Nikoli by Beastlover 18
Summary:

Can a beauty ever truly love a beast?


Categories: Original Fiction Characters: None
Classification: Supernatural
Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
Story Status: Active
Pairings: None
Warnings: Work in Progress
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 13 Completed: No Word count: 15551 Read: 72250 Published: August 04 2013 Updated: October 19 2013

1. Chapter 1 by Beastlover 18

2. The Cast by Beastlover 18

3. Chapter 2 by Beastlover 18

4. Chapter 3 by Beastlover 18

5. Chapter 4 by Beastlover 18

6. Chapter 5 by Beastlover 18

7. Chapter 6 by Beastlover 18

8. Chapter 7 by Beastlover 18

9. Chapter 8 by Beastlover 18

10. Chapter 9 by Beastlover 18

11. Chapter 10 by Beastlover 18

12. Chapter 11 by Beastlover 18

13. Chapter 12 by Beastlover 18

Chapter 1 by Beastlover 18

Carolina paced throughout the living room, trying to figure out the next few seconds. There were three of them talking in the kitchen from below. She needed a plan she only had thirty minutes possibly less. Running her fingers through her hair she looked around, realizing there was nothing that she could use for her escape. She tried to open the boarded windows but that proved to be a disaster, since they heard her attempts.

“Stop trying,” the blonde male stated.

The three of them surrounded her never removing their gaze. One of the males, that had dark red hair which seemed black, smiled sadistically. “We can always send her back in pieces.”

“He’ll kill us before he even blinks.” The small framed brunette stated in the corner, as he pushed from the wall he was leaning against.

“She does have a delicious figure.” The blonde said as he circled around her eyeing the amount of curves she possessed.

“Please, you must let me go. He will not let any of you live even if I plead your case. If you let me go now, there is still hope for you three.”

“How do you do it?” The brunette asked, as he joined the blonde in his continuous pacing.

“Do what?”

“How do you sleep with him?” The red head asked.

Carolina lowered her head. “You wouldn’t understand.”

The statement angered the blonde, “The man kills! I’ve seen him take down an entire village!”

Carolina cringed as she realized their reason for revenge. “He is no longer that man.”

“No, he’s much worse. He’s been terrorizing our fellow people for years.” The brunette stated as he walked towards the boarded windows.

“I’m sorry for the people that you’ve lost but—”

“YOU KNOW NOTHING OF OUR LOSSES!” The red head screamed.

“Lower your voice.”

The red head turned her attention toward his blonde friend, “I heard something.” He said as he walked out of the living room.

“Please, let me go. I will plead for your lives but you must let me go.”

“Shut up! You are nothing but his plaything.”

“Actually, she’s more than a plaything.” They all turned towards the tall male, dressed in a custom made Armani suit, standing in the entrance to the living room.

Carolina’s heart quickened at the sight of him. “Nikoli,” she breathed in relief and worry. “Please—”

“No! My beloved don’t you dare plead to me. They took you and they would’ve taken your body for their pleasure.” Nikoli said as he walked towards her. Once he reached her he pulled her and held her to his chest.

“Nikoli,” she said softly.

“I’m sorry. I cannot let them leave, they took you.” He said as he pulled her face from his chest and held her face gently between his monstrous palms.

“My Nikoli, you much have mercy upon them.”

Nikoli looked over his beloved, there were two remaining and he wanted them to die with knowledge. He removed his hands from her face and placed him them inside his pockets. “Gentlemen, I will indulge my beloved and ask why you took her from my arms.”

The red head was the first to speak, “You killed our entire Kumli village.”

Nikoli walked towards the two, “Technically I did not kill your entire village since you two are still breathing.”

“Why did you do it?”

“Kill your entire village?” Nikoli turned to look at Carolina. “Do you see that beautiful creature? I love that woman with my entire soul and it was that love that killed your village.”

The brunette walked up to Nikoli, “What do you mean?”

Nikoli sighed in irritation at the males while looking at his beloved before he revealed the details, “Your village offered me a business deal. I would build a company that would bring jobs, but I couldn’t do it. The land happened to home to an entire Native American burial ground. I denied them and in their anger they took my beloved. I got there just before the entire male townsmen took her body.”

“That’s a lie! Our village had honorable men.”

Nikoli looked away from the sight of his beloved’s tears. He eyed the two remaining men. The feeling of sympathy started to fill his chest and he quickly suppressed that feeling.

“My beloved is honorable.” Nikoli said. “When I put her in my arms she pleaded for your village.”

“Why didn’t you give them mercy?”

Nikoli turned to his beloved and wrapped his arms around her body. “They were not honorable.” “You killed the women and children?” The brunette asked.

“The women brought the children to watch and cheered.”

The red head watched Nikoli in hatred with his fist turning white. “I do not believe you. Our village was honorable!”

“THEY TOOK MY BELOVED! THEY LIED TO ME! They were not honorable.”

The brunette looked at Carolina with sympathy filling his eyes, “Is what he said true?”

Carolina looked at the man with regret, “It is.”

The brunette nodded with contempt, “Then this is my mistake.” He turned to Nikoli, “Kill me.”

Nikoli looked at the male in wonder. “Normally, I would. Why do you wish for your death?”

“I have lived under the impression that my village was innocent. Due to the latest information, I am no better than my village.”

Nikoli looked at the man with instant respect. “Do you know that you are quite the honorable man? It would be a shame if you died…however you are right.”  Nikoli told the brunette as he walked over to him and placed his hands over the man’s ears and kissed his forehead. “Such a shame,” he said as he broke the man’s neck.  Carolina gasped in shock.

“My beloved, don’t do that. In the end he took you from my arms.” He responded as he looked over at Carolina.

The red head ran towards Nikoli grabbing his shoulders only to have Nikoli throw him across the living room.

Nikoli eyes the red head with such intense irritation. “You are not honorable and killing you will bring peace to the world.”

He walked up to the red head that lay immobile as Nikoli ripped his heart from his chest. Carolina watched in horror at Nikoli’s actions. He pulled the napkin out of his right front pocket to clean off the blood from his right hand.

She continued to look at him without judgment as he watched her.

“What?”

“I’m wondering when you’ll give mercy to those who are worthy?” Nikoli walked towards her while he dropped the napkin. He placed her in his arms and kissed her forehead.

“When people realize that you are not my weakness but my strength.” He said as he put his arm around her waist and walked her out of the abandoned house.

Once Carolina walked out of the abandoned house she felt an ounce of regret but she instantly shook it off. She looked at the man who stole her heart years ago.

 

 

 

End Notes:

what do you think? should I continue?

The Cast by Beastlover 18

The Cast 

Nikoli 

Carolina (Present) 

Young Carolina 

Marcus Harris & Gina Harris 

Jonathan Alastor and Sally Alastor 

Weston Alastor 

Chapter 2 by Beastlover 18

June 21, 1954

“Carolina? Where are you?”

Carolina covered her mouth in order to hide her sudden laughter. She knew that her mother was searching for her but didn’t want to reveal her hiding space.

“Carolina?!”

Her laughter died when she noticed the panic in her mother’s voice. She decided to end her mother’s worrying. “Boo!” She said as she opened the closet door, scaring her mother in the process.

“Carolina! You shouldn’t do that, you’re going to give me a heart attack.” She scolded Carolina while her hands still covered her chest. “You must get dressed.”

Carolina’s eyebrows lowered in confusion, “Why?”

“There is a dinner party.”

“Mom, you know that no one invites us to parties.”

“Well, the Alastor family decided to invite us.” Carolina’s mother stated as she put the new pink dress laced with black polka dots on her bed.

“What’s this?” Carolina questioned as she ran her fingers over the material realizing that it was a silk dress.

“The Alastors sent it.”

“Mother, this is a silk dress and silk is not only rare but expensive.”

Her mother smiled. “Darling you need to stop questioning the hospitality of others.”

Carolina looked at her mother. She was a beautiful woman with curly hair that reached her thin waist.

“Mother—”

“Carolina that’s enough, you will put on this dress and be ready to leave in the next fifteen minutes.”

“Fine,” Carolina simply said as she began pulling removing her clothes. Her mother smiled at her before walking out and shutting the door. Carolina stared in fascination at the rare material. She shook her head knowing that the Alastor family must be insane. She knew that the family was new to the small town of Angel Camp, California and from the town gossip the family comes from the South. It did bother Carolina that they came from the South due to the mistreatment of colored people and she instantly shook off any form of mistrust; no racist would give a colored girl a rare gift. She slipped the dress up and placed the straps on her shoulders. She looked at her reflection in the body length mirror that was next to her closet door. Carolina smoothed out the material just to make sure she wasn’t imaging it. The dress fit her body perfectly it flared out at the waist and reached her knees the dress was elegant and modest.

 “Carolina! Are you ready?” Her mother hollered from the hallway.

“Yes,” she answered as she stepped from her room. “Can you help button up the back?”  Her mother smiled, as Carolina turned, and began buttoning the dress.

When she was finished her mother hugged her. “You are truly the most beautiful woman I’ve laid eyes on.”

Carolina giggled, “You’re just saying that because you’re my mom.”

“No, she’s saying that because it’s true.’ Carolina turned to see her father waiting by the front door.

“Daddy, you’re supposed to say that mom is that Mom is the most beautiful woman.”

“Well, this beautiful woman created a beautiful daughter.” He stated as he put his arm around her and walked out of the house. Carolina turned to see her mother close the door before following her and her father to the car.

“Dad,” Carolina said as her father held the car door open and waited for her to enter the car.

“Yes?”

“Who are the Alastor’s? Why did they give me this dress?”

Her father smiled, “How about I get you and your mother into the car and then I’ll answer your questions.”

Carolina smiled and entered the backseat of the car. She watched her father hold open her mother’s door and kissed the inside of the palm before she got into the passenger seat. When he father got into the car he took a deep breath and began driving.

“Carolina, I’m going to answer your two questions. The Alastors are a family of wealth. In fact their ancestors no only founder of the town but also built the town. They wanted to get to know our family because they have an interest in my writings.”

 Carolina’s eyes widen in surprise, “They’re interested in your writings? Daddy, that’s amazing news!”

