Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Make It Nasty

©AwardedEmmy

2012

'Your next step as seductress is to touch him and give him a compliment. If he didn't notice you before, now he certainly will. Want to take it a step further? Touch him and compliment him in front of his friends. Now that will for sure gain you some attention.'

Chapter 4

The plastic teeth of the red comb glided through Emery's hair with ease, untangling every knot that formed while she slept- more like tossed, turned, and stared at her ceiling fan. She was going back to school today and nerves had wracked her entire body. When she'd finally fallen asleep, the alarm clock woke her two hours later, which to her was the equivalent of two minutes. Bending over the black marble countertop in her private bathroom, Emery maneuvered the comb down the middle of her scalp to perfect her part. Setting the comb down, her eyes caught sight of the red curling wand lying on the counter. She bit her lip and squinted her eyes as she stared at the hair styling utensil.

"Should I curl my hair, Comet?" Emery asked her cat, who sat perched on the toilet seat cover, peering back at Emery. Comet blinked and then hopped up onto the counter, "I think this outfit deserves a few curls." She said, brushing her palms along the dark denim of her jean jacket, her fingers catching on the brass buttons. She looked down at the soft white tank that's looseness was covered by the jacket. The sleeves on her denim jacket were rolled up to her elbows. She looked back into the mirror and her eyes caught sight of her legs encased in a pair of black skinny jeans, and her shoes were her red high-top converse. Emery bit her lip. "I think I'll pass, I don't even know how to use this thing." Emery said picking up the curling wand, and waving it in front of her face precariously. "Wouldn't it be funny if I burned myself?" She thought aloud, smiling a little. Comet meowed and leapt off the counter, the movement startling Emery, as she stopped waving the wand and it slipped from her fingers. Grabbing for it, before it singed the cat, she wrapped her fingers around the golden part only to realize her mistake as her hand started to throb.

She'd grabbed the red base of the iron and squealed as she threw it onto the counter. Her left hand was throbbing and turning red. "Shit." She mumbled, gripping her left wrist in her right hand and staring at the pulsating left palm. "Oh my God. Owwwwie." She cried out, sniffing and shaking her hand. "I'm so glad, I didn't burn my face, but damn." She whispered, looking from her pounding hand to Comet's curious gaze. "Double damn. Okay I'm done in here." She said, turning off the iron with her right hand and then the bathroom light before stumbling into her bedroom, looking at her door in time to see Darrell walk by.

"Darrell," She called and waited for him to back track and look into her room before continuing, "Where's the ace bandage?"

"Like I know." Darrell said, leaning on the frame of her door. He looked at her up and down before asking, "What do you need it for?" Confusion was written all over his face as a thick eyebrow rose and his nose scrunched.

"I burned myself with the damn curling wand." Emery cried, storming across her bedroom in the direction of her desk clutching her left wrist in hopes to stop the pain from continuing its onslaught on her hand. "Darrell, you're just like Comet, no help." She muttered, "Unless you want to put my shit in my bag, then you'd be the most helpful chap in the world." She said with a false smile.

"I'll help you on one condition." Darrell said walking into her bedroom, going for her desk and closing up her maroon binder. Emery reached for her new bag that lay on the dark hardwood floor of her bedroom. Her hands gripped the light brown strap of the satchel/messenger bag like purse that she'd use as a backpack and she immediately placed it on her desk.

"And that condition would be?" She asked leaning against the wooden desk and studying her hand.

Darrell shoved Emery's binder into the satchel bag that Chelsea had delivered the day before, stressing the importance of having a fashionable bag, and sighed, "You need to tell me what the hell is going on with you."

Emery's head shot up and she looked into her brother's light brown eyes, "What do you mean?" She asked, her eyebrows furrowing slightly.

"Logan told me about what you wore to my concert. What were you thinking? Do you not know how many sleazy ass guys go to concerts?"

"Darrell, Logan told you what I wore from a male's perspective." She told him in a hushing manner.

"Exactly." He replied sternly. "And this. Skinny jeans? Cute clothes? Girly clothes? I'm beyond confused right now dude."

