Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Make It Nasty

©AwardedEmmy

2012

'I, the author of this amazing book like to call it the magical one-eye-twitch, but others seem to like calling it 'the wink'. A magical one-eye-twitch is a clear invitation that you're wide open for flirtation. It's like pulling him in without actually saying anything. It's pretty awesome. Women and men have been using it for seduction for quite a long time.'

Chapter 9

Emery sat in the backseat of her mother's Lexus QX as it rolled through the streets of L.A towards the venue in which Dennis Johnson would be hosting his record label merging party. On her lap wide open was 'Make It Nasty' and it had completely captured her attention. Darrell was texting his San Diego lover on the phone and Eden was dead silent, as she had been since Emery asked her if she was planning on sending her away.

The thought of actually being shipped to London for some school that would 'instill perfect mannerisms' into her, was eating away at Emery, but she was determined to not think about it, and just listen to what her mother had said.

"I just need you to behave, Emery."

And she'd do just that. She'd behave… For the sake of 'Make It Nasty', Logan Isley, and Comet. She didn't know what she'd have to do to push her mother far enough to be sent to some etiquette school, but she'd rather not find out.

Returning her attention to the book in her lap, she tuned out all other thoughts.

'People seem to really like winking… If a man has ever winked at you, don't try to deny the fact that you get extremely nervous. Butterflies invade your stomach, your cheeks turn redder than Clifford the Big Red Dog, and you become weak at the knees. So try it on him, maybe instead of butterflies, red cheeks, and weak knees, he'll have an irresistible urge to march across the room, throw you over his shoulder, and give into your every wish…'

Emery suppressed a delighted sigh as she imaged herself winking at Logan, and then watching him barrel over top of all kinds of famous artists to reach her, only to throw her over his should and carry her out to his jeep to 'ravish' her. The very thought of ravishing caused her cheeks to heat and her to shift in her seat. She should've practiced her wink in the mirror at home. She knew there were three kinds of wink, the seductive wink which she was aiming for, and then there was the awkward slow-motion- one- eye-closes-while-the-other-stays-wide-really-wide-open, and there was also the incredibly weird, there is something in my eye twitch. She concealed a giggle at the images that were appearing in her head, before she trained her eyes on the back of the passenger side. She winked three times.

The first wink was with her lips closed, and that felt awkward. The second wink was with a small smirk on her eyes, and the third wink was a full blown smile and wink… She decided to use the smirking wink, it seemed seductive enough. Turning her eyes back towards the book in her lap, she sighed.

'It's up to you how exactly you're going to wink at your man, just remember it has to be sexy and seductive. Don't embarrass yourself with some weird twitch thing, and make sure that one eyelid closes, and not two. Practice in the mirror before actually executing the wink…. Ladies I hate to have to inform you of this, but you really need to practice the one-eye-twitch… I bet I sound hypocritical now, telling you not to do a weird twitch, yet I call the wink a one-eye-twitch… But you get what I mean. Now go practice how you're going to wink at your man.'

Emery rolled her eyes; the author of the book was so weird. She couldn't imagine what she looked like, considering that the book was written under a pseudonym and there was no author picture provided, Emery didn't know much about the author. For all she knew, the author could have no experience with seduction whatsoever, but Emery seriously doubted that… She seemed well-learned in the department of seduction…. And she certainly knew what she was talking about when she was describing how girls feel when a guy winks at them. Even earlier by the pool, when Logan kept winking, because Logan always winks, Emery felt all of those things, so maybe, just maybe, he would march over to her, and ask for that dance he requested that she save him, and then he'd pull her off on some weird terrace, and kiss her….

Emery shuddered, where were the images coming from? They were so vivid. At the simple thought of him kissing her, she could feel his soft lips pressing against hers, and his callous from football hands tracing over her bare arms, while his muscular arms held her close to his solid body.

Her thoughts were going to get her into some trouble, she was quite aware of that fact, but for some reason, she just couldn't help it. She was feigning for his touch by now, and she was becoming increasingly impatient.

She looked out of the car window, and noticed that they were nearing the venue. She sighed.

What would he be wearing? Would he be formally dressed like her? Wearing a tuxedo and dress shoes? Or would be more semi-formal? Regularly dressed up? Emery's fingers gripped the seat of the car as she leaned forward and exhaled loudly.

How would he look at her when he saw her? Would he like what he saw? Would he say 'wow', like the guys in the movies usually did and then steal glances at her all night? Would he approach her for the dance? Or would she have to go up to him? Should she approach him, to show that she was confident in her want for him? Emery chewed on her bottom lip nervously.

Nothing could happen at her father's merging party. Sure, they could dance, they could talk, but nothing else. Her mother was a true cock block; she'd probably handcuff hers and Emery's wrists together to keep her away from Logan.

Emery wasn't stupid, she was noticing the way her mother made it her point to belittle Emery in front of Logan, and pull them away from each other. It was actually comical. Emery feared what Darrell would have done about her sudden attachment to Logan, but instead her mother was pulling on the leash.