Her father smiled, “Yes, I find it to be a huge deal.”

Despite her father’s smiles, Carolina felt that something was a bit off. It was something that Carolina always had, a six sense when it came to people’s emotions. She looked at her mother with intense concentration when she did she felt waves of worry and sadness. The amount of emotion caused Carolina to break her concentration. They were going to a dinner party nothing unusual, other than the fact that they were walking into a wealthy white family’s house for dinner. She looked at her father whose knuckles were turning white due to how hard he was holding the steering wheel. Taking a deep breath she focused again and felt guilt waving from her father. The emotions that she kept felt from her parents were foreign to her. Mr. and Mrs. Marcus Harris were not people who feel guilt, sadness and worry. She shook her head in disbelief, knowing that her parents were keeping a secret which was something that they had never done. She turned her attention towards the surrounding trees that were speeding past her. It was after they had past the third orchard that she realized they were far from town.

“Where exactly do the Alastors live?”

“Well, they live in the ‘rich orchard.’ ” He joked.

Carolina smiled at her father’s joking. The ‘rich orchard’ is called that simply due to the fact that many wealthy people did not like mingling with commoners. She sat in silence wondering what this dinner party was going to reveal.

“We’re almost there.” Her father told her as he turned left onto a dust road. It took fifteen minutes before the house was in sight. When Carolina saw the house she gasped in wonder. The house was beautiful it was a white two story house that had vines swirling up from the left base of the house. It reminded Carolina of a southern house that she’d have seen when visiting her grandmother last summer. When the car stopped her father hesitated, something her father never did. She watched as her mother reached over and placed a comforting hand over his. They sat in silence for a few seconds but it felt like minutes. It was when a couple stepped out and started waving that her parents took a deep breath and her father got out and opened her mother’s for before he opened hers. The woman was quite beautiful she had long black hair and bright green eyes; her husband was abnormally tall with blonde short hair that was slicked black and light blue eyes. Those eyes stared at her with fascination.

“Marcus, I thought you were lost for a second.”

“Almost,” her father joked as he wrapped his arm around her mother’s waist pulling her to him.

“We have Mary cooking a five course meal, and it will be ready in about forty minutes. Why don’t we go inside?” The woman suggested.

“Dear, don’t you think that we should introduce ourselves?”

“Oh, yes. I’m Sally Alastor and this is my husband Jonathan Alastor.”

“I’m Carolina Harris.” She shook their hands and smiled. “I love the house, how long has it been in your family?”

“Centuries,” she answered. “Come inside, it’s going to be a cold night.”

Carolina looked on as her parents and the Alastors walked into the house. She looked at the house one more time before she entered. It was more beautiful inside, thousands of artifact graced oak wood furniture. She looked in wonder not realizing the male who had closed the door behind her

“What are you doing in my house?”

Carolina jumped and turned towards the voice. There was a handsome man who was just as tall as Mr. Alastor with light blue eyes.

“I’m Carolina Harris –”

“So… you’re the one that he’s looking for.”

“I’m sorry?”

“You don’t know?”

“Weston, I see that you’ve met Carolina, this is her father Marcus and her mother Gina. This is our youngest son, Weston.

“Yes, I’m the youngest of five. Mom didn’t know when to stop.”

“Enough, you know that I love all five of you.” She smiled and looked at Gina. “I always wanted a big family.”

“Marcus and I wanted to have more children, but after Carolina there were complications.” Gina stated as she looked down at her feet. That was what she did when she was on the brink of tears. Marcus noticed and rubbed her back in comfort.

“I didn’t mean to bring up bad memories.”

Gina shook off the sorrow. “It’s alright, you didn’t know.”

Carolina watched as the silence between the two couples became awkward.

“Weston, would you mind taking Carolina on a tour on the house. She is fascinated by the outside I’m sure she will be with the inside.”

“I’m sure,” Weston said. “Ladies first,” he said as he stepped back and extended his arm.

Carolina looked at her parents for permission, and when they nodded she turned and walked past Weston.

Carolina looked at her parents for permission, and when they nodded she turned and walked past Weston.

“What’s off limits?”

Weston sighed, “Not much, just my room as well as my parents.”

Carolina nodded, “What did you mean earlier, when you said that someone is looking for me?”

Weston laughed, “It’s obvious that they haven’t told you. It is not my place to inform you.”

Carolina nodded in understanding as she looked at the various paintings that covered the walls. “Are these your relatives?”

“Yes. They were all painted and passed down to future generations. I personally think that we had ugly ancestors and I would gladly burn each painting.”

Carolina looked at Weston. She noticed the way he looked at each painting with dislike.

“Sorry, but my ancestors were money hungry. They did things that were dishonorable.” He said as he placed his hands in his pockets and sighed. “Well let’s take this tour to the library.”

“You guys have a library?”

“Yes, my oldest brother Nikoli, he’s a fan of books.”

“Oh? Is he coming to the dinner party as well?”

“No, he’s not welcomed.”

Carolina followed him up the spiraling staircase. “Not welcome?”

“Well, he has gone against my parents’ wishes. They in return disowned him.”

“How could your parents disown him?”

“He was ruining the family name. The only way for us to be safe was to disown him.”

“That sounds…harsh.”

Weston shrugged his shoulders. “We all do what we must for survival.

They reached the second floor and continued down a hallway that led them to the library. When they reached the double doors, Weston pushed them open and Carolina gasped.

“Who designed this library?”

Weston stood by the double doors, “My brother, Nikoli.”

Carolina walked inside and started to glance at books placed on the bookshelves. “Your brother is quite the classical reader.”

“I wouldn’t know.”

Carolina looked at him, “What do you mean?”

“No one other than Nikoli is allowed to enter this library.”

“Oh? I’m in here.”

“Yes,” he said as he leaned against the door frame. “You are special.”

“Special? I doubt that.” She joked. She turned and looked at the fireplace that was in the middle of the library. It was dusty as well as much of the library. Looking around she saw that the books were separated by genre.

“Did anybody other than your brother put books in this library?”

“No, he was quite serious about his library and very possessive. Why?”

Carolina touched the binding of her favorite book after she looked at the surround novels, “He has the entire Jane Austen collection. He even has an original signed Pride & Prejudice.” She told him as she opened the book.

“Jane Austen?”

“Yes, that’s strange. I wonder how he even got a signed original.”

“He probably bought it; money means little to my brother.”

Carolina read the message that was left on the title page, “It was signed to him, and apparently he was quite the fan.”

Weston sighed in irritation, “Do you want to see the rest of the house or are you going to stay in there all night?” She blinked and shook her head, “Sorry, I’m coming. It’s just I’ve never seen such a collection of books. I’m still baffled that the book was signed to him.”

“I’m not. Nikoli is a family name given to the first son.”

“Oh, well I guess that explains it.”

They continued the tour with Weston narrating throughout. It was toward the end of the tour that they passed a door that had never been touched due to the fading red paint which caused it to stand out. “What’s in this room?” Carolina asked as Weston walked past her she walked up to the door and twisted the door knob. She had cracked the door but it was instantly slammed shut, “No!”

“I’m sorry!”

“Why did you do that?”

Carolina felt herself walking backwards, “I don’t know.’

The sound of running footsteps caught Carolina’s attention. Jonathan Alastor looked furious, “What happened?”

Weston sighed, “She opened the door.”

Jonathan cursed as he put his hands on his hips and looked at Carolina. “Do you know what we did in order to keep you safe?”

Carolina looked at him confused, “What do you mean?”

“Dad, he’ll come here. We only have a few hours.”

Jonathan sighed, “You’re right. We must hurry.”

It was then that Carolina’s parents ran up the stairs followed by Sally.

“Don’t tell me—”

“Yes, she did.”

“What did I do?”

Jonathan Alastor walked up to Carolina. “Jonathan, don’t you dare.” Sally said as she tried to stop her husband.

“I’ll tell you what you did. You have just triggered something that I have tried to keep sealed for centuries! You have given a location to my oldest son who is a monster and will kill everyone just to get his hands on you.”

Carolina’s eyes began to water, “What are you talking about?”

“Jonathan, you’re scaring her.” Sally said trying to reason with her husband.

 

“She should be.” 

Chapter 3 by Beastlover 18
Author's Notes:

Thanks so much for the reveiws! 

Jonathan grabbed Carolina’s arm, “We must hurry.”

Carolina tried to release her arm from his grasp, “Daddy, what’s going on?”

Tears began to form in her eyes as she looked at her parents doing nothing as Jonathan Alastor dragged her down the staircase.

 “I’m sorry, but Carolina you have done cannot be undone.” Her father said as he wrapped his arm around her mother’s waist.

Carolina started sobbing uncontrollably, “Daddy, I don’t understand.”

It was then that Jonathan reached the end of the staircase and turned to face Carolina. “Listen, you’ve just signaled my monstrous son, Nikoli. Your parents did everything right in order to protect you, but it seems that you’re doomed.”

“What are you talking about?!” She asked hysterically.

“You need to stop this! Your eighteenth birthday is in two months and you need to stop acting like a child.” Jonathan said as he forced her to follow him.

When they reached the garage he forced her into the back seat of the 1950 Austin A70 Hampshire. Carolina sat there sobbing and feeling as if her entire world was falling apart. She looked around in panic trying to get out but the locks weren’t budging. She looked out the tinted rear window to see Jonathan Alastor talking to her parents. Her father was listening to everything that Jonathan was saying while her mother looked at her with tears in her eyes. She began banging on her window trying to plead with her mother to help her. Jonathan nodded his head once to her father and made his way out to the car. She looked back at her mother while tears ran down her cheeks and watched as her parents turned their backs. Sally and Weston Alastor walked out with suitcases in each hand. Carolina sat in silence as the Alastor family got into the car and drove her away from the only life she had ever known. Jonathan was speaking to her, but all she did was sit there emotionally drained.

“Carolina, are you listening to me? If Nikoli catches—”

That was the last thing Carolina remembered before everything went dark.

When she opened her eyes she looked around realizing that she was still sitting in the car and the Alastor family wasn’t there.  She turned to open the door but it wouldn’t open.

