Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Getting better at updating woo! 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Later that night Deb, Trevor and my parents left for their dinner date. I decided to go to the patio and read my book, my favourite passtime whenever I was at the cottage. I also usually snuck a glass of wine to really unwind.

I was so absorbed in my book I didn't notice Seb sneaking up behind me. When he grabbed me I let out

Later that night Deb, Trevor and my parents left for their dinner date. I decided to go to the patio and read my book, my favourite passtime whenever I was at the cottage. I also usually snuck a glass of wine to really unwind.

 

I was so absorbed in my book I didn't notice Seb sneaking up behind me. When he grabbed me I let out blood curdling scream and also spilled the entirety of my glass of rose all over over myself.

Sebastian was beside himself with laughter which only enraged me further.

"You're such a dick Sebastian!" I exclaimed while trying to wring out the rose from my shirt. "I reek of alcohol now! If mum and dad came back right now they'd think I was out doing keg stands with frat boys!"

This only amused Seb further and he continued to laugh while I stormed into the kitchen to get a towel.

"Okay I'm sorry I just thought it would be funny and I didn't realise you were drinking anything especially alcohol!"Seb said with a grin on his face.

"So what if I have a glass of wine occasionally to unwind, its not like I'm an alcoholic." I replied feeling a little defensive.

"I'm not accusing you okay Kay. I was just kidding. Like we used to before you got weird."

"I got weird? You got weird first. All of a sudden everything was about swimming and the girls you wanted to take to the dance. You never had time for me anymore, I didn't fit into your abercrombie and fitch clique." I threw back.

"I tried to invite you to hang with me but you were always in dance practice or studying. It just got to be too hard to even try."

I felt a sharp pain go through my heart, very similar to the pain I had felt the first time he hadn't turned up to my dance competition. I slid past him and rushed into my room. I really didn't need to deal with this right now. I wasn't 14 anymore and I had buried every emotion tied to Sebastian a long time ago. But here he was digging everything up like a festering corpse.

I went to my dresser to find a new shirt and turned on the most ratchet music I had on my Iphone just to get me out of my funk.


I don't know what it is about ratchet music but it really makes me forget everything that's bothering me and I just have fun and I'll admit it I enjoy twerking a little bit but only in the privacy of my room, I know I have the ass for it and it was just another form of dance. I wouldn't dare bringing that shit in public, it's just so scandalous.


So that's exactly what I did. I turned on Tyga and just let go. After about 10 minutes I heard a knock at my door. I reluctantly opened the door to a sheepish looking Sebastian.

"Yes?" I asked him, hand on hip giving him every ounce of sass I had inside me.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean for it to come out like that." Seb said

"So what did you mean to say?" I wasn't ready to accept the apology quite yet.

"You know, that it was 50/50 but I know that it started because I didn't come to your dance competition and I'm sorry but I was really sore from my swim meet the day before." Seb explained and I couldn't help but be touched by the fact that he remembered missing that competition and that he apologised. "But you never came to ask me why I didn't make it and you just assumed I was off somewhere with some girls or whatever it is you thought of me. So it was both of our faults that we drifted apart." He continued.


I leaned against the door taking in everything he said.

"I suppose I was kinda stubborn." I conceded "But I really did have dance practice whenever you wanted to hang out. Just like whenever I was free you had swim practice.I suppose we were both just being spoiled brats." I said looking at him thoughtfully. We stood there in a comfortable silence but Seb finally broke it when he heard my music.

"So you are into into Tyga? Really?" Seb asked while strolling into my room. I love how he could just do that as if we hadn't been having the most intense conversation 5 seconds ago.

"Yea he's the king of ratchet and I kinda like it in that ironic hipster way." I said with a small smile on my face.

"No I understand." He said lying back on my bed and looking up contemplatively at the ceiling. "Good girl secretly likes to twerk in her room cos she's too scared people will think she's a dirty ho." He looked over at me with a grin on his face and I picked up a pillow to hit him with to cover up the embarrassment on my face. He had hit the nail on the head and I did not need him knowing what I liked to do in my spare time. So I kept hitting him because he deserved it.

"Admit it you're an undercover freak." He called out while trying to defend himself from the impending pillow attack. He suddenly shot up gripping my arms and pinning me to the bed.

"Get of me Seb! This is not fair you weigh like 1000 pounds more than me or some shit!" I shouted, struggling to get out of the compromising situation he had me in.

"Well you should have thought of that before you attacked me!" He said and started tickling me in all the spots he knew were my ticklish spots. "Claim defeat and I'll let you go my fair lady."

"Never!" I shouted while giggling hysterically.

"If thats what you want my lady then prepare to laugh yourself to death."

This was a game we used to play when we were kids but I could always wriggle myself out of his hold back then since we didn't weigh that much different but now he was 6 foot 4 inches and 200 pounds of pure muscle. My measly 5 foot 4 and 140 pounds did not stand a chance against him. So I had to surrender.

"Fine you win Sir D'angelo. Now stop before I actually wet myself!"

He stopped tickling me but he just stayed hovering above me and of course at that moment Boss by Tinashe had to come on. If he thought I was an undercover freak before he would definitely know it now.

I looked up at him expecting him to move but he just stayed there looking back at me with those intense blue eyes that I could never read even when we were kids.

Was he going to make a move? That would be weird. I mean maybe it would be nice but it would most definitely be weird. We hadn't talked in like 4 years and we barely started repairing the damage and now he wants to hook up?! Nope. Not cool. I think? But Deb did say I should enjoy a summer fling and Seb was right here.


But before I could make any real decision I heard the tell tale sounds of our parents entering the house and they had definitely enjoyed a couple bottles of wine. I could tell by how loudly my mum and Deb were carrying on their conversation, as if they were on opposite sides of the house and my dad and Trevor were no help being just as loud and laughing like banshees.


"I think you should probably get of me now." I said looking at Seb. He nodded and got of me. The last thing I needed was for my mum and Deb to see that. They might have just started pulling out the wedding scrapbook they had made for me and Seb when we were kids. I did not have the patience to handle them when they were acting like teenagers.

"Hey that was fun. Maybe we can be cool for the rest of the vacation and actually be friendly with each other?" Seb said with an uncertain look on his face.

"Yea that would be good. We are definitely gonna need to be on each others side if we have to deal with both of our parents when they are together and acting like they are the ones who are 18." I said with a smile.

"Okay night Kay." He said with a smile and walked out my room. I closed my door and settled back into my bed.So 24 hours into this vacation I had reconciled a friendship I thought was dead, at this rate at the end of the holiday I would be planning my honeymoon.

I smiled to myself thinking of his apology and how sweet Seb had been. He was the Seb I used to know, the one who liked playing power rangers with me and discovering secret lands in my back garden and I had no idea how much I had missed that. But there was an underlying tension which felt a little ominous to me.

I turned over and groaned into my pillow. How exactly had my summer turned into some Dawson's Creek storyline?


 

 

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

Hope you like it. I love the reviews guys they are really helpful so keep them coming :D







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.