Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Eric texted Kendra and asked to reschedule their Friday night date for Saturday night instead. Red Flag #1.

She agreed.

 

It was Saturday morning and Kendra, her stepsister, and mother and stepfather were going to Ihop.

After leaving Ihop they realized one of the tires were flat. They drove to a car repair shop nearby.

While they waited to be serviced Kendra decided to walk over to Claire's which was in the small plaza nearby.

She spent about 30 minutes there to pass the time and decided to walk back to the car shop hoping they would be done by now.

As she walked back she saw three white boys sitting outside talking. They obviously worked there as they all had on coveralls. She watched as one of them looked up and she almost froze but her legs kept moving willing her to go forward.

 

Kendra P.O.V

Oh my gosh thats Jason! He works on cars! Im gonna pretend like I dont see him. Too late! He already looked in my direction. Deep breaths Kendra. Deep breaths. Why am I still so nervous around him?

End of P.O.V

 

She continued walking in his direction.

"Hi Jason".

"Hey, what's up"

" We got a flat tire, thats actually our car right there" She pointed at the Toyota Higlander that a boy was working on while being directed by an older man.

"Oh, it will be ready soon. Easy fix"

"Thanks. So you're a mechanic??" She asked fearing it was a dumb question.

" No, im doing an apprenticeship, basically learning and working at the same time. My uncle owns the shop. ".

"He's my dad" Colton interrupted.

Jason gave him an annoyed look.

"That's awesome. You're so talented" she complimented him.

"Thank you" he smiled.

"You're welcome. Well, I'll see you Monday maybe?" She asked.

"Yea, I'll see you then. Have a good weekend." Jason said.

"You too". She said and walked toward the front of the building.

After she walked off Colton looked at Jason with curiosity all over his face.

"Who was that?" Colton asked.

"This girl from school" Jason said.

"Hmm" Colton said before he smirked.

"What?" Jason said still annoyed and also confused at Colton's response.

Was he trying to say he thought Kendra was attractive and wanted to get at her? Or did he notice something between Jason and Kendra? Their interactions were still brief and sort of awkward. It always seemed like there were words left unspoken, like one of them wanted to say something but just avoided it every time.

Colton always kept a girl at his side and did not take any of them too seriously. Jason recalled him having one steady girlfriend, but he ended things because he got bored. Girls would usually flock to him impressed by charisma, confidence, and tattoos. To be only 17 years old, he had a lot of them. His dad allowed him to get as many as he wanted as long as he kept his grades up, and it was his reward for helping him at the shop too. He then brought Evan, his youngest son, on to help out and learn, and then Jason. It was a way for them to make money and learn a useful skill. Jason did not plan to become a mechanic. He wanted to be a biomedical engineer, but he enjoyed working with his hands, building things, and understanding how things worked.

 

Saturday night came, and it was about 7 pm. Kendra was getting ready for her date at the movies with Eric. She was curious as to how it would turn out. He was charismatic, confident, and arrogant. Kendra was not either of those. They were exact opposites but their attraction to each other was obvious to both of them.

 

Author's note: short chapter because next one will be longer

 

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.