Emery rolled her eyes and pushed off her desk, heading to the other side of the room to reach for Jimmy's cell phone that lay on her nightstand. "Look, I wore what I wore, because I wanted to. I'm wearing this, because I want to. You aren't dad. You can't tell me what I can and can't wear." She told him clutching Jimmy's iPhone tightly.

"I'm your 'guardian'." He said with air quotes, "Since mom and dad think that work is more important than family, I'm the one that is in charge of you. I am the one that will get blamed if something happens." Darrell was firm in his speech as he zipped up the zipper on the pocket that held Emery's pens and pencils with more vigor than necessary, "And, I'm not going to let anything happen while we're still under the same roof." He looked dark, like an evil villain relaying the mastermind plan that would never fail. "So I need to know everything that's going on with you."

Emery exhaled loudly and slipped Jimmy's phone into her back pocket. Crossing the room, she snatched the strap of her satchel out of his hands with her right hand and glared at him. "I don't need protection. I know how to handle myself."

"Lies."

"Truths." She replied easily, "Now can we go, before we're late?"

Darrell's hazel eyes rolled as he glared right back at his sister. "You're up to something, and when I find out…." He shoved past her, sending her body reeling back a couple of steps. She scowled as he turned around and said, "Game over."

Emery's jaw dropped, "Who do you think you are?" She asked him, following him out of the bedroom and attempting to put the bag that was flailing around in her one hand. "I can't believe you think that I'm up to something. I just wanted to casually change my sense of fashion and you jump my damn nuts." She yelled hitting the light in the bedroom and trailing after her brother, who she noted was making no attempt at replying to her. "Know what? You are an ass." She told him.

Darrell's shoulders shrugged casually, "I'm just concerned about you, that's all. The bandage is in the first aid drawer in the kitchen. I won't even ask why you didn't think of that." He told her, "Meet me in my car when you're done wrapping up the hand you burned with the-," He paused and laughed loudly, "Curling wand."

Emery's eyes rolled, "Will do." She replied in annoyance, her eyes looking out of the ceiling-to-floor window to her right and staring at the array of tropical trees outside before snapping back to the path in front of her as she headed down the dark wooden stairs and towards the kitchen.

Emery reached the first aid drawer in the kitchen and slid it open. Upon immediate spotting of the bandage, she reached for it and pulled it out. "Alright, let's wrap this bitch." She muttered, putting one end of the bandage in her mouth and letting the rest unravel and hit the floor. Removing the end from her mouth, she gently placed it on her hand, and used her thumb to secure it in place. She winced as she thought about the blister that would eventually form there.

Emery continued to wrap the bandage around her burned left hand; she'd gotten halfway through when a familiar vibration occurred in her back pocket. She gasped and hurried to finish wrapping the ace bandage around her hand even going as far as to wrap part of her wrist too. When she finished, she awkwardly put a safety pin at the end, and then smiled at her work.

Emery used her right hand to retrieve Jimmy's phone. Pressing the power button, she quickly read the message.

-So…. Did you figure out what we're going to do about our phones yet?-

-Nope. I'm stuck, summer is around the corner and I'll be free to switch back then. Just a few more weeks.-

It was difficult only using her right hand to text, but she managed and then hit the send button on the black iPhone. Her finger depressed the power button as she exited the kitchen in the direction of the garage.

Darrell sat in his blood red mustang tuning through stations on the radio when Emery came out- a secretive smile on her face. He rolled his eyes. She wouldn't ever understand why he felt the need to protect her. It wasn't worth explaining to her either, she'd just tell him, 'I can handle myself,' like she'd done in the past, and he was tired of her naivety.

When Emery got into the Mustang, she turned on the phone, completely intent on ignoring Darrell on the ride to school. She was uncomfortable in her seat because she was trying to sit as far away from Darrell as possible. The iPhone buzzed, and she smiled as she read.

