Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter is shorter than I first realized but I think it blends the different parts together.  Yes Cassie meets up with Dean finally in Chapter Five.


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter Four

On the way to California Dean’s heart was not into the idea of being with anyone other than Cassie.  It was possible that vampires had the same idea to protect those they loved or with whom they had bonded just like normal people.  He never said anything to Sam about it but of late he had considered it more than before.  How many of the monsters they hunted were truly monsters he considered.  How many were mere victims of circumstances doing their best to survive as the changed the landscape of the mortal world?  He was getting a headache with all the thinking. 

Outwardly Dean insisted to Sam that this was going to be their time in the sun finally; all water and women.  He refused to bare his soul to his brother because it wasn’t in his nature he would pretend to enjoy their foray to the Sunny West Coast.  He would tell Sam only what he thought his brother expected to hear from him or maybe less than that. 

Sam had made reservations at a hotel on the beach.  All those years ago the money they had gotten from Bella had been earning more money for them thanks to Sam’s foresight because they never did make it to Atlantic City.  They had a nice suite on the sixth floor of a nine story hotel. 

Dean had to smile genuinely as he took in the room.  The sitting area had a huge window that faced the beach.  There was sofa, two end chairs, a coffee table made of marble, a wet bar off to the side, a huge television , and a few other items he didn’t take in at first glance.

“Holy Moly Robin, why don’t we live like this on a regular basis?” Dean said to Sam who almost ran into him as he stopped inside the door.

“Well…..Batman,  I thought this was a special one time event we could use that money for a true almost vacation,” Sam said as he walked around Dean to go to the bedroom to put down the bags.

Dean kicked off his boots before he went over to the bar area to see if it happened to be stocked or if was bring your own booze.  He frowned as he reached down inside the mini fridge to fine two bottles; one was gin and the other whiskey.  Both of the bottles he found were new and unopened.

“NICE!!,” he said before Sam came back in the room.

“What you got there?”

“Liquor, pull out the glasses, Francis, let’s party,” Dean replied with a grin.

--

The big California get away was all fun in the sun for the Winchesters did not include a lot of wine or women after the initial arrival at the hotel at least.  Sam sat around thinking about why Dean was reading on the beach wearing his jeans and tee shirt.  He could only shake his head, at least his brother had the good sense to use sunscreen and sit under an umbrella. 

Sam walked in Dean’s direction with the thought that he would try to figure out what was going on in Dean’s head if he wasn’t going after the girls like Sam had half expected him to do then something had to be going on with his brother.  He had to admit that Dean hadn’t gotten laid in quite a while.

“Dean you know wearing shorts is something that is practically required here,” he laughed as he sat down across from his brother who moved down his shades to reveal his green eyes only long enough to look up from his book.

“Hey James Dean wouldn’t wear shorts,” he said with a slight smirk. 

Sam shook his head as he leaned back after putting more sunscreen on his legs.  “There are some really hot looking girls here Dean, lots of them are your type.  All perky breasted and willing,” Sam added as he looked toward his brother again before he himself sighed.

They were amiably silent for long moments before two tall Blonde women walked over wearing tiny bikinis.  Sam had to admit the sight of the girls had him getting a bit uncomfortable in certain areas, he shifted in his seat.

“Hey guys, you interested in a party tonight?” the taller of the two asked as she flashed her perfect white teeth in front of Sam.  Sam wasn’t that impressed but it was mostly because he was worried about Dean’s lack of interest.  He had considered it has something to do with Cassie but he was unsure on that front now that they were in California and Dean had not mentioned going to see her. 

The Blonde that had spoken was buxom with long hair and a tiny tattoo of a flower on her inner thigh. 

“Yes, it’ll be fun its over at there at that hotel, that’s rumored to be haunted,” the other Blonde added, “I’m Sheila and that,” she said as she pointed at her friend, “is Susan.”

Dean didn’t even look up as Sam looked over at him, “We’ll think about it; what’s the room number?” Sam asked as he became more interested as Susan winked at him.

