Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter is longer I hope you enjoy.


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter Three

 

The car ride to Bonnie’s house was uneasy for all those involved. Bonnie tried to focus on the road while Lucy explained about the incident at the bar. Cassie was quiet because she realized she wasn’t completely innocent in regards to what had happened to her. Her drinking had allowed her inhibitions to be lowered to the point that she had gone outside with a guy to his car which was her own fault.

“Bonnie I wished I could take it back every day, but you have to understand even though I didn’t want to be a vampire pawn I admittedly had gotten used to it,” Lucy confessed, “there was the whole thing about them not killing me too at least at first.”

Bonnie couldn’t believe it. Lucy hadn’t said much about Cassie coming to Mystic Falls which really should have given her all the details she needed. If Lucy was happy everyone knew about it. She was generally an expressive carefree person. All the while they had discussed Cassie coming to town she had been quiet and almost forlorn Bonnie thought.

Maybe it was her own fault she had been so wrapped up in her new relationship with Jeremy and drama with Katherine and Elena that she hadn’t taken the time to consider that Lucy’s sudden reserve manner had been a sign of a problem.

“Okay well nothing can be done about it now,” Bonnie said in a frustrated voice.

“Yes its been two years and they have artificial blood these days. The only thing about is that it doesn’t allow you to be as strong as those that drink human blood,” Cassie said with an almost forlornness in her voice. She had tasted blood before even though it was animal blood. Something inside of her stretched and she could feel her face contorting as the veins came to the surface. Lucy saw her face in the mirror. “You need to get that under control,” Lucy warned Cassie.

Cassie glared at her, “Fine, but you will have to forgive me if I end up draining someone’s pet I do need real strength from time to time,” Cassie insisted.

Bonnie cringed, “Well luckily this area is full of woods with plenty of wild life at least it has been in the past. On the other hand with Damon running around there maybe fewer than before. He has his moods so its best to stay far away when he is having a bad day,” Bonnie said. She didn’t want Cassie to get hurt because she would have to get in Damon’s face over it and they were might be a new war in Mystic Falls.

“That reminds me he is waiting for me if you can have your little friend bring my car I would appreciate it,” Lucy said as they stopped in front of Bonnie’s house to see her father going toward his own car.

Bonnie stopped the car in record time to get out to meet her father, “Dad, I thought you wanted to say hello to Cassie before you left town,” she said with concern in her voice. Her father had been forgetful lately and she was worried about him. He insisted he had a lot of work on his mind.

“Oh Bonnie yes, I was wondering what was taking you all so long,” he said before he turned to smile at Bonnie and Lucy as they got out of the car.

“Hello Uncle Baron, its been forever since I saw you,” Cassie said before she was in the older man’s arms.

She had not been around family since Lucy had left after the falling out. Cassie's own mother had died not so long after her father passed away. She had been all alone until she met up with Lucy before that. She felt it would be great to be around family again even if they were only distant cousins. She had high hopes for a better future even though often thoughts of Dean crept into her soul. She missed him but didn’t want it to be the death of her. She couldn’t see him being anything but appalled at what she had become.

Baron smiled to himself, “I’m so glad you came to stay with us for a while or in our case to keep Bonnie company. I am gone quite a lot. Feel free to make yourself at home,” he said before he gave a slight nod to Lucy who smiled at him before he hugged Bonnie and got in his car.

“I will call as soon as I get to the hotel, you all be careful,” he added before he drove away.

Bonnie watched her father leave and for the first time wondered how much he knew of witches and the rest of the things that went on in Mystic Falls. She had a funny feeling he was not as in the dark as he might like her to think. He was comfortable leaving her alone for weeks at a time so he knew something. She smiled to herself.

Her father was an old fashion gentleman so he was not one to talk details of anything that might not feel was socially appropriate. She doubted he was a witch however it wouldn’t totally shock her to find out otherwise. She had not gotten any vibes from him the way she had Lucy when they first met up at the masquerade ball.

“Okay,” Bonnie said after she gave Jeremy a quick call, “he was already on the way,” she added before they went inside to wait.

--Cassie was impressed by the size of the house. It was modern and roomy. She approved of the set up and marveled at the décor. There was an array of browns, burgundy’s as well as tans and greys. It reminded her of an old world museum but with a hint of modern touches which were obviously due to Bonnie input. “Very cool,” she said to Bonnie who she followed into the kitchen.

--

Lucy pulled out her phone to call Damon to let him know she was finally going to be on her way in a few short moments. Lucy could tell Damon had gotten tired of waiting and had gone on to reading or maybe he was hovering outside Elena’s house watching her and Stefan in the window. Lucy bit her lip as she had to leave a message, “Hey Babe I will be over shortly,” she said into the phone. Damon didn’t pick up even though he held the small phone in his hand.

He cared about Lucy more than she would ever know but he didn’t like for woman to know how much he cared. He had learned his lesson with Katherine. That bitch, he thought, had torn him apart for all those years he had mourned her. For her to show up and say she loved Stefan had almost ended him. Lucy had been a challenge since she was a Bennett witch. Part of him had wanted Bonnie to get really angry again so he could have a reason to hurt Lucy. That desire had changed after only a day with Lucy. She had been sweet and sassy and he enjoyed the taste of her lips. They had walked and talked even though Bonnie had warned Lucy about him according to her. Lucy had a mind of her own and it hadn’t been three hours before they had sex against a tree deep in the forest. He could imagine her as a wench in the old days with her dress hiked up and hose down around her ankles it made him smile. The thought of the day got him excited and he used that image to get himself in the mood more often than not. It was that or use an old vision of Katherine that often turned to Elena.

