Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is the final chapter in Relatives and Demons.  The next story, Secrets and Solutions starts ten years later.  Thanks for reading. 


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter Twenty

The rehearsal dinner was an old fashioned Texas barbecue catered by Erin's favorite place, Spring Creek. She had always loved to stop by on the way home from school or work to grab a sandwich or a baked potato to enjoy later. Her mouth watered with the thought of their barbecued sausages.

The wedding rehearsal hadn't taken but about thirty minutest to complete , most of the time was spent explaining to Megan why she was throwing flowers onto the ground. Erin had laughed as Amber rolled her eyes at her sister. Ari had explained patiently to the little girl that it was a tradition and she should just follow Amber and do as she did. Megan had conceded after she realized they all were waiting on her.
"Okay Aw Ri," she said shyly.
Erin thought her nieces were adorable. She felt lucky to have found her siblings when she had. They were a couple of very lucky men and she would make sure they understood that as often as possible.

Erin bit her lip as she looked around to see what the others were doing. Most were still filled their plates as they went down the buffet line. They had it set up on the grass but the patio was large enough to accommodate a large table with chairs. She caught sight of Dean as he carried one of the twins across the lawn, she could just see that it was the blonde one so it was John Michael, she had to smile to herself.

She could also hear the noise of the other children as they ran around with little interest in eating. Alec had brought his wife and their two boys who were five and six years old. His wife, who was a petite Brunette named Tammy, was nice. She had met her a few times over the years. Her uncle, Ben, who was going to take her down the aisle had come with his wife, Gina, also which rounded out the group except for her two best girl friends from work, and the groomsmen who were Anthony's brothers.
Anthony was one of three boys whose parents had died in a car accident five years before. They were all tall good looking Italians from a good sturdy bloodline of Costa.

Anthony’s best friend, Milo, was out of town on business until the next morning so he hadn’t been able to make the rehearsal. He promised he would be able to walk a straight line down the aisle so Anthony had let him slide with only a warning that he better not ruin their wedding. Erin laughed at the thought of her gentle fiancée rolling his eyes at the promise.

Suddenly she snapped back to reality when she felt Anthony’s hand run along her leg. She looked up and into his brown eyes.
“You okay? You getting nervous?” he asked with a grin.
“No I was thinking about that stripper we had at the bachorlette party last night,” she teased him.
Anthony raised his eyebrow but grinned at her. The men’s stag get together had been all about bonding at the local bar while the girls had gone off to a fancy dinner. Anthony knew there was no stripper involved, or at least he had assumed.
“Really?”
“Oh I didn’t mention that when we came back? He also was a tall muscular brunette, I think Italian. Just blame aunt Janice,” she said with a twinkle in her eyes.
He shook his head before he kissed her cheek, he knew she was kidding.

Ari and Sarah showed up with the twins to sit by them a few minutes later.
“Hey you two, so they are going to do the set up in the morning?” Ari asked with a smile.
“Yes, the tent, the gazebo the chairs, they are coming early so I’m sure we will all be up at the crack of dawn,” Erin said with a yawn.
“Sounds exciting,” Sarah said as she played with Braeden in her lap while she looked out over the expanse of yard to find Sam.

She saw him chasing one of the little boys, Alec’s son, before he picked him up to twirl him around. The sight gave her butterflies in her stomach. She loved Sam so much. Whatever he was he wasn’t evil, she was convinced of that.
“You okay?” Ari asked as she noticed Sarah’s facial expression had changed though she seemed content.
“Yeah, I’m fine.”
***
It was about a half hour after the pastor left to go home that Jenny went up to bed. She said goodnight to everyone and winked at Erin. Erin knew despite the strain in their relationship giving her the wedding was important to her aunt. Janice stayed outside with the others. She grinned at the younger couples as she sipped her wine.
Alec and Tammy sat as they talked to Sam and Sarah. Their boys ran around as the followed Amber and Megan. All four seemed to have slowed down from earlier but refused to be ready to go to bed.
“So how long you think they will last?” Tammy said to Alec.
Alec grinned at his sons, “I don’t know you know how energetic they can be.
Sam laughed, “Sounds like you too have as much fun as Dean with his bunch.”
Alec smiled, this was the first day that he had a chance to spend real time with both brothers in a calm situation.

