Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Ezra and Ray were in Mika’s office, watching him intently as he paced around and muttered to himself. Just as he was doing that, Adam, Ezra’s other close friend and one of Mika’s best, came into the office smiling. He was unaware of the happenings with Ace.

“Hey, what’s this meeting about? I was about to get some ass.” Adam said. When he saw the pissed off look on Mika’s face, he quickly closed the door and stood with Ezra and Ray.

“I really hope you three are aware of my men being taken out by some wannabe hero.” Mika said. Adam looked confused while the other two nodded.

“Uh...I didn’t really-” Adam said before getting cut off by Mika.

“Shut up. You three are the best that I have, and I trust you deeply. Especially you, Ezra.” Ezra shifted from one leg to the other uncomfortably. “I want you three to stake out on locations that I’d normally send my drug dealers. You’ll bring this Ace asshole to me, I don’t give a shit if he’s dead or alive. I. Want. His. Head.” Mika said as he beat his fist on the desk with each word. The three men nodded, and left Mika’s office.


The men waited for night to fall to stake out. With Ray on Fredrick Street, Adam on Eavy Street, and Ezra on Graham Avenue. They’d violently dismiss the druggies begging to buy some drugs. With no such luck, they were standing there for hours. Ezra decided to call Ray and Adam to ask them if they saw anything they should be looking out for, both of them said ‘no’. Ray, getting fed up and ready to go home to his wife, decided to round up his friends, drive them home and call it a night,. He’d only hope Mika would understand.

“This is bullshit!” Adam exclaimed from the backseat. “We’ll never find this asshole.”

“If we don’t, Mika will kill all of us.” Ray replied. Ezra grunted. At least he’d be off of this god forsaken Earth with the spawn of Satan. But he decided that they should try a little harder, the night was still a little young.

“Come on, I’d rather not deal with Mika’s pissy attitude.” Ezra said.

“Naw, man. I’m tryin’ to get home.” Ray said, continuing to drive. Ezra shrugged. Then out of his window, he saw a motorcycle fly by, dodging cars skillfully.

“Did you see that? It’s him!” Ezra shouted. Ray floored it, following the vigilante, and passing cars the same way he did.

“Shoot him, Ez!” Adam said. Ezra gripped his gun, sticking his head out the window, and shooting Ace. Ace wasn’t hit, but he slowed down a bit, giving the other men time to catch up with him.

“Look, he’s slowing down. This was easier than I thought.” Ray said. The men were now driving alongside Ace. He turned his head towards them, though they couldn’t see him from the helmet. Ezra got ready to shoot again, but the vigilante got slower, getting behind them. “What’s he-” Adam started, then they heard two pops, and they’re car slowed down. Ray eased it to the side of the road. “Shit! He shot my tires!” They got out of the car, shooting at Ace as he flew by them, relishing in his victory.

“We almost had that fucker.” Adam said.

“Yeah, we’ll just have to deal with Mika tomorrow.

 

Later that same night, The men were finally going home. As Adam was walking to his apartment building, he saw a woman rummaging in the alley. It was fairly suspicious, what would a woman be doing in an alley this late at night, unless she was a druggie or prostitute. “Shit.” He heard her curse. What the hell is she doing? He thought, he was not trying to play superman tonight, unless he was getting some action. Sighing, he went to see what her deal was.

“Excuse me? Ma’am?” He said getting her attention. She looked up, awkwardly dusting dirt off of her hands. Her face was void of makeup and emotions, but she had on normal sweat pants and a tank top. “Hey! What are you doing?” Adam asked, walking towards her. She got in a defensive stance, and he put his hands up, signalling that he was harmless. Though the gun tucked in his pants said otherwise.

“Look, mind your own business, asshole!” She said angrily.

“Uh..do you live in this building? I could walk you up.” He offered. She straightened her back, and nodded stiffly. Walking towards him cautiously, she squinted her eyes at him suspiciously. Adam took that as her checking him out, and she chose to let him believe that she wanted him. As he walked her into the building, he decided to make conversation.

“I’ve never seen you around here, you new?”

“Yes.” Was all she said.

“Okaaay...What’s your name? I’m Adam, I live in 44B.” He said.

“Alexis, 43B.” She said. He nodded while walking her to her door.

“43B? That old guy, Mr. Meadows, used to stay there. I didn’t know he moved.”

“Yeah.” She said blankly. “Just in time for me to find a place.”

“I guess I’ll see you around.” He said winking at her, and going into his place.

“You definitely will.” She muttered before going into her own place.






Chapter End Notes:

Alexis seems sketchy? *Side eyeing*







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.