Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Happy New Year everyone! I'm working on my own book right now but I had the sudden urge to start working on a Vampire Diaries fanfic because I LOVE the show so much. I have also always liked the idea of Bonnie/Damon being together and I thought the writers had the perfect opportunity to make their relationship happen this pass season. Since they didn't, I'm going to put my own spin on things.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Bonnie didn’t know that vampires could be so gentle. Though it was odd feeling Damon’s cool fingers in her hair, she didn’t dare make any sudden movements or swat his hand away. For one, she didn’t want to cause him to accidentally crush in her skull. She also found herself enjoying the contact. If she closed her eyes she could pretend that it was Jeremy she was snuggling up with on the couch. But Bonnie didn’t close her eyes. She didn’t pretend.

 

Thinking about her boyfriend made her heart ache because she didn’t know if she would ever see him again. Though that’s not the only reason why she tried to keep Jeremy out of her thoughts. For the past couple of days, even though the date never changed, her dreams did. Each night she found herself in different scenarios, some were action packed, others were romantic, and her latest, the one she just woke from, was extremely steamy. The one thing they all had in common was that they starred a certain blue eyed vampire.

 

Bonnie never dreamed about him before. Except maybe the one time when she dreamt that she had set him on fire. That time she woke with a smile on her face, but this time was different. This time she didn’t know how to feel. She knew it was wrong to dream about her best friend’s boyfriend in such an intimate way especially since she was, despite having been away from him for a long time, in a relationship with Jeremy.

But there was something about the Damon had touched her. His fingers moving over skin, making goosebumps rise in their icy wake. His lips kissing her in all the places except for the one that she wanted; his fangs dangerously close to her…

 

Bonnie heard his breathing hitch.

 

Her eyes slipped close just as soon as his fingers froze. She didn’t want things to be awkward between them so she pretended like she was still asleep.

 

A few moments later, Damon nudged her shoulder. “Rise and shine, Bon Bon.”

 

She faked being disoriented and opened her eyes only to find Damon standing over her. She hadn’t felt him slip from underneath her but vampires were like that. They did a lot of things without you noticing. Her cheeks flushed when she thought about how he had ripped off her underwear in her dream without her noticing. She didn’t find out until she felt his breath on the inside of her…

 

“How many times do I have to tell you to stop calling me that?” she asked, trying to push the dream out of her mind.

 

He smirked. “It’s an upgrade from witchy bitch.”

 

“You called me that?”

 

Damon shrugged. “It was back when I was still trying to find a good nickname for you.”

 

“You mean back when you hated me?”

 

“What do you mean?” he asked, a devilish grin on his face. “I still hate you. I’m just tolerating you because you’re the only human being left in Mystic Falls and I’d go stir crazy if I didn’t have anyone to talk to.”

Bonnie rolled her eyes. “Good to know.”

 

Her heart stopped when Damon’s hand curled around hers but before she could ask him what he was doing, he pulled her off the couch. The unexpected movement sent her flying into his chest which, was exactly how last night’s dream began. She looked up at Damon expecting to see the lust in his eyes that she had seen in her dream but all she find was the usual amused expression he wore whenever he looked at her. “I’m just messing around with you, Bon Bon. You know you’re my favorite witch of all time.”

 

“That’s because I’m the only one that can stand you,” she quipped, completely aware of close she was to him.

 

As if coming to the realization that he was still holding her too, Damon took a step back from her, his hand still holding on to hers. “And for that I am grateful. Let me show you my gratitude by making you breakfast.” With that, he led her to the kitchen and deposited her in the stool she sat in every day. It was the one closest to where he stood whenever he mixed the batter for the pancakes. He made them for her every morning and every morning she complained.

 

This time she decided to be nice.

 

“Can I have extra whipped cream on mine?” she asked, as Damon took out the ingredients for their breakfast.

 

He turned to look at her, a carton of eggs balanced in one hand and flour in the other. His eyebrow rose in that way that it always does. Bonnie noticed that about him. She didn’t know if he did out of habit or to draw attention to his beautiful eyes but, whatever the reason was, she didn’t want him to ever lose that quirk.

 

“Are you sick?” he asked.

 

She smiled. “No, why?”

“You’re not giving me a hard time about breakfast like you usually do.” He set down the eggs and flour and within a matter of seconds rounded the island that separated them and pressed the back of his hand to her forehead.

 

“Nope,” he said, after a few moments. “You don’t have a fever.” He looked in both of her eyes, making her heart skip a beat. She had seen many men with blue eyes but the color and intensity of them didn’t compare to Damon’s. They put even the bluest oceans to shame.

 

“Where is Bonnie Bennett and what have you done with her?” he asked, in a mockingly serious tone.

 

Bonnie pushed him away. “Oh, shut up. I’m not mean to you all the time.”

 

The vampire smirked. “So you admit that you’re mean?”

 

“Sometimes,” she said. “But it’s only because you deserve it.”

 

Damon moved back to his spot and resumed preparing the pancakes. “I’m your best friend’s boyfriend. You can’t cut me a little bit of slack?”

 

The sudden reminder that this devilishly handsome vampire he was Elena’s boyfriend made her feel guilty for thinking about him in any way other than her best friend’s boyfriend.

 

“That’s part of the reason why I don’t cut you any slack. Besides, someone has to keep you in line when Elena isn’t around.”

