Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I've posted this on FF but I enjoy this fanfiction site so much that I wanted to test my character out here and see if she's truely accepteable on the GH world. Tell me what you think.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


This place was a lot colder than what she's used. A hell of a lot colder. She forgot to check the forecast before boarding her flight, but she was in a hurry to leave. Snow was falling as she walks around with a backpack, black jeans, fitted black polo shirt, and a casual black leather jacket. She stops in front of a busy diner, looking for anywhere to get a room. Kelly's? I've heard of this place…

She walks in the place, and man, it felt so good in there. But what amazes her even more, it looked just like she imagined. Warm, comfortable, and just plain ol' casual. She looks around, noticing the tables were all full, but her gaze stops over at the stools. Not many people were sitting over there. There was an available chair next to a petite brunette, no taller than she was herself, who was talking to some older guy, and she makes her over, sliding in the empty chair.

"This place is doing, amazing tonight, Mike." The woman's low, but light voice continued whatever conversation was going on before she went over to the counter, while sipping her hot chocolate. She couldn't quite place it, but the woman looked so familiar.

The old guy, Mike, smirks. "Well, apparently people like comin' here in the middle of winter." His gaze moves to the freezing young girl with spiky hair and leather jacket. "Maybe a scarf would have been a better attire choice." He kindly comments in a gentle tone.

The girl's slightly redden skin slowly begins to turn back to its natural brown color. She lowly chuckles and rubs her hands together to bring some warmth. "I'm from out of town."

"Must be a pretty far place to not about the whether in P.C. Now what can I get you?" Mike asks, putting on his business tone. "Dutch apple pie," He notices the shiver in her body. "And maybe some hot cocoa?"

The girl smiles at the offer, sticking her hands back in her pocket. "Make that a coffee, one cream four sugars, please."

Mike places a mug in front of her, filling it with her desired coffee, before going into the kitchen to get her pie. She looks over at the petite brunette, wearing a black hooded coat, her gloves and hat sticking out of its pocket, and friendly smiles.

"Is it always cold up here in February?" She asks. I was only the end of January, but it was close enough to call it February and she was hoping to make some decent conversation.

The woman laughs. "Oh yeah. Temperature starts to drop in August." She sips her hot chocolate. "So, where you from?"

Mike comes back and set a slice of pie in front of the girl. "Good 'ol warm Miami."

"Wow, that's uh, pretty far from here." The woman looks at the girl, studying her appearance. She looks like a runaway, but she looks around twenty-one. "So you're here for school?"

The girl undetectably lies. "Yeah, I hear PCU is a great school. I mean, I got the money to pay for it, why not?" The studies the woman, knowing she looks so damn familiar… "Everyday Heroes." The woman looks at her with surprise and smiles. "You're Sam McCall, right?" She didn't even have to answer the question. The voice, the face, she should have recognized it immediately. "My name's Destiny. Huge fan."

Sam nods at the girl's recognition. "Yes, I was the host for 'Everday Heroes'."

Destiny takes a bite of her warm pie. So good. "I used to watch that show all the time. So what do you do now, if you don't mind me asking." She didn't mean to come off as nosey, but she was curious about knowing the famous, in many ways, Samantha McCall.

"I'm actually, a private investigator. Jackal and McCall Private Investigations." There a was a huge amount of pride as she spoke the words. "My partner Spinelli-"

"Spi-What?"

Sam laughs; she obviously heard the girl's reaction before. "Spinelli. He's a computer genius that refers himself as 'The Jackal' in the cyber world. Very unique. I'm actually supposed to be meeting him here." She turns around searching for her friend.

Destiny turns back around in her chair, finishing up her pie and coffee, until she heard the words. "Greeting, Fair Samantha." Oh god. At that point, she feels he should have just come out point blank and said 'Greetings Earthlings.', the way he spoke made it seem like he was an alien trying to, and miserably failing, passing off as human.

"Hey Spinelli." Sam greets back. "I was just talking 'bout you." She gestures over to Destiny. "Hey, Destiny, this is my partner Spinelli."

Destiny takes a sip of her coffee, before turning around, spotting the young guy standing. He seemed odd, but he was adorable. She couldn't help but smile at him. "Hi. So you're the guy working with the Everyday Hero."

He smiles back at her. "Indeed. The Fair Samantha and the Jackal collaborate, investigating the mysteries and mission that other send us."

Destiny laughs a little. If Sam didn't already tell him what they did, she wouldn't have any idea what he was talking. "Okay. So Spinelli, would you happen to know where the uh, MetroCourt is located? I need to check into my room."

"Indeed I do.-"

Sam cuts him off, noticing the vibe between the smiling two. "Well, I'm sure Spinelli would like to take you there. Save you the trouble."

She wasn't use to getting rides from strangers, but something told that the guy was harmless. "Sure." She answers, never taking her eyes off Spinelli. "If that okay with you?"

Spinelli looks at Sam, nervousness filling his body. "Um, if you're completely okay with-"

Sam cuts him off again. "Spin, just go. I'll see you at work tomorrow."

Spinelli nervous smile widens and looks back at Destiny. "Well, my Destiny, your chariot awaits."

Destiny pulls her wallet out of her back pocket, tosses a couple of bills on the counter before leaving with Spinelli.

When they exit, Mike walks over taking Destiny's money, until he notices the actual amount. "Whoa. The pie's not that good."

Sam looks over at him, curious to what he was talking about. "What's wrong?"

Mike chuckles, shaking his head. "Not a thing. Seems like your new friend may be loaded."

Sam looks closely at the bills Mike was holding. Two hundred dollars? She looks back at the entrance, noticing Destiny's wallet lying on the floor. She opens her wallet, finding platinum credit cards and about five thousand dollars in hundred dollar bills. Loaded indeed. She looks at the driver's license, something familiar about the name. "Destiny Gloria Ruiz."






Chapter End Notes:
So What Do You Think?