Lucy was used to vampires and liked a good time but after that day she purposefully had stayed away from him even though he openly had pursued her. She had played the game of hide and seek with him for weeks, until she gave in again. Sometimes he missed some of the challenge but at other times he was glad to be occupied when Stefan was with Elena. He would let Lucy think that he was being distant because he was evil and angry maybe one day he would show her another side of him or maybe not.

--Bonnie offered Cassie a choice of beverages including lemonade, water and a beer. She turned to her and smiled. “I’m sorry if you think I am being a bitch about all of this I was just surprised and a bit sad, you know.”

Cassie nodded, “Believe me I know but I think my being here will be good for us all,” Cassie said before Lucy came in the room.

“Okay you two I will talk to you tomorrow,” Lucy said before Jeremy walked in the kitchen. He hoped that Bonnie would fill him on the secret Bennett conversation but he wouldn’t hold his breath. Their relationship was uneasy at times when it came to magic and vampires especially. Bonnie had given in to him after he pursued her for three full months. She had kept using his age as a barrier at the times she wasn’t saying that her being Elena’s best friend was an issue. Jeremy didn’t miss that time before he had turned seventeen. They were still dating without being physical but they were getting close. He assumed since Bonnie knew about the other girls that she wanted to get some distance from them at least in time if nothing else.

“Oh wait,” Bonnie said, “Cassie do you want to go out for a while with Jeremy and I otherwise we can just come back here and order pizza,” before she looked from Jeremy to Cassie.

As much as Cassie wanted to be around people she refused to be a third wheel, “Oh gosh no I am so tired, you two have fun we can have pizza tomorrow,” Cassie said before she saw that Jeremy was visibly relieved. Horny boys, she thought.

“Ok but I won’t be gone for very long,” Bonnie insisted before they all left the kitchen.

Lucy had taken off right away and after Bonnie explained the alarms and locks, she and Jeremy left also.

Cassie sighed, how ironic she had come to be around people and the first night she was all alone. “We are born alone and we die alone,” Cassie muttered to herself before she went up to put away her suitcases before she went downstairs to explore the freezer situation.

--

Lucy arrived just in time to see that Damon had left his clothes on the floor of his bedroom before she heard the sound of the water running in the shower. She had taken the day off from the law firm where she worked a half hour away to meet up with Cassie at least that had been her excuse. She rarely took time off and at work she tended to use a bit of magic to get her work done faster otherwise she would be bored to tears as a secretary. She tried hard to fit in at work because she too wanted a normal life as much as was reasonable.

She bit her lip as she disrobed also. She grabbed a rubber band from her purse so that she could put her long hair up to keep it from being soaked in the shower not that Damon cared. Damon had only an appetite for sex and blood. Luckily he had learned to get them both from Lucy. She didn’t really mind too much any longer since he only took small amounts of the blood from her and she loved the sex.

She stepped in the shower to find herself with her back against the wall a second later. Damon wore nothing but a sexy grin as he traced his fingers down her cheek. She loved the sight of his naked body, she caressed his body. He moved in for a slow kiss while he moved his other hand up and down her sides. Lucy grabbed Damon by the hair to control the kiss but he was too fast for her as he ended the brief kiss and picked her up so that he held her hands on the wall with her butt facing him. Lucy’s heart rate exhilarated as he breathed in her ears while his hands explored her body. She would have enjoyed it more if she thought Damon really loved her instead of using her like she used him for sex. Damon wanted Elena so bad she could almost feel it in his touch or so she thought. He always lied though and said it wasn’t true. Lucy used all her strength to turn around to face Damon. She wanted him to see who he was with she needed him to at least be that honest with her.

She grabbed him by the hair again but this time he laughed before he picked her again but this time her legs wrapped around his body tightly and he finally gave in to kissing her for long moments before he pushed her against the wall and slid inside of her. Lucy somehow felt victorious though her being with a vampire could never be truly a loving experience it was satisfying physically. Damon was a always a little rough but it added to the dance. She moaned against his ears as all thought of the water that cascaded over them was forgotten until he felt her orgasm explode around him. He moved back to look in her eyes again; he stared at her almost gently. Lucy grinned before she moved down the wall. She moved the water in the other direction with only a couple of words. Damon liked for her to use her gifts she wasn’t sure why but every now and again she did a bit for him.

“Time to get clean now,” she said before she handed him the shower gel.

Damon nodded.

--

Dean tried to phone Cassie that night after he and Sam argued about the vampires. He had thought about calling her for months but never given into to the desire. He was disappointed to find that she had changed her number but even more upset to hear from someone at Cassie’s old office that her mother had died. He wondered why she hadn’t contacted him she was as much alone in the world as far as he was aware of as he and Sam were. It hadn’t been but a year or so since they had last spoken though even at that time Cassie had seemed different somehow less outgoing but more than that he couldn’t put his finger on exactly what had changed about her. He closed the cell phone before he went back inside the motel room.

He found sitting behind the computer with a frown on his face.

“Hey I think we might need a break before we decide on the vampires how about a trip to California. You always wanted to bang Lindsey Lohan, let’s go for it,” Sam said with a slight smile.

Dean turned to Sam with a smirk, “You know I think it’s time Miss Lohan met me, I hear she needs a new man. Let’s go to Cali, we need a break maybe you can get laid too,” Dean said.

Sam laughed he could tell when his brother came in the room that he had not been successful at finally contacting Cassie. He needed Dean to have some time to just be himself as much as he needed time to think while Dean was on the prowl.

--

TBC