Looking out of the window again, Emery noticed the car had come to a stop in front of the venue, smiling as the valet opened the door for her; she took the young man's hand and stepped out of the SUV. Giving him a generous smile, she waited patiently for her mother to make her exit from the vehicle and then hand them the keys. Linking her arm through Emery's and the others through Darrell's, she led her children into the venue, and Emery took a calming deep breath.

oooooooo0000oooooooo

Dennis Johnson only wanted a son, just like his wife Eden. When they'd found out they were expecting twins, they weren't excited like any other set of expectant parents would have been, and when they learned they were having fraternal twins, a son and a daughter, they were anything but thrilled. Where Eden came to terms with the idea of having a daughter and preparing for her to be an exact replica of herself, Dennis had turned the blind eye. He only needed one kid. One. Who, when he died, he'd leave everything to, and one son was perfect for that.

Sons were faultless, since the beginning of time, a man has wanted a son. Sure, a daughter was nice… For another man's son, but sons were the ones who would inherit everything, not the daughters…. In Dennis Johnsons mind, a daughter for him was pointless.

People hold strong to when a man has a daughter, he doesn't care about any past prejudices, she has him wrapped around her little finger. But, Dennis was quick to make sure that it was clear that Emery Alisha Johnson was Eden's responsibility. He didn't care much for her.

And Emery had spent seventeen years, before she even knew what a father was, trying to be right in his eyes. She attended the ridiculous label parties of his, partly because Eden forced her, but also because she wanted her dad to notice that she was there to support him, so why didn't he support her. For years, she thought if she did whatever she could to make her mother happy, and then her father would be proud of her… But try as she might Dennis didn't care for Emery, like he did for Darrell.

Darrell was the perfect kid in Dennis's mind. He was following right in his father's footsteps with music, he was handsome, good with the ladies, and made decent enough grades. Darrell was perfect.

Emery was not.

Emery was a girl, so Emery didn't receive the love that she should've, and that fact worried her brain too many times to count.

Seeing her father standing at the bottom of the stairs socializing with his musicians made her eyes water. She knew that they would approach him as his loving and supportive family, that seemed to be the epitome of the American dream, but he'd only see his beautiful wife and his son who he was so proud of.

So she held her head high, as her mother led them to the bottom of the stairs. They might've looked like a strong bunch, but one member was crippling on the inside.

As they stopped on the steps in front of Dennis. Eden grinned, "Sweetie." She said simply, unhooking arms with her children and pulling him in for a 'modest' hug.

"Aye, beautiful." Dennis teased with love in his eyes, as he and his wife broke the hug. He turned to Darrell who stepped forward, and did a manly handshake with him. "How's my son. I heard about your performance last week. Sold out the house. Mhm?"

Darrell nodded, "Yeah, it was seriously dope."

"I'm proud of you." Dennis said cheesing, "Let me introduce you to Terrance Black."

Darrell shook Terrance's hand, "Congrats on the merge man." Darrell said easily.

"Thanks." Terrance replied and then cleared his throat. Emery looked at the man who looked barely older than her dad, with an impressive salt and pepper beard and sparkling brown eyes he was actually kind of handsome, but the guy standing behind him was even more handsome and a lot younger. "This is my son, TJ." Terrance said, pulling forward his son by the arm.

TJ stepped forward and held his chin up in the air as though he was tough. His hands were shoved into the dark pair of jeans that rode low on his waist and exposed the waistband of his boxer shorts, and he wore a black t-shirt. He was completely informal, but Emery was certainly enjoying the view of his 'v'. Her eyes trailed upward and studied his arms, quite impressive bulges of muscle, and then she looked at his face, and his dark eyes captured hers and he raised an eyebrow.

She bowed her head and smiled just a little. He was certainly cute, but where was Logan? Biting her lip, Emery walked behind her mother and next to Darrell, she tugged his arm and pulled him away from the group.

"Did Logan text you? Is he coming?" Emery asked raising her eyebrow, slightly.

Darrell laughed, "I don't text that kid anymore, cuz he broke his phone a few weeks back. And I don't think he got a new one yet." Darrell said shrugging, "But, didn't you spend enough time with him today already?" He asked coking an eyebrow and shoving his hands into the pockets on his black slacks.

Emery shrugged and laughed a little, "What is enough time with Logan?" She asked while a sweet smile formed on her face.

"Oh, God. Stop." Darrell said, chuckling.

"What?" Emery whined.

"I don't know its awkward, but whatever. Did you know that I actually invited him over today for you?" Darrell asked.

"Why?" Emery shoving him lightly, "I told you that I wanted to do this by myself."

Darrell laughed, "I'm just trying to help out my two favorite people." Darrell replied, "But whatever, fine. I won't do anything anymore."

Emery exhaled, "Thank you."

Darrell nodded, "No problem." He nudged Emery's shoulder with his own and looked in the direction of the top of the stairs.

Emery knew what her brother was trying to draw her attention to, but she decided against looking. Instead she smoothed the dress down in front of her and prepped herself to see Logan.

