Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


~~ KENDRA's P.O.V ~~

"He just texted me saying he was on the way".

"Ohh okay" my mom smiled at me excited.

It was 5:30 pm when he texted me again.

 

Jason: I'm here, do you want me to come inside?

I texted back.

Kendra: No it's ok. We will save that for another time 🙂

Jason: Ok

 

I hope he didn't feel like I didn't want him to be seen. That wasn't it at all. I just thought it was awkward to have another guy meet my mom and stepdad and not know the outcome of us. I learned my lesson with Eric, even though I never had high hopes for him and I anyway.

"Ok mom, you have the Life360 app, so you will know where I am at all times. So don't worry".

"Ok I love you. Be safe and have fun."

She hugged me.

"I will, I love you too. "

I walked outside and saw Jason leaning against the passenger door. He looked at me and smiled as I walked toward him. He looked so nice. He knew how to dress for sure, simple and clean was his style.

"I think this is the first time I've seen you wear sneakers." He smiled as his eyes scanned my outfit.

"I know". I giggled. "I do own a few pairs, I just prefer sandals."

He nodded. "You look beautiful as always, though".

"Thank you, you look nice too".

"Thanks"

He opened the door for me to get in.

~~~~


Kendra's mom and stepdad watched through the blinds, looking at each other and smiling. They didn't get to see who was picking her up for the date, though.

"I hope this one isn't a jackass like the last one" Paul said.

"I hope so too" Miriam said.

~~~~

"What do you wanna listen to?" Jason asked.

"Hmm, it doesn't matter. Surprise me."

He looked at me and smirked.

Superstar by Usher started playing.

"I love this song" I said. "Whatchu know about this?"

"Watchu know about it?"

"Well excuse me"

"I figured since this is a date, it's only right to play some R&B."

We rode to the carnival enjoying the R&B Playlist in the background. It was a great vibe and very nostalgic too, as we both loved 90s and 2000s R&B, not too much of today's music, though he had a few R&B songs from this era on his playlist.


We pulled up to the carnival parking lot. It wasn't too packed yet but people were definitely coming out tonight. This was all we had until the Miami-Dade County Fair came in the spring. That was the largest fair in South Florida, that everybody went to.

We walked to the entrance and got in line. I felt a little uncomfortable as I saw people looking at me and him together. I caught myself wondering what they were thinking about me. Most of the people I caught looking at us were black. Maybe they didn't have any negative judgements about us, maybe it was all in my head. Despite how uncomfortable I felt, the feeling of finally being with Jason overshadowed that. I enjoyed spending time with him. I felt like I could be myself around him without being judged like I was with Eric.

When we got up to the window to pay, I reached for my little bookbag to take out cash.

"Whatchu doin?" Jason asked.

"Getting my money". I responded confused.

"No you're not. I got this"

"Oh..ok".

We got the unlimited rides bracelets and walked inside. We walked around, scoping out the type of rides and food they had.

"Are you hungry?" He asked.

"No, are you?"

"Not really".

"I think we should wait until after the rides, so we don't get sick." I suggested.

"Yea, good idea"

We decided to ride the bumper cars which turned out to be alot of fun and hilarious. Then we went on the Ali Baba ride, which was a ride that moved like a pendulum in a 360 degree rotation. We went on the Gravitron and after we got off I saw a Haunted House ride that I wanted to go on.

"Lets go in there"

"Ok, let's go"

After standing in line, we got in the seat that would be transporting us through the house.

"You scared?" He asked me with a sexy smirk on his face.

"Yes".

"BOO!!" He shouted suddenly, causing me to jump back. He started laughing and shaking his head at how frightened I was.

I pushed him playfully. "Ok whatever you got me" I rolled my eyes.

The ride started and we were in complete darkness, the only lighting was from the creepy props that lit up and made creepy sounds. I jumped a few times and was covering my eyes with my hand.

"Why are you coverin' your eyes? Face your fears."

I slowly removed my hand from my eyes. A clown popped out the Jack-in-the-box and I immediately jumped and hid my face in Jason's arm.

He laughed again. "You're hilarious." "Aww It's ok. I won't let anything get you. "

I tried to be brave again, but this time I held onto his arm. I could feel how strong he was. He was so muscular and the feeling of how solid his arm was, was doing something to me.

Just then a skeleton popped out in front of us and I screamed.

Jason was so unphased and started laughing at me again.

I was pure entertainment for him. I laughed at myself too.

After the haunted house, we saw a photo booth.

"Wanna take pictures?" He asked.

"Yea"

We went inside and smiled for the camera like normal and did silly faces, then we hugged. For the last pose we didn't know what to do and as we both moved to pose again, we found our faces only mere inches apart. We looked into each other's eyes for a moment and inched back as the camera flashed, capturing us in that pose. When the pictures printed out, we looked at them together, laughing at the silly poses. The last pose was something out of a movie. We were just sitting there staring at each other, like we wanted to do something but couldn't bring ourselves to do it.


We decided to play some games.

I spotted a big stuffed Chuckie Finster from Rugrats.

"Ooo, Chuckie! I miss Rugrats. Did you ever watch that show?"

"Yea I did, I miss it too. Tommy was my favorite. You want that?" He asked me.

"Yea. If you can win it for me...please".

It was a basketball game. He had to make three shots to win the prize I wanted. He bounced the ball a little and made the first shot and got it through the hoop. Then he went for the second shot, and made that too. He bounced the ball again, and made the third shot.
Damn. Football and basketball too. And cars. He was definitely good with his hands.

