Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


At the first overnight stop of the trip, they checked into the hotel rooms that had been reserved for by Erin for all of them. It was a national chain with numerous amenities including a pool, spa and weight room as well as an on site restaurant/bar. They were all determined to make the trip an adventure. While the men retrieved the luggage the women and children went inside to check in at the desk before they went off to the rooms. Sarah and Erin were happy to help Ari with the twins while Ari kept up with the girls. 
“Thank you so much,” Ari said as they entered her and Dean’s room.
“No need to thank us,” Erin said as she sat Braeden on the floor on his now sturdy legs while she put up the portable cribs for them while Sarah kept an eye on both the boys. Dean called to get the room numbers and Ari smiled to herself as she hung up the phone. Maybe this trip will be good for the entire family she thought. 

She changed the girls into their swimsuits so they could get in a swim before the sun set while she had the other two ladies available to watch the boys. Afterward, Sarah and Erin went to their own rooms to figure out what Sam and Anthony had planned for their evening. 

Dean could only grin when he came into find his daughters in the middle of their bed watching cartoons, quietly. While his sons played in the cribs and made all kinds of noises. 
“Can you watch them while I change?” Ari asked before she stepped into the small rest room.
“Sure,” he said as he bounced on the bed which disturbed two young girls who were entranced by the tv show.
“Daddy stop,” Megan said with a pout.
“Well your’e no fun,” Dean said as he got a kick out of teasing her.
Amber shook her head as she kept watching the show.
“Shhhhh,” she said as Dean grinned as he moved his attention to the boys. 
He figured they would play with him and they wouldn’t tell him to be quiet. 

It wasn’t long after that they met up with Sam and Sarah down at the pool. The men watched the boys while Ari and Sarah took the girls in to play for a bit then they switched out so the ladies could watch the boys while Dean and Sam played in the pool and supervised the boys. 
It was a hot out in the Missouri sun and everyone had fun playing in the water especially the kids. Dean smiled as he watched Megan, dog paddle. Em was her new name she had given herself. He figured she had grown tired of him calling her Baby Girl though he still called her that in his head.
“Daddy,” she said as he snapped out of his reverie.
“Yes, Em, what’s up?”
“Got to go tee tee,” she said as he smiled at her. 
He took her out of the pool then led her over to Ari to take care of her.
He could only smile as they wondered off, while he wondered how he got so lucky.

Later, that evening after the kids were all in bed he and Ari snuggled under the covers in the quiet room. His hands had only begun to roam over her body as he kissed her neck when they felt something on the bed. The looked up to see Megan grinning down at them.
“What you doing?” she asked innocently.
“Trying to sleep, what’s wrong?” Dean asked with as much patience as he could muster.
She climbed between them on top of the covers and grinned as Ari tried not to laugh. Life with children was unpredictable. Though it would have been odd if none of the kids had ended up in their bed, actually, since they were in such close quarters. 

“You can stay but you have to be still,” Dean said as the little girl moved her head to his chest and her feet in Ari’s direction. 
“Okay, Daddy,” she said as she closed to her eyes before Dean ran his hand over her blonde curls.
She looked content as Dean shook his head and Ari smiled. Of course, a couple of minutes later Amber joined them and situated herself beside Megan while Ari moved closer to the other side of the bed. For a moment, Dean considered sending them both to their bed but Ari smiled at him and he knew she didn’t mind. 

Megan needed to be able to feel comfortable with them and Amber couldn’t be left out either. Megan still had nights that she cried herself to sleep which bothered Dean a bit he needed her to feel safe in her surroundings as she got over her mother’s death. On the other hand, he was still getting over his own mother’s death perhaps if he had been able to live a regular life it would have been easier for him and that was what he hoped for his child. They were all lucky the boys sleep through the night it made things a lot less hectic. 

Meanwhile, Sam and Sarah, made love in the peacefulness of their hotel room. Sarah couldn’t get enough of Sam and he adored with his large hands as they roamed her body. Thanks to Sam’s foresight they were able to use their own sheets. The idea of being intimate in a hotel room with questionable bedding had not appealed to him though Sarah had insisted the hotel had a great reputation. Sam thought he might come across as a bit anal about that sort of thing but with years of hotel experience behind him he believed in better safe than sorry. 

Sarah attempted to hold in a moan as Sam came before he moved to take care of the necessities. 
“Thank you,” she said to his back.
“For what?” he asked as he got back in the bed.
“For inviting me to the wedding.”
“Sarah, you are in the wedding,” he said with a grin.
She hit his shoulder as he leaned over to kiss her again.
“Oh that’s why I am here, so if someone else was in the wedding would they be in your bed?” she teasingly asked him.
He answered her with another kiss, this time it was long, lazy and left no room for doubt. She moved her arms around his neck as her mind went back to enjoying him. She loved he smell, his taste being with him whether making love or just hanging out. She had it bad for Sam Winchester. Part of her was happy and the other part still a bit unsure. She did know she wasn’t going to over think things at that moment. 
***

Near Dallas, Janice and Jenny discussed the upcoming Winchester visit as they sat on her back porch. They argued about when they would give the newcomers the background information of their family.
“But we don’t want to ruin the wedding,” Jenny said in frustration.
“We can’t keep it from them any longer. I had hoped Missouri would come and take the burden off of us.”
“It’s not her job to tell them, we are their aunts. She is really an innocent bystander. A pawn in the Winchester family game of manipulation that has been around since the beginning.”
Janice nodded. She knew Jenny wasn’t happy about her coming to the wedding but she had never met her nephews and it had been years since she had seen Erin. 
“Yeah you’re right, I guess I just hate to be the bearer of bad news.”
“Join the club,” Jenny said.

*** 
When the Winchesters rolled into town they were happy to see the bright shining Southern sun and feel it’s warmth. It took three hours to get to Erin’s condo where Sam and Sarah were going to stay. Anthony was to go to home to his place and Ari, Dean with the kids were to hang out with Aunt Jenny. Dean was a bit sad to leave Sam behind but he said nothing as his sister gave them directions for the ten-minute drive. 
“I’m sorry about this but we will be over in a bit I just have some errands to run. Aunt Jenny is really very nice and from what I remember our Aunt Janice is a hoot, kind of a gypsy wild woman.”
“Hey, don’t worry about us we’ll be fine,” Dean assured his sister as they drove off.
Erin, Sam and Sarah stood outside til they could no longer see the SUV before they wandered back into the building. She wasn’t sure why she felt melancholy, but being back in Texas even for a while settled on her uneasily. It wasn’t that she had a premonition she was ready for her new life to begin with Anthony and her brothers.

Dean found the address easily. He and Ari were getting the kids out of the car when their Aunt Janice came outside. She had a friendly face and it lit up when she saw Ari take one of the twins out of the car seat. 
“Here let me help you with him,” she said as she took Braeden.
He smiled up at her kind face, though he wiggled in her arms just before Jenny came out of the back door.
“Hey there, I am assuming you are Dean. Erin called to see you were on the way over. She will be here with your brother and his girlfriend shortly,” she said.
Dean nodded as he took Amber and Megan’s hands to let them met the ladies.

Amber was friendly because she loved to meet new people but Megan was obviously unhappy. Dean picked her up as she scrunched up her nose.
“Hey what’s going on?” he whispered to her.
She shook her head she had no idea how to explain that she had a bad feeling about the older lady. Dean sighed as she put her head down on his shoulder while Ari enquired about the problem with the look in her eyes. He really hoped Megan’s reaction wasn’t a sign that they were going to get bad news.
“She’ll be okay she doesn’t always take well to strangers,” he explained. 

TBC