Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


“What do you mean my husband is an Asgardian prisoner?!” Queen Leidr shouted at Senta and her brothers.

“But mother, We-“ Bani was cut off by Leidr’s shrill shouting.

“Do not ‘but mother’ me! It was your duty to protect Muspelheim in the name of Surtur, and you have failed your father. All of you!” She said, her hard eyes landing on Senta. “And you! You sold your father out for an Asgardian. You are an embarrassment to the kingdom. If I had it my way, you would be dead.” She spat at Senta. Senta didn’t flinch at her cold words because she was used to being tormented by the queen, being the product of Surtur’s infidelity.

“Mother, that is harsh.” Vigr said, while wrapping his arms around Senta protectively. Senta loved her brothers even though they were her half-brothers. They loved her just the same. Vigr being the youngest of Surtur’s children, he looked up to his brothers, but he looked up to Senta as well for her compassion and curiousity, though she was just as deadly as any other warrior.

“She is lucky she lives to this day. I would have her killed a long time ago.” Leidr spat before stalking off.

Senta glared at her retreating figure, “If I am not wanted here, then I will go.” She said angrily to her brothers.

Bani shook his head, “Where will you go, sister?” He asked her.

“I could go to Alfheim to be with my mother.” She told him. “Maybe even live a life on Midgard.”

“They would never accept you even if you’re a half elf.” Bilstyggr said.

“We will see, brothers.” She said, going to her bedchamber.

 

 ***

 

Loki paced around his cell, Thor nor had Odin paid him a visit. He and Surtur discussed the plan telepathically so Heimdall wouldn’t ruin this plan. He had agreed to marrying Senta, as long as it got him out of the cell and back into the palace walls.

The doors opened to the prison, hearing the loud steps of none other than Thor. Loki didn’t think he’d ever come. His brother’s face was hard as he glared at Loki. Still hurt that Loki lied to him, he would never see Jane again, their father was on the verge of another Odinsleep, and Loki was to blame.

“Brother, I didn’t think you’d ever pay me a visit.” Loki said smartly, though his face was blank. Thor didn’t care about his wellbeing at the moment, he only wanted to tell Loki what his sentence was.

“Loki, you are to be executed for treason. Your treacherous lies got you into this, and now you shall pay for it.” Thor’s voice boomed, he watched as Loki’s face dropped into a scowl.

“You would watch as I die…again, brother?” Loki growled. “While you left me on that vast wasteland in Svartalfheim. All for the love of your life.” Thor’s face dropped at the mention of Jane.

“You will not speak of Jane! Not when you know nothing about love!” Thor shouted.

“Oh, I do, brother.” Loki said smiling sadly. Thor had thought he was talking about Frigga, he was right in a way, but what Loki said next shocked him. “Besides Frigga, I had someone else to love me.”

“Who?” Thor’s curiosity peaked.

“My daughter.” Surtur said, shocking Thor even more. He turned to face Surtur, confused. Thor then remembered the princess of Muspelheim, fighting his army with skill.

Loki nodded, “We were betrothed, brother. I truly love her, and I want to be there for my future child.” Loki lied with ease. Thor’s face softened, his brother had a child on the way, maybe this would make Loki see reason, and stop his evil ways.

“I am not happy about it, Asgardian, but I love my daughter and I will love my grandchild.” Surtur said, sitting in his cell.

“I could talk to father about this. I’m sure father would want you in your child’s life and your future wife. But know this, brother, if you deceive me again, this time you will die by my hands. That is a promise.” Thor said, releasing Loki from his cell, but he placed the handcuffs on Loki, still not trusting him.

Loki took that moment to speak to Surtur telepathically, “Once your daughter arrives, I will release you.”

“I’ll be waiting, Laufeyson.” Surtur replied.

 

*** 

 

Asmund stood outside of Senta’s door, waiting for her to come out. They were supposed to take a walk around the palace so he could ask for her hand personally. After asking her father for permission to take her hand, Surtur was happy to give Senta away to an outstanding warrior, and he believed he would make an even better husband to his daughter. Asmund had his eyes set on the princess since he saw her training with her brothers. He got on well with her brothers, so they approved of him. Senta was just stubborn though, she didn’t want to marry him. He would make her see that they are meant to be for each other. He was going to treat her like the princess she is.

“Why am I graced by your presence, Asmund?” Senta asked. He looked her over, admiring the dress she wore today. If they were married, he’d strip her from her thin gowns every night and sheath himself inside of her. He watched as she walked ahead of him, swaying her hips seductively.

“Speak now, before I rip your eyes out for staring at me in such a manner.” She threatened. He smirked at her feisty behavior, while following her.

“Shall we take a walk around the palace, milady?” He asked, grabbing her hand, and kissing it gently. She snatched it away.

“I’ve walked around this palace many a time.” She said.

