Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter Nineteen

{Invisible Realm}
Mary heard her name being discussed while she was working. She, Cassie and Jess where working on a very large quilt with several hundred others. Mary had been distracted when the sound of her name floated to her ears from the earth far below. Suddenly, all the talking around her seemed far away but she couldn’t hear any real
conversation, just that one mention. She was a bit frustrated with the incident. She frowned as Cassie who sat beside her as she busily worked. Jessica was the one to ask what was wrong.
“They are talking about me, I think someone is revealing my truth,” she said as she bit her lip.
Jessica looked nervously around. They were supposed to focus on the here and now their paths had ended. Though she knew, Mary was understandably nervous after having told her and Cassie what hat happened.  
“Let’s take a break okay but you really are going to have to let this all go, okay?” Jessica said with a smile as she and Cassie both got up with the older woman to wander off to chat.

{Back to the visible Realm}
  That night with the girls in another guest room and the twins sleeping across the room , Ari finally had a chance to get Dean’s response to what had been revealed to them.
“So what do you think about what they said today?” she asked as she lie snuggled in his arms.
He was quiet as he began to consider what he wanted to say.
“This may sound strange but I was more shocked about the wealth of our ancestors then about Sam’s heritage.”
“Really?”
“Dad had alluded to Sam being special more times then I can count. Of course, when Sam began to have visions I thought that was what is was all about. But before Dad died he also gave me an ominous warning that if Sam used his power, meaning visions or so I thought, for evil then I was to kill him.”
“What?”
“Yeah it wasn’t something I was every going to do…I mean kill my little brother it was crazy …..”
“Did you tell Sam?”

 Yes, I did and he reacted as if I thought he would. He was almost afraid of the visions after but neither of us knew there was more to it.”
“Has he shown other signs of being different?”
That was when Dean told her about what happened the day they rescued them from Milton and Azazel.”
“Oh,” was all she could muster.
Dean went on to explain to her how the demons who attacked Ben and Alec in their car had scurried off when Sam showed up. That incident had shaken Sam though he was only able to think about after the rescue.
“Can I just say Wow?” she asked she turned over to face him.
“Yeah, Wow is a good word. I think Dad must have found out the truth before he died. He really needed me around to take care of Sam for a deeper reason.”

Meanwhile, Sam thought he better share the same things that Dean had told Ari with Sarah. She deserved to know what he was capable of doing. Though it was late, they had been up chatting with Erin and Anthony. The other two had gone off to their bed when Sam felt the need to confess.
“Shouldn’t we go to bed?” Sarah asked as Sam hesitated to move..
“Actually I need to tell you something.”
“Oh there is more?” she asked with a half smile.
Sam nodded as she sat back down beside him. 
“Okay.”
“Sarah remember how I told you I killed the thing that murdered Mom and Jess?”
“Yes and that was awesome news, I know you spent years worried about that.”
“Yes, but I,,,”
“What?”
“I may have left out some things. Sarah it’s not just visions any more…”
He explained what he meant about the things that had happened to him and around him. She only smiled up at him.

“But with your job, they’re good skills right?”
Sam thought how beautiful and accepting she was of him and it made him wish he was normal all over again. But maybe Sarah didn’t want normal, it was something he should consider.  
“Yeah, you could say that, but I have the potential to be very dangerous. I don’t want you to get hurt in the cross fire.”
“Please don’t start this again, Sam, I love you. I know the kind of man you are no matter what. I saw you get angry today and you had every right to be upset but you didn’t hurt anyone.”
Sam shook his head. She was so stubborn.
“Doesn’t all this other worldly stuff scare you?”
Sarah smiled, “It is a part of you world, it has been your life forever. Sam either you 
want me or you don’t She took his hand as he leaned down to kiss her. Erin had listened from outside of the room with a smile on her face. Good going Sam, Erin said in his head. He wasn’t surprised as he continued to kiss Sarah. Erin was a romantic despite being a Winchester. Erin walked to her room before Sarah pulled Sam off the sofa to go
to their room. Sam grinned at Sarah and decided he would save the sibling connection information for another time.

