Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Keep in mind when I wrote this part of the fic I was making up their background.  It won't be like in the show.  Thanks for reading.


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.



Dean and Ari got the kids out with a bit of help from Janice while Jenny held the door open. Once they were inside, they took their bags to the room. The boys seemed tired so they put them down for naps in the bedroom. 
After that was done, they decided to talk a while with their Aunts. Janice was the outgoing bubbly talker while Jenny tended to be a bit standoffish with them. Dean had the impression that Jenny was not pleased about his little family though it wasn’t what she said it was the way she looked at his children. He became uncomfortable after a few minutes and wanted badly for Erin and the rest to show up.

 “Let me get you all some drinks, Janice said when she saw the girls were quiet.
Amber followed her to the kitchen while Megan moved closer to Dean’s leg. Jenny was quiet in the silent room for long moments until Janice returned with two waters which were carried by Amber and coffees which the older lady had placed on a tray with mugs.

 “Here we go,” she said as she sat the tray on the table.  
Amber gave Megan a water bottle which the little girl held in her small hands but did not open.  
“So Dean you and Ari were married recently?” Jenny asked as if she didn’t know the answer. 
Ari and Dean figured she was stalling until the others arrived so they could hear the history of their family. Erin had hinted that Jenny let her know they were going to have the talk but no one had been certain when that would happen.  

 Erin had confided in Dean that she had a bad feeling about their history it was something she hadn’t been able to shake off. Dean and Sam didn’t know what could be so bad considering what the knew they hoped it couldn't be any worse or so they hoped.

 “Yes, we were married before the twins were born,” Ari said as she watched Dean who sat across from her near Megan in a chair.
The large living room went along well with the huge estate that was Jenny’s home. Dean couldn’t imagine growing up in such luxury the way Erin had. It was an entirely different world. He almost agreed with the idea that their dad had allowed their sister to stay. She had received every opportunity to succeed, yet all Erin wanted to do was to move on from her home to be closer to them. Maybe it was in their blood, he pondered the thought as the older woman stared at him again.

 “They're all very beautiful,” Janice said while Jenny remained quiet.
Jenny had always been judgmental, Janice wondered how Erin had become such a free spirit with her upbringing but she figured it was in the genes. Mary had been a runaway and John was an ex marine. The two of them had done what they could, with what fate had handed them through no fault of their own their families, well, that was another story.

***
 Several hours later after the small family had a nap the others finally arrived. Dean turned over to see on the bedside clock that it was after six in the afternoon. He must have awakened the others because when he turned over again the other three were rubbing their eyes. He could only smile at Ari. He thought she looked cute with her hair messy and she was mid yawn.  
“What’s so funny?” she asked as the two girls in between them looked at Dean too.
“Nothing, we should probably get up I think I heard Sam downstairs.  
“Yeah, Uncle Sam,” Amber said as she crawled over Dean to get out of the bed.  
Megan still seemed a bit sluggish as she let out a big yawn.
“Come on sleepyhead,” Dean said as he picked her up to set her on her feet.
“Oh Daddy,” she said as she followed Amber out of the room. 

 Once they were all situated in the den, all that is included Erin, Sam, Sarah, Anthony as well as Dean and his group minus the twins, who were being watched by the housekeeper, Jenny looked around with a smile. It was the first real smile Dean had seen from the older woman, he liked it because it reminded him of his father.  

 “So it took a while to decide about telling you all the history of your family since in the future it may not only come in handy but there are things you need to know.”
“Hold on. I want to say that it’s is wonderful to finally have the three Winchester children all together. I’ve wanted to meet you boys for many years,” Janice interrupted.
Jenny cleared her throat, “We can do that later don’t you think,” she chided her sister.
“Well, okay carry on,” Janice conceded with a small smile.
Jenny had always been the bossy one of them.

 “As I was saying I gather since John had not told you of Erin considering the way you all met I assume he might not have known some things. We felt this was a good time with the marriage for you to know the information.”
“Please can we do this,” Janice interrupted again.”

 Jenny’s story went something like this. 
Your parents were both from wealthy families.
“What?” Sam interrupted though Sarah touched his knee to quiet him.
Ari smiled as she watched Dean who seemed to be in shock. 
The thing about Mary was that she was head strong from birth she never wanted to listen and at every turn tryied to be normal like the rest of the kids she knew. Her families money was of no interest to her it was the reason she ran away. Unfortunately, her family had her life planned out for her and despite her leaving they still had control of EVERY aspect of her life. There wasn’t a moment that they did not know where she was or who she was involved with.

