Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Daniel and Niamh meet




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

 

         Two Weeks Later

 

         "Matt you better have some money stashed in your ass crack, I'm not paying this time." Niamh pinched Matthew in his arm as they placed their order for breakfast in the bustling restaurant.  He always tended to bring them to the most expensive places in town even with Niamh's constant complaining about her dusty wallet because of their outings. Growing up with Saslow money, Matt naturally went where he pleased without worrying about how damaging a place could be to his bank account.    Many would think him a spoiled child, but he never presented himself as being as elite as his family tree showed.

 

     That was the only way she was able to hang out with. His lack of a pompous personality helped them mesh and become such good friends over time. She took a look around the large place, seeing people dressed to the nines at 9 am. Women in pencil skirts and stilettos were at every table donning sunglasses inside while they ate.

 

     "Where do you get the money for places like this Mister Bartender?" She asked him looking over her shoulder. He flicked her between her eyes as he walked past her to their table with their number.

 

    "Sugar Mamas."

 

    "Nope. New answer that one is overused."

 

   Matthew laughed knowing that he couldn't dodge the questions for too long from her.

 

    " Most people would've picked up on my last name by now." He smiled at her as he pulled out a chair for her.

 

     "You want to help a sister out?" She raised her eyebrows asking him.

 

      "Come on. Saslow. Old money. For days." Niamh's memory was sparked.

 

        "Like Daniel Saslow? Is he like your uncle?"

 

     "Papa bear."

 

    "How?! From what I heard, you should be the spawn of Satan."

 

   "Satan? I have heard worse." He chuckled.

 

    "What's the deal with him, huh? I've been told to avoid him at all costs, will I turn into stone if I look at him?" Niamh leaned forward on her arms getting closer to Matthew. He looked around jokingly, making sure no one was "listening."

 

     "I heard if you do the wrong thing....you'll be put into the stone of one of his buildings." Matthew almost always let people think what they wanted of his father, even going along with the ride by pulling their legs.

 

     "Like a wall of Saslow?"

 

     "Darla always called it an American Catacombs."

 

     "Who's Darla?" Niamh asked tilting her head to the side wondering if she would be the same Darla she met weeks ago in Blaise's house.

 

    A waiter walked to them, bringing their coffee. They said their thanks as he walked away and they both picked up their mugs taking slow sips of the hot drinks.

 

     "My big sister." He said casually. Niamh burnt her tongue on her cup. Some coffee dribbled out the sides of her mouth and she reached for her napkin, unwrapping it from her utensils and cleaning herself up.

 

       " I've met her." She exclaimed.

 

     "What? First you're my friend. Then you know about my dad and suddenly you hang with my sister. What is you plan Niamh?" He yelled.

 

    "Shh!  Through Blaise. Actually I know of both of them through him."

 

     " Damn, you two are actually a "thing." Matt said slouching back in his seat." I know he and Darla have had a few things, but I don't even see him around anymore. Do you have him held up somewhere?"

 

      "Oh no, it's not like I'm his "woman" I don't even take up that much of his time."

 

      "At least during the day I'm guessing?" Niamh balled up her cloth napkin and threw it at him. The waiter returned with their plates, placing them in front of Matthew and Niamh and left them to enjoy their food.

 

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

 

     "Well men, it's nice to have some get togethers just for the hell of it don't you think?" Daniel asked as he and his party walked towards the stairs leading down to the bottom floor of the restaurant. Blaise tailed behind his father and Daniel as they talked ahead of him.

 

     "You're becoming an old man don't you think Dan?" Joseph laughed patting him on his back.

 

     "Let's not speak of being old. My hair is the same as twenty years ago. Give or take a few strands."

 

    Blaise tuned out the rest of their conversation as he stood at the top of the stairs looking over Matthew and Niamh eating. She grabbed his arm in friendly conversation, throwing her head back to laugh openly. Matt seemed to be drinking up the attention, making Blaise parched for it. They were the loudest couple in the restaurant, and couldn't care less.

 

      "Well I'll be damned." Joseph said spotting them as well. Blaise pushed past the two other men and flew down the steps to get to them. He felt joy at meeting her unexpectedly, but also jealousy fueled his feet.

 

     " Shit B, why are you walking up on us like that?" Matthew jumped framing his face with his fists like he was ready to battle.

 

      " Well good morning beautiful." Niamh turned in her chair and smiled at him.