-I'm on summer break in a minute here too… So, you're in school…?-

Emery admired his smugness, she imagined the texter to be extremely attractive- yet she couldn't picture an exact face, just small tidbits here and there. So she placed Logan's face as the texter. This time, in her head, Emery saw Logan, a small smirk playing on his pink lips as he asked the question coyly, biting on his lip as he trailed off.

She replied, -I am, junior going on senior. High school.-

Her heart raced, she couldn't believe she was actually carrying on a conversation with someone over the phone. Sunday, they'd gone the day without texting each other. She didn't have a problem with that since she dedicated her Sunday to doing homework and finding the appropriate outfit for Monday.

Butterflies fluttered in her stomach as she read the next text to come in. She couldn't believe it. Butterflies. It was impossible, she'd never even seen the kid whom she was texting, but she got butterflies. Emery Alisha Johnson never got butterflies.

-I know this is going to sound incredibly creepy since we haven't even been texting that long, but you sound really cute. Like, I know you're a girl, judging by the stuff on your phone. So I just wanted to throw that out there.-

Emery was all too giddy to respond when the phone was snatched from her hands rudely. Emery's eyes snapped up as she glared at Darrell.

"Who ya textin'?" Darrell asked, casually scrolling through the screen, his eyes on the road, but at any minute ready to read the thread.

"None of your damn business." Emery cried, reaching for the phone, but because her satchel bag was still attached to her, the seat belt had her strapped down, and her left hand was 'out of order' she was unsuccessful. Emery's cheeks flushed. She couldn't tell Darrell about the phone. Being the protective older brother that he was, he'd insist on taking it and finding some way to get hers back ASAP and she couldn't have that. Emery was the most irresponsible person when it came to the keeping up of technology. Cellphones that have suffered water damage from bathtubs, toilets, and pools. MP3's that suffered the same fate. Laptops that have gotten left in hotels and limousines. It wasn't easy persuading her parents to shell out money on things that they constantly had to replace.

"Who?" Darrell asked again.

"I'm just texting this guy." She responded nonchalantly, rolling her eyes.

"You." He said in convicting tone, "You. Are texting a guy? Since when do you text boys?"

"Since I had my own business, now give me the phone." She growled, "Is it so hard to believe?" She asked arching an eyebrow.

"Yes. Yes it is." Darrell responded, "It better not be Todesey."

"Darrell, this isn't funny." She said to hush her brother's sinister laughter. "Why are you so freaking obsessed? It's just this kid, he wanted to know about some homework due today, now may I please, cherry on top, have the phone back. You're not fair."

Darrell threw the phone into Emery's lap. "People don't smile at homework texts."

"Good people do, because they're being nice. Jerk off." She muttered. "You need to calm down."

"I just want to know what you're hiding from me."

Emery gasped, "I am not hiding anything." It was a lie, but Darrell needed to bug out.

"Well, you can tell me anything, ya know? So when you're ready to. I'm here, but stop being so secretive. I hate that shit. Okay?"

Emery nodded, "Yeah, whatever."

"You know mom and dad will be home in a minute here." Darrell said attempting to break an awkward silence.

Emery rolled her eyes and scoffed, "Why?"

"Should I really answer that?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"I guess not." She muttered turning her head and staring out of the window.

Emery Johnson did not hate her parents. True, she wasn't their biggest fan, but she did not hate them. A father who was mostly concerned about not becoming a 'Used-To-Be' in the world of entertainment. A mother who was more concerned with body image and living the life of a hedonist. It wasn't hate that Emery felt for the parents who put their children on the backburner to pursue their own independent desires, but it surely wasn't admiration.

"Do you know when they should be back, exactly?"

Darrell laughed, "How the hell would I know, I talk to them about as much as you do."

Emery shook her head and smiled slightly, "So never?"

"Exactly, I just remember them saying, be back before school ends, and what do you know. Finals are coming up in a few weeks here, and then school will be over."

Emery nodded in resolution of the conversation and her eyes fell back towards the screen to see another text had come in.