"Oh my gosh!! You did it!" I cheered for him. I hugged him and I could feel his strong arm around my waist.

"Congratulations go ahead and pick your prize!" The game attendant told us.

I picked out the Chuckie Finster I wanted. It was huge.

"Thank you" I smiled up at Jason.

"You're welcome. That thing is bigger than you. Here, I'll carry it for you. " He offered taking it from me.

We continued to walk exchanging glances at each other.

Up ahead, we saw the lights of the ferris wheel, shining against the night sky.

He looked at me. "You wanna get on?".

I nodded.

We waited in line for not too long. The carnival was getting crowded though and I was glad that we came when we did because it gave a us a chance to go on alot of rides before it got too packed.

The ride attendant offered to watch my Chuckie Finster, which I was surprised about but thankful for.

I walked ahead of Jason and we got into the pod and the ride attendant made sure we were secure.

The ferris wheel started to move. I sat across from Jason. I looked out into the night sky at the stars. I would have never ever dreamed that I would be on a ferris wheel with the biggest crush of my life, Jason McKavner. I looked across from me, my eyes meeting Jason's. I could tell he had been watching me.

"Why were you so shocked when I asked you out?" He asked studying me.

I looked down for a second and back up. My shyness was coming back out. Ugh.

"I dont know. I just didn't expect it."

"You're a pretty girl. How could you not?".

I blushed, I couldn't help it.

"I just thought you wouldn't be into someone like me."

"What? What you mean, someone like you?" He questioned.

"...you know"

"Nah I dont" he chuckled, shaking his head.

I decided to spit it out.

"I didn't think you were into black girls. I thought you just saw me as a friend".

He looked me straight in the eye.

"Beauty comes in all shades, especially black...And nah, we're not friends."

"Then what are we?"

He licked his lips and looked me over.

"Come'ere". He said.

I moved to sit next to him, smelling his cologne. It smelled so good. He put his arm around my shoulder.

We looked out at the night sky in silence for a bit.

"And to answer your question, I think we're gonna be something special."

I turned my head to look at him, not realizing how close our faces were. He looked me in the eyes. I looked back into his green eyes, stuck, not knowing what to do. It was like time had stopped and there was no one else around. Just us.

He inched closer to me and I stayed in position..waiting for him.

Just then his phone vibrated.

He looked down and sighed.

"I'm sorry" He said.

"Its ok".

The ferris wheel brought us back to ground level and we got off.

I collected my stuffed animal and we decided to leave. Instead of eating there, where the food was definitely overpriced, we decided to go to a diner nearby.

We walked inside and were greeted by two hosts, a blonde lady who looked to be in her 40s and a brunette who looked to be in her 20s.

"Hi. Just you two?" She asked.

"Yea" Jason nodded.

"Ok, Follow me".

We followed the blonde woman to a booth. There was a middle-age white couple who did a double take looking at us. I wonder if Jason noticed or if he felt like we were being watched at all. He always seemed unbothered.

《《 Jason's P.O.V 》》

I was so close to kissing her, until my brother Josh decided to message me some stupid video. Damn Josh. I'm not gonna sweat it though. When the time is right, it will happen. I can't believe she thought I wouldn't be into her, especially cause she's black. She didnt have a clue at all about how much I like her. It was obvious to Reese. But I guess I hid it well from her. And then she thought I only saw her as a friend. Yea right. I could never be friends with a girl like her. I'm way too attracted to her.


After the carnival, we decided to go to a diner. This brunette, she's about in her 20s, is staring me down. She obviously don't care I'm with my girl...I mean a girl. I pay her no mind and we follow the older lady to the booth. I can see an older white couple glancing over at us. Damn people, its 2023. It's real sad that seeing a white and black couple together is still considered uncommon and turns heads like it does. We are so behind as a country, as a world. I don't care what people think, though. I never really have.

The waitress comes to the table, we order drinks and she takes our order.

I folded my hands on the table and looked at Kendra. The way I looked at her made her blush. She's so cute when she does that. So shy. I like it.

"So um..all that stuff you said about me in the library, you really meant that?"
She asked.

"Of course I did. I'm not runnin' game on you."

"And you liked me since the end of junior year?" She asked, shocked again.

This girl does not know how fine she really is. It's ok, though. I'll show her.

"Yes I did. I remember the first time I saw you walking down the hall. You were in a hurry. I had to do a double take because you were so beautiful. And from that day on, I would see you around. I wanted to know your name but I was afraid to approach you."

She blushed. "Why?"

"Because I was afraid I wasn't your type. I didn't think you were into white boys".

"Handsome comes in all shades." She smiled palming her cheek.

"So you think I'm handsome?" I said leaning forward.

"Yea I do."

"So that's why you think all the cheerleaders are after me?"

"Yep"

I laughed. "Nah, don't worry they're not. You got all my attention". I said licking my lips.

"Good to know"

One thing about Kendra, she was quiet, a little shy, but she was fiesty too. I could tell she was gonna play hard to get with me and I was all for the chase.

Finally our food came and we spent the rest of the night eating, talking and laughing. By the time I dropped her home, it was midnight. We had spent an amazing 6.5 hours together and it didn't even seem that long. I texted her when I got home and said Good Night and she texted back saying the same.

This was easily the best night of my life.



                                                            

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.