Darrell laughed, "You're so obvious."

"Shut up." Emery replied, taking a deep breath, when the heavy suppression of an arm rested on her shoulder.

"Will Rihanna be here?" Logan asked casually, earning a scowl from Emery, "What? One time, I had a sex dream and she was in it fucking me and singing 'Rude Boy'. It was legitimately insane."

Darrell and Logan cracked up like immature school boys, pounding each other's fists, and wiping tears from their eyes. While Emery tried to stand firm under the weight of Logan's arm, she exhaled.

"Nah, man, she won't be here. She hot, though." Darrell said.

Logan nodded in agreement, "She kinda reminds me of your little sister." He said snicker, and moving behind Emery to place his hands on her shoulders and jostle her a little.

"Logan!" Emery squealed, trying to make sense of exactly what she just said.

"So you're saying that you're having sex dreams about my little sister?"

Logan sputtered, "Nah man, that is not what I said." He replied uncomfortably, his grip on Emery's shoulders tightening slightly.

"Dude, you implied it." Darrell accused, "Why the hell would you even bring up my 'little sister' and 'sex dream' in the same conversation, hmm?" He questioned. Emery cut her eyes at Darrell evilly, but a satisfied smirk graced his face.

What is he doing?

"Man, I'd never put the moves on your little sister." Logan recanted, releasing his grip on Emery's shoulders, and letting his hands fall. His fingers lightly skimmed over her back before completely falling from her body. Emery frowned, remembering that'd he's said those exact words to her the weekend before, and not even a week later he was stealing her first kiss under the water of her own pool.

Liar!

"Who knows what ya'll do when I'm not around." Darrell joked snidely, but Logan didn't catch on.

He stepped away from Emery as he said, "Yo, Darrell, but I promised you man. When we were like twelve, remember?"

Promised what?

"Yeah, I know, dude, but some promises get broken, right?" Darrell responded, raising an eyebrow.

"Logan Isley doesn't break promises though." Logan replied haughtily.

Darrell raised his hands in a motion of surrender as he said, "Okay I getchu… But, really though, some promises are meant, to be broken. Just saying."

Oh, Darrell you sly dog, you.

"Um, okay bro, whatever you say." Logan said, "I'm gonna go find some refreshments, hopefully a chick is working the bar." He said walking away from the twins.

"Why?" Emery asked, "So you can flirt for some alcohol?"

Logan turned around and a lopsided grin formed on his face. Emery's heart tugged inside of her chest and she had to sigh to regain her breath. "Duh." He said simply.

Emery rolled her eyes and turned to Darrell who waited for Logan to be out of earshot before he spoke, "I'm good, huh?"

Emery nodded, "At embarrassing Logan?"

"Embarrassing… Lol, he was embarrassed huh?" Darrell chuckled lowly, "That was some funny shit. He was all defensive."

Emery nodded, "Yeah, why did you do that? And what promise?"

Darrell shrugged, "I don't know, and you'll have to ask him. He'll tell ya."

Emery rolled her eyes, "Will he now?"

Darrell grunted before he responded, but he wasn't able to continue speaking because a presence interrupted their conversation. The twins turned to see TJ Black standing near their circle, hands shoved into the pocket on his dark denim jeans as far as they could go without snagging on his golden watch. He smiled a little, a single dimple appeared in his left cheek.

"Hey um- hey." He said, taking an awkward step closer, the hesitation of his movement drawing Emery's attention down to his navy blue and black Jordan's.

Emery nodded in his direction, "Sup?"

"Nothing, my pops told me to stop following him around and talk to ya'll, so hey."

"Hey man wassup?" Darrell asked, extending his hand towards TJ. TJ removed his hands from his pockets and the two males gave each other dap like experts. When they finished they took a step apart and TJ turned to look at Emery, he gave her a single nod and a little smile, the dimple that appeared made her smile.

"So. How old are you?" Emery asked awkwardly, "Do you live here or in New York?"

Darrell turned his head and looked at his sister, "Stop being weird." He scolded.

Emery scoffed, "I'm not being weird. I'm asking questions."

"And I'd love to answer them, but only if you say yes to my one question." TJ said, rubbing his hands together and looking at Emery.

Emery raised an eyebrow, "What?"

"Will you dance with me?" He asked.

She looked at her brother who pretended to not be interested in the conversation because he'd whipped out his phone. Emery cleared her throat and nodded, "Okay, yeah, sure."

Emery didn't know what to say. TJ was cute… Very cute, any other girl would probably immediately say 'yes', but Logan was present, Emery had to keep in mind she was trying to be with him, how would it look if she were dancing with TJ? Did it matter? He was apparently deadset on proving to Darrell that he wasn't into her… Even though it was becoming blatantly obvious that he was indeed into her.

"I would never put the moves on Darrell's little sister."

Emery inwardly scoffed and then nodded, "Sure. Darrell hold my clutch?" She asked, without waiting for an answer she pushed her clutch into his open hands and then stepped forward.