“Down in the lobby you won’t be able to miss it,” Sheila said with a wink of her own before they walked away giggling.

“Dean?”

“Yeah?”

“I know this might sound weird coming from me but you haven’t gotten laid since you……”

“I’m aware,” Dean said with his head still down as he read the Louis L’Amour western he had in his hand that he was pretending to read.

Sam sighed before he kicked off his shoes and went toward the water for a walk.  Sam thought they might get some work done at the hotel if it was haunted, that would surely bring Dean out of his shell at least he hoped. 

--

Cassie woke up from a heated sex dream with Dean.  She could still see him in her mind.  His hands were hot on her silky skin.  His legs tangled up with hers while he plunged into her sex time and time again.  They couldn’t get enough of one another.  She bit her lip as she was satiated in the dream with a moan and a sigh she looked into his green eyes.  “I missed you,” she heard herself say as the fog lifted and she awakened.

She sighed before she opened her eyes to realize that Damon was in her room.  She covered her legs that had become entangled in the covers that were drenched in her own sweat.  She had her hands around his throat a moment later.

Damon had only stayed around the house long enough to watch Lucy pull out of the drive way to go to work that morning.  He had been considering how he could get in Elena’s good graces before he used his super speed to go to Bonnie’s house.  He was still curious and a bit fascinated with the newcomer.

“Seriously Damon I might be new at all this blood stuff but I am not someone you want to mess with as far as invading my privacy especially early in the morning,” Cassie said into Damon’s face.

“Yeah, you know I heard you a mile away moaning in your sleep I came to see what the fuss was about but you were only dreaming,” he said with a lazy smile despite her giving him the eye.

Damon almost would have sworn he felt a headache coming on.  He tilted his head to the side.  No, he thought, she can’t be a witch too.  It wasn’t as though he was frightened but it would bring a whole new dynamic to the situation.

Bonnie stood at the door a second later, “What is going on here?” she asked as Cassie moved away from Damon.

“An intruder,” Cassie replied dryly before she grabbed her robe then went out the door where Bonnie stood.

“Damon, you need to use the front door and only when invited,” she said before she proceeded to give him an aneurysm in earnest.

Damon screamed out in pain before Bonnie left the room, “Bitch,” he yelled, “your cousin was more fun,” he added before he turned to leave with a slight laugh after the pain subsided and he could stand up again.  He had to find out if Cassie was a witch or if the headache was a coincidence.

--

Mystic Falls caught the eyes of Dean Winchesters as he played on Sam’s computer the second afternoon they were in San Diego.  Sam had gone out to lunch with Susan after he spent the night with her the previous night.  He insisted that if  Dean wasn’t going to enjoy the benefits of hot horny women then he was going to.  Dean had laughed aloud as his brother left with a huge grin on his face to go to the party the night before.  Dean had been surprised to get the call from Sam at three in the morning letting him know he would be out all night.  That’s my boy, he had thought.

After the call Dean had considered going over the hotel to see what all the fuss was about but changed his mind after he brushed his teeth.  He had decided to simply go to sleep with the hope he would at least dream about Cassie.  He had her own his mind since he tried to call her but refused to admit it to anyone especially his brother.  He hadn’t been lucky in her nightly pursuit he instead had dreamed of vampires chasing him.  Dean had awakened in a cold sweat. 

It was his search for fresh vampire information that led him to the Mystic Falls website.  There was information about the town having been the home of several vampires in the distant past.  There were rumors on the historical page form that mentioned at a time in the future the vampires would rise again.  The theme of the website was “Quench Your Thirst for adventure” which Dean found oddly enticing he wondered if it was a sort of metaphor.

Dean wondered if the present day Mystic Falls had vampire problems.   He would mention it to Sam after his return.  Dean considered that if the hotel wasn’t haunted then he and Sam could head to Mystic Falls maybe they could find answers as well he could get his mind off Cassie for a while.

 

TBC