Sins & Transgressions by EdenWrites
Summary:

Dean Winchester falls for Ari, an ex-hooker, who is having dreams of hellhounds.

 

dean Winchester falls for Ari

 

Arianna is played by Christie Laing who has appeared on both Smallville and Supernatural a couple of times. 

Disclaimer: The creators/writers of Supernatural retain all rights in this work of fiction.  No copyright infringement is intended. 

 


Categories: Primetime Television Characters: Original Character(s), Other
Classification: Alternate Universe
Genre: Drama, Family, Romance, Suspense
Story Status: None
Pairings: Male/Female
Warnings: Adult Situations, Original Characters, Racism, Strong Sexual Content
Challenges: None
Series: Road House Series -Supernatural-DeanCentric
Chapters: 20 Completed: Yes Word count: 54966 Read: 81376 Published: 04/06/10 Updated: 08/06/10
Story Notes:

This is story one in my Road House Series.

1. Chapter 1 by EdenWrites

2. Chapter 2 by EdenWrites

3. Chapter 3 by EdenWrites

4. Chapter 4 by EdenWrites

5. Chapter 5 by EdenWrites

6. Chapter 6 by EdenWrites

7. Chapter 7 by EdenWrites

8. Chapter 8 by EdenWrites

9. Chapter 9 by EdenWrites

10. Chapter 10 by EdenWrites

11. Chapter 11 by EdenWrites

12. Chapter 12 by EdenWrites

13. Chapter 13 by EdenWrites

14. Chapter 14 by EdenWrites

15. Chapter 15 by EdenWrites

16. Chapter 16 by EdenWrites

17. Chapter 17 by EdenWrites

18. Chapter 18 by EdenWrites

19. Chapter 19 by EdenWrites

20. Chapter 20 by EdenWrites

Chapter 1 by EdenWrites
Dean walked into the bar with two things on his mind, drinking a couple of beers and some hard fast sex.  He wasn’t against taking a girl against the bathroom door at this point he had endured a stress-filled week.  He had a butterfly bandage over his right eye to cover a cut and a bruise on his cheek from a scuffle with a stubborn ghost two days earlier.  Though he still looked fine in his nice fitting jeans and Metallica t-shirt and he knew it.  And his bowlegged strut told the tale, he was on the prowl.

    Dean scanned the bar; it was actually far from the whole in the wall joints he usually frequented.  Quite a few people were dancing or playing pool.  Several patrons looked up as he walked in, an obvious stranger to their hang out.  The bar area was sparsely populated, a few couples on one end who seemed to be together.  Toward the end, he noticed a couple of girls with only slight potential.  One was tall and blonde though a bit on the lean side.  Her friend was tall but had a baby belly, either she either had delivered a kid sometime or she just had baby fat, very unappealing especially in her crop top.  They stared at him as soon as he was in range.  The word, skanky, came to his mind as he headed there direction.
“Hey cutie, you can sit with us,” the blonde one said. 
He had lost interest because of the pudgy one but he gave them a wink that would make there night as he kept walking. 
“So it’s like that,” the blonde yelled when she saw where he was headed.

    A few stools down from the girls he eyed a woman who’s hair reminded him of Cassie’s.  It was long and dark with curls.  He was trying to get past thoughts of Cassie since she had told him she didn’t think they would work out.  Though he had spoken to her recently just to see how she was doing since her father passed.  But the lady was at least a couple shades lighter than Cassie.  She wore black pants, a black v-neck sweater and black strappy sandals.  She had probably come from work and she figured and put on the shoes just to dress up her work clothes a bit.  It worked for him.

    He didn’t realize he was staring as he stood near her before he took the stool closest.
“You browsing honey or buying?” the lady asked him.
It was funny how he judged the woman just by looking at her, the word soft spoken and sweet had come to his mind.  He smiled at her remark.
“Bartender, give the lady another of what ever she's drinking and I'll take a Bud,” he said as he took the seat beside her.
“Thanks,” she said before she put out her hand so he could look into her clear brown eyes that had a few flecks of green in them.
Looks like I may have hit the jackpot, he thought.
“I’m Ariana,” she added.
“Call me Dean.”
She nodded before she finished her original drink; her slender hands grasped the cold glass delicately.
“So Ariana,” he began.
“They call me, Ari,” she interrupted.
“Ari, what is a nice girl like you doing in a place like this?” he asked.
“Do you mean hey hot ass why don’t we go outside so I can bang you against my car,” she said with a grin that showed off her perfect teeth.
Dean almost choked on his beer before he laughed then he placed the bottle on the bar to turn side ways to look at her as she handed him a napkin
“Mind reading will get you every where with me, honey,” he teased
Beautiful and she knows how to laugh at herself, things are looking up.
“Can you believe someone tried that on me earlier?” she asked with another smile and a tilt of the head.
“No, I really don’t doubt it but I am glad you did not take them up on their offer,” he said with a smirk.
They talked for a bit before her favorite song came on and she began to tap her feet as she looked longingly toward the dance floor.

    “Will you take me to dance, I love this song,” she said with a pout.
Dean wasn’t a dancer and Prince's, When Doves Cry was one of his hated songs of the eighties, but he gave in.  She was just too beautiful to resist.  He rolled his eyes first but she convinced him he could just move his feet if he wanted as she pulled him out to the dance floor.  Once they were out there she was lost in a world of her own as she bumped to the beat.  He stood behind her with his hands on her waist as he bumped against her butt. She leaned back as they danced as one.  He started to like the idea of dancing, at least this one time.  Before they could leave the dance floor a slow song came on.  She turned and went into his arms as her arms went around his neck.  He wasn’t much taller than her but they fit together perfectly.  His hands were around her waist as she kissed him before the song ended with her hands in his hair.  He responded eagerly then smiled as they went back to the bar to take their seats.

    “Thanks.”
“It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be,” he said with a smile.
He had begun to unwind and it felt good to just relax.  He found out she lived with her mother and her daughter, Amber, in house across town.  A small two story Tudor she said with a sigh.
“It sounds nice, you been here long?”
“About eighteen months, I am taking nursing classes and working at the dental office,” she said before sipping the last of her drink. 
Dean offered to walk her to her car and she said he could follow her home.
“If you like,” she said with a smile.
And she isn’t shy, I like a girl that knows what she wants.
On the way out the blonde grabbed him by the arm, “I knew she was a whore,” she whispered to him,” before he shook her hand off his arm.
“Funny, I thought that was what you were,” he said without looking back.
Ari had kept walking because she knew what the other girls were about, she met Dean at the door.   

    He put his arm around her as he walked her to her 1965 navy blue Camaro that was parked next to the Impala.  He had admired the car earlier.
“Nice ride.”
“It was my grandfather’s last hurrah,” she laughed he used to speed around in this thing all over our old town.”
“Where was that?”
She hesitated.
“Waukegan, Illinois just north of Chicago,” she said before she opened her door to get in.
“I’ll be right behind you,” he said as he closed her door once she got in.

    Once they were at the house, he followed her upstairs.  There were two rooms; her office and a guest room.
“I don’t want to wake anyone downstairs, they go to bed early,” she explained before she shut the door.
The room was smaller but it held a television, a bed, a dresser and it had a nice window seat, which helped the room seem larger at second glance.  When the door was shut he pushed her against it so he could kiss her slow and deliberate.  Her hands went in his hair immediately as his hands slid up her shirt.  After a few minutes he picked her up to lie her on the bed to get comfortable but his lips never left hers.  He had undone her bra since it was a front clasp and he massaged her breasts.  She stopped long enough for him to take off her sweater and her his shirt.  She admired his muscled chest and arms while she threw the bra to the floor.  Dean laughed. 
“We can take this slow we have all night, right?”
She bit her lip and nodded.  In her old business as a call girl slow had never been the order of the day.  The men just wanted to “get off” and go to sleep while she prayed that she could get out of the business as soon as possible.

    While she was lost in thought Dean kissed her neck and ran his hands over her stomach.  After a minute she reached for his zipper so he leaned up to drop both his underwear and pants to the carpet.  She watched him as she bit her lip it had been more than two years since she had been in a relationship with a man that she could make love to without being paid.  The last guy had found out about her job and gone running without letting her explain her situation.  Being an escort had been one thing but when the business was taken over by  a big time Chicago pimp things had gone down hill fast.  Most of the girls who had tried to get out had been killed or gone missing she had lucked out and left the business to change her name and get far away.  She didn’t know if she would ever see Dean again but he seemed like a decent enough guy.  He had told her he was a private investigator but he would be around for another week or so.

    She leaned up to kiss him and realized his hand was between her legs. She moved to take her pants off but he offered to do it.  He slid down her zipper slowly as he took in the black lace panties she wore.  He rose up then removed her pants before he slowly pulled down the underwear taking the sight of her private parts at his leisure. She grinned, no one had ever looked at her as though they were pleased with her assets, it was always about pleasing  them. She appreciated his stare more than he would know. 
“You are so beautiful,” he said almost to himself. 
“You’re not too bad yourself,” she said as she pulled him back down as he lay over her. 
“Everything is covered, right?” he asked before he raised her legs.
He ached to be inside of her but he had taken the foil packet from his pants before they landed on the floor.
“All covered but if you feel better with a condom then I don’t mind.”

    He shrugged and slid it on as she watched.  He was inside of her a moment later, her legs went around his back out of instinct.  He pushed in deep and she loved the way it felt.  She had been wet almost from the moment he had spoken to her, earlier.  He got in a rhythm but he didn’t forget about her, he kept kissing her repeatedly as she ran her hands through his hair then over his back and firm behind.  When he came he reached between them to gently rub her to climax too, that was something new for her and the intense feeling shot through her body. She moaned as the sensations settled down. He lay beside her and pulled her into his arms, her head on his shoulder.  She smiled to herself and fell asleep a few minutes later. 

    Two hours passed before Dean decided he had better leave because he didn’t think her daughter should see him there. I never been with a woman who had a kid at home, this could get tricky. Just before he got up she began to toss in her sleep, then he realized she was having a dream. 
“No, no,” she screamed out then sat up to look around.
Her scream wasn’t very loud but Dean could see by the look on her face the dream must have been horrible.  She seemed sad.
“You okay?”
She bit her lip, for a moment he wondered if she remembered who he was.
“Yeah, I keep having the same dream about being chased by black dogs, and…”
He pulled her back into his arms, “And what?”
“They have just killed my child and now they have come for me,” she said as she looked up at him.
“Oh,, how long?”
“Um, wow, since my father died about a year ago.”
Dean did not say what he was thinking.  Had he run into another hunt? Was she dreaming about hellhounds?  He hoped not for her sake.  They needed to discuss it when she was awake.
“No, that doesn’t sound good,” was all he said before he leaned his head against hers.

    His night had not turned out the way he had planned, but he believed it was better.  He leaned down to kiss her again just before she straddled him.  She was full of surprises, he had begun to like them already. 
“It’s getting to be daylight can we have a quickie before you leave?” she asked innocently. 
“Oh, I think we can do that,” he said before he flipped her on her back. 
   
    Sam called Dean just as he drove up to the motel.
“Yeah, Sammy, I’m here,” he said into the phone as he walked into the room.
“Cute.” Sam said as he rubbed his eyes.
Sam stood in the middle of the floor with his shower things in his hand.
“Where have you been? Or should I even ask?”
“You can ask but I may not tell you,” Dean said as he plopped down on his bed.
“You look awfully perky, I guess you got laid last night.  And maybe even this morning too,” Sam said before he went in the bathroom without waiting for a reply.
Dean laughed, his brother knew his MO, but he didn’t know everything.
 
    After the showers they went to the diner to eat.  He had promised Ari he would call her after work so there was plenty of time to do the research they needed to do on the case they were on. 
“Sammy I have a date tonight do you have somewhere you could go?”
“Oh Dean, you mean I can’t stay in the room and watch my porn?” Sam teased.
“Yeah, right, like you have taken advantage of those websites.  I know you were working you can’t fool me,” Dean teased back.
“So who is the girl?”
“Someone I met,” Dean said mysteriously.
“Well I figured it was a girl, since you don’t go the other way,” his brother said as he rolled his eyes.
“And don’t you forget it.”
“So she lives around here?  I don’t suppose you told her the family secret the way you did Cassie?”
Dean glared at Sam, he knew better than to bring up Cassie’s name.  She was a sore spot with him at this point.  As much as he wanted to go back to her he refused to put her in danger but her he was with someone else that could be hurt also.  Maybe he was wrong to even consider getting close with anyone, if even for a time.  They had to find that damn Demon to get rid of it.  He did not want to live his entire life avoiding relationships.
“Sorry,” Sam said as he ate his pancakes.
“As I was about to say she is a local; she has a three year old daughter and we are going to a school play,,,”
Sam almost gagged on his food, from laughing.
“Before we take her back to her grandmother for the evening.”
“You? At a school play?”
“Ari says she is a good little actress.  Hey, it will only be for an hour or so, I can do that.  I will at least try to grin and bare it.  Ari seems nice.”
“She was a one night stand that you are extending to two nights…”
“Don’t say it.  I like her she knows we are leaving.  Also I think she may be having problems with hellhounds.
“What?  That can’t be good.”
Dean explained he needed more information and he didn’t want to scare her unnecessarily.  Besides she seemed like a nice woman who he wanted to get to know. 

    Sam sighed.
“Don’t get her hopes up Dean.”
Dean knew what Sam meant, no matter how long they stayed they would eventually need to leave.  Part of Dean hoped that he would be able to help her and leave; no harm no foul. The rest of him hoped he would be able to see her now and again but with a  kid it could get messy.  He decided to just enjoy what time they had together.  Why did their lives have to be so complicated?
“I know Sam and I do not plan on telling her the family secret, so don’t worry so much Francis.”


TBC
Chapter 2 by EdenWrites
Ari and her family sat around the kitchen table the next morning at breakfast.
“So are you going to see this guy again?” her mother, Ann, asked.
“Well he said he would go with me to the play, I mean it’s only for an hour or so.”
“Yeah, mommy is coming to the play,” Amber, Ariana’s daughter said as she ate her cereal.
“Of course, Sweetie,” she said as she ruffled her daughter’s wavy long hair.
“That’s a good sign right?”
Ari made clear that she didn’t think Dean was going to be around long since he was working on a job for his company. She really didn’t want to expect much from him, at least that is what she told her mother.
“I can see in your eyes this guy has got you hooked.  Hey give it a shot; maybe he will want to go back through town sometime so see you again.  You don’t have to marry the guy,” her mother encouraged her.
“We are just having fun, mom.  I mean he will probably find a reason to cancel tonight who knows.  I know I have to get out of her to go to work,” she said as she got up to go around the table to kiss her daughter. 
She stood in her modern kitchen with its simple appliances and leaned against the counter to look out the window before she threw the rest of her coffee in the sink.
“I hope it wasn’t all a big mistake,” she added before she left the room.
Her mother shook her head as she watched her daughter leave. She wished she would relax and enjoy life for a change.  With all the changes the last year and a half she was overdo for some romance and fun.  Her daughter worked much too hard for her own good her Ann thought.

    Sam didn’t try to convince Dean to change his mind about meeting Ari or going out with her kid.  He did remind him what happened to the women in their family.
“I mean you put Cassie in danger by being with her, but I guess you were more concerned about your pleasure, right?”
“Don’t go there, Sam, you know she was in no danger.”
“What do you mean? Oh because now we know the connection is with me?”
Dean hadn’t meant to say that, it is what happens when their tempers began to flare.  They said stupid things and hurt one another.  He regretted it as soon as he said it.
“You are right Sam, but at the time we had no idea what was going on with the demon.  You were at school, things were normal.”
Sam shut down he just went across the room and sat at the laptop.  Dean sighed.  He never liked fighting especially with Sam.  Sam was all he had now that dad was dead, besides maybe Sam was right.  But no matter what he needed to help Ari, she wasn’t just a stranger any more she was someone who needed his assistance. He needed what kindness she could give him more than he realized.
 
    At lunchtime, Ari got a call while she ate her sandwich in the break room.  She saw on the caller id that it was Dean. She frowned.
“Hey,” he said cheerfully.
“Hey yourself,” she replied with a sigh.
“So you done eating?”
“Um, almost, why?”
“I am outside if you want to take a drive down to the park.”
“Sure, I’ll be right out.”
She ate the last bite of her sandwich as she put her trash together to throw away.   Though she was still afraid, he might cancel on their date she decided to try to relax.

    He grinned from ear to ear when he saw her walk outside.  She wore khaki pants and a pink wrap top with medium height brown heels.  Dean thought she looked nice in her work clothes.  However, he wasn’t certain why he had all of sudden decided to come see her.   Maybe it was because Sam had sat staring at him all day and he had to get out for a while. 
“Is this considered a booty call if it’s in the middle of the day?” she teased him.
He shook his head, he was still getting used to her interesting sense of humor, but he liked it.
“You can call it what you want but I thought you might like some time away from your job for a few minutes at least,” he replied as she got in the car and buckled her seat belt with a grin.
“I do thank you.  I have a half hour to be back.”
“That’s enough time,” he said with a wink as they drove down the road
Ari laughed but a moment later she frowned.
“What?”
“You don’t have to break it to me easily if you want to call off tonight.  I understand it’s a bit much to have someone you just met invite you to a kid’s thing."
Dean smirked, she had been worried. 
“I have no plans to cancel on you.”
“Well my daughter can be a handful at times, you have been warned.”
Dean shook his head, though he smiled, what had he gotten himself into.

    Once they were at the park he pulled her close for a kiss but afterwards he decided he better find out about the hellhounds while he still had his senses about him.  The combination of her nice perfume and beautiful smile was having an effect on him.
“So this dream you have been having for the last year, you say they began when your father died?”
She pulled away from him and sat up in the seat.
“My father killed himself.  We think he was loosing his mind because he swore something was after him.”
This is not good.
“Ari, look at me, okay.”
She faced him with tears in her eyes.
“Did he see something?  Or was it just a feeling he had?”
“He kept saying he heard sounds like barking when he would be alone.  He would look but never see any thing.  That’s crazy right?’
“Well lots of things happen that people have a hard time explaining, everyday,” he said as he looked in her sad eyes.
This was going to be harder than he thought.
“Now I need to ask you something.”
She nodded as she dabbed her eyes with a tissue.
“Was your father involved in the occult at anytime or in any way?”
She bit her lip as she looked at Dean.  Was he serious?  Her father was a pastor.

    “My dad was a Pentecostal minister for forty years.  Though, I haven’t been to church for a long time but I know his congregation was big on exorcisms.  They were kind of well known for that.”
“Oh.”
“What do you mean oh?  What would that have to do with it?”
Dean sighed. 
“The kind of investigating I do is paranormal.”
“What?”
“Yes, we look into cases that have to do with the spiritual and supernatural realm.”
She just stared at him.  Then he jumped in with both feet and told her the whole story of what happened with his family and how they got involved in the business.
She sat quietly and listened without any expression on her face.
“I should go back to work now or I’ll be late,” she said finally.
“Okay,” he said afraid he had said too much.

    When they arrived at the office she got out and came around to his side of the car.
“I’ll pick you up at six, right?” she said before she kissed him.
“Right,” Dean stuttered as she walked back toward the building.
Well at least she hadn’t yelled or accused him of being a liar.  That was an improvement from when he had told Cassie.  Of course she was a believer now but her father had to die to get her on board.  He watched to make sure Ari was inside before he drove off.  Maybe telling her wasn’t a mistake, but he knew Sam would feel different.   He would go face the music so Sam could settle down before he had to disappear for the evening.

    His brother was so predictable.  Dean just sat there and let him yell at him for being stupid enough to tell a stranger about their family business.  Dean rolled his eyes for the fiftieth time before Sam commented on it.
“Your eyes are going to get stuck that way,” he said in all seriousness.
Dean laughed, “You done yelling at me?   I need a nap before she picks me up.”
“Oh, so you are sending me out in the Impala so you can have the room when you come back from dinner?”
“That was the plan, Sammy; I think I told you that at least, um, three times today already.  And if the do not disturb sign is on the door you may want to camp out in the lobby.”
Sam shook his head, “A little cocky about tonight aren’t you?’
“Just confident, but either way we will want some time alone, to talk about the thing with her father,” Dean said with a smirk.
“Well if she is in the kind of trouble we think, you may want to get that settled before you try to ‘seal the deal’,” Sam said with a frown.
Dean told Sam how she had been so composed when he told her what he did for a living.  It freaked him out a bit.  It wasn’t what he had expected; he had hoped to wait until they were on the way out of town to tell her about his business if at all.

    Ari was distracted the rest of the day.  Her father had always taught her angels and demons were real.  She never thought that much about them in her life as a call girl but she seen how people allowed their passions to rule their lives to an extreme extent.  She rubbed her temples.  No, she would not give into a headache now.  She squeezed her eyes closed for a second to look up a minute later to see her boss standing at the counter.
“You okay?”
“Yeah just a headache, I’ll be fine.”
He nodded and wandered off.  He was the dentist that she dreaded working with he seem to always get to close to her and always seemed to accidentally touch her hand or rub against her top or something.  He made her uncomfortable.  She knew she should report him but there was no proof except her word.  She preferred to stay out of the spotlight.  She shook her head and went back to work on the charts in front of her. 

    Ari felt better by the time she picked up Dean that night.  Her daughter was in the back seat practicing her song in her sweet voice.  
“Some where over the rainbow…”
Dean came to the car a few minutes later wearing a pair of nice jeans and a dress shirt.
“Hey,” he said as he got in the car.
“Hi,” Amber said from the back as they pulled out of the parking lot.
“You must be Amber,” he said as he turned to see the little girl.
She wore blue jeans and a white t-shirt, because she was going to change into her custom at the school.
“Yes sir, I’m Amber,” she said with a grin.
“And I am Dean, can you say Dean?”
“Yep, you are Dean.  You are mommy’s new boyfriend,” she proclaimed.
Ari shook her head, “He is not my boyfriend Sweetie, just a friend okay.”
“Okay Mommy.  You are Mommy’s friend,” she said before she went back to singing her song.
“Very polite,” Dean said as he turned back around in the seat.
“Sorry about that.”
“Not a problem,” he smiled though she seemed distracted.
He asked if the hotel had been out of the way and she insisted it wasn’t but afterward she was quiet until they got to the school.  She took Amber to her classroom so the teachers could get them dressed then her and Dean headed to the auditorium along with the other parents and friends.
 
    He pulled her aside before they got to the door.
“Are you okay?” he asked concerned with her silence.
“I’m sorry it’s not personal.  I have gotten used to being alone a lot sometimes I get lost in thought,” she said with a smile.
Dean understood about being alone even with Sam he sometimes wished for more varied company.  Dean nodded his understanding as they went in to take their seats. 
He found Amber right away even though she was dressed as one of several flowers.  She was tall for her age and her voice was quite nice for one so young.  Ari smiled her admiration of her child’s performance.  Dean couldn’t hold back a grin either, she was a cute kid.

    When they dropped Amber off at the house Dean went in with Ari to be introduced to her mother.  He had insisted though Ari was hesitant.  He would need to talk to her mother soon about her father activities; he figured he might as well meet her.
Dean wasn’t surprised to see that Ann Mayfield was a petite Causcasian lady.  Her once blonde hair was white and worn stylish in a short hair do.  She smiled when she saw him at the door.
“Come in honey, I know you have reservations it will just take a minute.”
Dean nodded as he followed the older woman while Ari took Amber to her bedroom to get ready for bed.
“So young man what are your intentions?” Ann said as she sat down opposite Dean at the kitchen table.
Dean swallowed.  His intentions were not something he planned to discuss with anyone other than Ari. 
“I, uh…”
“I am just pulling your leg young man.  Ari told me you would be leaving town soon.   Just do what you can to make her smile, will you?  That is all I ask,” Ann said to Dean as Ari walked in the room.
“You ready?  We should go,” she said as she tilted her head and looked at her mother who had a grin on her face.
“Okay, sure.  Nice to meet you Ann, we should chat sometime before we leave,” he said as he got up.
“That would be nice,” the older lady said.
Ari hugged her mother before she followed Dean to the car, “What are you up to?” she whispered to Ann who could be a bit of a meddler.
“I’m sorry about my mother,” Ari said as they backed out of the drive.
“Don’t be, she seems to have the same sense of humor as you.  She seems nice.”
Ari had to know what her mother had told Dean and could only laugh when he revealed it to her.

TBC
Chapter 3 by EdenWrites
Author's Notes:
I thought I might let everyone know I love cliffhangers.  :)
Ari watched Dean as he slept; she could see the little crow’s feet around his eyes.  The dimples in his cheeks that were visible even as he slept. The bruise on his cheek seemed to be fading, though he would have a scar from the cut above his eyebrow.  But she knew it wouldn’t matter he would still be handsome.  She saw various other scars on his body: one near his hip, quite a few on his arms and abdomen.  He also looked as though he had endured heart surgery because of the scar line up the middle of his chest.  She wondered about the hard life he led.  She could only imagine what it was like to fight demons.  She wished that she had done things in her life to help others instead of making money pleasing the depraved in society.  Yes, her checks had been fat but she had put up with a lot to get that money and she could only hope the last pimp never found her.  He had threatened to kill her if he did.  He had insisted no one ever left the life alive. 

She shook her head at her disturbing thoughts to go back to watch Dean.  He seemed more comfortable in the hotel then he had in her bed.  That was to be expected it was what he was used to.  She liked the way his lips looked even in slumber; soft and full, she dearly wanted to kiss them again.  For minutes, she considered it but he needed his rest.  She wished she could stay but Sam was probably waiting for them to remove the do not disturb sign so he could come in to rest himself.  She considered writing a note and leaving right away but another part of her wanted him to hold her again.  She wanted to feel him inside her one more time before daylight.
 
    They both lay naked on top of the sheet because the room had seemed warm.  She had teased him it was them that was hot and he had laughed before he took her in his strong muscled arms.  She hadn’t wanted to wake him but decided that she would surprise him.  She got up and went to stand at the end of the bed then straddled her legs over his on the sheet before she took him in her mouth.  He tasted salty but she got passed that easily as she went about sucking and rubbing him in concert.  He woke up with a grin but said nothing even after she was done.  He pulled her up his body to kiss her boldly on the mouth.  She was certain he tasted himself in the process but didn’t seem to mind.  He leaned up to lay her on her back as he continued the kiss while he stroked her with his hand going up and down her suddenly awakened body.  He caressed and touched each part then moved his lips to her neck where he sucked readily as he persisted in leaving a mark.  She liked the idea that he wanted to do that.  It seemed sweet in a world where men’s only desire was to receive pleasure for themselves.  His stroking between her thighs was insistent until she thought she would explode. 
“Dean.”
“Go with the flow, okay.”
A few minutes later, the explosion inside her seem to rock her to the core.  He smiled as he moved between her legs to enter her.  From slow and gentle to deeper and more demanding.  The double whammy of the invasion was something she enjoyed fully as she moaned against his neck.  When the waves ceased he lay beside her again.
“One good turn deserves another,” he said with a smile as he kissed her lips again.
She bit her lip, “That was amazing, even better than last night.”
“I aim to please,” he teased as he moved her head against his shoulder. 

    She sighed, but she knew she should leave.  She did not want to wear out her welcome as she began to worry about Sam again.  She was in his space though Dean didn’t seem to mind.
“I should go so Sam can come back,” she said.
“Sam got another room.”
“Oh.”
“I’m sorry I didn’t want you to rush off, and he felt better about the idea than waiting around for us.”
“So I can stay?”
“As long as you want.  You don’t have to rush off do you?”
“I could leave early in the morning if that’s okay.”
“Fine with me,” he said before he got up to retrieve the comforter.
“Dean about earlier, does that make you uncomfortable?’
He looked in her eyes before he shook her head.  She had revealed her past life to him over dinner with tears of regret.  He hadn’t known what to say it was certainly not what he had expected to hear from the sweet quiet woman beside him.

{Flashback}
“So your father was a pastor but he exorcised people, to help them?”
“Yes, I don’t know how that all works but it sounds scary to me.  I was surprised when I found out from Aunt Ellen.  She had witnessed one as it happened and she never went back to my dad’s church.  My mother never mentioned it.”
“It’s not for the faint of heart and all kinds of things can go wrong.”
“So you and Sam have done them too.”
“A few, I don’t recommend it at all.  There is no way to predict the outcome.”
She had been quiet after that for a bit as she ate her soup.  Dean watched her and could tell she wanted to say something else.
“Ari my brother is more of the counselor type he is the one that usually questions the witnesses.  But even I can see there is something on your mind.”
She nodded but it seemed too soon to tell her past, he would just go running in the night like the last guy she told, she thought.
“I mean its up to you.  I want to help you get pass these dreams and it seems you father may be a connection.”
“Why?”
“I am reaching at straws but his dealings with the supernatural could have opened him up to say opportunities or situations which he may have responded to in a negative way.”
“My father was a good man,” she insisted.
He didn’t know how to tell her that good men fell everyday without being judgmental so he took a bite of his burger to stall.
She sighed.  “Dean my dad thought I was possessed.”
Dean swallowed hard, and then took a sip of his beer.
“Why?”
She licked her lips and stared him in the eyes.
“I was a call girl for a while.”
She put her head down then played with the salad on her plate.
“That does not make you possessed.  That is a big jump to that state I am certain.”
He thought their might be more to the confession so he waited.
“He accused me of being a spawn of the devil more than once,” she said as the tears came and she tried to dab them away with her napkin.
Dean shook his head.  Maybe he should just change the subject.  He was at a loss for words.  He needed to get to the bottom of the issue for her safety but he had no desire to discredit her father though he was convinced that was the problem. 
“We can talk of this later,” he said as they got ready to leave the restaurant.
{End Flashback}

    He wanted to console her but he had not idea how.  He could only say that her past was not something he had the right to judge.  She had assured him that she did not have any diseases or AIDS.  He was convinced she was on the road to getting her life straight.  It showed in her demeanor.  She looked at him pleadingly.  He felt useless all he had to offer was a bit of sexual pleasure.  He had nothing else to give and it bothered him.  All the time he had spent having one-night stands he had never gotten to know any of the woman.  He was a man obsessed with the hunt and a little “nookie’ on the side was all he could afford to expend.  Sam insisted it was for the sake of the people they met that they not get involved.  He was certain all he could give Ari was freedom from bad dreams and hopefully her life if what he believed was true.”

    “I am not going to judge you, what happened before is done.  Your daughter needs you in the present.”
“Sounds pretty wise was for a non counselor type,” she said with a grin as she looked up into his hazel eyes.
She would miss him when he was gone.  They held one another all night but before she left the next morning they did not make a date to see each other again.  She assumed it was because of her confession.  But, Dean surprised her that night by calling.
“Hey Ari, do you think your mother would consent to talk to me about your dad?”
“Yeah, sure um,,, you want to come over now?”
“No I was thinking tomorrow Sam and I could drop by.”
“Oh sure.”
“Good, I guess you did not have bad dreams last night, you didn’t wake up in your sleep,” he said in an effort to keep her on the line.
“No they are not every night just most.  Maybe I was just too relaxed,” she teased.
“I have that effect on some,” he replied.
She didn’t want to think of him with anyone else but she said nothing.
“So what time?”
“After church for lunch if that is okay.”
“Sounds good, see you then,” he said before he hung up.

