Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Sarah and Sam had plenty of time to get to know each other over the next few days. While the other two couples spent time with their families as well as their significant others. She and Sam had gone on a few regular dates. They attended the movies, dinner and even hit a local pub. Sarah liked that Sam wanted her to feel normal in his supernatural world. They had even discussed how absurd it was of them to consider a relationship while Sam still hunted. But in the end, Sarah had again insisted she was a big girl and it wasn’t as though there wasn’t already one female with a Winchester trying to have a normal life.
“But Ari is different.”
Sam knew what he wanted to say but was tongue tied.
“What do you mean? I mean does she have super powers like you? Is she a hunter too? What?” Sarah had asked a bit peeved at Sam’s stubborn desire to treat her as a fragile doll.
“No I mean she knew what she was getting into and came along to help despite knowing.”
Sarah sat down her glass of wine before she reached over to take Sam’s warm hand in her own. She traced her fingers over his large palms as she tried not to think of what large hands on a man might mean. She blushed under his gaze. Boy I’m getting horny these days.
“It’s no different Sam; I know who you are and what you do. Yet, I’m still here with every desire in the world to get to know you better though I ….”
Sam shook his head, “Don’t say it…because I’m crazy about you but we should still go slow…”
“Don’t say what?” she asked him with a grin.
“Um, I thought….”
She caressed his hand lightly, which caused Sam to shiver but mostly it turned him on.
“You thought I was going to express my undying love for you?”
“Arrogant huh?” he said as he looked down at their clasped hands on the table.
“No, but I’m not there yet. I was going to say I want to spend more time with you as much as I can squeeze out from ‘the boss’,” she said with smile.
Sam looked up into her eyes; he loved her eyes. He actually admitted to himself for the first time that he was very certain he still loved Sarah.

From the moment they met Sarah had distracted him. She was elegant but friendly, she was beautiful which had almost made him uncertain from the start. The night Dean insisted that he go out with Sarah for research he had been unsure because of Jessica’s death and the reasons behind it. When he thought of Sarah after the date he realized that he had been attracted to her spirit. It was open and it reminded him of Jessica. But that was where the similarities had ended, except that she too was stubborn.
“You okay there?” Sarah asked as she realized Sam was lost in thought.
“Yeah, I’m fine, you ready to go?” he asked as they got up to leave the restaurant.

The next weekend,

Sarah watched Sam as he stroked the fire in the grill as he prepared to make burgers; he wore only a tee shirt and a pair of worn jeans with sandals despite the cool afternoon. She eyed him under lowered lashes as she bit her lip. She had known Sam Winchester was a fine specimen of a man. A man that had fed her fantasies for months after she first met him. She shivered at thought of his hazel eyes on her as her thoughts drifted to a happy place that involved lots of sweat and flying hands as she explored Sam’s taut body. She was lost in thought and blushed when Sam said her name.
“Sarah, So how do you like them?”
“Um, well done please,” she said as she sat back on the patio with her glass of wine as she willed her body to calm down.
Sam put the meat on the grill then came to sit with her totally unaware of Sarah’s thoughts only a moment before.
“Have I told you I’m glad you came?” he asked as he leaned down to kiss her willing lips.
Sarah blushed again as she moved her glass to the table before she put her hands on his face as she looked in his eyes.
“Well yes, everyday but I don’t mind if you say it again,” she answered before she pressed her hand to his jaw as his lips skimmed hers.
They were deep into the kiss when there was a sound, of someone clearing their throat.
“Sam?” Jo said as he turned to see she held her bag at her side.
Sam jumped up abruptly, surprising Sarah though she was able to save her glass from falling off the table.
“Sorry, I’ll be right back,” he said as Sarah raised her eyebrow at him.
“Okay.”

Jo was around the house and getting back in the car when he caught up with her.
“Jo wait.”
“No, I should have known you would have moved on.”
“I…….I do like Sarah a lot. Why didn’t you call instead of just showing up?”
“Who in the hell is this Sarah? Did you just meet her or what?”
Sam shuffled uncomfortably before he explained quickly about Sarah as Jo tried to calm down.
“So you think she is the one?” Jo asked as she crossed her arms over her stomach after she threw her bag in the car.
She was livid and Sam knew it. But he couldn’t help how he felt about Sarah. In his mind she was the one. Maybe he had known for a while even before Paris or Jo. His nod was barely perceptible but Jo understood clearly as she glared at him as tears threatened to fall down her cheeks. She took a deep breath as she turned from Sam it was done, she came back and Sam was over her. So be it.

