Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


With my eyes shut tightly, I took a much needed deep breath. My hand was trembling as I held on to the door handle, afraid to open it.

In hopes of gaining some courage, I took another deep breath, this time through my nostrils.

Breathe Alaia. Breathe.

Why was I acting in such a manor? I was used to these cooperate offices and men in tuxedos that held themselves in a respectable, professional manor. What I wasn't used to was men in tight jeans, covered in tattoos, that tended to party just as hard and much as they worked. But hey, it was all part of the job that I attended for years in college for.

One last time.

Breathe Alaia.

Finally gaining a bit of courage, my hand instinctively stopped shaking as I turned the knob and swung the door open.

"Alaia! Welcome!" My boss Franklyn clamped his heavy hands together as he got up from his seat at the glass table.

"Mr. Jones." I mumbled, keeping my head down at all costs.

Let's just say... I wasn't very good with meeting new people. Socializing just wasn't my thing.

Franklyn flattened out his thousand dollar suite with those sweaty palms of his. "Dreading Mayhem, meet your new assistant, Alaia White. Alaia, meet Oliver, Sam, Matt, Ricky, and Ben."

After the introduction, all five men rose from their own seats. This action gave me no choice but to raise my head and look up.

Just as I predicted. Tattoos, leather jackets, tight jeans, the whole ordeal.

The shortest one was the first to shake my hand. He had sandy brown hair, nice blue eyes, and a friendly smile. "Hi, I'm Sam."

I nodded curtly.

"I'm Matt!" Matt was definitely a cutie. With a deep voice, piercing blue eyes, and a nice complexion. He was also a pretty sick drummer.

"Ricky." Ricky seemed almost as shy as I was. He was standing in the corner of the room, his voice as soft and gentle as a summer breeze.

"Alaia." A guy with wavy brown hair and forest green eyes approached me. He had a lip piercing, which surprisingly brought out his supple pink lips.

"My name is Ben." Ben smirked at me, before placing my hand in his own and pressing his lips to the skin. "It is very nice to meet you." He winked at me.

I cleared my throat awkwardly and took a step back, my eyes falling to the floor.

"I'm Oliver." The warmest voice I'd come to known had spoken. My head involuntarily poked up on its own. There he was. Oliver Cruise, the lead singer. He was tallest of them all. Well over six foot, with sun-kissed tan skin, colorful, creative tattoos covering his arms, neck, and chest, chestnut brown hair he wore in a fashionable style which reached his forehead, and let's not forget his warm brown eyes and cheeky grin. He was beautiful. Something about the way he carried himself was undeniably lovable and charming.

Instantly, I found myself attracted to him. This made me more nervous. I swallowed hard and drifted my eyes once again.

"Well, gentlemen," Franklyn spoke, catching all of our attention, "As you know, Alaia will be going on tour with your band for the next four months. She will be there to provide you with everything you need, and assist you with everything that comes life on tour. Understood?"

The guys either nodded or agreed. While this was all news to me.

Yes, I knew I would become the band's new assistant. What I didn't know, was that I had to live with them every waking moment, for the next four months.
Was I ready or even cut out for this? I pushed those negative thoughts aside quickly. This was my job. I was a professional. Wether I was prepared or not, I had already committed to this assignment. No backing out now. Unless, I wanted to lose my internship. Which quite frankly, wasn't on the agenda.

"Right then. You leave first thing in the morning." Franklyn was now making his way to the door, but before he reached it, he glanced back at us, "I would suggest you boys take some time to get to know Alaia better. Make her feel welcome. She's a sweetheart." Franklyn flashed a thin smile before exiting.

Everyone of them were looking at me now. This made me so uncomfortable that I felt my hands shaking again. My inevitable habit when I'm nervous.

"She looks scared." Ben was the first to speak as he sat back in the chair, propping his feet up on the very expensive, glass table. When I didn't reply, he opened his mouth again, "Hello?!" He waved an arm in the air, "Do you speak English?"

My eyebrows simultaneously pushed together as I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly. But still, I didn't speak.

"I think we have a mute on our hands." Ben's laugh almost made me cringe.

Sam rolled his eyes and he shoved Ben's arm. "Leave her alone, Ben. She's just shy, is all..." At least someone seemed to understand me.

A chill ran down my spine. The kind of chill one receives when they know someone is watching them. The fact that this was the man I was most attracted to, made me shake even more. I chewed onto my bottom lip and shifted my weight from one foot to the other. I desired to look up, into those warm brown eyes. But I could practically feel the intensity pouring out of him and onto me. All from a simple look. I wouldn't dare lift my head.

"She's lovely."












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.