***

The next afternoon the family all gathered again; this time the twins were present. Dean didn’t want them out of his sight again.
“It is going to be hard to talk over them,” Jenny insisted as she looked over to where the boys were playing.
“Do your best,” Dean said without batting an eye.
“Go ahead, Jenny, the boys are fine,” Janice encouraged her sister as she lounged on the sofa with a cigarette in hand.
It was only a prop since she didn’t want to smoke around the boys, it was a hint for her sister to get on with the show so she could go outside and relax.

“Sam, let me start by saying there could still be some of John in you,” Jenny said with a slight smile.
“I’m Nephillim and nothing can be done about it,” he said as Sarah took his hand.
He seemed almost shy, he and Sarah had discussed the implications of what happened to Mary once they were in bed the night before.
“Seriously?” Dean asked with raised eyebrows. “He has a point,” Janice said quietly.
“But we do not know if somehow Mary was able to get some of your father’s DNA into the mix, the information we have is third hand at best,” Jenny said though the others were still talking around her.
Sam heard what she said but he believed it may have been wishful thinking.
“I think we are using the definition loosely here,” Erin added.
“But it does mean part human part fallen angel,” Dean said as all eyes landed on him.
“And a fallen angel is a….” Sam began before he was interrupted.
“Sam the way you use your gifts is what matters,” Jenny said.
“Yes, your character and your life are the key not your DNA,” Janice added.
“They’re right,” Sarah reiterated as she squeezed his hand.
The room was quiet for a moment before Dean asked a question, “What about Megan?”
The little girl looked up at him.

Janice explained that they knew from Missouri about Megan’s gift. It was a natural gift.
“Twenty percent of the world’s population have those types of gifts. Empaths and Psychics have them in a degree but others are simply more compassionate than the normal human being. They have a finely tuned nervous system that allows them to experience the world on a more intense level. It can be used for good or it can drive them
insane. Though she could just as easily become a great painter or writer or world leader, again it is how she chooses to use the gift.”
“But it can be managed without treatment or drugs?”
“Absolutely.“
“Okay can we get back to the history lesson?” Erin asked with a laugh.
 
“So we needed to discuss the monetary part of what happened in the Winchester past, right?” Janice said to get Jenny back on track.
"There was a trust set up for Mary and John but Mary refused it without telling John. She assumed he would not want any part of her family’s money. She didn’t know the fund was from both families and that if she refused it would simply sit there until someone claimed it. It could be you, Erin and your brothers or even the grandchildren. The money has been there growing interest all this time."  
“Really?” Erin said.

”What, Where, Why?” Sam asked.
The money was from the societies where our ancestors belonged. In this case, the Winchester and the Remingtons, not the gun family. they would not give the money to a family unless the family was able to complete the transaction. The transaction was intermarrying these specific families. They figured if they could not control their own children then they did not need large amounts of money. The money they were dealing with was in the millions at that time. Originally, the wanted Mary to marry Ben, John’s older brother but that was when she ran off and Ben married someone else, someone that was not on the approval list. By that time, they figured with John overseas and learning to obey rules, he would be an easier person to manipulate. In the end, he fell right into their hands.

“But mom and dad married?” Dean said as he struggled to understand.
“Right they did because the manipulations worked. That is why the money is still in trust for your family and your children.”
“Oh.”
“All you have to do is sign a form and it is yours to be divided between the three of you,” Janice said.
“Sounds to good to be true,” Dean said with a frown.
“Think of all the good you can do,” Jenny said, “It is all up to you how you use it, the amount has to be pretty much endless by now.”
Dean remembered his Dad’s finally words, I just want you to know that I am so proud of you.. before he told him about Sam. He wasn’t sure why he remembered but somehow it seemed their father was taking care of them from the grave or hell wherever he had gone. 
“So we have one uncle and two aunts, correct?” Sam asked.
“Yes, there are no relatives left on your mother’s side that we are aware of,” Jenny said a bit ominously.

“Um why is that?” Sam asked though he had known about there not being anyone left because his researched had dead-ended on his mother’s family.
“If there are any of them left then we haven't heard of them,” Janice said as she got up to head toward the patio for her cigarette break.  

The room was silent again except for the sounds of the boys playing. Anthony squeezed Erin’s hand, before Megan motioned to be pulled into Ari’s lap.  
“I’m hungry,” Amber said as she stood in front of Dean.”
Everyone laughed at that and the tension was broken.
“Well before we go have some dinner does anyone have any questions. Anything that wasn’t covered that you want to know,” Jenny asked.


TBC