TJ grinned, "Great, I'm seventeen." He said, answering her first question. He offered her his hand and Emery took it.

"Me too." She replied.

He turned and smiled at her catching her off guard with that single dimple as his large hand pressed into her lower back passively. He led her onto the semi crowded dance floor and immediately grasped her other hand in his. Emery looked down at his huge hand and laughed, "You're hands are huge." She noted.

"Whoa, thanks for that." TJ said, "My hands are my biggest problem. I'm so self-conscious about them." TJ said his grip on her back and hand tightening just a little.

"Um, I'm really sorry, I was just noting, I uh- I like big hands."

TJ laughed, "I'm just kidding, I like my big hands, it looks nice when I hold small hands like yours." Emery's head fell as she blushed as she was unable to hide her cheeks with her hands. "Don't be embarrassed baby, I like little hands."

"My hands aren't little." Emery remarked looking up into TJ's dark eyes.

"Uh, you might need to rethink that statement."

Emery rolled her eyes, "Okay, I'm rethinking… Maybe your hand s are just abnormally large."

"Nah."

Emery laughed, "Okay, whatever…" She trailed off as she attempted to step to the music. She was failing. "I'm really bad at this." She admitted, looking down at her feet just in time to see her pump step on TJ's Jordan's.

"Don't worry about it." He said casually. Emery nodded and looked back up at TJ's thick curly raven hair that was cut very close to his head and then to the prominent Adams Apple on his throat before her eyes landed on his soft dark pink lips. "So, uh, I live in New York." TJ said answering her question from earlier. "I just came with my dad to get a west coast feel."

"And, how is the feel?" Emery asked.

"I'm diggin' the ladies tho."

"Really now?"

"Mhm, how does it go?" TJ paused, "California Girls we're und-,"

"Oh God." Emery groaned cutting off TJ'S Katy Perry rendition.

"Oh, you don't like that?"

"From you? No."

TJ laughed, "Alright."

Emery smiled and looked at TJ's leather jacket. She sighed as she wondered where Logan was. Could he see her? Was he jealous? Did it even matter? Darrell was present so Logan was going to act like their pool time earlier didn't even happen.

"Are you okay?" TJ asked.

"Um yeah." Emery said, "Dancing, just really isn't my thing." She said bringing up her distaste for dancing again.

"Oh, then why did you say yes?"

Emery shrugged, "I don't like to say 'no'," She said then bit her lip, "That's probably not the best thing to say to a stranger… But, you were too cute for rejection." She added.

TJ laughed, "I get it."

"I've stepped on your feet so many times its sad."

"You're trampling my Jordan's girl."

"I'm so sorry."

"It's okay. I already said its no big deal really."

"Okay." Emery sighed heavily, "So you're a junior?"

TJ nodded, "Yep, I'll be a senior in a few months."

"Yeah, me too."

Emery looked down at her feet and shuddered as the song came to an end. TJ led her off of the floor and stopped her just on the outskirts, "Maybe we can dance again, tonight, maybe?"

Emery laughed, "Yeah, maybe."

"Maybe? Okay."

"Okay." Emery smiled and then stepped around TJ to head back to her brother. She met Darrell's gaze and his eyebrow was raised in question and she grinned to ward off his worry. Then her gaze caught sight of Logan. His topaz eyes burned into her as his bottom lip rested on the rim of his glass. One of his hands was in the pocket of his black skinny jeans, and he stood with his legs slightly parted. His eyebrow cocked and his gaze was unwavering.

"So?" Darrell prompted as Emery stepped closer. He wanted to know about her dance with the only other teenager in the room besides them.

"So, I think I'm in love." Emery announced as she stepped up to them. It was a lie of course. Emery didn't believe in soul mates and random love.

"Why?" Darrell questioned, handing her clutch back to her.

Emery crossed her ankles and crossed her arms behind her back; she twisted slightly and then answered cheekily, "He sang to me."

"So what? All it takes for you to fall in love is for some dude to sing to you?" Logan asked skeptically, his eyebrows arching.

"Mhm." Emery replied, unlatching her arms, letting them swing a bit before crossing her arms in front of her. She twisted on her heels nervously.

"Emery, that's ridiculous." Darrell criticized. "What did he sing?"

Emery sighed, "California Girls by Katy Perry." She announced, then noticing the looks that played across her brother and his best friends' faces she said, "It's the little things that count guys. If you want a girl to fall in love with you, sing to her."

Darrell laughed, "But, you're not like other girls." Her brother said.

She glared at him, but didn't respond. She didn't quite know what to say to that, since for years she'd proven herself to be quite unlike other girls. She blew air from between her lips in exhalation as her gaze met Logan's.

And he was still staring at her.

Emery looked away and uncrossed legs, she shifted uncomfortably before crossing her legs again, from right leg over left leg to left leg over right leg.

"Anyway it was kinda embarrassing dancing with him because I kept stepping on his feet and shit. God, I could've died."

