Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 dean and Erin

Dean with Erin

 

 

After they had checked out all the other houses they had to consider the unthinkable, that Milton had them at his house all along. Dean slammed the car door as they got out. No one else spoke as he stumped off to the back yard to sit out on the patio. Erin frowned as Sam decided he would be the brave one to go deal with his brother’s wrath. He only just turned the corner when Dean started in on him.
“What in the hell are you thinking. We can’t keep going out and coming home empty handed, these people that are missing, are ……”
“Dean we know. It’s not like we are going slowly on purpose but we couldn’t show up at Milton’s like you did last time. It would be no help for you to be rotting in jail.”
Dean racked his hands through his hair. He hadn’t shaved, he didn’t remember the last time he had showered, none of it was as important as Ari and the kids.

He stared at Sam who looked as stressed out as Dean felt.
“What is going on in that head of yours?” Dean asked as the others dared to come join them as the sun set below the horizon.
Sam waited until everyone was seated.
“I think they took your family to get to me,” Sam said shyly.
“What?” Ben asked.
“I’ve been thinking about a vision I had before we moved.”
“A vision? You never mentioned a vision to me,” Dean said as he stood up with anger in his face.
“Dean please.”
Erin looked at her elder brother “give him a chance.”
Dean conceded as he sat back down.
“In the vision I saw the yellow eyed demon; he said he had plans for me. He also said that I would lose everything that was special to me. Then he promised that when I lost it all I would be free.”
Dean stood up again, “What in the hell is that supposed to mean? Lose all of who? And and why would you not tell me about this? Damn it Sam all of what we are going through could have been avoided,” Dean said as he hovered over Sam’s face with his finger pointed at him.

Sam stood up and he seemed to tower over Dean.
“I never wanted the vision to come true and I certainly never meant for the people you love to be taken even for a moment,” Sam said as he got up and left the patio.
“You should go after him,” Ben said.
Dean only glared at his uncle, he was in no mood to take advice. He wanted to be stubborn he wanted his brother to see what his lack of initiative had done to him. He wanted a moment to absorb the burden Sam had carried in silence. But he only had a moment before he heard the sound of the truck as Sam took off.
“Sh*t,” Dean said as he ran around to the side of the house to see his brother leaving. There was a collective sigh as all the relatives had the same thought, Sam is going to Miltons.

***
Amber looked up at Ari as they colored on the sofa. The boys were both asleep and if it had not been for the fact that they were being held captive, they might have enjoyed their surroundings.
“Mommy, when is Daddy coming?”
Ari caressed her daughters’ cheeks, “As soon as he figures out how to get us out of her safely, Sweetie.”
“Huh?”
“If he just rushed in and grabbed us someone might get hurt so he has to get everything ready so we are all safe.”
“Okay, I miss him.”
“So do I, Sweetie.”

Ari swallowed when the door opened and a dark haired man walked in. It was the man from the day before who had been talking to himself. On second glance, she saw that he had weird yellow eyes not the black eyes like the others. She didn’t move from her position but only glared at him as he paced back and forth in front of the wall of light.
“You know there are things about this family that I could tell you that would curl your hair,” he said.
Ari only listened she figured she would learn more by being observant.
“For instance, your mother-in-law is responsible for that light that is keeping you safe.”
“My mother in law is dead,” Ari said with the hope that even though this thing in front of her was evil he might share some information that would help them later on.
“She may be dead in your world but she is alive and feisty in my world,” he said with a grin.
“We live in one world.”
“You are correct but there are two sides to it. I know you are an intelligent woman despite the way you have, shall I say, earned your money in the past.”
Ari blushed as she tried not lose her temper. Why did the keep bringing up her past, maybe to make her feel inferior and not worth saving.

Suddenly she had doubts about Dean coming to save them. Maybe I need to find a plan to get out on my own, she thought. No that is crazy he loves me, we only just got married. The yellow-eyed demon watched her he knew he had struck some sort of chord in her mind. She didn’t seem as brave as when he first walked in. But he knew he would need months to break her down to where she wanted to kill herself and her children. A slow torturous death would have been so much better but Mary had to get involved. He grunted to himself. Dean marrying an ex hooker, it was all so typical. The Winchester’s had always tried to be do-gooders as if that would led them to the promised land and the revenge they sought so single-mindedly.

