[Reviews - 41] starstarstarstarstarPrinter
Summary:

"I wouldn't do that if I were you" is usually taken as unwanted advice. Sometimes, it's a mild warning. But once in a while, it's a threat.

 

Nikki James moved to Hopen Island as a way of burying her head in the sand after her life became one colossal fail. The one time she decides to throw caution to the wind may just be her last. Ever. Will she heed the advice so many other's ignored?

 

*** While working on the story, I listened to my Lorde station on Pandora (and a bit of AWOL Nation). The music totally set the mood for me, and it might do the same for you :) ***


Rated: Mature Content
Categories: Original Fiction
Characters: None
Classification: None
Genre: Mystery, Suspense
Story Status: Active
Pairings: None
Warnings: Adult Situations, Character Death, Dark Fic, Original Characters, Un-betaed , Work in Progress
Series: None
Chapters: 14 Completed: No Word count: 34050 Read: 72451
Published: July 20 2013 Updated: February 28 2015
Story Notes:

All original characters and locations of this story are the creative and intellectual property of The Author. Any and all reposts, reproductions, etc. are prohibited unless given permission by The Author.

 

 

1. Prologue - Purpose Driven by jojo83 [Reviews - 11] starstarstarstarstar (396 words)

This is the first time I've ever submitted my writing. I'd love to know what you think...but please be gentle haha!

2. Chapter 1 - Destiny and Demise by jojo83 [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (2086 words)

3. Chapter 2 - Mismatched by jojo83 [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (2843 words)

First, THANK YOU!! The response I've gotten thus far was much more than I was expecting. But I'm glad you're getting as much fun and enjoyment from this as I am :) Hope I didn't keep you waiting on this chapter. Had to wait until my unofficial beta-reader (aka the hubby) was able to proofread for me. Here it is... Enjoy!

4. Chapter 3, pt. 1 - Bitter Sweet by jojo83 [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (1239 words)

I divided this chapter because I had to take a break to plan my daughter's birthday party. Hopefully I'll be able to follow up with part 2 soon. Enjoy :)

5. Chapter 3 pt. 2 - Duty Calls by jojo83 [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (2366 words)

So very sorry for the delay, and having to stretch chapter 3 out. I had to break from my schedule for a bit there. Hopefully this will make up for it.

6. Chapter 4 - Pleased to Meet You by jojo83 [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (3295 words)

So very sorry about the delay. I'm trying to stick to a schedule, but sometimes life interrupts. I'll do my best to keep the time between updates as short as possible :)

7. Chapter 5 - Kiss Me, Kill Me by jojo83 [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (3331 words)

Sorry for making you wait...please enjoy :)

8. Chapter 6 - I Want Your Body by jojo83 [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (3979 words)

Mea culpa, mea culpa... I know I'm taking longer, but the more this develops, the more time i spend making sure all of the people and clues fall into place. It probably doesn't help that I'm more of a 'stream of consciousness' writer. But please know, I am writing more than I'm slacking off :)

9. Chapter 7 - The Way to a Girl's Heart by jojo83 [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (2747 words)

So, this one is shorter, but for good reason. I loved the feel of this chapter so much, it was hard for me to make the first part marry iwth the second and do it seamlessly. So, I stopped forcing it and split the two. Hope you approve :)

10. Chapter 8 - A Lonely Heart's Obsession by jojo83 [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (3483 words)

This one I couldn't wait to write...and once I got started the words just seemed to come rushing out. AND I've given myself a ton of ideas for the next chapter or two (at least). Hope you like it :)

11. Chapter 9 - Wolf:Sheep::Fox:Hen by jojo83 [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (2886 words)

Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry for making you wait so long! The further the story develops, the more I find myself self-checking over and over again to make sure that it's moving in a logical and entertaining direction. That, and the fact that my everyday life is not allowing for much free time :( I'll try to do better (with Veiled and Follow) and get back on schedule with my updates. For now, though, enjoy!

12. Chapter 10 - Finally by jojo83 [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (2515 words)

Ooooo it's gettin gooood!!!

13. Mea Culpa by jojo83 [Reviews - 0] (166 words)

See, what had happened was...

14. Chapter 11 - Promises to Keep by jojo83 [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (2718 words)

As promised...Enjoy!

 

And I'll stay up through the night / Let's be clear, won't close my eyes / And I know that I can survive / I'll walk through fire to save my life. --Sia, Elastic Heart

 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.