-Alright, that was creepy… Sorry.-

Emery typed as fast as her right hand would let her, -It wasn't creepy… Okay it was a little weird, but my brother was just being stupid and stole the phone. So, yeah… Sorry. Anyways. We're going to have to keep each other updated until summer comes, huh?-

Emery pressed send and then looked at her brother from the corner of her eye as he parked at the school. Darrell looked back at her and opened his mouth; it was that moment that she wanted to punch her brother. "When are you going to tell me what's going on with this new look? Is it because of that skank, Julia?"

Emery loudly exhaled in frustration, she was tired of having the same conversation with him. "No Darrell, it's because of nothing. I wanted to try something new, and- voila! Here it is- something new. Get off my case, please." She begged and then turned to fix her brother with a leveled stare, "You know, it's not fair that you accuse me of being secretive and shit, yet you've had a girl, and I'm pretty sure it's the same girl, over a million times. I hear you guys, and I don't bug the shit out of you, wondering who you're dating or whatever. So I'd like the same respect. Obviously you have a secret girlfriend. You can't act suspicious when you believe that I have a secret boyfriend. Okay?" She said firmly, opening the car door and rushing out before Darrell had time to defend himself. She hurried out of the student parking lot and towards Freemont High School's grassy courtyard.

oooooooo0000oooooooo

The goal for Emery's day was to touch Logan. How that was going to happen, she had no idea. Already lunch had wrapped around. She'd had two classes with him before lunch, where she did nothing except watch, and she had two classes with him after lunch, and she couldn't possibly just sit and watch again. The challenge was to touch him in front of his friends. How on Earth was she going to do that? Where on Earth was she going to touch him?

Emery's right pointer finger twirled around the golden ends of her hair as she stared at the wooden cafeteria table in deep concentration. She wasn't really paying attention to her friends. Their conversations had been mostly made up of cheer tryout discussions, and Emery couldn't be bothered. The last time she was a cheerleader- something forced upon her by her mother., was back when she was 12. Upon entering high school she told her mother to forget about it. She wasn't doing cheer ever again. Her mother, Eden Johnson, had wanted the perfect daughter. Giggles and frills were what she would have died to have; it was unfortunate that her way of getting that was by force. Eden had forced so many things on Emery to the point where Emery didn't want any of it. Emery tried her hardest to steer clear of anything that her mother would like. Of course she never disobeyed, but she found a way out of everything.

Emery sulked in her seat even further. She had no idea how she was going to touch Logan. It couldn't be a meaningless tap or a playful shove. She actually had to touch him, and she needed to do it soon. She was dying of boredom, considering the fact that Jimmy still hadn't texted her back from earlier. She bit her lip in concentration and then looked up.

"Guys, I'm gonna go sit with Darrell." She said, placing her empty grape juice carton on her barely touched lunch tray. She just needed to be next to him in order to figure it out.

"You mean you're gonna go sit with Logan?" Trenise asked, raising an eyebrow suggestively.

Emery nodded, "Yes, that's exactly what I mean. The book says touch. So, I'm going to touch." She said while easing her shoulder bag onto her right shoulder.

"Touch him where?" Chelsea inquired, with her dark eyes wide open.

Emery shrugged, "I have no idea and I'm thinking that if I sit next to him, I'll figure it out." She stood up from the table and put a smile on her face. Picking up the lunch tray in her right hand she winked at her friends and sang, "Wish me luuuckk." Before turning away and disposing the tray in the trash can right next to the table.

She couldn't understand why she was so nervous; she'd sat at her brother's table more times than she could remember, but for some reason as she approached the table that seated football players, basketball players, and lady-players alike butterflies began wreaking havoc in the pit of her belly. She attempted pushing the butterflies away, but when she realized that the only seat available at the table was next to Logan- they returned with a vengeance.

Was she nervous about touching him? Or nervous about being around him? Events from Saturday night returned to the front of her brain and sent chills coursing down her spine. She couldn't believe they'd flirted. She couldn't believe the things he'd said that hinted at some sort of attraction to her. Her right hand clutched the long strap of her bag as she took a deep breath. The instructions from the book had proven to be useful, so she couldn't back down. Make It Nasty said touch, so touch she would.

