Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Wrote this a couple of years ago and now I'm re-writing it! Hope you enjoy it!





Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Reagan


Tonight was beautiful; the moon’s glow illuminated the night sky and caused the new fallen snow to glisten, while the surrounding trees waved in the cold winter wind. Although it was cold I was hot, literally and figuratively. I was dressed to the nines for my sorority’s formal. From my once in a lifetime poppin’ curls to the sexy red lace dress I was wearing, tonight you couldn’t tell me nothin’. However, although I was looking hot as hell, I was mad as hell too. My date, Mr. Chris De Luca, had me trekking outside in one of Clarke’s Grove’s coldest winters, leaving the formal…which had only started 30 minutes ago. We were leaving. The music ripped through the night from the the dance into the parking lot. This was supposed to be a night of fun and memories. Natural hair takes time man! And 30 minutes was all I got? That’s all? I would have had a better time with myself then the time I had spent with him.


Chris and I started hanging out over a year ago. I guess I can call him a friend, but at the same time I don’t know what to call him. When many saw Chris they turned the other way. He was 6’2 and quite muscular, but the most striking thing (which is what kept people away) were his hard wolf like brown eyes. Chris was very secretive and kept to himself. If he didn’t want to be bothered with you, simply put - he wasn’t. I later found out that was due to his family, or lack thereof. His brother left when he was younger, and his mom passed away years ago. It was only him and his dad. Everybody, including me, was surprised that our personalities meshed. We are complete opposites; plain and simple, I’m crazy. Although I consider myself an introvert, I’m also an extrovert. I have a small group of friends, the way I like it, but I go out and hit the clubs and dance my ass off with them too. I probably talk and overthink things way too much for my own good and I know tons of people on our college campus. But at the end of the day, I prefer to be alone. This is why I think me and Chris bonded…or so I had thought.


He’s been distant these last 3 months. I feel like I’m losing him. I’d be fooling myself if I didn’t say that I was developing something for Chris. But in the end I guess I’m not surprised, I knew it wouldn’t last.  I thought he was different. I looked up at his stoic face, guess I was wrong. We had finally reached his car and I went to get inside. His voice cut me from my thoughts,


“Reagan…”


“Mhmm?” I answered.


“Let’s dance to this last song.”


I frowned. “I really don’t…”


Before I could give my rejection, Chris had me snugged up against his hard chest, hands around my hips, and we were slow jamming to the throwback, “They Don’t Know”, the DJ was playing. I eventually placed my hands around his neck and at 5’7 my head fit perfectly at his chest. He smelled like pine. He held me tight and it felt, well it felt nice. We swayed back and forth, back and forth. It was a dream, everything was perfect. However, dreams do come to an end.


The song started to change little by little into the fast-moving song, “Bring It Back”. Any other time I would be jamming my butt off to this song, but I held back my booty shaking and wining.  He stopped moving. I keep my head on his chest to avoid his gaze.


“Reagan,”


I shuddered from the cold and stepped back to look at him. He took off his suit jacket and put it around me.


“Let’s go,” he said.


He opened my door and I got in. He walked around, got in, and we drove off. The car was horribly silent until he spoke.


“Reagan, I know that we have known each other for a short time. But, there is something you need to know.”


“Chris, I already know where this is going. You’ve changed or maybe you haven’t. These last couple of months you’ve been distant. I thought…I have done nothing but been there for you. I’ve tried to understand you but, if you won’t let me in I can’t help you. And I’m not going to beat a dead horse. So that’s fine…”


I looked over to him and there was a smile on his face.


“And this is amusing to you?”


“Well, maybe if you allowed me to finish, everything you said was true. But, has nothing to do with what I’m about to say.”


The car stopped.


“Why did you…” I didn’t finish my sentence.


 I looked out the window and a huge cabin-like house stood before me. It was at least 3 stories and I wondered how I had never seen it in Clarke’s Grove. Clarke’s Grove is a small town in South Dakota where you can walk to one side of the town to the other in 2 hours give or take. This guy, Thomas Boyle – I think, had nothing to do and one day he made that trip, got in the Guinness Book of Records so I guess it was worth it. Any who, the reason why Clarke’s Grove is one of the smallest towns in the nation is because the land that used to be part of the town, was added to the Crow Creek Moosi Tribe’s Reservation about 50 years ago. Never been out there, but seeing that I have no clue where I am…I think I have now.  It was surrounded by trees and farmland. In the distance, I could see horses galloping near stables. My eyes never left the scene when I asked,


 


“Is this your house?” 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.