Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hope you guys like it. I guess I am on a NewsRadio Spree right now.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

28 year old Catherine Duke let Jimmy lead her into the office.

"Your desk is right here Kitty." He said.

Jimmy James was her father's best friend and her godfather. He was her escape when her family became too much to handle.

He offered her this job in New York City mostly to get away from them.

She said yes.

Her parents were not happy about that.

Her father was the world renowned famous jazz player, Benjamin Duke. He owned the Duke Music store franchise. Her mother was Renetta Duke, the blues singer whose sorrowful soprano voice stole the hearts of many men and women alike.

Unfortunately for them Catherine hated singing. Her voice was amazing but she couldn't bring herself to sing anywhere other than her shower. She loved talking though. Her younger sister, Angela, wasn't the perfect child either.

Angela Duke was twenty two and rebelled against her parents like crazy. She used to have the longest hair out of them all. When she got to college she shaved it off into a Mohawk. Catherine had to admit though she would never do it herself, it looked nice. It brought out Angela's cheekbones and made you pay attention to her eyes.

Catherine chuckled recalling the day Angela walked in with her hair shaved off. Renetta almost had a heart attack.

Even her father cracked a smile.

The perfect child was her older sister, Elizabeth, who was 32 She was tall and had model perfect looks which she always had to bring up. Catherine's body wasn't bad either she was a dancer but she was short, and Angela was curvy but in shape. Angela had hips, thighs, and booty. Catherine had the breasts and Elizabeth had the looks. She worked with their parents at the music store and sang with them on CD's sometimes.

Not Catherine's forte at all. She needed to get away.

Her parents lived in the Hamptons so when Jimmy came and told her about the job she told him yes before he could finish.

Angela begged to come with her so they were sharing a three bedroom apartment.

Catherine immediately felt at home in the office. She saw the booth where she would be most of the time. Lucky her.

"Staff meeting. Guys this is Catherine Duke." Jimmy introduced.

"Cathy this is Dave, Lisa, Bill, Matthew, and Beth."

She took in the faces of the people she would work with.

Dave was a sweet looking man with blond hair and cute dimples.

Lisa was a brunette and really pretty but she looked like a stress freak by the way she kept tapping her foot.

Bill looked cocky and grinned creepily while his eye roamed up and down Catherine's body.  She shuddered inwardly.

Beth was a ginger and had on a tube top and long skirt. She reminded Catherine instantly of Angela.

Matthew was a lanky goofy looking younger man.

"Hey." She said with a wave.

"You want to go into the booth?"

Her eyes widened with excitement like a child in a candy store.

"Really?"

"Yeah Kitty." Jimmy said with a chuckle.

She ran into the room giddily and sat in the chair messing with the equipment and turning on the microphone hearing her voice.

"Like it?"

"Like it? I love it! Thanks Jimmy." She said with a big smile.

He led her out and she set up the things on her desk.

"Who's the newbie Jimmy?"

She rose and turned around hearing the new voice.

"Joe this is Catherine Duke. Catherine this is Joe."

Her eyes roamed up his body to his handsome face.

He was wearing a white tank and loose jeans.

He was built and tall and Italian and his shoulders filled her mind with images of her being picked up with ease.

"Hi." She said.

"Hello." He said taking her in appreciatively and unlike with Bill, she really didn't care.

"Okay so now that you have met everyone. I am gonna go and deal with the wrath of your father." Jimmy said kissing her cheek and hugging her.

"Oh gosh tell him Ange and I will be over tomorrow okay?" she said.

"Will do. Bye Kitty."                                                                                                                            

"Bye. Oh and Jimmy?" she said.

"Yeah?"

"Thanks."

"No problem sweetheart." He said.

She smiled and then noticed Joe was still standing next to her desk.

"So are you from here?"

"The Hamptons."

His eyes widened.

"Oh wow. So why are you here?" he asked.

"I hate the Hamptons and being under my parents is unbearable." She said with a shrug.

"Ha! She thinks the Hamptons suck. I like you." He said and walked away.

She watched the defined muscles of his back and grinned.

She was going to love it here.

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

So this one wont just be four parts lol. I really hope you all like where it is going. I am just 16 and kinda amatuer.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.