    Sam watched him from across the room.  He knew Dean liked Ari but he had spent all day giving him reasons to leave her alone.  Dean had ended up going for a drive to get some peace.  He knew Sam was right, maybe he just like the idea of saving the damsel in distress. Sam wasn’t convinced that Ari was a hunt yet.   Maybe the heart flutters, and excitement he felt around her was all lust.  He should phone Cassie that would bring him back down to earth, but he hadn’t phoned.  He just sat in the park and daydreamed about Ari.  He was turning into Sam despite his every attempt not to. 

    That night Dean went back to the bar, he wanted to prove to himself that he was fine.  He wasn’t the commitment type and this was the place to prove it.  The bar was packed since it was Saturday night. There were a few hot picks.  A dark haired lady with long legs and tight jeans eyed him as he walked in.  He smiled but kept going toward the bar.  On his left was a couple of blondes, buxomy just the way he liked them.  He smirked in their direction after he got the bartenders attention.
“Yeah.”
“One bud, please,” he said as he put a ten-dollar bill on the counter. 
“Coming right up.”
Once he had the beer he turned to face the crowd, across the room a red head caught his eyes. She wore a short little skirt with a short top and red cowboy boots.  Unfortunately the boots blew the deal.  She is tryng to hard.  He walked over to the jukebox to check it the “tune” selection.  He was almost done scanning as he shook his head at the options when he saw a movement out of the corner of his eye.  He turned around to see Ari on the dance floor with a tall blonde.  He immediately disliked the way the man looked at his friend.  She didn’t seem to mind as she closed her eyes to get into the beat, she seemed to just enjoy dancing.  She is free to do as she pleases, breathe, breathe, you are the one who blew her off tonight, breathe.  When the song was over she left the dance floor with the man and they sat at a table across the room.  She laughed at something the man said then looked up to see that Dean stood at their table.

    “Hi,” he said calmly.
“Hey,” she said with a smile.
The blonde looked from Dean to Ari.
“Do you know this guy?”
“Yeah I do,” she said with a smile at Dean.
They just stared at one another as the guy started to get angry.
“So buddy, do you have something to say or you just looking?”
Dean glared at the guy.
“No, I just wanted to say hi.”
He smiled once more at her as he walked away with an ache in his heart.
“See you tomorrow,” she said to his retreating back, he nodded but did not turn around again.
He left after that, his mind was muddled.  He had lost all desire for sex that night at least with a faceless stranger. 

    Sam was surprised when he arrived back at the hotel about an hour or so after he had left to go out.
“What happened? The bar closed?”
“No,” Dean said as he went in the bathroom to take a cold shower.
He stayed in the bath quite a while, Sam shook his head when Dean finally resurfaced. 
“You want to talk about it?” Sam asked as he looked up from the laptop.
“No,” Dean said as he got under the covers.
“Ari was there right?”
“Good night Sammy.”
Sam shook his head, his brother had been bitten by the love bug, but he was convinced he could get over it.  He had to, it was the only decent thing he could do. 

    At lunch the next day, Sammy charmed Amber with his puppy dog eyes from the moment they walked in the door.
“Hey cutie,” he said to the little girl as she looked up at him.
“You are a giraffe,” she said with a grin.
Sam smiled as he picked her up to give her a hug, he couldn’t resist her little smile.  She giggled before her grandmother came in the room.
“Hey you two get in here the food is getting cold,” she said with a wink.
“You came for lunch, yeah,” Amber said once Sam put her down. 
She reached for Dean’s hand as she led him to the kitchen.  Ari was in the room putting the finishing touches on the salad.
“Hey you two,” she said cheerfully.
“Hey,” Dean said at her smile.
They all sat down before Amber took the lead and said grace.
“Dear God, thank you for this food and for Dean and his brother.  I hope its good, Amen.”
Ari tried not to laugh but Sam pulled Amber’s hair and she giggled up at him.  They were like a little family, Ari thought.  Sam was the big kid she could see that right away where Dean was the protector with the hard shell around him that he rarely let go of. She looked at him under lowered lashes.  He smiled but ate silently. 

    After lunch, Ari took Amber outside to play off some of her meal before her naptime. Sam and Dean sat with Ann around the table.
“Mrs. Mayfield, we need to ask you some questions about your late husband.  Is that okay?” Sam asked in his soothing voice.
“What kind of questions?”
“I believe the nightmares that Ari is having has something to do with your husband’s past or possible someone else in your family.”
“We want to help her get rid of the nightmares,” Sam added.
“But they are just silly dreams,” Ann said defensively.
Dean shook his head; how were they going to learn anything without being upfront?
He decided to stop the beating around the bush.
“Ann, in your husband’s dealing he may have had occasion to encounter any other worldly beings?” Dean said as delicately as possible.
“What?  He was a minister of course he dealt with spirits. They are all around us,” she said with anger in her voice.

    Sam decided if she wasn’t afraid of the possibility of supernatural occurrences then they should just tell her what they did.  He looked at Dean but Dean was looking longingly outside.
“Ann what we do for a living my help you understand our line of questions,” Sam said before he told his tale. 
Dean wandered outside as he heard Sam going over their history with Ann.
Ari sat on the tire swing while Amber swang on the swingset.
“So how was your night?”
“Oh it was okay, I left not long after you,” she said as she moved her feet back and forth.  Dean noticed she was barefoot which went with her lightweight shorts she wore.  The day was hot and sunny just the kind he liked. 
“Oh,” he said as he stood in front of her.
She smiled up at him, she leaned up to go into his arms.  The high pitched scream came first a moment later then the back door flew open, Sam held Ann in his arms. There was blood dripping from her hand and her eyes were wild.
“I’ll explain in the car, we should take her to the hospital,” he said with a frown and concern in his eyes.


TBC
Chapter 4 by EdenWrites
Author's Notes:

ari, dean winchester

I noticed this one has a cliffhanger too so I will go ahead and add the next one. I won't be that cruel.  

“What’s wrong with Grandma.” Amber asked.
“Sam, what happened?” Dean asked as Ari rushed inside to get another towel to wrap around her mother’s hand.
“She broke a glass,” as he looked down at the small woman in his arms before he shook his head.
Ari came back out with the towel and they all rushed to the Impala.  Dean jumped in the driver’s seat while Sam helped the girls get in the back.   Then he ran around to passenger side of the car and they took off toward the hospital.
“Mommy, mommy,” Amber said as she looked up at Ari.
“She’ll be fine, honey,” Ari said as she looked up to see Dean’s kind eyes in the mirror.
“I passed the hospital on the way here, its not far, right?”
She nodded at him before she looked over at her mother who seemed pale as she struggled to stay awake.  The blood had soaked through both towels and Ari wrapped the one waiting in her lap but this time she applied pressure.  Something that had missed initially.
“Will be there in a minute,” she said to her mother as she looked in her eyes.
She only nodded at her daughter, her only child.

    Once they were at the hospital emergency room Sam rushed in with Ann in his arms, Ari and Amber followed as Dean went to park the car.  They sight of all the blood had the nurses rushing to get to the older woman.  They took her to be checked out right away.  The Emergency room was full and many turned to look at Ari and her daughter as they went to the counter to give them information for her mother.  A couple of people glared at them because they were still waiting their turn to be seen.
“What makes you so special?” One young woman asked as Ari hurried to find a seat out of the way she kept her head down not wanting to look at anyone around her. 
Then she saw Sam as he waved to her that he had some seats near the restrooms out of the flow of traffic. 
“It’s okay, it’s not your fault.  Your mother’s naturally sallow complexion made them think she was urgent.   With all the blood loss it’s good they got her in,” he said as he looked at Amber as she watched Dean walk in. 
“Thanks, Sam, your quick thinking was a blessing.”
“What happened back there?” Dean asked as he sat in the chair near Ari.

    Sam said they had spoken of Ari’s father and his great work with the church but when Sam asked if anything unusual had happened over the years, Ann became agitated.  She had squeezed the glass in her hand so tightly that it broken and shards became stuck in her hand.  She looked a bit wild eyed at him, but he took out the pieces as best he could then realized his mistake.  The broken pieces had been keeping the blood from gushing out.  He wrapped her hand in a dishtowel, then noticed she seemed out of it.  That was when he had rushed outside.
Dean shook his head.
“Do you remember what upset her?  What exactly was it about her husband?”
“I don’t know but the reaction told me that she knows something about what is going on,” he said sadly, as he looked at Ari.
“Is there anything that you want to tell us?” Dean asked as he leaned his head on hers.
“No, I wasn’t around the last few years of my father’s life,” she said with meaning as she bit her lip.
“Well, will just talk to her later,” Dean said as Sam got up.
“I am going in search of coffee, want to come?” he asked Amber.
She looked at her mother who nodded. 
“If there isn’t anything drinkable here, I saw a Starbucks down the road,” Sam said as he took the little girls hand. 
“See you soon,” Ari said as she kissed Amber’s cheek.

    “I think she likes Sam,” Ari said as she looked at Dean.
“He has that effect on people,” he grinned.
They were silent as they listened to the noise of those around them.  Mostly the kids played on the not to clean hospital floors while their parents waited in anguish and pain for their names to be called.  Ari knew the system was far from perfect, those she was grateful they had taken her mother back, it was possible she was in a line on the exam side still waiting to be seen.  She tried not to think about it, God please let her be okay.

    Dean watched her though they were quiet.  Her dark lashes lay on her cheeks as she looked down at her hands.  He thought she had nice slender fingers, elegant, he still could not get in his head what she had done in her life.  It just seemed so out of left field for her personality.  But didn’t we all have to play a role? Weren’t we all put in situations and asked to do things that we would have never considered on our on at times? She looked up at him finally. 
“I’ll go see what’s going on,” he said as he went toward the counter.
The lady that sat across from them came to seat beside Ari as soon as Dean walked away.
“I know who you are, that white boy of yours don’t make you no better than me.  I saw you at the bar hustling the men for change.  Don’t deny it,” she whispered in Ari’s ear before Dean came back to get his seat.
The woman eyed Dean with a gold tooth grin, then sat in her original seat.  Ari glared at the woman.  She had mistaken her for someone else.  She had never hustled in this town.  Her life was on track and she hated that the woman had spoken to her at all but especially about things she had no knowledge of.
“She a friend of yours?” he asked politely.
Ari only shook her head, before he told her Ann was being examined but it could be another hour or so. 
“The nurse said not to worry they stopped the bleeding….but there could be nerve damage in her hand now.”
“Oh.”
Dean took her hand in his, he had avoided contact just to keep his wits about him.  The woman grinned at them though she made Dean uncomfortable with her staring. 
“They won’t know for sure until they are done, she was only guessing,” he insisted.
Ari nodded, she knew he was doing what he could to keep her relaxed.

    Sam and Amber came back threw the doors thirty minutes after they had gone.
“So you had to grow, ground and brew your own java, Sammy?” Dean asked with a grin as he took the cup from his brother.
“You’re welcome, and its Sam,” Sam replied.
Amber laughed.
“Thank you Sam,” Ari said as he gave her a cup too.
Amber grinned as she sipped from her little cup.
“What are you drinking, munchkin,” Ari asked her daughter.
“Little girl coffee.”
Sam smiled, “Hot chocolate.”
“Smooth move,” Dean teased him.

    Three hours came and went before they were able to take Ann home again.  Some of her color had returned to her face as they walked her to the car.  Her hand was bandaged where they had put the stitches and she had a sling to keep the hand above her heart, at least over night. 
“Thanks, boys, I am sorry about all this,” she said as the pulled out of the parking lot.
“Don’t you worry about us, you just relax and we will get you home,” Sam said as he smiled over at he older woman.
Ari was in the front seat this time, since Sam had insisted despite Dean’s look of astonishment.  He was the one encouraging Dean to keep it light and simple with Ari but he figured maybe he should let things happen, naturally.  Sam had seen the look of pain on Dean’s face when he came back with the coffee.  His brother had mixed feelings and he wasn’t sure how he felt about it.  At least with Cassie, Sam had not been around to see what Dean had gone through. Though he could imagine his one night-stand rate had tripled over night.  Dean didn’t deal well with emotions and rejection had been a strong catalyst for him to shut his heart up all over again.  But now that Sam had seen Dean with Ari he had decided to step back and stay out of it.  They were both consenting adults besides she knew Dean was leaving, soon.   If things turned tragic Sam would help Dean just as Dean had always been there for him.  It was a promise he made to himself .

    Back at the house, Dean suggested that Ann should rest for the night but she wanted to continue the conversation with them all.   Ari took Amber to her room to take her nap with a promise of apple pie when she woke up.  When she returned to the room she sat on the sofa with her mother who was wide awake and even a bit chipper now.  Or pretending to be, Ari thought.  Dean and Sam sat in two wingback chairs across the room from the sofa.  They both had their coffees and sipped them as they waited to began.
“Young man.”
“It’s Sam,” he smiled.
“I’m sorry, Sam.  You asked me earlier if anything happened that was unusual with my husband.  Well I assume you mean in the supernatural realm, because he, Darren, was a minister things that were as you say unusual seemed to follow him,” she said with a twinkled grin.
Then she sighed before she got up to show them a picture of her husband as a young man.  He was brown-skinned black man with chiseled features, in the first picture but in the more recent one though you could tell he had been remained handsome he seemed tired.  She commented on the photographs as she put them back on the table.
“We were both raised in the south just north of New Orleans, when we first got together there was a big to-do because of our races.  We were both stubborn and proud of it so we never let it get us down.  We did have to come North to get married which was fine with us, it brought us closer together, at least in the beginning.”
“My mother divorced my father about seven years ago,” Ari added with a look at her mother.
“Even that you don’t know the entire story about,” she said to her daughter.

    Ann went on to tell them that when he first became a minister long before Ari was born, we had a small congregation, mostly family and  a few friends.  Things were simple but in the seminary they encourage you to do things to add people sometimes it meant getting into debt to buy a building.  Things that bring stress to not just congregations but couples also.
“You have an older brother, Ari, who is not my son,” she confessed.
“What?”
“Your father had a brief affair with one of his parishioners.  I forgave him though we kept up with the mother and her child.  His name is Tony, he lives in Massachusetts and works as a surgeon.  He is a very intelligent and kind young man, he has two sons with his wife Maya,” she said with tears in her eyes.
“Why have you keep these things from me? I have a brother, a sister in law, and nephews?”
“It’s not my story, its your fathers, but I am sorry we never told you.”
Ari batted her eyes as she swallowed back her tears .
“Ann can you tell us more about your husband?” Sam said to get them back on track.

     After about a year he went off to a retreat for ministers and when he came back he was never the same.  It’s not that he became violent or that type thing but the people flocked to his church almost out of thin air.   That went on for over thirty years, the buildings had to keep getting larger to hold all the people.  He was never violent and she stressed that but he was different.  She honestly could never put my finger on the difference.  When Ari was born he seemed to change back to his old self for a while, again the change was only something she noticed but it was gone after a while. 
“You were totally clueless?” Sam asked.
She nodded. 
“Maybe you didn’t want to know, because as you said he seemed okay,” Ari suggested.

    She only nodded again.  Her husband waited almost thirty-two years to tell her what had happened on that retreat.  He came to her in tears.
“I can’t do this anymore he told me.  I have to fight back,” she said with tears running down her face.
Ari got up to get her a tissue.
“What did he tell you?” Dean asked.
“He made a deal with the devil, many of the people did, it was a ritual they performed.  It was something he could never tell anyone because…..then they would all be in danger.”
Ari looked at her mother and knew she wasn’t making things up.
“Momma, …” she began but her mother held her hand up.
“After he told me he asked me to leave him.  He thought if I were out of the way I would come to no harm.  Ari, your father divorced me to save me.”
“Oh.  I didn’t know,” she said as she hugged her mother.
She had never understood how her mother could walk out on her father but she was busy with her life and never investigated.  Maybe its all my fault.

    Dean looked at Sam.  They needed to move along with the story but they didn’t want to rush them. Women’s emotions could be a tricky thing.
“So Ann, Ari said your husband was hearing noises before he died.  Did he call you about that?” Sam asked.
“He told me but we chalked it up to a wild imagination.  After he told me the secret his congregation began doing exorcism he believed that God’s power would protect him if he would help the possessed.  It became a big thing in his church.”
“What happened instead?” Dean asked.
“He broke the contract by doing the exorcisms.  He only figured out the connection when one of his friends who was a fellow ministers confessed to hearing the sound of barking behind him at times.  That minister was found,…. mauled to death.   It all came together in his mind.”
“That is why daddy killed himself?” Ari asked as though she was a young girl all over again.

    “Yes.  Your father regretted the things he said to you, later he confessed he needed to keep you away from him too.  He loved you very much his only sweet girl.”
Ari was quiet as she got up to warm her coffee in the microwave.  Dean followed her while Sam spoke quietly with Ann.
“You okay?”
“Sure,” she said without turning around though she wiped back her tears with her hand.
He pulled her to him then turned her so he could kiss her, he saw so much sadness in her eyes.  He felt he could touch it, it was tangible.  He didn’t think words could help and part of him was aware that it wasn’t the best time for a kiss.  On the other hand,  he knew he spoke more fluently with his body then his mouth.  For a moment they didn’t care that they could be seen from the living room as her hands went into his hair.  All other thoughts fled from their minds, as he pressed his tongue in her mouth.  Sam cleared his throat from across the room.  Ari moved away from Dean as her heart raced.
“Thank you, for being here, you know, trying to help us,” she said as the microwave dinged.
He put his arm around her as they went to sit down again after she got her warmed coffee.

    “So the church activities were the key?  Demons are not omnipotent, they have to be at the right place at the right time,” Dean stated.
“They didn’t know he told me?”
Dean shook his head, “Not likely.”
Suddenly Ann’s eyes rolled back in her head and she fell over on the sofa.  Ari looked at her mother curiously for a moment.
“Ari?”

TBC
Chapter 5 by EdenWrites
“What’s wrong with her Ari?”
For a moment, she looked at Dean as though she didn’t see him as he leaned beside her leg.  Sam moved Ann to a more comfortable position on the sofa and readjusted her sling.
“Um, she is diabetic, she didn’t get her insulin, I’m sure that’s it.”
Sam stood up ready for action, “Where is it?”
Ann started to come around; Dean helped her up while Ari went to get the medicine. 
When she came back, she asked, “Can one of you do it?”
Dean looked at Sam who shook his head. 
“I’ll do it,” Dean said as he listened to Ari’s instructions.
Once the medicine was administered Ann looked a better. She took a deep breathed and apologized for causing so much trouble. 
“I’m sorry boys this just hasn’t been my day.”

    Ari had gone into the kitchen to make sandwiches while Dean and Sam helped her mother.  Afterward she went to awaken Amber from her nap.   They all ate quietly a few minutes later.  Dean watched Ari as she made sure Amber was eating.
“Thanks for helping out,” Ari said to the Winchesters.
“Not a problem,” Sam said.
“Says he who is afraid of needles,” Dean teased his brother.
Everyone laughed.  The tension in the room was broken and things went back to being upbeat. While Amber’s promised Apple pie was served,though it had limited sugar, once again everyone enjoyed the dessert in silence.
“The sign of good food is when no one has anything to say,” Ann said before putting a combination bite of pie and ice cream in her mouth.
“This is really good,” Sam tried to say around his piece that filled his mouth.
Dean laughed; his brother was always a lover of sweets.   He thought the pie was good but he spent most of his time looking in Ari’s direction as she tried not to be affected by his staring.  Amber chattered with Sam as she sat next to him.
“Can they stay with us so we can watch a movie?” Amber asked her mother.
“Honey I am sure they have other things to do besides hang out with us,” Ari said as she looked at Dean with hopes that he was free for the evening.

    “We should really get going we have to leave early in the morning,” Sam said.
Dean nodded but while Ann put the dishes in the washer and Sam waited in the living room Dean pulled Ari to her bedroom.  He guided her to the bed where he pulled her into his lap. 
“We are going to be gone for a couple of days max, but you put me on speed dial and call me if you need to talk.  Or just want to talk, okay?” he said.
She nodded, “You mean about the nightmares?”
“Anything,” he smiled before he kissed her while he ran his hand under her t-shirt. 
He was beginning to care for this woman too much; though he knew it he couldn’t stop himself.  Being a pleasure seeker was a trap; he had known it for a while.  He believed what he felt was different.  His desires were not pure of heart, but for Dean the emotions she evoked in him were close.  To serve and protect had been his motto, but now the protection he needed was from his own awakening feelings.   He should have guarded his heart better, with Cassie, but now he was doing the same thing as he had then.  Would he ever learn his lesson?  He had fooled himself into believing all those one-night stands were more than enough, until now.  She looked up at him as she bit her lip, then sighed.
“I will call, don’t worry,” she teased.
“Maybe I was just thinking phone sex,” he said with a grin.
She laughed, “I knew that’s what you meant.”
Keep it light, buddy, keep it light he said to himself. 

    The next evening after work, Ari approached her car only to see Rick, the blonde from the club, stood there.  She didn’t worry immediately at the sight of him, now again they bumped into one another around town.  It was a small village so it was natural to run into one another. 
“Hey,” she said with a smile.
He smiled back but she could tell right away the smile did not reach his eyes.  He met her on the path and they walked in silence for a few moments. 
“What’s up?” she asked into the quiet that had immediately put up her radar.
Why is he here at my job?  This is not our normal meeting place.
“Not much,” he said as she opened her door then got in before he could lean on her car. 
She automatically locked the door put cracked the window a bit, he didn’t seem to notice as he smiled the same dead smile at her.
“Rick, I would love to talk but I am running late for class, I can’t be late again.   I need this degree to start my career,” she explained a bit hesitantly as he seemed comfortable against her car.
“Sure, I just wanted to ask if you wanted to go out this weekend,” he said as he finally stood up straight and looked in her eyes.
She smiled, but she had never wanted to date the guy before she met Dean, he was just an acquaintance at the bar, she had no desire now to take that any farther.
“I really don’t have the time for an actual date, Rick, I’m sorry.  Everything is hectic with work, school and my kid.  I do appreciate the offer,” she insisted as she put her car in reverse. 
Rick had seen her out a dinner with Dean but he nodded at her comment.
“Well, let me know if you change your mind,” he said in a way he thought sounded amiable but Ari felt threatened though it was nothing she could put a finger on, as she tried not to panic.
He waved as she backed out, she took a deep breath.  That went well.

    She saw Rick’s car behind her when she left the parking lot but didn’t pay much attention since the streets were limited in the area.  But after a few miles he was still behind her she became nervous.   He wasn’t just a car length behind her he was almost on her bumper.  What is going on?  Think, think, what should I do?  She swerved a bit as she dug in her purse for her cell phone.  Once she found it she dialed 911.
“Nine, one, one operator, Sue.  What is your emergency?”
“I think I am being followed.”
“Why is that?”
“I just turned down a date with this guy now he is all over my bumper.  I am driving in my car toward the college.  I can’t be late.  This is so nerve racking……..  Sh*t.”
“What was that?” the operator asked.
“He just slammed into my bumper.”
“Okay Miss, we will send someone, which road are you on?”
“Old Mill, about two miles from Mercy College, headed East.”
“Hold on, but don’t hang up.  Drive slower if you can,” she said before she put her on hold.
Rick had hit the car three times but then, not quite ramming hits but definitely jarring.  She tried not to break, but to let him push here along, lessen the resistance.  What an idiot? I should have known he wasn’t happy with my answer.  Men.
The operator came back on the line, “Okay Mam, this is your lucky day.  We have a squad in that area, so just keep going in the direction and he will pull the guy over.  You stay in the CAR.   Let them handle it when they stop him you stop and wait for them to approach you.  Okay?”
“Yes, Thank you,” she sighed as she kept driving.
She phoned her instructor to let him know what was happening but she got his voicemail.  All she could do was leave a message.  She doubted she would make it to class by the time the formalities were done.  She might even need to go down to the police station, she thought.  What a way to ruin her day, she wished Dean was there. By the time she was ready to turn into the college she saw the police car pull Rick over behind her.  She stopped and did as she had instructed. 

    That morning Sam and Dean had driven an hour away to do away with an angry spirit.  The thing was haunting an old couple in their home where they had lived the last fifty years.  Dean insisted maybe that is why they have new homes, but even then you don’t know who lived on the land before.  It is just as likely to be a new house on what used to be a graveyard as not.  The couple’s daughter was the one who they had spoken to about the problem.  She was a believer in the supernatural, which had helped them on the case from the beginning.  She had placed an ad in a local paper for help with her problem. Though she had tried a few things on her own; a séance, using herbs and a couple other things she refuse to reveal. 

    “Amateurs,” Dean had laughed when Sam told him.
Sam was glad that at least she had taken initiative but he had encouraged her to wait until they came to try the séance again.  Sam had gotten the impression from her that she wanted to help them.  Dean hated the idea, besides he hated séance’s with a passion.  He insisted they were creepy which always made Sam laugh aloud.  Their lives were creepy he told his brother.

    The lady, Paris, met them at the door dressed like a gypsy.  She wore beads and a long flowing dress.  She was a petite Brunette with flashing green eyes.  Sam thought she was cute.  Dean was not as impressed.  He thought the costume was a bit much for any occasion especially this one.
“Hi,” Sam said.
“You are Dean and Sam right?”
They nodded as she let them in the house.  She had packed her parents up for the day and sent them on an overnight trip. She no longer lived in the house but it was her home as a child.  Dean still didn’t like the idea, if she was sure it was her dead brother haunting the place he had let Sam know they should just go salt and burn the remains and be done.  He really wanted to get back to Ari.  Sam told him this was their job and they should be amiable to those who needed them.  Maybe the sister could make peace with her brother and he would no longer be upset. 

    After a few tries at the séance with no results, Dean suggested they take a break.  It was already late since Sam had wanted to hear the history of the house, then the reasons Paris thought that the spirit was her brother.  That process had taken over three hours, Dean had decided Sam liked to talk to the girl entirely too much. 
“Sam, you said this was a job, if I had known it was a date I would have sent you alone,” Dean said when he pulled his brother to the side while Paris prepared them lunch. 
“Relax, she said her brother died in a fire, right?”
“Yeah, he probably blames her parents because they were never around.  Maybe we should let him haunt them and move on,” Dean said grimly.
“Tell me you don’t really think its okay.  Someone could get hurt, it’s not like you to want innocents to be harmed,” Sam said as he looked at his brother while he ran his finger through his already mussed up hair. 
He figured Dean was worried about Ari and the hellhounds but they still needed to get the current job completed. 

    By the time Ari got home from the police station she was exhausted.  They had arrested him and she pressed charges but she had gotten the call on the way back that someone had bailed him out.  What a waste of my time.  She had gotten a restraining order and because of the emergency operators information she was able to get it immediately.   However, the fact that he was out of jail made her feel vulnerable.  She checked the door locks and windows at least three times before she looked in on her daughter and mother before she went to bed. 

    Sam was convinced after spending all day with Paris that they should go and do what they knew to do.  Dean groaned as the got in the car after salting and burning the bones.  Sam was on the phone with Paris as the left the cemetery on the way to the motel for the night. 
“Let’s us know if anything else happens,” he said before he hung up.
“I sure hope you keep that number handy after all of this,” Dean teased.
Sam made no comment but he grinned to himself.  He thought Paris seemed like a nice lady, though naïve about what she believed in.  Maybe he could teach her a few things and she could get them some business in the area.  He knew Dean would like that though he wasn’t going to reveal his plan.
 
    At the hotel after their showers, Dean finally called Ari again.  He had tried earlier but only gotten her voice mail.  This time she picked up on the first ring.
“Hey,” he said.
“Hi,” she said softly as she snuggled under the covers.
“Just in time, I am finally in the bed.”
Dean looked a the clock, it was after one in the morning.
Before she could explain he heard the sound of glass breaking and a scream.
“Sh*t, Dean let me call you back.”
Dean sat still for only a second before he jumped from the bed.  He gathered all his things as Sam watched curiously.
“What’s going on?”
“We have to go.”
He was out the door before Sam knew he had gone.  What?  He was tired and ready for bed.  What was going on now?
Dean came back to the door a second later, “You coming or what?”
“Dean, wait.” Sam said as he threw his things in his duffle bag.

    An hour and a half later, they arrived at Ari’s house to see several squad cars in the drive.  The door was open and policeman where going in and out, about three of them, that Dean could see.  What had happened?  I knew something happened.
He could see Ari as she spoke with a police officer near the front door.  The policeman near the door tried to stop he and Sam from going inside.  Ari looked up and told them it was okay.  Dean looked around once he was inside but could not see anything out of place and there was no blood.  Sam wondered over to talk with Amber who seemed lost as she sat on the sofa, quietly.  Dean found Ann in the kitchen at the table and he went to speak with her.
“What’s going on?”
She told him the entire story, including the part where Rick came back and threw a rock with a note in Ari’s window. 
“What?” Dean asked.
She shook her head.  When had their lives flipped upside down?  She looked at Dean, sadly.
“She is fine, but I think she may need to have you around later.”
Dean nodded.  He wasn’t going anywhere, except maybe to kill Rick at his earliest opportunity.  He hated egotistical male types, the ones that abused woman and took advantage of those less fortunate.  He should have known when he met the man he was bad news.  But Ari had not seemed threatened that night when he met the blonde.  Things change so rapidly in life.

    Ari took Amber to bed when the policeman left while Sam and Dean waited in the living room.  Sam sighed as he watched Dean.  He had insisted to his brother in the car that something was wrong but Sam had believed Dean had over reacted.  He had even suggested that Ari had only dropped something.  But he had to admit the fact that she never called Dean back during their entire ride, which was suspicious.  As the moments had gotten close to an hour and they had driven nearer to Ari’s home, Sam had begun to tense up himself. 
“I’m sorry Dean, you were right.”
“I wish I had not have been.”
Dean stood up as Ari came in the living room.
“Do you want us to stay?”
She nodded, afraid to speak of all she felt.  She put her hand up to indicate that she would be a moment.  When she came back she had bedding for Sam to use on the sofa.  She smiled at Sam.
“Thank you two for coming,” she said to the youngest Winchester.
Then she took Dean’s hand and he followed her upstairs. 

TBC

   
Chapter 6 by EdenWrites
Dean followed Ari into the shower once she was undressed.  He watched as she put her hair up to keep it from getting wet. As soon as they got under the water, he pulled her hair down again.  She looked at him with a frown but he only grinned.
“I’ll help,” he said as he began to massage her scalp after he added shampoo.
She shrugged, it wasn’t that big of a deal, he had just surprised her. She liked the way his hands felt in her hair as she closed her eyes to let him be in control. I love his spontaneity. After the shampoo was out, he added moisturizer then waited patiently a minute as he tapped his feet and kissed her neck during that time, before he rinsed it out.  Ari laughed to herself, he was being especially gentle tonight.

    While he did his hair Ari sponged him off with plenty of shower gel as he tried to focus on getting the soap out of his hair he couldn’t help but to smile.  He could not remember the last time he showered with a woman.  Oh wait, he could remember, okay lets focus on the now.  Once the cleansing was done, he pushed her against the shower wall to have a little fun.  She wrapped her legs around his waist as he picked her up.  It took a bit of caution but it was an interesting way to make out. 

    Dean volunteered to blow dry her hair since he had been the one to wet it to begin with.  He used his fingers to separate the strains as he held the dryer above her head.
“I think you missed your calling,” she teased him as she watched in the mirror.
He smiled at her but was silent.  When he finished the drying she added some pomade to her hair to keep it straightened then made a long braid, before she saw Dean shake his head behind her.
“Can you leave it straight tonight?”
“You have a fascination with my hair?”
He smiled.
”A fetish?”
“A preference,” he said as he led her from the bathroom as he turned off the light.