Meanwhile, Dean and Ari readied the twins to take them inside. They gathered up the diaper bag a well as the portable crib.
“Hey we will be back in a bit,” Ari said as she followed Dean who carried Braeden.
“We’ll be here, take your time,” Erin said with a wink as Ari laughed to herself.

When the couple and the boys were out of sight Erin turned in Anthony’s arms.
“Well you do know you are sleeping at your apartment tonight, right?”
Anthony moved his fingers over Erin’s nose before he pulled her to his chest for a long sultry kiss. Her hands went around his back as she immediately had second thoughts about not sleeping with him that night. Who needs tradition, she thought. Anthony pushed his tongue into her mouth before Erin moaned against his lips.
“No, I’m not changing my mind,” she said just as her pal, Jillian came onto the patio to say they were leaving.

“Okay see you tomorrow,” Erin said as she cleared her throat.
Anthony’s brothers had disappeared with her girlfriends after dinner, she had a feeling they went to make out some where. Every now and again she had seen them talking to one of her siblings but the twinkle in Jillian’s eyes was apparent even in the twilight.
“Wait,” Erin said to her friend’s retreating back.
Jillian turned around, with a hand on her hip and a grin on her face, “Yeah?”
“Did you have fun tonight?”
“Oh we had a great time,” she bit her lip as Anthony laughed, “I always liked Anthony’s brothers,” she added.
“See you later,” Anthony said.

Dean and Ari put the boys down in their portable cribs. The two little ones were sound asleep as soon as their heads hit the pillows. The two adults watched them rest for a few moments before they decided to take advantage of the time alone. They liked to watch them sleep though neither had ever confessed it to the other. They had no idea how natural it was to enjoy that activity.
“So are we going back out right away,” Ari asked in a whisper as she raised her eyebrow at him. He took her hand and led her back towards the bed where he sat down then pulled her into his lap.

His hands roamed under her shirt as he kissed her longingly on the lips. She was flat on the bed before she had a chance to think. He peppered her neck with kisses while he reached to unbutton her blouse. Her hands were on his neck and face as she tried to keep up with him. He seemed a bit in a hurry.
“Dean? Dean, hold on,” she said as she moved away from him.
Her heart was pounding hard in her chest but one of them had to think logically. He looked down at her as though he had no idea why she had stopped him, “What?”

“We should lock the door,” she said as she bit her lip.
His expression changed from annoyed to understanding as he got up to take care of the door. She pushed him against the wall when he came near her again. He pulled her to his chest before he brought his lips down on hers again. She unzipped his pants and moved them over his hips as they continued to kiss. She dropped her panties to save time before he picked her up and turned so she was flat against the wall.

He slid easily inside of her moist cavern. She held in a moan as it threatened to escaper her lips. While they made love she caressed his firm bottom as he moved against her. The entire time he kissed her slowly and deliberate. His heart was in overdrive as they came together. Before he came she looked up into his green eyes to smile at him. Dean smirked.
“I’m sorry,” he said a minute later as he put her down then pulled up his boxers and zipped his pants.
“Don’t worry about it, we should get back outside with the others.”

After she had adjusted her clothing and put her underwear back on he pulled her into his arms.
“I love you so much,” he confessed.
“I know, I love you too. We haven’t had much time alone it was getting to me too,” she said as she bit her lip against his shoulder.
He moved her back to look in her eyes, “Not a good thing for either of us I guess,” he said with a small smile. But it was nothing that a quickie couldn’t cure for them.
“This will be all over soon and we can get back to normal,” she said as she touched his cheek. She put her arms around his neck after he leaned back from her a little.
“I don’t ever want to be with anyone else, do you know that?” she asked as she looked in his eyes.

Part of him didn’t understand how she could love him though he felt he had every reason to love her. She was kind, gentle, warm, understanding and beautiful.
“I do now,” he said as he looked shyly at her while he moved a strand of hair behind her ear.
“Don’t forget it okay, no matter what happens.”
He nodded as he kissed her again, this time gently but with much meaning, before they checked to make certain the boys were still sleep soundly before they left the room. Dean wouldn’t forget it and he wanted to be extra kind to his woman, the woman who had sworn to love him forever on their own wedding day and again a few minutes before. He hoped she never had cause to reconsider.
***
The next morning it was barely seven o’clock when the wedding preparations began outside. Everyone seemed to be milling about by the time Ari and Dean had the kids ready. They all ate their breakfast and made their plans for the day. The wedding was to be mid afternoon and they all had hair appointments and such preparations needed to be cared for.
The ladies were going to the salon with the children to get manicures as well as up do’s. The men had to get their tuxedoes and come back to help with the set up for the wedding. It was a plan made to save time.

