Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Title: Aint Born Typical

Summary: What if Damon had a best friend? Zoe Blackburn comes to town to help Damon with the shell shock from Katherine's betrayal. She also gives Elena a room for her money while showing Bonnie a side of Damon she didn't' know existed.

A/N: I actually have a sound track going

U R A Fever: The Kills

Pain: Three Days Grace

Outside: Staind

Thank you all for the reviews, alerts, and favorites. I'm glad to see people are enjoying this so far.

Please keep the reviews coming good or bad. I love to hear others opinions.

Chapter II

"To what do I owe the pleasure Zoe?" He asked even though Thank God you're here is what he meant

"I was enjoying life on campus when a very talented witch contacted me," She said studying him as the scotch as his eyes widened slightly.

So the little witch hadn't been blowing smoke about knowing her powers and herself etc. etc.

"You've done a really convincing job endearing yourself, or you've been very naughty," She said smirking as she studied him over the rim of her glass.

"Do you doubt my charm?" He asked arching a brow asked smirking as he let himself fall back into their familiar rhythm.

"With someone you can't compel..." She responded trailing off.

"You wound me BFF," He gasped playfully pouting as he draped himself across a chair, drink in hand.

"Why? Because it's true?"

"I can get any girl I want."

"Get yes, keep... no."

"You care to make a wager on that?" He asked ready to start a distraction with someone who played his kind of games.

"Now what kind of prize could you possibly offer that I could not get for myself?" She challenged letting him know she was game.

"Give you... not so much," he said titling his hand back and forth.

"Help you get for yourself is a better description."

"Aaah Bestie I'm thinking you read my mind," She chuckled glad he'd caught on so quickly.

"I guess my Ace up the sleeve was transparent?"

"Turns out that little brother has something I want," he snarled determined to shift his focus to something more attainable.

"And there's the twist," She said shaking her head.

"You have no idea," he said smirking as he imagined the explosive response she'd have to Elena's uncanny resemblance.

  Maybe this time he'd end up the more important brother in the lover's triangle. First thing first he had to do was make peace with the witch. Elena would never seriously go for him if it meant leaving her "Bestie" behind. Not to mention she could be a powerful alley if he could sway her. He just needed to show her the not so lily white side his brother kept under wraps to put them on more even footing.

"What do you have in mind?" She asked handing him the proverbial golden ticket as she swept into town and put him back in his element.

"For one we need to remind little brother what having fun means."

"And by we I assume you mean me."

"You read me like a book," he said mock surprised.

"That's because you're so shallow you're practically see through."

"Only to you," he said letting her know she was the one who knew him best.

  What he said and what he meant were not always the same thing. It was like decoding a language she was the sole interpreter to.

"Well I am your childe," She said as they grew silent enjoying the unique bond that existed between a maker and their childe.

He could always find and contact her and the closer the proximity the more "In tune" with one another they became. Most Children had to obey their Makers commands but her blood made her different. It had placed her on equal footing and that he had respected from the beginning. Though he had yet to say a word about the tomb, she could feel the sadness, hurt and anger coming off him in waves. She was here to give him purpose and it looked like she had done a decent job so far.

"Ooh and we have to convince Elena's bestie I'm not all bad," He said in a tone that raised a red flag.

"Bestie is the little witch with powers extraordinaire." He explained.

"So no compulsion... how badly did you burn that bridge?"

"It's still smoldering." He mumbled sending her everything that happened.

"Smoldering... more like ashes blowing in the wind.

 "Luckily for you I'm here. "She said tilting her head as she paused.

"Do you really wanna do the creepy doppelganger thing? Sabrina the teenage witch is so much more interesting and H-O-T, you know what they say ... once you go black," she teased making him laugh.

"Oooh Zoe, this is why I love keeping you around."

"Glad to be of assistance."

"Hello?" She rasped answering the phone on autopilot as she struggled to open her heavy lids.

"Bonnie, it's Stefan; I'm at the hospital with Elena."

"Wait... What?" She asked instantly awake.

"Jeremy took a bottle of pills; Elena came home and tried to wake him to talk and when she couldn't they called 911."

"Is he going to be okay?"

"They're pumping his stomach now."

"What can I do?"

"I really think she could use her best friend right now," he said as she clicked on the light on the night stand beside her.

"I'll be on my way as soon as I'm dressed," She promised.

  Slipping on a pair of jeans and a cheer shirt she found herself grateful her Father was such a slave to his job. He was out of town for the weekend so there'd be no questions to answer.

Out the door and in her Prius she pushed the speed limit finding parking and heading into the hospital in ten minutes flat.

"Bonnie...who called you?" Sheriff Forbes asked making her pause as they crossed paths.

"Called me?" She asked completely lost.

"Caroline was in an accident tonight," She said making her take in her puffy red eyes and tear streaked face.

"Is she okay?"

"She's in a medicine induced comma right now to give the swelling in her brain time to go down, Matt and Tyler were in the car too, but they're both fine," She said shakily.

"If you're not here for her... than why are you here?"

"Jeremy had an accident with pills," She whispered feeling shell shocked as she shook her head.

"That poor boy has been through hell this year," the sheriff said.

"I'm going to check on Elena, but we'll both be down to see Caroline," She said as the Sheriff nodded her head.

"She'd appreciate that, and I'll keep you both informed of any changes." She said clearing her throat before she turned and headed towards the vending machines.

"Hey Bonnie," Stefan said suddenly beside her.

"You heard?"

"Yes, it sounds like it's been one hell of night."

"Elena?"

"Sleeping beside Jenna in the waiting room, he came out okay, but his recovery is much too rapid."

"They want to run blood tests, and we can't let them. I think he ingested vampire blood, it's the only explanation I can come up with."

"Anna?"

"Must have been, I'm calling Damon now, I'm going to need him to do some compelling," he said taking out his cell phone.

"Things really are twisted when we're depending on Damon to ride in and play white knight," she mumbled earning a smirk and a nod.

"Loose lips sink ships little brother," Damon teased.

"I need your help."

"What happened?" he asked suddenly serious a he and Zoe picked up his brothers tone.

  Furrowing his brow as he listened he couldn't help but scowl. You try to do something nice for someone and they try to turn themselves in to a vampire.

"We'll be there."

"Looks like go time," he said as she nodded.

"Think you can be on your best behavior and actually appear to be sympathetic?" Zoe asked tilting her head.

"I thought that's why I have you."

"Lay low, do what needs to be done and try not to smirk too much," she said tossing him a wink before flashing away.