    When they were in bed and she was snuggled under his arm, she was ready to talk about her day but instead she said things that had been on her mind.
“Dean, until I came home with you that night at the bar I had not gone home with anyone else.”
“Okay.”
“I rarely go to the bar because of work, school, mom and amber.  I am just very busy.”
“Why are you saying this?”
“So you will know I did not encourage Rick.  He was just a guy I knew at the bar.”
“I am glad to know that, but I did not blame you for what happened.  I blame him; guys like him do things like he has done.”
He leaned up so he could look down into her eyes before he kissed her.
“It’s not your fault.”
“Okay.”
Rick needed to be taught a lesson; he made plans for him and Sam to take care of that.  He did not understand how man got their ideas sometimes.  How many men go after women they have never spoken to but maybe the woman smiled at them or looked their way.  He was convinced Rick was the stalker type and something had to be done.

    Ari moved in her sleep as she scrunched up her face to let out a sound.  Dean held her close to him until she looked up.
“It’s okay,” he said soothingly.
“Dean, I was wrong.”
“In the dream I am the daughter that died, the lady being chased in the dream is my mother but somehow it looks like me.”
“Shhhh,” he said as he tried to figure out what she meant.
He couldn’t believe they had not seen the symbolism before.  Her mother was the one that knew what had gone on, why wouldn’t she be the one in danger, not Ari. 
He waited only a moment before he told Ari he needed to do something as he put his clothes on.
 
    He woke Sam to watch the door while he got the supplies from the car.  Sam kept his eyes peeled for Rick or anything strange going on outside while Dean dug around inside the trunk.  He never saw Rick sneak up behind Dean, but Dean had heard him so he turned around and hit him with the shovel that he had in his hand.  Rick when down with a PLOP.  Dean kicked the man in the side as he moved him from behind the car.  He felt no remorse because of the way Rick had treated Ari. 

    Sam and Dean switched places, he came outside to watch Rick while Dean went in to salt the house thoroughly. He did both the upstairs, downstairs, basement, door, windows, and everything he could think of to do.  Then he added wards and amulet for good measure.   He knew it would not kill the hellhounds but it would slow them if they showed before the got the entire mystery figured out. 

    Dean looked at Rick as he finally came around. They had him tied up in a chair in the garage, which they also had salted. 
“Rick, this is my brother, Sam.  I know you remember me, but Sam here has a size fifteen foot that he is itching to put in your behind if you come near this house again.”
“Are we clear on that?” Dean asked.
Rick who was only have awake, nodded as he looked in fear at Sam’s large hands as they held a gun, it was a salt gun but it did the trick. 
“So you will leave and not come back, right?”
Rick nodded again.  He wasn’t that taken with the Black girl to go through all of this.  He just wanted to have a bit of fun with her. 

    The sun rose on the horizon by the time Dean slipped back between the covers to snuggle next to Ari who was sound asleep.  He was tired but he was awestruck by her beauty as he watched her.  Her hair was wild and wavy on the pillows.  Her dark eyelashes lay curled against her tan skin. Her full lips were lightly parted and her even teeth peeked out sultrily.  Twice in a lifetime.  No, this is different, she knows my secret, but still wants me near her.  That has to be a sign.  His hearted raced, just before he traced his finger down her nose and over her lips.

    She opened her eyes to look up at him just before he kissed her. 
“How long have you been awake?”
“Awake I have not gone to sleep yet,” he said with a smile.
“Oh, what time is it?”
Dean looked at the bedside clock.
“Five thirty.”
“Oh, I have about an hour before I need to be up for work,” she said with a smile as she leaned up to pull him down for another kiss.
“Oh, plenty of time,” he replied with a smirk.

    Sam heard Amber when she went into her grandmother’s bedroom because he was still trying to go to sleep after being up all night.   The little girl came into the living room and shook him.
“Sam, I can’t wake grandma,” she said with a pout.
“It’s early Amber give her some time,” he said to the little girl who seemed a bit upset.
She shook her head as she went back into her grandmother’s room again.  Sam moaned as he sat up, I am not going to get any sleep I may as well get that in my head.  He went to stand at the door to watch Amber shake grandmother again.  Sam frowned when he realized the little girl was right. Ann wasn’t moving.  Sh*t, something is very wrong.
“Amber, honey, go get your mother okay.”
Amber nodded as she went to do what she was told.
Sam checked the room to make sure there had been no intrusions but could see right away it was snug and secure.  He leaned over Ann’s mouth to see if she was breathing and she wasn’t.  He touched her forehead and it was cold.  He ran back into the living room, grabbed his cell and dialed nine one one.  She died in her sleep at least.

    Amber knocked on the door of the guest room just as Ari and Dean had finished making love and Dean was tickling her.  They almost didn’t hear the little girl for their laughing. 
“Who is it?” Ari asked with concern in her voice because she assumed it had to be her daughter, though she rarely came up stairs, especially early in the morning.  Her mother took care of her before breakfast.
Amber opened the door, “Mommy come quick, something is wrong with grandma,” she said to Ari as she held the sheet around her. 
“We will be right down,” Dean said.
Amber seemed surprised that Dean was in bed with her mother, as she nodded and ran back down the staircase.

    They dressed hurriedly and raced down to see what was going on.
Sam met Dean at the bottom of the stairs with the news.  Ari stopped when she saw the door to her mother’s room open and her lying still on the bed.
“MOM!!!”
Dean grabbed her from behind to turn into his embrace.  She cried into his shoulder until the ambulance arrived.  Sam held Amber tightly as he tried to explain to her what had happened.
“Honey, look at me okay?”
She looked sadly in his eyes, “Grandma won’t wake up.”
“Amber, she went to be with your grandpa okay.  They are together now.”
He hugged her close to his chest as she began to cry softly into his shoulder. 

    Dean and Ari met the medical team at the front door and they went into take care of the body.  They asked questions that only Ari could explain the answers too.
“She had heart problems as well as diabetes.  She seemed fine but there was a blockage in her heart and she did not want an operation,” Ari told the young man taking notes. 
“You found her this way?”
“Unfortunately my daughter could not wake her this morning.  We had no idea that she had passed away.” She said with a sniffle into the tissue she held in her hand.
The medic nodded as the loaded they body into the ambulance.  There was nothing they could do but take her to be examined if Ari desired other wise they would take her to a funeral home.  Ari asked that they take her to Taylor’s Funeral home for now. 
“You don’t want an autopsy?” Dean asked as they took her mother away.
Ari swallowed as she looked in his eyes.
“She was sick; they said there was no bruising of any kind.  Sam said the room was intact.  She’s gone.  I have to accept that,” she said as he held her again as the closed the front door.  Ari sighed against his shoulder as the tears threatened to come again.

    Ari took the day off and stayed home. Amber did not go to pre-school where she attended three days a week.  The two went back to sleep after eating breakfast with Dean and Sam.  The Winchesters sat in the living room and spoke quietly among themselves.
“If I didn’t know better I would say you are bad luck for Ari,” Sam teased his brother who wasn’t in a great mood to begin with.
“Thanks Sam, is there anything else you would like to blame on me?”
“I’m sorry, my weak attempt at lightening the mood.  I know you are crazy about her.”
Dean paced the room for a few moments as he raked his hands through his hair.
“It’s not as though I don’t feel the same way. What if I am bringing her bad luck?”
“No, it’s more likely you are here to help her through this time of trouble.  Maybe its fate.  As much as you don’t believe in God, Dean, I think you are Ari’s salvation in this mess.”
Dean looked at his brother.  How could he be any one’s safe haven let alone savior.  Sometimes he wondered how he was able to help innocents when his mind was so tortured.  They decided Sam would go get their things and they would stay with Ari until after her mother’s funeral.  At the funeral, they would need to make contacts so they could ask the burning questions about Ari’s father.  As horrible as Ann’s death was, it opened doors for them to find answers.  If Ari’s dream was right, her mother’s passing meant she was next to go, hellhounds or not.  However, maybe nature had just taken its course.

    Ari felt sluggish as she finally decided to get up out of the bed later that day.  She had cried herself to sleep in the guest room with Amber beside her, since they had closed off her room until the window could be repaired.  Though she knew Dean had looked in on them a few times she had not acknowledged because she wanted to be alone with her daughter.  When she woke up she realized she was in the room alone.  She went downstairs to go in her bedroom to change and realized either Dean or Sam had fixed the broken glass. She smiled to herself.  She would have to do something special for whoever had done it.  She imagined Sam would like something sweet as a surprise or if it were Dean, hum she was sure of how to reward him.  The thoughts lifted her mood as she searched her closet.  After she stared blankly ahead for a few minutes she decided on a navy blue wrap top and a pair of Capri jeans.
 
    After she dressed, she becomes conscious of the quietness of the house.  She walked down the hall and found Amber as she watched television while Sam and Dean slept on the sofa and floor respectively.  She could only smile at the image.  Amber sat at Sam’s feet with hers touching his as she watched cartoons, the little girl was completely relaxed with the brothers.   She left them all as they were as she went the kitchen to prepare the meal. 

    Once she was in the kitchen she was overwhelmed by sadness.  Her mother had loved to cook.  She had believed it was therapeutic.  Ari had enjoyed her making the meals since she rarely had the time or energy.  She reached in the drawer to pull out the few restaurant menus they kept.  She phoned Dino’s pizza place to bring them dinner.  As she dried her eyes she realized they still had the apple pie from the day before so she didn’t need to do anything else.  She sat at the kitchen table to make the call to the funeral home to see if her mother’s body had arrived. My mother’s body?  I hate the sound of that.  They let her know all was well and suggested she come by soon, preferably the next day, to make arrangements.  Ari agreed before she hung up.  How was she going to get through this?  She took as deep breath then looked up to see that Dean stood in the door.
 
    The few days they had known one another she had been attracted by his confidence, his charm, she wasn’t sure what to call it.  However, today she needed his strength.  He had been supportive all day and she appreciated more than she could express.  He held out his arms for her to come into and she went into them again.  What would she have done had she been alone when her mother died?
“How did you handle it when your father died?” she asked him against his neck.
“I tried to close myself off to the pain and pretended I was okay.”
“Oh, you did not handle it well,” she said as she pulled back to look in his eyes.
“No.”
She gave him a weak smile, "Thank you for being here.  I know this is not the time but… I care about you, Dean.”
He looked in her eyes before he swallowed, “We are not leaving you alone, Ari…. I care about you too,” he confessed.

    It took a week for Ari to contact and gather all her relatives together for the funeral. Several came from near Chicago to say farewell to her mother, the others arrived from Louisiana; there were also a few locals from her mother’s current church.  Amber had wanted to be with Sam so he sat with her two rows back from the front, he wasn’t convinced she should be so close to the body.  They had explained to the little girl that her grandmother’s soul was no longer with her body but they were not certain how much she understood.  Death is something so many have a hard time understanding they could hardly expect a child to comprehend it all.

    Dean sat with Ari on the front row and held her hand.  He hated funerals; he had only come to support Ari, whom he realized he was falling madly in love with.  The time they spent together had brought them closer.  Interesting how you learn so much about someone through dealing with them in times of stress.  He found Ari to be a kind, gentle soul who had learned to make the best of every situation.  He had to admit even to himself how much he needed her.
By the day of the funeral, he believed she had gotten through a lot of her grieving at least the outward signs and she seemed calm as the minister did the service.  Dean kept his eye open for any thing that seemed out of place.  He listened closely though not sure of what he hoped to hear.  In the end, it was all in vain it was a simple ending to the life of Ann Marie Mayfield.
 
    Ari and Dean were the last to leave for the graveyard because so many wanted to speak with Ari and give condolences.  Dean stayed with her and made a few contacts in the process. He wrote down a few phone numbers for those in town for a few days.    He nodded and smiled appropriately as long as he could.
“We really need to leave they can’t start the graveside part without you,” he told Ari.
She nodded and when they arrived at the cemetery, she saw that he had been correct everyone stood talking among themselves as they waited for them.  As they walked around to take their seats, she stopped in her tracks, “Dad?”

TBC
Chapter 7 by EdenWrites

“Ari?” Dean said into her ear.
“Dean I saw him he is over there by the trees,” she said as she grabbed his arm.  He looked in the direction she pointed but saw no one.
Those who had gathered looked also but there was only a tree to be seen.  She looked wildly around, but did not see what she had seen originally then she felt stupid.  People had begun to stare.  Dean led her to the seat and everyone settled down again.  The service began but Ari looked at Dean, “You believe me right?”
He nodded as he squeezed her hand.  What could he say?  No Sweetie you are losing your mind.
 
    Afterward she and Dean sat still while those well-wishers who had not spoke with her earlier came by to say something.  Dean felt it was the longest day of his life.  Part of loving is sacrifice, he thought.  He could do this for her; she needed his compassion not just his passion.  When everyone had gone they still sat quietly by her mother’s grave.  Ari had begun to cry again once the last car had driven away.  Dean stroked her hair as he allowed her to cry on his shoulder.
“It’s okay we are on no hurry,” he said in her ear.
Suddenly the wind picked up to swirl the roses around that lay on top of the dirt that had been placed on the casket.  Ari looked up and couldn’t believe it.
“Dad?”
The ghost of her father stood in front of them, he looked the same as the last time she had seen him when he was buried.  Dean did not see him but he did believe that she did so he kept silent.
“I’m sorry,” was all her father said before he faded away.
After a minute Ari seemed calmer.
“He is gone.  He said he was sorry, that’s it,” she said as she stood to indicate she was ready to go.
“If you are not done we can stay longer,” Dean volunteered.
“No, I’m good.  Thank you for your patience,” she said as she took his hand so they could go to the car. 

    Neither had seen the shadow behind the tree as it watched them during the service or after the crowd had gone.  It stood now as it glared.  When it stepped out into the open it looked as if it was a beautiful woman.  Its hair was long and beautifully red.  The eyes though green were marred by the spirit that possessed it.  Not only had Dean been patient but this being was infinitely more patient.  The time schedule that was its guide was marked open to changes. 
“Poor Ann, if your husband had not been greedy you could have lived a full life,” it said over the grave where it picked up the roses only to crush the tender petals in its hand. 
Anyone watching would have assumed she was just another mourner wandering the cemetery. 
“Now your daughter’s time is limited too, the Winchesters can’t keep me from what is due me.”

    The first few days after Ann’s death Amber had slept with her mom at night. But the little girl believed in her independence and soon went back to her own bed.  Dean had suggested he sleep on the sofa because of Amber but Ari insisted it was okay. 
“Do you think I am being selfish?” Ari asked as Dean stood at the door after his shower.
“What do you mean?”
“Having you in her with me?  It’s a bad example right?”
“It’s your decision.  I am no moral compass for anyone.  I am not going to judge your decision.”
“Just enjoy it?”
“Absolutely,” he grinned. 
“Compromise, you can visit me but sleep on the sofa afterward,” she had said.
“So you want to have your cake and eat it too?” he teased.
“Absolutely.”

    So that was how the bedroom arrangements worked.  Though Sam and Dean switched sofa and guest bedroom every few nights.  After the funeral the boys had to decide what they were going to do.
“Dean I know you are attached to Ari but we need to get back to our lives,” Sam said as he sat on the floor by the sofa. 
Ari and Amber were already asleep for the night as the two spoken in low tones.
“That is all I have been able to think about, Sam.  First we need to get the interviews done before those people leave in the next couple of days.”
“So after this weekend we will decide something okay?”
Dean nodded.

***

    The two interviews they had set up were with former ministers who were friends of Ari’s father.  The first one was a seventy-year old Caucasian man who lived in Chicago.  They met him at the restaurant of the hotel where he was staying.
“Mr. Harris?” Dean asked as he walked up to the older man who was waiting for them at a table outside on the patio.
He was a tall man who wore khaki’s, a white shirt with suspenders and a wide brimmed hat.
“Nice hotel,” Sam said with a smile.
“It worked for my purposes,” Mr. Harris said.
“We need to ask some question about Reverend Darren Mayfield.  They may sound rather odd but it is important that you tell us what you remember,” Sam said.
“Okay, young man, I will do my best.”
“Mrs. Mayfield, mentioned that when her husband returned from a retreat ….”
“Wait what is this about?” the man asked suddenly uncomfortable with the mention of Ann.
“It’s about a retreat that you and several ministers attended several years ago,” Dean said as he noticed the older man stand up.
“I’m sorry, I didn’t know that is what you wanted to discuss,” he said as he looked around the area as though he thought someone might attack him. He had begun to sweat and he wiped his brow with his hand.
“Please, Mr. Harris, we need your help,” Sam insisted.
“What I can tell you is that you need to leave this alone,” he said as he walked hurriedly from the patio.
Sam shook his head, “That did not go well.”
“I just hope he doesn’t phone our other contact,” Dean said as they left the hotel.
Neither of them saw the red head follow the older man of the stairs.

    Once outside Sam hesitated to get in the car, then pain shot through his skull as he grabbed his head.  Flashes went through his mind, there was blood, or something red.  Then a man on the floor with a mark on his arm.  A lady laughing as she left a room.
“Sam, what’s the hold up?” Dean said since he saw Sam through the window as he stood by the door.
“We got to go back inside Mr. Harris in trouble,” he said as he raced around to the back of the car.
He hurriedly explained to Dean, while they grabbed the weapons and hoped it wasn’t too late.
 
    On the way back inside, they ran into Mr. Harris at the check in desk.  He told them he had forgotten his key inside the room.  They laughed with him for a moment.  Sam took a deep breath as the guided the older gentleman over to some chairs in the lobby. 
“Mr. Harris, I don’t know how to explain but I think you are in danger.”
The man shook his head.  “What do you mean?”
Dean told him about Sam’s visions just to make things simple to understand, Mr. Harris nodded after he finished explaining. 
“Do they always come true?” he asked as though he found the idea of visions fascinating.
“They do if I cannot prevent them.”
“Have you ever prevented a vision only for something worse to happen?”
Sam and Dean looked at one another.
"Not as far as I know."
“That is because things happen for a reason.   Even if you save me today who is to say something worse will not happen tomorrow?”
They couldn’t argue with the old man.  He thanked them for trying to help him as he went off to his room and possible death.

    They were silent in the car as the thought about the words of Mr. Harris.
Sam looked over at Dean’s determined expression.
“Do you think he is right?”
“No.  The reason is because we kill the things that we go after so that they cannot come back to harm anyone.”
“But okay say we save someone like …..”
”We cannot force anyone to let us help them but those that do trust us we have to do our best for them, enough said.”

    The next person they spoke with was a deaconess the one of the only two females that had gone on the infamous retreat.  She met them at the diner not far from her hotel. She waved to them as they came in the door. The place was almost empty which suited them considering the discussion they planned to have.
“Hi, Mrs. Jenkins?”
“Yes, that’s me.  Have a seat,” she said with a broad grin. 
She was a bit round but had a cheery brown face, that Sam liked right away.  It reminded him of a plumper version of Missouri.  He remembered he had meant to call her since he knew she worried about them.  He sat down near her and let Dean have the seat across him at the table.
“Our questions may sound odd or out of place but we are trying to find out about the retreat that you attended several years back with Mr.Mayfield and a few others.”
She pursed her lips and they thought she might bolt from the table but she didn’t.

“First of all it was not a retreat.  You know I heard you asking to talk with old associates of Darren's and I had a strange feeling it was about that incident.”
“Can you help us?  If you were there then you know that …..”
“I saw you with Ari, young man, I hope you plan on keeping her safe. She is a sweet girl and her daughter is just precious.”
“I plan to do whatever I can to help her,” Dean said as he cleared his throat.
No need for him to go into the fact that he had no desire to walk away from Ari, now or ever.
She sighed as she held her hands in her lap.
“What I know is I wish I had never gone that is for certain,” she looked around to be sure no one else was near them.
The diner remained mostly deserted, only a few customer near the other end by the door.  The waitress walked up a second later with assumption they needed her help.
“Coffee?”
They all nodded just to get it out of the way.
With the steaming mugs in front of them, Dean and Sam listened to her talk about that weekend.
 
    She shared it was not what they all said that it was to begin with.  Some of the young pastors and a couple of ladies, including her had gone.  The weekend they had was something out of Skull and Bones.  They talked and played like children.  It was debauchery at its most intense, she confessed.  There was nothing spiritual about it.  They were drunk on their freedom.  Freedom from spouses and significant others, all because they knew no one would tell a soul.  She imagined it was that way with the children of  Israel as they waited for Moses to come down from the mountain, they grew impatient with waiting and fell into sin.  The thought of it always made her ashamed. 

    Sam handed her a napkin to wipe her tears.  He felt bad that she had to relive that time that obviously had been completely kept secret from those who did not attend.
“So was there some kind of deal with the devil?” Dean asked.
“The billion dollar question,” she said before she blew her nose.
“We thought it was a joke.  A morbid ending to our time of immorality,” she said in a whisper.
“But it did take place some sort of exchange for each of you?”
“Each one of us took turns in the ritual.  And we were never to speak of it again, it was all so cloak and dagger.”
Dean nodded.  He had no idea how he was going to tell Ari or if he should. 
“Now that several have died do you think their deaths have anything to do with that weekend?”
“Oh because at least two of the people kept telling me they were hearing the sounds of dog’s barking, but when they looked around they were alone?  I thought they were losing it, totally going bonkers,”
Sam nodded.  She shrugged. She thought they may have felt guilty after all those years until she did some research. 
“I found all kinds of things about deals and devils but one thing stood out and that was hell hounds,” she informed them.
Dean and Sam looked at her, maybe they had found an ally.

    When they returned to Ari’s that night she sat in front of television sound asleep with Amber on her lap.  Dean wanted to cover them up but Sam thought they should wake them so they could get a good night sleep.  Dean rolled his eyes at his little brother as he went upstairs to the guest room.
“Ari, honey wake up,” Dean said as she lightly shook her.
“Hey, you made it finally,” she said as she adjusted Amber in her lap.
“Wake up sleepyhead,” she said to her daughter.
Dean picked up the little girl so Ari could get up to take her in the room.  He sat down and flipped the channels on the remote.  There wasn’t anything on so he went to the kitchen for a beer, but something on the kitchen table caught his attention.

    There was a letter with a flyer on top of it.
HAVE YOU SEEN THIS MAN?  The picture was of him plus an article about the killings.  He turned the envelope over to see who had sent it, but there was no name.  Dean looked up to see Ari stood in the door.  She did not say a word as she came into the kitchen to have a seat.  They only looked at one another for several moments.  He could see the hurt in her eyes and it frightened him.  This can’t be happening.

“I don’t usually get a sense about people, but I use the stereotypical method of judging, generally.  You know the way they walk, talk, dress or speak.  I rarely go to bars at all that one were you met me, I can count on one hand the times I had gone before that night….
Dean interrupted, “Ari…”
She put her hand up.
“I had talked to Rick a few times, dance with him but that is it, nothing more.  But you, I fell for you despite your arrogant walk, they way you wore the desire to get laid on your face, it didn’t matter.  I had a good feeling about you.”
She pursed her lips.
“I trusted you, can you tell me that I believed a lie?”


TBC

 

Chapter 8 by EdenWrites
Author's Notes:

A/N: Spoilers for Skin in Season One, plus Spoilers for Season Two Crossroad Blues which is the idea I used to write this fic to begin with. Also, I am NOT anti Christian I am in fact a believer but as far as what happened on the so called retreat keep in mind we all make stupid, sometimes life changing mistakes so this is just an example of an extreme point of misjudgment for those involved.  More will be revealed as the story goes along. Thanks.

 

An added note: Amber has never met her father. 

She stood up and behind her chair with tears in her eyes.
“You live in my home and I love you, please tell me that what I believe about you is true.”
Dean tried to hold her, but she pushed him away to stand in front of him with her arms crossed.  Oops, did she say what I thought she did?
“Tell me the truth, please.”
“First I have a question.”
“Okay,” she said as she held her stance though she seemed to be weakening a bit as her chin went down.
“Do you think I could hurt those women?”
She shook her head before he completed the question as her hands went to her sides.
Ari nodded. She wanted to believe him, but was hesitant.  She looked in his eyes and couldn’t stop the tears this time.  He wasn’t the monster that killed those women she was sure of it even before she asked him.  But she had needed to hear what he had to say.
“Come here,” he requested.  
He motioned for her to sit in his lap.
“Thank you for believing in me.  I think I am falling for you too and I have never in my life killed another human being.”

He hadn’t mean to say it, it just slipped out.  Boy, why did I go and say that?  Though he meant it just wasn’t something he wanted to declare so soon.  Last time he had said he loved a woman it had been Cassie, that had not worked out well at all.  Besides, what did he know of love?  He had no experience except for what his mother had shown him as a little boy.  His father’s brand of love had meant taking his orders and not asking questions.  Not that John Winchester had been a tyrant, but he had been a man obsessed with his dead wife.  Was love obsession?  Or was it passion?  He knew Sammy had loved Jessica but that had turned out bad too.  Was he putting Ari in harms way by being involved with her?  What about Amber?  What had he done?  He took a deep breath, and then realized she was talking to him.

“Then explain the article.  Who is this Dean Winchester?”
“If you’ll seat down I will tell you what happened, please.”
She sat down and looked up at him like a lost little girl that wanted to believe that Santa Claus existed.  He held her as she looked in his eyes.  He had no desire to lie to her though the truth was a strange tale to tell.  He took another deep breath and told her about St. Louis.  The man was a shape shifter who changed himself to look like him.  At first the thing would turn into the woman’s husband or boyfriend to get in the home then at some point he decided to change into him.  He went on to tell her that at one point he had been arrested because of this shifter and when they told them the truth of the matter, of course, no one had believed them.  There was only one detective out there who knew that they had told the truth, she was the one who helped them escape when they had been arrested because of what happened in St. Louis.

    “Can you believe I went to the funeral, no one saw us there but it was weird.”
“What?”
“Yeah, I mean how many times can you go to your own funeral, I know its morbid, but my curiosity got the best of me.”
“So you are legally dead?”
“Yes, I was going to mention that next.”
Ari shook her head before she kissed him, long and hard on the mouth, but she had to laugh.  How could she not love this man?  He was like a lost little boy at times when he wasn’t arrogant.  She could only imagine not having a mother as a child.  They heard a noise then turned around to see Amber in the doorway.  Ari got up to get water from the refrigerator and prepared Amber a glass of milk.

    Amber stood by the door to look at Dean a moment before she stood by his leg.  Dean patted his knee and she climbed up into his lap effectively taking Ari’s place.  Ari smiled from the sink.
“So are you Mommy’s boyfriend now?”
She had obviously seen the kiss.  He smiled before he nodded. She looked small and lost in his lap.  He hugged before she got down to go drink her milk.  He was the first man besides her father, who she had seen with her mother, though her father did not know where they lived now because he had not been a consistent part of the little girl’s life.  
“Yes,” he said as he smiled at Ari.
“Good,” she said with a grin as she finished her drink.
“I’ll be right back,” Ari said as she took Amber back to her room when she was finished.

Ari watched him from the door when she came back to the kitchen.  He sat comfortably in the kitchen chair as he drank the beer he had originally came in the room to get.
“So, how do you and Sam fund your quest for vengeance?” Dean almost choked on his beer.
Ari was more like Cassie than he gave her credit for at times.  She did not hesitate to ask the hard questions.
“Um, lets just say its not the most legal of ways to get money, but it works.’
She sat in his lap again as she played with his hair.
“Oh something like credit card fraud?  I mean you are dead,” she stated with a small smile.
He nodded, he wasn’t quite sure were this line of questioning would take them so he decided to divert it.
“So who sent the info about us? Should we be leaving in case the cops show up?’
He asked as he looked in her eyes.  How had she pulled him in so close to her so easily?
She lowered her eyes a second later.

“I actually mailed that to myself from work, I needed time to think about it.”
“What?” he said as he struggled to get up as he removed her from his lap.
She stood in front of him so he could not go around her without knocking her over.
He seemed to have hard time breathing though he should have been relieved that someone else had not found out about him.
“I erased the info on the computer at work, I have not dated in so long I ……was kind of checking you out.”
Dean walked away from her, down the hall into the bathroom.

He needed a moment to think.  Ari on the other hand, followed him into the room and found him relieving himself.
“Privacy?’ he said as what had begun as a steady stream of urine changed to a trickle.
Ari covered her mouth as she giggled.
“Oops, are you shy?”
Dean smirked, as he shook his head.  
“Can I pee in peace?’ he asked as he tried not to laugh.
The situation was funny he had to admit but she had to leave.  She looked at him as he waited for her to exit.  He waited another moment impatiently as she saw he made no move to continue before she left the room.

    She waited outside the door, and surprised him when he came out.
“I have something to tell you,” she said as she took his hand and led him to the bedroom.
He leaned against the door once it was shut.
“Go ahead,” he said as she sat on the bed with her hands in her lap looking like Amber.
“I can fund your hunting if you like.”
She looked at him as various expressions played on his face.  From curiosity, to uncertainty, to why are you saying this?
“Ari we don’t need….”
“Just listen okay,” she said as she patted the spot beside her.

    He sat down as she told him what she meant by her statement.
Her grandfather, who was her mother’s father, used to be a big time Chicago investor.  He not only had stocks and bonds worth thousands but his home was a mansion and no one had lived there since he died as a widower. When he died half of his estate had gone to Ari the rest to Ann.  That alone was enough to fund a small country she laughed.  Now that her mother had passed away she also had received that share.
“I only moved to this small Podunk town to stay with mom.  We both knew she was ill and I thought it would be good for us to all be together as a family. She loved small town living more than I ever have.   Now that she is gone I want some of the money to be used for something that benefits others.”
Dean looked at her, she really meant what she had said. It was in her eyes that look of concern and humility that he saw only rarely in his dealings.
“You don’t have to do this,” he said as he touched her face.
“I want to.  Dean what you and your brother do is a service.  You should not have to do anything illegal to help others.  I mean even Robin Hood had allies,” she said with a smile.
How had he been so lucky?  There is no way he could turn down the offer though he would need to talk so Sam.  He kissed her as he pushed her on the bed.  Maybe she will go with us since she has no real ties.

    The next morning he shared Ari’s revelation with Sam after Ari left to take Amber to pre-school and gone to work.
“So what does she want in return?” Sam asked with suspicion in his voice.
“Return?”
“I mean is she going to give us a blank check?”
Dean shook his head, why wasn’t Sam getting it?
“Sam have you met Ari?”
“Yeah and I know you like her, but remember what happens to women in our lives, Dean.”
Dean took a deep breath.  This would not be the moment he shared what Ari had said about loving him.
“I want her to come with us, Sam. We can protect her that way.”
It was time for Sam to shake his head.
“I would consider it if she did not have a kid, Dean. What about Amber?”
“Amber needs protection too.”
“Well I agree that we cannot stay here much longer.  I’m going over to Chicago to check out that last contact later.  I think Paris said she would ride with me if you want to stay here.”
“Paris?”
“Yes, I am going to go over some things with her as we drive.”
“You are staying the night?’ Dean smirked.
“Yeah, but, gutter mind I can spend time with someone unlike you and not have sex,” Sam said as he smacked Dean on the head.
“We will see, Sammy.”
“It’s Sam.”

***
    
 
    Once they got to Jarvis Johnson’s house Sam made sure that Paris knew he had to do all the talking.  He had not given her many details on this new case because it was personal to Ari.  He didn’t feel it was right to share too much consider the situation and the things they already had learned.  They sat on the sofa in the living room of the two story ranch house as Mr. Jarvis gave his version of the events at he “retreat.”

