Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

And here it is. The end of the story. 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.



Epilogue


8 years later


I sighed exasperated. “No.”


“Why not?” she whined.


“Because I said that if you whined I wouldn’t buy it for you.” I stated firmly. “And if you keep acting like this, you’re going on time-out as soon as we get home.”


She sniffed. “But I—“


“I know that you want it, however, mom and I have been telling you that you shouldn’t whine when you would like to have something. It is not nice.”


I looked down at my 3 year old daughter and I so wanted to give in to her request, but I knew that I had to play the bad cop now or face the repercussions later.


Allegra would have killed me if she found out.


“Rebecca, you know that daddy loves you, right?” I questioned her.


She nodded. “I love you too, daddy.” She gave me a small smile.


“I don’t like saying no to you or your brother, but you will thank me when you’re a grown up.” I explained. “Now, let’s go back home. Your mother might be anxious already.”


I picked her up and reached our car.


Rebecca was the most amazing little girl I’d ever seen. Well, I’m obviously biased, but she seriously warmed anyone’s heart. She was so open and giving. She always tried to help others. But she was temperamental like her mother, and she hated losing. Her hair was red, just like my mother’s, after whom she was named and her eyes were the greenest eyes ever. I remember holding her for the first time after hours spent in the hospital and my hand being almost killed off at the process. She was beautiful and perfect. She was my little girl and nothing or no one would ever harm her. I would be there to protect her.


 


“Thank Lord, you’re here. Your son is driving me crazy.” Allegra hugged me and gave me a quick kiss before picking up Rebecca.


I frowned at her and she just rolled her eyes in response.


“What did he do?” I asked, concerned.


“He wants help with his homework but you know that science is definitely not my forte. He’s in his room.”


“I’m going. Allegra, please. Take it easy. What did the doctor say?”


“What did the doctor say?” she mimicked me. “You’re overbearing. Let me breath.”


“I let you breath, Allegra. Just calm down. You shouldn’t be picking Becca up now. You should be in your bed, resting.” I informed her.


“I’m tired of my bed-prison. I need to do something.” She put Becca on her high chair and started preparing her snack. “Go now.”


“Hello, Fra.” I said once I knocked on his open door.


“Hey, dad.”


“Mom told me that you needed help.” I said as I stepped inside.


“Yes.” He looked at me a bit embarrassed.


“This is not about your science homework is it?” I inquired suspiciously.


Francesco was almost 7. He looked exactly like me at his age. The only difference was his skin tone which was golden.


“I like someone and I want to ask her out. I didn’t tell mom because she would ask me every single detail and I don’t want to tell her just yet.”


“What’s her name?”


He blushed. “You know her. It’s Imogen.”


“Imogen? Uncle Laurence’s daughter Imogen?”


He nodded and looked down.


Time had passed so fast.


Imogen was the same age as Francesco and they’d been best friends forever.


Allegra and I moved back to New York when Francesco was two. We wanted to be closer to our family and friends.


If you wondered what happened to my sister she did get married to Owen, and I’m an uncle of an amazing 5 year old boy called Aiden.


“Do you know if she likes you?” I asked cautiously.


“Well…she said that when we’ll be adults, if we cannot find anyone else to be with we might as well get married. Does that count for something?”


I smiled. “It probably does. You might want to tell her that you like her. I remember having the same fear when I wanted to tell your mother that I wanted to be with her.”


“What happened? Did you tell her?”


“I..well…I kissed her and she ran away.” Obviously that was the censored version of what had truly happened.


“Oh.” He looked down.


“But then we got together and here we are 8 years later with a family, you, your sister and your little brother on the way. Maybe it is worth a try.” I shrugged. “You might never know…”


“I guess you’re right. I’ll tell her—“


“Tonight, when she comes over?”


“Maybe on Monday at school, or next week.”


I patted his back. “You’ll be fine.” I reassured him. “You do know that you need to take your nap before it’s time to get ready. Mom invited some people over for fun.”


“Will Grandpa be there?”


“Yes, he will.” I smiled thinking about how excited the children were to see my father.


