Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I'm on a posting frenzy! This is partly because I have all chapters up to 11, which I wrote today.

Chris and his wounded pride come across an annoying Laurence Allegra and Christopher comes to an agreement and Chris sees a side of her that he didn't even think she possessed.

Anyway, enjoy!




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Chapter 5- Meetings

I sighed as I finally got home. I was soaked from head to toe, but I didn’t give a damn. I sat on the couch and silently thought of the recent facts. I didn’t understand what was really going on and confusion was definitely overwhelming me.

My cell-phone vibrated in my pocket. I took it out and read it. It was Laurence.

‘What the hell? Were you making out with Allegra?!’

I decided to ignore it. Big mistake.

I was dozing off when suddenly the elevator reached my penthouse. I turned around to see my sister, but it was Laurence. Massive disappointment.

“What happened? Why didn’t you answer my text?” he sat next to me on the couch. I just shook my head instead of answering him “Are you okay?” he asked, his voice full of concern.

“Yeah…I’m fine.” I lied. I didn’t know if I was okay. It seemed  to me that I was everything but fine.

“What happened?” he asked cautiously.

“She hates me, Laurence. She absolutely detests me. What did I do to deserve such a negative response from her part?” I inquired.

“It was the fact that you implied that she was a gansta, and the barely tolerable thing.”

“I was lying there. Come on, it was obvious I wasn’t serious.”

“Yeah, I know, but she is not your best friend. She doesn’t know when you are serious or when you are lying.”

“But she was the one that asked me to kiss her. She was the one leading me to the room in the club and then to her car. She started it all, and then she just stopped me and left me high and dry.”

“That’s why you’re mad? Because she didn’t give herself to you?” he chuckled.

I sent him an hateful look “Maybe….I don’t know. It’s just that we were so into it. I wanted her badly….I still want her badly. And you have to see her. She’s bloody perfect. Her body is so perfect and it just screamed at me….she liked it...she liked what I was doing to her. A lot. Otherwise she wouldn’t have been moaning my name like she was possessed.”

“So now you admit you want her.” He had this mischievous smile on his face.

“Of course I want her. I want to have mind-blowing sex with her. And when I’ll finish with her she will be begging me for more.”

Laurence burst into laughing “Oh man, sorry…it’s just…you’re hilarious. How are you gonna make her beg you for more when she hates you and doesn’t wanna have sex with you?”

“Don’t worry. I will bed her. Just you wait. I’ll charm her and she will fall in my arms…”

“I can’t help you with this. Your solely concern is bedding her…and she is my friend…therefore you change your intentions and try to get something stable with her or something otherwise I won’t support you. I won’t just watch you use my other best friend.” he said seriously.

I sighed “I don’t know if I would want a relationship with her.”

“Well, try to find out.” He stated  “Dude, I do care about you, seriously and I would love for you guys to get together, because I am sure it would work out, but it’s you that is creating all the problems. Until you sort out your feelings for her and you decide what you wanna do with them I can’t really help you.” He pat me on the back “I gotta go now. If you need me, call me.” He reassured me.

“Thank you, Laurence.” I smiled “Take care.”

“Will do.” He stood up and went to the elevator.

I sighed again, as soon as I saw him disappearing. God, Laurence was right. I couldn’t just use her, however, I wasn’t ready for a relationship after what happened in the last one. I’d never admitted this, but Caterina and her actions left my self esteem clearly affected. It was extremely hard for me to trust someone, and considering that relationships are built on trust….

A few days had passed and I was at work. Since that night I had buried myself into work, leaving the office way past 5 pm, avoiding my sister, my friends, and my almost non-existent social life. And I should say that even though I hadn’t seen her for a while, she was still there, present in my every thought. When I woke up my mind instantly went to her, and before falling asleep I asked myself what she was doing, if she was still working or laying in her bed thinking about me, maybe.

The telephone in my office started ringing. It was my assistant. I rubbed my neck and answered.

“Yes, Rachel?” I asked tiredly.

“Mr. Fitzwilliam there is someone who asks to see you.”

“And who would that be?” I asked shocked. It wasn’t my sister, otherwise Rachel would have said so.

“She refuses to tell me her name. She keeps saying that you know her. And she is quite angry, I dare say.” She whispered the last sentence.

I chuckled “Let her in. The worst she can do is yell at me.” I smiled even though I didn’t know who I was letting in my office. However I hoped it would be her. I didn’t know why I was wishing for her to appear in my life again, but I had missed her presence.

“As you wish, sir.”

