Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I wrote this story really late at night and wasn't planning on publishing it but then I was like "Hey why not?" This is my first story that I've written in years, so I may be rusty.

I'm probably going to go back in edit but I want to see views first.

Anyways, I just hope you enjoy.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 1

Class was being boring as usual. Oneika sighed as she continued taking note while her professor gave his lecture. She was going to college for engineering. Though she had to keep a low profile lately, that doesn’t mean she couldn’t progress with her life. Her manicured nails double tapped the screen of her phone that laid to the left of her notebook to display the time. 10:45. Fifteen more minutes and she’s don’t with classes for the day. She really didn’t mind, she was just going to go to work after words and then home like usual. Yeah, nothing has been going on with her lately, but once again she wasn’t complaining. The professor started to wrap up his lecture. He leaves the last ten minutes or so for the students to ask any questions before they leave. Oneika closed her notes and started collecting her items in her bag. When she was finished, she looked through her phone to keep her busy while her fellow classmates chatted amongst themselves. She heard loud laughter on the other side of the room but she just rolled her eyes a continued to mind her own business. She already knows who it was. Dimitri Jordison was obviously used to being the cool kid around. His shaggy blond hair running past his shoulders. His bright brown eyes sparkling every time he showed his white teeth in a perfect smile and with a sharp jawline that was covered in blond non over bearing beard, which he usually scratched when he was embarrassed or humbled. His 6’7 and weightlifting muscular build made him look like a lumber jack if he threw on a red and white flannel, blue jeans and brown boots. Oneika laughed at herself. She didn’t socialize with other people too often for a reason and here she is thinking about a guy she can never get with. As cliché as it sounds, Oneika is on a constant run from her past and is trying to keep casualties to a minimum incase the organization caught up to her. She frown. Wow, just a brief mention of them and they dampen her mood, but she can’t let that get her down. She finally found a place where she didn’t have to worry about them and she’s planning on keeping it that way. The whole class got up to leave. Oneika briskly walked with the crowd, minding her business. Cause that’s all she could do to not interact with other people. Because it was so crowded, Oneika was pushed causing her to harshly knock into the person standing on her right. She turned to apologize and was met with the site of a dark grey cotton shirt. She looked up and her dark brown eyes met with bright ones. The temperature of her body rising, she just did a small polite smile and a light “sorry” before escaping into the hallway.

~~~~~~~~~

Dimitri just stared as she made her way down the hall. He only talked to Oneika a handful of times and even when they did talk, it was short. When he first saw her, he thought she was attractive. He didn’t mean to sound like a perv but her thick thighs, hourglass waist and pretty big chest would catch the attention of any single straight guy. Her cool tone brown skin set her different from the pale whites he usually sees around the city. Her long curly hair bounced as she walked, he remembers from just looking at her from time to time. He also remembers her deep brown eyes. She always seemed to have a fierce expression on her face but he didn’t think of her as rude like some of his friends did. He just concluded that she was liked to be by herself. Dimitri walked out of the English building and once again saw Oneika, as she was climbing into her sleek black Camaro and drove off. He often wondered about her. She just seemed so lonely. The nice guy in him was hoping to change that, but there was another part of him that said to just leave her alone. He continued on his way to his red tundra. Waving bye to some of his friends that were in the parking lot also, he drove off.

~~~~~

When Oneika came into work, could tell it was going to be a rough day. She got along with most of her coworkers but one. Amanda Peterson. Auburn hair, pale skin, green eyes. Yeah, she was beautiful but her personality was just plain ugly. Self-centered and manipulative, Amanda and Oneika didn’t get along really well because Oneika doesn’t go for that shit. What really set the rivalry was within the first week Nikki started working at this fashion store, they had gotten into a heated argument. Amanda helped out a costumer, who was a little on the chubby side, and then was talking about her when she went to try her clothes on. Nikki over heard her, and decided to put her in her place by telling her about how rude she was being. Amanda was appalled by what Nikki said to her and was going on and on about how she’s been in the store longer and could do whatever she want. That was almost 2 months ago and the tension between them was still strong. They also go to the same school, even have some classes together, and so working at the same time wasn’t something they wanted. Nikki walked to the back of the store to put her bag up and clocked in at a register. Amanda was watching her every move like usual, just waiting for her to mess something up. She just rolled her eyes and once again minded her own business. Work for the next few hours wasn’t as bad as she thought it was going to be. The store that she worked at was locally popular, selling clothes for young adults. Thankfully nothing had happened as she got ready to end her shift. Nikki checked her phone again. 5:20. She yawned and leisurely walked out of the store. The store was set between other various stores that ran along the avenue. She got into her car and drove home which was about twenty minutes away. She parked in her garage, and made her way up stairs to her bedroom. After taking a shower and changing into shorts and a tank top, she flopped down on her bed. The day was pretty much uneventful and she knew she should be grateful but as she drifted to sleep. Which on would come first? Her boredom of simple life or the organization coming.






Chapter End Notes:

Once again this is just a work in process, nothing is set in stone.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.