Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Errors and all.....Here you go

 

I do want to note that in my second part of their story, I will have Blaise much more developed along with other characters also.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

  Blaise walked into the conference room filled with men who showed assiduousness to their cause. As always, silence met his ears upon stopping in front of them all. Like street lights, sinister smiles flickered one by one as he gazed upon each face. Blaise knew that he only interested them for his stand in his father's company. He was next in ownership to all of their dismay. He had come across documents years ago allotting nearly the majority of Joseph's estate to Blaise. Should his father throw his hands up in surrender, everything would fall upon his son.  Reluctance kept Blaise from verbally addressing the new discovery. The look of pure rage masking Daniel's face had set off every alarm in Blaise's mind. He knew that that was the look of destruction, and for the first time in his life it had been directed towards him. Even if it was for but a jiffy, Blaise made sure to not kid himself with Daniel's return to his nonchalant condescending attitude that gave him an odd relief to see usually.

 

        Now it only reminded him of the loose cannon Daniel would be from now on.

 

         Clearing his throat, Blaise removed his hands from his pockets, and walked his way around to his seat near the head of the table.

 

        "Now that everyone is settled..." Daniel said mockingly, watching Blaise's every move as he sat in the chair beside him. Blaise's jaw set when a folder came flying across the table sending the papers in it askew. " I do believe that some of us have a great amount of explaining to do. For years, I'm not sure how this was missed by me. Go on young Kincaid, why don't you read what's in that there folder for all of us? You know, so that everyone is clear and stands on common ground here. Please."  The large vein in Daniel's forehead throbbed as he bit back the seething curses he wanted so badly to release. He wasn't known to lose his cool in front of others, but this here was testing him.

 

     He had done the much needed checks on the employees Joseph had hired without his consent. While doing his background on Niamh, he had come across hidden files. They were the originals of the replicas Joseph had managed to fool Daniel with for years. He had charged into the building's data center, ready to rip through file cabinets and computer files to see what else Joseph kept from him.

 

     The systems accepted none of the passwords that Daniel had entered. He ran through every possible list of ways to enter the systems and came up empty handed. Joseph had been nowhere in sight, unreachable by any means. He wasn't sure what kind of sabotaging the other man had planned. When Daniel stood ready to leave, he found the young janitor in the room with him.

 

     If he weren't good with remembering faces, he never would have known seeing as he the janitor did not look the part in his jeans and jacket. Every suspicion Daniel had of him only strengthened upon seeing Justin there.

 

      " I'm so glad we happened to meet again. Especially this way." Tucking away a folder to his side, Daniel walked threateningly towards the other man with his face set in stone staring down the predator.

 

     " Just doing my last check of the day, Mr. Saslow." Justin's eyes drifted to the item Daniel held, and his eyes followed.

 

      " Checking for what exactly?" Lifting the folder, he waved it." For this? You don't seem dressed for the occasion for making sure that all of the trashbins are emptied."The room they stood in was void of light except for the small flickering lights of the computer monitors. All of the screens were black, telling that they had not been used recently.

 

      All except the one Justin logged off the moment he heard Daniel enter from his corner in the back. He had instinctively reached for his belt, in search of a weapon, and he cursed himself when he realized he never entered the building with one because of the attentive security. When he walked in between the rows as he approached his distressed back, he could see the numerous password failures as Daniel punched the keys violently.

 

     Justin knew that he shouldn't fool around any longer. From the looks of it, he had everything he needed to know for now. Whatever had Daniel so explosive must be of great importance. Though he wanted desperately to view inside the folder Daniel held, Justin chose to ignore his reference to it.

 

     " I'm sorry Mr. Saslow. I should be on my way now." Nodding his head in departure, Justin made his way to the glass doors,only to be stopped by a low accusing voice.

 

    " I would address you by name, but something tells me that Justin Clance wouldn't be appropriate for you." If Justin were to stop as a reaction to his words, then he knew doubt would no longer be what Daniel held to his true identity. He knew now. There was no denying.

 

    But in no way did he plan to confirm it.

