Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


《 Jason 》

Homeroom

As soon as the bell rang I got up and walked out the class. I was falling asleep the whole time. I hated English. We were reading Hamlet by Shakespeare. The only good thing was that my teacher wasnt Ms.Brockmire. I heard she was really strict and expected her class to be the most important thing in your life. I wasnt having that. I have too much on my plate already. I had Mr.Cullen. He wasn't too bad. I know he saw me falling asleep and I appreciate him for not calling me out on it.

As I'm walking down the hall, I see one of my friends Tyler and I say hey to him, and dap him up.As I turn the corner, I see a pair of thick caramel thighs standing by a locker. My eyes travel up to her butt then to her jet black hair that she is wearing in a ponytail today. She turns around and we make eye contact. I smile, and she smiles back and we say "Hi" to eachother before she walks in the opposite direction.Damn I can't wait to see her at lunch today. Speaking of food, she is looking good enough to eat. She is looking really sexy in that outfit. I had to look away.

I know I need to make a move and fast. I dont know how serious she is about that other guy, but I dont care anymore. Im not going to let anything hold me back anymore. I'm getting tired of racking my brain about the what ifs. What if she really likes this other guy? What if she's not into white boys? What if she doesn't like me? Im not the best looking guy in the world, but I don't think Im ugly. I have some kind of chance, right?

I have to commit to doing something. Or my mind will keep dwelling on this, keeping me up at night. Thats the reason I was falling asleep in class. I didn't sleep good at all last night. I have to get my mind right. I have to get refocused. I have too many obligations, football, school, work, and I still have to apply to colleges, scholarships, and the SAT.

So at this moment, I decided that I'm gonna make a move soon and if she has a man, his days are numbered.

I walk to my next class... Chemistry. Great.

After an hour of Mrs.Sheldon rambling about the periodic table, the bell rang. I went to third period which I have with Reese. He is in his usual cheerful mood, cracking jokes as usual. What is his secret cause he has just as many obligations as I have? Maybe having a girl to hold him down helps. Maybe soon, I will be able to experience that.

After class, Reese and I walk to our lockers to drop off our books. My stomach growls, I am so hungry, but more excited than anything because I get to see her again.
"So what did you do this weekend?" Reese asks me.

"I went to the arcade on Saturday with some friends. But Saturday morning I worked at the shop and I went to church on Sunday. What about you?"

Reese smirked. "I took my girl on a nice romantic date. You know she was mad at me for missing our date last weekend. So lets just say I definitely made it up to her." Reese said with a proud smile on his face.

" Ohhh ok" I smirk, knowing exactly what he means.

Yea, I left out the part about seeing Kendra and giving her a ride. That would just open the door to more questions if I said that. I haven't told anyone about my crush on her. I dont know why. Maybe I haven't told Reese, my best friend, cause I know Reese will try to play matchmaker. David would too. Or they will tell their girls and I know girls cant hold water. I don't want anything to ruin my chances. I want to take full credit for it, when I finally get her.

We walk to our usual spot outside the cafeteria after picking up some food.

Larissa and David are already sitting at the table with these life-like dolls with them. So they playing house now? This man is head over heels in love. I chuckle at the sight of them two with their kids sitting between them. I feel bad for David. I know he hates carrying around a doll. I laughed to myself.

"What in the world?" Reese questions them.

Larissa grinned. "Its for our early childhood education class". David shook his head.

"If I wouldve known, I would have never signed up for this class." David smirked.
Reese and I bust out laughing

"Aww she has your eyes David" I tease him pointing at the doll.

"Same head shape too" Reese adds.

David sticks up his middle finger to us and we bust out laughing again.

"You better not be a deadbeat or she'll put you on child support" Reese teases him making us all laugh even more.

"Period" Larissa says snapping her fingers.

"What is the point of this class anyway?" Reese asks.

"To show us the struggles of parenting, and prevent teen pregnancy" Larissa explains.

"Thats what condoms are for" Reese shrugged.

"They can break" Larissa said.

"True.." Reese admitted nodding his head.

I see Elisha and Kendra walk up to the table. They say Hi and start checking out the dolls commenting on how cute they are. Girls.

"I took that class last year, just so you know, the dolls are annoying" Kendra giggled.

"Great" David sighed. "It hasn't cried yet and I'm already annoyed".

We all laughed.

"It?, her name is Zuri" Larissa corrected David cutting her eyes at him.

" Oh my bad, Zuri...why? Why am I being subjected to this?"
David had us rolling. This doll stuff was hilarious.

I noticed my nervous system was not freaking out as much as it used to when she came around. I guess since I finally decided that Im going to do something about my crush on her, it calmed down.

The girls sat together as Reese, David, and I talked. Im not gonna lie I was listening with one ear to our conversation and using the other ear to eavesdrop on theirs. I was hoping to get some more details about what Kendra did, or should I say what she really did, this weekend.

"So how was your date with Eric" I hear Elisha ask Kendra. I feel a sting in my chest. Im jealous, I'll admit it. I know I dont have the right to be, but I am. I try to pretend like I'm not listening to them and stay focused on what David is saying even though Im not interested at the moment.

When was this date with Eric? Was it Saturday night when I found her sitting on the bench? Was that the friend, she told me she went to the movies with?
If it was..if he was the one who took her on a date and didn't have the decency to take her back home..yeah..I was definitely gonna take her from him. Game on.

"I'll tell you after school" Kendra said.

I notice there is no enthusiasm in her voice. Usually girls are all giddy when they talk about a date with a guy they like. She sounded pretty flat and nonchalant about this date.

If my interpretation is right, that's good news for me. Im glad he bored her. Any date I take her on will be unforgettable. She will never be bored with me. I can promise that.

As the bell rang for 4th period David asks "Any of yall wanna babysit".
Crickets.

"Reese...Jason...Kendra...Elisha.." David calls our names as we all walk away from him with smirks on our faces.

"That's messed up." David smiled holding the doll by the waist.

School was over and it was time for football practice. I walked to the locker room and changed into my uniform. Coach had us do a warm up and run laps. Then we started working on drills. Then we started running plays. Our game was coming up this Friday and Coach was going in on us. We were playing against Roosevelt High. Chase who was a running back, kept butting in when one of our quarterbacks Travis was going over the plays with us again. He was basically trying to be his echo but we already heard Coach and Travis. Chase only needed to shut up and listen. Reese cut his eyes at Chase which told Chase all he needed to know. Shut up, you're not in charge.

When the play was called I ran my route as fast as I could and turned to get ready to catch the ball after Travis threw it. I saw Lance running toward me but I was able to dodge him and score a touch down.

"Good job McKavner!" Coach Reynolds called out.

Reese gave me a hard pat on the shoulder. I was getting my focus back. I was determined to tackle one obstacle after another---this game on Friday, making Kendra mine, and filling out at least one college and scholarship application.
I got this.














Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.