“Boss, I think she’s awake.”

Carolina stopped all movement.

“Why don’t we indulge her?”

“You got it.”

The door suddenly swung open, revealing a group of men that were surrounding the Alastor family who were bound and gagged. Carolina screamed and pushed her way back from the scene, hurting her back when it banged into the opposite car door.

“Ah, we were waiting for you to wake up,” said the man who was standing next to the Alastor family, “Please, you must exit from that horrible vehicle.” He said as he scratched his beard.

Carolina remained in place and continued holding her knees to her chest.  “What if I don’t want to?”

The bearded man chuckled, “Then I will be forced to enter that horrible vehicle and drive you to my home.”

“I don’t want to go anywhere with you.” Carolina said softly.

The bearded man looked surprised at her statement, “Oh? Where would you want to go?”

“I want to go home,” she said sniffling. “I want be with my parents.”

He shook his head, “I’m sorry, but that is the one thing that I cannot allow.”

“Why not?”

“Please, will you come out? I will answer all your questions and tell you no lies.”

Carolina stared at him with intense concentration and felt no deception instead she felt happiness and vulnerability waving from him. She took a deep breath and slowly exited the vehicle, when she stepped out she noticed the front end of the car smashed in. She turned back at the Alastor family and noticed that Jonathan had blood running down the left side of his face, Weston looked at her with resentment and Sally was passed out leaning against Weston for support.

“There that wasn’t so hard.” He jokingly said, disrupting her from her thoughts.

“What do you want from me?”

The man sighed, “Well…you.”

“What?”

The bearded man rubbed his face with both hands and placed them in his pockets. “You were promised to me.”

“By who?”

 “By your ancestors.”

“Who are you?”

He laughed, “I’m sorry. I’ve forgotten my manners, I’m Nikoli Alastor.”

Carolina looked at Nikoli in shock, “Nikoli?”

“Yes and by your expression I assume that my family has scared you with my reputation.”

“The only thing your family has told me is that you were disowned.”

“That was centuries ago,” he said while looking at his father. “Father thought it would be best if the family turned their backs on me.”

“Please, let me go home. I don’t want to be part of this.”

“Do you even know what is truly going on? My dear Carolina, the only thing that I truly desire is to have you.”

“Why?”

“My dear Carolina, you’re exactly how she described.”

“What are you talking about?!” She yelled.

“You belong to me! You were promised to me, by your ancestors!” Nikoli screamed at her.

Carolina stood there feeling as if she was losing her mind. “I must be dreaming,” she said to herself. “I must be.”

“My dear Carolina, this is very real. Your parents tried to keep me from you, and they must pay…along with my family.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, I don’t like when people take what is mine.”

“You can’t hurt my parents or yours. They are innocent.”

“Innocent?!” Nikoli said while he laughed at her attempts to save these horrid people. “Did they even tell you what you are or what they are?”

“What are you talking about?”

“My dear Carolina, you must come with me. I will tell you everything, just come with me.” He said while holding his hand out. When she reached out to place her hand in his, Jonathan Alastor struggled trying to break free from the rope. Carolina looked at Jonathan, who continuously shook his head, and Carolina pulled her hand back.

“I’ll go with you, on one condition.” When Nikoli nodded she continued, “That you let our families live, and that no harm will ever come to them.”

“Fine, no harm will come to either family. In fact I will let you say goodbye to your parents.”

Carolina nodded, “I will go with you.”

Jonathan Alastor’s muffled screams were ignored as he they all watched Carolina put her hand into Nikoli’s.

 

“You will not be disappointed; I will make you the happiest woman alive.” 

End Notes:

What do you think? 

Chapter 4 by Beastlover 18
Author's Notes:

Thank you for the reviews! 

 

 Carolina watched as Nikoli smiled in triumph. “Gentlemen, would you escort the lovely Carolina to the car?” He asked the group of men without breaking eye contact with Carolina. “I have to speak with my family…alone.”

“You promised—”

“Relax, my dear Carolina. They will not be harmed.”

Carolina looked over at a defeated Jonathan Alastor who looked at her and Nikoli in a daze.

“Please, my dear Carolina. Why don’t you wait for me in the car?” Carolina didn’t respond as she was being led to the 1930 Stutz Monte Carlo. Carolina stood there looking at the car with deep sadness for several minutes thinking about the latest events.

“What’s wrong?” Nikoli asked causing her jump slightly in fright.

“Nothing, everything’s fine. Are you ready to leave?” Carolina asked as she was about to open the car door.

Nikoli stepped in front of her before she could touch the car, “My dear Carolina, lying is something that I will not tolerate. So… you need to tell me what has you so sad.”

She took in Nikoli’s appearance; he was standing in front of her with his arms crossed over his chest and his legs slightly apart.

Sighing in defeat she answered, “I have no control over my life.”

“What do you mean?”

“According to you, I was never going to be in control of my life. I’ve been promised to you before I was even born! I’m sorry if I’m not grateful that you’ve enlightened me but I liked my life. I just realized that I’m never going to be free to do what I choose!”

Nikoli nodded, uncrossed his arms and opened the passenger door. “Get in,” he simply stated. “We have much to discuss.”

Carolina nodded and entered the car. She watched as Nikoli turned to one of the men, and he then got into the car. “My dear Carolina, we are going to my favorite restaurant and during our drive you can ask me anything you want.” 

Carolina agreed and Nikoli started the car and began driving.

“What are you?”

Nikoli laughed, “Well, you’re jumping right into it. My family is gifted with immortality.”

“Immortals? Your family is immortal?”

“Yes, it was a gift. My grandfather saved a warlock’s daughter and her cousin from being raped during a Viking raid. The Warlock was grateful and honored by grandfather and his family immortality.”

“Why?”

“Well, it was a time when many Vikings were dishonorable. The warlock was being forced into slavery and one of the high ranking warriors was taking advantage of his family.”

“Why would he give your family immortality? That’s a tremendous gift to give an entire family.”

“You were not around during Viking times, my dear Carolina. If you would’ve been a slave during that time, you would be passed around a Viking dinner table of twenty. To find a Viking warrior with honor was a rare thing. So the warlock wanted to preserve that honor.”

Carolina shook her head in denial. “There must be more to the story, I mean immortality? That’s a huge gift! No one just gives that away!” She looked over to see that Nikoli was smiling, “What? You know it’s true.”

“There could be more to the story, especially since I’m no longer an immortal.”

The news shocked Carolina, “What do you mean?”

“I have five younger brothers, and I had one younger sister.”

“Had? Did she pass away?”

“No, but she hasn’t been her normal self in centuries.”

“What happened?”

“When we were in Britain my sister was quite popular. One day my brothers Mikael, Kalien, Viktor and I went out to swim in a nearby river. We told our sister, Talia that we would take her into town so that she could pick up this dress that was custom made. She grew impatient and went into town by herself. When my brothers and I went back home and found that Weston was the only one there we were in a panic. We searched for weeks and I was the most passionate. One day I received a letter with an address with a room number. It was an old lodge, when I walked in there was this little old lady. When I told her about the letter she burst into tears, she kept saying that she didn’t know what they were doing and if they knew about the letter she would end up dead. After I told her that no harm will come to her, she led me up to the room. When I opened the door I was greeted with my sister tied naked to four bed posts, while the room smelled of sweat and semen.”  Carolina gasped in horror causing Nikoli to turn his attention toward her for a second, “I’ll spare you the old lady’s testimony. When I got home with my baby sister my mother was distraught, I told my father about the culprits and he did nothing.”

“He did nothing? Didn’t he go to the authorities?”

“He did, but that proved to be worthless. The men who kidnapped and raped my sister happened to be of ‘elite status.’ ”

Carolina looked at him, “You took matters into your own hands.”

“I did. I decided that those wealthy little boys who hurt my sister should be punished and that the world would benefit from their deaths. I killed all thirty of them.” When Carolina looked at him with horror in her gaze, he nodded once, “Yes, thirty paying customers to take my sister whenever they wanted. I left the one who took her innocence first live after I have finished killing his friends.”

“Why?”

“I watched him live his life as if he never took my sister. It was on his wedding night that I killed him while his bride watched.”

“What happened to his wife afterwards?”

“I killed her. After I was killing each man I was feeling weaker with each death. I would be sleeping throughout the day and staying up at night. It was after I killed the last one that I felt different. When his bride tried to run, the only way out was through the window. She smashed it open with her hand, and the smell blood was so strong. I couldn’t help myself, I ended up draining her and that’s when I became…different.”

“So…you’re a vampire?”

“It would appear so.”

When Carolina opened her mouth to speak no words came out. “Close your mouth you look crazy fish. To answer your question the warlock’s spell was a gift to honorable men and I did something that was dishonorable. I killed people instead of doing the honorable thing, which was turning them in to the authorities.”

“What’s the difference between an immortal and vampire? Well, besides the blood thing.”

“They are similar. An immortal is incredibly strong and fast. They have good hearing and smell. A vampire has all of those except their senses are weak during the daytime and need blood every week.”

Carolina faced the front windshield and became lost in thought. Ten minutes passed by in silence until Carolina asked another question, “Where is your sister now?”

“Living with me, my father turned his back on my sister as well as myself. My sister felt safer when I killed the men who hurt her and for that my father shunned her.”

“She didn’t do anything. Your sister was raped and your father shunned her?”

“In her attempt to feel safer she was condoning my dishonorable behavior.”

“So…your family disowned you because you killed thirty men who kidnapped and raped your sister?”

 

“No, they disowned me for different reasons.” 

End Notes:

What do you think? 

 

Chapter 5 by Beastlover 18
Author's Notes:

Thank you for all the reviews!

I'm sorry for the short chapter, I will work on a longer chapter. Expect a longer chapter on Friday! 

“What exactly did you do?”

Nikoli tensed, “Do you really want to know?”

Carolina looked at him while he continued to stare out at the road, “I can still ask you anything right?”

He nodded stiffly, “Yes, my dear Carolina. You can ask me anything you like.”

Nikoli hesitated. Carolina stared at him and watched as he struggled with the answer.

