Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


A moment is all it takes to change someone's life. One moment my foster mother is kicking me out of the house because her sorry excuse for a husband is eying me a little too long and the next moment I'm homeless and alone. Fending for myself at the human version of 18, wolf years I was still considered a pup. Growing up in a secluded werewolf community I was left outside in the cold to die.  Then I was transferred from house to house before my foster mother took me in, from twelve to eighteen I lived in this crappy house.  With crappy foster parents Debbie and Carl.

 

 

 

After I turned sixteen my foster father started side eyeing me, whenever I entered a room his gaze followed me around.  He often would make creepy comments about "how much I have grown" and "how pretty I've gotten". My foster mother Debbie was pissed that her man's attention was on someone else.  You can tell that

Debbie was a former cheerleader in high school.  Heavily made up face, youthful clothes and acting way to young.  She pranced around not working but spending her time on TikTok being useless.  I was part of a group of five foster kids in Debbie's house.  Unfortunately I was also an attractive female so in Debbie's mind competition.  Nobody was trying to catch Carl, another former high schooler trying to recreate his glory days. Ex-football star that amounted to nothing, the elders even let him play football with his were strength and it still didn't help.  Carl's physical appearance was on the decline, his football physique was starting to round into a beer belly from drinking all day.  Not working or working out was starting to make him flabby even his were metabolism was being overworked.  

 

 

 

All he did now was sit around, drink beer and mooch off his elderly parents.  The only reason these grown babies were foster parents is because they got a sizable monthly income from the elder consul.  

 

 

 

Debbie was a terrible cook, terrible homemaker and even more terrible were.  Other weeds in our little community always made fun of her.  Unfortunately not more than they made fun of me for being a half breed.  There used to be two other families containing halfbreed children and mates.  They soon couldn't take the constant harassment and moved on, now I stood as their only punching bag.  In the werewolf community sleeping with humans was practically a pastime but mating was sacrificial.

 

 

 

Were's biological obligated to find healthy strong females to procreate with.  Humans were fun playthings not mates, my mother apparently made that mistake with my father.   When it came time to address her halfbreed, she left her behind and ran away.  Parents suck right, didn't much matter to me, life keeps moving forward no matter how much you wish it didn't.  High school was nothing but a drag, unseen and unheard was the sun of "greatest years of my life". I went to school work and went on walks in my spare time, if I wasn't doing that I was volunteering wherever I could.  Anything to make sure I wouldn't be in that house.  

 

 

 

If Debbie wasn't on TikTok and Carl was sitting around drinking they were having petty arguments. Currently in the house I was the oldest while the other five children is six to fourteen.  Me and the fourteen year old share a room with bargain discount furniture that Debbie got second hand at a yard sale compared to her and Carl's new bedroom set.  As long as the check kept coming they didn't care.  The weren't physically abusive just borderline emotionally abusive with a tint of neglectful tendencies.     

 

 

 

 Unfortunately dealing with the younger children fell on me.  I made school lunches, helped with homework, walked the kids home at the end of the day.  AKA I did the grunt work while Debbie sat on her ass and Carl drank all day.  Unfortunately for me also when it came to the fourteen year old Meg is a klepto, I had to at least every week find a hiding place for money or she would steal it.  Whenever confronted she would act innocent like she didn't do anything.  The little shit got on my nerves, it wasn't only money but whatever she saw that she liked she took.  Knowing this I kept my side of the room at a bare minimum, the less I had the less for her to take.  I couldn't rely on Debbie to step in do anything, she saw it as my problem.  At least on full moon nights I didn't have to deal with Debbie or Carl.  

 

 

 

As half were's, we didn't change.  Only full-blooded were's changed into wolves.  Half-breeds couldn't turn they did have increased strength, healing abilities and senses.  We didn't live as long, as a pure did, were could live for 400 years.  I would be lucky if I lived to 150, I didn't get the benefit of a long life from the moon.   There where legends and stories about how all were's got their strength from the moon.  Not only did it facilitate there change but a little of females went into heat during full moons.  Legends were told around camp fires that a lot of were's still believed that the moon granted them long lives and that the moon was actually a wolf that looked over the earth as a guardian.  If that was true, what the hell was the wolf guarding? Sure as hell not the people down here, life continued to suck.  Whenever I was "home", I just wanted to leave.  I would take long walks throughout the wooded areas that surrounded the town.  These walks were calming, another thing about half breeds they always felt restless no matter what.  

 

 

 

People would whisper that it was because half breeds had no wolves so they were missing a part of themselves.  I definitely felt that during my many walks.  No matter who I was around, this deep seeded loneliness that no matter what I did I couldn't shake.  It didn't matter if I was surrounded by a room full of people I still felt empty.  This was one of the main reasons why half breeds never found mates, for them the emotion wasn't there.  I've never been in love hell I've never even had a high school crush and I am in high school.  I'm both lucky and unlucky, lucky that I don't have to suffer heartache and unlucky that a family of my own doesn't interest me.  Boys and men alike were always hitting on me at my part time job at our local grocery store.  Between ringing up bags of fruits and cuts of deli meat, young and old men tried to take me out on dates.  I politely or sometimes not so politely refused.  For high school boy it was a game to see who could get the bitchy girl at the register, every boy failed.  

 

 

 

I was a novelty to some boys, being one of the few African American women for miles.  Our small northern Colorado resort town wasn't very diverse.  Actually our town looked more like a ghost town off season then when it was vacation season the town was flooded.  Tourists wanting to experience fun on the slopes and fun trendy restaurants were everywhere until they packed up and went home.  Then our sleepy little were community could and then rest to do it all over again. One would think a we're only community would be secluded from humans but we collect there tourist money to run the town.  Every full grown were contributed to the town.  Even lazy Carl and stupid Debbie had to, they were always bitching about it like they paid their own bills.  Just another reason for me to take long walks by myself, the less I had to be around them the better. 

 

 

 

Soon I needed to decide what's next, most werewolves actually want to college or trade school.  Finding an occupation to help contribute to the community.  Debbie and Carl never got that message, their parents constantly called nagging about them being productive.  I would probably travel some before maybe finding a were community that will accept my kind when I'm old.  I could come back here but once I leave I'm going to leave for good.  This town only had shitty people and shitty memories. 

 

 

 

A few months ago everything changed drastically.  Carl started trying to get touchy with me, offering massages when Debbie walked in.  As soon as Debbie stepped out of the house, Carl was trailing behind me whenever I was home. Offering to buy me things and take me places.  His advances we're definitely not wanted, even if I could feel actual lust it definitely wouldn't be for Carl. By the end of the week I had just a backpack with my birth certificate, social, wallet and a few clothes and $500 save from a part-time job to my name.  Happy birthday to me.






Chapter End Notes:

Should I write more 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.