Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Her


Summertime - Ella Fitzgerald + Louis Armstrong


"One of these mornings you're gonna rise up singing and you'll spread your wings and you'll take to the sky..."



It was one of those kind of mornings; the kind that made Bunny stare up at her ceiling with a blank glare. Her head was swimming and her limbs felt heavy as she laid in complete silence that always seemed to suffocate her room. Her arms were useless to her sides as her legs were crossed from her knees down to her ankles. She could feel the impending disruption that was sure to come. Taking a deep breath she closed her eyes, just as her door was thrown back and her eccentric mother came into view.


Cynthia Banks is a rather odd woman. She wore her hair in a short fro that was the color of shimmering silver and could always be seen wearing gold no matter what. She worked from home, by selling unique items of various things online. Bunny never cared to know what it was that she sold, but whatever it was supported the rather comfy life style that the two of them lived. Yet today, the odd woman wore a golden turban paired with a white flowy dress that barely fell over the tops of her thighs. "Wake up sunshine, there is a day of conquering before you." she said this as she moved over towards the large bay window. Soon the curtains were pulled back and Bunny's collection of cacti that were lined across the sill, were now on display. Slowly lifting her left eye, she instantly regretted it as her all white room lit up at the new addition of sunlight.


Pulling the blanket up over her head, she let out a soft sigh as the realization of what today was dawned on her. The first day of school. Normally that would hold no true meaning to her, seeing as she tended to drift along without many people taking notice. Yet, this was the first day of lasts. Her senior year had snuck up on her and left her without protection from her crazy mother. The woman moved quickly about Bunny's room, trying to put together an outfit worthy of the first day of her senior year.


Slowly sitting up with opened eyes, Bunny watched with a soft gleam to her normally expressionless eyes. It has been a long time since her mother had actually gone out of her way to do something as trivia as picking her clothes out. Even though most people would feel burden by their mother picking out their clothes, Bunny actually felt happiness as Cynthia tried to piece together something that Bunny would actually wear. She pulled her knees up to her chest as she watched her mother flint around her room, softly mumbling things to herself as she went. "You know, I don't exactly remember you wearing so much.... black." the wide eyed woman said with a light scowl on her lips. Bunny shrugged, which caused a chain affect and her unruly curls shook around her shoulders and lower back. A frustrated sigh left the woman's lips as she went back into the closet.


Finally after a pregnant silence had passed Cynthia finally gave up and left Bunny to her thoughts. The sleepy girl just sat quietly lost in her own little world. The sound of a book smacking the ground brought her out of her thoughts. Looking up she watched her cat, Nugget, lick her pure white fur. Shaking her head, she finally got out of bed and headed into her bathroom.


Once out of the shower, she went about her normal routine, making sure to properly moisturize her skin. She went into her closet and quickly came back out in her trusty high-waist-ed black jeans and a taupe-grey t-shirt with sleeves that came all the way down to her elbows. Slipping on a pair of shiny black tasseled loafers, she clasped a small face gold casio watch onto her right wrist along with her white gold charm bracelet, a gift from her father.


She walked back into her bathroom and quickly braided her hair. Putting on her dainty gold chain necklace with a small moonstone charm, she smiled at her reflection once and then moved back into her room.


Picking up her bag, she walked out of her room. Grabbing her keys from the hallway table, she walked down the steps two at a time before finally going into the kitchen. Grabbing her favorite mason jar with a handle, she filled it with lemonade. Grabbing a cheese bagel off of the 'breakfast plate', Bunny put a little cream cheese on it and then took a bite.


Finishing up her food, she moved out of the kitchen and headed outside without a single word to her mother. Getting into her baby, 'Albert', she took a moment to enjoy her circa 1995 mercedes g-wagon with dark interior and a flat black paint job. Her baby was a gift from her mother for gainning the ability to drive. She placed her finger to the picture of her father hanging from her rear view mirror. Smiling at him one last time, she started her car and instantly started to blast music. Currently she has been listening to oldies and made a mix-tape for the first day of school. Ironically the first song to come on was 'Summertime' by Ella Fitzergerld and Louis Armstrong. The two artist are her favorite duet and she always likes to listen to the songs they do together.


Slowly making her way to school, she tried to slow herself down, but unfortunately she had made it to school early and the parking lot was borderline empty. Letting out a sigh, she cut off her car and got out with her bag in hand. Doing a quick stretch, she locked her car and made her way up the school steps to go to her first period.


-


She sat with her arms crossed and a light frown on her face as two underclassmen tried to sound impressive talking about how much they 'partied' and 'got wasted' as if it were some kind of prize. She rolled her eyes as they went on and on, until they finally moved away from the door of her classroom.


She could never understand how any of the things they talked about were 'fun'. But Bunny had learned a long time ago that it was best to just keep her mouth shut and not judge others. With that last thought, she shook her head and tried to focus on something else. She had beat the teacher to class and was currently on the brink of boredem. She was just now starting to feel her eyes burn from staring at the pure white board, when someone stepped into the room.


Normally Bunny would sense the person coming before they stepped into the room and then stare at them until they left, but not today. She just wanted to remain silent for a while, but who ever stepped into the room did not seem to like that.


"Hello!" a deep raspy voice called.


That forced Bunny to look at whoever came in. Her eyes rested a small man with a very small face. He looked old and resembled a toothpick. His attire was rather old fashion and reminded Bunny of something out of those old gangster movies she watched as a child.


Not saying a word, she nodded her head in acknowledgement before looking back at the spot on the white board that earlier had held her attention.


"Well since you don't seem like the talkitive type." he paused to dab his forehead with his handkerchief.


"I'll just introduce myself." he paused once again and he used that pause to get settled into his seat.


"I am Mister Finch and I will be your Honors Art History teacher for the year." he said just before the first bell rang.


Bunny never once said a word, but it did comfort her to know that she was not completely invisible to the human race. After that comforting thought ran through her mind, the door opened once again, but instead of a quiet person, a group of rather talkitive and kind of loud girls entered. And just like that Bunny's once silent and peaceful morning was gone and the dread of the first day of school had offically settled in for her.


-


and scene, i hoped that you dolls enjoyed that.


give me feed back, please.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.