“So Dean, you and Ari were married at the courthouse, right?” Anthony asked as they got in his SUV when he arrived to pick them up.
“Yeah, it was all about timing it is a long story. She didn’t mind and I never thought I would get married,” Dean replied as he smiled at Sam who had gotten in the front because of his long legs.
“In your line of work I could understand that. Looks like you chose the right woman, she does not seem to mind your work.”
“No she doesn’t, I am glad I chose her.”
“You mean she chose you right?” Sam asked as they backed out of the drive way.
“Same difference, college boy,” Dean teased his brother.
Anthony laughed at the two of them.

The ladies had fun taking turns watching the twins as they all took turns with the different stylist. The girls were good as they had their hair rolled and pinned so they would look perfect later on. Megan was fussy at first but when she saw that Amber behaved she settled down.
***
At two on the dot, the music began and the wedding started. Erin peeked out from her old room of stairs and was convinced all one hundred guests had arrived. She bit her lip as her aunt came up to get her and tell her that her turn was imminent.
“Thanks for everything Aunt Jenny, I really appreciate this. You feel free to visit whenever you like, okay?”
“You look beautiful my dear, that cream color is perfect,” Jenny said as she looked her niece over.
Jenny hugged her tight, “Of course dear, now we have to go down or they all will wonder what happened to the bride your uncle Ben is waiting,“ the older lady said as she looked at Erin with her eyes full of tears. John would be so proud, she thought.

Erin smiled when she saw the bridesmaids in their spaces, their pale gold off the shoulder dresses sparkled as the chiffon material glistened in the reflection of the sun. The little flower girls, Megan and Amber waited impatiently, in their pale gold dresses, as they tried to be still too. Then Erin eyed Alec’s son, Chris, who was the ring bearer and could only smile as he looked up at her in his little brown suit that matched the men’s wedding attire.

Her calf length lace dress fit her body perfectly as she swayed confidently down the aisle. The fitted heart shaped bodice emphasized her curves and Anthony felt lucky to be alive but also lucky to have found Erin. Dean cleared his throat as Erin handed her bouquet to her maid of honor, Ari. Erin had to smile at Sam as he gave her a wink before the pastor begin the service. She tried not to grin but with her brothers at her side she was bursting with joy. Stop it you too, she said in her head. They all smiled as Erin became Mrs. Anthony Costa.
**

After the ceremony, they reception was held at the Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas in a small ballroom. It was a half hour drive but it was beautiful and the place Erin had always wanted to have her wedding reception. What they thought might be a sedate affair turned out to be fun with the children all over the place playing while the grown ups danced.
“So you are an old married lady now,” Sam said as he danced while he danced to a slow song with his sister.
“I suppose but I think Anthony and I will work out well, hell, he travels all the time and I hope to go hunting with you and Dean often. We have to get the rest of the supernatural mystery figured out before the twins are twelve, right?”
Sam smiled. He was going to love having Erin around.
“Oh and when are you going to make an honest woman out of Sarah?”
“Don’t worry about that, we have our plans,” Sam said mysteriously.
***

That night after all the guests had gone the siblings and their significant others went up to Anthony and Erin’s suite to hang out together. The children had gone home with aunt Jenny and aunt Janice with little resistance since they were all tired from two days of strenuous playing and relatives.

“You sure you want us in here?” Ari asked with a grin as she looked around the massive room.
There was a large den, fireplace, a wet bar and walk-out balcony with patio furniture
“Yes, we got a large room so we could party til dawn,” Erin said with as smile at her sister in law.
Dean walked over to the wet bar to see what was stocked only to pull out a bottle of whiskey.
“Oh yeah, now your talking.” he said as he filled a glass before he offered it to Sam who laughed at him.
Sarah grinned as she and the ladies went out to the patio to take in the view, this spending time with Sam is going to be an adventure, she thought.
“Our plane desn’t leave for Maui til noon tomorrow take off your shoes and relax,” Anthony said as he pulled off his bowtie before he smiled at his brothers in law.


THE END of Story Three