Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Chapter Song: Can We Talk by Tevin Campbell 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Jason and Reese headed to where David and Larissa were. They could see the couple hugged up.

"Get a room man" Reese joked. Jason laughed.

Jason and Reese said hello and took a seat.

"Larissa you met Jason before right? " David asked.

"Nope, Ive seen you guys hanging together though, by the way, yall are terrible with introducing yall friends"

" Well my bad, this is Jason, he's a fellow Spartan football player"

"Nice to meet you" Jason said shaking Larissa's hand.

"Nice to meet you too, dont let these two corrupt you" she joked.

"Man this fool already corrupt" Reese laughed.

" Thats what you think of me Reese" Jason laughed

"Nah im just playing" Reese laughed nudging Jason's shoulder with his fist.

"Your girl should be on her way" Larissa said to Reese.

"Ok.." Reese said calmly.

Larissa gave him a confused look wondering why his demeanor suddenly had changed from playful to calm.

"You good man?" David asked.

Reese sighed. " Nah she's mad at me cause I kind of overslept on Saturday night and didnt show up for our date".

Larissa clenched her teeth.

"Ooo thats not good, Why didnt you take her out on Sunday?"

"Church...my momma dont play about that" Reese said.

"You...go to church??" David asked teasing him.

"Yea I go to church, im a God fearing man" Reese said proudly smiling.

"Boy please" Larissa said.

Jason laughed.

"Dang they not showing you no mercy today" Jason laughed.

"I know right! Did Lisha call you and tell you how horrible of a boyfriend I am" Reese asked Larissa.

"Uhhh..no..she didnt" Larissa was lying through her teeth but she was not about to snitch on her friend.

Reese saw Elisha from afar walking up to the group. She squinted her eyes as the sun beamed down on this hot summer day. Her chocolate skin glowed under the sun and he became instantly upset with himself for missing their date as he admired her beauty.

She had a girl along with her that he saw hanging out with Larissa and her a few times during the summer dancing camp at the school.

"Hey baby" Reese greeted her.

"Hey" Elisha said dully, rolling her eyes.

He stood up and walked to give her a hug, and she kept a church-distance away from him and gave him a few pats on the back.

"Its like that huh? " He asked

"Dont start..we will talk later" She said under her breath to him.

"So guys this is me and Rissa's friend, Kendra, she's a Diamond Dancer too".

 

David POV

Oh shoot that's the same girl in my history class who was organizing the papers and writing every word the teacher said. Its a small world.

 

"Im David, Nice to meet you, i think youre in my history class with Mr.Schaffer." David spoke.

"Oh really! Nice to meet you" Kendra smiled.

"Nice to meet you ma" ,Reese nodded. "names Maurice but call me Reese".

 

As David and Reese greeted her, Jason sat nervously since the moment he saw her and Elisha from afar approaching the group. His heart beating faster. He never experienced this around girls. What was wrong with him? Despite his inner struggle, he stood up and extended his hand toward Kendra and they shook hands. He felt a shock like sensation in his body.

"Im Jason, nice to meet you Kendra"

"Nice to meet you" she looked at him nervously, half smiling.

The group continued to chat about their classes and how the first day of school was going.

Jason POV

What is wrong with me? I need to get myself together quick. I feel like im watching myself embarass myself. Ive never felt like this around a girl. Jason chill out man.

 

Jason had seen Kendra around school a few times since the end of their junior year. Then when she attended the summer dance camp and became part of the Diamond Dancers he saw her more often. From what he observed, she seemed like a quiet, shy girl

that was focused on getting good grades. She was not nerdy at all though. He felt she was the type of girl who was not aware of how pretty she was. He liked that she had brains and beauty. She had a curvy figure, an hour glass figure, jet black thick curly hair and what he best described as a caramel skin complexion. She was about 5'4 much shorter than his 6'4 stature. He always saw her from afar, but this time she was up close and personal. She had dimples too. Her voice was soft and sweet. From the moment he first saw her he thought about how he could make her his, but Jason realized that just because he was attracted to her didnt mean she would be attracted to him. He was white and he did not know how she felt about that. Though we lived in the 21st century there were still black and white people who had never and would never even consider dating outside their race. He was not against interracial dating and thought black girls were beautiful. He saw beauty in every race of women. He personally had never dated a black girl or a girl of any other race besides white.

The opportunity just had not presented itself...until now. His first and most recent girlfriend, which he didn't even consider a girlfriend, was in 8th grade and she turned out to be clingy and jealous. When she did not get his undivided attention she would throw childish verbal tantrums and seek male attention elsewhere. After dealing with that for 2 months he cut her off. So basically you can say he never had a serious girlfriend.

Jason stole glances at Kendra, admiring her face, her body, tracing her curves with his eyes.

"Jason did we get homework in economics?" Reese asked interrupting his thoughts.

"Huh?.. Oh. nah i dont think so" Jason said. Reese glanced at Jason and did a double take, noticing Jason seemed lost in his thoughts.

"Oh..ok" Reese said.

Jason tried hard to pay attention to what the group was talking about while sneaking quick glances at Kendra.

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

What are your thoughts of the characters so far? Leave your thoughts and comments.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.