Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

I'm making this story based on the Mr. & Mrs Smith orginal script, but making each role somewhat fit their character from Cold Case. i hope that their character aren't too OOC. BTW, the whole Cold Case team will be in this story. Some more than others. Some previous & recent characters of Cold Case characters will be in this as well. I'm also thinking about putting up a story trailer. I just need some clips.




Author's Chapter Notes:

This chapter may be a little slow, but the beginning was a little slow in the movie as well. Hopefully things will pick up by next chapter.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Scotty Valens and Kat Miller-Valens sit in their separte chairs in front of their marriage counselor. Their bodies seem tense, uncomfortable of even the idea of having to talk to a counselor. Kat tries putting up a front, giving off the appearance that she doesn't need to be there. Scotty, on the other hand, shift uncomfortably, never really be able to do well with complete silence. To break the awkward silence, Scotty feels that he should be the first to speak. It's always good to have the upperhand.

"First off, we don't need to be here."

Kat puts on a fake smile, a smile that she has practice for years to perfection. "It's a funny story actually."

Scotty grins along. "We were at First Thursdays,.."

"...our friends, the Bell's, they live across the street."

"Anyway, there was a karaoke contest..."

"...which Scotty Boy here can't even hum a simple tune without butchering it..."

"...some guys and I decided to make a side bet..."

"...eventhough I tried to establsih in the kindest way possible on how bad the idea was..."

"...I mean, I had knocked back few and I wanted to win..."

"...Scotty tends to get competitive..."

Scotty chuckles a little at the comment. Competetive was an understatement. "Anyways, I go up, trying my hardest to sing She Bangs by Ricky Martin, by the end of the night, four hundred dollars are blown..."

At the same time the announce. "Four sessions with Dr. Louie Amante."

Kat smiles brightly as possible, feeling the tension is increasing. "The Bell's have a great sense of humor."

Dr. Louie Amante writes notes on their obviously rehearsed reason of being here. They've obviousy prepared themselves with the expected questions. He knew that they felt that if they told their story for being there then they could avoid the questions that put fear into them. "But you didn't have to come."

Scotty's entire face drops. They're stumped. They didn't rehearse this. Unlike Scotty, Kat actually keeps her face composed. She wasn't going to let this doctor get the upperhand. They just had to get through their four sessions and never speak of this again. If they had marital problems, they were going to work them. They didn't need their hands to be held by some doctor.

"Right." Scotty didn't know exactly what else to say. He needed the wife to chime in a little to help him out.

Kat takes the time to save both of their asses. "You see, we have a theory..."

"We do?"

Kat glances over to her husband, hoping he'd catch on quickly to her attempts. "The remodeling?"

Oh. He nods towards her, realizing what she was trying to do. "Right. The remodeling." He turns back towards the doctor, sitting up straight to try and explain. She gave him the set up, it was the least he could do. "See, we've been married for five years..."

"...Six..."

Scotty pretends not to notice his miscalculation and continues casually. "...Five, six years, and this is just a refresher for us. I mean come on, we're just cleaning the walls, filling the chipped pieces, and maybe even put up a fresh new coat." He smiles, please with his answer. He glances at Kat, noticing the smile she presented was tight. She could just tell if she was aggravaited. Whether it was him, the doctor, or the situation, he didn't know.

Dr. Amante writes down some notes before presenting them a new method of questioning. "On a scale of one to ten, how happy are you as a couple?"

Right off the back, Kat says... "Eight."

Scotty looks back and forth between her and the doctor, confused on how easily she was able to answer the question. "Wait, so like ten being perfectly happy and one being...like totally miserable?"

Dr. Amante responds. "Just respond instinctively."

Scotty nods. "Okay." He looks over to Kat. "Ready?"

"Ready."

Scotty turns back to the doctor and both he and Kat respond at the same time... "Eight."

Dr. Amante looks between the two, slightly curious if they're treating this as if it was a game. "On a scale of one to ten, how happy would you say your partner is?"

"Eight." Scotty figures that's the best answer to establish, being the fact that she just said that 'eight' was how much she was happy.

"Wait." Kat interrupts, really wanting Scotty's answer before presenting her own. "Are we allowed fractions?"

Scotty and Dr. Amante explain, only Scotty said it in a smart ass retort. "It's what's instinctive."

Kat gives Scotty a slight glare. "I'm all set. You all set?"

Scotty nods, trying not to let the glare bother him. "One...two...three..."

They both turn towards the doctor and answer. "Eight."

Dr. Amante writes some more. It was becoming more clear that this relationship has become more of a dry, but stuggling challenge between each other for a while. He could tell they worked well as a team, when going against others intense situations, but they also but heads going against each other. They were obviously playing a game with each other, even if they didn't know it themselves, so he needed to take them off gaurd. Throw them off their game.

"How often do you have sex?"

They freeze. They should have seen that coming, why wasn't that a question that they put on the list? Kat stomach churns not wanting to admit the actuallity of the situation.

"I don't understand the question." That was all she could say.

Scotty thoughts goes more deep, hoping to though the doctor off some. "Wait. Okay, Imma need you to fill me in here. Is this still the 'one to ten' thing?"

Kat chimes in, no longer stumped. "Eaxactly. I mean, does 'one' equal not much, or is one like nothing." She smiles eventhough her throat is going dry. Sad to the fact that the 'no sex' part is something she obviously quick to point out. "Because strickly, zero should be nothing."

Scotty continues noticing Kat's discomfort and decides to take it all upon himself. "Right. We don't know what 'ten' is."

Kat nods. "Right. Is 'ten'...you know..."

"...Constant...unrelenting..."

"...Twenty-four seven...without break. For anything..."

"...Not even to eat."

"...Like Sting."

"Exactly. Look at Sting's day job. Who else has sixty hours a week put aside to roll around in the sheets."

After their mind boggling explination for clarification, they look at their doctor, staring him in the face. Feeling slightly drained, as if they've accoplished something.

The doctor stares back at them, giving them their clarification. "This is not a 'one to ten' senario."

They freeze...






Chapter End Notes:
Again, sorry for the slow start, but the story of their first meeting is the next chapter so, hopefully things will pick up.