“What’s your favorite movie?” Carolina suddenly asked, wanting to change the subject. When she looked at Nikoli he seemed confused.

“What’s my favorite movie?”

“Yes, what is your favorite movie? I like the film His Girl Friday with Cary Grant. I really like Cary Grant he’s a great actor and Rosalind Russell is quite the comedian.”

“Who are these people?”

“Actors…I’m surprised you don’t know about them.”

“Why are you asking me this?”

Carolina sighed, “I think we’ve had enough of family history for one night. I do have one question pertaining to us.”

“Which is?”

“What are we going to do?”

“Well, I plan to take you to dinner.”

“What about after dinner?”

Nikoli smiled, “You’re going to talk to your parents.”

“You’re going to let me say goodbye to my parents?”

“Yes, I’ll let you say goodbye. I personally think that you shouldn’t.”

“Why shouldn’t I?”

Nikoli glanced at her, “You want my honest opinion?”

“Yes,” when he glanced at her she smiled. “I think I can handle the truth.”

“I think that your parents gave their daughter to a family they barely knew. I know that you believe that they did it in order to protect you, but they were dishonorable. They went against a promise that was made centuries ago.”

“What promise?”

Nikoli smiled, “I thought we weren’t going to talk about anymore family history?” When Carolina raised her eyebrows, Nikoli laughed. “Okay, I’ll tell you. When I was a simple immortal, I was popular with many of the village women.”

Carolina laughed, “Really?”

“I’ll have you know that I was quite popular due to my warrior skills.”

“What were your warrior skills?”

“Well, I was most famous for my ability to slice a man’s head off with one strike. My brother Mikael and I were most famous for our ability to slice a man open. ”

Carolina looked at him in horror, “You’re joking. No human being could do that.”

“No, but an immortal can, my brother and I use to challenge each other when it came to the battle field. I always won. There was no greater warrior than the Alastor brothers.”

“What do your talents as a warrior have to do with my ancestors and their promise?”

“A fortune teller’s daughter was found in my cabin. She was stating her undying love for me. I had to throw her over my shoulder, kicking in screaming, in order to get her home. When we arrived her mother stepped aside and I dropped her on her bed and told her that she was too young for me. Afterwards her mother offered a reading for free.”

“Is that when you found out about me?”

“That night, I found out about my future.”

Carolina’s eyebrows lowered in confusion, “Your future?”

 

“Yes, I found out about my future…with you.” 

End Notes:

What do you think? 

Chapter 6 by Beastlover 18
Author's Notes:

Thanks so much for all the reveiws!!

Well I did promise a longer chapter and what was seven pages on microsoft doesn't look like much. 

Sorry! 

“What was in our future?”

Nikoli glanced at her and smiled, “A child.”

“A child…I’m assuming that you believe it’s our child?”

“Yes, I do.”

“Not all fortune tellers are honest people. Do you believe her?”

“I didn’t at first. When she told me that I would become a dishonorable monster I had the audacity to laugh in her face. I remember telling her that the Alastors are an honorable family. While I sat there, with arrogance she looked at me with sympathy. She calmly told me that I will bring disgrace to my family because I followed my heart, but though darkness there will be light.”

Carolina lowered her head, “Which would be the child?”

“Yes, our child.”

“Why would you believe a fortune teller?”

Nikoli laughed, “Well, she has been right about you.”

“In what way?”

“You’re a bit of an odd ball.”

Carolina looked at him offended, “In what way?”

Nikoli smiled, “Well, no man or woman would speak to me the way you do.”

“What do you mean?”

“I’ve killed many people, my dear Carolina. People who know of me…they tend to walk in the opposite direction.”

“So, this fortune teller told you of my stubborn nature?”

“Yes, her words were that ‘it runs in the family’.”

“What do you mean?”

“It was your ancestor, Medline.”

“My ancestors were fortune tellers?”

“Yes, she told me that it would be her kin that would destroy my honor and restore it.”

Carolina looked at Nikoli and concentrated, there were waves of sadness coming from him, “In what way?”

“After I rejected Medline’s daughter, she kept following me. I remember coming back from raids and she would be waiting for my safe return. She would help my mother cook dinner in order to steal glances at me. It was a whole and I found myself growing close to her. When I was going to confess my feelings towards her was the day that she and the blacksmith’s son announced their engagement.”

Carolina looked confused, “I thought she loved you?”

“She did but she loved him more. When they announced their engagement, I assumed Medline of witchcraft. She told me that it was true love and that her daughter was supposed to make a connection, nothing more.”

“That’s…sad.” Carolina said as she looked out the passenger window.

“It was worth it, because it was the day that I laid eyes on you.”

“How was that possible?”

“Medline, she was a powerful gypsy. When she realized how upset I was, she gave me a glimpse of a peaceful life.”

When she was about to ask Nikoli about the vision, he pulled into Sammy’s Burgers. “What are you taking me to Sam’s burgers?”

“They make the best burgers and the owner is a good friend.”

Carolina looked at Nikoli with interest, “You are quite the mystery, Mr. Alastor.”

Nikoli parked the car, “Do you wish to go somewhere else?”

“No, it’s fine. This is one of my favorite burger places, they have amazing vanilla milkshakes.”

Nikoli smiled and got out of the car. Carolina noticed as Nikoli stood out the moment he pulled into the parking lot. When he opened her door, she stepped out and placed a hand on her stomach in order to calm her nerves.

The action was noticed by Nikoli, who placed his hands on each side of her face. “Carolina, what has you so nervous that it’s causing those beautiful lips to form a frown?”

“It’s nothing,” she told him.

Nikoli smiled and kissed her forehead, “You’re lying.” He said as he pulled back.

“Nikoli stared at her without blinking, “Fine, you will tell me later.”

When she nodded he wrapped his arm around her shoulders. It made Carolina feel safe and uncomfortable. When they walked into the crowded place it instantly became quiet. Carolina looked around for an open booth, when she spotted one across from the bathroom she gently placed her left hand on his and nodded to the direction of open booth. Nodding his approval he pulled her closer and sat down opposite of each other.

“Where are your friends?”

“They’re waiting outside.” Nikoli said as a waiter placed menus in front of them.

“Nikoli, don’t you think that it’s rude to leave your friends out there? They’re probably hungry.”

Nikoli picked up menus and continued to ignore Carolina. She sighed knowing that he was angry with her, so she decided to invite his friends.

She moved from the booth and mad her way outside while Nikoli watched with irritation. He watched as her movements became the center of attention. Carolina walked outside in anger, which caused her hips to sway side to side. Nikoli watched as the men eyed her as she walked over to Bobby’s convertible; she leaned over slightly in order to talk to Bobby through the passenger window. She moved back slightly when the car door opened and his ‘crew’ got out of the car. Bobby walked behind her and kept his eyes forward while the rest of the crew’s gaze remained on the pavement. When they walked inside the place was full of whispers.

When they reached the table and sat down. Bobby spoke first, “Boss, she demanded that we come inside.”

Carolina nodded. When the waiter noticed the arrival of more people they brought more menus as they eyed the five men. They were all tall men with well-trimmed beards, wearing fancy suits and tattoos that were peeking out from under their suits. They were mysterious men, in a small town with a colored girl.

“Gentlemen, what is the one that I cannot tolerate?” Nikoli asked the four men.

“Lies,” they said simultaneously.

Carolina sighed in irritation, “Gentlemen, how rude is Mr. Nikoli Alastor?”

“Ma’am, I’m not quite sure what you mean?” Bobby asked her.

“Well, from the short amount of time I’ve been in the company of Mr. Nikoli Alastor he’s managed to ignore his trusted men as they sat in the car starving. So…my question is how rude is Mr. Nikoli Alastor?”

Bobby cleared his throat, “Ma’am, Mr. Nikoli Alastor has taken care of all of us.”

“That wasn’t an answer to my question. Let me rephrase, how many times have you four waited in the car, while Mr. Nikoli Alastor enjoyed himself?”

“Enjoyed h—?”  

“Well, for instance you were about to watch Mr. Nikoli Alastor and I eat the most delicious burgers in all of Angel Camp. Does he do that often?”

“Umm…”

“What are you trying to prove, my dear Carolina?”

“That you can’t treat people like they’re guard hounds and not people.”

Bobby shifted, “Boss, she doesn’t know?”

“Doesn’t know what?”

Nikoli tightly shook his head as he looked at Bobby, “It’s nothing.”

“Doesn’t sound like nothing.”

It was then that a waitress came up with a pen and a pad of paper. “What can I get for you tonight?”

“We will all have a bacon cheeseburger with large fries and I’ll have a chocolate milkshake as well as the other gentlemen and the lady will have a vanilla milkshake.”

The waitress nodded while she wrote their orders down. “Will that be all?”

“Yes, that’ll be all.” Nikoli stated as he handed her all six menus.

She grabbed them with a smile, “Okay. The wait will be around twenty minutes. Would you like some water?”

“Yes,” Nikoli answered with a slight smile. “That would be great. Thank you.”

“Alright, I’ll be right back with those six waters.”

When she walked away, Carolina turned to look at Nikoli. “What are you keeping from me, Mr. Nikoli Alastor?”

“Nothing, it’s nothing. If it was I would not be discussing it in Sam’s burger place. I happen to like this place and want to create happy memories. I do not want to be reminded of the first argument that I had with you, my beloved Carolina.”

Carolina looked at him with understanding, “Fine, I’ll let it go…for now.”

“Alright, here are your waters.” The waitress said as she placed a glass of water in front of everyone. Carolina noticed that the waitress kept eying Nikoli, who was too busy staring at his watch.

“What’s wrong?” Carolina asked.

 “It’s nothing.” Nikoli answered as the waitress put his water in front of him. “Thank you.” He said as he smiled and then took a gulp of water.

The waitress smiled and then walked back to check on the couple that sat in front of them.

Nikoli felt Carolina’s gaze on him, “What is it?”

“Nothing,” Carolina answered as she fixed her gaze on her glass of water.

“You know, my dear Carolina. My patience is wearing thin, and your one word answers are really starting to upset me.”