 

 "Have a good day Mr. Saslow." Justin spoke as he waited for the doors to slide open. His feet picked up pace as soon as he turned the corner, out of Daniel's immediate site.

 

      "What exactly would you like for me to say Daniel? I think these papers are pretty clear." Blaise finished reciting the words on the paper to the room. He could see their thoughts compiling as he painted a new picture of himself before them.

 

     " I would like for you at this very moment, swear your allegiance. Not that you would have any choice otherwise. It does good to make sure you say it yourself -"

 

     "My allegiance to what Daniel?"

 

    "Seeing as how you're no longer as disposable as I had first expected."

 

     " I'm not following." Abruptly standing up Blaise clenched his fists by his sides commanding attention in the room. Stopping in his pace, Daniel turned to the younger man with a gleam in his eyes. He did not immediately speak, letting silence fill the room.

 

     " Those papers there...they change our plans just slightly. You see Blaise, we've looked to you as the only sensible Kincaid in our cause, heaven knows your father was becoming much too different to even be considered a catalyst any longer. I hate seeing this happen to such a loyal friend honestly." Daniel shook his shoulders in mock disappointment.

 

     " Your words would make much more sense if we all knew Mr. Saslow." One of the men sitting anxiously at the end of table spoke.

 

      "Men, Old Joe barely has any ownership in his company. Blaise here...he's who we should have been focusing on persuading all of this time."

 

     " I guess there was a reason for us following our intuitions on this one. Joseph will be receiving a visit from me personally in due time, of course, but Blaise it is perfectly fine for you to relay the news of his termination. It's a damn shame." Flipping the large tablet display, Daniel revealed a detailed diagram of the weapon of destruction nearing its perfect completion.

 

     " How the hell do you expect to go free from threatening my father to my face Daniel?"

 

      " What exactly are you going to do about it?"

 

       Nothing. Blaise felt completely vulnerable. The look of uncertainty and dread brought a deep laugh to Daniel.

 

    " You're just like him I see. You know, your father was once so enthralled by me that he would have jumped if I told him so. A weak man. Tragically weak. Wanted so strongly to have his name known to his work. Buildings and what not. The way he would speak with intentions so meaningful, angels themselves would humble under them-I never cared for them." Walking to Blaise's side, Daniel stood nose to nose with him. He could feel the nerves rolling from his rippling muscles; Daniel fed on them.

 

    " Joseph has been doomed since the day he accepted me as his mentor. Inadvertently, passing it on to you...to everyone he's dared to bring along with him, hoping to expose them to bigger and better things. He thought he was doing a favor for your janitor companion, your mother bless her soul. Lorraine Deges. " Watching the trepidation set in, Daniel leaned in closer, making his next words personal.

 

     " Your little whore Niamh. Must say a part of me is upset you didn't come to me first before advancing on her. My youngest daughter, and you had no respect for her father before courting her. I hadn't planned on involving her in on anything, but thanks to you, now she must become just another  throwaway.Once again."Daniel turned his back just as Blaise lunged towards him only to be stopped by a thick bodied man who seemed to appear from nowhere. Blaise's hands gripped the man's arms before him, attempting to throw him out of his way.His fury was so strong it blinded him. Through hazy eyes, he could see Daniel turn with a smirk, motioning for his strong arm to leave, but not before knocking Blaise back into his seat at a force so strong nothing but numbness shivered through his body.

 

   " Let's not be too rash here Blaise. You're still in decent standing with me. Don't fuck that up just yet."

Ooooooooooooooooo

 

      "You and I are close to the same size."

 

       Niamh and Darla browsed the racks of a clothing boutique together, sharing in each other's eclectic style. Niamh's initial resistance to speaking or sharing too much with the other woman was long gone. She found herself laughing and sharing stories of herself with no problem. She found out that had they known each other as girls, they would have, with no doubt, been best friends.

 

     Taking a sip from her water bottle, Niamh smiled along as she listened to Darla comment and ask her opinion on different pieces. A vibration on her thigh alerted her to a new text message. Unlocking her phone, she read the short words from Blaise.

