Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


“Shit Shit Shit” Shanna screamed hitting the steering wheel of her 98 Jeep Cherokee. Shanna looked in the rearview mirror and saw nothing. All that was fucking missing was tumbleweed. It was pitch black outside and there wasn’t a car in sight. Didn’t this highway have any daggone street lights? Shana picked up her Samsung S4 and checked if she had any bars. At least something was going her way, they may not have lights but they had cell towers. Shanna pressed the button and waited.

 

“Hello?” her mother picked up the phone.

 

“Hi Ma it’s me Shanna. Sorry to call so late can I talk to Daddy?”

 

“Shanna do you know what time it is? Do you know that your father has work in the morning? What do you think that we won the lotto and forgot to tell you? Tell me what’s going on or I’m not waking your father for your foolishness.”

 

“Mom I’m stuck out on route 420. My tire blew out and I don’t have a spare.”

 

“You don’t have a spare! You don’t have a spare because you chose to buy a handbag instead of being responsible. You don’t have AAA because you said you couldn’t afford to spend $20.00 a month but then you come to visit with a $600 phone. It is time you got your priorities in order and get responsible. Your 22 years old I was a mother and a wife by that time and you can’t even wipe your own ass. You know what figure it out. You’re an adult act like it. Good Night.” She railed into the phone before hanging up.

 

“Shanna looked at the $600 phone in her hand and shook her head.” That went well.” Shanna rifled through her large Louis Vuitton bag and picked up her go pink for breast cancer pepper spray. She didn’t know what to do but just sitting there made her feel like prey. Thank God she had worn her flat shoes. She walked out and went out to really survey the damage. She was kind of hoping her dad would take care of it.

 

 

“This is much worse than I thought. “She muttered surveying the tattered tire. Maybe it wasn’t the best idea to keep on driving on it for as long as she did. But she really hoped there would be a service station, gas station something but no such luck.
As she crouched down to get a better look she heard a rustling a little further down the road.

“Hello is anyone there? Hello?”

Growling

 

“Oh shit” she hissed rising quickly from the crouched position. She used the light from her phone to try to catch a glimpse of what was out there. Damn why hadn’t she downloaded that flashlight app that Elaine had told her about. Oh yeah she thought it was stupid. The growling was getting more pronounced whatever was out there was getting closer. She was debating between gunning it for the door but didn’t dogs take running as aggressive. Oh God suppose it wasn’t a dog. That thought alone caused her to begin to shake. Suddenly she noticed large hazel eyes that seemed luminous coming towards her. Decision made she gunned it to the door grasping the handle she pulled stumbling back since the door didn’t give. Shit she locked her keys in the car. Could this night get worse?

 

As the form of a rather large dog pierced through the night Shanna gulped realizing that yes this night could get worse because as the snarling animal rushed towards her she threw her phone to ward it away. That’s when realized it wasn’t a dog. “You’re a wolf” was her last thought before her head hit the floor.

Shanna opened her eyes completely expecting to be laid out on the side of the road but instead she was snuggling into a very large bed with a soft down pillow under her head.

 

“So you’re up? Do you have a headache? A name? Any common sense?” Gage asked the beautiful yet stupid woman he found on his nightly run. He had hoped to startle her into her car in the attempt to keep her safe. Just because he wouldn’t attack a lone woman stranded didn’t mean others wouldn’t.

 

“Excuse me. What’s your name or should I just call you ass.”

 

“Gage the name is Gage and considering you are living off my hospitality I’d be a little less mouthy.”

 

“Mouthy!!! You, You! I happen to get a flat tire.”

 

“ It’s called AAA.”

 

 

“God if one more person says AAA.

 

“It is not safe for a woman to be out and about alone on a deserted highway.”

 

“Like I said I got a flat. Listen by any chance have you seen my phone.”

 

“The one you hurled at me before you ate dirt.”

 

“A gentlemen would not bring that up.” Shanna huffed.

 

“Well of all the things I am a gentlemen is not one of them.”

 

His answer gave Shanna pause and she decided to take a look around her surroundings when something he said caught her attention. “You were out there? Was that your dog because I thought I threw my phone at a friggin huge white wolf? Like this thing was huge and had I mean like glowing hazel eyes. I mean the eyes were …like yours” her voice fading out as she noted the similarity.






Chapter End Notes:

Please read and review. This is my attempt at the lonley highway challenge. I am over the word count. I suck I know. Thanks for reading.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.