“What do you want from?”

“The truth that is all I ask.”

“Well, how do you expect for the truth when you don’t do the same.”

Nikoli rubbed his face in irritation, “I’ve told you the truth, my dear Carolina. I do not wish to talk about our private matter in a public place.”

Carolina ignored him, “I don’t believe we were probably introduced. I’m Carolina Harris.”

“Well, as you know I’m Bobby Hurtle.”

The slender man with long black hair smiled, “I’m Jamie Callister.”

“I’m Morris Teller,” said a deep voice belonging to the man who sat next to Nikoli.

“Timothy Carlton.” Carolina looked at the blonde who sat stiffly next to Morris.

“Well, I look forward to getting to know you four better.”

“Don’t expect much.” Nikoli said drily. “I hope that you will be getting to know me as well.”

Carolina hushed him, “Now, what are your guys favorite movie?”

“Movie?” they asked simultaneously.

“Yes, what is your favorite movie? Nikoli has yet to tell me his.”

“Well, I’m a fan of Beyond the Rocks with Rudolph Valentino and Gloria Swanson.” Jamie answered.

“That’s a really good movie.” Carolina stated.

“Please, it’s a stupid story of a woman who cheats on her husband.” Nikoli stated angrily. Jamie lowered his head as the happiness seeped out of his body.

“Oh, hush Nikoli. What do you have against a movie about love?”

“It’s a movie about a woman cheating on her husband!” Nikoli said in a loud voice that caused some to stare at their table.

Carolina slightly jumped, “Nikoli, what’s your problem? We’re just talking about a movie.”

“Talk about another one,” he said angrily as he took another gulp of water.

“Ma’am,” Bobby said.

“You can call me Carolina, Bobby.”

“Ok…Carolina? I was wondering what you plan on doing.”

“Well, I had planned on getting a job and hopefully getting married.”

“What about school?” Jamie asked innocently.

“Well, I finished school early. I had really good grades and didn’t need to stay for the last month.”

“What are your plans with Nikoli?” Bobby asked.

Carolina looked at Nikoli who sat stiffly next to her, while eying Bobby with a disapproval stare. “I’m not sure. We haven’t talked about it.”

Bobby nodded, “Well, don’t let him keep you bare foot and pregnant once you turn eighteen.”

“Pregnant?” Carolina said. “Nikoli, don’t tell me that you plan on getting me pregnant when I turn eighteen.”

Nikoli sighed, “I was planning on it.”

Carolina laughed, “Well, I don’t know about children. I haven’t had any experience with children.”

“Here we are, with six bacon cheeseburgers, fries, and five chocolate milkshakes with one vanilla.” The waitress said as she placed a tray with food in the middle of the table.

 “Ahh… gentlemen this is what heaven looks like.” Carolina said as she smiled and rubbed her hands together.

When she grabbed her burger and took a bite out of the top half that wasn’t wrapped with wax paper. She moaned as she started chewing causing the entire table to look at her.

“I would prefer if you didn’t make sex noises at the table, that are causing my crew and I to become stiff.”

Carolina stopped chewing and looked at the four men who were all staring at her as their hands were hanging over the tray of food in midair.

“I’m sorry,” she said with her mouth full of food.

Nikoli sighed and grabbed his food, “Gentlemen are you going to eat the food that I’m paying for or are you going to let it go to waste?”

The four of them blinked and grabbed their burgers and fries. “Sorry about that Boss, it caught us off guard.”

Nikoli took a bite out of his burger and nodded. He took a drink of his milkshake before answering, “I know…trust me.”

They ate the rest of the meal in silence and Carolina tried to her best to keep from making any noise. Nikoli noticed how tense she was and put his arm around her and pulled her in close.  “It was an honest mistake. You just happen to be around a four males who can’t keep their heads out of the gutter.”

She nodded, “What’s really next for us, Nikoli?”

 

“Well, I’m going to pay for this food and then we will go say goodbye to your parents. You can still ask me anything that you like.” 

End Notes:

what do you think?

New Characters; 

Bobby 

Jamie Callister

Morris Teller 

Timothy Carlton 

 

Chapter 7 by Beastlover 18
Author's Notes:

Hi! 

Sorry for the late update but the fall semester has arrived and it's quite crazy right now. I will be posting once a week. 

Once again thank you to all those that reviewed! 

Hope you enjoy. 

(Present Day)

“What are you thinking about, my beloved?” Nikoli asked as they walked pass the dead body of the blonde kidnapper.

Carolina smiled, “The first night we met.”

Nikoli stopped walking, “Why are you thinking of such memories?”

“I’m not sure.” Carolina confessed.

“It was quite the disaster.” Nikoli stated as he tightened his arm around her waist pulling her closer to his body and continued walking.

Carolina smiled as she looked up at the starry night. “Ahh, my dear Nikoli. It was quite romantic.”

He rubbed his beard with his left hand and chuckled, “My little liar.” Carolina felt his lips kiss her temple.

“Boss, there is something that needs your attention.”

Carolina looked over at Bobby who held a cellphone in his right hand.

“What is it?”

“News…from Seyurn.”

Nikoli grabbed the phone while he continued to hold Carolina’s waist. “Hello? Yes, she is standing right next to me.”

Carolina looked at Nikoli’s profile and saw serious he became. “What did you say?” Nikoli said as his arm tightened, which caused Carolina discomfort. She placed a gentle hand over his and he loosened his grip.

“What’s wrong?” she asked gently.

Nikoli ignored her as he answered Seyurn. “What don’t you meet us at our place? Yea, We’ll be there in an hour.” He handed the cellphone back to Bobby.

“What’s wrong?” Carolina asked as she wrapped her arm around his stomach.

“We need to get home.”

“Is it that bad?”

“It is my beloved.”

Carolina nodded and they hurried to the car.

“What was Seyurn’s vision about? It must’ve been something bad.”

Nikoli rubbed his cheek, “Just get in the car Carolina.”

Carolina stopped walking. “Nikoli, is it really that bad?”

Nikoli removed his arm from her waist. He rubbed his face with both hands. “It’s our parents.”

Carolina stiffened, “What about them?”

“Well, they are on their never ending quest to kill me and take you.”

“What did he see?” Carolina asked as tears began to form.

“My dear Carolina, I didn’t mean to upset you.” Nikoli wrapped his arms around her.

Carolina began to sob as she felt waves of love coming from him.

“Why do they keep doing this?”

Nikoli rubbed her back trying to comfort her. “They want to protect you, my beloved. All they want to do is burn my body to ashes and take you back.”

Carolina sniffled as she wrapped her arms around him. “They couldn’t know.”

“They couldn’t know that you’ve fallen in love with a monster.”

Carolina pulled her face from his chest to look at him. “You’re not a monster.”

“My dear Carolina, I’m an immortal that can kill thirty men in fifteen minutes. I am by definition a monster.”

“Nikoli, when I stood on my parents doorstep I realized that saying goodbye to my parents was not going to help me transition into my new life but keep me from it.”

Nikoli pulled back a lock of hair that fell in her face. “We need to meet Seyurn, so why don’t you get your cute butt into the car.”

“Nikoli, I truly love you. I thought I made it clear when I left my parents behind, that I was accepting my new life but you honestly believe that it was out of shame.”

Nikoli kissed her forehead, “Enough of this talk.”

“Fine, I’ll let it go for now. But I do plan on showing you just how much I love you.” She told him before she kissed him.

Nikoli’s eyebrows rose in surprise. “Oh? Are you going to do that thing you did last time…with your tongue?”

“Mmm…we’ll see.” She kissed him one more time before she entered the car.

Bobby walked up from behind Nikoli. “Is it really just her parents, boss?” He asked in a whisper in order to keep Carolina from hearing. 

“No, it’s also Kendra.”

“Kendra?! Boss, if its…”

“I know! Bobby, I know but you know she won’t leave town without me.”

“Boss, Kendra will rip Carolina’s spine from her body with her bare hands. You need to get Carolina out of California.”

Nikoli ignored him, “Let’s get going.”

Bobby threw up his arms, “Boss?!”

“We’ll talk about this later Bobby. I promise.”

Nikoli got into the car and put his arm around Carolina’s shoulders. She sighed as she put her head on his shoulder and rested her hand over his heart. “Sleep my beloved. You’ve had a tiring day.”

“Do I have to?”

“Yes, you’re going to need your strength for later on.” He said while kissing her forehead, “We all will.”

Nikoli pulled her closer and stared out the window. When they arrived home, Nikoli kissed Carolina awake. She moaned and smiled when she looked up at him. “Are we home?”

“Yes,” he said as she sat upright and yawned.

He stepped out and turned to hold his hand out in order to help her out, he then wrapped his arm around her as they walked into the house.

 Seyurn was quietly waiting for them by the door. “I’ve been waiting for twenty minutes.”

Carolina jumped while her hand grasped her throat in fright, “My goodness Seyurn, you scared me.”

“Well if the vision is of any truth you’ll be more than scared.”

Carolina lowered her hand, “What do you mean?”

Nikoli cleared his throat. “It’s nothing, my dear Carolina. Seyurn is worried for your safetly as am I. “

Seyurn looked at Nikoli in disbelief. Carolina looked between the two and knew that Nikoli was lying. When he kissed her forehead and pushed her towards the bedroom so that she could rest she didn’t argue, and began obediently walking towards the staircase. While she walked up the stairs she began to wonder what was really going on. She stopped in the middle of the staircase and slowly walked back down. When her right foot touched the last of the stairs Nikoli suddenly moved in front of her, causing her to gasp in shock. “Are you trying to kill me?!”

Nikoli crossed his arms over his chest. “What are you doing? I thought I told you to go to bed?”

“I wanted to get something to drink.”

Nikoli uncrossed his arms and wrapped them around her. “You could’ve used the intercom and I would’ve gotten it for you.”

Carolina sighed as she wrapped her arms around Nikoli and let her hands wander over his muscular back. “I didn’t want to disturb you.”

“My dear Carolina, you could never disturb me.” He kissed her forehead and laid his chin on the top of her head. “I know that you are curious and I will tell you everything.”

“You promise?”