    He insisted that the intention had been to get away for a weekend with a few close friends that were pastors and a couple of worship leaders.  They had begun by having bible study and chatting about the various congregations.  After dinner, the first night they played a few hands of Spades before someone teasingly asked about strip poker.  He did not recall who had suggested it but they had all just laughed.  He never took the idea seriously he had actually gone off to his room and gone to bed.  The next day when he woke up he thought the mood was different. Things were more playful. There was a pool at he hotel and some had gone swimming but a few, including him had taken a hike.  There was a wooded area not far from the hotel where the shuttle could drop you off and pick you up.   It had been touted a great place to enjoy nature he added with a grim face.

    They found some caves that seemed off the beaten path.  He followed several of men inside to where one of the women had stopped.  In front of them was a large boulder that looked as though it could serve as an altar.  There were carvings on the wall and what he believed to be a dead animal lying on the floor in front of the slab.  He was overtaken and turned to throw up.  Some of the others wandered around to the other side of the altar and found large ornate carving knives and what they believed was an old skull.  
“I had no interest on those things so I left to go back to the original trail,” he said with a sigh.
“Mr. Johnson, we were told that there was a ritual at some point during this time.   Are you aware of any details about that?”
He shook his head but his eyes betrayed him.  
“I know this is personal, but we are trying to help someone who could be affected by what happened all those years ago.”
The older man stood up with fire in his eyes.
“You should leave.  I have told you more than I should have.”
“Please…” Sam pleaded.
“I’m sorry that is all I can say,” he insisted as he walked them to the door.
“Well, thanks for seeing us,” Sam said.

    “That was intense,” Paris said as they got in the car.
“Yeah it can be that way.”
He was distracted and did not see the expression on his passenger’s face.  Everyone that has spoken too referred to a ritual.  He knew by getting this people to talk they were putting them in danger.  He wanted to limit that danger; they drove around a few times as he watched Mr. Johnson’s house.  Should they stay in case something happened?  How would they know outside?  He had been glad to hear from Mr. Harris that he had not gone back to his room that day.  But what if the man had been right, just because he was saved that day it did not dictate they he wouldn’t die a similar death the next day.  If Sam really thought about it, it would only make him wonder if they were doing any good at all.  No, he knew the people they helped appreciated them.  
“Earth to Sam,” Paris said.
“Sorry, I guess we better get to the hotel and check in,” he said.

    His drive with Paris had not been what he had expected.  She talked a lot and reminded him a young girl.  Her voice had gotten to him after the first few miles because of it nasal quality.  He smiled and grinned as he gave her tips and hints as answers to her endless questions.  Something about her did not seat right with him, she seemed different then the times they had talked on the phone and when he had seen her at her parent’s house.  He couldn’t put his finger on it.  He was glad he had booked two rooms for the night, originally he had considered that they might only use one.  

    Unfortunately, Paris showed up at his room after they checked in and said their good nights.
“Hey, I really need to get some rest,” Sam insisted as she stood at his door in her robe.
Her room was two doors down, “I had hoped we could talk a bit,” she said with a grin.
Sam was beyond disinterested but he decided to be nice as he let her in the room.  He turned around to see she had dropped her robe and she stood naked before him.
“Sam, are you going to turn me down?”
Sam blinked as something flashed behind her eyes.  What was going on?  He pretended to not see the thing as he edged toward his bag.  He needed to get rid of whatever it was without hurting her.  Damn it.
“I’m sorry I am just tired,” he said as he pulled her hands behind her back as he kissed her with the hopes she would be lost in that moment long enough for him to tie her with something.  He kept his eyes open as he saw his belt on the chair.  He practically dragged her to the bed by the arm as the kiss continued.  He hogged tied her hands with the belt a second later.
 
    He grabbed the duct tape out of the bag to cover her mouth.  He needed to think.  
“I’m sorry, Paris, I know you are in there, give me a minute.”  
He could exorcise it but he needed somewhere for it to go.    She squirmed on the bed and almost fell off.  She had opened her self up to this by getting involved in things she had little knowledge of.  He shook his head as he looked at her.
“This is why amateurs should not get involved in these matters,” he said more to himself then her.  
He helped her back on the bed before he covered her with the robe.  If they had not been on the second floor he may have been able to walk her outside to the wooded area so no one would be the next victim.  Instead he made sure the outside was clear of people before he freed her.

    She came around after she was released from the hold of the demon that had inhabited her.
“Why am I here naked?” she asked as Sam sat beside her on the bed.
“Because you were playing with things you have little understanding about,” Sam scolded.  
She put her head down.
“Paris, you could have been really hurt if I had not known what to do,” he said before he held her to his chest.
“I’m sorry,” she said as tears rolled down her cheeks.
He looked in her clear green eyes before he kissed her.  His lips brushed softly against hers as she raked her fingers through his hair. This was the Paris that appealed to him.  
“Sam?”
“You’re okay now,” he said as he pushed her on the bed and put his lips to her neck.  
Maybe Dean was right, a little nookie might not be so bad.  


TBC
Chapter 9 by EdenWrites
Author's Notes:
Warning: Some references to Season Two roadhouse crew but the relationships I make up may different than what is on the show.  


   
He couldn’t believe it, the woman that lie beneath him was the first he had contemplated sleeping with since Jessica.  Jessica, his deceased fiancée, who had died because of the curse on his life.  He hadn’t known that what he believed was a horrible dream actually foretold the future.  His future without love or companionship other than his brother.   He had not been given foresight to know what he had seen in a nightmare would come true for his first love, Jessica Moore.  No, it wasn’t his fault.  as he lay on the bed with Paris the self immersed guilt was pushed to the back of his mind lost in this moment, his hands didn’t know where to land, as they roamed her body.  They were all over her caressing her soft skin.  Paris reached for his zipper but he stopped her to get his wallet from his pocket.  Maybe the action was ingrained in single men across the globe, he wasn’t sure, as he pulled out the foil packet.  He silently thanked his brother who seemed to have an endless supply of condoms. 

    She smiled as he laid it on the bed before the pants dropped to the floor.  Her eyes seemed innocent as she looked up at him.
“Are you sure?” he asked.
She nodded as her heart raced.  She had been drawn to Sam’s voice from the start but when they met, she knew he was someone she could care about.  Dean had come off as arrogant and impatient in contrast.  Though now she realized his concern for Ari had been the reason.  Sam was easy going and kind despite his station in life.  She liked that about him.  He didn’t seem down about his profession or things he had to do to stay alive.   She was deep in thought when she felt his tongue encircle her nipple.  He nipped at it gently and waves of pleasure pulsed through her body.  She could feel herself become moist between her legs.

    She pushed her hands through his dark hair as she leaned into his touch.  His lips caressed her stomach and she held back a moan.  Sam was eager but he refused to let it show.  For a moment, while he hovered over her navel he had doubts about his actions. 
“You okay down there?” she asked, her voice laced with concern as she leaned up to look into his hazel eyes.
“Fine….everything is fine.”
Then she let him kiss her lips again, long and deep.  It was the encouragement he needed to go forward.  His tongue roamed her mouth as she met his with her own.  She tasted sweet and clean.  Sam wondered if she were a virgin.  No, she can’t be at twenty-five.  He lifted his head to search her eyes again just before she playfully wrapped her legs around his waist.  He smiled.  Maybe this isn’t the time for thinking.  He leaned up with his elbows on either side of her torso, so he could reach around her to flip her so that she was on top of him.
“Good idea,” she said with a smile as she reached for the foil packet.

    Meanwhile, Ari watched Dean in the shower.  She had been putting Amber to bed a few minutes before so he had gone ahead without her.  She stood out of his eyesight just beyond the glass doors to look at him.  He was a specimen of pure manhood as he cleansed himself.  She bit her lip before she wrapped her arms around herself to take in the sight before her.  I will miss him that is certain.  Why did I have to fall for someone so out of reach?  He doesn’t love me or he would have said so but if he did, he still couldn’t stay as much as I want him to.  No, I can’t be sad while he is here; I can do that when he is gone.  Ari looked up from her thoughts to see Dean as he opened the door for her to get in with him.
“Come in, peeping Tammy,” he said with a dimpled grin.
--
    Once he was prepared Sam smiled as Paris touched his most personal part, she smiled as she allowed it to slide inside of her soft wetness.  Sam loved the way it felt to be with her in such an intimate way.  He enjoyed the way her body fit around him, she was tight and the feeling was something he had missed.  Though he would never tell Dean how much he had desired a woman’s touch more than once.  It wasn’t that he felt he was better than Dean, who seemed as comfortable with one-nights stands as much as he was with breathing.   Sam just wanted more from life than sex.   However, this one night he wanted to indulge himself in the moment he had been given.  She leaned up to put her hands on his shoulder as she moved up and down so he could slide deeper inside her.  Sam closed his long legs Indian style to support her firm butt as he watched her close her eyes to get lost in the sensations she created by her movements.  His hands caressed her back and rear as he kissed her over and over again.  But when the time came for him to release he stretched his long legs out to turn her on her back again.  She didn’t seem surprised as she wrapped her arms around him and her legs held tightly to his back as he pushed inside of her the final time.  She smiled at him as he pulled her into his arms, after they were both satisfied, before he kissed her on the forehead. 
“That was very nice, though normally I do not come to a man’s room in only a robe,” she said with a smile.
“I will keep that in mind,” Sam replied with a smile as his breathing began to return to normal.

    Dean untied Ari’s silk robe with his wet hands before he pushed it off her shoulders so it could fall to the floor.  He pulled her into the shower with both hands and a smile on his face.  She went into his arms as they stood under the water together.  For once, she wasn’t concerned about her hair.  She just wanted to be in his arms, no matter where he happened to be.  Dean could feel her heart race as it beat against his chest.  She seemed nervous which was unusual for her.  He had gotten to know her well in the last few weeks.  She was generally calm, often amusing, always kind, but rarely upset even under stressful circumstances.  Something told him that there was a problem.  Once they dried off and went to the bedroom she faced him with tears in her eyes.
“Ari?” he said as he pulled her to him on the bed.
She shook her head and swallowed as she leaned back against his chest.

    “I’m sorry,” she said as she bit her lip.
“Why?” he asked as one thing rushed through his mind.
Images of her taking her birth control pill, flashed through his brain.  She always seemed to take it so he could see her.  She had said she wanted him to be confident that they were being safe.  Oh no, he thought.  He took a deep breath as his mind raced.  No, she cant’ be pregnant.  He sighed, but if its true then it is what it has to be.  I won’t be a deadbeat dad.  With all the bad things I have done my life; I will not walk away from a child.  He was so lost in thought he almost missed the real reason that she was sorry.
“I noticed the difference in you and I am sorry for that.”
“What?”
“I said I am sorry that my saying I loved you changed things with us.”
“I hadn’t noticed.”
Ari turned to look at him.  He raised an eyebrow at her as a dimple appeared in his cheek.  She had to grin; he was clueless.  She had been worried for nothing. 
He pushed her on her back as he kissed her neck then whispered in her ear.
“I love you too,” he declared.
She let out a breath she didn’t realized she had been holding.
“Yeah?”
He nodded.  She went into his arms again as she closed her eyes and sighed.

    “I tried to fight it, Ari, I am not good with this love stuff.”
She put her fingers over his lips.
“I know.  I actually have gotten used to you being the strong silent type,” she grinned.
Dean smiled.
“I can’t promise you anything.”
“I don’t expect you to.  Just knowing how you feel right now means a lot to me.”
Deep breath, love is a good thing.  No, its only good if you are an accountant and have a safe nine to five life.  Sh*t, what have I gotten us into here? He wanted to believe it would all work out; that each of them would come out of the situation unscathed and maybe a little happier than when it all began.  He had protected Sam all those years how hard would it be for him to watch over Ari and Amber?  Besides he had Sam to help him.
But wait?  Ari met him in a bar; a random bar.  Why out of all the women he had met in his life why did Ari happened to be having dreams of the type of thing he killed?  Coincidence?  Fate?  Serendipity? He was afraid to think the thought but it came unbidden to his mind, is it my time for love?  My time to let someone inside of my heart for keeps? They say that everyone you sleep with takes a part of you with them.  With all the one-night stands Dean had experienced. What was left of him?  Was it enough to give to the one whom he desired to receive it most?

    Dean searched her eyes.  She seemed sincere.  But, he knew woman always wanted the ring when the love declarations came around at least that is what they said on Oprah.  But he was glad he had been honest.  If he couldn’t lie to Cassie whom he thought he had loved; how could he lie to the one woman that he was convinced he truly loved?  Oh, there is that word again. Ari is the one who had got under his skin from the start with her unexpected sense of humor and comforting spirit.  But he could not forget she was in danger, she was in a deadly situation that he needed her to survive.  Now that was selfish.  Because if nothing else he knew how to keep her and Amber safe, even if she walked away later.  How had he gotten into this situation?
 
    The next morning Sam and Paris were on the road when he decided to call Dean to give him his ETA. 
“Morning, Sunshine,” Dean said with a smile in his voice.
“Dude, what are you so happy about?”
“Never you mind, what’s up?”
“I should be back later this evening I just have to drop Paris back off, we are on the highway.”
“Since when do you call me to tell me where you are going to be?  I’m not your guardian.  Oh by the way, did you seal the deal, Geek Boy?” Dean asked with a laugh.
“None of your business and common courtesy is why I’m calling you, something you wouldn’t know about,” Sam teased his sibling as he hung up.
Dean shook his head before he went back to watching Ari sleep. 

{Flashback}
Dean explained to Ari how he had fallen for her and asked if she and Amber would go with them.  Sam had an idea that could work out for them all.
“Well, Sammy found a place a couple of places in Wisconsin that could make good home bases for us. They are in urban areas and he thought maybe we could set up an internet type roadhouse, which would be referral only.”
“What do you mean?”
“They would only know about the place if they heard from someone else.”
Dean told her about Ellen and Jo’s roadhouse.   Ellen and Ash were still keeping in contact with them despite the little issue of them blaming John for the death of Ellen's husband.  Jo’s little crush on Dean had caused a riff between her and her mother, Ellen, but Sam had convinced Ellen that Dean had no interest in Jo. 
“Anyway, its an idea that will keep us in the loop of what is going on all over the place with the Demon.”
“How could I help?”
“Well your nursing skills will come in handy and you are good on the computer from what I have seen.”
Ari bit her lip, “You aren’t just saying this because you want to protect me from the boogie man.”
“I won’t say that isn’t part of it.  Mostly I don’t want to leave you,” he confessed.
She went into his arms.
“Let me sleep on it,’ she said before she settled in close to his side and dozed off.
Dean smiled to himself.

    After a couple of hours of sleep, Ari woke up to find Dean looking at her.
“You must have been really tired.”
“Um, yeah, sorry about that, I hope I wasn’t drooling,” she said before a yawn over took her.
Dean leaned down to kiss her sweet lips.  She put her hands on either side of his face, as he touched her breast.
“Feeling frisky?” she asked.
“Oh yeah,” he responded before he kissed her neck.
She moaned into his hair, as he traced her curves with his fingers.  He knew how to wake her up body and spirit.  She grinned as he engulfed her body with his own.  It was the first time they had made love, before their mutual declarations it had only been sex. 
{End Flashback}

    The red head stood across the road from Ari’s little house.  She knew Dean Winchester was inside with the woman he had been dumb enough to fall in love with.  She chuckled to herself.  Meg would be proud.  Being patient was this demon’s strongest virtue.  She enjoyed the fact that the Winchester boys were getting others involved in their pitiful family situation.  And Dean knew better than to have innocents in the path of destruction.  Yes, she knew about endurance. She was taught that the prize isn’t always for the fastest it sometimes goes to the one who knew how to wait.  Besides she could hang around town and make a few more deals while the “boys” got laid and let their guards down further.  It would be easier to strike when they were drunk on their arrogance.  She laughed to herself as she headed to the bar.

***

    Early the next morning after Sam had a couple of hours of sleep they all left for Wisconsin.  Ari and Amber only took a few things so they could all leave together in the Impala.  The movers were bringing Ari’s car; the clothes would be packed up and given to Goodwill by a friend of hers who only knew that Ari needed to get out of town fast.  Dean was glad to leave; he had a bad feeling about the place ever since Sam had seen the red head demon in his vision when they spoke with Mr. Harris.  They had been on the road two days before anyone came to knock on Ari’s door.  It was her neighbor, Kim, who was curious as to why she had not seen Amber outside playing.  She looked in the windows but things were left in place as though they had only gone off to the store.  Kim shook her head and left the package that had been mistakenly delivered to her house on  Ari’s porch.   The red head seethed as she watched from across the road behind the tree.
“Damn it, how did they leave without me seeing them?”


TBC
Chapter 10 by EdenWrites
Author's Notes:
Just a note: When I write in Italics it means its a thought the character is having.  I am not sure if that is universal but in my stories that is what it means.
Once they were in Wisconsin, they checked out the homes Sam had seen on the internet.  The first one was in Saukville not far from Lake Michigan; it was a two family ranch style home with a porch that was walking distance from the Marina.  They looked it over with critical eyes.  Dean thought the area was too well populated for their purposes though Amber and Ari loved the idea of the closeness to the water.  They decided to discuss it over a meal at a local diner after the realtor left them.  He promised to meet up with them again in a couple of hours to show them the other property.

    Amber was quiet as she ate her burger and the adults chatted among themselves.
“Amber, what’s wrong?” Sam asked with concern for the little girl.
She only shook her head but continued her meal.
“She loves the water, I am sure she is just disappointed,” Ari said as she rubbed her daughter’s back.
“It’s okay, where ever we live, we will be close enough to visit the lake often, I promise,” Sam said as he got a smile from Amber.
“Promise?”
He nodded as her face brightened.

    Dean expressed his concern that the home was in the middle of town; he thought they would draw too much attention with their comings and goings.  Besides when word got around that they were a stop off for hunters they would not want any noisy neighbors in their business.  It was too dangerous.  Sam agreed with him on his opinion and after Ari heard the reasons she believed that they should continue to look also.   

    Dean watched Ari as she finished her salad.  Each time he looked at her since they left Michigan fear clutched in his heart.  Am I doing the right thing? She looked at him with a ready smile and he smirked as he bit into his burger.  I can do this, I can keep her safe, there is not another option. After the coffees where finished Sam reminded them they had an appointment as they filed out of the booth.

    The next house was in Hustisford, a small town about forty-five minutes south of Fond du lac and an almost an hour north of Milwaukee.  It was probably the place the expression one-horse town derived from.  The homes may not have been mansions but the distant apart from one another was what the Winchesters’ loved from the time they drove into town.  The property they surveyed was two acres with a two family house, a barn, a shed and a fenced in area with room for horses.  Amber covered her mouth when she had seen a horse a property on the way to the one they were to look at.
“Horsies,” she sighed as she squeezed her mother’s hand.
“Yea honey, they are beautiful,” she said to her daughter as Dean looked approvingly back at them.

    When they got out to go inside the realtor droned on about the amenities to Sam as the others simply wondered around.  The lower lever was almost identical to the upper flat with three bedrooms and a study or den.  It also had two full baths, a modern kitchen, and window seats in most rooms.  It was a spacious location and Dean could tell that Ari liked it.  He found her in one of the window seats with Amber as they looked out toward the fields of wheat behind the house.  They looked peaceful so he decided not to disturb them.  He wanted this for them, for all of them.  The calm before the storm.
 
    Sam had access to Ari’s funds so he was able to make out a check for the ten percent down, on the spot.  The realtor was giddy as she left with a smile and a promise to push through the sale as fast as possible.  Sam assured her there was no rush, he didn't want he to get suspicious about their money or potential activities.   However, they did want to have a place for the movers to deliver Ari’s car in a few days.  

    They went to a motel at the edge of town and spent the night with the hope that in a few days they would have place of their own for a while.
“Ari, if you have changed your mind about the money I will understand,” Sam said to Ari as she and Dean sat in front of the television with Amber at their feet.  They had become comfortable and looked like a little family that Sam had begun to envy.  All three turned around to look at him.
“Why would I do that? “
“I don’t know, I mean the house alone is almost two hundred thousand.  Plus the equipment we want to buy for the hunters stop.  Then we will have monthly bills to pay to …..”
“Geek boy, put away the figures.  It’s cool… relax, Bro.”
Ari smiled at Sam.
“You have no reason to be concerned.  I have more than enough.  Even is Dean woke up one day and decided he no longer wanted me.  The money is still yours, both of you,” she said as she looked in Dean’s eyes.
Dean shook his head, “Good to know,” he teased her,” as Ari got up and Amber did the same as they began to tickle Dean.  
They all laughed so hard they did not see the sadness in Sam’s face.  He needed to phone Paris.  He went outside to make the call.
 
    “Hey Sweets,” he said as she picked up with a smile in her voice.
“I miss you,” she said softly.
Sam leaned against the car as he sighed into the phone.
“I can’t wait until I can see you again.”
“Where are you?”
“Outside the motel by the car.”
“Get in the car.”
“What?”
“You heard me.”
“Oh you are naughty,” he said as he quietly opened the Impala door.  Dean would kill him if he knew what he was about to do.
 
    Dean had taken his shower and was drying off when he began to wonder what happened to Sam.  He looked out the small bathroom window and could see his brother inside the car; he leaned over a bit but was afraid of getting stuck in the small opening.  Then it hit him; Sam had the seat far enough back that Dean could see he was on the phone.  Good thing the parking lot was almost empty.  Where is his other hand? I am going to kill him.  Good grief, he is abusing himself in my car.  Then it hit him, maybe he would let his brother slide this time, but he was taking the wipes down that Ari had bought so Sammy could make sure nothing unsightly was left on his seats.  He laughed to himself but felt bad for his little brother.  Poor Sam, finally found someone he could be with and they had left her behind.  He shook his head as he left the bathroom.

    Sam sighed as he tried to get his release and catch it before it got onto Dean’s baby car.  
“Well?”
“Yeah, it was good but I still wish you were here,” he said as he held the now used napkin in his hand.
“I did too….hold on,” Paris said as Sam could hear her getting up off the bed.
When she returned he could tell she was smiling.  It was in was the lightness in her voice. He imagined her eyes were bright and still full of lust.
“I still wish you were here.”
“Me too.”
There was silence.  But it was not heavy or tense just a peacefulness that surrounded them both.
“I should get back inside.  Call you tomorrow?”
“I’ll be waiting,” she said before she hung up.
Sam looked around the parking lot again before he got out of the car.  The night was dark but many stars could be seen as they sparkled in the skies.  He loved the open country.  The oneness with nature that seemed to engulf him was overwhelming.   He would not feel shameful for what he had done because in his heart he hoped he had found someone he could share some time with.  The little time that he wasn’t on the hunt.  

    The red head had lost the scent of the Winchesters when they left Michigan.  She had decided to wait for news from others who ran into them.  She had also changed bodies and now was inside a blonde woman with blue eyes and a model body.  The woman was an accountant at a firm in the same small town.  She had received a promotion and was going to move to Chicago in the next few weeks.  The demon had high hopes since she knew that Ari had grown up in that area.  She would use the body to see what turned up; if nothing significant happened she would just kill the woman and use someone else.  It wasn’t a problem; she was an eternal being. She had no time schedule or moral obligations.  Her only goal was to get to the woman and extract the payment that was due to her. Two down and two to go, if that foolish man had only paid his debt all the deaths could have been avoided.

    It took a month for everything to get settled with the house.  They had stayed in several hotels mostly ones north of where they hoped to live.  The idea was that they did not want the locals to get familiar with them.  Ari, who had not been fond of small town living began to get used to the idea as they waited.  Amber helped because her excitement about a house where they maybe could have a horse was contagious.
“I said maybe Sweetie.  We have many other things to do you and I.”
“Maybe we can start out with a dog,” Dean said as he came into the room after having listened to their discussion from outside the door.
Amber’s eyes grew bright as she sighed.
“A puppy?” she asked as she ran to hug Dean.
“If you want,’ he said with a smile at the little girl while Sam sauntered in the room.
“Hey, who wants a puppy?” he asked as he pulled a brown and white German Shepherd Collie from behind his back to show her.
“He is pretty,” she said as she took the little puppy in her arms.
“Guys, she is so young,” Ari said hesitantly.
“Amber or the dog?”
“Both,” she laughed as he pulled her into his arms.
“Can we keep it, Mommy, please,” she asked with a pout.
“Sure, just something else for me to clean up after,” she said as she pretended to be upset about the pet.
Dean picked her up to whirl her around the room.
“You won’t be sorry,” he said before he kissed her.

***

“My real name is Katarina Maureen Mayfield,” Ari said in almost a whisper as she lie in Dean’s arms on a night after they had been in the house for a couple of days.  
He held her to his side as he listened to her confession.  He never has asked her for a lot of details of her past but she wanted him to know more.  She went on to tell him she had leave Waukegan, IL for New York, where she attended college.  It was during the time after she graduated that she found she could not find a decent job in marketing despite her degree.  She surmised it may have been her race or that for some reason she gave bad interviews.  Either way that is what led her into being a call girl.  The money was what she needed if she wanted to survive on her own.  She had never been proud of it and often had continued to job hunt in her chosen field but to no avail.  
“It is a sad world when a beautiful woman can’t get a job even with a degree,” Dean said as he ran his finger lightly down her nose.
She ignored him since he knew she was trying to make her feel better.
 
    “Focus please,” she said with a grim smile at him.
She met Amber’s father at a party of a friend of hers named Jackie.  Jackie introduced her to this tall Brunette with playful blue eyes.  Dean leaned over to kiss her least she think too much about her ex.  Ari smiled for him as she continued.  Roger was the man who wooed her and sent her flowers while they dated; he was the perfect suitor.  But when he found out what she did for a living he left her cold and pregnant.  
“What a jerk,” Dean interjected.
“Not everyone is as kind as you, Honey,” she said as she bit her lip.
“Does he know anything about where you are or your new name?”
She shook her head; she had been very careful to leave her old life behind.  
“I am also legally dead,” she said as she bit her lip and looked over at him.
“What?”
“Besides, you, mom and Sam, I trusted only one man with my truth.  He is the one who handles my money.”
“Good choice.”
“And no, there was no funeral,” she teased.
“But….”
She bit her lip again.
“I did the unthinkable…. I chose the identity of a new born who had died.  Filed for a social using her mother’s name, with a different address so it’s all legal.  I have given life to someone who never had a chance to live it.  And since I left the state it was easier. “A woman after my own heart,” Dean said as he kissed her.

    She frowned and told him how she had paid someone to grab Amber’s records from the hospital after her birth.  They guy asked no questions and she never heard from him again.
“Maybe Sam can do a delete in the hospital computer system when he gets time just to make things neat and tidy.”
“Okay you are starting to scare me,” he teased.
“I just want her to be safe.”
He pulled her close again before he told her he had been joking.  He knew she was sensitive about dishonesty though they both had been in situations where they had to tell a lie or be killed it seemed.

    “I’m sorry about last night,” Dean apologized.
“Don’t worry about it,” she said as she pulled him down to her by tangling her hands in his hair.
{Flashback}
Ari and Dean had not made love in several days.  Ari kept giving him excuses about Amber and being tired.  Sam had gone on a solo hunt right after they moved in and would be back later that night.  Dean wanted to get laid pure and simple; so when Ari refused him again he lost it.
“Is this how its going to be?  A new city and new rules?”
“Dean I have been cleaning and watching after Amber plus her pet………..Baby, I am just tired. It won’t be this way….”
“Forget it, I can go find someone who is interested,” he said angrily as he went down the stairs and out the door.
He felt like a heel before he was out the door.  He looked around and realized they were pretty much in the middle of now where.  He didn’t care.  Since Ari’s car was the only one available he decided to walk.  Though he had no destination he figured if he got lucky he could get a ride back to the area. Ari watched him as he walked a way with tears streaming down her cheeks.  What have I done? If he had only given me a chance to explain.  She sighed as she lay down in her bed with hopes that he would walk off his anger.

    Dean walked a couple of miles and stopped at the nearest bar.  It was actually a bar/bowling alley/diner.  There were a few people bowling but more at the bar.  He strolled in and ordered a beer before taking a stool.  He had no real interest in what was going on he just needed time to think.  Before his second swig a tall Brunette girl sat down beside him; though he did not consciously notice her.  The next thing he knew her hand was on his leg.  
“Hey honey, looking for someone?”
He looked up into her round face to see that she had mixed match colored eyes.  One was blue the other brown.  He shook his head.  He knew it was unusual but that wasn’t what turned him off; it was the tight outfit she had squeezed into. The idea seemed to be to push up her breasts; it wasn’t working for him at all.  He turned away from her to nurse his beer he figured his lack of a reply would give her his answer.  She sat near him for only a moment longer before she walked away.

    He took another swig before he put down the beer to rub his temples.  He was getting a headache.  Stress. I don’t want to be here; why was I so selfish?  He knew Ari had worked hard on the house the last few days.  With Sam gone, Dean had entertained Amber more than help out.  She had transformed the place.  It had needed very little work but the hominess that it had now was because of Ari’s effort. More than once he had seen her down on her hands and knees scrubbing the floor or getting stains from the carpet.  She had to be sore from that alone.  I don’t deserve her.  She had scrubbed the windows till they shone, cleaned the toilets that hadn’t been used in who knows how long, put up curtains, vacuumed endlessly, made the kitchen sparkle like new, washed their dirty clothes and other small things he wasn’t even sure about.  How could he stress her about sex?  She didn’t have energy left for that.  Now I have walked off and left her open for attack.  Sh*t.  He took the last swallow of his beer then headed out the door.  He needed to get back, though the house had all the wards, salt, and protections they could think of, something could still happen and he would be devastated.
 
    Ari was sound asleep when he walked in her room.  He hesitated at the door, but decided to go in to watch her sleep.  For a few minutes, he sat quietly in the corner; amazed that she slept so soundly.  Not always a good thing.  He stood up to look out her bedside window and he must have jostled the bed because she sighed before she opened her eyes.
“You’re back?”
“I’m sorry, that I am a selfish bastard,” he said before he undressed and got in the bed with her.
“Don’t talk about the man I love that way,” she said with a smile.
He smiled back before he leaned over to take the tip of her breast in his mouth.  She scooted closer for a moment before she climb on top of him.  He pushed her up so she could situate her crotch over his mouth.  Though she wasn’t totally shaved she was trim the way he liked her. She leaned up against the headboard as he lapped her juices as though they were fine cream intermittently he spread her open with his fingers.  She had the only kitty he had any interest in.  She moaned as he delighted in her sweet scent.  He loved the taste of ither.  When she felt about to explode, she moved back down his body as she left traces of her smell on him and it excited him.  She kissed him passionately; unconcerned with how much of her, she tasted.  He leaned up to kiss her again before she pushed his large erection inside her slick opening.    
“Um, oh I love they way you fit,” she said with a moan.
She moved against him as he rubbed her firm behind while pushing up to meet her rhythm.  The kisses continued until there bodies shone with heat and sweet sweat.  Her hands were on the headboard again when he came inside her.  
“I guess a nap was all I needed,” she said with a smile as she moved to lie beside him.
He could only laugh.  Why would he want a stranger when he had Ari at home?
Neither of them knew that Sam had heard them while they made love.  He had gone to his room after he checked on Amber and went to sleep.
{End Flashback}

    “Well Sam is back and has told me about a job in the Upper Peninsula that he wants to work with me,” Dean said as he leaned back on the bed.
Ari pursed her lips but did not  say anything so he continued.
“So he said it sounds like a vamp and we are leaving tomorrow.”
“That’s fine.”
“You sure?”
“Hey I’ll be fine, besides you have told me what to do and whom to call if I get in a jam.  You need to do your work, besides Ellen phoned to say Jo would be visiting in a few days.”
“Jo?”  