 

    Blaise leaned down and hugged her tightly, actually relieved to see her. He noticed the way she awkwardly sat limp, only to rub her palm against his back a couple of times. He kissed her on her nose, and he could visibly see her embarrassment on her face as her cheeks lit up.

 

     "Why didn't you say anything about coming over this way? I would have gladly met you.." He nearly cooed forgetting that there were others around.

 

     " I've been on a three day binge with you Blaise. I wouldn't be surprised if I fainted from how worn out I am." She said for only his ears. She was telling the truth. Blaise worked her body all over his home whenever he got the chance to, but not only that. There were some days where he simply wanted the "cute" things in a relationship with her, sneaking in an unintended cuddling session or dissecting of each other's minds. He was going to get his chance at getting a taste of every part of her and for now he loved what he was given, and couldn't wait for her to want the same from him.

 

     "Niamh dear?" Niamh looked past Blaise, seeing Joseph and immediately her smile widened. She stood up, pushing Blaise aside as she reached out her hand to the older Kincaid. Instead, he dismissed her hand and pulled her in for a warm hug.

 

    What is up with these touchy people? She thought to herself.

      "How are you Joey?" She had gotten around to using a nickname for him that seemed to spring from the back of her mind.

 

     "Joey is it?" Blaise questioned raising his eyebrow.

 

    " Well son, I could ask a similar question concerning your greeting." Joseph challenged with a smile. Seeing them embrace each other took him back to years lost, filling his heart with contentment.

 

       " Oh hey Matthew, how are you?" Matt spoke up sardonically as he had been pushed to the side.

 

      " Of course I couldn't walk past you without having to hear your mess."Joseph said as he released  Niamh and went to shake Matthew's hand. The tall dark man coming in behind the two Kincaid's weakened Niamh's smile. His face was stern and sharp, eyes brought together by a wrinkle in his forehead. He stalked towards her alone, hands in his pockets as he glared into her face.

 

     "Niamh." He said her name fervidly.

 

       "E..excuse me?" She stumbled back slightly feeling intimidated for the first in a long time by another person.She bumped into Blaise's chest, his hands flying up to turn her around to him.

 

     " Were you on your way? I can walk you out." He suggested wanting to get her away from Daniel's dip in mood upon seeing her. He had no idea why he said her name like a foe that has just came from a hiatus.

 

     " Dad, are you going to eat her?" Matthew asked watching how his father's eyes blazed looking at Niamh. He wasn't the least disturbed by his father's obvious ignoring of him, but he was disturbed by the snarl forming  because of Niamh. Daniel's eyes darted to his son finally acknowledging him silently.

 

   " Your name is Niamh, girl?" Daniel asked ripping her from Blaise as he spun her around to face him. No one but Daniel noticed the familiar darkness that took over her eyes  at his abrupt action. He knew it to be his very own.

 

    "It would do you well to get your hands off of me." Niamh calmly kept her cool.

 

   Daniel stared at her, not saying a word.

 

    " Let go of the young woman Daniel." Joseph chided. Looking between Joseph and Niamh, Daniel scoffed as he dropped her arm and wiped his hand on his pants. Niamh's mouth flew open at the gesture.

 

      "I knew it was about time I looked elsewhere..." He laughed shaking his head. Joseph's jaw clenched knowing what his words had meant. He looked to Blaise who wouldn't meet his eyes.

 

     "We didn't mean to interrupt your breakfast kids-"

 

       "Matthew, I hope she isn't one of your little playthings." Daniel smirked to his confused son.

 

      " I don't know who you are sir, but don't think you have the right to talk about me standing right here." Niamh crossed her arms over her chest."This is your dad Matthew?"She asked not minding his presence.

 

   " I sure am his dad of course you would know that." Daniel thought he already knew Niamh's plan, but had no idea that it was nonexistent.

 

      "What are you saying?" She spit out.

 

       " Niamh, I'm out okay? Can you catch a ride with these two?" Matthew stood up from the seat taking his credit card from the billfold as he tried to round up his dad to leave." Come on Dad." He said shuffling him towards the exit.

 

     " I always felt you left some unfinished business. That's okay though, I think I can pick up where we left off at." Daniel's words blew out of the room along with him. Blaise looked to Joseph mouthing a ‘what?' to him. Joseph turned his attention to Niamh, bringing a tight smile to his lips.

 

    " I think I see what you meant Blaise." Niamh said.

 

     "That's not even half of it." He replied rolling his eyes.

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.