Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Jeremy walked up behind Bonnie before she could respond to Lucy’s statement. Even though it wasn’t that Bonnie would want to hear the explanation standing in Elena’s front yard. She gave her cousin a knowing look.

“Hey, you must be Cassie?” he said before Bonnie realized he was close enough to her to beathe down her neck. She turned around to look up at him but he was looking over at Cassie.

Cassie smiled at the handsome young man. “Yes, that I am. Who are you?” she asked with a slight smile. She did love to flirt. There was something about being a vampire that had made her even more outgoing than before. She could tell that Jeremy was young but he was quite handsome too. Something about him reminded her of Dean. She couldn’t think on him it only made her sad. She bit her lip as she looked at Bonnie.

Bonnie stuttered, “Oh this is Jeremy, Elena’s brother and my um boyfriend.”

Cassie raised her eyebrows, “Well nice to meet you Jeremy, I guess you all keep close relations around here,” she said teasingly with a slight southern accent as she tried to break the awkward moment.

“Hey, no need to meet in the front yard,” Jenna said as they all turned at the sound of her opening the front door. She walked down the porch but was stopped by the sound of Bonnie’s voice.

Bonnie rolled her eyes before she turned around. “Sorry Jenna I have to get Cassie home before my dad leaves again he wants to say hello. He will be gone for a couple of weeks,” Bonnie said before she turned to walk way.

Jenna stopped in her path at Bonnie’s words.

“Thanks for the hospitality, sorry we have to run, ” Cassie said before she followed Bonnie with Lucy behind her.

“See you soon,” Lucy said without turning around again. She knew she was in for a good tongue lashing from Bonnie. She had promised her that she would stay out of the vampires plans before and after she had returned to Mystic Falls.

She hadn’t kept her promise on either front. She returned to Mystic Falls only to fall into the arms of Damon Salvatore. The same Damon who suddenly stood in her path even though he had waited off to the side of the yard to watch the goings on for that few moments that they had stood near the cars.

“Honey Bum, I been waiting for you,” he said with a wicked grin. He actually licked his lips as his eyes lit up.

Lucy sighed, “I’ll be along shortly. You know I do have a job and a life besides pleasing you in your bedroom,” she said in a teasing whisper. Damon raised his eyebrows. “Really? Okay, well since I don’t have a job or a life I expect you to be at my beck and call,” he said as he traced his cold hands over her face. She was immediately mesmerized by his cool blue eyes but not enough to give into him.

“We all can’t have our way,” Lucy said as she moved away from him. “I’ll be along shortly, I promise,” she said with a wink this time.

Damon left it at that as he watched them go out of sight of Jenna. He stood back with his arms crossed he really needed to start driving more; it would have been less obvious with those not in the know about his situation he looked up and smiled at Jenna who seemed to be looking for a vehicle for him.

“Yeah Jenna I will be back later,” Jeremy started to say before Bonnie stopped him. “I need to talk with the two of them alone first maybe you can bring Lucy’s car later and I can bring you back,” Bonnie whispered with her hand on Jeremy’s arm.

“Um sure just give me a call,” Jeremy said with a smile and a quick kiss.

Jenna saw the display and grimaced before she went back inside. She had nothing against Bonnie but after years of being Elena’s best friend it seemed an odd change of pace. It wasn’t up to her though Jeremy was only sixteen going on seventeen but he was mature and she was just his aunt. Her input was not welcome and at least she knew Bonnie was a good girl.

--Elena saw the gesture from the window of her room where she sat talking with Steffan who had been waiting as she arrived upstairs.

“So what’s up with this new lady? Cassie?” Stefan asked before Elena snuggled in his arms.

“I don’t know for sure she is somehow related to Bonnie and Lucy. She wanted a fresh start and Lucy suggested Mystic Falls. I don’t know why with all the drama and Katherine in the tomb,” she said a she turned into Stefan. “Do you think she is a witch too?” she asked as he shrugged. She would have a talk with Bonnie later and perhaps get a bit of insight though Bonnie could be closed mouth at times.

--

Stefan hated lying to Elena but sometimes he liked that she was unaware of a lot of things that didn’t directly involve her. Of course Stefan had been briefed about Cassie because Damon had informed him as soon as he found out she had arrived. Lucy had bet him that Cassie would chicken out and owed him a debt of naughty consequences. He had gone on about it, Stefan thought, it had annoyed him to no end.

All the years he was apart from Damon he never thought Damon would show up to have a life in the same town with him. He also never considered his brother would be so active with women. He hadn’t meditated on it at all but he almost, wished that Damon would get his own place except their home was large enough for a family of six.

“Hey did you hear me?” she pouted.

“Yes I did and I am sure we will find out all the details in the days to come,” he said before he leaned into kiss her.

TBC