TBC
Chapter 11 by EdenWrites
Jo?” Dean said again shock and surprise on his handsome face.
“Yeah, Ellen thinks she can help me while you two are gone.  You know give me pointers on how to deal with hunters, also more training with weapons.”
“Oh.”
Ari laughed.
“I know she isn’t your favorite person,” she started.
“What?  Sam said something didn’t he?”
She nodded.
Sam has to learn to keep his mouth shut.  Not that he cared if Ari knew about Jo, Cassie, or anyone before her.  
“What?”
“I know Jo had a crush on you a while back.”
“Yeah well, can you blame her?” he teased.
She shook her head before she kissed him; slow and deliberately, then she settled beside him again.
“Either way, it will be nice to have some company who will be able to help if something happens.”
“I don’t know Jo is pretty cocky…but…” he sighed
“What?”
“I am not that confident of her skills?”
“Sam wouldn’t have suggested if he didn’t think she could be helpful,” Ari said with a raised eyebrow.
I am going to kill him.  Why is he bringing Jo into this?  Why not Missouri?  That he would not have minded.  Maybe I can call Missouri she would be happy to hang out with Ari a few days for company.  But…Missouri had no training and he knew that would not work.  
He sighed again.

    “If it bothers you, then we can tell them to forget it,” she suggested as she watched several expressions cross his face.  There was anger, concern and a hint of skeptism.  Did he really dislike Jo so much or was there more to this?
He shrugged.
“No, its okay.  Jo will do,…I guess,” he said before he pulled her into his arms.
Ari looked up at his profile as he closed his eyes.
“Dean, is there more going on with you and Jo then you’ve let on to Sam?”
Dean looked down at her.
“No.  She is like a little sister to both of us, that’s it. She may have wanted more but that is how I see her.”
“Why? I mean she is a fellow hunter. Was it her age?  Her attitude,” Ari enquired.
“Yeah, all of the above.  She is young and careless even though she has knowledge.  She knows enough to be dangerous to herself and others.”
“Like Paris?”
Dean explained the difference between Paris and Jo.  He said Paris had only a head knowledge of the supernatural and that little bit had already gotten her into trouble.  Jo had practical experience and knowledge, but her attitude is such that she does not have the proper respect for the things she chases after.  Evil has a hierarchy like good, she doesn’t understand the boundaries.  
“She has no foresight.  She wants to rush in guns blazing, kind of the way I used to be at times. But I have learned my lessons.”
Ari smiled at him.
“So she has potential?”
“For hunting, sure.  To be with me, not a chance,” he said as he claimed her lips again.

***
    Sam waited in the car as Dean said his goodbye to Ari.  His farewells had taken less than two minutes.  He had hugged and twirled Amber and given Ari a respectful hug.  It had been ten minutes he had sat in the car while Dean began his parting formalities and Sam was restless.  He considered honking the horn but knew Dean would be livid.  Though he understood, Dean had become attached to Ari and her daughter.  So he closed his eyes as Dean kissed Ari again.  Good grief.
“Miss me,” Dean said to Ari as he came up for air after their final kiss though his hands rested possessively on her waist as though he did not want to let go.
She grinned before she bit her lip.
“Not a doubt about that,” was her reply as Dean let go of her to give Amber a hug.
Amber had stood the entire time watching them.  She smiled at Dean.  Something about the way he was gentle with her mother made the little girl’s heart happy.
“Bye Dean,” Amber said with a little wave as he walked out to the car with a smirk on his face.
“See you later, Munchkin.”
“I didn’t know the good bye would involve you feeling her up in front of her daughter,” Sam said as Dean got into the driver’s seat.
“If I were going to fill her up I would have taken her to the bedroom, Sammy,” Dean smirked.
Sam groaned. Why did he bother?

    Jo arrived the next day after dinner.  Ari heard a car come into the drive so she looked out the window.  She saw a blue Charger stop and a blonde haired young woman got out. Must be Jo?  She watched as the girl got her bag out of the backseat.  She had her blonde hair in a ponytail and she wore a short white t-shirt with tight jeans.  Then the girl went around to the trunk and took out another bag and a gun, which she leaned up over her shoulder.  Ari stood at the window as she waited for the doorbell to ring.  

    The puppy barked outside and Amber showed up in the kitchen.
“Is she here Mommy?”
“Looks like it, let’s go let her in.”
They went down the stairs to the door but looked out to make sure no one stood in the shadows or had grabbed her before they made it to the door.  A precaution they had to always take, according to the Winchesters.
“Hey,” Ari said as she finally opened the door.
“Hey,” Jo said with a forced smile.
Jo followed them up the stairs to the living quarters.  She put her bags down in the kitchen and the gun against the door.
“I’m Jo,” she said.
“I’m Arianna,” Ari said as an introduction.
“You should have asked my name at the door just in case I wasn’t who you were expecting,” Jo warned.
Ari was taken back by the reprimand but gathered her wits and only nodded.
“This is Amber.”
Jo could see the little girl was almost white.  She could definitely pass for Hispanic; with her long dark hair and pale brown eyes with their blue and green flecks.  She was a bit surprised by the beauty of the child but did not ask about her parentage.  
“Nice to meet you,” Jo said with a smile at the little girl.
Amber grinned.  

    “You are right, I should have had you stand outside so I could check your ID,” Ari said when Amber left the room.
“What?”
“Your mother described you perfectly I didn’t feel I should have you standing outside when I was expecting you,” Ari said as she busied herself as she made Jo a plate.
“The first thing you learn in hunting is not to take things at face value.  I am surprised Dean did not inform you of that.”
Where they already fighting?  Ari couldn’t believe it.  The girl just got to her house.  But maybe she was right.  She took a deep breath.

    She stood eye to eye with Jo.  For a few moments, only the sound of the clock on the wall could be heard.  Neither flinched for long seconds, but inside they both panted as they fought of the anger that had begun to build.  Then Jo backed away.
“Nope, you seem human,” Ari said.
Jo laughed.  
“If that is the way you are going to test for demons you won’t last long.”
“You are a smart ass I can tell.  It’s surprising Dean didn’t fall for you.  I guess he didn’t want someone so much like him.”
Jo got back in her face.
“Look lady I came here as a favor to my mother.  If you don’t think I can be any help to you, I will leave now.”
Ari sighed.  They had really gotten off on the wrong foot.

    “Look, you are right, okay.  But don’t’ think you can come in here and act as though you own the place.  Deal?”
Jo pissed off, but she rolled her eyes as she nodded.  Why had she said she would come?  She knew Dean was gone.  Her curiosity about Ari had gotten the best of her. Now she could see the woman was no fragile flower and she was beautiful to boot.  She had come on a fool’s errand with hopes that she could blow a hole in Dean’s boat.  Maybe she should try being nicer just to see what that got her.  If she and Ari could get along maybe Dean would at least talk to her.  Although up until this point, he had refused to do that very thing.

    Dean and Sam arrived in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan almost two days after they left.  It wasn’t that the drive was that long but they had made a couple of stops on the way.
“So Ari doesn’t know the real reason we came?”
“I didn’t want to get her hopes up.  Plus you did mention a vamp in this parts, right?”
“Yeah but they are probably long gone by now.”
They settled into the hotel and Sam went to take a shower while Dean phoned Ari.  No one answered after four rings so Dean hung up.  The expression on his face was one of worry but he refused to give into it.  He leaned back on the bed to wait for his turn in the bathroom.  I call back after my shower.

    After dinner, Ari and Amber took Jo down stairs to show her the space they planned to use as the Hunters Stop.  They had already begun to add furniture for the flat.  There was a sofa, a couple of desks in two of the rooms, a television in another room, end tables, coffee maker, microwave, and bookshelves.  The idea was to set it up like an internet café.  One of the first things they had done was photocopy John’s Journal so that each room had a copy as a resource.  They would also add reference books, various notes that Sam had taken, computers, and more furniture.  Jo nodded as she browsed.  She thought they had a unique idea.  Ellen would be impressed by the effort, maybe even a bit jealous.
“It’s coming together still,” Ari said a bit apprehensive of Jo’s quiet.
“No, you seem to have a handle on where its going.  I envy you the space.  Your grandfather’s money, right?” she asked as she rummaged through the kitchen cabinet.
“Yes,” was Ari’s calm reply.
She is not going to bait me into another argument.
“I would love a cup of Java right now,” Jo said as she sighed.  
Ari agreed that was a good idea as they headed back upstairs.

    Dean called again but this time the phone was answered on the second ring by Jo.
“Hello?”
“Jo?”
“Yeah, hey Dean.”
“Where is Ari?”
“She went to put Amber to bed,” Jo said dryly as she realized Dean did not seem happy to hear her voice.
“Okay, tell her to call when she is done,” he said as he hung up.
Jo seethed.  Maybe she wouldn’t tell Ari that Dean called.  Though Ari would probably call him anyway, since it’s what lovers do and if he found out Jo had not told her things would only get worse.   She sighed.  

    Ari smiled when Jo told her about the call but she did not go to her room right away.  She sat across from Jo as she sipped her coffee.
“So, how long do you plan on staying?”
“Not sure, um, Mom said you needed more weapons training.  You also are having bad dreams that could be premonitions about your death,” Jo said as though she couldn’t care less about Ari’s safety.
Ari felt a chill run up her spine.  Was the woman so taken with Dean that she would be tempted to let something happen to her or Amber?  Suddenly she realized they needed to kill the elephant in of the room.

    “Jo, look at me,” Ari commanded.
Jo looked up.
“Yes?”
“I love Dean and…..”
“He loves you?  That’s the rumor,” Jo said as she got up to rinse out her cup.
“I’m not going anywhere so you may as well get used to me being in his life.”
“Easier said than done,” was her reply before Ari stood in her face again.
Jo tried to push her back but Ari stood firm.
The phone rang before Ari did something stupid.  She picked it up to her the sweet voice of her sweetheart.  She took the cordless with her to the bedroom without a second glance at Jo who frowned at her back.

    “Hey,” he said as leaned back on the bed and eyed Sam while he worked on the laptop across the room.
“Great timing,” she replied as she got comfortable on her bed.
“Why?  What’s up?”
“I was real close to slapping your friend.”
“What?”
“She was in my face, Dean, I don’t know where she gets off….”
“Hold on now, you two have been fighting already?” he frowned as he glared at Sam who looked up at the word fighting.
If Sam had not called Ellen about Ari being alone this could have been avoided.  Ari would have been fine, they had all the bases covered.  But no, his help could be the catalyst to provoke more bad blood between them and the Harvelle's.  
“Nothing physically yet, but she did push me in more than one way.  I am a grown up but I am not used to someone putting their hands on me. Especially, a smart ass kid.”
Dean groaned.  This was not good.  He took a deep breath.  
“Ari I know you will do the right thing.  Not that I disapprove of her getting her ass kicked.  But I hoped you two could work together since she can teach you things.”
Ari felt bad.  She was letting her emotions take her to Jo’s level.  
“I’m sorry.”
“Don’t apologize just keep the goal in mind.  And….it’s you that I love.  Don’t let her bait you.”
Ari sighed.
“Hey.”
“Yeah.”
“I phoned to tuck you in.”
She laughed.
“Yeah.”
“Absolutely.”
“What do you want to do?”

    After Dean got off the phone, he came out of the bathroom and stalked over to stand in front of Sam.  Sam ignored him.  
“Sammy?”
“Yeah?”
“Your plan is not working so well,” he said as he continued to stand in front of his brother.
“You sure you aren’t just upset that you missed the cat fight?” Sam asked with a grin.
Dean raised his eyebrow at him.
“Not funny, Mr. Eavesdropper.”
“Hey you didn’t start to whisper until you went into the bathroom.”
Dean couldn’t help but laugh.
“At least I didn’t do it in the car.”
TBC
Chapter 12 by EdenWrites
Sam and Dean were disappointed at not finding the remaining bullets for the colt. They had made the trip to check lut bullets they heard could be the extras they could use in the colt, the same one that had retrieved on a hunt after their father died. Unfortunately,the mission was “a bust”.  They had hoped to kill the hellhounds with the colt by summoning the demon associated with the transaction made by Ari’s father.  However, since their plans had fallen through they decided to go ahead and check out the vampire situation.  Sam and Dean entered the wooded area where they had heard the last attack had taken place.  They quietly and methodically searched but came up empty.
“Looks like a wasted trip no matter how we slice it,” Dean said as they turned to go back to the car.  
Sam nodded as he followed his brother; neither was prepared to have something fall out of the tree to land on top of them.  Once they righted themselves, they saw a dead animal whose heart had been savagely removed.  Sam looked up but couldn’t understand why anyone what put a carcass in a tree.  A second later, as a large gorilla plowed into him.  It knocked the breath out of Sam before Dean shot it in the chest with a two silver bullets from his gun.  Dean helped Sam up and they looked at the animal that seemed to still be alive but lie prone on the ground.
“Where did that come from?” Dean asked Sam brushed himself off.
“Let’s get out of here before someone reports the shots,.. that was probably the gorilla that escaped from the zoo, yesterday.”
Dean shook his head as they sprinted toward the car.
 
    They went straight back to the hotel but both were restless to get back home.  Home, Dean thought.  Sam saw the look in his older brother’s eyes and began to pack before Dean told him too.  Dean could only laugh.  It’s nice to have a place to go back to.  Initially the plan had been to leave the following day but the distance from where they now resided and the Upper Peninsula was not that great.  Why pay for another night when they could be in their own beds soon?
 
    It was five hours later, that they arrived in their drive.  They unpacked their things and headed to the back door to find Jo stood on the other side with a shotgun pointed in their directions.  
“What’s your business here?” she teased them though she didn’t laugh.
Dean rolled his eyes.
“It’s late and I’m tired, Jo, move your ass,” Dean said as he pushed her aside on the way in.
“Hey Jo, nice to see you,” Sam said as Jo hugged him as they walked in together.
The house was quiet so Dean knew Ari and Amber had already gone to bed.  He quietly slid the door open to the room he shared with Ari.  She wore a short lightweight white gown and she was only half covered by the sheet.  For a few moments, he only watched her sleep.  Then he undressed quickly before he went into the shower to get rid of the dirt and grime from their failed mission.  

    Nothing like a shower in your own bathroom, he sighed.  All of his adult life and the majority of his youth had been spent in motels.  The simple things like freshly laundered sheets, soft cotton towels that only had been used by you or someone in your family, beds that didn’t need to be checked for bugs, windows that actually opened, clean floors, and of course a soft woman in the bed just for him.  Those were the things he had dared to dream about all his life, he had them now, though there was a catch. There is always a catch.  He had not funded the house and the woman was in fear for her life; just a few minor glitches.
    Ari smiled up at him when he came in the room.

“Hey,” she said with a lazy smile as she moved over to make room for him.
“Hey yourself, didn’t mean to wake you.”
He slid in beside her wearing only a smile.  
“Any nightmares while I was away?”
“Once but Jo came to my rescue.”
“What?”
“She insisted, I probably deserved what I got.”
“Tell me you slapped her,” Dean said as he pulled her into his arms.
“No, I slammed the door in her face but she apologized this morning.”
“Well that makes things better,” he deadpanned as he rubbed his chin against her hair.
They were quiet a few moments as their breathing synchronized.
“I’m sorry about the whole Jo thing.”
“Don’t be I think its just her personality.  She taught me how to use a machete as well as knives and assorted small weapons, while you were away.”
“Really?”
“She said I was a fast learner,” Ari said as she leaned up to face him.
“Oh I already knew that,” Dean said as he kissed her.  

    Sam and Jo sat in the kitchen with a cup of coffee between them.  Both needed to sleep but also wanted to talk.
“So why does Dean hate me so much?”
“He doesn’t,” Sam said as he sipped the coffee knowing it was a bad idea if he wanted to go to bed soon.
“Oh.”
“He just doesn’t like you as a girlfriend, that’s all.  You should get over him and get on the ‘I want to be your friend train’ before you end up with nothing,” Sam insisted.
“I see, but when we first met he considered something else.”
“He may have considered sex for a nanosecond, but he was grieving Dad.  Jo, he has Ari now and he is serious.  The more you don’t get it the more chance he may start to hate you.  I really have to get some rest.”
“Okay, well good night,” Jo said to Sam’s retreating back.
He slept on the sofa so Jo could continue to use his room.

     Jo tossed and turned in her sleep that night.  A few hours later, she woke up in a cold sweat.  For a moment, she did not realize where she was.  She leaned up to toss back the covers before she went to the window.  It hit here that the puppy was still outside.  They had forgotten to bring him into the kennel.  She sighed as she put on her shoes and a jacket over her pajamas.  She tried to make as little noise as possible, but did not see Sam before he crashed into her.
“Jo?”
“Sorry I didn’t see you.”
“Where are you going?”
“I just noticed no one brought in the puppy, I was going to get him,” she said with a smile at the younger Winchester.
“Okay, well carry on,” he smiled as he headed back to the sofa after his jaunt to the restroom.  
Jo smiled to herself as she picked up the cold dog.  He licked her face and seemed grateful that someone had remembered him.  
“Poor puppy.”
She decided to put the kennel in her room that night, she needed the company.

    The next morning Jo was at the stove cooking breakfast when Sam entered the kitchen.  He wore jeans and a t-shirt though his hair didn’t look tended to.  The longish brown locks had certainly been hand racked through , Jo thought.  She had already made toast, bacon, pancakes and had the eggs in the skillet.
“Morning,” Sam said as he headed for the coffee maker.
“Good morning,” Jo said airily.
Sam sat down at the walnut table with his mug just before Amber came in the room.
“Sammy you are back,” she said excited to see him.
“Yep, munchkin, I made it.  Have a seat while I get you some orange juice.”
She smiled as she sat in the chair beside his.  Dean was next to come in the room sniffing the welcome aroma of a home cooked breakfast, he also wore jeans with a t-shirt.  It seemed the dress for the day.
“Morning,” he said to no one in particular.
“Good morning,” Jo said again this time more subdued.
He also went straight for the coffee before being seated at the head of table.  Ari was the last one in the kitchen.  She strolled in wearing a wrapped jean skort, with a t-shirt.  
“Good morning everyone,” she said with a dimpled grin.  
There was a chorus of mornings as everyone including Amber replied.
 
    “Okay, who wants scrambled?” Jo asked.
Everyone but Dean raised his hand. She served the scrambled eggs then made his special over easy eggs with little effort before spooning them into his plate.
“Thank you,” he said with a slight smile.
“You are welcome,” she replied as she wiped her hands on the dishtowel then took her seat beside Amber at the table.
There was little talking while they all filled their plates with the food that was already on the table.  Just when they would have begun to stuff their faces, Amber cleared her throat.
“Grace, Mommy,” she said innocently as she looked at Ari.
Ari smiled as she reached for Dean’s hand and the other two took the hint.  After the hands were taken they waited for someone to pray.

    Sam took the lead.
“Thank you, God…”
Dean sighed loudly.
“For the food we are about to receive for the nourishment of our body…”
Dean sighed again, Ari pushed him with her thigh on his, though she grinned to herself.
“Also..”Sam added to irritate his irritating brother.
“Bless the hands that prepared the food and the orphans in India…”
“Amen,” Amber said effectively ending the prayer.  
Amber smiled at Sam, they had created their own little unspoken language.  Somehow, she knew he was making the prayer longer on purpose.  

    Before the meal was done, Ari gave the boys the news.
“We got our first call from someone that Ellen had told about our place.  He thinks he may want to stop in tomorrow or the next day,” she said with a grin.
“That soon?” Sam asked.
“Are we ready for that?” Dean asked as he chased his last piece of egg around his plate with the toast.
“Well we have your dad’s journal, Sam’s notes, various folklore reference books, the internet connection if he has a laptop.”
Jo nodded.
“Maybe buy some bottle water, frozen pizzas, cokes, just minor things from what I could see.”
Dean nodded in her direction.
“So you think we are doing something that could be a service to hunters?” Dean asked.
“Absolutely,” Jo said as she got up with her plate in her hand then reached for Amber’s to take to the sink.
“Also this guy’s name is Chester George, he says he has been hunting in Wisconsin for years though he goes all over.  He said the state is a hotbed of activity.”
“Oh that is a good contact, someone from the state,” Sam said with excitement in his eyes.
“He was glad to hear we existed,” Ari finished as she took her and Dean’s plate to the sink before she rinsed the dishes to go in the dishwasher.
“Well, we have been here several times ourselves we already knew what we were dealing with,” Dean said as he got up to pace the room.
“What’s wrong?” Ari asked curious to what she believed was apprehension.
“It just seems to soon,” he shrugged.  

    It hit Ari that Dean was concerned for her and Amber.  The more hunters who knew of the place the more likely that the demons would also find out.   Another catch twenty-two situation.  She dried her hands before taking his in her own.  She led him into the living room.  Sam watched them  leave the room. He believed that Ari was the stable person that Dean needed in his life.  He hoped they could make it work despite the danger that faced her.  
“Hey, we will be okay,” she said.
He pulled into his arms, something he did frequently when they were together at the house.  Ari appreciate his gentleness, she enjoyed his closeness whenever it happened.  She looked into his eyes.
“I know I will make sure of that,” he said with a determined voice.

    After breakfast, Sam, Ari and Amber went antique shopping in Ari’s car.  Dean had been nominated to take Jo to town for more supplies.  They were both silent as they drove along the small back roads that led to the highway that would take them into Fond du Lac.  Of course, neither could be heard over the sound of Metallica that Dean had cranked in the Impala.  Jo seethed for the first twenty or so miles then she took a nose dive and turned off the radio.
“What the?” Dean asked.
“We need to talk.”
Dean turned the radio back on as he faced the road again.
Jo turned it off.
“Keep your hands off my car or you will be walking back,” Dean shouted above the sound of the music.
“Fine, but you are being childish,” she yelled back.
Dean stopped the car and pulled over to the side of the road.  Neither cared that cars were passing them at fifty-five to sixty miles an hour.  Jo pouted.  Dean was livid.
“What the hell do we need to discuss, Jo?”
“Why you did a Three sixty on me.  First you seemed interested…..”
“It’s ancient history, so I had a brief sexual attraction, believe me honey, its long gone.  Anything else?”
Jo held back her tears.  Brief? Sexual? Attraction?  She felt insulted, confused, stupid, used, and a myriad of things that she would never share with Dean Winchester.  Dean started the car up again and eased into the traffic.  He could tell when she tensed up.  He was not happy with himself.  Maybe he had given her a bit of false hope at one time, but she needed to get it settled in her head that things had changed.  He was in love with someone else.  Someone he wanted at his side in the new venture they had undertaken.

    That night Ari laughed as Dean told her what had happened with Jo.  She did feel a bit sorry for him.  
“Poor Sweetie, to have young women throwing themselves at you.  What a tough life,” she teased.
“You don’t know the half of it,” he grinned as he pulled her on top of him.
He ran his hands up and down her spine evoking moans of pleasure, the kind of moans he loved.  She made a trail of kisses that began at his hairline and proceeded down his muscled chest.  She leaned up so he could take her left nipple in his mouth to suckle while she straddled his chest.  Once he was done with the right side, she slide back down his body so he could enter her.  He grinned at her boldness as she closed her eyes.  He sat up so they could cuddle for a moment.
“I missed you can we just sit her a moment?” she asked.
He nodded before he kissed her while he roamed his hands over her smooth butt.  Her hands were in his hair as their hearts raced.  She pushed down while he thrusted upward.  She began to pant lightly as a light sheen of sweat covered them.
“A little faster please,” she whispered.
Dean smiled while he picked up the pace.  What she wants she gets.
She moaned again before Dean put her on her back.  Ari giggled.
“You like control don’t you” she teased as he continued to push inside her.
He answered against her neck? “You don’t mind the view from there, do you?” .  
She bit her lip, “Not at all, I’ll take it any way you give it.”
He never took his eyes away from hers as he came inside her.
“Oh I did miss you so much,” she said with a sigh.

Ari woke up with a scream of terror, two hours later.  Dean reached for her.
“Hey, you are fine.  Here look at me, Ari, please…”
Her heart raced, as she looked wildly around her.  
“Dean, something is wrong, very wrong.”
“What?”
“The dream has changed now there is a man after me, though I could still hear the dogs.”


***

    Chester, Chet, George was a hunter but not a good one.  He had been summoned to Chicago to rid the blonde executive of the demon.  During the exorcism the demon, the same one who was on Ari’s trail, overtook the man.  He should have known better than to try the technique alone.  Afterward he had used his connections as a hunter to locate the Winchesters.  He never had to visit the roadhouse, the hunters seemed to be a gossipy bunch, which was not a good thing in their business.  He got into his black F150, and headed north on Interstate 94 toward Wisconsin.  

TBC
Chapter 13 by EdenWrites
Dean pulled her into his arms.
“Ari have you ever had any of your dreams come true.  I mean do you think they are visions?”
She moved back to look at him.
“Not that I can remember.  So you think maybe the dreams are regular and don’t really mean anything?” she said as she tilted her head to the side as she thought.
“I don’t know.  Most dreams have meanings according to Geek boy, Sam.”
“So maybe mine aren’t what they seem.  But, what could they mean then?  We have been taking them at face value.”
“Right, yeah lets just go back to sleep and tell Sam about them in the morning.”
He held her again as they settled back down to go to sleep.  She sighed into his neck as she bit her lip.  What is happening to me?

    The next morning after Ari’s latest dream Sam suggested for a while they would go meet anyone interested in coming to the place. They would not accept anyone who just showed up at their doorstep.  Everyone agreed it was a good idea in their situation.
“So Ari had another dream?” Jo asked as she munched on her toast.
Dean shook his head; they did not want to have the discussion in front of Amber.
“We will talk about it later, okay?” he said as he glared in Jo’s direction.  
She slammed the rest of her bread down on the plate before she got up to go to the sink.  Sam went up behind Jo to calm her down.
“Jo, relax okay.  The little time we have lived here before you arrived; our home was cordial and warm.  Since you have been here it has been turmoil…”
“Maybe I should just leave.  Hey, you guys are back you don’t need me,” she said as she turned around and ended up in his arms.
Sam searched her eyes; he could tell she was on the verge of tears.  He put his hand on her cheek as she looked up.
“You don’t have to leave, Jo.  You can stay in my room as long as you want, but please try not to make so many waves with Dean.”

    Dean watched Jo and Sam out of the corner of his eye.  
“Hey,” Ari said in an attempt to get his attention.
“Sorry,” he said with a smile.
“Looks like Sam may like our little Jo,” Ari teased.
“That is doubtful,,” Dean said as he openly looked at the two of them.
“Can I go outside to play with the puppy?” Amber asked.
Ari looked from Dean to Amber with a smile plastered on her face.  No, she was confident that Dean wanted to be with her and not Jo.   So why did she suddenly feel sick to her stomach.
“In a second, Honey, Sam said he would go out with you.”
Sam heard them say his name and stepped away from Jo.  His facial expression was one of confusion.  What was he doing? He liked Paris.  Jo was just a kid, but when she looked at him all vulnerable and teary-eyed it touched his heart.  He sighed.  
“Let’s go Amber,” he said as he looked toward the little girl.  He saw Dean look warily at him.  
“Okay Sammy,” Amber said as went to him then took his hand.  

Her face was aglow with excitement.  She loved her puppy but he couldn’t stay inside because of the wards, salt, chalk and other protections around the inside of the house.  Outside he had room to roam in the fenced area they had set aside for him.  Jo followed the two of them outside.

    Ari sighed as she got up to do the dishes while Dean finished his bacon.  They had gotten into a morning rhythm that was comfortable.  Though Ari knew comfort could be deceiving.  Dean needed excitement she felt, she didn’t want to get boring on him.  Of course there was only so many ways to have breakfast with others in the house.  She didn’t feel Dean as he came up behind her because she was lost in thought.  
“A penny for your thoughts,” he said as he put his arms around her waist though her hands were in the sudsy dishwater.  
“Um just organizing in my head what we need to get started on getting the things we bought…..”
He kissed her neck before running his nose along her collar bone.  She could feel trickles of desire run down her spine.  How did he do it?  He brought out the passion in her, something she still needed to get accustomed to.  He didn’t seem unaffected himself, she would have sworn she felt his heart racing as he leaned against her back.  
“Um, and I want you to put the bookshelf together…” she started again.
Dean pushed his hands under her shirt where he unhooked her bra as he nibbled on her ear.  His thumbs found her nipples right away and he touched them gently with his fingers, as he created invisible circles.  
“Arianna, relax,” he whispered in her ear as his heart raced.
She moaned as she leaned heavily against the cold of the sink.  She had to focus.  She rinsed her hands before she turned to face him.  He grinned at her as she put her arms around his neck so she could kiss him.  Her cold wet hands tangled their way into his hair but neither noticed.  She pulled back after the kiss to look into his eyes.  He smirked at her as she bit her lip.  
“Let’s go down stairs and get started,” he said with a grin as he took her hand.  

    Christening the downstairs flat had not crossed Ari’s mind, but it seemed Dean had considered it more than once.  Twenty minutes later they were in the downstairs study on the sofa spooning after they made love.  Dean sighed into Ari’s hair.  She smiled to herself.  She was still surprised her how gentle Dean could be.  His ghost hunter problem solving mode was so different then his lover mode.  They both knew they should get up to get some work done but the afterglow was too sweet and warm.  Then they heard a door open.  They jumped up to get dressed as they giggled like two kids caught in the act.
 
    Ari pulled Dean’s boxer’s on as she looked sultrily at him.  He grinned as she tucked the sides in, damn, she is even sexy in my underwear.
“You can wear mine,” she teased as she held up the lace panties.
“Maybe next time,” Dean said before he kissed her again.
Ari patted her hair down after she put her shorts on over his, while Dean looked for his shoe.  There was a knock on the door before they were ready.
“Yeah?” Dean said.
“I hope you are decent,” Sam said though there was a smile in his voice.
“Give us a minute,” Ari said as Dean tried not to laugh.
When they opened the door Dean had the bookshelf parts all over the floor as though that had been what they had worked on all along.  Ari walked out and around Sam, who stood at the door, with a grin on her face.
“Yeah, right, I’m sure that is what you two were working doing,” Sam teased as he walked in to sit on the sofa not far from Dean who sat on the floor.
Sam pulled the panties out of the sofa and looked at them before Dean grabbed them to put in his pocket.  Sam didn’t need to know he wasn’t wearing any underwear.
“Don’t ask,” Dean said.
“Oh I wasn’t,” Sam said with a knowing smile.
“So what’s going on with you and Jo?” Dean asked with a small smile though he did not look up at his brother who had begun to fold the blanket he and Ari had used on the sofa.
“Nothing, bro, just being nice, something you might want to try.”
“Well, I am taken, so me being nice they way I saw you being nice this morning would cause world war three,” Dean said with an arched eyebrow as he grinned at Sam.
Sam smiled.  
“I have someone I like also, but it won’t hurt me or you to just chill.”
Dean wrangled his eyebrows, he could put up with Jo but only if she stayed out of his way.
“Dean?”
“Dude, stop stressing.  You know she is right we are back maybe she should leave.”
“Personally, I think Ari needs some female company right now.  For as long as either of us can stand it, okay Dean.”
“Fine but anymore stunts like she pulled with shotgun and she is out.”
Dean stood as he cell rang.
“Hello?”
“Hey, its me we got a call on the land line to go meet that hunter.  You and Sam want to get him?” Ari asked.
“Oh, yeah, sure we are on the way up.” Dean said before he put his phone away.

