Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are all Mine. I am in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Hi everyone this is my second time posting this story.  This version is a different from the first I hope you enjoy it.  

Thank you for reading, rating and reviewing.

 

 




Author's Chapter Notes:

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are all MINE. I am is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Hi everyone this is my second time posting this story. This version is a different from the first I hope you enjoy it.

Thank you for reading, rating and reviewing.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Chapter 1: It all came crashing down

Eve hurried, knowing that she was late for her weekend getaway with A.J. She had tried calling him several times in the past thirty minutes but her calls went straight to voicemail, so she left a message for the fifth time.

"Hi, honey. Sorry, I'm running late. I forgot my overnight bag, but I'll be there in forty-five minutes. See you soon." She gave a loud smacking kiss before disconnecting the call.

Eve pulled into her driveway and saw A.J.'s company truck parked on the right side of the driveway and a smile came to her face. 

Maybe he got my message and decided to wait at the house for me after all, she thought, a bright smile gracing her face.

She then remembered that he had taken the SUV this morning when he left because he was going straight to the hotel from his last appointment which was in downtown Brussels.  She eased out of her car, carrying her briefcase. She opened the door and walked into the foyer and saw her tan and beige Coach overnight bag sitting at the door where she left it.   Eve picked up her bag and turned around and walked back to her car and proceeded down the driveway when she heard her phone go off. With her car Bluetooth activated, she pressed the talk button to answer the call. 

"Hi, Momma. What's wrong?" She asked. 

"Something has to be wrong for me to call my baby girl?" Momma Drake asked in her stern voice. 

"No, Momma. You know I love you," Eve said, trying to stay on Momma Drake's good side. She knew well that Momma was not mad but was just teasing her. 

"Don't sweet talk me now girl. Haven't heard a peep from you in a while. You don't love your momma no more? I know that A.J. must sure be keeping you busy now.   So when can we expect the pitter patter of little feet? Is that what's keeping you both busy now?" Hearing a tiny hint of laughter in her voice, Eve knew she was joking. 

"No, Momma. No sign of children yet, but you just have to wait," She said with a smile. A.J. had hinted at starting a family but they hadn't really been trying. Maybe this weekend, she thought. 

"Well, don't wait too long. You guys ain't getting no younger you know. Plus, if you need any advice lemme know. I could teach you a thing or two.  Don't think that because your father and I may be older that we don't know how to get down." 

"Momma!" Eve shouted, trying to get her mother's attention before she continued. 

"TMI! Oh my goodness. That was seriously a bad visual. I don't need to know that about you and Dad. You guys are so nasty!" Eve tried to keep a straight face. She didn't want to laugh out loud. It would only have encouraged her to continue, which she did anyway.

"Girl, please! Your father knows just how to work it, hit it right, and smack it down. He hit the mark every time.  Girl, that man is a tiger in the bedroom and don't let his innocent look fool you," Momma reported joyfully. 

 Trying to change the subject, she asked about work and knew it would be a better topic. 

"So, Momma, how is Daddy? Is he doing okay? He's not working too hard now is he?" she asked.

"No, baby girl. I know what you're doing but it is okay, Daddy is doing fine. He is out with your brothers helping with a repair job.  Are you and A.J. coming to dinner on Sunday? Everyone will be here," Momma said. 

Momma didn't miss a trick or angle when it came to any of her children.

 "Yes, Momma, we'll be there. Do you need me to bring anything?" Eve asked. 

"Yea, bring bail money cause if your brother brings that girl Lisa to my house again. Lawd knows it is going to be murderous," Momma said with a trace of anger in her voice.

"Momma, you know that Joshua loves that girl and there'snothing you can do about it.  Remember the last time we talked to him and he didn't speak to us for weeks?  Eventually he will realize and leave her. But Momma I have to go. I've reached my destination.  Love you, Momma. Bye."

Eve was so excited that she didn't wait for Momma to say "bye" before she disconnected the call. 

She pulled up to the entrance of the hotel and was met by a gangly teenager who opened her car door and greeted her with a smile. 

He said, "Welcome to Biltmore Harbor Hotel & Spa. I hope you enjoy your stay with us."

"Thank you," she replied with a bright smile. 

Eve walked into the hotel lobby and made her way to the front desk to get her room key.  A.J. had made the reservation a couple of weeks ago so everything should have been ready.  Eve always felt like royalty every time she walked into the Biltmore as she made her way through the lobby, which was furnished in vibrant red and tan leather high back chairs. The red, tan and brown speckled carpet with gold circle accented rugs added more of an immaculate feel to the already glamorous atmosphere. The front desk was off in the corner to the right of a beautiful winding staircase that led to the upper floor of the hotel.  The staircase was designed to take the hotel guests either to the right or left of their destination. 