Dean saw Jo’s car and Sam talking to her when he was about to turn in the yard.
“Oh no,” he said.
“What?” Ari asked as she turned around in the seat.
“Jo.”
“Oh that can’t be good; Sam is just getting over her.”
“Well I don’t know he has always liked Sarah; I hope this doesn’t change anything.”
Ari agreed as they parked the car then got out to help the kids out of the back section of the SUV. Jo didn’t acknowledge the couple as she glared at Sam while she backed her car out of the yard. Sam didn’t see Sarah as she stood near the backyard as she watched him. She put on a smile when he turned to her, though in her heart she recognized jealousy was present.
“Everything okay?” Dean asked as he held John on his way inside.
“Great,” Sam said none convincingly as he turned to go join Sarah.
Dean grimaced, oh some splaining to do Lucy.
A half hour later Dean wandered out side to check on Sam and Sarah to find them kissing on the patio. Dean smiled to himself as he backed away from the scene. Looks like Jo showing up did not cause any problems thank God for small favors.

That night after everyone had a walk following dinner; Sam went with Sarah downstairs to “hang out.” The watched television for a while which bored them so much they decided to watch a movie on the big screen that was installed in the den. Dean had insisted on the HD wide screen after he convalesced in the area and felt he spent too much time squinting. Of course, Sam’s suggestion that maybe he needed glasses in his old age had only gotten him a slap in the head. Ari had found the idea to make sense because she felt is was a good investment for their business.

Two hours later, both Sam and Sarah were still very much awake. Both had avoided the obvious activity that would sufficiently tire them out enough to sleep.
“I should go upstairs,” Sam suggested as he got up and brought her to her feet with him.
“Oh no, can’t you stay?” Sarah asked with her lashes lowered.
Sam looked in her eyes. He wanted so much to say yes. Maybe if they just held one another it would be enough. But even in the dimly lit room, he could see the sparkle in her green eyes and he feared he wouldn’t be satisfied until his hands were on her soft body.

“I……..shouldn’t,” he said before she leaned up on tip toe to pull his head down to hers. His lips crashed against her gently at first but Sarah pushed her tongue in his mouth as she moaned. Her hands found their way into his hair while Sam attempted to stay in control. Recently sex had only caused him problems. Then Dean’s words came back to him if you are not liking sex you are doing something wrong.

Before Sarah realized what was happening he picked her up then sat her back down on the sofa with her in his lap though he never stopped kissing her. His hands roamed over her back before he moved them under her blouse. His nimble fingers unclasped the hook quickly before his hot hands found her pebbled nipples. Sarah moved back to look at him as he touched her. She immediately so the fire in his eyes while he looked questioningly at her.

“Sam if you don’t want to then we can wait,” she volunteered while all the while he was driving her insane with want from the constant movement of his thumbs.
She didn’t think he had any idea what he was doing to her body. She reached to cease the moving of his fingers. The clock on the wall ticked loudly in their ears as they looked long and hard at one another while their bodies waited for the decision.
“But I do, but before I have to tell you something,” he said before Sarah attempted to get out of his lap but he stopped her.
****

Upstairs Erin phoned her Aunt Jenny about the upcoming nuptials. The older woman seemed happy for her since she like Anthony. Erin felt the conversation with her aunt was stilted but she had gotten used to the chill since she had taken off to see her brothers the first time. She assumed her aunt did not want her to lose her career over missing work when she could make proper arrangements to see her brothers at another time or so she had said often.
“How did she take it?” Anthony asked.
“Solemnly, you know sometimes I get the impression that she know something she does not want to share with me.
“Maybe you know older people can be mysterious for your own good,” he said with a smile.
She snuggled next to him on the sofa and looked up when Ari came in with Dean.

