Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is in third person omniscient, the rest of the story will be told in Minnie's or Kyle's P.O.V.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Chapped Lips &  Clumsy Boys

 Why Don’t We Fall In Love – Amerie

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a5;a5;a5;a5;a5;a5;a5;a5;a5;a5;a5;a5;a5;a5;

 

 

The sun was high in the afternoon sky  as crimson and golden leaves fluttered around the girl with the sparkly backpack. Her ebony hair bounced as her naturally plump hips swayed side to side; her waist long hair had so much movement that it attracted attention. Her tiny boot clad feet seemed to slap the pavement as she ventured towards the one place that seemed to bring her comfort. A small diner that not many people seemed to enter, but those who did were always in for a treat. After being up rooted from her small town in Georgia, the tiny southern girl missed her grandma’s good home cooking and this small diner seemed to be the closet to her grandma’s cooking as it got. So everyday around five, she made sure to stop by and enjoy the much needed southern cooking. And after two months of frequently going to the diner, she was offered a part time job as a waitress .  

Opening the door, she was instantly greeted with warm smiles and mouth watering scents. Nodding at customers as she walked around the counter and straight to the back, where Glenda waited with a large smile on her face. Almost afraid to ask, Glenda told the younger girl all about this white boy who’d now be working with them. Raising an eyebrow after Glenda finished her daily bit of gossip, the girl was done and now dressed in the typical diner attire.  A loose white button down tucked into a navy blue and maroon plaid plaited skirt with black bobby socks and oxfords. She pulled her hair back into a perfect ponytail and secured it with a black hair tie before placing a maroon bow above it. Grabbing her apron, she pinned her name-tag on her chest.

Heading out of the ladies locker-room, she grabbed a note-pad and headed out towards the front of the diner where customers sat enjoying food. Quickly walking over to one of her tables, she began talking to the lovely couple and quickly took their order. Then off she went to her next table and took some more orders.

 

Now resting at the counter, she gently laughed at a joke that Al, the cook, had made about the busier than normal buzz around the small diner. Slightly turning in her seat her eyes rested on the new bus-boy at Southern Comfort. He was at least 6 feet tall with short dark brown hair that seemed to be flattened to his head due to wearing a beanie all day , her wore glasses and from his attire he had the whole hipster thing down to a t. But one thing for sure was that the boy was kind of awkward and clumsy. When he had first came out and bused her table, he nearly tripped over his feet and when she went to help him, he fell all over his words. And for the past hour he had been busing tables with no problems. Turning back to Al, she saw the knowing look in his eyes and that made her frown. She rolled her dark amber eyes and slipped out of her seat at the sign of a new customer.

It was closing time, Glenda and Al had left, which left her and the new boy to clean and lock up. She had changed back into her stripped top, black leggings, and tan knee-high lace-up riding boots. Sweeping the floor as she counted up the cash. The boy looked up and watched as she swept a fallen piece of hair back behind her ear as she counted out the tickets before placing them into a box. His cheeks instantly heated as her dark eyes peered into his more toffee colored orbs. He carefully watched as her smooth pink tongue ran across her chapped dark pink lips. The broom in his hand fell to the floor with a clank as he savored that image in his head.

She stifled a giggle as she watched him try and pick the broom up, but he kept failing and would look up at her with such embarrassment in his eyes. Finally he got the broom and finished sweeping and she had finished the rest of the requirements to shutting down the diner. Grabbing her bag off of the counter, she walked around the counter and towards the door where she waiting for him to come along. He finally put up the broom and other cleaning supplies as he joined her at the door. Stepping out of the glass door, she turned and locked the triple locks. Then stood by the door for a moment, before turning to say goodbye to him.

But he was already ten blocks away from her. Sighing, she hailed a cab and told him the address to her house. The cab drives eyebrows shot up in surprise as she told him her address; he was so surprised that he asked her to repeat it. Rolling her eyes she settled into the worn out leather seat, that had a foul scent. Pulling out her phone, she let her father know that she was on her way home and that he didn’t need to wait up for her.

Once the cab had dropped her off, she headed through the glass and bronze doors that Ben, the door-man, pulled open for her. Through the lobby were Alice sat behind her desk typing away at her computer, into the elevator. She went all the way to the top loft, that took up the entire top floor. Placing her key into the button, it opened the door and her father and step-mother were seated by the fire enjoying wine and laughing up a storm. Once her tired face entered their line of view, they seemed to quiet down and take in the sleepy teen. Her hair naturally was big with very large waves, her heart-shaped face was still pudgy with her rosy cheeks and droopy eyes. She gave them a slight nod, before shuffling to her room and falling asleep  on her bed, without removing her clothes. Peaking his head into the room of his little angel, he took  in the large fuzzy pink letter’s that spelt out  Minnie. Shifting his eyes down to his little girl, his heart tightened at the sight of her soundly sleep with all of her clothes on. Turning her light off he backed out of her room and turned back to his wife, whose crystal eyes slowly began to burn with passion.  

While they enjoyed a night of passion,  Minnie laid in her bed with vivid dreams. Those toffee colored eyes instantly had her attention and now she laid in bed with dreams of him.

That boy named Kyle.

 

 

 

 

a5;a5;a5;a5;a5;a5;a5;a5;a5;a5;

 

Ok I hope that you enjoyed this story, Please do give feedback.

 






Chapter End Notes:

Hope you enjoyed and please to give feed back!







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.