Darrell laughed, "We saw that and we were laughing at you. He didn't even try to help you get some rhythm."

Emery scowled, "I know, which was even more embarrassing he was practically waiting for the song to end, I'm pretty sure."

"A real man would've taught you how to dance." Logan supplied. Emery looked at him as he looked at her like he'd just spoken gospel.

Emery nodded, "Maybe, I guess I won't dance with any guy until that real man offers to teach me."

"That's a good idea." Logan advised, his gaze not straying from hers.

It was quiet between the three of them as Emery shot furtive glances at Logan and Logan peered at Emery from behind his glass, until Darrell broke the silence, "Oh, she's fine."

Emery frowned and turned to look at who her brother was talking about. She was an older woman, undoubtedly a rapper groupie, wearing a tight dress and sparkling diamond jewelry, her dark brown hair curled into tight tendrils. Emery turned back to Darrell, "What about Miss San Diego?"

"She's not here." Darrell replied before walking past her in the direction of Miss Groupie. Emery watched her brother walk in the direction of the tall brunette and she rolled her eyes as it dawned on her that this was yet another ploy of Darrell's to "help out his two favorite people"… She knew because Darrell didn't talk to girls who were taller than five foot five.

She was alone with Logan, yet again.

Emery looked back at Logan and slowly licked her lips, "So uh, I see the bartender gave into that Isley charm."

"Yep." He answered succinctly, looking somewhere above her head. "Logan Isley knows how to work the ladies." He said, and then started laughing at his own joke. Emery joined, his laugh being too contagious. Logan sighed as he finished his laugh and looked at Emery again, a coy smile playing on his lips. "Damn girl you look good tonight." He said.

Emery grinned and looked down at her pumps. "Thanks Logan." She said the smile never disappearing off of her face as she gazed back up at him. She wet her lips quickly and then nodded at him, "You look nice too."

"Really?" He asked, "I feel like I should've worn a tux. I figured rap music parties would be more casual… But it's like everyone is dressed up to meet Obama."

Emery looked at his red and blue plaid shirt with the top two buttons undone, and her eyes fixated on his prominent color bones and bronzed skin. "I think you look good." She said, blinking twice and looking into his eyes.

Logan nodded, "Thanks baby girl." He said, "Well, I need another drink."

"Okay." Emery said.

"Come with me." Logan urged.

"Okay." Emery repeated.

Logan laughed, "Okay." He mimicked.

Emery pouted, "Can we go get you this drink so that I can stalk TJ?" Emery asked, feigning annoyance and turning on her heel to head in the direction of the bar.

"Um yeah, okay." Logan agreed, walking behind her.

Emery walked closest to the wall and she ran her fingers along the masonry on the wall. She felt awkward with Logan walking behind her, especially after their day in the pool and his obsession with seeing her backside. Not that the dress she had on was too tight and would openly reveal herself, but she could feel his eyes on her. She halted her step, and Logan's body went smashing into hers.

"Dammit girl." Logan cursed, as his entire body pressed against hers.

Emery grinned, "Maybe, Logan, if you were paying attention to where you were walking, this wouldn't have happened."

"Where was I paying attention, hmm?" Logan asked in her ear.

"I don't have to say. We both know." Emery said, smirking.

Logan chuckled deeply, "Mhhm, Sorry, baby I just can't help it."

Emery shivered and pressed herself closer against him. "Logan… Are you putting the moves on Darrell's little sister?" Emery asked teasingly.

He stiffened and it was quiet for a second before his lips pressed against her ear and he whispered, "I don't know, am I?"

Emery shivered and closed her eyes as her body pushed against his a little bit more. "Are you?" She asked quietly.

Logan's arm wrapped around Emery's waist as he stepped to the side of her and pulled her along with him. He practically had to guide her because she was weak on her legs from having him so close to her.

When they entered the bar, Emery was walking in a haze. She barely recognized the wooden bar with the green marble countertops, but she placed both of her elbows on it anyway and leaned over the bar as Logan stood behind her.

"Aye, Misty!" Logan shouted overtop of Emery's head, jarring her from her daze. Logan's arms wrapped around her waist and he locked his fingers in front of her stomach.

Down the bar, a pretty blonde turned her head and grinned widely at Logan as she began making her way towards them. "Hey Logan." She said bubbly.

"Aye girl. Wanna fill up my glass?" He asked casually.

"I don't know, am I gonna get that kiss you promised me?" She asked, raising her eyebrow.

Emery sucked her bottom lip in between her lip as she waited for Logan's reply. "Of course." He replied easily.

Emery's blinked twice as the girl with the sparkling baby blue eyes winked at Logan and took his glass from him. Was she really going to believe him when his arms were wrapped around another girl? Emery sighed, "Anyways, I told you I'd walk here with you. Now that we've made it, excuse me." Emery said pushing herself off of the counter and attempting to weasel out of his hold.

Logan laughed, "Do you really think I'm about to let you go find TJ so you can step on his shoes some more?" He questioned.