Sliding the sturdy plastic blue chair with the metal legs away from the table she greeted her brother's friends with a warm smile- dimples and all. His friends all greeted her with sweet smiles and favorable recognition.

Taking her seat, Emery moved her bag onto her lap. "How are we?" She asked, attempting to start a conversation since all of six of Darrell friends- including Darrell and Logan, seemed to no longer have anything to say… Or they'd forgotten their previous conversations.

"We're good." Tristan Thomas answered, "Now that you're here." He added, winking at her.

Emery winked back, "I'm glad." Tristan's baby blues shimmered as he picked up a single fry and ate it.

"What're you doin' here, Em?" Darrell asked, next to Tristan.

"I come here all the time, dear." Emery replied, smiling at her brother sweetly and then rolling her eyes. "You always let me sit here. What's the problem now?"

"Nothin'." He replied, shrugging his shoulders and smiling at Emery.

Emery nodded awkwardly, and looked around at Darrell's closest friends. Yes, the table was jammed packed with a bunch of males, but only four people sitting at the table were considered to be friends of Darrell's therefore she tended to only socialize with them.

Tristan Thomas was a certified stoner. It was hard to find a point in time where Tristan wasn't high as a kite. With the prettiest set of blue eyes, raven hair, a pretty amazing personality, and one of the best basketball players at Freemont, it was easy for everyone to look past his bad habit.

Two juiceheads sat next to each other, devouring down plates of nachos like heathens. One had short blonde hair, a baby face, and the most alluring set of green eyes, Ricky Monet. The other had curly light brown hair, a rigid 'I don't give a fuck' face, and wicked brown eyes, Anderson Jenkins. Those two were obsessed with weightlifting, steroids, protein shakes, and anything that would make them beasts on the football field.

Bradley Benson, the dark haired lady charmer who used his sapphire eyes to get him anything he wanted stared off into space. No doubt trying to figure out how many more days until his graduation. He was the only senior at the table, all of the rest of the seniors who used to eat lunch at Darrell's table decided to get half-days after their sport season ended.

Emery's eyes finally found Logan who sat to her right. He looked handsome in a purple crewneck sweatshirt, his standard white Vans, and black cargo shorts. God, how Emery missed the comfort of her cargos. On his head he wore a black snapback and judging by the large purple 'W' Emery was aware that it was a Washington University snapback. He wore it backwards, the purple bill slanted downwards. The purple snaps of his hat peeked out from behind the small section of his brown hair at the front that was standing up.

He was enraptured in a game on his phone, and Emery immediately recognized it; Angry Birds. Biting her lip, she nudged him gently, causing one of the birds that he'd angled perfectly to fly askew. She heard him let out an annoyed breath and then look up from his phone. The moment his copper gaze met hers, his eyebrows furrowed, and he frowned. He looked confused, as small creases formed on his forehead. It was like he was seeing her for the first time. She could tell he hadn't even realized she'd been sitting there; he was so into his game.

Blinking a couple of times and then smiling a little, Emery said, "I just wanted to tell you that's my favorite game on my phone." She said, "In fact, I'd gotten stuck on that level."

Logan nodded and a small smile touched his lips, "Really?"

She nodded, "Yeah, so when you get past it, you gotta show me how you did it."

"Alright." He agreed, "And then looked down at the phone again, "I think I've figured it out, but, I'm not really-, I hate this fucking green bird." He muttered.

Emery smiled, "Yeah me too. It's the reason why I quit playing."

Logan looked back up at her, and smiled one last time, before returning to his game. Emery chewed the inside of her lip and turned back to her brothers friends. She'd need a little bit more time to formulate a plan of action.

"So, Lakers or OKC?" She asked the table, a wide grin taking over her face.

"Emery, you are aware that we live in L.A, right?" Anderson joked easily, laughing, and licking the nacho cheese from the corners of his mouth.

