Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hiiiiii guys :) this is my first ever story, and i am super excited to share it with you today! Dont be too harsh, i appreciate honesty but i would appreciate it if you wernt out wright mean. I dont have an editor so if anyone is interested or have any tips i would be very welcome to that. But here is my story, and i hope yall like! I tried to edit it but i doubt i got everything, sorry!! 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

“Fuck” Mila groaned as phone alarm lit up and vibrated for the 7th time that morning. Mila often had problems with waking up to her alarm; it started her senior year of high school doing her “senior slide” and continued throughout college and even in graduate school. It wasn’t a lack of respect for being on time, she actually hated being late, the problem was she got used to it. Graduate school wasn’t so much of a problem and it helped she always lived within a block of where her classes were but still waking up on time for anything was difficult.

 

“Time to showaa and get my ass to work” Mila said while sighing and getting out of bed.

Mila looked at the clock noticing the red numbers reading 6:07am and screamed into the hall way “HANA DID YOU MAKE BREAKFAST? I CANT SHOWER, DRESS, EAT HEALTHY, AND TAKE THE SUBWAY TO WORK ON TIME TODAY!!”

“Quit your bitchin Mila, being the great fucking friend I am I put some cereal on the table for ya!” Hana yelled from her room.

“THANKS CUTIE, REMIND ME TO BUY YOU SOME STARBUCKS ON THE WAY HOME!”

Mila was a physical therapist working at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital with Hana who was a nurse there as well. Even though they met their freshmen year of college the two roommates hit it off instantly and continued to be friends even as Hana transferred universities. They vowed to become roommates once again and venture out into the world as worker bees. Which they eventually did.

After Mila got out of the shower and dressed in her scrubs she made it to the kitchen where Hana stood reading arts and entertainment section of the newspaper while chewing on some fruit leather.

 

“Can you believe it? A whole new club is opening up this weekend!! And we both have the night off its opening night.” Hana looked at Mila expectantly. “Well Mila, can we go? We haven’t been out in so long, plus we’ve both been losing weight and can totally fit into some sexy dresses! Please, please, please, PRETTY PLEASE MILA”

 

Mila rolled her eyes so Hana could see “Fine Hana we can go, but I don't wanna go and see you making out with some rando ass guy’s while I get stuck in the corner dancing all by myself, NOT COOL” Mila emphasized with her finger pointing at Hana.

 

Hana rolled her eyes while peaking at Mila over her paper. She had to find her bombshell friend a dress to wear to the club their good friend Mickey was promoting. Hana knew about the club opening before reading the paper but decided against letting Mila know because she knew since Mickey yelled at Mila about not believing in herself, and Mila certainly was mad at him. Not because of what he was saying but because she knew it was true and had a hard time accepting complements and overall positivity about her. Mila was a brown goddess; she was around 5 feet 8 inches, beautiful soft face, 36DD chest, an okay backside, and a thin waist she's worked hard for. Her hair was in a long 24 inch weave but only because she loved her short haircut she's had since high school, but too lazy to take care of it, therefore her only option became weave, and damn good ones at that. Sadly the light Hana saw in her bubbly roommate freshmen year has started to drastically dim. Mila wasn’t exactly the person everyone wanted to be, but she always seemed happy and bubbly and like nothing could ever touch her. But to this day Mila has never been in a serious relationship and it makes her doubt her 24 year old self. Mila was in no sense of the word a virgin, she had had sex in high school with a filing but ever since the summer before college it had been a dry spell. Hana never really knew why guys didn’t outwardly expressed their interest of Mila because she was sure guys liked her and some had even expressed it to Hana they were interested the prospects just never went anywhere. It’s not that Mila was abnormal she was just really different; she was outspoken, loud at times, giggly, an awkward mess, but overall a good girl. Hana didn’t understand.

