Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Professional obligations fulfilled, Spock began to feel Nyota's absence keenly. Busy social events such as this were more comfortable with her beside him. He searched the crowd, but even for a tall man, it was not easy to find her on this planet of equally tall people. He paused and opened his mind to her. Nyota's side of the mental bond was subdued, sad. Spock frowned, unsettling a few people nearby who immediately pretended that they had not been staring at him.

"Spock." Dr. McCoy stood behind him with a glass in one hand.

"Doctor?"

"Yonder," the doctor said, gesturing with his drink towards a corridor.

"Thank you, Leonard." Feeling his shoulders relax, Spock inclined his head, then turned and strode away.
McCoy sighed. "I'm a doctor, not a relationship counselor. But I might could moonlight as one." He moved back into the crowd. Maybe he could convince Sulu and Scotty into going out on the town later.

...

Light reflected from the planet's two closest moons shone through a tall window, revealing the surprising sight of wall shelving filled with books in various formats: old-style Earth books made from paper, discs, tablets, strips of basketry with pieces of shell woven into them. Nyota walked around the room, admiring the effort to create an old-fashioned library. Plush upholstered furniture, thick carpets, and large floor pillows invited visitors to linger.


A fireplace glowed warmly in the center of one wall. The fire wasn't real, of course; this was a heavily forested planet and people were obsessed with safety. If one pushed a switch, gases sealed behind protective glass flickered to life behind an orange-tinted protective panel. The fire panel was convincing enough to make this refuge feel cozy. Nyota pulled a large pillow in front of the fire and sat down.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.