Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Chapter Song: "I will always be there for you" by Anquette




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Earlier that day.

Jason dropped David home from football practice.

"Thanks man" David said getting out the car and running to his neighbor's house.

"Alright man, see you tomorrow" Jason said. David ran up to Ms.Ortiz's door and knocked. She answered.

"Hey David, come inside" she said with her Cuban accent.

"I made a plate for you, sit down and eat, you too skinny" she said.

David laughed.

He chatted about his first day of school. As he talked and ate, Gabriella came out of her room.

"Hey David" she said smiling.

"Hey" he said with quick smile, no teeth shown. She went to Mount Rainier and was in the 11th grade this year. She sat across from him at the table and rested her cheek on her hand.

She made small talk with him asking about his day. He knew she liked him and Mrs.Ortiz knew too but they knew that he had a girlfriend that he loved and was committed to.

David's five year old sister came running up to him and he kissed her on the cheek.

"Where is Auntie Rissa at" she asked.

Gabriella rolled her eyes.

"She's home".

"I want to talk to her" she begged.

"Ok, later. She has to do homework, did you do yours?"

"Yes I did".

"Good job" he gave her a high five.

"Thank you so much Ms.Ortiz, im gonna head home now"

"Ok papi, I see you tomorrow" she kissed his cheek.

David and his siblings got ready to go.

"Bye guys" Gabriella said

" Bye!!" The kids said in unison.

"See you tomorrow David" Gabriella said looking him in the eye and waving.

"Bye" he said.

They walked out and went home next door.

David started cooking for his siblings while he told them to take baths and get their clothes ready for tomorrow.

He would check their homework while cooking. He planned to do his homework as soon as he got them situated.

He got a call from Larissa and could tell in her voice something was wrong but she denied it.

 

Flashback

"Whats wrong baby" he heard the disappointment in her voice.

"Nothing"

"No there's something"

"Im ok"

End of Flashback

 

Like his mother, her parents worked a lot but Larissa always told him they did not need to. They had enough money but David assured her that maybe they did have to work a lot to maintain their lifestyle and keep up with all their bills. Sometimes people live beyond their means. David's mom on the other hand, had to work. She was a single mother to four children. His father was once in the picture and sold drugs to support the family beyond his regular pay check, until he was caught, and sentenced to five years in prison. He is on his fourth year. David carried alot of anger toward his dad for leaving him to be the man of the house and leaving his mom as a single mother to 4 children. Despite money being tight, David's mother, Gloria made sure he at least got to play football. He needed an outlet to release his anger and stress.

When Larissa complained about her parents lack of attention and not being home enough, he tried his best to understand but he couldn't help but imagine what life in her shoes would be like. To have your own room and bathroom. To have anything you wanted. Yea, David dressed nice and had the latest Nikes and Jordans, but they were bought with the blood, sweat, and tears of his mother.

Meanwhile Jason finally arrived home. His brother Josh played Junior Varsity football and was asleep in the back seat when they dropped David off.

Jason's mother and stepfather greeted them and told them dinner would be ready soon.

"How was practice" Jason's mom asked.

" Exhausting" Josh responded. This was his first year playing football so he had to build up stamina

"You'll get used to it" Jason said.

They went upstairs and took showers. Jason started on homework and took a break when dinner was finally ready.

They sat down at the table and ate his mom's chicken marsala dish. She was a chef at a five star restaurant. She loved cooking. Jason knew that any woman he married in the future would have to be a good cook because his mom surely set the bar high. He loved food but he also loved working out and made it his business to eat healthy.

His stepdad asked how their first day went. Josh talked about his classes and making a new friend. Jason's thoughts went straight to Kendra and how he had finally got the chance to be up close and personal with her. In the past, every time he saw her in passing, she would appear to be coming his way but then would take a different path. Even if she did walk right towards him, what would he have said? He did not know how to approach her. He barely could handle just saying "Hi". He never had an issue with approaching girls and flirting but with this one....he was lost. Why was he lost?

Was he intimidated? What was he intimidated by? Her beauty? The way she carried herself, classy and reserved? Or was it because she was black?

"Jason how was your first day?"His stepdad asked interrupting his internal dialogue.

"..Um it was good?" He responded trying not to make it obvious he just woke up from a daydream.

"Hmm anything exciting happen"? His stepdad asked.

His mom and Josh were looking right at him. He felt like he was on the hot seat. Did they notice he was acting weird?

"No.."

 

Jason P.O.V

Yea you bet, i ran into this fine ass girl i been watching for a while

End of P.O.V.

 

"No, just a typical school day, kind of boring" He said feeling uneasy sitting with the lie he just told.

"Hmm, well did you guys get your homework done"

Josh sighed "Working on it"

"Yea, me too" Jason said.

 

As he promised David called Larissa back on facetime.

" Hey, how you doing?" He asked still concerned.

"Im ok" she said fake smiling.

"No you're not, I know you and you're not okay. Tell me whats wrong Rissa"

Her eyes began to water.

"Im tired of being alone in this house, im tired of begging for my parents to be parents" she said her voice cracking now.

"They think buying me gucci purses and nikes, and fashion nova, is enough and its not! I want to be heard, listened to and told I love you. Im tired of hearing "Im proud of you. Keep your grades up. You can do better next time." Its never e-fuckin-nough".Tears fell from her eyes. "You are the only one who sees me and takes the time to know me besides Leesh and Kendra. My sister is off in her own world since she's an adult now. This house is not a home!" She broke down crying, sobbing into her hands.

"Im here you for baby. I'll always be here for you. I understand how it feels to be alone.Just left with all these emotions to deal with on your own. I don't get a chance to tell my mom how I feel. So I let it out all my anger on the field and when I work out. They think theyre doing the best they can for us. But its really not enough."

"Im coming to you right now" Larissa decided. She did not care if it was impulsive, she needed him.

"No baby its almost 8'oclock your folks will be home any minute."

"David I need you. I just want to be with you right now" She begged wiping her tears away.

"Please just stay home"

"I just want to be with you for a few minutes. I dont care if I get in trouble".

"Im not letting you leave that house and drive at night. I will see you tomorrow morning..first thing. We can stay on here as long as you want".

There was a knock on her bedroom door.

She jumped.

"Ill call you back " she said.

"Ok" he said.

They hung up.

Just then her bedroom door flung open and her mom barged in the room shouting "Oh no you wont!". Apparently she had been listening to their conversation.

 

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.