 

Hana stopped her mind rant and decided to get Mila a special dress, one that would make sure she gets some cuties number at the very least on Friday night. She’d ask Mickey for sure, hell he probably could get a dress 10 times faster and in better taste than she could. She decided she would shoot Mickey a quick text before work just to give him a heads up. Hana pulled out her phone and typed in Mickeys number ‘Hey Mickey baby, I'm thinkin we need to make Mila a heart stopper on Friday, I have a feelin about it’ she received a text within minutes ‘bitch didn’t I tell you not to text me this fucking early and on a Monday morning at that’ Hana rolled her eyes as her phone vibrated again ‘duhh I never let my girls leave the house looking crazy, well meet Thursday at 7 at Taco Taco, we eat then shop, COMPRENDE? Don't be fuckin late Hana I’m not playin with you’ ‘my my aren’t we bitchy this morning, your fuck buddy not puttin it down right?’ Hana texted Mickey back, thus ending their usual text banter.

 

“Okay home skillet, lets hit the road so I can keep my day job, strippin isint gonna keep us this comfy ass apartment” Mila joked she wasn’t a stripper, but she figured it would be a better way to meet guys then what she was currently doing which included sitting at home or working out at the gym. She laughed in her head 4 years ago and she would of tried it, but now a days all she wants to do is sleep, oh well she thought. Hopefully Friday will be fun, going out won’t be so bad, as long as Mickey didn’t buy her dress, she figured she better forgive him soon. She figured she could make him sweat a little longer, even though she knew Mickey could honestly care less about her being mad at him. In the midst of her day dreaming, or morning dreaming because it was too damn early for her to be distracted, she noticed Hana staring at her like she was crazy with the apartment keys dangling in her hand and pointing out into hallway. Mila quickly grabbed her bag and water and walked into the hall, flipping Hana the finger on her way.

 

“Maybe that’s why you can’t find a man Mila, YOU’RE SO DAMN RUDE!” Hana screamed after her roommate waiting for the elevator as she locked the door. Hana joined a laughing Mila at the elevator and stared her down; Hana really wasn’t in the mood to go to work and deal with Mila and her weird humor she would never understand. But alas Hana loved just like a sister Mila; they were there for each other when no one else had been.

 

The girls quickly walked on the sidewalk towards the subway while hugging their jackets to their body, it was May but the wind was killing them.

 

“Holy shit, Hana what am I going to wear Friday? I don't have any going out clothes, not since my last minor break down at least” Mila sighed, as they sat down on the subway remembering her latest crying breakdown. They had all went out and Mila felt great, but was approached by absolutely no one, meanwhile Hana was approached twice and Mickey was approached by both men and women at least 5 times. Mila felt unwanted and left out, so the next day she got rid of all her going out clothes thinking she wouldn’t need any of them since she wouldn’t be going out anytime in the near future. She knew she was silly and immature for doing it but everyone has low moments.

 

“Sweetie I texted Mickey this morning, were going to Taco Taco Thursday night and then shopping. Don't be mad because I know you’re still mad at Mickey but he wants to help, we have a good feeling about Friday, we are gonna find you a knock em out dress and make you feel like a princess kay?” Hana sighed and told her friend. Sometimes Hana felt so sorry for Mila knowing what a great person she was, but then she realized that Mila didn’t need people to feel sorry for her she was a strong person she just hoped something soon would help her feel better.

 

“I know you guys mean best so I won’t argue, but let’s meet up for lunch later, sadly we have to work to keep our cozy apartment” Mila said turning away from her roommate and best friend heading to the Physical Therapy section of the hospital.

 

 

 

Mac read the lines again since he didn’t get the content the first 6 times he read them. Mac was in St. Jude Children's Research Hospital with his best friend Jackson and Jackson’s niece Bella. Bella had broken her arm while playing pee wee football a few weeks ago, so today the trio was sitting in the hospital waiting for Bella to start physical therapy.

 

“Bella sweetie close your ears for uncle Mac” Mac cooed at the 5 year old girl, once she complied Mac turned to Jackson “Remind me again why you fucking dragged me to the hospital with you while were supposed to be prepping for this got damn trial, I told you we needed to get this done, but since theirs children EVERYWHERE I can’t focus”

 

“Mate, calm your silly ass down, Bella’s mom called me in tears this morning saying she needed me, it’s been hard since my brothers been overseas, and the trial will be fine! We’ve been over this mess plenty of times” Jackson said moving Bella’s hands so the little girl to let go of her ears.