    Dean and Sam went upstairs to tell the girls they were leaving.  Dean hugged Amber and kissed Ari before the went out to the car.  Sam winked at Amber who giggled before he gave Jo a nod and a smile before he followed his brother inside.

    The Winchesters had taken the precaution of having the hunter meet them in Milwaukee.  The place they set up to meet the hunter, Chet, was downtown Milwaukee.  The location was at a coffee shop, Java Spot, across from a local bar.  Of course, in Milwaukee that type of location was common.  Coffee or beer they figured they would give the guy a choice.

    “So this guy driver a dark blue F150, right?”
Dean asked as the arrived at their destination.
“Yep, there it is,” Sam said.
They spotted the truck but didn’t see a driver.  They decided to park and split up.  Sam took the coffee shop, Dean the bar.  A few minutes later they met back at the Impala.  Both shrugged as they faced the truck to see this time someone was inside.

    They walked toward the truck to meet the fellow hunter.  From a distance they could see the man.  He looked about fiftyish, tall, maybe 5’11, his hair was longish on the sides but shorter on top.  He sat straight up in the truck but got out to meet the boys.  Half way to Sam he stretched out his hand.  His friendly blue eyes lit up as he shook the younger man’s hand.  
“Hi, I’m Chet,” he said.
“Nice to meet you,” Sam replied hesitantly.
Something is wrong here, Sam thought.
Dean smiled but seemed anxious to get on the road, he went back toward the car.
“Follow us,” he said before getting inside the Impala.
Sam explained to Chet it was about an hour drive before he started back to the vehicle.

    Once he was seated and Dean started down the road Dean looked over at him and saw he didn’t look well.
“Hey, Bro, what’s up?”
“Something isn’t right about this guy.”
“What do you mean?”
“I can’t explain, I didn’t see a vision but it just doesn’t feel right.”
“Good enough for me.  Call Jo tell her to put plan A into effect.”
Sam nodded as he dialed.

    When the arrived back at the house Sam got out and went around to the trunk.  Dean got out and started toward the door but stopped midway and turned back, as though he had forgotten something.
“Go ahead,” he said to Chet.
Chet shrugged before he went to the door.  Jo stood on the other side of the door as she waited to open it. Chet grinned at her just before he was sprayed in the face with holy water.  Jo could hear the sizzle of his skin as his hands went to his face.  Sam heard the scream before he shot Chet full of rock salt.   All three saw the black smoke as it streamed from Chet’s mouth.  Jo had shut the door before the shots were fired; she listened from the other side of the closed door.  Ari who was in the lower flat working when she heard the noise and went to the window to look out.  
She didn’t move, she knew the rules the Winchesters had set up for their protection.
1.    Stay inside the lines
2.    Keep the amulets on
3.    If you can’t help stay back
4.    Plan A-Holy water test
5.    Plan B-Rock salt test
6.    Plan C-Silver bullet test-last resort, use only if A & B fail
She saw the black smoke come from the man’s mouth as she covered her mouth with her hands.  Oh my God.

    After the demon left Chet’s body, Sam and Dean helped him inside the house.  They took him to the lower level since it was less stress on the shocked man.  Ari opened the door when she saw them outside.  While they helped him onto the living room sofa there was a scream from upstairs.  Then the sound of shots could be clearly heard.

    Dean rushed up the stairs with the gun in his hand.  He found Jo with Amber in her arms as blood ran down Amber’s leg.
“What happened?” Dean asked as he took Amber from Jo.
“The puppy attacked her, he was growling as he bore this teeth,” Jo pointed to the open window in Amber’s room.
“It came back through the window and into the dog.”
“Yep,” Jo said as she put medicine on Amber’s leg while Dean held her.  
The little girl had not stopped crying the entire time.  He held her as he tried to soothe her with soft words.
“It’s okay, Sweetie, but the dog got sick.  We can get you another okay?”
Amber looked at him with her eyes full of tears.
“He hurt me,” she said.
“He was sick, Honey, he…is gone now,” Dean said.

    Ari walked into the bathroom after she saw the dead dog on the floor.  Jo left the room to dispose of the body.  Amber went into Ari’s arms.
“Is it over?” Ari asked Dean as she looked up at him with sadness in her eyes.
“Quite possibly, that was the demon that made the deal.  We will find out,” he said as he pulled them both into his arms.
 
    Sam and Chet met Jo outside as she salted then burned the puppy’s body.
“Well, maybe Ari can get some peace now,” Jo said.
“Hopefully,” Sam said with a smile.
Chet just watched dumbfounded.  He hoped to learn more about ghost hunting from the Winchesters.

TBC
Chapter 14 by EdenWrites
Chet settled in to a bedroom in the downstairs flat that night after the Winchester’s had a talk with him.
{Flashack}
“So how long have you been hunting?”
Sam asked as they gathered around the kitchen table.  Dean leaned back in the chair with his legs stretched out as he sucked on a toothpick.  They had set up a weight room in the basement so they could work out when time allowed.  With all the good meals they had begun to eat, they needed it.  He rubbed his stomach as the fullness settled in.  They had grilled steaks out back that night.  Ari and Jo made mashed potatoes, green beans and Amber’s favorite chocolate chip cookies.
“I started hunting ghosts after my son died,” Chet said.
“Oh,” Sam replied as he looked at Dean.
“He had the ability to levitate things even at that young age.”
“Had?” Dean asked.
“He died when he was six,he was hit by a hit and run driver.”
“I’m sorry,” Sam said sadly.
Chet explained how he had blamed himself because he always worked so his son, Ethan, had been with the sitter when the accident happened.  He lost his job after he got extremely depressed and stopped going to work.
“You know it wasn’t your fault?” Sam asked as he patted the older man on the back.
“After I lost my job I began to miss wife and my son.  I guess I was obsessed with their deaths.  Then I wanted to know why my wife died the way she had.  I mean when Ethan was alive I put my energy into him but then he died too.”
“How did she die?” Dean asked as Sam glared in his direction.  He just wanted to make sure they were on the same wavelength.
“There was a fire at our house while I worked.  The sitter said she saw a shadow in the room with my wife…..who was on the ceiling with her stomach slashed.  The sitter grabbed the baby and got out of the house.  The sitter was a live in helper since my wife had post partum depression after Ethan was born,” he said with a groan.
“Did you connect your son’s gift with what happen to your wife?” Sam asked with an up raised eyebrow.
“Not until I heard your story from Ellen.  I do remember that much of what happen the last few days.  I’m sorry about the puppy.”
Sam shook his head.
“It’s not your fault but we will help you become better prepared for the fight while you are here.”
Dean nodded.
Knowledge is not power without a solid way to use that knowledge, Sam thought.
{End Flashback}

    Ari finally calmed Amber down enough for her to go to sleep.  She saw Sam talking to Jo in the kitchen as she went to the bedroom to see what Dean was up to.  She found him sound asleep in their bed.  He lay on his stomach with his hands around the pillow.  She quietly slid in beside him.  She sighed with a smile on her face as she looked him over.  She loved to watch him sleep.  In the dimly lit room, she could see the muscles under his tee shirt, the blonde highlights in his hair as the moon shone through the window, the sprinkling of freckles on his nose and the dimple in his cheek.  She tried hard not to move around so he could continue to rest, she knew if he woke up, he would feel as though they had to make love.  It wasn’t as if she didn’t want to be with him but sometimes being near him was enough for her.  She had yet to find a way to express that to him.  She took a deep breath and let it out slowly.  All of a sudden, she felt frightened, not by him or anything to do with him but by her own emotions.
 
    He had been a surprise to her from the start with his smart-ass comments that didn’t conceal the respect he had for women.  His handsome appearance had drawn her in but the man underneath was what kept her wanting him more each day.  She knew he had to hide behind the tough exterior to do the job he had undertaken in his life.  He had opened up more to her than she believed he ever had to anyone else.  She felt honored though his humbleness would not know how to receive the compliment, she understood that.  She admired him and wondered often if she were good enough for him.  He excited and inspired her all at once.  He was a hero in her heart, her heart that had given up on love many years before.

    Sam told Jo all about Paris and how they met as they sat on the sofa.  Jo tried to appear happy for him when all she wanted to do was kiss him.  She licked her lips and Sam stopped talking mid sentence.
“She wants to come….”
“What?” Jo asked in an innocent tone.
Sam leaned down as though he were going to kiss her on the lips.  Jo was taken by surprise despite the fact that she had wanted to feel his lips on hers.  She pulled him to her but he leaned away from Jo with a frown.  Jo looked confused as he got up.
“I’m sorry, that was not a good idea.”
“What not Sammy?   We don’t have to get married just to kiss,” Jo said flustered.
“Jo, I like Paris,” he said as he pointed to his room for her to leave if she wanted but he either had to sleep on the sofa in the living room or in the study.  Unless he went down stairs to sleep in a bed there.  He stood for a moment as Jo stomped off to the bedroom. 
He decided to go sleep in a bed downstairs.  Paris phoned before Sam was settled in the bed.
“Hold on,” he said as he undressed before he slid in between the nice clean cool sheets.
“I missed you,” she said when he was situated.
“I missed you too,” he sighed.
“I really want to see you Sam,” she said as she bit her lip as she stood outside the convenience store.
“When can you get time off?”
“Sam I quit my job, I am in Hustisford.”
“What?” Sam asked as he sat up in the bed.
“Are you mad?”
“No, where are you?” he asked as he tried to get dressed again with one hand.

***

    Dean woke up a couple of hours later, to find that Ari was not beside him in bed.  He looked up to see she sat in the chair across the room asleep.  He watched her for a moment.  She didn’t look comfortable with her feet up and a blanket draped around her.  He got up to wake her
“Ari, Honey, wake up,” he said as he knelt in front of her wearing his pajama bottoms.
She looked at him with sleepy eyes.  He touched her forehead an she seemed overly warm. 
“Why aren’t you in bed?  Are you sick?” he asked as he stood up.
“I didn’t want to wake you,” she said with tears in her eyes.
He wiped her tears away with a slow smile.
“Don’t ever worry about waking me up, it’s your bed too,” he said.
“I don’t mean to cry it’s the stupid hormones.  It’s that time for me,” she said as she looked in his understanding face.
“Oh?”
“Sorry, no sex,” she said with a smile.
“That’s okay, come, let’s get back to bed.”
He held her in his arms, gently.
“Don’t ever apologize for being a woman, okay.”
She looked into his eyes again.
“Okay,... that is why I love you so much…”
“Why?” he asked hesitantly.
“You constantly amaze me.”
He kissed her forehead.
“You should take something for that fever,” he said as he got out of bed again.
“My Midol is in the bathroom cabinet,” she said as he left the room.

    Dean heard someone crying as he came out of the room.  Great more hormones?  He decided to get the medicine first.  Once he was back in the hall, he shook his head as he proceeded to Sam’s room to check on Jo.  He knocked on the partially opened door.
“Jo?”
She sat up and wiped her eyes.
“Yeah?” she said as she looked wide-eyed at him.
Probably here to yell at me for making noise.
“What’s going on?” he asked impatiently.
His voice sounded harsh compared to a few minutes before when he had been concerned for Ari. 
“Nothing, I thought I shut the door.”
“Don’t lie something is wrong, just tell me,” he insisted as he stood uncomfortably in the middle of the room.
The bed was to the right side near the window, there was an armoire, a chest of drawers as well as a chair, two end tables and a large closet.
“Like you care,” she shot at him.
“Hey if you don’t want to tell me fine,” he said as he went back to the door.
“Wait,” she said as she got up off the bed to stand behind him.
“I’m just sad  I have to leave,” she added as she touched his arm.
He jerked away from her touch.
“Don’t” he said with fire in his hazel eyes, “Good night,” he added as he went back down the hall.
Jo bit her lip as she watched him leave.

    Ari could tell Dean was angry when he returned. 
“What happened?” she asked as he handed her the pill and a half glass of water he had drank from earlier.
“Not worth discussing,” he said as she swallowed the pill.
“Okay,” she said with a smile as they finally settled in for the night.

    Sam and Paris kissed on the downstairs living room sofa.  He tried not to think about almost kissing Jo earlier.  He felt guilty for wanting to kiss another woman even for a moment.  He cared too much for Paris, or so he believed to cheat on her so soon in their relationship.  But was he drawn to Jo?  Or was Jo just the one on hand when he had on urge? Was he turning into Dean? Even Dean didn’t cheat, that wasn’t either of them.  He considered confessing to Paris but decided to enjoy the moment. 
“Hey, are you with me?” Paris asked as she leaned up.
“Yes, I’m sorry.  I’m so glad you came,” Sam said in earnest.
“A lot on your mind?” she asked as she played with his long hair.
“Yeah, like how to tell Dean we have a new tenant?” he teased.
And how to get Jo out gracefully.
“We can discuss that tomorrow, right?”
Sam nodded as he leaned into kiss her again.  This time he picked her up to take her to the empty bedroom. 

    Sam laid Paris on the bed before he unzipped her jeans while she tugged off his shirt.  Once they were undressed, Paris straddled him as he eyed her from against the headboard with a grin on his face. 
“Paris, why did you quit your job?” he asked thoughtfully before she leaned down to lick his lips.  He tangled his long fingers through her shiny brown hair.  He held her head in his hands before he rested his lips against hers once again.  Sam was lost in the kiss as Paris reached for the foil packet they had placed on the nightstand.  Sam heard her open the packaging as he raised his head with a smile. 
“Why?”
“Ari isn’t the only one with money,” she teased as she unrolled the condom onto his large erection.  Sam grinned as he slid inside her tight body.  Her movements seemed graceful to him as she rode steadily while he met her stroke for stroke.  She closed her eyes as she went higher and he went in deeper.  Sam watched entranced while his heart raced, he had missed her and not just because the sharing of their bodies but sweet, sassy presence.  When they were both satisfied Sam pulled her into his arms.  He decided to let tomorrow take care of its self.

    It was six in the morning, when Dean received a call on his cell.  He grabbed the phone without checking the display.
“Hello?” he said quietly to avoid waking Ari.
“Dean, its Cassie,”
“Hold on,” he said as he slid from under the warm covers.
He took the phone into the study to talk.
”Okay, why are you calling?” he asked as he rubbed his eyes before he leaned back in the chair behind the desk.
“Dean I want us to make a go of it,” she said with a smile in her voice.
“What?”
“You heard me silly, I want us to try and make things work.”
“Cassie,….I am with someone else now.”
“What?” Is it serious?”
“Yeah, it is…I should go,” he said.
“Wait, Dean do you love her?” she asked with sadness in her voice.
“Yes, I do…I really should go.”
“But what of the hunting?”
“She knows and accepts that it’s what I do.”
“Oh…Dean I will always love you.”
“Cassie, don’t okay, move on……Please you need someone else….someone different.”
“But….”
“I should go….I wish you the best…..I do.”
That was it, Cassie was out of his life for good.  It was the way things had to be because he did love Ari and because of her he hoped to find the demon soon.  Dean put his head in his hands on the desk before he heard someone at the door.
 
    “Hey you okay?” Sam asked.
“Come in and shut the door,” Dean said as he leaned back in the chair.
“So was that Cassie?  I heard you say her name.”
“Yes, she wanted us to get back together.”
“Oh.”
“Yeah, Oh, great timing huh?”
“Well, at least you told her about Ari,” Sam said as she sat opposite Dean in a chair near the desk.
Dean stared a Sam a minute, something wasn’t right about his brother’s line of questions.
“How much did you hear?”
“Um, I guess most of it, sorry.”
“You listened?”
“I was considering how to tell you something as I stood outside.”
“So you listened?”
“Yeah man, I’m sorry.”
“You seemed to be getting into a habit of listening when I am on the phone.  Dude, what is wrong with you?”
Sam shook his head, he knew he needed to make his confession.  Dean’s eyes almost popped out of his head before he flew over the desk and at his brother. 

    Ari heard the yelling and woke up.  She saw right away that Dean wasn’t in the bed though it was early for him to be up.  She put on her robe to go out in the hall.  She could tell the loud voices were in the study. 
“You told her to call me?” Dean said.
“I was trying to help.”
“Help?  Help?  Cassie and I do not need help, Sam we are not together. We have not been together for years.”
“But when you were there and saw her again I know you still loved her.”
Ari moved away from the door with her hand over her mouth.  She did not want to hear anymore. She knew eavesdropping never made things better. 
“I love Ari, Sam, I told Cassie that,” Dean said but Ari had left the door before that statement.  She swallowed as she went to the kitchen to get herself some water. 

    Dean sat back down as he raked his hands through his hair.
“Start at the beginning.”
Sam adjusted his shirt before he sat down again.
“I have been in contact with her since we left Missouri.”
Dean closed his eyes.
“What were you trying to prove?”
“Maybe I wanted you to have a chance at what I had with Jess, I didn’t do it to hurt anyone.  I can’t help she waited til now to call you.”
Dean thought maybe Sam was right about the timing, it wasn’t his fault.
“From now on, just stay out of my love life,” Dean said as he got up to leave the room.

    Ari stood at the sink with the glass in her hand as her heart ached.  Dean loves Cassie? Why was he lying to her?  Did he just want sex or is it the money?  If so, he needs to go to his Cassie.  She turned the tap on before she patted water on her face.  She heard the study door bam open but she did not move.  There were tears in her eyes, she could feel them.  Damn hormones, a very bad time.  I need to be strong, I do not want to appear weak.  She wiped the tears away with the back of her hand.  She did not realize she held her breath until Dean came up behind her.
“Hey, you okay?” he asked with his hands on her waist. 
“Yeah, I’m fine,” she said as she turned to face him.
I want to trust him like I did before, God help me.
“Sorry, about all the noise,” he said as he searched her eyes.
“No, problem, brothers fight, right?”
She licked her lips, though she felt uncomfortable because of him looking at her as though he knew her thoughts.  When she looked in his eyes she did not want to believe he was playing her for a fool.  But doubts arose quickly.  Maybe he knew about her money, maybe this was all a con game.  They had gotten her and her daughter out her in the middle of no where, but if so what was the plan?
He took her hand, “You should get some more rest,” he said with concern.
She tried to smile at him but she was afraid to trust him all of a sudden.  It hurt for her to feel that way about someone she shared her bed with, but not just that, her daughter was involved.  


TBC
Chapter 15 by EdenWrites
Back in the bed, Ari couldn’t sleep; her stress had escalated her cramping.  She sat up and felt nauseous.  She ran to the bathroom to throw up.  Dean showed up behind her to hold her hair back then afterward he handed her a cold wet cloth.
“Thanks,” she said at his distressed look.
He shooed her out of the room so he could clean up and she could get back in bed.  Suddenly her doubts seemed stupid.  Most men would never be there for her when she most needed them.  Few even acknowledged the monthly pain of women.  She decided to clear the air when he came back to the bed.
“Dean, if you want Cassie then you should go to her,” she said as she fought back tears.
Damn it, she took a deep breath.
“What?” he asked calmly as he wiped at her tears again.
Good grief.
“I came looking for you when you and Sam were in the study.”
“You heard something?”
“Uh huh, I am not forcing you to be here with me.  I told you the money was yours…”
“What?  Why are you saying that?”
She told him that she heard something about him loving Cassie.  Dean sighed as he pulled her into his arms.
“Cassie is the past and she knows that she and I are history, that …. I am with you.”
“Oh.”
“Yep, I don’t regret it, it’s what I want,” he said as he kissed her nose.”   
“Good, I mean I know you are going to be busy but I want to be an asset to you not a hindrance.” she said with a sigh.
“Very good,” he said as he put his head on hers before he closed his eyes.    
I am all in, more than you know, he thought.

    Early the next morning, Jo packed up before she headed to her car.  She looked back at the house before she got in the car but was surprised when Amber tapped on her window.  She must have followed me.
“Where you going?” Amber asked.
“Well, I was leaving, I have things to do,” she said with a smile for the little girl as she got back out of the car.  
She took Amber back inside, but that meant she would have to tell someone she was going to leave.  She stood in the kitchen while Amber ate the cereal she made for her.  She bit her lip before the tears came.  Okay I can do this, I will have to wake Dean or his woman someone has to watch Amber.
“Keep eating I’ll be back,” Jo said as she headed down the hall to wake someone.
She tapped on the door a couple times before Dean opened the door.  He wore only a pair of boxers and his muscles drew a gasp from Jo.
“Um, someone needs to watch Amber I’m leaving,” she said before walking away and back down the hall.
“Jo?” Dean said as he went to the bed to grab his bottoms.
Ari rubbed her eyes as she saw Dean get dressed.
“What’s going on?”
“Jo is leaving I’ll be back in a minute,” he said as he walked out the bedroom door.

    Amber was coloring at the table while Jo rinsed her bowl when Dean came in.  
“You couldn’t have told us this last night?  You were just going to take off?”
“Yes, its getting a bit crowded here and it’s not like you give a damn,” she said as she crossed her arms over her stomach as she leaned back against the sink.
“Like Sam would say, it’s common courtesy I was talking about, and watch your language around the child,” Dean said as he glared at her.
“Don’t leave,” Amber said as she looked at Jo with sad eyes.
“It’s not personal, really, I have things to do.  I got a call from a contact over in Michigan there are rumors of a werewolf up in the Upper Peninsula.  Maybe I will swing back through on the way back,” she said with a smile for Amber and a glare at Dean.
“A werewolf?  Maybe Sam and I should go with you,” Dean suggested.  
“Oh.”
“Have you done any research?” Sam asked as he walked in the room with Paris by the hand.

    Paris wasn’t dressed for her environment with four inch heels and a tight pair of Capris. She looked uncomfortable as she crossed her arms over her stomach.  She had begun to notice her and Sam seemed to have slipped into a pattern of sex with very little talk.  Even though she wanted to know about the supernatural, she was beginning to think Sam had begun to have second thoughts.  What had she done?

    Dean’s eyebrows shot up.  Chet came in behind the two of them.  
“Morning,” he said to the group.
Sam ignored his brother’s expression as he reached in the cabinet for two bowls.  
Paris sat down at the table as she waited for Sam to fill her bowl.  She smiled at Dean who went back to his discussion with Jo.
“So?” Dean asked as he reached around Sam to get his own bowl.
“Well if you want to go help, I guess you can,” she shrugged.
“Nice to see you too, Dean,” Paris said between bites.
“Yeah, um. good you made it to visit Sam,” he said as he realized he had not gone back to tell Ari what was going on.
She walked in the room just as he rose to leave the room.

    “Good morning,” she said to no one in particular.
“I was going to make you breakfast,” Dean began.
“Oh no, its fine.  So what is going on in here? Looks like a party,” Ari said with a smile as she got her own bowl.  
Dean sat back down.
“Looks like we are going on a hunt with Jo,” Sam said as he straddled his chair.
Dean nodded, as Ari sat down beside him at the large table.  
“Okay when are you leaving?”
“Well we need to research first,” Sam said around the cereal in his mouth.
Paris smiled at him.
“So I show up and you are going off on a hunt?” she asked, as she pretended not to mind.
“It’s what they do,” Ari said in defense of the Sam and Dean.
Dean squeezed her hand under the table.  
“Mommy when are we going to the store?” Amber asked as she went to stand by her mother.
She still wore her Barbie nightgown.
“We are leaving after breakfast so go get dressed, okay.”
“Okay,” Amber said as she went to her room.

    After breakfast, Amber, Ari, and Dean headed to the store to get supplies. They had decided to go to Wal-Mart before heading to the Whole Foods store for food.  At the store they split up, Dean took Amber to the kid’s area to buy color books while Ari went in search of the other things they needed.  Amber was browsing through each book as Dean waited a bit impatiently behind her. A tall blonde woman wondered into their aisle and he raised his eyebrow at the way she looked at him.  Okay even I don’t like to feel like a piece of meat.  He bent down to ask Amber is she was almost done.  She grinned up at him but shook her head.  He sighed as the blonde approached him.
“Cute kid,” she said as she stopped in front of him.
“Yeah she is, looks like her mother,” he replied without interest.
The lady shrugged.
“Are you with her mother?”
Dean nodded, the woman’s perfume had begun to work its magic on him, not that he was interested but it was a nice smell.
“I am yes….”
“He is Mommy’s boyfriend,” Amber supplied as she stood between the two of them.
The lady stood back.  
“Okay, well, have a nice day,” the lady said as she walked away.
Dean smiled at Amber who went back to look at the books.  Got her mother’s spunk.

Jo and Sam went to the study to do research after the others left.  Paris sat bored on the sofa while Chet went outside to his truck to clean his weapons.  She scanned through various magazines on the table.  Looks like Ari believes in the home spun life style.  It didn’t take her long to get through that project before she got up to look through the books on the shelves. There was a range of topics from mythology, romance, mysteries, biographies to an encyclopedia collection.  She smiled to herself, they aim to please at least, they must have emptied a couple of thrift stores.  She grabbed a romance before she sat back down to read.
 
    Two hours later, Paris showed up in the study to find Jo and Sam laughing at something on the computer.
“Hey what’s so funny?” Paris asked as she went over to them to see what was going on.
“Oh it’s this goofy picture of a werewolf we ran across,” Sam said with a grin.
“Yeah, um… so you two done with the research?”
Jo shook her head, “No we were taking a break,” she said as she yawned.
“We did find out we need to get out of here early in the morning, there is a full moon in two days.  There have been five murders in the last five months, not sure how we missed this when we were up North.”
“Guess you had other things on your mind,” Jo added with a frown as she glared at Paris.
“Yeah we did have other things we worked on,” Sam said mysteriously.
Paris raised an eyebrow at him.

    When Ari, Dean and Amber arrived back at the house, Ari was disappointed to find the kitchen was a disaster area. The sink was full of dishes, the stove had oil on it, the floor had crumbs and the table looked half wiped off.  She frowned as she went to the room to change.  Dean shook his head just before he yelled out Sam’s name.
“Samuel Francis, get in here,” he said in a fatherly tone.
Sam ran out of the study to the kitchen to see what the problem was.
“What the hell, Dean, I’m not six why are you yelling for me?”
“You know I might believe that if the kitchen looked as though responsible people lived here.  
Sam looked around and it hit him that Dean was right. What the hell was Paris doing while we researched? i He sighed.  Ari came in the room and began to make the dish water without saying a word to either of them.
“I’m sorry, Ari, I assumed that Paris would do it.  Though maybe she sees herself as a guest.”
“Even guests have enough sense to make tidy,” Dean said with a roll of his eyes.
“I didn’t know I was the maid,” Paris said a she stood near the door with her arms crossed.
“I helped clean because it makes sense because there is no maid,” Jo said as she looked curiously at Paris.  I can’t see Sam with this prima dona.
“We all clean up after ourselves, period.  Unless someone specifically says they will do this or that,” Dean said as she looked at the other three except Ari who only listened while she washed up.  
“We will make a chore list,” Sam said in his organizational mode.  
Though with them leaving their would be less work with half of them gone anyway, Dean and Ari agreed it was a great idea.  Everyone helped clean up that afternoon.  Paris swept, Jo cleaned the oven off, Dean helped Ari rinse, dry and put up the dishes while Sam mopped up when they were all done.  Chet came in when they finished and asked when dinner would be ready.  The room was suddenly alive with laughter.  Amber came in to asked what was so funny,  Ari shook her head as she kissed the little girls hair.

***

    Early the next morning, Jo, Sam and Chet put their things in the Impala while they waited for Dean.  
“Be careful, remember the rules, try not to kill Paris,” Dean said with a grin.
“I’ll miss you too,” Ari said as she kissed him long and hard on the mouth.  
 “I love you,” he said in her ear as he tugged her hair behind it.  
Amber smiled up at him before he picked her up.
“Take care of you mother, munchkin,” Dean said to her as he hugged her.  He had become fond of the little girl despite the fact that she favored Sam most of the time, he believed she was getting used to him being around.  Ari and Amber watched them leave from the back door.  Ari was relieved that the demon that had made the deal with her dad was dead, that was one less thing she had to be concerned with.  They waved at the car as it backed out of the drive.  Paris waved from the window upstairs, with fear in her heart. She had a bad feeling about Jo and Sam.

    Once they were on the road Dean turned up the music and the others settled down to try to rest in spite of the noise.  Sam was used to ignoring it, Jo couldn’t get comfortable and long to hear some REO, but kept quiet.  Chet could sleep through anything and by the time, they had driven a half hour he was snoring his head off.  Jo begin to laugh as Sam leaned up and grinned at the older man’s way of relaxing.  He had his head back and mouth open, Dean shook his head as he bammed his hands on the steering wheel with the beat.
 
    At their first rest stop, Sam phoned Paris to check on her.  He felt bad that he had left her after she dropped everything to come see him.  No, she didn’t just come to see me she changed her life and made a decision I had not agreed upon. They really needed to talk more about that.
“Hey, how are things going?” Sam asked as he walked over to a bench to wait for the others.
“Yeah, we are fine.  How about you?” she said with no real interest in her voice.
“We are just changing drivers here at the rest stop.  Paris…I’m sorry the way ….”
“No, don’t apologize I should have known you were more interested in hunting then having a girl friend,” she said with a chill to her voice.
“Paris, you know what we are about, I did not try to hide that from you.”
She was quiet.
“Paris?”
“Yeah, I’m here, we can figure this out when you get back,” she said.
“I hope so,” Sam said with little enthusiasm.
“See you then,” she said as she hung up.
Sam looked at the phone, they were not starting off well at all.  He looked up to see Jo motion for him to come to the car.

    When they arrived at the motel that evening, they got two rooms.  Sam paid while the others took their things from the car.  Dean put his things away while Chet settled in front of the television.  Sam stood in the kitchenette wide awake.  
“I’m going to talk to Jo, you two need anything from outside?”
Dean shook his head before he pulled out his cell phone.
“I can use a soda on your way back,” Chet answered.
Sam nodded as he left the room to go next door.

    He knocked on the door and Jo looked through the peephole.
“Hold on,” she said as she wrapped her robe around her slim frame.
“Hey,” she said as she opened the door.
“Sorry, I didn’t think you would be ready for bed so soon.  I will talk to you tomorrow,” he volunteered as he turned to leave.  
“No, its fine I am not dressed for bed yet,” she said as she opened her robe to show she had shorts on with her tank top, “Just lounging,” she said.
“I won’t ask what you sleep in,” he said a  bit nervous at the thought of her naked body.
Was she taunting him?  Or was she just being herself?  What was happening to him?  He cleared his throat as he moved the chair beside the bed where Jo had sprawled out with the remote in hand.
“Want to watch a movie? Or did you have something you needed to say?” she asked with an innocent look.
“No, um I am just not tired yet.  You?”
“Not really, kind of winding down from the ride.”
“Well, let’s see what’s on the movie list?” he said as he got up to grab the menu from the television.