As much as she loved Anthony Erin envied Dean at times. She understood he had a long way to go to get used to being a father/husband. But she thought he was adjusting nicely or seemed to be.
“Hey you two, are we intruding?” Ari asked before they both sat in the big overstuffed chair.
Dean’s eyes never left his wife’s face as she sat in his lap. She put her arm around his neck as she spoke with Erin.
“Oh no problem, hey it’s your house.”
“No we are all in this together. Sometimes I wish I had donated to the Road House anonymously because I do not see the funds as mine. If we need something we buy it no worries,” she said as Dean smiled.
“Yep except that you can get what you want without asking the rest of us.”
“That is true, which reminds me I bought you something,” she said with a wide grin.
“Cool,” Erin said with a smile at her older brother as he winked at her.
Ari pulled Dean back out of the chair, “Come on,” she said.
“I hope it’s edible,” Dean said to Anthony and Erin as they left the room.
Erin laughed, “They are funny those two,” she said as they exited.

Dean leaned back on the bed as he watched Ari pull out a bag he hadn’t seen before. She smiled as she turned around with a pair of very small panties over her finger.
“Um I don’t think they are my size,” he teased as she leaned over him with a grin.”
“Not your size but you will like these more than most.”
“Yeah?”
She put them up to his nose to smell.
“No way, they’re edible, oh please tell me you are wearing them tonight,” he almost begged.
Ari laughed. He could be so predictable. She had almost forgotten she had bought them a couple days ago when she and Erin had gone off alone to shop.
“Maybe I will wear them,” she said as she leaned down to kiss him but only for a moment.
“Maybe?” he asked as he quirked his eyebrow up, “Oh don’t tease me, woman.”
She could only laugh as she went in to take her shower, though he came in soon after.
It was a great thing that the babies had learn to sleep through the night.

Sam watched as Sarah slowly closed up on him. He sighed. He wouldn’t feel right about sleeping with her if she did not know all there was to know about Jo or even Paris. On the other hand, he wasn’t sure about bringing up yet another girl. So he soothed his conscious by only explaining more details on his relationship with Jo.
“So you slept with this Jo?”
“Yeah um couple of times.”
“But she doesn’t mean anything to you any more, right?”
“No,” he said hurriedly.
Sarah looked up at him. The answer seemed to come too fast for someone who had slept with the girl. Maybe she didn’t know Sam like she thought. Maybe he was a player like he insisted his brother had been.
“Well, give it a thought you did lay down with the woman,” Sarah said sarcastically as she looked incredulously at him.
“I didn’t mean it to sound callous. Jo and I are just different. Unfortunately, we found out later. I mean you know I want to keep hunting for the answers despite the demon being dead. Jo doesn’t want any type of stable life.”
“Hey she showed up here today, maybe you just blew you last chance with her.”
“That is just it I do not want more chances with her, I want you Sarah. I knew that not long after Jo and I had been together. I confess the second time was not about any real affection, it was pure lust.”
Sarah reached over to touch his face, she wanted to believe him. She wanted to trust that the things had only begun to come together for him recently. To trust him when he told her she was the person he most wanted to see again. She wanted to believe that he had planned to call her before she arrived.

Sam understood her hesitation. He had known all along that sex was rarely something he could do half-heartedly. He and Jessica had been together for almost four months before they slept together. Right afterward they moved in with one another. Sam had wanted to be so sure that things were good with them before they made love. He had been glad for the wait. Jessica had been all he could have imagined in a woman. Maybe he had been naïve but he never regretted waiting to be with her or having been with her.

Sarah on the other hand was someone he had thought would never truly want him despite the instant attraction they had for one another. But she was here with him and he had the audacity to tell he had been with other women. Maybe he had hit his head. Who did that? He sighed as she watched him for long moments.
“I believe you Sam, you know you didn’t have to tell me the details,” she teased him.
He laughed. All the anxiety fell away as she moved to get close to him on the sofa again.
He almost hoped this wouldn’t be the night they had sex he wanted to soak in one feeling at a time, but this night he promised himself he wouldn't turn her down again.
****


Meanwhile, Jo checked in that night to the local hotel. She was tired and upset though she refused to cry over Sam Winchester again. She sat blindly watching the cable television as she wrapped herself in a fluffy towel. She put her feet up on the bed as she reached for the popcorn before she began to munch in an attempt to divert her thoughts.
She was doing fine until she saw a bulletin on the screen. The picture was of Dean though the announcer did not seem to have his name at all, just a photograph of him leaving the scene of a robbery in Eau Claire, WI, which was six hours away.

TBC