Emery wasn't offended as she nodded against his chest, "Yes you are, so that way you can kiss your bartender and I can kiss my dream man."

Logan didn't respond for a few seconds which only caused Emery to feel more uncomfortable in his hold. Logan leaned to the side a little bit, and Emery hesitated to look up into his brown gaze. He was quiet still, a small smile on his lips as he surveyed her features, and then he spoke, "Emery, are you jealous? That I promised Misty a kiss?" He asked, cocking his head to the side and quirking an eyebrow.

Emery frowned at him. She was, of course jealous, but she wouldn't admit it. "No… Are you jealous, that I promised TJ another dance...? And that I plan on kissing him?"

Logan stared at her blankly for a few seconds before he nodded, "Actually I am." He said honestly, licking his bottom lip and staring expressionlessly at Emery.

Emery cleared her throat, "You shouldn't be." She said.

"Why not?"

"Because. I'm Darrell's little sister. You promised him, remember?" She teased, and then broke free of his grasp around her waist. She took a step away from him and watched as he scratched the back of his neck and shove his hands into the pockets on his black jeans.

"You don't even know the promise though."

"And I don't want to know." She lied. "Now excuse me while I go find TJ." She was hoping through her words she'd coax the truth out of him, but he didn't say anything he just stared at her. Nodding, slowly she stepped past him and then out of the bar.

Emery sighed as she reentered the ballroom. That was way too weird for her comfort. She couldn't actually believe that he admitted to being jealous. So, 'Make It Nasty' had worked. She'd successfully captured Logan Isley, right? What did she even want from him now that she had him?

Emery had no idea how to answer the questions that were whizzing through her mind, but she had no time to dwell on them as hew wrist was gripped, and she was being pulled out of the ballroom. Her heart rate sped up as she clutched onto the clutch in her hand. She wouldn't dare drop it for fear that a switch up would occur again and then Jimmy's phone would be- yet again in the hands of someone who wasn't Jimmy.

Emery knew who was pulling her away. Who else would so callously take control of her wrist like Logan had? Emery didn't say anything as Logan guided her to wherever he would be taking her this time. Secretly she was thrilled, but outwardly she was feigning nonchalance… Or doing the best she could to pretend unfazed that a handsome gentleman was pulling her off into wherever.

When they entered dark space Emery sighed, "Logan. Why do you keep dragging me into these dark closets?"

"Cause." He answered simply.

"Cause what? Is this going to happen every weekend? Am I going to need to set aside time on Saturday nights specifically for Logan to drag me off into some dark closet?"

"Nah girl. Here lemme find a light." Logan said and then the light of a cell phone illuminated the closet. He shone the light around the closet a few times searching for a string that would turn the light on, if there was even a light available.

Emery giggled, "Cute flower background." She said, as she briefly caught a glimpse of the image on his phone.

Logan grumbled, "Oh that, that's nothing, my cousin did that."

"Sure." She said sweetly.

"I'm not lying." Logan stressed and Emery made a whimsical noise to let him know she didn't exactly believe him. "Oh here's the switch." Logan said, as his fingers brushed past Emery's shoulder to turn on the light. He slid his phone back into his pocket and he sighed as he looked down at Emery. "So."

"So what? You dragged me here."

Logan chuckled, "Yeah, you're right."

"So, what do you want?"

"Well, I'm just hurt that you broke your promise to me?"

"What promise?"

"You promised me a dance, remember?" Logan asked.

Emery gasped as she remembered back to earlier by the pool when he asked her to save him a dance, "Oh my God I did, huh?" Logan didn't say anything he just stared at her blankly. "Well, why are we in the closet? The dance floor is out there." Emery said pointing towards the door.

"I know." Logan said simply.

Emery exhaled loudly. "So let's go."

"Remember how we were talking about that real man showing you how to dance earlier?" Logan asked quietly as he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

Emery nodded, "Yeah." She said quietly, understanding what he was hinting at.

"I kind of, I think, I want-," Logan stopped and looked at the ceiling as he took a deep breath, "I want to teach you how to dance."

Emery smiled, "That's sweet, but there isn't enough room in here…"

Logan cleared his throat as he stepped in closet to Emery, "There will be if we get close." He said, and then lowering his voice he added, "Can we get close?"

Emery's body went numb at his words and she merely nodded and looked down at her pumps as she felt Logan's body draw near. He paused for a second, "Let me get some music going." He said digging though his pocket. He brought out his phone and sighed heavily, "Let me get a Pandora station real quick." Emery nodded as played with her clutch. "Fuck yeah, we got service." Logan exclaimed, gaining a nervous giggle from Emery. Logan set the phone on one of the shelves in the closet and he pressed a few buttons before he stepped closer to Emery. A slow melodic beat came on and filled the small closet.