"I'm not stupid," She retorted, crinkling her nose at how foul Anderson could be. He was really light-hearted, but kind of gross.

"Lakers." Tristan voiced loudly, slamming a hand down on the table. "Lakers take all." He continued.

Emery rolled her eyes, and looked to Darrel who shrugged nonchalantly and said, "L.A all day."

"Bradley and I are siding with ya'll on this. Lakers baby." Ricky said with a wide grin.

"Lakers are so glorified. Freaking overrated." Emery said, "OKC. Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, James Harden, and Kendrick Perkins. Even Nick Collison can get in there. Thunder Up, baby." Emery turned to Logan and cocked her head to the side.

It didn't take him long to feel her eyes on him and look up, he raised an eyebrow, smiled and then coyly said, "Thunder Up."

Emery grinned and turned to the rest of them. "Ya'll will see." She said nodding her head. "Celtics or Sixers?"

"Who the fuck cares." Tristan said, rolling his eyes. "Miami Heat, Los Angeles Lakers, done. Lakers take all. Lebron, once again, has no ring to speak of."

"Final." Darrell said cracking a grin and high-fiving Tristan.

"I'm telling you guys, OKC." Emery persuaded.

"We can't be persuaded baby, we from L.A. We believe in L.A." Tristan said laughing, and then receiving high-fives from the rest of the guys at the table. "Our man, KOBE!" He shouted loud enough for some people at surrounding tables to hear.

Emery snorted and turned to look at Logan. He looked distressed. He'd removed his hat, and held it firmly in his right hand. His left hand was tugging at his hair incessantly, and his head hung low. It was in that second; of seeing his hand in his hair that Emery knew what she had to do. Biting down on the inside of her lip, her right hand ascended slowly towards his left hand, and before she knew it, she'd made contact. Her hand held his, and the tugging of his hair immediately halted. She gingerly pulled his hand away from his head until it rested on his left thigh.

"Logan," She said softly, "You have got to stop tugging on your hair. You could go bald." She informed him, and then gulped before she said, "And then you wouldn't be handsome anymore." Logan's head snapped up and he looked at her- his eyes were wide and incredulous. She smiled, and released his hand, before reaching back up and ruffling his hair, "There, now your hair is a little messy and should last for a few minutes." Her hand fell from his hair and landed on the bag in her lap.

Logan watched her hand for a second, before he smiled and laughed- nervously, "Thanks," He said, looking back into Emery's eyes, biting his bottom lip and quirking an eyebrow.

Emery's stomach clenched, but instead of locking up, she decided to ask a question. "Are you okay?"

"I think the appropriate question is," He paused dramatically, "Are you okay?"

"Me?" She asked confused her forehead wrinkling into a frown. Logan's gaze shot down to her hand and back up at her. Emery looked down and gasped. She'd completely forgotten she was a burn victim, "Oh yeah." She said reassuringly, "I just burned myself with the curling iron." She said, and then noticed Logan's eyebrow quirk again, "Um- I didn't get to curl my hair because Comet decided to make some sketchy movements and scare the shit out of me. I dropped the iron and caught it on the wrong end." She paused and looked away from him, "It was really stupid." She added as an afterthought.

Logan laughed, "No, it was your reflexes. You've got good ones."

Emery's cheeks heated, she'd take that as a compliment. She turned her amber gaze on him and smiled, "Is that a good thing?"

"I don't know is it?"

Emery's heart thudded loudly in her chest as she looked into his eyes. Unable to break the contact. He just directly quoted her teasing parting words from Saturday night. So he'd remembered. Emery's bottom lip got sucked in between her teeth as her eyes brightened. He'd remembered. Logan's eyes didn't stray as he stood up from the table and smirked at her. Finally he looked away and told his friends that he'd see them around, before he parted from the table, but Emery sat there stunned. She could only focus on one thing.

Mumbling under her breath in excitement, Emery's was elated, "Oh my God. He's thought about it. He remembers."

oooooooo0000oooooooo

'Jimmy: My favorite color is pink. Is that weird?

Alisha: Nah, not at all.