 

“Bella McAaron” the cute blonde nurse said out loud.

 

“Common Mate, were both going back Bella made me promise in the car that both her Uncles will be back there with her to make sure we met the ‘Psical Terapist doctor Mila’ as she called her” Jackson said with a sign and getting up to walk Bella to the nurse

 

“What the hell Jack, I didn’t agree to all this”

 

Once they got to the more personal back office and the nurse was finished asking Jackson Bella’s medical history the trio was once again alone.

 

“Uncle Mackey! Why are you not excited to be at the doctors? I get toys here all the time I’m sure the doctor can give you a toy too.” Bella squealed excitedly, remembering the last time she was at the doctors with her mommy and she got to pick 2 toys out because she had gotten shots.

 

“That’s okay Bells, I don't need any toys, I need Uncle Jackson to help me win a case” Mac said petting the lil bits head. She was such a cute kid, and he eventually wanted his own, but A. he was loving the single life still and B. he had much more important things to think about like this case him and Jackson were working on. Even though the two were fast friends in college he really didn’t know why they initially liked each other. They were both outwardly playboys, rude, obnoxious, and self-absorbed overall the same jackass. But around each other they were normal easy going guys. Thank god they didn’t have to live together anymore either. They worked for Lithum & Catkins and even though they were young they were both on the fast track to becoming partners at the firm.

 

At 26 Mac Hartford was a stone cold fox, women practically flocked. He was a solid 6 foot 5 inches of pure manliness. He had a big frame (used to play college football). Dark wild hair, he continuously ran his hands through, and dark brown eyes that became black in an instant. Mac was a cool guy to those he let into his circle. Outwardly he seemed like a complete asshole. His parents made sure that he knew what hard work was and that their only child wasn’t spoiled and was educated in the world. Sometimes Mac exploited his outward appearances by dating girls he knew were materialistic and didn’t give a rat’s ass about him, just about his checks. Mac always knew who he was dealing with, he just wanted to be between their legs! Another task he did not mind indulging in, and boy did he produce profound results. Mac was a good guy, he just didn’t want the news of him not truly being cut throat to spread to clients. He had to maintain a good image after all.

 

 

Mila waked into the room with her head down “Hey miss Bella, how are you today? I know last week we just got to know each other now it’s time to play some games and stretch so we can heal your pretty little arm right on up!!” Mila made the mistake of looking up to quickly and gasping as she looked between two of the most handsome men she had seen in a very long time, hell maybe ever she thought.

 

“Hiiiiiii doctor Mila” Bella got up and hugged her doctor.  “This is my uncle Jackson, and my other Uncle Mac” Bella said pulling the doctor all the way inside the room and pointing to the men as she said their names.

 

“Hello doctor Mila, Bella and her Mom said you were pretty, but I'm not so sure that does you justice” Jackson said putting on his best smile and charm while shaking the gorgeous doctor’s hand “Like the little bit said I'm Jackson and this is my best friend and coworker Mac”.

“Hello! Pleased to meet you both, sorry I rushed in here in such a hurried manor” Mila said embarrassed. But because she had a job to do and she wanted to hurry it along because the intense dark eyes of Mac she thought his name was, kept staring at her. What was his problem? Could he not speak? Mila thought to herself. Well it’s time to get to business she decided pushing her glasses higher on her face and starting to talk to the little girl.

 

 

“Thanks for the 5 toys doctor Mila” Bella screamed while hugging Mila.

“No problem sweetie, but remember I was only supposed to give you one so don't tell anybody okay?” Mila smiled at the girl remembering how well she took directions and how absolutely adorable she was. “Okay doctor Mila, we have a secret now” the little girl turned away into her uncles legs smiling.

 

“Until next time miss Mila” Jackson waved again, making Mila blush for the thousandth time that visit. “Bye guys” Mila said again, but she meant it even more to Mac who had said a total of 5 words this last hour, but Mila didn’t remember a time during the visit he wasn’t staring holes into her. Do I have something in my teeth or something? Mila wondered as she got a page signaling her next patient was in.

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

How was it? please rate and give some opinions and anything you want to see. I should be adding the next chapter within 24 hours!







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.