Surprisingly I found the strength to forgive him and create a relationship with him. I decided that I didn’t want my children to live without knowing my father, so I let him in, incredibly slowly. We had a good relationship, sometimes a bit frosty on my side, but I was working on that.


“Hopefully Uncle Kenzo and Aunt Isobel will be there as well.” I added.


Yes, those two were still together. They weren’t officially married yet, but they had a symbolic ceremony at the beach house. Isobel refused to get married because she was afraid of marriage. Kenzo loved her so much that he would do everything. But I knew better. He really wanted to make her a honest woman but she was so stubborn. They had a child, Ben, and he was 3 months old.


 


Allegra was resting on the bed and I was happy about that. I entered the room and saw that she was reading a book.


“What are you reading?” I asked her as I laid down next to her on the bed after taking my shoes off.


“A book.” She said.


“Thank you, Captain Obvious.” I said sarcastically.


She rolled her eyes, closed the book and put it on the side-table.


“It’s about sex during pregnancy.” She looked at me in the eyes. She was pissed off, I could tell. “But I think I’ll have to burn it because I won’t need it. You’re putting me off. What does a woman have to do to convince her husband to perform his duty? It’s been 3 months.” She whined.


“I know.” I sighed. “I want you too. So much that you can’t even imagine how I feel.”


“Then what’s your problem?” she snapped.


“I don’t want anything to happen to you and the baby. You weren’t feeling well after the last time we had sex and we had to go to the hospital.”


“That wasn’t your fault, Chris. I just needed to take it easy with work and try to calm down.”


“I was afraid that we were going to lose him. And that something could happen to you---“


“It wasn’t your fault. I love you, okay. I’m yours and you’re mine. We belong together and you weren’t going to lose me just because the last time we had sex it was a bit rough.” She caressed my cheek and kissed me softly.


“Okay.” I said unconvinced.


“I’m hormonal and shit. I want you to have sex with me. Now. The kids are taking their afternoon naps so we have an hour. I know I’m fat and heavy, but pretend that I’m still a size 4.”


“Allegra, you’re not fat. I like you better now. There’s more for me to touch and cherish.”


“I was an 8 when I wasn’t pregnant with the baby. This is all your fault. And I’m getting stupid stretch-marks.”


“Cassiopea.” I called her to get her attention. “I don’t care. I love you like this. You’re hot as hell and I like you better this way. Please stay at least a size 6, 8 even better.” I kissed her hungrily.


“You’re so annoying, Chris. But I love you. Now do your duty.” She demanded, as serious as she could ever be.


 


“I can’t believe that tomorrow you will be celebrating your 8th anniversary.” Laurence said. “And to think that I had lost faith in you and Allegra ever being together.” He patted my back. “And to think that you didn’t want to date anyone and hated to admit your feelings for Allegra..” he trailed off.


“I know.” I looked at my wife, she was sitting down with Isobel and Giselle and they were chatting animatedly. “I’m kind of glad that you acted as my conscience, although I have to admit that you were terrible Laurence.”


“I know, but you love me anyway.” He smirked and I rolled my eyes in response.


My father and Kenzo came up to us. “Guys.” Kenzo smiled brightly.


“Where’s little Ben?”


“With my parents. They wanted to spend time with him. I didn’t know it was this sad to separate yourself from your children even for a few hours.”


“I know. The constant worry…” I said.


“It will never go away. Even when you’re children are married and have families of their own you still worry about them.” My dad intervened.


“Well, thanks for nothing.” Kenzo muttered. “I don’t even know how much we’ll have to worry once they become teenagers.”


“Please, don’t go there. I’m terrified already at the prospect of Imogen coming home with a guy with tattoos and piercings and a criminal record.” He whispered worriedly as he looked at his daughter playing around with Francesco.


“That will probably never happen unless Francesco decides to go into rebellious mode.” My father argued.


I glared at him. “My son will not be rebellious, thank you.” I stated.


“Wait, do you think those two?  To be honest, I love my godchild, I really do, but tell him to keep his hands off my daughter until they’re at least 30.” Ben stated seriously.


I smirked. “Ah. You wish. They’ll probably end up together before they even become teenagers. They are best friends now.”