    Dean was in the bedroom on the phone with Ari while Chet watched television in the common area on the sofa.
“So everything is locked up safe and sound?”
“Yes, Honey, we are all doing good, stop worrying.”
“Sorry, I just feel like I haven’t been there for you lately.”
“It’s okay, I get that you have evil things to kill,” she teased.
“Is it what you expected, when you decided to come with us?” Dean asked as he began to miss her all over again.
“Pretty much, remember I am used to being alone.  You just watch your back while you are out there. I don’t want to have to stitch you up when you come home,” she said with a smile in her voice.
“Hey you start back on your nursing classes tomorrow right?”
“Yep, I will be online if you need me,” she laughed.
“Like I could grab that laptop from Sammy,” he teased back.
“You should get some rest, talk soon, okay?” she said as it hit her for the second time since the guys left that Dean would not be holding her again that night.  She felt wistful but she did not want him to worry.
“You are right, I’ll talk to you soon,” Dean said as he hung up the phone.
 
    Sam came back a couple of hours later to find Chet on the sofa asleep in his spot so he took the cot though it was too short for him to sleep comfortably.  He had just nodded off when there was an earth wrenching scream from somewhere behind the hotel and the sound of a wolf howling.  He jumped up to see Dean stood in the door with one leg in his pants.  Chet yawned when he heard the brother’s moving around.
“What is going on?”
“The wolf is outside now,” Sam said as there was a knock on the door.
“You guys hear that?” Jo asked as Sam held the door open for her to come in.
“Yeah we did, let’s haul ass,” Dean said as he grabbed one of the silver bullet filled guns from his bag on the floor.
Chet dressed quickly and they all left the room.

    No one else was about outside though they could not figure why since they had  clearly heard the noise.  All four walked quietly with their weapons hidden as they entered the dark wooded area.  Sam took out his flashlight to shine on the ground in front of them as the others followed his tall frame.  Jo was behind him, Chet was after her and Dean was in the back as he scanned the area with his own light.  They walked quite a ways before they almost tripped over a body of a young woman.  Her eyes were closed but she was dead her mouth still open from her scream.  Jo covered her mouth at the sight, while Sam bent down to check her coat for identification.  He did it carefully as not to leave prints and decided they would need to find a way to call it in anonymously as they continued to seek the wolf.  

    It didn’t take them long to find the spot where the wolf changed from its human form.  There was a pile of clothing not three hundred yards from the girl but the wolf was no where in sight.  Dean checked for some way to tell who the wolf was and felt hair on his hands when he reached for the wallet in the pants pocket.  
“Damn, the thing is shedding.  Why is it out before the full moon?”
Sam looked up through the trees to see that the moon was full.
“We must have gotten the date wrong,” Chet said as he saw the look on Sam’s face.
“It’s a good thing we came when we did,” Sam said sadly.

TBC
Chapter 16 by EdenWrites
The next morning Dean remembered the following weekend was both Amber and Ari’s shared birthday.  He sighed, he had Ari’s gift but had not known what to get for a four year old.  He pursed his lips as he padded across the room to see who else was up.  He opened the door just a peep to look into the kitchenette.  Chet leaned against the counter as he held a cup of coffee.  Dean could just see Sam’s feet as the hung over the small cot.  Dean went back inside the room to get dressed before he went in to get coffee.  “Hey,” Sam said with a yawn as he stretched as he stood.
“Sorry Bro, if you had wanted to go straight to bed I would have given you the room,” Dean smiled.
“I won’t make that mistake tonight,” Sam grinned.
They all drank their coffee in silence for a few minutes, before there was a knock on the door.
 
    Jo stood on the others side of the threshold with two sacks in hand.
“Breakfast anyone?” she asked with a grin.
She came in and passed out the sacks, before she sat on the end of Sam’s bed as he thanked her for her foresight.
Between bites Dean asked Jo about what he should get Amber for her birthday.
“Well she told me she wanted a horse, but I think you can get away with a puppy,” she said with a smile despite Dean’s frown.
“Oh, well Ari is going to look at horses, so that is out.”
“Really?” Sam asked.
“Yeah, They will come in handy around town too.”
Jo shrugged as she pulled her breakfast sandwich from the bad.  At least Dean had spoken civilly with her. That was an improvement.

    Ari got out of the shower and remember she had not seen the ring she wore on her right ring finger for a couple of days. She searched the bathroom vanity, then began on the drawers in the bedroom.  She was about to give up when she decided to check the bottom bedside drawer and found it stuck.  She pulled until it came free.  Inside in the back was a brown paper bag.  She tugged it free then opened it to find a navy blue velvet ring box.  She opened it before she gasped.
“Oh my,” she whispered.
Inside the box was an antique engagement ring.  It was at least one carat and the cut was princess she would have recognized it anywhere.  She was stunned.  Whose was it? Why was it in her room? Where was her ring?   She was afraid to think that Dean had planned to ask her to marry him on her birthday, but the thought came through clear along with the fear that he might not.  She tried it on and it fit perfectly.Maybe he took my other ring to size this one.
“No, I won’t get my hopes up, he could be holding it for Sam.”
She put the ring back before she got dressed. She was in a happy mood that day despite her uncertainty.  I will be okay if he doesn’t ask, we have not known each other that long.

    At breakfast, Ari let Paris know she had plans to go look at a horse afterward. She
invited her to go with her and Amber is she wanted.
“Sure, anything to get out of here for a while,” Paris said with a frown.
“Okay,” Ari replied already she regretted having asked her.
“Paris, you knew Sam’s job.  Just because they have a home base now does not mean they will spend much time here.  That is something they emphasized with me from the start.”
“And you are okay with that?  I mean you and Dean will rarely see one another at the rate they are going.”
“Yes, it’s what I signed on to do.  My nurses training will come in handy if they or the other hunters need medical attention.  I also have computer experience and am training to assist the hunters in research when they come thru.  I know why I am here.  The fact that Dean loves me as is an added extra.  Though really think I would have come either way.  I want to help them.”
“What an extra it is,” Paris said with a grin.
Ari got up to put her and Amber’s plate in the sink.
“Get dressed Munchkin so we can leave.”
“Okay Mommy.”
Paris met Ari at the sink.
“I don’t want to see Sam hurt.  He is a good man but if you cannot deal with this life, you need to leave him alone.”
Paris glared at her for a moment then her expression softened.
“You are right.  I am going to get dressed, just yell when you are ready.”
Ari nodded.

    Once Dean and the group were done with breakfast they went in search of a phone book to find the man in the wallet picture, James Weintraub.  The front desk was no help in that area so they were about to head to the diner when Jo had an idea.
“Hold on,” she said as she went back to the counter, while they went to the car.
“Um, James is a friend of my sister, I really need to find him.  His name does not sound familiar at all?”
The young man at the desk stared at her for a moment.  He had noticed her outside when the tall guy had come in.  She wore a tight pink t-shirt with her close fitting jeans.  He liked her fragile flower look, it turned him on.  Maybe he could get her phone number before she checked out of the hotel, though he knew it wasn’t allowed.
“He isn’t in trouble with the police, right?”
“Oh no,” Jo said with a bat of her eyelashes.  
“Well, last I heard he lived down the road a couple of miles
in a trailer park.  I think his number is either 213 or 203 right off the main road in to the park.”
“Thanks, Ted,” she said as she read his nametag.
“No problem,” he said with a grin that showed off his braces.
“See you later,” Jo added as she left feeling satisfied with her self.

    Dean was just about to honk when he saw Jo walking toward the car with a grin on her face.
“You got something?” Sam asked as she got in the back seat.
“Yep, our boy lives down the road in a trailer park.  
“Good going,” Chet said with a grin.
The worse thing that had ever happen to him had been the best.  At least he had a chance to learn from the professionals how to kill the things that go bump in the night.
“Okay, we are on it,” Dean said as he backed out of the drive with a slight frown marring his face.
“Can you say good job, Jo?”
Dean didn’t reply as she tapped him on the shoulder.
“I saw you working your assets, not sure if I should encourage that,” Dean teased.
“Oh and when did you become a prude?”
“Dean is right Jo, we know you can take care of yourself but watch it,” Sam added.
“That guy looked at you like he wanted to spread you on a piece of bread,” Dean insisted.
Jo blushed.  Maybe they were right, she didn’t want a repeat of her past to come back to haunt her.  She shrugged as she sat back in her seat.

    At the horse farm not far from the house, Ari, Amber and Paris looked at horses with the owner, Milton Adams.  He was a tall muscular blonde man that Paris openly admired.  Ari had cleared her throat more than once and poked Paris in the side. The woman was incorrigible, “Chill,” Ari whispered as Milton told Amber about the horse they were viewing.  It was a Chestnut colored Sorrel Gelding named Bailey and he seemed perfect for Amber.  “he sounds like what we are looking for,” Ari said with a smile at Milton.
Milton insisted the horse was great for beginners, friendly, liked attention, stands quietly to bathe, groom, shoe, tack up and mount he recited.  
“Yeah, Mommy I like hIM.  Can I have him for my birthday?” Amber asked with a grin as she looked up at her mother.
“Well hold on little one, lets see what else Mr. Adams has to show us.  
The looked at a few other horses: a couple of Palominos and a Buckskin, but neither caught their eye like Bailey.  Paris noticed the way the man looked at Ari before she frowned. Something about Ari irritated her.  Maybe it was the way she spoke with strangers as though she had known them all her life. I am jealous, I can admit that only to myself, Paris thought.  Of course, maybe Ari learned her skills in her hooker days which consoled Paris for a few moments.  Until she heard Milton ask Ari out.
    
    Once they were at the trailer park, Dean and Sam got out to go to the door.  The trailer was well taken care of so they instantly assumed there was a woman around somewhere.   They knocked on the door a couple of times before a brunette who held a small boy opened the door.
“Hi, we are looking for James,” Sam said in his non-threatening voice.
“Who are you?”
“We are detectives with the local police,” Dean said as he held up a fake badge.
“What has he done now?” the lady replied as the little boy sniffled against her shoulder.
“We just have a few questions for him, here is the number in case he shows up,” Sam said as he handed her a card with his cell number.
“I have not seen him in the last couple of days,  if you see him first, tell him he left us without food again,” she said before she closed the door in their faces.
“Typical,” Dean said as they went back to the car.
“He may be on the run if he knows what is happening to him.” Dean said as the got into the Impala.
“If not he is just a bum,” Sam said with a frown as they headed back to the hotel.
The hunters decided to wait until later in the day to go stake out the trailer park with hope that James would return before night.  Their time was short as far as the full moon was concerned they needed to find him fast.  So they decided to check out a few more local hang out type places in an attempt to find the man.  Sam thought it was possible the man had a job despite his lack of care for what they assumed was his small family.  

    Ari smiled at the invitation but informed Milton that she was seeing someone.
“No ring,” he teased her with a dimpled grin.
Ari bit her lip without realizing it, Paris rolled her eyes.
“None yet, but I have my hopes,” Ari teased back.
“Well if he doesn’t come through with that you know where I live,” he insisted as they followed him to view a horse for her.  
The next horse the looked at was a fifteen year old Roan Mare named Daisy.  Ari thought she was beautiful.  She was a chestnut color just like Bailey but she had two black feet and two white.  Something about the horse drew Ari, immediately. She hadn’t had one since she was a little girl.  She felt as giddy as Amber looked.  The little girls eyes were bright with excitement.
“I thought I might be browsing horses for a few days…but,” I really like the ones you have shown us.
“Yeah?” he said eagerly as he looked at Ari, obviously still quite smitten with her.
He touched her arm but Ari gently moved it away with a smile.  
“Absolutely, let me make a call to see how many I am going to buy first, okay,” she said as she walked toward the car with the cell in her hand.
Amber and Paris stayed behind to look at more horses.

    Dean’s cell rang as they were going into the Cici’s pizza place.  He put up his hand as he turned around to go back to the car leaving Sam to go inside with Jo.  Chet smiled at him as he leaned against the car.
“Hey, Ari, what’s up?”
She let him know her dilemma.  Should she get a horse for him and Sam or did they have any interest?
“Um, its up to you, I would love to ride though I doubt if we will have enough time to ride often,” he said hesitantly.
“That’s true, we can always take turns with the two I want to get for Amber and I,” she said as she bit her lip.
There really wasn’t enough room for more than a couple horses out back unless they bought more of the acreage.
“You there?”
“I just thought I would ask.”
“I appreciate that, miss me yet?” Dean asked with a  smile in his voice.
He believed she had begun to get used to having them in her life it made his heart soften a bit more.
“Of course I miss you, but I am, sorry to have bothered you,” she said with a heavy sigh.
“Never a bother, Sweetie,” Dean said as he went to the drivers side as  he saw Jo and Sam come back outside.
“Talk later,” she said.
“Okay, later,” he said before he hung up.

    Jo was all smiles when they got in the car.  She winked at Dean who only raised his eyebrow at her.  Okay I am trying to be nice here, he thought.
“They said that James works there but has not been in the last couple of days,” she said with a smile as though she had done a great thing.
“So basically we may have been the last ones to see any part of him, and that was his clothes,” Sam added.
Dean told them they needed to go back into the wooded area to see if there was somewhere that James could be hiding.  They drove around to the other side of the woods so that no one from the hotel could see them.  They all filed out then got their weapons as the scouted the area to make sure no one was around.  Jo and Sam went in one direction while Chet and Dean circled around the other side.  It was not quite dusk as they moved quickly hoping to avoid any more tragedy.  Chet kept up with Dean better than Dean had expected from the older man.  More and more the man reminded him of his father, he tried not to think of it.  He needed to focus.  

    They met up with Sam and Jo before James was found.  He was asleep in a tent in the furthest point of the woods.  Jo gasped. The man was naked and he looked as though he were injured.  Dean pulled out his gun.  Sam reached to stop his brother.
“Dude, we need to talk to him, we can’t just take him out.”
“We know he did it let’s be done with this,” Dean growled.
“Your brother is right,” Chet said as he frowned at the older brother.
Dean looked at Jo who only shook her head at him.
“We have only minutes until he comes around, what do you wise ones suggest?” Dean asked bitterly.
Suddenly there was a howling from the tent, they moved away from it as they watched, partially hidden behind a tree, the man change in front of their eyes.  He howled out in pain as he looked around with yellow eyes, it was obvious he was in anguish.  Dean couldn’t take it, as he was about to leap in their direction, Dean shot James in the heart, then stalked away.  The last sound he heard before he reached the Impala was the horrible howling of the dying wolf.  A solitary tear ran down his cheek.

TBC
Chapter 17 by EdenWrites
Author's Notes:
I love to use songs in stories but so far this story had not given me inspiration to add a song until now.  I used Alicia Keys song Falling at least parts of it.  I had a hard time letting Paris go, and I confess she may show up again, in the Hunters Stop Roadhouse series.
Back at the hotel Dean grabbed a beer from the refrigerator then sat down in front of the television to flip through the channels.  Chet went in to take a shower.  Sam and Jo went to her room.  Sam followed her into the room.  They were both a bit shocked. Sam knew he should have been used to the bloodshed and his brother’s way of hunting, but it still got to him.  It’s not as though Dean had done anything wrong but Sam realized his brother dealt with things differently then most.  Sam sat down before he began to flip the channels absentmindedly.  He hit him a moment later that he hadn’t seen Jo since they came in the room; he had been lost in thought.

Oh baby
I, I, I, I'm fallin'
I, I, I, I'm fallin'

    “Jo?” he said as he got up to see if she were okay.
He stood behind the bath door and could hear her, he opened the door to find her sitting on the toilet lid crying.  She looked up when she saw him.  Her eyes were full of tears and she looked vulnerable to him.  He could only stare as it hit him that he liked Jo, a lot.  He went toward her and she came into his arms.  He held her close as he whispered soft words into her hair.  Why hadn’t he seen it before?  He wasn’t sure why she was crying maybe it was frustration, stress or anger at Dean.  At that moment, he just wanted to hold her, to comfort her, to be near her.


Oh baby
I, I, I, I'm fallin'
I, I, I, I'm fallin'
I keep on
Fallin'


    She looked up at him to apologize but the words were still on her lips when Sam put his lips softly against hers.  He could taste the salt of her tears, but it didn’t matter to him, it was what he wanted.  To taste her.  Jo didn’t stop him but encouraged his exploration of her mouth as she pushed her hands around his neck as she stood on tiptoe.  She wrapped her legs around his waist after he picked her up a moment later.  They greedily devoured one another lips until the need to take a break overwhelmed them.  Sam took her to the bedroom and laid her on the bed.
“Jo tell me you don’t want Dean,” he said with pleading in his voice.
“I don’t want Dean, I want you,” she said to him.
Sam wanted to believe her and for that moment, he did.  

    She pulled his tee shirt, which was wet from her tears over his head as she, leaned back to survey his muscular chest.  She ran her hands over it touching scars as she went.  Sam watched in fascination at her naiveté.  
“You are a big guy,” she said as she bit her lip.
“I won’t hurt you,” he said as he leaned down to kiss her neck.
“I know,” she whispered in his ear.
She couldn’t get enough of the feel of his body against her hands, he was again lost in the taste of her tongue, but their bodies were on fire, aching for more stimulation.  

    Jo reached for Sam’s zipper but he stopped her so he could get his wallet out to place on the table.  Jo took that moment to strip off her pants and top.  She lay in only her underwear as he took out the necessary protection for them.  
“We don’t have to do this,” he said even as he lay beside her with hand cupping her head.
“I want to.”
He unclasped her bra so he could massage her breasts slowly; Jo ran her fingers through his hair while her heart raced.  What am I doing? What about Paris?  He looked into Jo’s eyes and saw someone he wanted to get to know better.  
“What’s wrong?” she asked a she sat up to pull off her under wear.  
Jo smiled at him.  He was a take-charge man after all.  He straddled her body but stayed on his hands and knees so as not to suffocate her with his weight.  He went back to teasing her breasts thought this time he used his tongue as she moaned in delight.  He trailed tiny kisses all the way down to her belly button where he licked and sucked then smiled.  She dared to reach up to touch his erection as it stood out from his body at attention.  It felt satiny smooth but firm, she looked at him to see his smile.  
“I think its going to stay an inny,” he commented about her navel.
Jo laughed before she moaned again as he used his tongue on her tender spot.  
“Sam, oh, that’s it,” she said as he smiled to himself.  
Jo was just on the edge of a most exquisite orgasm when he dipped inside her.  Her slick opening accommodated him easily though he had been afraid of being too large for her.  He bucked against her and she pushed back with a smile before her eyes closed and she raked her fingers over his back with the ecstasy.  They worked up a nice sweat as they rocked together Sam did not want her to ever forget their first night together.  Though he wasn’t being gentle for the fun of it, he enjoyed Jo more than he ever expected.  She was something of a wild cat with her desire for the hard and fast as well as her love of leaving marks on him.  Afterward, she surprised him again.
“I will understand if this was a one time thing,” she said as she leaned down to kiss him.
“I wouldn’t,” he replied as he pulled her head down to his to continue the kiss.

    Dean woke up early to go pick up the puppy they had chosen the day before.  He grinned when he saw that Sam wasn’t in the room.  Sammy, Sammy, Sammy, what have you gotten yourself into?  For a moment, he considered going to Jo’s room to knock on the door but decided against it.  He would harass Sam later.  Once he had Amber’s gift  in the kennel in the room, he met Chet at the diner, but there was still no sign of Jo or Sam.
“Are you sure they are together?” Chet asked as he drank his coffee.
Dean shrugged as he phoned Sam.
“Hey,” Dean said as his brother’s groggy voice.
“Yeah?”
“It’s morning, Romeo.”
“When are we leaving?”
“After breakfast and we are about to eat.  Hey you are with Jo, right?”
Sam hung up.  Dean laughed,  I thought so.

    Ten minutes later, Jo and Sam arrived at the diner with knowing smiles on their faces.  
“Morning,” Jo said to no one in particular.
Chet nodded at her as he ate.  
“You two ordering?” Dean asked.
“We can get something at a drive thru,” Jo said.
“Not happening in my car, order now or wait till we stop for a rest.”
Sam rolled his eyes, Dean and his car.


I keep on
Falling
In and out of love with you
I never loved someone
The way that I love you


    On the drive back, Jo and Sam were quiet. Too quiet for Dean he assumed they had slept together but neither of them behaved like it after they left the restaurant.
“So um, Jo, what are you plans?” Dean asked as he looked in the mirror at her.
“I think I am staying a while longer, Sam offered to let me hang out downstairs.”
Dean shook his head.
“Sam you are once again making decisions without consulting me or Ari,” Dean said angry all of a sudden.
“I didn’t think you would mind,” Sam replied almost to himself.
Dean took notice of the concerned look on Sam’s face and noted he looked a bit uncomfortable. Dean sighed, maybe they could discuss it all later.  Sam realized he had a lot of thinking to do before he spoke Paris and she wasn’t going to take his decision well at all.

***

    Ari knew when Dean came in the house she felt warm all over as she stretched in the chair. She didn’t know when it had begun but she could sense him at times.  What was happening to her?  How could they be so connected?  She had been reading earlier before she dozed off and dreamed of the yellow eyed demon.  He had come to here and shown her inside her mind what happened to Jessica and to Mary Winchester.  Afterward the demon insisted that the end of the other women would also be her fate.  The dream was strange and more horrifying then her nightmares of hellhounds.  She had been glad when she woke up to find she was in her room where she had fallen asleep waiting for Dean to come home. My baby to come home. She sighed as an uneasiness settled inside her.  She bit her lip as Dean walked in the room with a smile on his face.  His eyes lit up when he saw she was awake.  Should I tell him about the dream?
“Hey,” he said as he dropped his back before he came to kneel in front of her.
“Hey yourself, glad you made it back.”
“I wanted to be the first to wish you a happy thirtieth birthday,” he said before she leaned down to kiss his waiting lips.  
He pushed his hands through her hair, loving the feeling of it all over again.  At times it surprised him how much he missed her when he was away.  His was on autopilot; his tongue found her mouth sweet as he teased her tongue with his own.  However, her response was hesitant, something was wrong.

    Sam said good night to Jo in the kitchen, he hugged her and went to face Paris downstairs.  “Good luck,” Jo said.
Sam sighed as he say that Paris was sound asleep with a magazine beside her in the bed.  He moved the publication before undressing and getting into bed.  Paris moved a bit in her sleep as he lay down.  He waited, watched her a few minutes but she did not wake up.  He considered waking her but decided what he had to say needed to be said when she was awake. This could get nasty, though I never invited her to come long term.  I should have sent her home when she showed up.  She and I barely know one another.  What a mess.


I keep on falling
In and out of love
With you
Sometimes I love ya
Sometimes u make me blue
Sometimes I feel good
At times I feel used
Lovin you darlin'
Makes me so confused


     Ari leaned up with a hesitant smile.
“Ari?”
She swallowed.
“Sorry it’s just a weird angle my neck is a bit stiff from falling a sleep in this chair,” she said.
She stood up as held out his hand.   He pulled her into his arms with his hands around her waist.
“Tell me what’s wrong,” he whispered.
He was good at making her comfortable about telling him things.  She put her arms around his neck before she looked in his eyes.
“Just another dream, ….,” she said unconvincingly.
But he could see in her eyes that she was disturbed if not frightened.  He ran his fingers down her face before he tilted her chin up so he could kiss her again.  She moaned against his lips as she pushed her chest against his, she needed to feel safe again.  The longer she avoided the thought of the demon the more the fear moved in her chest.  He let the discussion go for the moment as he went to the other side of the bed then reached for the bottom drawer.  Ari held her breath, she needed to seem surprised.
“Hey what are you doing?” she asked as she sat on the edge of the bed.
“You will see,” he said with a smile in his voice.
She wet her lips.

    Paris watched Sam sleep, he had nodded off right after he got in bed.  She hadn’t been asleep just curious to see if he would wake her or not.  She had missed him but she acknowledged that Ari was right.  She was not what Sam needed.  As much as she cared about him, she could not be Ari and hang around waiting for her man.  It wasn’t in her to stay and wait.  She sighed as she put the note she had written him on the pillow.  She had thought she would say good-bye to him in the daylight but thought better of it.  She wiped a stray tear away as she headed for the door.  She would spend what was left of the night at a hotel.  She believed she might love Sam Winchester but decided the one thing she could do right in her life was to leave him alone to explore if in the distant future he may still have interest in her once the hunting was done, if that ever happened.  


Oh, oh , I never felt this way
How do you give me so much pleasure
And cause me so much pain
Just when I think
Ive taken more than would a fool
I start fallin' back in love with you

I keep on
Fallin'
In and out of love with you
I never loved someone
The way that I love you


“Well, I put Amber’s gift in her room and it may wake her up early so be prepared.”
He said with his back to her.
“You got her a new puppy?”
“Yep I hope she likes it.
Ari looked at him with a raised eyebrow.
“What?”
“What kind?” she asked with a smile.
“Golden ..um noodle”
She laughed, then smiled wide.
“What?”
“A Goldenpoodle, you mean a cross between a Golden Retriever and a Poodle?”
“Yes its, black and will get fairly large but they said it was easy to train.”
Ari smiled at him.  He was trying so hard to get Amber to like him.  Though she knew Amber already treated him as she would a father, her daughter liked him but was friendlier with Sam because he acted as a big brother toward her.

    “Ari, I don’t know when but sometime in the future I want us to be official,… you know married,” he said with his voice full of hope as she sat beside her.
“Was there a question in that?”
He smiled.
“Will you marry me?”
“I….Yes at some point I would love to,” she teased him as he put the ring on her finger.
“Thank you,” he whispered before she held up her hand to admire it.
“You don’t have to do this Dean, like I said before I am not going anywhere.”
“But it helps right?” he said with his head to the side.
“It sure doesn’t hurt, its beautiful.  But most importantly I love you for making my  birthday, Awesome.”
She decided to wait to tell him her dream, if ever.  She wasn’t going to run away from this man because of something he had no control over.  Dean did what he could to keep them safe and that was all she could ask for.  She smiled up at him as he pushed her to the bed.  

    Paris checked into the hotel with very little decorum, she wasn’t in the room before he tears hit her full force.  She had left her job to come stay with Sam, she must have been delirious.  As much as she felt she loved him she should have known it would not work.  After a few minutes she wiped her face and opened her pint of Ben & Jerry’s Cherry Garcia, that is how she moved on.  She had to make a new plan, she needed to move on from Sam Winchester despite the tears that filled her eyes all over again.


I keep on falling
In and out of love
With you
Sometimes I love ya
Sometimes u make me blue
Sometimes I feel good
At times I feel used
Lovin you darlin'
Makes me so confused

I keep on
Fallin'
In and out of love with you
I never loved someone
The way that I love you

TBC
Chapter 18 by EdenWrites

Jo and Sam 

 

Ari grinned up at Dean as he hesitated.
“It’s okay for me to make love,” she said as she pulled his head down to hers. 
He kissed her lips thoroughly before he moved to her neck.  Ari sighed as she closed her eyes.  Thirty years and I finally found someone, please God gives us many years together.  I know I don’t deserve it, but please.  Dean leaned up to look in her eyes to see tears there.
“What?”
“Nothing, just glad to have you here.  Get used to tears, it’s a woman’s right,” she teased him before he went back to sucking her neck. 
She made a conscious effort to give him pleasure after that instead of just enjoying what he gave.  She caressed his hair as she arched her back to get closer to him.  Her fingers followed the line of his spine as she traced it and the muscles in his back.  Meanwhile Dean worked magic on her collarbone before tantalizing her breasts with his tongue.  She moaned because the build up seemed too long when she was aching to have him inside her.  She squeezed his tight butt to give him a hint to move it along but he only smiled to himself.
“This could be called torture,” she said with a giggle.
“Sweet Torture, maybe?”
“Um, yes,” she said with a moan.
“Turn on your stomach,” he said a moment later. 

Ari did as she was told with a smile at him.  She lay flat with her butt up in the air as she turned her head to look at him with a raised eyebrow.  He easily slid inside her from behind with his hands on her firm rump.  He closed his eyes as he imagined the look on her sweet face.   Ari met him on each thrust, as she pushed against him, if it weren’t for the fact that they were not face to face this would be her favorite position.  It definitely got straight to the heart of the matter and her orgasm came fast.  Dean speeded up a bit before his release came a few minutes later.  He admitted to himself that as far as sex went he enjoyed it more with Ari because he had strong feelings for her.  Maybe its psychological?  He wondered for a second; physically it’s the same, so emotional attachment was what had been missing in his dealings with women.  Of course, that would have been the main reason to avoid relationships since he had no time for them.  It’s probably a fundamental fact, his geeky brother had known all along, he thought.  He moved from behind her to beside her again as he looked in her eyes.  She leaned up to kiss him with her hands on his face, she assumed he was tired and ready to sleep so she was quiet.
“Thank you again,” she whispered as she buried her head in his chest and yawned. 
“My pleasure,” he said as he ran his hands over her hair.

    Sam tossed and turned after Paris left though he had no idea she was gone until the next morning when he found the note.

Dear Sam,
I think I love you but I do not think I can be what you need so I am leaving before both of us get hurt.  I will call to let you know I made it back safely.  Take care.
Love,
Paris

 
Sam frowned  as he laid the note on the nightstand.  He lay back in bed with his hands behind his head.  He figured if she had her mind made up then he would not try to change it especially since he knew he had feeling for Jo.  But what about Jo?  He slept with her because he felt a strong attraction and because he was weak in that area all of a sudden.  My subconscious must have known Paris was all wrong for me, he reasoned aloud to himself.  He wished that he had known the end from the beginning as he sighed, but that would make me God.

    There was a light tap, tap, tap on the door early that next morning.  Dean rubbed his eyes as he looked at the clock.  Seven o’clock, he groaned.
“Come in Amber,” he said after he gently shook Ari awake.  Ari looked at him with one eye opened then quirked her eyebrow.
 “Hey Sweetie,” Ari said as she sat up to greet her daughter.
Amber stood at he door with her new puppy under her arm, she was all grins.
“Thank you, Dean,” she said with appreciation.
“Well bring him here he said as she came in the room to hand the puppy to Ari.
Ari cuddled it as she put the little one in her arms.
“So what are you naming it?” Ari asked.
“Um, I think Midnight or Blackie.”
“I have an idea,” Dean said.
“What?”
“How about name it Sammy, since it has long legs like Sam.”
Amber laughed. 
Ari shook her head, Sam was going to freak.
“I’ll think about it,” she said like a big girl, before she took her puppy and left the room.

    Though they were awake, they did not want to get up.  Ari leaned her head against Dean’s shoulder.
“Do you ever think of me as a hooker?” she asked into the silence.
“No.” he said as he held her against him.
“I would understand if you do, maybe its only natural.”
“Ari if I thought of you that way I would not want to be with you.”
“Why?”
“Because I am a man, and men are selfish bastards.”
“You mean the thought of me with other men would be too much.”
“Exactly.”
“Oh.”
Dean looked down at her, he had not taken the time to picture her in her old life because they had fallen hard for one another.  He did not want to start doing it now either.  He kissed her nose.
“Maybe we should go join the others,” Dean suggested effectively ending the conversation. 
Ari watched him from the bed as he headed to the shower.
“You coming?” he asked before she followed him in the bathroom.

    They were under the water with his arms tightly around her before she spoke again.
“The other dream I had ….your mother was in it.”
“What? What did she say?” he asked.
Ari hesitated as he rubbed the conditioner through her hair.
“Um, she said you needed me.”
Dean smiled at her.
“But in the previous dream I was threatened by the yellow eyed demon.”
Dean swallowed as he held her again him as he finished rinsing her hair.
“But you want to be with me despite that?”
“Yes.”
“I know dreams are symbolic, but Ari I do need you.”
Ari smiled as she pushed him against the shower wall.

