Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

road house alec

 

 

 A few hours later they took off toward Miltons home. Dean had dread in his heart because he was afraid of what they would find. He and Sam drove in the truck while the others including Chet road in the SUV. Dean was not ready to face the damage to his beloved vehicle and his car was too memorable to be seen leaving what they were certain would be a crimes scene when they were done. The elder man had been happy to come along to help them solve the mystery once they told him the situation with most of the details intact. Sam had been reluctant but they were sure the more eyes available as look- outs for cops or other people around was what they needed. 

The plan was to get in and out as fast a possible to head to their other house about thirty miles away. They bought it with the hopes that they would only need it for a place to hang out when the scenery in their area became boring. Now they were glad for their foresight. It was purchased in an entirely different name from the house where they lived. Sam had gone alone and bought it soon after they moved to Hustisford. 

Once they were in Miltons long driveway Erin called the brothers for last minute instructions. 
“I think we should park down here near the end behind the trees in case we need a quick get away,” she said to Dean after he picked up his cell. 
“Good idea, we will go up about half way and do the same,” he said before he hung up. 
Chet, Ben, Alec and Erin spread out once they all walked closer to the house. They kept their eyes peeled for Miltons employees wandering the grounds but saw no one. 

Sam pulled out the walkie talkie then told Erin to follow them up closer to the house while the others stayed farther out. She agreed and walked slowly in the shadows and Sam went with Dean went to the door. They knocked three times before Milton opened the door with anger in his face. 
“What the hell? You back to finish what you began yesterday?” he asked right before Dean pushed him inside the house. 
“Where are …” was all Dean got out before he was flung across the room by an unseen force. 
Sam saw him flying and raced into the house where the door seem to shut on it’s own. Erin stood on the other side as she scanned the area quickly before she pulled out her gun. 

Inside, Sam fumed. He was passed angry as he saw the yellow eyed demon as he sat lazily on the sofa with a grin. 
“Welcome Sam.” 
“I have nothing to say to you.” 
Dean got up rubbing his arm before he was grabbed by two men with black eyes. He struggled to be free of them but his attention was on his younger brother who was angrier than he had ever seen him. Sam reached to grab the yellow eyed by his collar and pulled him up off the sofa with one swift movement. 
“Where are they? You want me, not them. Let them go.” 
“Oh now you want to join us, why Sam I am charmed but that isn’t how it works.” 
“Let them go,” Sam said as he moved his hand and the man who was coming from behind him went flying against the wall. 
Milton stood in shock and was hit in the face by the door as Erin decided to test it and opened it in his face. She came in with her weapon drawn. 
“What the hell, Sam?” she thought. 
“Things are under control,” he thought as Dean as well as Erin looked at him. 
“We can do this,” Erin said aloud as she reached behind her to throw the minion who had attempted to walk up on her across the room in one swift motion. 
Dean still struggled against his two captors but was a bit impressed with his siblings, for a moment he felt pride. 

“Oh, this is Erin, the hidden child. The one your parents decide to keep out of the spotlight. Oh wait for a time such as this,” the demon had the nerve to say though he was hanging in the air from Sam’s strong hands. Sam realized though he had him that the thing could get away from him if he wanted. He simply dropped him and let him fall on the floor with a thud. 
“Sammy, focus, I know you are upset but we need to get to our reason for coming,” Dean thought as he saw Erin nod. 
Sam put his foot on the yellowed leg before he squatted down in front of his face. 
“I will ask you one more time,” Sam said between clenched teeth. 
“All that anger isn’t good Sammy, you may want to pull back on it for a bit. It will only make you do something you will regret. 
“I really doubt it.” 
Then there was a high pitched scream that seemed to be coming from the floor that echoed through the house. Dean chose that moment to release himself from the two men that held him, as he stomped on one of their feet and as the man let go of him in pain he punched the other guy in the face. Erin was there to help in a flash. It took them only a few seconds to knock both of the men unconscious as Milton could only sit dumbfounded on the floor as he rubbed his aching nose. He sighed, what had he gotten himself into. 