Nikoli pulled back to look into Carolina’s deep brown eyes and gently kissed her. He heard her moan and lowered his hands to her lower back. It was when she started pressing her hips into his that he stopped, “My beloved, we have to stop.”

“No,” she moaned as she gently bit on his lower lip. Nikoli had to suppress his desire while Carolina started kissing her way down to his neck.

“Seyurn can hear us.” Nikoli confessed.

“So,” Carolina said as she continued to kiss his neck and slightly roll her hips causing him to harden. “Let him hear.”

Nikoli sighed and let his head fall back as his beloved continued to assault his neck with love bites. He held the back of her head applying more pressure, and she began to bite hard enough to leave marks.

“Nikoli, will you please control your wife. We have important matters to discuss.”

Nikoli turned and saw a very unpleasant looking Seyurn, he laughed a little due to Carolina who hadn’t stopped her attentions toward him. He pulled Carolina’s hair, forcing her head back and kissed her.

“Why don’t you wait for me in the bedroom?” he told her as she continued to roll her hips.

“No,” she moaned as she pulled him closer to her.

“Yes, my dear Carolina.”

She pouted, “Fine, but I’m starting without you.”

 

Nikoli smiled, “Fine, now take that cute butt of yours to the bedroom.” 

End Notes:

Thanks for reading! 

Next Tuesday with be Nikoli's POV. 

Chapter 8 by Beastlover 18
Author's Notes:

So...I kinda lied. I know I said that I will update next tuesday but I decided to add another chapter. 

“You spoil her way too much.” Seyurn said as he crossed his arms over his chest.

Nikoli laughed and turned to look at his oldest friend. Seyurn had been one of the many boys that were captured during his first raid with his father. When Nikoli’s father learned of his fascination with Seyurn, he decided to give him to Nikoli as a gift, while his father kept the rest of the family. He still remembered looking into, what he believed small eyes, in fascination and wonder. It was pure luck that Seyurn’s father was a Shaman of his small village, and when his father placed them under his protection, they became assets to the Alastor family. When Nikoli was disowned Seyurn’s father encouraged him to follow, saying that his future lied with Nikoli. Seyurn has been a friend and companion for centuries. Nikoli was there during the hard times of Seyurn’s life and when he became a bulmyeol-ui (immortal).

“My old friend, if you had someone like Carolina you would spoil her too.”

“The pussy can’t be that good,” he mumbled.

“My dear friend, you are the only one who could get away with that kind of language when it comes to my Carolina.”

“Yes, I know.”

Nikoli shook his head. “One day, I will rip your throat out.”

Seyurn rolled his eyes, “Will that before or after you get what you need from me?”

Nikoli put his hands in his pockets and sighed. “What have I done to anger you?”

“Your incompetence is what angers me!” Seyurn yelled. “Kendra should’ve been killed before the first World War! Yet here we are centuries later and I’m having a vision of her confronting Carolina!”

Nikoli stepped towards Seyurn. “What do you mean?”

“Oh? That got your attention? Well, my incompetent friend your ex-girlfriend may end up killing your ‘beloved’.”

“What are you talking about Seyurn?”

Nikoli watched Seyurn run his fingers through his hair in frustration. “Kendra, she was your first.”

“I remember,” Nikoli said as he became agitated.

“She was your first fuck up, Nikoli.” Seyurn reminded him as he began pacing back and forth with his hands laced on the back of his neck. Nikoli knew that it must be bad; he had only seen Seyurn pace two times in his entire life which was when he decided his fate and when he experienced his first betrayal. “The first person you turned into a vampire and it didn’t work because she almost took out an entire country to prove her loyalty. She’s bat shit crazy.”

“What does this have to do with Carolina?”

Seyurn stopped pacing, removed his hands from his neck and faced Nikoli. “Did you forget that you told Carolina that she was the only one you’ve ever been with?”

Nikoli rolled his eyes, “Well, not sexually but mentality.”

“You’re an idiot.” Seyurn simply said.

“What? It doesn’t matter.”

“It matters, Nikoli. You bitch and moan when she lies to you but when it comes to your lying she accepts it.”

“What the hell are you talking about Seyurn? How does this help me protect Carolina?”

“Kendra wants you. When she finds out that you’ve found your ‘beloved’ she will come and rip out Carolina’s throat!”

“Keep your damn voice down! Did you forget that Carolina’s upstairs?”

Seyurn shook his head, “This is bad. You need to tell Carolina and not after you get a piece of ass because I know you.”

Nikoli lowered his gaze to the ground. “She doesn’t need to know.”

“Nikoli! Do you hear yourself?! You’re considering letting Carolina be completely oblivious to what’s going on…just so you can get a piece of ass.”

“She’s not some piece of ass,” Nikoli said as he began getting angrier at Seyurn.

“Are you sure? You’re treating Carolina as if she’s some common whore.”

Nikoli grabbed Seyurn’s throat, “Don’t think for one second that I will not kill you. I think that Carolina shouldn’t be alarmed with the news of a past fuck. Kendra will not lay one finger on my beloved Carolina and you will keep your mouth shut. Carolina will not find out about Kendra.”

“Too late.”

Nikoli dropped Seyurn who fell to the ground gasping for air. “How long have you been standing there?”

“I can’t believe that I was dumb enough to believe that I was your first.” Carolina laughed.

“Stop it,” Nikoli warned.

“What else have you been keeping from me?  Do you really love me or do you really see me as a piece of—”

 “Enough!” Nikoli yelled as he turned to face her. His heart clenched as he took in her small nightgown that showed off her curves. “Go to the bedroom and wait for me.”

“NO! I’m tired of you keep things from me. What else have you been keeping from me?”

“I haven’t been keeping anything from you.”

“Who is Kendra?”

“Who is Kendra?” Nikoli repeated. He watched as Carolina stood in his favorite night gown but instead of the seductive smile she wore it was replaced with a deep frown. “I don’t know who Kendra is.”

He watched as she walked past him and helped Seyurn off of the ground. She placed her hands on his cheeks, “Do you need some water?”

“Yes, please.” Seyurn softly answered.

Nikoli eyed Carolina’s movements and knew that she was beyond angry. In the past few decades he started to pick up on Carolina’s moods. “Seyurn can get his own water.” 

Carolina faced his so suddenly that it startled him, “Don’t you dare! Nikoli, you need to stop this! Don’t take your anger out on Seyurn because you got caught in a lie.”

“What lie? I didn’t lie.”

“Nikoli, what if I lied about being a virgin?”

“But you were.”

“How would you know?”

“I know! I smelled blood and saw it the next morning!”

“I could’ve just pricked my finger and then smeared some on the sheet once you fell asleep.”

Nikoli felt his body start to lose control, “You wouldn’t dare. You were a virgin when I took you.”

“Was I really, Nikoli?”

For the first time in decades, Nikoli felt his control slip. One minute he was standing in front of Carolina and the next Carolina’s back was against the wall. He felt his eyes burn, a sign that they had changed red, and tightened his hand around Carolina’s throat.

“Nikoli, you’re hurting her.” Seyurn stated.

Carolina slid to the ground coughing violently and trying to gasp for air at the same time. Nikoli couldn’t look at her and continued staring at the white wall. “I don’t think it’s best for you to stay here.”

“Neither do I.” she said while rubbing her throat.

 

 

 

End Notes:

Seyurn 

Carolina's night gown 

Chapter 9 by Beastlover 18
Author's Notes:

Hello! 

I did promise a new update. I am very disappointed with this update because it is very short. I do promise a longer chapter on either this upcoming Friday or Saturday. I promise. 

“Did you really have to choke her?”

“Yes, she wouldn’t have left if I hadn't and if what you say is true then she needs to be far away.” Nikoli answered as he stood next to Seyurn as they waited at the end of the staircase for Carolina.

“I still don’t like it. By the way how did you know she was listening to us?”

“I didn’t at first but once Kendra was mentioned I heard the change in her heartbeat.”

“Why did you have to choke her Nikoli? That’s not like you.”

Nikoli crossed his arms over his chest and leaned against the wall. “I can’t afford to lose her and right now she won’t talk to me but at least she’ll be safe…We stick to the plan.”

“What plan?”

They both looked at Carolina, who had a giant suitcase in front of her. Seyurn smiled slightly. “The plan is to keep you safe.”

Carolina’s face turned expressionless and her eyes became glassy. “Carolina?”

Nikoli watched in horror as Carolina’s eyes rolled in the back of her head and fainted. He rushed up the stairs and caught her before she hit the ground, “Carolina!”

“Yelling at her isn’t going to help.” Seyurn said as he got on his knees beside him.

“What’s going on?”

“I’m not sure.”

Nikoli looked at Seyurn, “What do you mean you don’t know? You know everything.” He felt Carolina’s body begin to uncontrollably shake. “Seyurn, you need to do something or I will kill you.”

Seyurn closed his eyes and placed his hands beside Carolina’s temples and began chanting. Nikoli watched helplessly as Carolina’s body slowly began to calm. “Nikoli, you really are an idiot.”

“What are you talking about?” He questioned as he pushed back the lock of hair that fell onto Carolina’s face.

Seyurn removed his hands from Carolina’s temple and placed them on his thighs.

“What the hell did I do now?”

Seyurn rose and began pacing with his hands placed on hips while Nikoli continued holding Carolina’s hand. “Well, did you ever tell her ancestors that you would protect her?”

“Yes, I promised her ancestors that I would always bring her happiness.”

“Okay. This is bad.”

“What?”

“Well, she’s not happy.”

Nikoli grabbed Carolina and swung her over his left shoulder. “She’s angry but I know she’ll get over it.” He responded as he turned to walk up the rest of the stairs that led to their room.

“Well…it is possible that her ancestors won’t.”

Nikoli stopped in his tracks. “What the hell do you mean?”

“Why don’t you put Carolina to bed.”

 

Nikoli nodded and walked towards their room. Once he reached the bedroom he sighed. He placed his hands on Carolina's back and placed her gently on the bed. While placing his hands on his hips, he watched Carolina’s chest rise with each breath. His current mindset was to get Carolina far away from Manteca, California and into New Orleans. Dread filled his entire body and he sat down next to Carolina. He placed his face in his hands and tried to contemplate his next move. 