    Jo was in the kitchen at the table eating a muffin when Amber came in the room.
“Oh, how do you like your gift?”
“I love it, but what should I name it?  I think it’s a boy.”
Jo smiled.
“Yep. it’s a boy.  Maybe name it Sammy.”
Amber screwed her face up into a frown.
“That is what Dean said.”
“Oh.”
They both turned around when Sam walked in.
“What?”
“Can I name the puppy, Sammy?” Amber asked as she stood in front of the giant who was Sam.
He smiled at her as he picked her and the dog up.
“I would be honored if you named it Sammy, but he needs to have something to go with it since you call me Sammy too.”
“Okay,” she said after he put her down again.
She bit her lip as she sat down with the puppy in her lap to think.

    Chet came in while they sat around the table. 
“Morning.”
“Hey Chet,” Sam said as he got up to get a cereal bowl.
“Morning, Chet,” Jo said.
“Morning,” Dean said as he and Ari came in the kitchen together. 
Ari’s face was aglow and Dean was all smiles.  Jo surprised herself by asking a question without considering the implications first.
“Are you pregnant?” she asked as she looked questioningly at Ari.
Ari smiled.
“No, I am not.” Was her reply.
Dean was quiet as he retrieved two bowls from the cabinet.  Sam decided to make his announcement.
“Paris left last night to go back to Michigan.  It didn’t work out for us,” he said as he ate.
“I’m sorry to hear that, I mean if you are unhappy about it,” Ari said cautiously.
Everyone else said nothing.
“I think it was best for her to go back.  I mean I am going to be working anyway.”
That was the end of the subject.  Jo watched Sam from across the table though she pretended not to.   Dean had told Ari about Jo and Sam so she was far from surprised.  She believed Jo had some good qualities and some bad just like the rest of the human race.

    Sam was the one who noticed the ring on Ari’s finger.  She caught his eye and smiled.  He wasn’t sure if he should say anything or not so, he kept quiet.  Jo saw where he was looking and her eyes became round as saucers.
“So you are engaged?”
“Yes,” Dean said with a smile at Ari.
“Congratulations,” Chet said and Sam echoed his sentiments.
Jo seemed to be in shock.
“You okay?” Ari asked.
“Oh yeah, congratulations that’s nice,” she managed to say with what seemed like a smile. 
“Thank you,” Ari said as she continued to eat. 
Dean didn’t look up he only smiled as he continued to eat. 

    Later after she spent time outside with Sam and Amber, Jo came back inside to find Dean alone in the study.  She tapped on the door after she made certain no one else was around.
“Can I come in for a second?”
“Sure what’s up?” he asked as he put done the sheet he had been reading. 
“Um, you don’ t know Ari very well and you asked her to marry you just like that.  I mean I didn’t think you were the commitment type now you are engaged.  Is she pressuring you?...”
Dean interrupted her.
“First, I do not need you in my business.  Second, I am a grown man and didn’t ask your advice.  Third, get the hell out of here before I say something I will regret,” he said before going back to the research he had been working on. 
Jo swallowed hard before she got up from the chair were she had sat down only a moment before.
“I’m sorry Dean, I just don’t think she is who she claims to be.”
Dean did not dignify the comment with a reply or even a glance at Jo as she left the room.  He shook his head after she was gone, he had no doubts about Ari, plain and simple.

    Sam saw Jo as she came from the study, he could tell she was upset.
“Hey what’s going on?”
She tried to smile as she faced him.
“Nothing just a chat with Dean, you know how those can go,” she said.
“Yeah, hey let me take you and Amber out to lunch.”
Sam gave her a quick hug before she went to get her purse and shoes. 
“Hey Dean, Jo and I are taking Amber to eat do you want to go?” Sam asked as she put his head in the door. 
“No, have fun we will do the cake thing later tonight,” Dean said without looking up.
He had finally been able to trace the dead realtor in Chicago back to the town where they had met Ari.  He was glad to put that mystery to rest.  No more hellhounds. Since he had helped Ari with the journal entries that she had entered in the computer, he had begun to do research more often.  Though Sam was still the go to guy for anything that was needed on the spot, Dean had begun to catch up with his geeky brother. 

    Ari waved at Amber as they left for lunch, Sam had already asked her permission to take Amber. Ari grinned to herself, she though Sam and Jo looked good together despite her personal feelings for the girl.  She hoped that Jo truly liked Sam and did not have ulterior motives.  She bit her lip as she rinsed the cups in the sink before she went back upstairs.  She had done more cleaning as well as adding software to the desktop computer in the study, putting more books on the shelves, filling the kitchen cabinets with dishes, and little maintenance things like vacuuming.
 
    Upstairs she washed her hands and repaired the little make up she wore before she went to see Dean.  She found him with his feet up on the desk as he leaned back in the chair with his eyes closed.  She smiled to herself as she tiptoed into the room before she sat in front of him across the desk from him.  He must have dozed off because she was there a full five minutes before he opened his eyes.  When he did, she grinned at him.
“Hey sleepyhead?” she teased him.
He motioned for her to come around to sit in his lap.  She smiled as she put her arms around his neck.  He pushed his hands up her tee shirt to rub her stomach as he kissed her.  Neither of them heard Chet as he cleared his throat the first time.  He cleared it a second time before he got their attention.
“Sorry to interrupt, Sam is on the landline for you, Dean.”
“Thanks,” Dean said as he picked up the phone.
“Hey Sammy…,” he began.
“Dean is Ari with you?”
“Yeah, what’s going on?”
“We are at the hospital, Amber had to have her stomach pumped.”
“What?”
“She will be alright but you two should come, okay.”
“What happened?”
“She had a reaction to something she ate, Dean just come.”
“Okay we are on the way.”
Sam didn’t tell Dean Amber had also had a reaction to the painkiller.  He just needed them to get to the hospital so the doctors could talk to them. 

    When they arrived at the hospital, the spoke with the attending physician before they went into to see Amber who was awake.  She looked weak but she smiled when she saw Dean and her mother.
“Hey munchkin,” Dean said as he smiled at the little girl.
Her hair was wild on the pillows and she looked beautiful like her mother.
“You okay?’ Ari asked as she sat in the bedside chair.
Amber nodded.
“I itch Mommy.”
“Yeah, they will put something on you to make it better.”
Dean looked at Ari with a question in his eyes.
“She is allergic to some pain killers, a good thing this one only gave her a rash.”
“Oh okay, we should get her an alert tag with that on it,” Dean said.
“A good idea.”
“Sammy was sad,” Amber said with a worried expression on her face.
“He is fine now that you are okay.”
“Can I go home?”
“No, but we are staying here with you tonight okay.”

    Dean went out in the hall to talk to Sam and Jo.
“What happened?”
“We were laughing and talking and I noticed she looked a bit sick.  I had no idea she food allergies.  No one said anything.  We called nine one one then the ambulance brought her here.  The paramedic could tell right away it was something she ate that made her sick.”
Dean shook his head as an indication for Sam to continue, but Jo took over.
“No one thought to tell us she had allergies,” Jo said incredulous.
“Oh,……. I think Ari thought Sam knew because I knew,”  Dean said with a sheepish look on his face.
“You never mentioned it to either of us.”
“You are right I’m sorry I should have said something since you spend so much time with her.   It is my fault…..Well what a wonderful birthday for a four year old huh?” Dean added sarcastically.
“Yeah, we need to make this up to her,” Sam said.
Sam remembered he hadn’t given Amber her gift yet as he went out to the Impala to get it out of the trunk. 

    He went into Amber’s room where Ari spoke quietly with her daughter.  Amber looked up with a smile for a friend.
“Hey Sammy, sorry for getting sick,” she said softly.
“It wasn’t your fault.  I have you gift here you want to unwrap it?”
She nodded as she bit her lip and took it from him.
“Thank you,” she said before she opened the pink wrapped box.
She shook it first with a grin on her face; Sam laughed.  Dean and Jo stood in the door as the watched the scene unfold before them.
“I do not want you to bad mouth Ari again, Jo.  What you said earlier was uncalled for and unappreciated,” Dean said out of the side of his mouth.
Jo was quiet, yeah its not like she was a hooker.

  Amber laughed aloud as she saw her little pink laptop with a Barbie label on it.  It was an educational toy but Sam knew she loved Barbie and enjoyed watching him on his computer. 
“Thanks Sammy and I want to name the puppy Sammy Doo kind of like Scooby Doo,” Amber said with a laugh.
Sam smile at her as he ruffled her hair.
“Sounds good, Amber I will see you later, okay.”


TBC
 

Chapter 19 by EdenWrites
A couple days after they had returned from the trip to the Upper Peninsula, UP, Dean was in the basement making repairs on a couple of items as well as painting, when he heard a car outside.  Sam, Ari, Amber and Jo had all gone shopping while Chet had gone to Milwaukee for the night to meet up with a woman friend he knew in the area.  Dean looked out the window to see a Silver SUV drive up and a tall blonde man get out.  He put the hammer down before he went up to see who the stranger could be.  

    They arrived at the back door at the same time.  Dean did not immediately address the man but waited to see what he had to say as he stood at his full height.   He left no doubt that he was the owner of the house, even though it was in name only.  
“Hi, I’m Milton Adams, I am looking for Arianna,” the man said.
“My fiancée isn’t here; can I help you with something?” Dean asked not giving away his uncomfortable feeling at having this tall blonde man ask for Ari.
“Oh, okay. I sold her the horses I just wanted to make sure they were doing well.  Do you mind if I take a peek while I am here?”
Dean shrugged.  
“Hold on I’ll go with you,” he said as went to the kitchen up to wash his hands before he followed Milton to the stable in the back.
As they walked, Milton felt the need to talk, he had been attracted to Ari but if Dean had gone that extra step to ask her to marry him then he would be gracious.  Though Milton believed Ari needed a more civilized man.  She was an elegant lady who needed someone like him who was cultured and did business deals and owned acres of land.  He decided if he played his cards right he could possibly end up with Ari at some point.  He would think about a plan to do that later.  
“Well congratulations are in order, that’s good.  I know she had hoped for you to ask her,” he said to the man beside him though is heart was not in it.  
“Yeah things are good,” Dean said a bit unenthusiastically.  
Ari spoke to this stranger about me?  Dean wondered what else she had told the guy.  He was not happy to hear this new revelation.  His lips were suddenly dry as they approached the horses in their stalls.  
“Do they get much exercise? I mean it’s the middle of the day and they are inside,” Milton said in an accusing tone.
“They get plenty they were out earlier before Ari and the rest left.  I do not think its your business now that we own the horses,” Dean insisted with a frown.
“You know you are right, I came to see Ari but since you have staked your claim I thought I would have a look see.”
“Staked my claim?  She is not like one of these horses.  You actually think of women in those terms?”
Milton smiled, “I guess I do.  Tell her I came by will you?” he said as he strode back toward his vehicle.
Dean shook his head as the man walked away.  The nerve.

    When Ari returned she and Amber were both in a great mood.
“Hi Dean,” Amber said as she took her bags to her room.
“Hey Munchkin, you and your mother leave any thing at the store for the rest of the people?” he asked the little girl with a grin as she went to her room.
“Of course, silly,” she said before she shut her door.
“Hey,” Ari said as she put her arms around him from behind.
Dean stiffened at her touch and she noticed but did not say anything.
“Hey, yourself,” he said as he turned in her embrace.”
She could tell something was wrong the way he avoided her gaze.  Sam and Jo walked through the kitchen before Ari could address the issue.
“Hey Dean, did you get everything done?” Sam asked as Jo kept walking.
“Um, well not everything but I put a dent in it.   I had a visitor and I kind of lost the mood after he left,” Dean said as he disentangled himself from Ari as he left the room.
Sam shrugged, “A visitor?”
Ari frowned as she followed Dean into the study.

    “What the hell is going on?” she asked as he sat at the desk with his feet up.
“You tell me.”
“Dean, no you are the one with the attitude all of a sudden, when I Ieft here everything was fine,” she said as she took the seat in front of the desk.
Dean didn’t know what to say his mind was muddled.  Why had she pretended she didn’t want to be engaged when she told a stranger she did want it?  He could only look at her, though he knew she was right they were great this morning, more than great.  But how did he explain without feeling like a chick?  
“It was Milton, that came by to see you.”
“Why?  I told him I would not go out with him.  Our business is done,” she said with sincerity.
“He asked you out?”
She bit her lip, “I thought I told you, yes he did but I said no.  I said I was with someone that I was in love already.”
“You did?”
“Yes.  Don’t tell me that you are acting weird because you ….are jealous?”
She didn’t wait for an answer, she just moved his legs down so she could sit in his lap.
 
    “You told him you wanted me to marry you?”
“Um, Dean, I saw the ring while you were gone.  I was looking for the ring I usually wear when I found it…  I had mixed feelings when I saw it. ”
“But…you said,”  he started.
“I said you did not have to ask me to marry you, that is still true.  You can take the ring back anytime you want, but it won’t stop me from loving you.”
He kissed her but all he really wanted to do was hold her and appreciate her words, though he still did not feel deserving.  Milton had money, land and property despite his horrible attitude toward women.  Didn’t women want stuff?  Stuff he could never give Ari.
He pushed her away after a minute.
“This is wrong.”
“What?”
“Us, a guy like Milton has everything that you could want.  I have nothing.”
Ari stopped him from getting up as she looked in his eyes, his eyes that refused to look in hers.

    “Do you want me?” she asked.
“Yeah but you deserve more, I shouldn’t have asked you to marry me.  I can’t do that to you.”
“Dean, don’t I get a choice at who I want?”
He finally looked in her eyes again.  She put her arms around his neck.
“The answer is we both get to choose.  You asked me to marry you and I said yes.”
“So its settled?” he asked as he ran his hands through her hair.
He didn’t think he could ever be good enough to deserve her devotion but he promised himself to make her happy as he had in his power to do.  

    Amber came in the room while they kissed.  Ari hesitated because she did not want to let go of Dean.  They pulled their lips away from one another.
“Mommy, I can’t find Sam.”
“That’s okay, Munchkin, we will go out with you.  Go get you shoes on, okay.”
While Amber got her shoes on, Dean pulled Ari to him for another kiss.  She smiled against his lips while he still held her in his strong arms.
”Why would you ever think I would want anyone else?” she asked as she gazed into his eyes.
“It was a lapse, okay.”
She got up to pull him to his feet.  
Well get it out of your head, you are stuck with me.”

    Dean saw the door to Sam’s room shut and assumed that Jo was in with him.  Amber came into the hallway to meet them to go outside.
“Where is Sammy?”
“Not sure, we can find him when we get back,” Ari said.
“I think he is in his room kissing Jo,” Amber said as the walked out the back door.
Dean hid a smile.
“Now why would you think that?” Ari asked.
“I saw them kissing earlier,” the little girl said before she ran ahead of them before the puppy barked and began to follow her toward the barn.  
“Who knows,” Dean said as he took Ari’s hand.

    Sam rubbed his eyes as he woke up.  He didn’t remember lying down, why am I so tired.  The last thing he remembered was Jo telling him she was going to do some research.  He sat on the edge of the bed and realized it seemed quiet in the house.  He stretched as he went to stand in the hall.  The house was silent. Where was everyone?
He went to the kitchen window and saw his brother with Ari  and Amber going toward the barn on the horses with Sammy Doo barking behind them.  He smiled to himself.  Okay, so where is Jo?  

    Downstairs he found Jo in the living room on her laptop.  
“Hey sleepy head how was your nap?”
“Good I guess I do not know why I was so sleepy.”
“Maybe because we were up so late last night.  Aww it was not memorable all the sex we had?” Jo teased him.
He smiled as he began to remember.
{Flashback-night before}
He had begun to have second thoughts about sleeping with Jo partially because his emotions were not stable.  He had cared for Paris and the thing with Jo seemed too rushed.  He had gone in his room to find Jo naked on the bed.  He closed the door but could not take his eyes off of her.  She had her eyes closed and her hand between her legs.  She was lost in her on world.  He was turned on by the sight of her stroking herself.  He undressed quietly while he continued to observe her she seemed to be on the edge of an orgasm as she bucked her hips against her hand.  He was mentally torn as he put his hand around his aching erection.  Before he considered the consequences he was on the bed with her.  She opened her eyes and smiled.  
“I thought you would talk yourself out of joining me,” she said with a grin.
She reached for a condom that she had by the bed so she could put it on him before she straddled him and he slid inside her all at once.  
“That is so much better,” she said.
“Jo, I.”
“Don’t say anything, work with me here okay.”
Sam gave into the pleasure though admittedly his heart was not in it. She felt so tight and good around him.  He felt a bit guilty when they were done.  He believed he had been irresponsible, he mind was not clear any longer.  He even considered a talk with his brother was in order.
{End Flashback}
Jo had no idea about Sam’s state of mind.  He only smiled when she spoke of them having sex the night before.  He really needed advice. Sex and relationships were serious to him.  He was uncomfortable making intercourse a regular occurrence with just anyone even Jo despite the fact that he liked her and was a bit attracted to her.  
“Hey I will see you in a bit,” he said as he practically ran back upstairs.

    He saw Dean at the kitchen table when he got upstairs.
“Hey um you got a minute?” he asked his big brother.
“Sure, step into my office,” Dean said as Sam followed him down the hall.
He could hear Amber as she spoke with her mother in the little girls room.
“Mommy, Sammy said he would read to me tonight, is that okay?”
“Sure Honey, but if he changes his mind you know I will.”
“Okay,” he heard Amber say as he shut the door.

    “Hey what’s up Bro, you seem down.”
“Dean, I have to say I never thought I would need sex advice from you, but….”
“Really you never thunk it huh?”
“No, I have always had my standards my way of dealing with women that rarely had anything to do with sex.”
“Hum, and now you are horny all the time?”
“Yeah, something like that.  It’s not right though man.  It’s not me.  I cared about Paris when we were first together.  Then that changed a bit when Jo showed up.  But Jo she is just so young I mean she is willing, though I think she is still crazy for you…but its not right.  It seems very wrong.”
Dean put his feet up on the desk as he contemplated the situation.
“I agree with you if you do want to be with Jo, you should maybe back up and do it right.”
“What?”
“You heard me, tell her its going to be about a relationship or nothing.”
“Christo,” Sam said almost under his breath.
“I heard that, Sammy.  It’s me,” Dean smiled.
“Really, I mean you agree that its all wrong?”
“Yep.”
“Why?”
“It’s not you, Sam. You have never let your passions run wild this way.  It’s weird to me to be honest.”
“Yeah it has been strange.  I got to admit it though I don’t hate sex that is certain.  But, I could never be like you were before you met Ari.”
 .”
“Oh, I know Sammy.”
“It’s Sam.”

    Chet came back the next day in a great mood.  Dean smiled Chet seemed to be a bit more happy after his booty call the night before.
“Hey Chet, how is it going?”
“Great, a beautiful day.”
“Yes it is.”
“Well we got a call late last night from Ellen.  Looks like we are getting a new boarder temporarily. “
“Have you two heard of him before?” Chet asked.
“No we thought you might know her.  Wynell Harris?”
“Oh, yeah, we um dated for a bit.  She is a good egg,” Chet said as his smile fell.
Dean could tell hearing the lady’s name had made Chet unhappy but there was nothing they could do about that.  But the lady was only passing through on her way up North.  How much drama could come of a couple days stay involve, right?


TBC
Chapter 20 by EdenWrites
Author's Notes:
This is the last chapter in the first story of the Roadhouse Series.  Since I decided on the series I did not want to have too many more boarders etc… in this first story.  The idea of story was to show how a roadhouse idea could come about.  Not that I had originally planned a series.  LOL.  Well I hope you have enjoyed Ari and Dean enough to keep reading when Story Two comes around.  Thanks to those that have been reading, lurkers included.  

dean and ari

Thanks to Eboni Orchid for the Dean part of this banner. 

--

 Wynell followed Sam from Milwaukee where he had gone to meet her.  She was a middle-aged woman, average height, with bright red hair and blue eyes.  There was nothing outstanding about her features except she had the look of someone who led a hard life.  There was a scar along her cheekbone, a tattoo on each arm, and she had a heavy smoker’s voice.  Unless you spoke with her, you would not have been aware of her pleasant disposition.  She was friendly and loved to talk.  Sam thought perhaps that she talked too much for her profession.  He had only smiled when she introduced herself but two minutes later, he already knew her life story.  She was divorced, had a twenty five year old no-good son, a two-year old grandson and preferred menthols.  Sam had insisted they needed to get started back before it got dark so she could keep up with him on the road.  He rolled his eyes as he got in the Impala to head home.

    Back at the house, Dean had given Chet the warning that his ex was on the way.  Chet seemed calm to Dean who didn’t want to get into the older man’s business but was curious about the relationship between Chet and Wynell. Since Chet was not forthcoming with any additional insight, Dean went back upstairs.  Ari was with Amber in her room braiding her hair so she could go to bed.  Jo was in the den watching television.  Dean stood by the door as he peeked in the room to remind Jo that he wanted to watch the news at ten o’clock.
“Sure, my show will be over by then,” she said without a look in his direction.
“Okay,” he replied before she stopped him.
“Dean, I’m sorry about what I said about Ari.  You are right I have no business messing around in your affairs.’
“Exactly,” he said as he walked away with no intention of discussing the matter further with her.
Jo shrugged as he left; they were back where they had begun.  How could she have been so stupid?  Before the stupid comment, he had been almost nice to her even concerned with her well-being.  She determined she would find a way to make it up to him.

    Sam got out of the car and Wynell followed as he unlocked the back door to the downstairs.  He showed her where everything was kept in the kitchen, then gave her a tour of her bedrooms options, and explained about the internet connections.
“Any questions just call us upstairs or come up.  We usually have breakfast before nine in the morning if you want to join us.  If not well, the kitchen is stocked.”
She turned to him with a smile as she dropped her bag on the floor.   For a second he thought she might hug him.  She only touched his shoulder in a gesture of gratitude.
“Thank you Sam, I really think I will like it here.  So much so, I may not want to leave.  I also plan to leave a donation, don’t worry about that.” she said.
“We will not turn down a donation but it is not a requirement,”he said.
Sam smiled but inside he made a mental reminder to talk to the rest about time limits for their boarders.  Being set up like a Bed & Breakfast could cause problems.  At least at Harrell’s they did not have beds or many amenities so that once you had a drink and conversation you moved on.

    Chet had been quiet as Sam showed Wynell around and though he wasn’t exactly hiding he had stayed in his room with the door shut.  Unfortunately, the urge to go to the restroom came on strong once Sam had gone back upstairs.  He took a deep breath as he left the safety of his room.  He pulled the door shut quietly but when he turned her ran smack into Wynell.
“Chet?”
“Hi,” he said as his cheeks burned with embarrassment.

    Sam found Dean in the study on the internet.  His brother looked almost scholarly as he furrowed his brow while he scanned the pages in front of him.  Sam tried not to laugh.
“Hey, I made it back,” he said as he had a seat across from Dean.
“Good to know,” Dean said without a glance in his brother’s direction.
“What has your rapt attention?” Sam asked as he got up to see what Dean was reading.
“You ever wonder how Ellen’s husband was a hunter and had a family.  I mean we have not people like that.  Hunting is hard work, we are on the road all the time, things are bound to happen to take your attention away from those left behind.”
“Dean don’t,” Sam said because he had an idea about where his brother head was on the matter.
“Listen, looks like Ellen’s husband had a few affairs and Dad knew about them.”
Sam shook his head.
“That was in Dad’s journal?”
“Surprising huh?”

    Wynell was shocked to see her former lover.
“Hey Chet, this is a surprise.  How did you find out about this place?” she said with a grin as Chet tried to pull himself together.
He and Wynell had been hot and heavy for several months before she caught him in the sack with another woman.  That was over ten years ago.  They had not laid eyes on one another since.
“Um, I spoke with Ellen and she told me about it.  You know the Winchesters are known in our business,” he said as he tried a smile.
Wynell dropped her smile.
“Yeah, well I am glad they set up shop where they did. I am getting tired of motels, I needed a break before I head North up to Bayfield.”
“What’s going on up there?”      
“Actually I am going to see a Shaman on Madeline Island.  I’m taking a break for a bit from hunting unless I run into a hunt while I am there.”
“Sounds like an interesting trip.”
“Well, I would ask you to tag along but I am sure you have plans.”
“Wy, about before I am sorry.”
“Sorry you got caught with your pants down or before you were done with your business?” she said as she walked away from him to go into the bedroom she had chosen.
“Touché,” Chet said aloud as he finally went to relieve himself.

    “So those notes where in Dad’s journal?”
“Yep, I noticed there was a mix of personal notes among the other stuff,” Dean said as he pursed his lips.
“Wow, well no use in telling Ellen now since her husband is dead.”
“No, I just wonder if I will do any better than he did on the road.”
“You can do it if you really want to.  I mean this is the first time in our lives that we have a home to come back to.  Dean, you will have someone waiting for you who loves you.  It may take maturity to make that work for you.”
“You have a doubt that I am a grown up, Sammy?”
“Hey you are the one questioning if you can do it, I think you have potential.  But, Dean it won’t be easy.  I think you will be tempted to slip into old habits, man.”
Dean sighed.  He had thought the same thing when they bought the house.  It wasn’t that he hadn’t looked at women since he had met Ari.  He just hadn’t felt the need to pursue them.  Part of him wondered if he were the kind of man that could be faithful to one woman, the other part of him was awed that Ari loved him at all.  Still another part of him wanted very much to be the man that was satisfied with the one woman he had allowed to get truly close to him.  When he was at home now days he was content, he didn’t mind that there was a little kid in the house or that he had only slept with one woman in the last couple of months.  He actually liked it but that frightened him.  He had asked Ari to marry him because he wanted to change. To be a man that was willing to love not someone who avoided intimacy.  When Ari was near him he didn’t have doubts about his desire to be with her, she allowed him to be the man he wanted to be, not the man he had become over the years.  He believed it was because she accepted him as he was; faults and all.  He knew Sam had gotten comfortable once with a woman then she had been killed.  He tried not to consider that angle because Ari was aware of that danger as well as equipped to handle the Demon if he came along.  

    Jo stepped into the study after she tapped on the open door.
“Hey guys, the news is on,” she said with a smile at Sam.
Dean and Sam looked at one another.  Had she heard their conversation?
“Thanks,” Dean said as he got up.
Sam followed Jo out of the room before Ari came to the door. She smiled at Dean as he came toward her.  He took her hand to lead her back into the hall so they could watch the news together.  So many habits they had acquired in the few weeks that had been together were domestic.  Sam smiled to himself when he looked over to see Ari and Dean on the loveseat.  He shook his head, it constantly surprised him to see Dean in there new environment.  He did believe his older brother had the potential to be good for Ari and Amber.  He prayed that Dean would give it a real shot.  

    After Ari and Dean went off to bed, Sam decided he needed to have a talk with Jo.  He cut off the television before he sat across from her in the chair while she had her feet up on the sofa.
“What’s up Sam?”
“Jo, I think we should take it slow.”
“Take what slow?” she asked as she raised an eyebrow at him.
“This thing that is going on with us, I..,” he began.
“The thing?  You mean the sex?” Jo asked.
“I, uh, thought we had more than sex, Jo.”
“Oh, I mean I like you but I thought we were sleeping together because it felt good.”
Sam frowned.  He had not been with many women in his life but he was surprised to hear that Jo was just enjoying their time together with no thoughts of a relationship. He felt like a girl.  How could he have misread the situation so badly?  Jo smirked.

    Ari serviced Dean that night.  She had her mouth around his erection as she stroked, sucked and licked it.  Dean made appreciative sounds as he encouraged her until he came in her mouth.  She swallowed with a smile as he grinned at her.
“You don’t have to do that,” he said as he pushed her on her back.
“Why wouldn’t I?” she said before he kissed her.  
He leaned up after a few minutes he was distracted despite the fact that he had enjoyed her efforts to please him.
“Looks like we found evidence that Jo’s father cheated on Ellen,” he said.
As he returned to his melancholy mood.  Can I avoid cheating too?
“Oh, really.”
She raked her hands through his hair as she looked in his sad eyes.
“It seems to concern you, why?  I mean the man is dead right?”
“Yeah, he is.  He was killed because of Dad’s negligence.”
“From what I have heard I am sure your Dad did what he could.”
“Dad could be determined when he wanted something done and damn anyone or anything that got in his way.”
Ari waited to hear the rest of the story or the real reason why he seemed down but it did not come.  

    He touched her face as he traced the lines of her cheek.  He licked his lips as he could see the concern on his face.  After a moment he leaned down to kiss his neck, he peppered kisses over her until he reached her firm breasts.  He took her flesh in his hands while he leaned down to engulf take the nipple in his mouth.  Her hands went back into his hair as she arched her back.  He nipped at her warm flesh as his arousal came back to life.  
“Dean,” she murmured though it came out like purr.
When he finished with the other nipple he straddled her hips with a smile on his face. His kissing continued as he moved down her body over her belly button until he was between her legs.  He tickled her bush with his nose as he took in her smell.  He let his tongue roam around her nether lips.  It hit him that he could smell his odor on her.  A sweet mix of them both accosted his senses.  He fingered her with two then three fingers and back again.  She wriggled under his ministrations as he watched her expressions though her eyes were closed.  Her heart raced as she moaned in appreciation while she pushed against his hand before he rose up to go inside her.  He went in slow the first time as he leaned down to go back to kissing her while she encouraged him to go faster, deeper and harder.  He smirked at her as he complied with her wishes.   He was more than willing as she panted with him as they stayed in rhythm.  She raised one leg up on his shoulder to use as advantage to move freely against him.  He put the other leg up so he could retain control of her pleasure.  She bit her lip as he held her legs up as he went in and out of her.  She came hard as she trembled as the ripples of pleasure over took her.  Dean was next as he exploded inside her with a smile on his face as he looked into her eyes.  His heart was full of love and he was temporarily satiated.  That was the first time in a long night of intense lovemaking.

    Downstairs Chet laid in his bed as she thought of Wynell.  Years ago, their relationship had been hot and heavy.  They had both been in their early thirties and newly single again.  Visions of them in bed together roamed through his mind as his hand settled on his erection.  He grabbed it tightly as Wynell’s image evoked desire all through his body.  It wasn’t that he loved her but their time together had been the best sex in his life.  He was in his own world when the door opened and the object of his desire walked in the room with only a smile on.   
“I might forgive you if you let me in the bed,” she said.
Chet moved over so she could slide in beside him but he was speechless.  She laughed.
“I won’t bite you, unless you want me to,” she said with a grin.

    Jo gave Sam his room back so she made her way downstairs after she had watched a movie with him.  He let her know there was only one room available besides the study but she decided it was best for her to be in the other part of the building since he wouldn’t be tempted to get in the bed with him.  Sam frowned.  He still didn’t find it funny they she could be so nonchalant about sex.
 
    Once she found her room, she snuggled under the covers as she tried to go to sleep.  When she remembered the night she had sex with Sam she became a bit sad.  Then she had thought they might have something special.  Now she was certain but she didn’t want him to know yet.  She was glad he felt that making love should be special, earlier when he mentioned it she almost admitted that she had begun to fall for him.  She wanted time to get Dean out of her system.  She needed that time because when she and Sam were together again she wanted it to be because she loved him, not just because of mere attraction.  
    

End of Story One, the Road House series.
   

This story archived at http://https://www.valentchamber.com/vault/viewstory.php?sid=1105