Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 photo dominic_zps25bc4764.jpg     photo wow_zps81012386.jpg




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Dominic has been staring at his backyard for the past hour. There's nothing interesting about it, it's just an open green field.

He does this every day after his morning workout and coffee. A run on the treadmill, push-ups, and black coffee followed by a morning enjoying the sun. He doesn't know why, it's just become a habit. Today he's been staring longer than usual because things seem off. Something feels weird about today.

Something is back here. He can feel it so he's watching, waiting to catch it.

In the corner of his eye he catches movement near the trees. Something blue and fast. He stands up looking for the source of movement.

It's woman. A small woman with blue hair picking flowers from his yard.

"This is private property," Dominic marches up to the young woman.

"I can see why, this place is gorgeous." The woman stands and twirls around on long brown legs unphased by his presence.

"How did you get here? There's an 8ft fence and a security system," it's impossible to slip though undetected. He's made sure of that.

"You're already in the middle of nowhere, why the hell do you need an 8ft fence?" She falls in the grass giggling. "It's such a pretty day," she smiles up at him.

"Who are you?" Dominic bends down and cocks his head at the wonder gazing up.

"Think real hard. I'm sure you'll figure it out." She closes her eyes and raises her head toward the sun.

"Another, of course." He sighs, this isn't the first time he's saw people that weren't there, he's learned it's best to just play along. She must be the fourth hallucination he's had since the accident and the most real by far. The others were transparent, like ghosts. They were repetitive and never lasted more than a week. He'll play along for now until his mind tires of her and she leaves. They always go away eventually.

"What's with the blue hair?" His other hallucinations looked normal and plain. This one is bright and kind of weird.

"You tell me. I'd much prefer purple," she shrugs.

"What about the clothes?"

"What about them?" She tugs at her rainbow sweater.

"They're odd..." Not something his mind would normally conjure up.

"Leave them alone, I happen to like them." His hallucinations don't usually tell him what to do.

"I'm not like the others. Stop comparing us," she lets out an exaggerated sigh. So she reads his mind, he's not surprised. She's pretty much a figment of his imagination so of course she knows what he's thinking.

"You look like a fairy," her blue hair and pastel colors made her look otherworldly.

"Because clearly that's what you're into," she chuckles.

"You gonna tell me why you're here?" His hallucinations usually have a reason for appearing. Could be his med dosage is too high or too low. Sometimes because he's not getting enough sleep. But he's sure he's been taking care of himself and he thought the med dose was finally right.

"Soon as you tell me," she smiles. Dominic sighs, they never have answers.

"So what's your name?" They always come with names.

"I don't know. You haven't named me yet," she says as though it was common knowledge. He's never named them before.

"You'll be gone by Friday so no point in that." Dominic knows he can wait this out. He can ignore her and go about his day.

"Who says I'm going anywhere?" She stands dropping her flowers.

"Well, you're not real so you can't stay. You have an expiration date whether you like it or not."

"I can do whatever I want," she cuts her eyes at him. "You'll learn." He just shakes his head. This one is bossy.






Chapter End Notes:

I wrote this for a class and the prompt was imaginary friend, so I kind of did that with a twist. I also had to cram as much info into as few words as possible with an open ending. Anyway there's 10 chapters, all of which are very short.

This story is pretty fluffy and sexless... sorry guys. 

Regardless I hope you guys enjoy this and I plan on posting the next chapter soon

Haven't turned in the assignment yet (Isn't due for a while) so reviews are super helpful so I can improve it

THANK YOU!!







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.