Jimmy: So, what's your favorite color?

Alisha: I don't really have one… Is that weird?

Jimmy: Kind of, all girls have favorite colors… EVERYONE has a favorite color. Are you okay in the head?

Alisha: Yes. Yes I am. So, what do you like to do?

Jimmy: People watch and high class females.

Alisha: o_o … Oh my God, I cannot believe you just said that. Hahaaa, I'm cracking up.

Jimmy: Why?

Alisha: So, blunt and honest is all. What else?

Jimmy: Football, basketball, work out. That's it. What about you?

Alisha: Video games. :)

Jimmy: That's hot. A girl who plays video games. Mmm.

Alisha: You're weird.

Jimmy: I know. :) Is that all?

Alisha: Just about… How was your day?

Jimmy: It was good. I hope you don't mind but I beasted on one of your apps.

Alisha: Que?

Jimmy: The bird game, I like got through seven levels. Don't hate me. You can go back, I was bored. :p

Alisha: It's whatever, I was stuck anyway, and I hadn't played that game since, like, January.

Jimmy: January? It's May now girl! How can you go that long without the birds of anger?

Alisha: I had better things to do.

Jimmy: Like?

Alisha: Like study for my SAT. Which I have to retake. :( I got a 1500.

Jimmy: Not tryna brag, but, uh, I got a 1700. ;)

Alisha: Oh, you're cool….

Jimmy: You know it. ;) Do me a solid?

Emery: Like what?

Jimmy: Describe yourself or send a picture. ;D

Alisha: Bahahaha, I'm short.

Jimmy: Okay…. Send a picture.

Alisha: No. What if you're a creeper?

Jimmy: We're going to have to meet eventually if we want to switch our phones back, so we might as well see each other's face! :)

Alisha: That reminds me, how did our phones get swapped? I know that mine fell on the floor, but I could've sworn I'd bumped into a girl.

Jimmy: No idea, this chick just handed me my phone looking all guilty. So, I'm just as confused. I didn't even know my phone was missing. Biotch stole it.

Alisha: Well… hell.

Jimmy: We should talk on the phone.

Alisha: Hah, why?

Jimmy: To confirm our genders, you know. :) And because I want to hear your voice.

Alisha: Do you think that's a good idea?

Jimmy: Obviously. ;p

Alisha: Okay then, call me.'

oooooooo0000oooooooo

Emery sat Indian style in the middle on her queen sized mattress. She was chewing on the inside of her bottom lip, and stroking Comet. Jimmy's iPhone laid on the comforter, directly in front of her, face up. Both she and Comet watched the phone silently, waiting for the screen to light up. Her hand was shaking and she didn't know why exactly, but if she could pin it on anything, the tack would land on nerves. It would be her first time conversing with an absolute stranger over the phone, and it was a boy. She was usually relaxed and unfazed when it came to the male species, but that was because she had nothing to worry about.

Emery closed her eyes, "Jimmy could be a forty year old bouncer." She told herself, and that's what she was mainly worried about. She took a deep breath, "I have no reason to be nervous." Emery reassured herself, laughing a little and staring at the black screen. "If everything goes south. I'll just come clean to my parents about the phone." She paused, "I'll tell them that I shouldn't have been holding it in my hand… But I really had nowhere else to put it so technically-," Emery squealed as the phone's screen lit up, indicating a call from her number. She licked her bottom lip and waited a second. She didn't want to answer too quickly and make Jimmy aware of the fact that she'd been waiting for his call.

Removing her right hand from the fur of Comet, Emery reached out in front of her and wrapped her fingers around the iPhone. Inhaling deeply and exhaling slowly- she answered the phone. "Hello?"






Chapter End Notes:

A/N: So, I've got fans telling me to drop Jimmy from the story, and I can't, because the phone swap was the original idea to this whole story. I've plotted out what I want to happen and then I went to tell my mother and she gave me this bomb ass alternate idea, and I'm thinking about incorporating it into the story. I can't wait for you guys to see what's going to happen. Leave a review! :)







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.