Welcome to The Chamber.
The Chamber services are subject to the following Terms of Service which are subject to change at any time. Notification of TOS changes will be noted in the news section of The Chamber, however The Chamber is not liable for members who fail to review the current TOS. Failure to accept these terms will deny you the right to post content to The Chamber. Failure to observe the TOS may result in the deletion of your writing, forum posts and/or the termination of your author account.
Be respectful in your postings to this site including reviews, author's responses to reviews, author's notes, profiles, and comments.
This site is for entertainment purposes only. PLEASE DO NOT ADVERTISE OR REFERENCE YOUR COMMERCIAL WORK ON THIS SITE. This includes personal messages using the archive review/comment system, the forum, the forum's personal message system or any other mode of communication hosted by The Chamber Archive. The administrators reserve the right to remove any posts or submissions they deem to be in violation of this rule. Members who use The Chamber for commerical purposes are subject to deletion.
Do not post solicitation and no spam. This prohibition includes advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes", or any other form of solicitation. Members who post the above materials are subject to deletion.
Please be aware that some contributions to The Chamber contain adult content. Stories that contain mature content require a statement that you are of age to legally read the material if an author appropriately rates their piece. If you are not of the age of consent in your community, it is your responsibility to leave the story containing prohibited content. The Chamber is not responsible for the erroneous rating of adult oriented content but will correct the erroneous rating or remove content as it is discovered or if the erroneous rating is brought to the attention of The Chamber Administrators.
Pursuant to these terms of service, you agree to:
- Abide by the rules that are posted for submissions and any other area of the Chamber;
- Uphold the locals laws which govern your actions when viewing and posting of content to the site;
- Honor the requests made by The Chamber Administrators with regard to your submissions or posting on the site.
- Honestly verify your age of consent when asked to do so
- check for updates and update notices of the rules and the TOS on the main page and with in pages on The Chamber
- You agree to conduct yourself in an ethical manner with regard to the work of authors on the archive at all times. This includes but is not limited to imitation of another author's characters, storyline and plot---or any conduct the administrators deem detrimental to the creative integrity of the archive and/or its authors
AUTHOR ACCOUNT, PASSWORD AND SECURITY
All members are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under that password or account. You agree to (i) immediately notify The Chamber Administrators of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
You give The Chamber the non-exclusive rights to publish your uploaded writing on The Chamber. The non-exclusive publishing rights end when you remove your writing.
You are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available on The Chamber. The Chamber does not guarantee the quality of content uploaded by its members. You agree not to use the service to upload, post or otherwise make available make available any Content that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, pornographic, harassing, defamatory, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, or otherwise objectionable.
You agree not to impersonate any person or entity or to upload, post or otherwise make available Content that you do not have the legal right to under the law.
You agree not to intentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law.
You agree not to upload another author's Fiction without prior permission from the author of the story.
You acknowledge that The Chamber does not pre-screen content.
The Chamber reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
You agree to conduct yourself in an ethical manner with regard to the work of authors on the archive at all times. This includes but is not limited to imitation of another author's characters, storyline and plot---or any conduct the administrators deem detrimental to the creative integrity of the archive and/or its authors
You agree that The Chamber, in its sole discretion, may terminate your account and remove and discard any Content, for any reason The Chamber believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the TOS.
The Chamber may post links to other World Wide Web sites. The Chamber has no control over the content of such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that The Chamber is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources.
If you feel that your writing was copied with out permission and in violation of your copyright by another writer The Chamber, please provide The Chamber administrators with the following information via e-mail:
- Pen name and e-mail address.
- Contact information for the author you feel is violating your copyright. This information should include the author's pen name, e-mail address, and author profile url.
- The url of the piece that you have written and/or copyrighted, the date that the story was posted, and the title of the piece.
- The url of the piece that you feel is in violation of your copyright, the date the alleged infringed piece was written and the title the alleged infringed piece.
- And other supporting and collaborative evidence that demonstrates copyright infringement.
- A short message detailing the nature of the copyright infringement
- After this has been received, The Chamber administrators will determine if the piece in question is in violation of your copyright and then respond accordingly
COPYRIGHTS and COPYRIGHT AGENTS
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that legally constitutes copyright infringement, you agree to notify The Chamber Administrators immediately. If you have a copyright abuse complaint based on theft of your piece by other fan authors, please provide The Chamber with the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work alleged to have been infringed;
- a description of where the allegedly infringing material is located on the site;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
- After this has been received, The Chamber Administrators will determine if there has been a violation of your copyright and then respond accordingly.