Ever since the demons had shown up they had used him and he spent quite a bit of time throwing up between possessions. He wasn’t even sure how it had all begun. He did know he needed a doctor or the dehydration was going to kill him. He was weak from being hit by the door, besides. He had never wanted anyone to be hurt he had only seen Ari and allowed his obsession to take over. He had certainly learned his lesson. Though how it all happened was still more than a bit of a mystery to him. He did feel that Ari’s husband was the key. The demons had taken over his home, possessed his help and moved in as though they were invited. He didn’t need to be Catholic to realize belatedly that his lust had gotten the best of him in the worse way. For a moment after the first possession he had seriously considered seeing a priest. He promised himself if he lived through the day he would try to be a better person. 

After tying up the two men, Erin and Dean rushed toward the sound which seemed to certainly be a baby’s cry. Dean was angry and concerned all at once. They found the stairs to the basement in the kitchen. Dean looked back to make sure Sam was still in control of the situation before he followed Erin down. 
“Sam, you got this?” 
“Go find them, Dean, I’m fine.” 
The yellow eyed only stared at him. 

Once they were down the stairs they saw that it was a furnished basement with several rooms. The sound seemed to have stopped by the time they found from behind which door it was coming from. There was a window at the top and Dean could see inside. But the bright light he saw first thing almost blinded him. He blinked before he tried the door handle. It was open and he went in not sure what he would find but certainly not what lay before him. Most of the room was laid out like a family room, but once again the light was bright as it surrounded his family that seemed to be sitting quietly on the sofa. 
“Dean, you came,” Ari said almost breathless to see him. 
Dean reached out to touch the light and though his hand went through it he hesitated. Erin was in awe and stood quietly behind him. Why do I think this is Mom’s doing, she thought. 
“How, how do I get you out?” he asked still uncertain. 
“Call the baby,” Ari said as she put a calmer John back in the crib and picked up Braeden. 
“What?” 
“I think it’s Braeden, Dean, call his name.” 
But when the baby saw his father he smiled and the light faded. Dean could only smile back at his child as he reached to pull him into his arms. 
“Hey guys, we might need to hurry this up,” Erin said as she went back to the door to see if anyone was coming. 
“Daddy,” Amber said as she saw Dean after Ari awakened her. 

When they first stepped out of the room they heard noises outside the basement windows. Erin looked to see Ben hitting someone in the face, it looked like a tall dark haired man but she could not see that well. Whomever it was would be out a while. She found it refreshing that her family had such skills. She explained to Dean quietly what she had seen before she picked up Amber to carry her as she followed the others. 

Sam pulled the colt out of the back of his pants as soon as he heard his siblings going down the stairs. He glared at the demon as he pushed harder down on his leg. He did not see Alec as he looked in the window with shock on his face. Alec motioned for Ben to come see what was happening. 
“I think Sam has it under control,” Alec said. 
“Yeah maybe too much, but I think he knows what he is doing.” 
“Do you think that is the demon?” Alec asked. 
Ben nodded as they left the window to circle back around to keep watching the perimeter. 

Meanwhile, Cassie watched Missouri as she sat outside with Megan. The little girl was calm as she looked up at the older lady. Cassie sighed. Missouri had informed her that her daughter had a gift. The gift involved not only her but also her siblings. According to the older lady, when Braeden met Megan there was an instant connection between the two of them. Missouri insisted that John’s reaction had been less dramatic but she felt his personality was the cause. Cassie didn’t think she would ever understand it all and she determined it was best that she and Dean had not gotten together. The realization made her sad because deep down she knew she still loved him though Megan was the only part of him she would ever truly have. She bit her lip as she heard the two of them come back inside. 

“Hey, you are Sam right?” Milton asked as he began to gain his strength back. 
“Kind of busy here,” Sam said before he looked over to see that the man was in dire straights as he tried to hold his head up to stop his nose from bleeding. 
Sam’s compassion kicked in as he tried to think of how to keep the yellow eyed in his grip and help Milton. They really didn’t need for the guy to die. Sam reached carefully in his pocket for the walkie talkie and called in Alec. 

When he came in the door Alec saw that Sam still had the gun pointed at the man who was sitting on the floor glaring at him. 
“Shoot me already.” 
“Shut up,” Sam growled. 
“What’s up?” Alec asked a bit nervous. 
“Help the guy up over there and get him some ice.” 
Alec did what he was told as he tried to ignore his cousin’s precarious position. 
“Should I um call Dad inside to help?” 
“No we’re good,” Sam said as he dragged the yellow eyed up off the floor and guided him into the next room. 
He didn’t want any witnesses, because he was going to shoot him and feel good about it. 