A few seconds later the door to my office opened and slammed against the wall. I looked up and there she was: Allegra.

“Hello, Allegra, how can I help you?” I asked confused to see her so angry.

“Why did you tell Laurence what happened?” she inquired angrily.

“I didn’t tell him the details, and anyway he did see us making out on the dance floor.”

“That was a fucking mistake. I was…I was drunk.” I stood up.

“You weren’t drunk, Allegra. When we kissed I didn’t taste alcohol.” I walked up next to her, my face only inches away from hers.

Her breath came out more labored. She was affected by me being so close to her. I inwardly enjoyed that.

“You jerk!” she shouted and tried to put distance between us “Do you think I’m some easy girl you can get a quick fuck with, huh?!” she put her hands on my chest and I trembled “And for your information I don’t need to christen my car!”

I took her hands in mine “Listen, Allegra, I am sorry for everything, okay. Let’s start fresh, is that alright?”

She pulled away from my hands “I don’t know if I can do that.” She stated, her hands on her hips.

“Well..” I rubbed my neck uncomfortably “I wanted to give you my excuses for implying that you weren’t beautiful, because believe me, you are. I stated the contrary because Laurence was harassing me in order to make me admit that I feel attraction for you.”

She gasped “You feel…you feel attraction for me?”  she stuttered, her eyes wide.

I instantly blushed and avoid her gaze. I didn’t know what to answer. Either way she wouldn’t like me back and I had to really work hard to play my game with her “Maybe..” I lied.

“Maybe…” she repeated and smirked “I guess we will have to see each other with Giselle and Laurence going strong.”

“Did he tell you…?” I trailed off.

“Yep. Can’t wait to see the ring on her hand.” She genuinely smiled and I felt my heart beating even faster “Now, don’t think that we are friends now.”

“I would never have dared to think so.” I said flatly.

“Good.” She winked and left. What was the wink for?

Time passed faster than I thought. In fact months had come and had gone. The hot and sunny days were over now that we were approaching November and I was even more obsessed with Allegra than before. We always hang out together with Laurence and Giselle and occasionally with my sister.

Even though I was growing more attached to Allegra, she always kept here distances when I was around. That woman was complicated and I couldn’t figure her out. There were times when she would flirt with me, smile at me, even touch my arm, hold my hands. However, those were rare occasions. In fact she was somewhat cold, distant, controlled, as if she didn’t want to show her true emotions. She was wearing a mask, and I was itching for her to take it off and let me see her true self.

It wasn’t only her body I was attracted to now. I liked her, all of her. She met all my requirements…even though I thought that my list was quite bullshit, really. I wrote that list under the influence of alcohol, so it couldn’t be taken that seriously. But she was intelligent, independent and amazing. I saw her working with my sister, a pair of glasses on, concentration written all over the face.

I liked her. And I didn’t know anymore if I wanted her just for sex or if I wanted her as my hypothetic girlfriend.

I sighed while I was trying to adjust my bow tie in front of the mirror.

“Kirsten!” I yelled “Can you help me out?” I asked

I hear someone’s steps. I turned around to see Allegra wearing a pair of boy shorts and a plain t-shirt.  

“What are you doing here?” I said startled. I was confused and delighted.

“Working and sleeping over.” She said flatly “Kirsten is busy, so…”

“Can you please…” I pleaded “I’m already late for this event..the Mack Foundation—“

“Yeah, I know. I was supposed to go.” She walked up to me and worked on my bow tie.

“Why are you not going?” I inquired curiously. I could feel her breath on my neck and I controlled myself to stop from shivering.

“I don’t want to and I have more important matters to attend to than go to a stupid hypocrite event where old men and women will only care about eating and showing off.” She stated simply “Here you go.”

“Thanks.” I leaned in and gave a peck on the cheek. I inhaled her scent “How are you doing?” I said against her neck.

“Fi-fine.” She stammered.

“Good.” I leaned back and smiled at her “It’s been a while since I saw you. What have you been doing these days?”

“Working.” She whispered “Are you busy next week?”

“Why?” I frowned.

“I need help in organizing Giselle and Laurence’s surprise engagement party. And since you are gonna be the best man and I the maid of honor I thought that…you know it will be cute if we…”

“Yes, sure, call me whenever you need me.” I was thrilled. I could spend more time with her.

“Well…I don’t have your cell phone number.”

“Give me yours and I’ll give you mine.” I said gently “You know what, let’s meet for lunch, tomorrow so we can get over the details you’ve already established. When is the party?”

“Next Friday.” She smiled shyly.