"Hug me." Logan said his voice low. Emery complied and wrapped her arms around Logan's torso. Her body pressed flush against Logan's and she could feel the temperature of his body radiating from beneath his button down. She pressed her ear against his chest gently and could hear the pounding of his heart against his chest. She sighed as she relaxed against him. Logan's right hand rested wrapped around her waist and he caressed her side as he tenderly stroked her cold right arm with his left hand. "I'm going to lead." He said softly. "The guy always leads." Emery nodded against his chest and struggled to keep her hands from shaking behind Logan's back. Logan's chest rumbled as he laughed a little, "Are you nervous?"

Emery couldn't find her voice to reply to him so she just nodded against his chest. "Me too." Logan admitted, and Emery smiled. Her mind couldn't seem to wrap around what was actually happening in the closet. "Sway with me. Step with your right foot to the side, and then the left. Gently. When you hear the beat, do you hear that bump that comes every second?" Emery nodded, "Each step should land on the beat." Logan coached and Emery did as instructed swaying gently on her two feet. Right, left, right, left, left- Emery cursed under her breath as she scuffed Logan's shoe.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay, don't worry about it, just sway." Logan persuaded. Emery nodded and mentally chanted, 'right, left' in her head repeatedly as she moved against Logan. A minute into the song, Emery smiled, she'd gone without stepping on his feet.

"What song is this?" She asked meekly against his chest.

Logan cleared his throat, "Always and Forever by uh, Heatwave." He informed her, as he gently caressed her side through her dress.

"Oh, I really like it."

"Me too." He replied easily.

Emery bit her lip and didn't reply as she listened to the palpitations of Logan's heart. Letting all of the words of the beautiful song drift through her mind. She couldn't believe she was actually slow dancing with Logan Isley in a closet. Earlier in the day, Logan had claimed her first kiss. As simple of a peck as it was, it was her first kiss, and it was underwater. He had uncanny ways of doing special things and Emery was really beginning to enjoy that about him.

As the song came to end, Emery didn't want to move from his warm and comforting embrace and Logan didn't want to release her. Luckily, another song came on immediately after the other one, and they didn't have step away from each other.

"I know this song." Emery said.

Logan laughed, "I don't."

"It's called Here and Now. I don't know who wrote it… But I know the chorus." Emery said softly.

"Cool it's a good song. I uh- I really like Pandora."

Emery nodded, "Me too."

The song cut off indiscriminately and Logan cursed, "Probably lost the damn signal." He told Emery.

Emery sighed, "That's really unfortunate." She said, and she meant it.

They hadn't stepped away from each other as they waited, probably for the phone to find signal and continue to play the music, but as time wore on, Logan sighed loudly, "Well, I have some music that's not on Pandora… It's not slow. But I can teach you how to grind."

Emery head shot off of his chest and she stepped back and looked into his eyes, "You're crazy." She said.

"Kinda." He agreed, "But I'm dead serious, or we can make out." He suggested.

Emery laughed, "Or we can go back out there."

"Nah, no offense, but I thought this party was going to be… Fun."

"None taken. That's what I used to think; now I've just come to terms with the fact that my dad throws lame parties now that he doesn't rap anymore."

Logan nodded. "So, do you wanna make out or…?"

Emery bit her lip as she looked up at Logan. "I kind of do… But I have just one question, before we do anything else."

"Okay."

"Do I really look like Rihanna?"

Logan laughed, "Nah."

"Then why did you-,"

"I was subtly trying to tell you something… It was a dumb idea." Logan shook his head and looked above her head.

Emery twisted her lips in thought before she asked, "What were you trying to say?"

Logan licked his lower lip as he stared at her. He bit his bottom lip as he looked at the ceiling, "I don't want to say it."

"Then put it vaguely." Emery urged.

Logan looked at the wall behind Emery's head as he spoke, "Let's just say that, yeah, 'Rude Boy' was playing in the background, but Rihanna wasn't the one riding me." His attention was directed towards the ceiling again as his words sunk in.

Emery gasped, "Logan."

"Don't act surprised." Logan said looking back at Emery.

"I'm not, I'm just. Logan." Emery took a deep breath, "I don't know if I should feel flattered and special, or creeped out, or what?"

"Feel special, I don't have sex dreams about just anyone, okay." Logan said.

Emery nodded uncertainly and then giggled, "That's cute."

Logan scowled at her, "So are we gonna make out now?"

"Okay, but I've never-,"

"I know. I'll teach you."

Emery shook her head, "You can't teach me everything Logan."

"Yeah I can." Logan said, "Oh and the way I taught you to dance. Only we can dance like that. Yeah?"

"Um-?"

"If you have to dance with some other guy. You have to promise you won't get too close." Logan said, "Promise?"

Emery nodded uncertainly, "Got it, but what if he-,"

"Don't dance with him if he doesn't do what you want. Promise?"

"I promise."

Logan nodded as his topaz eyes scanned every feature on Emery's face, "Good." He said, as he lowered his head, "I'm going to kiss you now, okay?"

Emery nodded, "Okay." She whispered.