End Notes:

What do you think? 

Once again I'm really sorry for the short chapter. 

Chapter 10 by Beastlover 18
Author's Notes:

Hello! 

I will post up another chapter on Friday! 

Enjoy. 

“It’s powerful, Nikoli. When you talked to her ancestors there was one of them that didn’t trust you.” Nikoli didn’t look at Seyurn as he entered the room. “The blood tie that linked you and Carolina, her ancestors created a loop hole.”

The news caused Nikoli to nod, “Well that makes sense. I always wondered why she would get intense headaches every time we got into an argument.”

Seyurn looked at Nikoli with a deadly expression. “You’ve been letting her get headaches?”

Nikoli shrugged, “I didn’t know it was a big deal!”

Seyurn rubbed his eyes in irritation. “Nikoli, I don’t know how you survived this long.”

“What do you mean?”

“Headaches are not common among vampires. Vampires as well as immortals are immune to many human things.”

“So…headaches are a bad thing?” Nikoli questioned.

“Yes! Good lord, you’re an idiot.”

Nikoli was about to respond but felt Carolina shift. He placed his hands on her hip in order to calm her. She sighed and rolled on her back. It forced Nikoli to lean on his left forearm while he pushed her hair out of her face. He stared at her peaceful face in fascination and realized that her cheeks were flushed. Nikoli sighed as he continued watching here, “What do we do?”

“Well, if you want to spend the rest of your life with her then I suggest that you keep your promise and continue making her happy.”

“That’s going to be extremely difficult,” He said as he sat upright and put his hands between his spread legs. “Given the fact that she fainted suggest that she is really angry at me. So that means…”

“She wants to stay with you.” Seyurn finished.

“This is going to be extremely difficult.”

Nikoli sat there trying to figure out a way that would keep both parties happy but came up with none. “If she stays, Kendra will kill her.”

“Then what do you suggest?”

“I don’t know! That’s what you’re here for! You’re my planning guy you always have a plan.”

Seyurn scoffed, “Wow, you are extremely lazy. I can’t go fixing all your problems. It’s sad that you’re centuries older than I am and yet you still won’t deal with your problems!”

“Mmm…please stop with the shouting.” Carolina pleaded in a small voice as she rubbed her temple.

“My poor Carolina, I’m deeply sorry that we interrupted your sleep.” Seyurn said with an extreme serious expression.

“She’s my Carolina.” Nikoli whined.

“Not if you keep that up.” Carolina said as she sat upright. “What happened?”

“Well, whatever Nikoli pisses you off your ancestors will get back at him by shutting down your body so that you don’t have to talk to him.”

Carolina’s eyes widened, “That’s extreme.”

“Very extreme,” Seyurn added.

“Why would they completely shut down my body? What if I get angry at him when I’m in danger?”

“I doubt they would put you in such a dilemma. I honestly can’t pin point the trigger.”

“So…my ancestors did that because…?”

“We’re not exactly sure why they would create such an intense punishment for Nikoli.”

Carolina turned her attention to Nikoli who remained seated as if ignoring her. She placed a hand on his back and noticed him tensing at her touch. “What’s wrong?”

“She’s here.”

“Whose here?” Carolina questioned as Seyurn cursed.

“Nikoli, listen. We have to keep her in the dark. Carolina is going to pose as my wife that you have under your protection.”

They both looked at Nikoli who remained tense. Carolina looked down to see that his knuckles had turned white. “Nikoli?”

“No, Carolina will just stay upstairs.”

“Nikoli, you know that she will sense her. It’s better to play this off with Carolina posing as my wife.”

Nikoli turned his gaze to Seyurn. He felt his eyes turn red with anger. “Over my dead body.”

“If you keep acting like this Carolina will be the dead body.”

The statement caused him to pause. The possible outcome of Kendra’s visit was simle if there was any hint of attraction between Carolina and himself Kendra would rip out Carolina’s throat. If she did think that Carolina belonged to Seyurn, Carolina would be ignored and treated as the help. The fact that Carolina would be treated as if she were gum on Kendra’s shoes infuriated him more. The doorbell rang bringing him back into the present. All three of them stood there looking at the doorway half expecting Kendra to show. Seyurn looked back at him and began walking down the stairs. Nikoli felt Carolina get off the bed and watched her following Seyurn. He lowered his head into his oversized hands. He could hear the muffled voice of Seyurn and Nikoli rose up his head while standing up and began walking down the stairs. Once he turned the corner he heard Kendra call Carolina a servant but it wasn’t the comment that angered him it was Seyurn, who had an arm wrapped around Carolina’s waist.

“I’m sorry but I have no idea who you are and I don’t want my husband letting you in and I doubt Master Nikoli will like your presence in his house.”

Pride filled Nikoli unexpectedly. Watching his woman trying to put Kendra in her place warmed him but it took every ounce of will power rid his face from any emotion. “Kendra, what in the hell are doing here?”

“Let me in, Nikoli.”

“Why should I? I haven’t seen you in five hundred years and frankly I've enjoyed the solitude.”

“Nikoli, let’s be reasonable. I don’t want to kill your beloved but I will.”

Nikoli sighed. “Fine, I’ll meet you outside.”

Kendra placed her hands on the door frame, “That’s not good enough! I want to be invited in.”

“That decision is left to Seyurn.”

She turned her gaze to Seyurn. “Little Asian Man, I would greatly appreciate it if you let me in.”

Seyurn smiled, “The Master recommended meeting you outside. That’s where you will meet.”

Kendra rolled her eyes in disgust. “I don’t know what Suyun saw in you.”

Nikoli watched as his closest friend tensed with anger, “What does Suyun have to do with anything?”

“She’s turned into quite the apprentice.” Kendra taunted.

Nikoli sighed, “Good lord, when did you turn into such a bitch? I thought I taught you better than that?”

Kendra turned her deadly gaze to Nikoli, “Nikoli, I don’t remember much from those days that didn’t involve a bed.”

Nikoli sighed, “Kendra, stop please. When I think of the past events that included you it’s nothing but a blur.”

Kendra’s smile slowly disappeared after Nikoli’s revelation.

“You loved me, Nikoli.”

“What do you mean?”

“I know you loved me! If you would’ve let go of that mysterious woman, you would’ve been happy!”

Nikoli sighed and leaned against the wall as he crossed his arms over his chest. “What a pitiful site.”

Kendra bared her fangs and hissed. “You would’ve been happy!”

“Kendra, I wouldn’t have loved you. You were just a selfish bitch that my dick enjoyed every once in a while.”

“I won’t let anyone one else have you, Nikoli.”

Nikoli laughed, “Kendra, did you forget that I can kill you will a flick of my wrist?”

Kendra paled, “I will kill your mysterious woman.”

Nikoli pushed himself from the wall and walked over to Kendra with arms still crossed over his chest, creating a monstrous look. “If I find out that you killed anyone here and there will be hell to pay.”

Kendra cringed due to the monstrous look of Nikoli and he took satisfaction in her appearance. “I won’t, but I will kill your mysterious woman.”

 

 

End Notes:

What do you think?

 

Kendra 

Suyun

Chapter 11 by Beastlover 18
Author's Notes:

Hello! I hope you enjoy the update! 

 

 

Nikoli smiled. “No, you won’t. Kendra, you seem to be under the impression that I answer to you.”

“You do,” she said confidentially.

“Kendra, I would like to remind you that my patience is wearing thin. You do not order, make threats or even make decisions that involve me. I will kill you and I will forget the deal we made more than four hundred years ago.”

Carolina watched as Kendra paled at Nikoli’s words. She looked at Seyurn with a curious look on her face, when he noticed her looking at him he simply shrugged.

“Now, get off my porch. I believe our conversation is over.” Nikoli said as he turned and started walking away from the door.

“You’ll regret this,” she threated.

Carolina noticed Nikoli stop in his tracks and turned his head slightly showing his profile before turning to face Kendra. In less than a second, Nikoli had Kendra by the throat lifting her off of the ground.

“DON’T EVER THREATEN ME!” He shouted at her while she tried removing his hand. “I don’t understand why you think I will put up with your childish antics but I won’t.”

Carolina watched as Nikoli let Kendra go abruptly. Kendra lay on the porch gasping for breath while Nikoli tried to calm his breathing. Carolina stood there helplessly as Nikoli contemplated killing Kendra; it was then that she knew that whatever Kendra was holding over Nikoli’s head was major in order for Nikoli to think twice about killing her.

“I will tell you this one last time…you need to leave Kendra.” Nikoli told her as he walked inside the house and closed the door.

Once the door was closed he leaned against it and looked at Carolina, who stood beside Seyurn. He leaned his head down before he left to walk up the stairs. Carolina looked at him as he walked up the stairs.

“Go to him,” Seyurn said.

Carolina looked at him, and he nodded. She smiled slightly while she patted his shoulder gently. While walking up the stairs she started trying to figure out what had happened earlier. When she reached the top of the staircase she closed her eyes in order to feel where he was at. Opening her eyes she began to walk to the small door on her left that led to the attic which Nikoli turned into a mini library. She pushed the door open and walked down the hallway while ignoring the breath-taking Salvador Dali painting that covered the entire left wall. When she reached the end of the hallway she leaned against the hallway wall and crossed her arms under her breast.

“What does Kendra have on you?”

She asked him as he sat on the leather couch that was facing the small cast iron wood stove that was installed after she had moved in with him. When he didn’t response she sighed heavily and she pushed herself off of the wall and walked around. She brushed her hands against the bindings of several books that were placed upright on top notch mahogany selves that Nikoli had imported from Italy.

“Nikoli, are you going to answer me?”

Nikoli sighed, “Do you really want to know?

Carolina turned to face his back. “Nikoli, I have recently learned that you’ve kept me in the dark for years about Kendra.”

“Fine, but I need you.”

Carolina walked over to him and he looked up at her as she placed her hand on his cheek. He closed his eyes and leaned into her touch. “Do you want me to sit?”

He nodded while his eyes remained closed.