 "Good evening, Miss. How may I help you?" The young man behind the desk asked with a smile. 

"I'm Eve Winters. I believe my husband has already checked in," she replied.

"Yes, Mrs. Winters, here's your key. You're in room 124. It is up the stair to the left," He said as he motioned the bell hop to take her bag to her room.   

Eve spied his name tag and realized that his name was Hank. She made a point of using his name when she replied.  She was so anxious to go to her room she couldn't wait to see what A.J. had plan for the evening. 

"Is there anything else I might do for you Mrs. Winters?"

"No, Hank," she replied with such excitement in her voice.

"Well, enjoy you're stay at the Biltmore Harbor. If there is anything that you need don't hesitate to call the front desk," Hank said. 

Eve was escorted to her room by the bellhop. When reached the room, she placed the key in the door. The green light blinked, giving her access to the room.  The bellhop offered to place her bag upstairs in the suite bedroom but she declined.  She gave the man a tip and sent him on his way. 

Eve had recently purchased a black and red garter slip that left little to the imagination and she definitely wanted to show it off tonight.   A.J. was very particular in his taste of lingerie and she loved catering to his every sexual fantasy in that area.  Plus, she loved pleasing her man and he always got the job done right.  She smirked to herself as she made her way into the room. 

Eve and A.J. had stayed at the Biltmore a couple of times in the past year and always loved coming back.  They had chosen this hotel because it was forty five minutes away from their hometown and away from the last hotel they frequented, where A.J.'s ex-girlfriend Jillian Winthrop always seemed to make an appearance the same weekend they did.  Eve never grew tired of looking at the view that greeted her as she walked out onto the balcony that was located off of the dining room and living room combo.  She smelled the fresh ocean air and felt the effects of it on her face as the slight breeze blew her medium length hair.  She took a breath and held it for a moment, taking in the freshness of the air.  She could hear the sounds of ships entering the harbor. The noise was not intrusive but more melodious and a welcomed sound to end a busy day.  Eve stepped back into the living room and flipped the switch to the fireplace to warm the room from the slight chill in the air. 

Eve decided to take her bag upstairs and see if A.J. was taking a shower because she had not seen him since her arrival.  She walked up the spiral staircase beaming at the tan and beige color scheme throughout the suite.  Everything was tastefully done and everything seemed to blend very well. 

Eve was excited to get her evening started. She reached the master suite at the top of the stairs as she placed her hand on the knob and turned it.

She heard a stirring in the room and yelled out while walking into the room. "Hey babe. I finally made it. A.J. what happened to your phone? I've been calling you."

Eve's eyes finally averted to the bed and what she saw made her gag. She froze for a moment to make sure that she was not hallucinating.  Eve felt as if someone else had taken over her body and suddenly coherent thought had evaporated from her brain.

 Her husband jumped out of the bed without a stitch of clothing on. He was in the bed with none other than his ex-girlfriend the bitch Jillian Winthrop.  She too was rushing out of the bed. She scrambled to pick up her discarded clothing on the floor of the room before running to the bathroom to get dressed. 

A.J. reached down and pulled on his boxer briefs and looked at Eve with those piercing blue eyes of his. His mouth was moving but Eve couldn't hear anything. She was still in shock at what she'd walked in on.

"Eve, this is not what it looks like! Believe me, it isn't. I don't know what happened! But let me explain, please let me explain!" He said with tears in his eye.

Eve kept seeing A.J. and Jillian in bed together the image seemed to be embedded permanently on her mind and vision.  The other woman always seemed to have a smirk on her face that Eve wanted to remove.  At that moment, Eve was unsure of what she wanted to do but she knew she had to get out of that room.  The pain that gripped her insides felt so raw. She was in such shock that she felt like she was moving in slow motion. 

When Eve doubled over in pain, A.J. felt like his body was in motion but he hadn't moved. The closer he got to Eve the farther away she seemed.  He felt like he had been hit by a fifty ton truck. 

"Eve, this is not what you think. I don't even know how this happened," he cried, rubbing his hands over his face.  A.J. reached for his pants and shirt on the floor and put them on.

"I would never cheat on you. I know I wouldn't do this to you. This has to be a mistake."

Eve refused to dignify that statement with an answer.  So many thoughts were running through her head but she knew she had to get out of there before she committed an act of murder.  The most prevalent thought that seemed to plague her mind was, How could you cheat on me with her of all people?

But she refused to voice that statement. She barreled out of the bedroom and down the steps. She spied her purse on the sofa, and grabbed it quickly, before she ran out into the hallway.  She ignored A.J.'s pleading for her to wait.  She pushed herself to keep on going.  She didn't know how she made it to her car but she got in, started it and drove far away from the hotel and her sham of a marriage.     

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

Thank you for reading, rating and reviewing.

 

 

 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.