Logan's head lowered towards Emery and his lips ghosted over hers gingerly. Outside of the pool, his lips felt completely different. Although they had yet to fully touch hers, they already felt ten times softer. Logan unwrapped his arms from around her as he gripped her hips, and steered her towards one of the clear walls in the closet. With her back pressed firmly against the wall, Emery removed her arms from around Logan's waist to around his neck. Manipulating his head, she pulled his head closer to hers and he complied. Emery licked her bottom lip as she anticipated the kiss that was coming.

She hadn't heard the closet door open, and the sound of a walkie-talkie fill the space.

"Excuse me." Someone's voice said in the background, but Emery continued to study Logan's pink lips before a kiss was left on her forehead and then Logan was in the doorway standing next to a security guard.

Emery frowned and pushed herself off the wall.

"Ma'am, your mother is looking for you." The security guard said.

Emery rolled her eyes as she met Logan and the security guard in the doorway.

"Um, Emery." Logan said.

Emery looked up at Logan, "That was the beginning of a really good lesson, Logan." She said, "I hope that's not it." She said, and then motioned for the security guard to lead her in the direction of her mother.

The thick male security guard nodded and took off in the direction of Eden. Emery followed behind, but not before turning around and catching Logan's gaze with her own. She winked, hopefully sealing their unspoken promise of a continued lesson.

oooooooo0000oooooooo

The time on the alarm clock read 4:22 a.m. and the phone on her nightstand was ringing off of the hook. Only one person would be calling Jimmy's phone this early, and that was Jimmy himself.

Emery growled and rolled over, accidentally rolling onto the sleeping Comet who growled and jumped from underneath Emery. "Sorry baby." She mumbled to her cat as she answered the phone.

"Jimmy, what the fuck it is four in the fucking morning."

"I know, I know. I just woke up and didn't have anything else to do." Emery noted the grogginess in his voice as he answered her. He had definitely just woken up, and his voice was sexier than anything she'd heard before.

"So you wake me up? Cool." She replied, finding that her own voice was seriously groggy.

"I know, I know. Why didn't I just call someone else? Because you have me phone, so unless you want to text me the number of my booty call, talk to me."

Emery growled, "I don't have to talk to you. I will turn off this phone, don't tempt me."

"Please, baby, talk to me, I'm so tired and bored and hungry and horny."

"Jimmy." Emery muttered, "I had a really long night." Filled with slow-dancing with Logan, smart-mouthing Eden, and then giving TJ that second dance that he asked for.

"I know me too. Me too. I keep waking up, I can't sleep."

Emery sighed, "Are you excited?"

"Nah."

"Oh."

The line was quite, "Can you text me a number, please?"

"Why would I do that?"

"Because, I doubt you'd want to have phone sex with me. Please, you don't understand what it's like being me right now."

"Drama-queen. What number do you need?"

"Her names Julia."

"Ugh. Okay."

Emery pulled the phone away from her ear and went to the contacts. Starting at 'A' she began to scroll through the phone. She didn't have an abundance of numbers on her phone, but she was confident that her contact list and Jimmy's contact listen were practically identical. She frowned as she found 'Julia's number'; she sent the contact information to Jimmy and then pressed the phone up to ear.

"Jimmy."

"Hmm?"

"Do you go to Freemont?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Well so do I."

"Oh cool, um babe, can you just text me?"

"Wow, when you told me you'd call me up, I didn't think that it meant you'd be using me to get some chicks number."

"Alisha, baby, you have my phone. I'm really sad that I have to call and ask you this, but unless you're willing to come over right now…"

"Um, okay, whatever, can we text. I think I figured out how we can switch our phones back ASAP."

"I can't guarantee that I will text back immediately, but sure. Bye."

"Bye."

Emery ended the call and stared at the screen. "Oh my God." She mumbled.

Jimmy went to Freemont. He was a peer. He was probably in one of her classes. He could be one of her friend's ex-boyfriends. She needed to give his phone back immediately. Not because it would be the right thing to do, get rid of the phone. But because she couldn't believe the pang of jealously that spread throughout her body at the mention of Julia. His late night booty call.

Emery seethed, after she'd sent that contact he was no longer interested in having a conversation with her, and that actually hurt Emery. She couldn't understand what was going on.

She loved how easily she could text back and forth with Jimmy, she thoroughly enjoyed their conversations. And she loved how she felt physically around Logan.

When it came down to it, if Jimmy was everything he seemed to be through the phone, was Logan worth what he was?

Last weekend Emery would've sided with Logan, but for some reason, this weekend, Emery was torn, she didn't really know how, but judging by the jealous rage that was still flowing through her body, Emery was undecided about Logan or Jimmy.

Emery settled back under her covers and sighed heavily. "Comet, what am I going to do?" Emery asked as her cat came and cuddled into the space between her stomach and thighs. And as with every night, she wished that her cat could actually give her the answers to all of her complicated questions.


Hey everyone! I just want to say that I'm really thankful to have all of you as readers. The reviews that you all have left have served as a great motivation for me, and without all of your support I don't know how I would be getting through this book. Thank you guys so much for taking the time to read 'Make It Nasty'! :)












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.