“Next Friday.” I repeated “Okay.” I looked at the watch on my wrist and hissed. It was 6 pm. “I really have to go, Allegra. Ask my sister for my cell phone number, is that okay?”

“Sure.” She returned cold towards me “Don’t have too much fun.”

I stared at her bewildered as she turned around and left me there. I shrugged, took my set of keys and left the penthouse silently.

A few hours later I was going to die any moment from boredom.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” someone with a familiar voice asked. I turned around and I saw my uncle Ben and his wife Daphne.

“Hi, Uncle. Auntie.” I hugged both of them. “How have you been?”

“Extremely good, but you haven’t, am I right?” he patted my back. Although his voice was playful, I could tell that he was concerned.

“No, I’ve been better, but that’s life.” I faked a smile.

“Is still Anne following you around?” Daphne asked, trying to stop herself from laughing.

“Unfortunately yes, Aunt, but tonight she seems to have understood, at least for now, that I’m not interested…..”

“Who is she?” my uncle demanded to know as soon as his wife excused herself to say hi to a few friends.

I sighed “No one, Uncle, absolutely no one that I need to be interested in.”

“What’s her name?” he inquired curiously.

“You don’t know her, anyway. What’s the difference if I tell you that her name is Guglielmina or Allegra?”

“What’s her name, folk? Tell me.” He was definitely losing his cool.

“Allegra.” I answered flatly.

“What are you waiting for? Get her if you like her so much.”

“It’s not that easy, uncle. She hates me, and she is so confusing…I can’t afford to misinterpret her behavior towards me.”

“Whatever. I advise you to not waste precious time. She could be the one, you know?” he patted my back again “Now, I need to see to my wife before she makes fun of me by telling her friends one of my embarrassing moments.” He smiled and left me, standing alone in the hall of the hotel hosting the event.

I heard someone calling my name quietly and I turned around to see a friendly face. I walked up to the man and smiled brightly at him.

“Sir…” I took his hand and shook it “How have you been?”

“I think we are way past formalities.” He grinned. I adored that man.

I still remember where I met him for the first time. I was in a café, nervous as hell because I had just submitted an application for an internship at Carter corporation, when a black man with certainly a Spanish heritage and with green-grey eyes asked to sit at my table and we started talking about finance, the growth of the economy….the rest as they say, it’s history. At the end of the improvised meeting the man had told me he was Francesco Carter and that he wanted me to work for him. I ended up working there for a few years until my dear father forced me to take care of the family business.

“Yes, Sir-old habits die hard.” I smiled sheepishly.

“How have you been, Christopher? I haven’t seen you in a while. Why don’t you come and say hi when you come in California?”

“It’s been a long time since I went to California, Mr. Carter.” I answered looking him in the eye. He hated when people avoided eye contact.

“That’s a shame. California is such a sunny place to stay at, I personally prefer it to New York where in the winter the weather is far too cold for my liking.” His grey-green eyes twinkling  with delight at the sole thought of his beloved California.

“How is your family, Mr. Carter?” I curiously asked. I’d never met anyone but Fujiko, his younger daughter, and his wife, Misaki.

“They are all well. My daughter Fujiko is currently studying as a senior at Stanford, while my other daughter, unfortunately, still wants to stay and live in New York City, and Robér spends his time between Los Angeles and London.”

I said genuinely. “I’m happy to hear that.”

“News? Maybe a fiancée or…a wife?”

I faked disbelief “Mr. Carter, do you honestly believe I would have gotten married without inviting you to the wedding?”

He laughed heartily “Of course you wouldn’t Christopher.”

“Good to know that you still trust me, Mr. Carter.”

“How many times do I have to tell you that you can simply call me Francesco?”

“Sorry, Mr. Carter, it’s just that…I’m not comfortable calling you by your first name.”

“Well you ought to get comfortable sooner or later. Are you here alone?”

“Yes, Mr. Carter, my sister didn’t want to accompany me.”

“The poor man is without a date.” He patted me on the back.

“Yes.” I shrugged “It’s not a big deal anyway, I can live on my own.” I said “And you, Mr. Carter? Where is your beloved wife?” I asked.

“Misaki is hunting down Yuuki, my second daughter, trying to convince her to come tonight. I told her it was a waste of time, but she doesn’t listen.” He sighed in defeat “Women. What can you do about it?”

“Yes, you are absolutely right. We will never understand them.”

“Why don’t you come to the Plaza, tomorrow? Misaki and I are staying for a few days in New York City, you could always dine with us, if you want…”

“I will be there, Mr. Carter.”