“When I married a Winchester I became a Winchester, what business do they have with you?”
“I killed Mary Winchester and Jessica Moore.”
Ari could only stare at the man, she had no idea. Dean had been brief to say the least in the details of what happened to his mother. She remember something about her dying on the ceiling with her stomach slashed. They had not discussed it in detail, she trusted Dean then she had fallen in love with him. She never thought he would lie to her so she may have been left in the dark because they had moved so fast in their relationship.
“What are you?”
“A demon, they call me Azazel, I am in charge here.”
Ari went back to staring at him, to her he looked like a man with yellow eyes but she knew better than to let her guard down. Demons did their best work by the power of suggestion.
“If we were not protected would you kill us?”
“Yes.”
Ari swallowed. Oh Lord, please send help as soon as possible.
“Why? What are you trying to prove?”
“Don’t worry your pretty head, we have a plan. Though you are not in it, so if I were you I would enjoy the time with my children,” he said as he left the room.
Ari took a deep breath as Amber looked up at her again, she had been quiet the entire time, which was unusual.
“Bad man, Mommy.”
“I know.”

***
Cassie was not sure why Dean had not called her back the night before but decided he was probably concentrating on his mission. She paced as she decided if she wanted to call him again. Megan seemed to be getting worse, the little girl was lost in her own world and it frightened Cassie.
“Mommy,” Megan said from the other room.
Cassie ran into find her daughter packing her little suitcase.
“Megan what are you doing?”
“Rae needs me Mommy,” she said in earnestness.
Cassie sat down on the bed and pulled her daughter into her lap.
“Tell me who is Rae and why he needs you first.”
Then Megan was gone again she looked off into space as if someone was there that Cassie could not see.
“Meg?”
That was when she knew she should have left a different message for Dean but she decided on a whim to call Missouri instead.

Missouri picked up on the first ring.
“How is she Cassie?”
“What?”
“How is Megan?”
“Um, I don’t know she is not acting normal, Missouri I don’t know what to do,” she said as she watched her daughter as she sat on her bed.
“Don’t worry Honey, I am almost there.”
Cassie was speechless, “Okay we are waiting but Megan wants to go to Rae and I think she means Braeden.”
Missouri took a deep breath, “Yeah well that’s okay we can talk when I get there.”
Cassie only held the phone when Missouri hung up, she didn’t think she would ever get used to weird happenings all around her.

Megan came to give her a hug once she finally relinquished the phone.
“I love you Mommy,” the little girl said as though nothing odd was happening.
Cassie sighed, she would leave the questions until Missouri arrived, and she definitely needed a new viewpoint on the situation. Her mother, Diane, was off at the doctors office and her aunt had gone back home. Cassie waited as Megan went back to packing.

***
No time was wasted as the relatives gathered in Erin’s car while Dean roared ahead of them in the Impala. He had made sure someone took care of the salt lines before he went after his brother. Dean wondered when Sam became a hot head as he caught up to him at the first stop light. He was about to pull out the cell to call him but he saw a cop on his tail and decided against it. Luckily, Sam and Dean took the left turn while the policeman continued on the straight path. Dean let out a sigh of relief as he pushed in the speed dial number for his brother. Of course, Sam did not pick up.

I don’t want to wreck my car, I don’t want to wreck my car, he said as he speeded up on the two lane road to pass Sam and stop dead in front of him. As expected the truck came to a screeching halt in the Impala’s bumper. Dean grimaced as he closed his eyes a second before he jumped out of the vehicle to go to the truck and drag his annoying little brother out of it.
“What are you doing? You know we need a plan before we go in that man’s house again. You make plans to go see people we never met in our lives but you are just going to go to Milton’s half cocked? You do realize old Yellow Eyes is probably lying in wait for you?”
Sam only glared at Dean before Dean slammed him against the truck.
“Snap the hell out of it, stop feeling sorry for yourself. We need to do this right,” Dean insisted as he saw Erin’s SUV pull up in front of the Impala.
They all needed to get out the road quickly before they drew any more attention then a few passing cars who looked and kept going.
Erin came over to help, “Tell Ben to drive your car back,” Dean said as he threw her the Imapala’s keys before he got in Sam’s face again.
“Dude get in the truck we need to go back at least so we can plan until it’s dark,” Dean said in a pleading voice this time.
Sam removed Dean’s hands from his tee shirt as he did what his brother asked.

TBC