 

“And I take it you’re the right woman for the job.”

 

It wasn’t a question but she answered anyways, “I’m the only one who can put you in your place.”

 

His eyebrow rose. Damn that eyebrow, she thought.

 

“And what is that supposed to mean?” he asked, flipping a stack of pancakes onto a plate. She hadn’t seen him pour the batter into the pan or turn the stove on. Then again, she also wasn’t paying much attention to what he was doing. She was just watching him, although he moved out of her line of sight at lighting speeds to grab the things he needed to make breakfast, he always fell under watchful gaze. She hated that she couldn’t stop looking at him, even though she knew it was wrong for her to, but as long as she didn’t make any moves. Not that she would. And not that he would do anything, either. Damon loved Elena. That’s all he talked about most of the time.

 

If there were two people who were meant to be together for eternity, it was them two. She didn’t want to ruin what they had. And she wouldn’t let herself, even if she couldn’t stop thinking or dreaming about the insanely gorgeous vampire that stood before her.

 

“I didn’t stutter, Damon. You know I’ve handed your ass to you more times than anyone else in Mystic Falls.”

 

He gasped. “Did Bonnie Bennett just say a bad word? I thought you were the good witch. And I think my brother has you beat in that category. Sorry, Bon Bon.”

 

“Stop calling me that!”

 

A gust of wind moved through her hair. Or at least that’s what she thought it was. But it was only Damon. He had moved around the island to stand beside her so fast that she didn’t see him until he was in her peripheral; his lips so close she thought he was kissing the tip of her air. “Make me,” he whispered, and she swore she could hear the smirk in his voice.

 

She thought about punching him but he walked over to the kitchen table before she could ball up her fist. He set the plates down and looked over at her.

 

“Get over here and eat Bonnie.” It wasn’t a request.

 

She groaned. “Would it kill you to say please?”

 

“Well seeing that I’m already dead...no. It wouldn’t. I just choose not to. Now I can carry you over here or you can walk over here yourself. It’s your choice.”

 

Bonnie slid off her stool. As much as she would’ve liked for him to hold her in his arms again, she didn’t think it was a good idea for him to do to so.

 

Once in her seat, Damon picked up his fork. She didn’t know why he bothered to eat real food when he didn’t need to but he did. He stuffed a giant forkful of pancakes into his mouth and moaned like it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. And maybe his cooking was good. It surprised her that he was a good cook despite never having a need for it. The pancakes could any diner’s to shame but she would never tell him that.

 

She cut into her own stack. He put extra whipped cream on it like she had asked. The smiley face he put on it made her smile.

 

“I wish I had a camera. It’s a rare occasion when you let that mouth of yours do anything other than talk back.”

 

“You make me sound like a terrible person,” Bonnie replied. She was only messing with him but when she looked up at him, the serious expression on his face caught her off guard. Speaking of something that’s rare.

 

“I don’t mean to do that, Bonnie. You know that, don’t you?”

 

She nodded. “I guess we don’t know how to talk to each other unless we’re coming at each other’s throats.”

 

This made Damon smile and her heart skipped a beat. She hoped that he didn’t hear it. “Well I do happen to specialize in throats.” He flashed his fangs to add to the effect.

 

Bonnie almost spit out the piece of pancake she stuffed into her mouth. “Damon! That’s not funny!”

 

“Really?” he asked, amused. “I thought it was.”

 

Bonnie shook her head. “I’m glad you find yourself funny.”

 

Damon picked up the crossword puzzle she has been tirelessly working through. She kept it on the table beside the fruit bowl in the center of the table. She usually stared at it relentlessly until she was able to figure out what one of the answers but this morning she found something else to look at. Even if she could focus on the puzzle, she couldn’t figure out one of the answers for the life of her.

 

“You didn’t tell me you figured out twenty four down.”

 

Her eyebrows stitched together. “Because...I didn’t.”

 

“Well,” Damon replied, showing her the crossword puzzle. “There’s an answer there.”

 

“Don’t mess with me Damon!” she said, snatching the paper off of him. But sure enough, there were letters scribbled in the boxes. In what looked like her own handwriting.

 

“This isn’t right.”

 

“It’s not?”

 

She looked at Damon. “I don’t know if this is right the answer but I do know that I didn’t write this.”

 

“Well I didn’t touch the stupid thing. I can’t remember much about the 80s. Let alone main characters in sitcoms. I had more important things to back then and they didn’t involve sitting on the couch all day watching tv.”

 

Bonnie would’ve liked to know what he considered important but she couldn’t stop staring at the five letters before her. It was a name. Allie. Allie Lowell. Even though it was a character from a sitcom she never heard of, the name seemed oddly familiar.

 

“What is it?” Damon asked.

 

“I didn’t fill this out but this name...it might belong to someone I knew but I’m not sure.”

 

Damon got up and peered over her shoulder. She wished he would’ve just asked to see the paper because having him so close to her was distracting. It was hard keeping her heart from going into cardiac arrest but she managed to stay calm despite his proximity. “Allie Lowell,” he breathed. “That name definitely does ring a bell.”

 

“What could it mean?” Bonnie asked, setting the crossword puzzle down.

 

The vampire had returned to his chair by the time she looked up. “I don’t but...finish your food, witch. We’re going to go on a little adventure.”


 

 






Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading!







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.