He nodded, “Yes, but this day shall be a day you’ll remember.” Asmund said, smiling down at her.

So she agreed to take a walk with the nuisance named Asmund. They walked around in silence, it was an uncomfortable silence, but Senta would rather he not talk. That is, until he opened his mouth.

“You were very brave on the battlefield, Senta.” He said. She nodded. “Although you looked amazing, you were very foolish to have done what you did yesterday.”

Before she could tell him off, she heard her father’s voice in her head. “My daughter, I have bad news.” Maybe he was being put to death, or he would be a prisoner forever. What could it be? What are they doing to my father? She thought.

“What is it, father?” She asked him, disregarding Asmund.

“You won’t be marrying Asmund.” He said sullenly. If she could jump for joy right now, she would, but she stopped walking.

“What’s wrong, darling?” Asmund asked, the word ‘darling’ made her sick when he said it. She waved her hand dismissively, focusing on Surtur’s voice.

“But there is some good to this.” Surtur said. “Tell me, father. By all means, tell me.” She said excitedly.

“You will marry the Asgardian, Loki Laufeyson, in exchange for my freedom.” He said.

Senta didn’t have to think about the answer, she immediately agreed. “Yes, father! I’ll do it…for your freedom.” She said, trying not to sound too excited. She’s seen the Asgardian, Loki. He was interesting to look at. He captivated her.

“I will see you soon, daughter.” She heard her father say, before listening to Asmund again.

“I’m sorry, what did you say?” She asked.

“I said,” He got on one knee, “Will you be my beautiful wife?” He didn’t even wait for her answer, he slipped a ring over her finger. Looking up to her while smiling, she grimaced at him.

“No, I will not marry you. You are a chauvinistic, misogynistic pig. The thought of spending my days with you, makes me sick to my stomach.” She said, pulling the ring off, and giving it back to him. She would’ve tossed it in the fountain of lava, but she wasn’t that cruel. He had took the time to find a ring, so she would give him the benefit to give it to someone else.

He gripped her arm tightly, pushing her against the wall. “You will marry me, Senta!” He growled. “If you don’t, you’ll get hurt. And I’m sure your brothers do not want to see their sister hurt.”

“Are you threatening a princess?” She asked, challenging him.

“I’m making you a promise, princess.” He growled lowly. “Now, accept my proposal.” He shoved the ring in her hand, and she tossed it in the lava this time. Getting angry and frustrated by her stubbornness, Asmund raised his hand to slap her. With the speed of a viper, Senta pulled out her dagger, and slicing off the hand he had raised up. Stunned as the black blood gushed from his wound, Asmund looked at his hand that was now lying on the ground in a pool of blood.

“Next time, you will think twice before trying to strike me.” She said before walking off to find her brothers.

 

 

Bani and Bilstyggr searched the palace for Asmund, and Vigr tried to prevent his sister and mother from getting into another fight.

“How dare you wound a warrior of Muspelheim! He wanted to marry you, you of all demons, and you slice his hand off!” Leidr screamed.

“He was about to strike me because I refused his proposal. Though, I don’t have to explain myself to you.” Senta said with crossed arms.

“Your father will be very disappointed in you! You’ve ruined your chance to be married to a warrior.” Leidr said with disgust in her eyes as she eyed the young princess.

“I’ve ruined nothing, for I am marrying an Asgardian.” She said shocking both Vigr and Leidr.

“Senta, please tell me you are jesting, or at least saying this out of spite because you’re mad at Asmund.” Vigr said. Senta shook her head, “I wish it were a jest, but it is not. Father wants his freedom, and the only way he can get freedom is if I marry an Asgardian.” She said.

 

 ***

 

Thor and Loki stood by their father’s bedside as he was now in the Odinsleep again. Maybe it won’t last forever, maybe he’d wake up, but Thor knew that he was now the king of Asgard. Loki looked off to the side, not looking at his father.

“Look at what you’ve done to our father, Loki. You have put him in the Odinsleep for a second time. Mother is not here to stay by his side.” Thor said, making Loki feel guilty, though he hated Odin with a passion.

“Loki, look at me.” Thor demanded. Loki hesitantly looked at his brother’s sullen face. “Promise me that you’ll make an effort to help me take care of father. If you want to keep your place as a prince of Asgard, you would do this. You have already lost my trust as a brother, do not miss this chance at redemption.” Loki sighed, then nodded.

“Besides, you still have to meet my future wife.” Loki said with a small smile. Thor grunted.

“I’ve seen your future wife on the battlefield of Muspelheim. Though is a demon, she is as skilled as Sif.

“Would you like to come with me to retrieve my love?” Loki asked.

 

“I am right behind you.” Thor said, “We shall go to Muspelheim, and bring your future wife to Asgard.”






Chapter End Notes:

Senta's dress

 

Asmund







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.