 

       Are you alone?

 

     Sexting at this time Blaise? I think cameras would be able to see me...."She responded in a playful manner. Niamh had not expected the quick reply that followed.

 

    Are you ALONE?

 

        "Hey. Tell Blaise your attention is all for me right now." Darla scolded noticing her focus being on her phone.

 

     " It's just so hard being away from me. It's what I would a expect a kid to feel his first day in preschool." She responded absentmindedly.

 

       I'm with Darla. Shopping. Are you finished already?

 

      Stay with her. If you're not with her, make sure you're at home. I won't be done for a while. Wait for my call.

 

      Call for what?  She sent.

 

       " Does Blaise have episodes of aloofness?" Niamh pushed her phone back into her pocket as she followed Darla to the dressing rooms.

 

      " Blaise is one emotional guy. Everything always seems urgent with him. Do you mind sharing a room?"

 

      " Yeah, that's fine."  Taking her tag from the employee, Niamh held the clothing in her arms tighter. They entered into a large double mirrored room, big enough for the both of them to change.

 

     " I hate to ask you this, but how are your fathers connected?"

 

     " That's a weird question."

 

    " Yeah, well, I in a way breathe architecture. I've always been up to date with everything having to deal with Joseph...Mr. Kincaid. I just found out he and your father are together in business. Curiosity has got me since I can't find that much on Mr. Saslow."

 

   " My pops isn't exactly on the architecture end. He's more of a contractor who puts his hands in a whole jumble of other things. He's pretty low key in his business; there isn't much coverage on him." Darla answered as she pulled a shirt over her head and examined herself in the full length mirror.

 

   " How long has he been at it?" Niamh stood with one leg in a pair of pants.

 

    " Oh hell. Long before me and my brother came along."

     "Matthew."

 

     "Yeah, Matthew. If I remember correctly, he began interning at twenty with some old head who helped build his personality now. Had a job before graduating college, so he went ahead and left early.I must admit no matter how much of an ass he is, he is pretty accomplished in what he's done."

 

     " He must have hired Joseph for a job then."

 

     "Hm...Something like that. My dad kind of robbed the cradle with Joseph. Got him pretty young with a job offer like he had been. Joe didn't quit school though. My dad watched him like a college sports scout. Boom, bam, he became a part of The Family."

 

        " The Family..." Niamh repeated as she turned around asking for Darla to zip up the mid length dress she picked in thought of Blaise. Had she only thought of herself, it would have never reached the end of her thigh.

 

   " It's a name all of these washed out old guys who are dead, but no one has had the heart to tell them came up with to give purpose to their little member's only brotherhood. They take it so serious with their dinner parties and dances. Almost as if they are trying to create their own social monarchy."

 

     " You don't sound too impressed. One too many debutante balls?" Niamh laughed.

 

    " Oh God! Those are twenty times better than what we have to go through. It feels like a mating field whenever we have get togethers." Darla visibly shivered. Niamh turned, watching her relfection. She looked to her jeans' pocket where her cell phone laid. There hadn't been a reply in minutes.

 

    " Is everything cool?" Darla asked sensing her mood. Comfortingly, she rubbed Niamh's shoulder as she turned to Darla.

 

     "Something about your dad. I've known Blaise for but a few months, but even after such a short time I could see him change. Become fidgety and -"

 

   The vibration of a cell phone halted her words. Going for her pants, she dug into them hoping to see her screen bright with another message.

 

     "Hey Matt." With a sigh, she dropped the pants seeing that it wasn't her.

 

      " I don't have any money for you....No I am not.....You work at a restaurant, get something there!" Niamh mentally smiled at the thought of Matthew arguing down his sister for money.

 

     " Fine....I'll be there soon, I'm not that far away." Hanging up her phone, Darla sucked her teeth annoyed.

 

      " He needs lunch." Getting dressed, they picked out the clothing they would purchase and exited the fitting room with many skeptical looks from other women there. Striding past them all, they left the store with bags in hand.

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.