Carolina sat down on his right while her hand remained on his left cheek. “What happened?” She asked him as she placed her free hand on his thigh. Nikoli placed his hand over hers and turned his face to kiss the inside of her palm. When he leaned back and pulled her body against his he sighed in contempt, with her chest against his stomach and her head on his chest caused his body to become peaceful. “She has a blood link with Suyun.”

Carolina raised her head, “What? How did that happen?”

 Nikoli ran his hands through her hair before answering. “Kendra used me.”

“What do you mean?”

“When I told her that our relationship couldn’t continue she went crazy. Afterwards she started trying to find a way to keep me and it led her to dark magic.”

“Who practiced dark magic?”

“I’d rather not say. When Kendra talked to him into finding out my weakness he told her it was Seyurn, who is my trusted companion and at that time he was going to settle down with a servant girl from another house.”

Carolina placed her folded hands on Nikoli’s chest and placed her chin on top. “Wait, you drove this girl into insanity? Nikoli you aren’t that great in bed.”

Nikoli chuckled, “My beloved Carolina, this isn’t a laughing matter. Due to my lack of sensitivity it cost Seyurn his happiness.”

“Is that why you haven’t snapped Kendra’s neck?”

Nikoli nodded. “If I kill her Suyun will die with her.”

“What if someone killed Suyun? Wouldn’t that kill Kendra?”

“No, that’s not the way the blood link works it is normally used in order to kill a stronger opponent. Kendra knew that I would be angry that she turned Suyun but when she told me about the blood link it made her untouchable. I’m not sure if Seyurn still loves her but I do know that there was a possibility of him having a happy life is what makes me leave Kendra alive. It’s a stupid reason but if I could find someone that could reverse the spell it would free Suyun.”

“Nikoli, it isn’t your fault. I know that it may seem like it but I know that Seyurn was hurting but I know that he will forgive you.”

“What are you talking about?”

“I know that you haven’t told Seyurn the truth. I bet he thinks that Suyun left him in order to live her life as a vampire.”

Nikoli wrapped both of his arms around her, “I can’t lose him. If I lost either him or you…I don’t know what I would do.”

“That doesn’t sound like the Notorious Killer Nikoli. From what I heard he has no heart and doesn’t even hesitate about killing.”

Nikoli smiled. “I do have a heart.”

Carolina’s eyes rose in surprise. “Are you sure?”

“Yes, in fact my heart has a name.” When Carolina’s eyebrows lowered in confusion and Nikoli kissed her forehead. “Carolina, that’s my heart’s name.”

Carolina laughed. “You’re silly.”

“It’s true. I know that each of my trusted companions hold a special place in your heart and I have no heart.”

“If you have no heart…how can you feel love towards me?”

Nikoli’s face scrunched in confusion. “I realize how contradicting that sounds.”

Carolina smiled as she pushed herself up and kissed Nikoli’s lips. “Yes, I know…but I still love you anyway.”

“I’m sorry for never telling you about Kendra.” He told her as she placed her head in the curve of his neck and he wrapped his arms around her once again.

“It’s okay. I know you have your reasons.”

Sighing, he placed his lips onto her forehead, “I just want to protect you.”

“So by leaving me in the dark about your past it was your way of protecting me from a crazy ex?”

“Why do you have to make it sound so bad?”

Carolina giggled as she began to unbutton his dress shirt. “It is bad. What kind of man leaves his woman blind to his crazy ex? That’s the first thing you should’ve told me!”

Nikoli laughed loudly, “That would’ve delayed our growing affection towards each other.”

When Carolina placed her hand on his bare chest she sighed, “You’re a dog. You didn’t tell me about your ex because you wanted to get laid?”

Nikoli closed his eyes, “No. I didn’t want for her take anything else away from me.”

Carolina looked up at Nikoli as he looked down at her. “What’s going on with this library?”

“I’m going to refurnish it.”

Carolina rolled her eyes. “Nikoli this will be the fifth time!”

“No,” Nikoli stated as he scoffed.

Carolina pushed herself up from Nikoli’s body. “What is wrong with you?”

“What? I take pride in my library like I do my woman.”

“What are you talking about?”

“I noticed the way you stood up to Kendra. It was cute watching my girl get all feisty.”

Carolina smiled as Nikoli moved up in order to kiss her neck. “You’re ridiculous.”

Nikoli began to kiss his way down to her chest. “You smell so delicious.”

“Nikoli?”

“Mmm?”

“You know that you have to tell Seyurn the truth.”

Nikoli stopped kissing Carolina’s chest. “Why?”

Carolina got up from the couch and walked over to the window that was beside the cast iron stove. “You can’t keep the both of us in the dark.”

 

Nikoli rubbed his thighs. “Fine, I’ll tell him.” 

End Notes:

What do you think?

 

Also, I won't be able to update Adonis until Saturday. Sorry! 


Chapter 12 by Beastlover 18
Author's Notes:

I've decided to update this story but it might take a little longer for the next chapter since there have been request for my other stories. 

 

Thank you for all the reveiws. 

 

Sorry for the short chapter. 

 

Nikoli looked at Carolina as she continued to look at him with her arms still crossed resting under her breasts. When she motioned her head towards the door it caused shock to radiate his body. “Surely, you don’t mean right now?”

“Yes, the sooner the better.”

Nikoli laughed, “You are crazy. There is no way that I’m telling him right now. I’m not going to tell him until the 21st Century is over.”

“What’s wrong with you?”

“What do you mean?” Nikoli asked as he continued to sit on the couch with his right arm spread out on the back of the couch.

“Nikoli, it’s not right.”

Nikoli sighed as he realized that he was going to do something that he hadn’t done in years. He removed himself from the couch and put his hands in his pockets and began walking to Carolina with his gaze to the ground. When he was done preparing himself for what he was about to do he looked up at her gorgeous brown eyes and spoke the words that he knew would bring anger.

“Carolina, I don’t take well to people ordering me around. You want me to tell Seyurn about Suyun and I will but when I find the time to be beneficial. I don’t care if you don’t like it but that’s the way I do things.”

He watched as her confidence began to crumble at the thought of her being wrong about him. “I know you—”

“You think you know me. Let’s not forget, my dear Carolina. I’m a monster and you can’t control me because I won’t let you.”

“Don’t talk to me like that.” She told him as she dropped her arms to her sides. Nikoli could tell that she was holding onto her emotions by a thread. It was the worst thing that he could possibly do to her but it was necessary.

“How am I talking to you?”

“I’m your wife! You don’t get to talk to me as if I’m nothing.”

Nikoli removed his hands from his pockets and gently cupped Carolina’s face in his palms. “Carolina, you do not hold any power over me. I’ve spoiled you and that must be rectified immediately.”  

Nikoli kissed her and put his hands back into his pockets. After looking at her tear filled eyes he shut off all emotion and walked out of the library leaving her alone. When he walked out into the living room the group was there waiting for him.

He looked at each of them in the eye as he began to feel regret for the words that were going to come out of his mouth. “Carolina is in the library. I want you to grab her and take her to the basement.”

The group looked at each other in horror. It was Bobby that spoke first, “Are you positive? Once we put her in there…”

“I know,” Nikoli said with a sigh. “Do it.”

Bobby nodded once before he walked over to the library with the group following. Nikoli stood there as Carolina’s screams started to fill the house and it took everything in him to stay where he was. He watched as she tried to fight off the group with every ounce of power she possessed. Her tears were running down her face as she pleaded with him but he ignored her as he watched the group drag her away from the living room making their way towards the basement. Nikoli clenched his teeth as he heard her screams through the house.

It was the right thing to do.

“What are you doing, Nikoli?”

“I’m doing what is right, Seyurn.”

“You can’t put her in the basement.”

Nikoli turned to face his closest friend. “Seyurn, if you keep talking you’ll find yourself down there with her. So, I suggest that you keep your mouth shut.”

Without another word he walked away from the love of his life as well as his friend. He didn’t know when he made it up to his room or when he laid down on his bed that he shared with Carolina but he realized that he was there when something felt something sharp at the base of his back. He reached under his body and grabbed the item when it came into view he placed it immediately. It was Carolina’s hair pin that he had bought her for their fifth year anniversary; he brushed his thumb over the pearls that were laced in diamonds. The image of the pin her hair brought a rush of longing that caused him to feel enraged. He clenched the pin in his hand and raised his hand in order to throw it at the wall but refrained from it. Instead, he placed the pin next to him before lying back down on the bed.

While staring at the ceiling without a thought inside his head, Nikoli didn’t even realize that Bobby has entered the room.

“Sir, may I speak freely?”

“You may,” he answered without removing his gaze from the ceiling.

“Why did you decide to place Carolina in the basement?”

“Bobby, have you ever found someone that you love so much that you would protect them at all cost even if it brought your downfall?”

“I have not,” Bobby answered.

“Carolina is trying to bring out the good in me.”

Bobby’s eyebrows lowered in confusion, “I thought that was a good thing?”

Nikoli sighed as he sat upright on the bed. “It isn’t if you’re going to be dealing with what lies ahead.”

“What lies ahead?”

“My enemies,” Nikoli revealed. “They are out for blood. So, if I want to defeat them…I need for my conscience to be out of the equation.”

“Sir, the basement is very traumatizing for her.”

“I know,” Nikoli told him as he got off the bed and walked over to the window. “She’s scared to death of the dark.”

Nikoli turned to face Bobby who looked at him with intense judgment within his gaze. Deciding to turn his attention to the furniture that surrounded his bedroom but it instantly brought back the memories of Carolina, which angered him.

“Would you like to take another room?” Bobby asked as he sensed the anger that was simmering within Nikoli.

“Yes,” he said quickly.

 

Bobby bowed slightly before walking out of the room. Nikoli looked around the room in a daze. The fact that he was alone with his thoughts angered him more than he cared to admit. Without realizing it, Nikoli had tossed is humanity within the basement but it was necessary if he wanted to win against the battle that their family was preparing.  

End Notes:

What do you think?

 

Carolina's Hair Pin 

This story archived at https://www.valentchamber.com/viewstory.php?sid=2658