“Um you mean like spies?” Sam asked only to receive a raised eyebrow from his aunt at the interruption, “Sorry,” he mumbled.
John Winchester was your mother’s chosen husband from day one, well after Ben did his disappearing act. Our families had made a deal you see. The deal went back to the beginning of the founding of our country.
She stopped talking that was when Jenny took over.
They were a part of a secret society. They took oaths and made promises in blood. The dark days that will come in the future are a direct result of such pacts but this is our story too.

 So when Mary left they decided to use Plan B. The marine known as John Winchester settled in Lawrence, Kansas a city known for supernatural activity. No,w that wasn’t something that either John or Mary knew or cared about. John met Mary while she worked as a dental assistant. They fell in love right away and got married.
 
 However, before Mary met John, before she settled down to a real job she made some promises of her own. It was a time when she needed money and refused to do the things most runaways do.
 
“Mom made a deal didn’t she?” Sam asked.
You mother was in a bind she was on the streets though we now know that her family knew her every move. They even had someone in town watching her.  
Jenny had her wits back by now. She pulled herself together after she returned to the room with a tissue in her hand. Dean’s expression never changed. He couldn’t get out of his mind that their family had been influential and they way they had lived had been such a contrast to that.

 Jenny started again, Missouri Moseley’s family were servants for the Winchesters many years ago. Missouri had gifts as a child and our family took notice. Missouri kept an eye on Mary as a favor to the Winchesters. She wanted to do it because Mary had been a sweet child that she played with when she was younger herself. She and Mary were only a few years apart in age. But, Mary didn’t know that Missouri lived in Lawrence until she approached her one day on the street. They struck up a friendship all over again.

 “So why didn’t Missouri tell her what was going on with all of this?” Sarah asked.
Jenny ignored the question.
Missouri could only watch, she had to stay out of it. Mary had made her own choice in matters. Of course, she never thought keeping secrets would get her killed.  
Janice interrupted again, “Tell them the important part,” she insisted.
Jenny cleared her throat again. 
Mary youngest child is not John’s son.
Sam stood up, “What the hell kind of lies are you telling here?” he bellowed.

 Everyone looked his way.  
“Sam sit down,” Dean demanded.
Erin could only close her eyes this was not what she had expected. 
Sam please Erin said in her head.
“Sit down are you crazy? And Please? Are you going to stay here and listen to this?” he said as he fled the room with Sarah behind him.
Dean’s jaw hardened. His heart was pounding hard in his chest. But he sat still. Why wasn’t he as surprised as Sam. Maybe it was because of what Dad had told him. Maybe he had known there was something else that Dad didn’t say. Ari watched him. Maybe he should have told Sam that he arrived to get him when Jessica died because Dad had called him and told him to get his brother out. Maybe there were too many lies between them. He loved his brother but had he known they didn’t share a father?

 Since no one else moved Jenny continued.
In most scenario’s these type of things involve the first born but in Mary’s case she had stalled them until she couldn’t any longer. She was a married woman when they performed a ritual on her involving demon blood it was a transfusion and invitro all in one. Then later she had to pretend that her child was her husbands.

 “All those years we thought Missouri was our friend?” Dean finally asked.
“She was the person Mary visited after ritual happened she counseled her but Mary couldn’t hurt your father she hoped it would all be okay,” Janice said quietly, “Missouri has always been there for you all, she isn’t to blame. John found her ………”
“Just as it was planned, right?” Dean said this time he was up yelling as he flailed his arms.  
Megan started to cry as she saw his anger; it’s what stopped him and allowed him to take a deep breath. Ari picked up the little girl as they all left the room with Amber following behind. 

***
 Sam was outside in the dark pacing when Sarah came out.  
“Hey are you okay?”
“What do you think?” he yelled in her general direction.
He wanted to throw something. Sarah took him by the arm then looked up in this face.
“I’m so sorry. I know you hate that you feel you have been manipulated your whole life. But you have the power to control how you react to this.”
Sam sat down in the porch swing where Sarah joined him before the rest came out of the house.  

