Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chris Moore sighed and sat on a chair as she studied the stack of letters on her coffee table and opened yet another bill.

''Things are going to get better" She muttered with her head in her hands. Just last week she paid for a new work uniform that cost $60 and now the bills she'd paid in advance seemed to have caught up with her again.

At 22 years old she worked at magoriums restaurant for the last two years picking up as much shifts as she could. Keeping a roof over her head and not having to rely on anyone was her main drive, the extra shifts no one wanted made that possible.


She loved her apartment but hated the feeling of lonliness that being home alone brought on. It made her think too much, dwell on her past and become afraid.
Afraid that everything she'd established would be snatched away from her and she would become what Nessa expected.

Flashback...

Chris crept towards the stairs and prayed she wouldnt hear but lost her footing on the second step and knew the game was up. "Christine get in here." Nessa shouted drunkenly from the kitchen. Chris stood in the doorway and watched her trying unsuccessfully to light her cigarette. She gave up and stared at her foster daughter in digust before slurring "You need to start contributing to this family, you've been livin' free too long." Chris  kept her eyes glued to the floor so she would'nt aggravate her. "Answer me you ungrateful child.  I should have left your ass in that foster home." Nessa wasn't talking about any normal job like working at a burger joint, she wanted her to work at Rays a strip joint. Since her husband paul died she had become even bitterer than before demeaning any chance she got and squashing any budding happiness. "Rays would be perfect. The streets or a club is a calling for girls like you." Although it hurt and shamed Chris she was almost becoming immune to all the insults and sly digs dished out by Nessa. Since she turned twenty,it was a daily occurance but this time she hadn't gotten violent or threatened to kick her out.

Chris shook her head violently to clear the fog of the past and took two deep breaths before turning on her small television.





Chapter End Notes:

This is my first story so feedback please :)







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.