“I am happy to hear that, Christopher. Now if you will excuse me…” he said when he saw his wife approaching him, her face distressed.

“See you tomorrow, Mr. Carter.” I smiled and left the man to face the wrath of his wife.

I reached my table where I saw Laurence and Giselle sitting.

“Hey Chris.” Giselle said when she noticed me.

“Hello.” I said calmly.

“Hey, man. Do you mind if I speak to you for a second?” Laurence asked, his eyes showed that he was anxious.

“Sure.” He stood up and went towards the garden. I followed him.

We walked in silence for a while, the chilly air present.

“I’m sorry.” He said out of the blue.

I stopped walking and looked at him without saying anything.

“I figured it out now.”

“Really?” I said sarcastically.

Yes. I realized that I have been a jerk, not a friend. I should have let you do whatever you wanted, but you know that I love stuffing my nose in other people’s businesses.” He smiled sadly.

“I know.” I confirmed his last word. “I just wanted you to leave me alone. You know that it is not easy for me after what happened.” I started walking again “I want you to be my best friend. Not Laurence the match-maker, okay? You are the only one that can understand me now, so please, do understand.”

He smiled big at me before giving me a friendly hug.

“Understand you. I can do that. I promise you that I won’t stress you about your feelings for Allegra.”

“Thanks.” I grinned at him “Let’s go back in. Your girl is waiting for you.” I stated.

“You know, you are right.” He smirked. “Can’t wait to take her home and have some fun. This event is killing me.”

I shook my head and smirked back. “Run to her and get the hell outta here.” I encouraged him.

He looked at me in disbelief “I can’t believe that you just said ‘outta’, Chris.”

“Once in a life time occasion.” I gave him a naughty smile. “Go!” I urged him. I didn’t need to repeat it twice. He was already gone.

A strange feeling of sadness overwhelmed me. I wasn’t envious of what Laurence and his fiancée had. I remembered exactly how it felt being in love with someone. I remembered how it felt when you want someone so much that you might die if you don’t have them, how it felt to just look at each other in the eyes and say nothing, because there is no need for words, you complete each other.

Sometimes I asked myself if I had made the right decision when I broke it off with Caterina. Maybe we could have solved our problems, but it is so difficult to trust again someone that betrayed you and left you in pieces.

I was scared, now, because what I felt for Allegra was so confusing and I didn’t know how to act when she was around. Plus, I didn’t want to fall for her.

I came back to my penthouse well past midnight. As soon as I got in I could hear noises coming from the television. I went in the living room and turned the lights on. Instantly the person on the couch turned around.

I fought back a gasp. Allegra was devastated. She had clearly been crying, her face wet from her tears.

“Allegra…” I whispered. I instantly came up to her and sat down next to her.

She furiously wiped her face “It’s the movie…it is so sad…” she tried to justify herself.

I looked at the screen where a familiar scene could be seen “What? The Young Victoria?” I asked in disbelief.

“You silly, it’s just that he died, and left her alone, just like…” she trailed off, unable to continue.

“Just like who?” I asked seriously concerned.

“I’m talking non-sense.” She tried to laugh but her voice broke. The tears kept flowing and I was fighting against the urge to hug her. “It is so unfair that he died so young.”

I wasn’t sure if she was talking about the movie anymore. She was covering her face and she kept mumbling words that I couldn’t quite understand. I took her hands in mine to make her stop furiously wiping her face.

“Let it all go.” I said to her before hugging her close. She immediately hugged me back and sobbed on my shoulder.

I held onto her tight until her sobs subsided and were replaced by regular breaths. I stood up from the couch and picked her up. I went in one of the spare rooms and got her in the bed. I picked up a blanket and covered her with it.

“Blake…” she mumbled and turned around.

I sighed in relief. I didn’t wake her up. However, I was confused. Who was Blake? And why did she kept mumbling that name over and over again?

I left the room, unable to focus on what I had to do. I absent-mindedly reached my room and undressed, before throwing on my pajama bottoms and got in the bed.

This wasn’t exactly how I had pictured the first time Allegra was to sleeping over. But still, it seemed as we had made some kind of progress. She had turned to me when she needed someone to comfort her, even though I wasn’t sure it was just because of the movie. She had turned to me and trusted me with her tears.

Before falling asleep I found my phone and sent a message to Laurence:

‘Who is Blake?’

The answer came a few minutes later: ‘It’s a long story and I can’t tell you everything because it is not mine to tell.’






Chapter End Notes:

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. In the next one, you'll find out denifitely more about Allegra, and if you don't like her now, I hope you will in the near future. :D







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.