 “Hey you okay?” Ari asked as they all sat down.
“It’s just sinking in?” Sam said as he tried to regain his calm.  
He thought Sarah was right, he had to stay in control. Besides the demon was dead maybe things where going to be better. It would take time for him to get used to the idea of what he had been told. Who is my father? Was it Azazel? What am I?

 Dean was quiet but he was also livid. So many years and he wondered how much of the information had their father gathered about his own family. He stretched before he sat down to put Megan in his lap. The two girls with the exception from a little crying from Megan had been fairly quiet. 
 
 Amber went to sit with her uncle Sam who was glad to have her to hold. She was so innocent and as much as he loved Sarah something about that unconditional kid love was what he needed at that moment. Amber gave him a big hug and he smiled at her. With such innocence in the world he would take the higher ground whenever he could, he promised himself. 

***
 Erin and Anthony stayed in the den once everyone was gone. Erin was afraid after all the things that had been shared Anthony might change his mind about her.
“So am I such a catch now?”
“Yeah about that,” he teased, “Did I tell you my family is descended from Count Dracula?”
She punched him in the side as she laughed.
“No really, Erin I’m not marry your family, thank God, I am marry you.”
“Thanks for that,” she said just before the sound of a babies anguished cries could be heard through out the house.

Dean and Ari rushed inside leaving the girls out on the patio with Sam and Sarah. Dean was the first to the room. He found Jenny holding a screaming John Michael. Dean had to hold his nose when the odor of the babies dirty diaper hit him.
“I was going to change him when I heard him crying ,“ she said.
“Um, I’ll do it,” Ari said as she entered the room then took the baby.
Dean shook his head as his heart rate slowed. Everything was fine but he had been concerned for a moment. John Michael was the fussy one it would only make sense that he would be the one to make all the racket for such a small thing as a dirty diaper and a stranger handling him.
“Sorry,” Jenny mumbled as she left the room.
Dean felt a bit sorry for the lady. They had invaded her space and now the noise factor had risen with the introduction of the twins to her environment.

Dean stopped her before she was out the door.
“Not your fault, looks like John Michael has his namesakes temperament.”
“Yeah, I see that,” she said as she stood awkwardly in front of her nephew, “Can we talk a minute?” she asked.
“Um, sure,” Dean said as he looked from Jenny to where Braeden was kicking in the other portable crib, “Let me get him okay.”
Jenny nodded as he picked up the other twin to take out in the hall. Ari smiled as the left.

Dean followed his aunt down the hall to the living room. They sat down, him on the sofa with the baby in his lap to play and Jenny sat in a straight back chair across from him. It seemed unreal do Dean as he sat among all the opulence of the home. The large fireplace dominated the wall which seemed massive. There was a wet bar one side of the room as well as antique vases in the other sitting area not far away y that sat on carved tables. He tried not to stare, obviously Jenny had not been above receiving the share of wealth that the family had owned over the years. He couldn’t wait to hear what happened to his father’s share.

“I was just going to say I was a bit surprised to see that Ari wasn’t how do I say this………..”
“Wasn’t white?” Dean supplied with a smirk.
“Yes, your sister never mentioned that point.”
“Erin is a free spirit like you said, she probably hasn’t noticed yet,” this time Dean punctuated his statement with a frown.
Jenny put her chin in the air. “I have nothing against none white people, Dean, I was just surprised.”
“Aunt Janice,” Dean said for the first time ever, “Didn’t seem to have an issue it either.”
“Yes, another free spirit, had she been around when Erin came to
live with us, well your sister would have been a gypsy.”
Dean smiled. 
“My husband and I couldn’t have children and we loved having Erin visit. Though Mary was never rally an advocate, your father thought it was a good idea for us to have her over now and again.”
Dean wondered again how he could have totally blocked out his own sister. It bothered his often. His break down after the fire must have been severe for his memory to wipe away so clean. He had vowed to stop blaming his father for that especially after seeing
the advantages Erin had been given, she had been the lucky one.
“Did I ever come visit?”
“Actually when you were about a year old you came with your parents, John was not a fan of my husband either. He felt he was too old for me and married me for my money.”
“Oh.”
“I think that started the rift between us. I loved my husband, David, very much. He died a few years ago of cancer.”
Dean was quiet. Braeden made the only noise that filled the room just before Sam came in the house again with Sarah and the girls.


TBC