Yellow eyes had plans for Sam, plans to make him leader of his army of special children. Though he wondered how Sam stayed so calm and in control of himself. He actually admired that about him as he watched him straddle a chair after tying him to a him up with an extension cord he found in the room. The yellow eyed contemplated how he was going to make him into the man he needed for the job of leadership. However, Sam had other plans. 
“So why me?” 
“Oh you, were a gift to me from some close to you. Someone let’s say you never knew.” 
Sam’s nostrils flared because there was no mistaking whom he meant. 
“You are a liar and I do not believe your lies,” he shouted as he stood up, pointed the colt at the demon and shot three bullets into him. 
Though Sam knew he was dead instantly as he saw the life leave him in a puff of putrid yellow smoke. A second later, there was nothing but dust on the floor. He felt only relief as he took a deep breath before he left the room. He refused to think of what the yellow eyed had told him, he would consider his words later, maybe. Sam’s only regret was that Dean and Dad had not been there to witness the death of the one that had wrecked havoc on their family. 

Everyone was gathered in the living room when Sam came out. They all looked toward him to make sure that he was okay. Dean volunteered the information that the demons had left the bodies of the two men immediately after the gunshots were sounded. He bounced Braeden in his arms as he relished having his child near. Erin could only grin at her brother because though he tried to hide it he was delighted to see his family as he should have been. Ben and Alec had bandaged up Milton who did not seem in a great mood but sat at his kitchen table inhaling a bowl of cereal as though he had not eaten in years. 

Dean cleared his throat, “Hey Milton, you have anything to say?” 
“Who the hell are you people that you have the type of enemies that can do this kind of thing? If I hadn’t gone through all this and experienced the weirdness I wouldn't have believed it,” he said between bites. 
“If we tell you we will have to kill you,” Dean said as they began to file out of the house. 
Ari stayed back for a moment as John held on to her shoulder. 
“I’m sorry about all this,” Milton apologized. 
“Me too,” she said before she met Dean at the door as he waited for her. 

*** 
Later that night, Dean watched Ari and Amber as they slept. The little girl lie between her parents with her feet on Dean’s stomach. The boys were sound asleep in their cribs after the time away from their home. Dean hoped they would have no memory of what had happened, it was all he could do about it, and that disturbed him. He wanted more than anything else to keep his children safe, yet he felt powerless. He knew in his heart that as Sam had told him more than once, he was only one man. Dean looked at Ari again and his heart clenched, she had trusted him with her love, her life, and their children and he had failed. With a huge sigh he shook his head, focus on the present, they are safe. 

It had been a busy few hours for everyone. They had been able to leave Milton’s unscathed, something he was very thankful for. He and Sam had spoken only briefly since Sam blew away the yellow eyed demon. Erin, Chet, Alec and Ben had been as tired as Dean’s rescued family and their home was quiet as everyone rested despite the fact that it was close to eight in the morning. Even Sammy Doo lay by the door snoozing which made Dean grin, if a dog could think he guessed Sammy Doo was as relieved as the rest to have everyone back home. 

The message from Cassie saying that Missouri was visiting her because she needed to get a handle on what was going on with their daughter had actually been a blessing to Dean. With all that had gone on in the last few days he was afraid Cassie would think that he had stopped caring about Megan though it was far from the truth. Dean was relieved to her the little girl was getting help from someone they all trusted, he made a mental note to call later in the day. 

Meanwhile, Sam tried to rest though his mind was full of questions. He sighed as he went over the words the demon had tortured him with. How did Mom get involved with the supernatural? Then he remembered Mary had told him she was sorry. There has to be more to this, I can’t believe my mother would set me up to live a life of anger, confusion and most of all, evil. He tried to close his eyes to relax, to take time to enjoy the fact that their big back wolf was dead. He wanted to think of the surprise Erin had promised him, just maybe he would have some time of hope in his life, at least for a while. The demon be damned, he deserved a break and he planned to take one. Well, we all know about the best laid plans of man, right. 

TBC 
Pls leave feedback.