Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Him

Asleep - The Smiths

"Sing me to sleep and then leave me alone. Don't try to wake me in the morning..."

He woke with a start. The sun had barely touched the sky and his heart felt like it may just beat right out of his chest. A cool sweat covered his skin and his lips quivered with fear. These dreams he'd been having lately were starting to take their toll on him physically and emotionally.

He had spent countless nights dreaming of death. Blood smeared WINDOWS, heavily smoked car cabins and screams of pain were the only thinks that Clark could dream of at night. These dreams are more like nightmares. It had formally been twelve years since his mother was killed in a brutal car accident. He had been in the car with her on that lonely Tuesday night and every since he could remember the memory taunted him like a playful cat and he a fearful mouse. He took a moment to calm his thoughts and ease his rapidly beating heart.

His eyes flickered over to the picture of his mother that adorned his night stand. It give him peace to know that she was there to watch over him. Letting out a deep breath, he slowly began to rise. He sat up in his four poster bed, sighing at the sight before him. His clothes laid in a neat pile by his desk along with his bag and a small stack, of what he knew to be hundred dollar bills, waiting for him. He knew that his father and his saint of a step-mother were not here and for that he was thankful, but it still irked him how easily his father could just leave him to his own devices.

Rising out of his bed he moved into his bathroom and went through the daily motions he'd done all his life. Now freshly shaven and smelling like EXPENSIVE cologne, he pulled on his clothes for the day. He never really had a say in what he would wear, but did not complain due to the outfits actually being wearable.

Once dressed, he grabbed his bag off of the floor and walked out of his room. He slowly strutted down the long white hall with large oil paintings and price-less sculptures. He jogged down the steps and then finally into the large dining room where a plate sat with a single maid beside it. Nodding to her, he sat down and quickly ate his food, hoping to have some time and catch up with a few friends before the day officially began. It was the first day of his senior year and something about that just felt right to him.

Officially finished with his food, he stood up and walked through the kitchen and then out the side door towards the garage. Noticing a piece of paper on the door, he snatched it off and read the little note.

'Hey son sorry we could not be there for the first day of your senior year, but we hope that the little gift inside will make up for that.

        - dad'

Crumbling the note up, he opened the garage door and walked past all of his dad's collection pieces and straight to where his car was normally parked. Hoping to lay eyes on the sleek red corvette that had been so good to him for so long, his eyes had bulged out at the sight of a COMPLETELY restored sleek black Ford Galaxie. The car itself was completely outdated, it had always been his dream car. It had a certain rustic charm to it that made him feel as if he was back in the golden years his grandmother would speak so fondly of. He stared in COMPLETE amazement for he was shocked and he was even more surprised that his father even remembered that this was indeed his dream car. 

He took a moment to admire the beauty of the car. Shaking his head in utter disbelief, he throw his bag into the passenger seat, before pulling the down out and sliding inside. The cool creme leather seemed to mold against his body. He felt rather relaxed. He fanned his hand over the steering wheel and marveled at the intricate leather design. Letting out a low whistle, he smiled at the older beauty. Looking down at his watch, he noticed that time had gotten away from him and he was running behind. Shaking his head, he opened the glove box and pulled out the key along with his trusty shades. 

Sliding the EXPENSIVE glasses onto his face, he pressed the garage opener and waited for the door to fully open. Turning the car on, he nearly moaned at it's soft purr. Slowly pulling out, he maneuvered out of the circular drive way and out onto the street. He made sure to gently put his foot to the gas and then he was off and at school with ten minutes to spare.

All the time that he was driving, thoughts were racing through his head. It had been two months since he had last spoken to anyone that attended Belmont High. Not even his best friend Beck or his on-and-off again girlfriend Allison. He did have an excuse to his absence, but as of late he'd been having deeper thoughts that went beyond his normally shallow ones. He has been thinking out the reason that any of this matter, he knew for a fact that this was just high school and that they was life beyond it. It's just that he had always put off the thoughts and now they were hitting him, hard

Pulling up into his normal parking spot since he could drive, he cut off the engine, depositing the keys into his pocket and then he took a deep breath and tried to clear his constantly over-analyzing mind. Then someone had completely yanked him out of his own mind.

"Clark! " a light and feminine voice called out to him.

Turning towards the voice, he put on a fake smile that put a reddish tint to Allison's cheeks. He never understood how he could do that to her no matter if the smile was fake or genuine.

She had yet to move from the spot by her group of friends and he took that time to openly look at her. She is the definition of a 'it' girl. She was of mixed heritage, but honestly Clark never understood how. Her mother is Irish and her father is Italian; the last time Clark CHECKED those two nationalities were primarily white, but he never argued with her about it. Her skin was lightly tanned, her hair was currently pin straight and she was wearing a pale blue dress that clung to her subtle curves.

All in all, she looked good and unfortunately she and just about every guy with eyes knew it.

Shaking his head, he got out of his car with his bag in tow. He shut his door, but not before locking the doors. He looked back at Allison and slowly made his way over to her, he did not want to come off as eager to see her.

"Hey Allison." he said once he finally was close enough for her to hear.

A girly grin broke out over her face as she threw her arms around him and held him close to her body, the faint scent of Chanel No5 clung to her hair.

"Gosh it is so good to see you Clark." she told him.

And before he could even get a word in, "So what have you been up to over the summer?" she asked with a innocent face.

But Clark knew her well enough that her innocent eyes no longer worked on him and he could see straight past her false small talk. If there was one thing that he admired most about Allison, it'd be her great ability to fish out information.

He always told her she should become a detective.

"Nothing, I was out of the country all summer." he replied, which was in fact the truth. Well at least half of the truth.

"Oh, really-" she was stopped.

"Clark!" a deep voice yelled.

Looking over he saw Beck headed over towards him.

A small smile formed on Clark's face. Clark and Beck have always been the complete opposites of each other with Clark being the more quiet one and Beck being the more out-spoken one.

Beck is truly apart of the minority at the school, being one of the few Asian-Americans to attend the school, he stuck out like a sore thumb, but in a good way. Beck is tall, rather pale year round, and always wearing a goofy grin and today was no different.

"Man is it good to see you." Clark claimed as he completely blew off Allison.

He could practically hear the steam coming for her ears. That caused a soft chuckle to leave his lips, it was always comical how easily Allison could be upset. 

"Oh man you probably should have not done that." Beck said with a fake serious face.

Clark rolled his eyes and turned around heading towards the school with Beck in tow.

'Let today be a good day.'

That was his finally thought before throwing himself into conversation with Beck about Beck's summer spent in the south of Asia.

-

and scene.

tell me what you think. & don't forget to review!












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.