“Maybe they’ll get married.” Kenzo made fun of Laurence who glared at me.


“I hate the idea of someone stealing away by little girl.” He muttered.


“I know the feeling.” My dad patted him. “You’ll survive. You just have to make sure that the guy she’ll end up with is worthy of her.”


I felt someone’s arms around my waist.


“Allegra, you’re glowing. That’s a nice change from your angry, depressed and resigned mood of the last few weeks.” Kenzo commented.


“What can I say? I love my life.” She smiled brightly.


“Pregnancy definitely suits you.”


“Thank you, Richard.” Allegra smiled warmly and hugged me closer. I kissed the top of her head before breaking our embrace. She gave me her back and I put my arms around her waist, my hands on her swollen stomach.


“Do you plan on having other kids?” Laurence asked curiously.


If looks could kill the one I sent to him could.


“I don’t know.” I answered. “It’s Allegra’s body. Her choice.”


“Let me finish with this kid and then I’ll let you know.”


“When is your sister coming over to New York again?”


“Next week. We’ll meet her at lunch, same place, same time.” I told my father.


My sister and her husband lived in Washington D.C. with their amazing son. I missed having her near me all the time, but we had a two weeks family vacation every summer.


“Keiko…” I whispered in Allegra’s ear before biting it gently.


“Mmmm?” she asked, suppressing a moan.


“I think you should sit down and relax a bit. You looked tired.” I left a small kiss on her neck.


“I know. In fact, I might as well go to bed in half a hour.” She replied.


 


Almost an hour later I found myself helping the guests to get their coats.


“Where is Imogen?” Christopher, Laurence’s eldest son ask.


“Do not worry about her. I’ll tell her she needs to get ready.” I informed him.


“Thanks, Uncle Chris.”


I found her alright. She was talking to Francesco.


“You look really pretty tonight.” Francesco said sheepishly.


Imogen smiled and blushed. “You look pretty too.”


“I can’t be pretty. I’m a boy.”


“You look handsome, then.” She corrected herself.


Francesco nodded. “I really like you.” He avoided eye contact.


“I like you too, Franci, and I know that we will be together when we get older. You’re my best friend and I guess I can marry you instead of my dad.” She reasoned.


“Can I do something?” Francesco asked tentatively.


“Sure.” She smiled big.


Francesco leaned closer and pecked her lips.


They looked at each other and rubbed their mouths.


“Ew. I don’t get why adults kiss all the time, it’s gross.” Imogen wa the first one to break the silence.


“I agree.”


“Maybe when we’re going to be adults, we’ll understand.”


“Maybe.”


“Imogen?” I said coming out of my hiding place.


“Yes, Uncle?”


“You need to get going.”


 


“Our son is all grown up. He shared his first kiss with Imogen.” I was so proud of him.


“Did you take a photo?” her eyes full of hope.


“Of course I did.”


I showed her and she was ecstatic.


“Our kids are great.”


“I know.” I laid my hand on her stomach and smiled happy as I felt the baby kick.


“I love you Chris. And I’m so happy that you gave me another chance.” She smiled and kissed me passionately.


“I love you too, wifey.”


She rolled her eyes but smiled nonetheless. “Happy Anniversary.” She whispered.


“Happy anniversary.” I whispered back.


“I just want to remind you that you’re mine and I’m yours, and these 8 years as husband and wife have been great. I still want to spend the rest of my life with you.”


“I’m proud of being in love with you. One of the smartest decision my heart has even made for me.” I kissed her forehead and hugged her to me. “This is exactly how it is supposed to be: you and I together. We belong to each other, Allegra Keiko Cassiopea Carter-Fitzwilliam.”







Chapter End Notes:

I hope you enjoyed this last encounter with Allegra and Christopher. I don't plan to do a sequel. It doesn't really make sense for me to do so. I'm quite sad to see my brain creature go, but I loved writing this story. 
I will be improving it every now and then until it's perfect and I have the gut to try and get it published. We'll see.
I know I haven't posted anything for Allegra's side of the story and I promise I will now that I have a bit more time.
Plese review and let me know what you think about this last chapter!
Thank you for reading and reviewing. :D







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.