Never Let Me Go by DramaQueenAmby
Summary:

stories/890/images/NLMGBanner.png

Chance. I don't believe in it. Everything that happens in our life happens for a reason. I've always believed that. But, it's funny. Who would have thought a night of clubbing could result in my marriage to the tattooed quarterback for the San Francisco 49ers?    


Categories: Original Fiction Characters: None
Classification: General
Genre: Drama, Romance
Story Status: Active
Pairings: None
Warnings: Adult Situations, Drugs/Drug Use, Extreme Language, Graphic Violence, Original Characters, Racism, Sexual Content , Un-betaed , Work in Progress
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 29 Completed: No Word count: 88367 Read: 172781 Published: March 16 2013 Updated: March 14 2016

1. Meetings by DramaQueenAmby

2. The Morning After by DramaQueenAmby

3. Room Service by DramaQueenAmby

4. Cast by DramaQueenAmby

5. The Plan by DramaQueenAmby

6. Compromising Situations by DramaQueenAmby

7. Discussions by DramaQueenAmby

8. Mother? by DramaQueenAmby

9. Mother? (Continued) by DramaQueenAmby

10. The Dinner by DramaQueenAmby

11. Car Rides and Motivations by DramaQueenAmby

12. Confessions and Interruptions by DramaQueenAmby

13. Hope by DramaQueenAmby

14. Yes or No by DramaQueenAmby

15. Good Times by DramaQueenAmby

16. Forgiveness by DramaQueenAmby

17. Interviews and Meetings {Part 1} by DramaQueenAmby

18. Interviews and Meetings {Part} by DramaQueenAmby

19. The Morning After by DramaQueenAmby

20. Stadiums and Photographs by DramaQueenAmby

21. Birthdays and Letting Go by DramaQueenAmby

22. Changes and Firsts {Part 1} {Fixed} by DramaQueenAmby

23. Changes and Firsts {Part 2} by DramaQueenAmby

24. Game Nights {Part 1} by DramaQueenAmby

25. Game Nights {Part 2} by DramaQueenAmby

26. Reconciliation by DramaQueenAmby

27. Date Night by DramaQueenAmby

28. Secrets by DramaQueenAmby

29. Sensual Seduction by DramaQueenAmby

Meetings by DramaQueenAmby
Author's Notes:

This is set a year after the niners lost at the Super Bowl this year. So, for the purposes of this story, let's pretend they win the 2014 Super Bowl. Also, I suppose you could consider SOME of this AU. I don't predict making much of it...unrealistic though. However, if I do, please don't hesitate to let me know. I appreciate and respect constructive criticism.

 

Chapter 1:

God, how do I get myself caught up in these situations? This isn't me. None of this is. The club, the partying, the loud music, my outfit. Oh Lord, my outfit is definitely not me. This is all Kaydence fault. Then again, isn't everything?

 Speaking of the devil, "Would you stop being such a downer and come dance with me?" Kaydence, with those large blue orbs of hers, stare at me with judgment. I swear, there are pretty people in this world, ugly people, drop dead gorgeous, and then there's Kay. She's like the girl next door, mixed with the girl your mom fears you bringing home and the chick people can't help but to love all wrapped in one. Yeah, she's just that awesome.

"Seems to me like you're doing just fine over there," I motion over to the handsome guy she was just grinding on. You know that slutty, but incredibly sweet, best friend we all have? Kay.

"Ri Ri," she whines. She has and will always be the only one who can call me that without making my mouth want to churn out the last meal I had. "You're not having any fun-"

"Hence why I didn't want to come," I cut her off sharply. "You know clubs and partying and all this shit just isn't my thing." I run my hands through my blonde locks, starting at my black roots. "I'd rather be at home-"

"I know," she sucks her teeth. "You'd rather be at home reading one of your boring ass books."

"My books aren't boring," I glare defensively. "And maybe you should try picking up one sometime; it might benefit you to improve your 5th grade vocabulary."

"And maybe you, should spend a little less time reading, and a LOT more time twerking dat' ass." I throw my head back in laughter as she starts twerking her large derriere. White girl got curves.

"Bitch you are too stupid," I shake my head. "And you know a guy would have to be pretty damn special for me to twerk for, and especially, on him. I'm not a hoe like your crazy ass."

"Hey! Don't knock it till you try it!" she laughs. "And who knows? Your prince charming may be somewhere in this very club."

"Oh please," I snort, taking a gulp of water. "I'm convinced my prince charming either: A. got his ass killed, B. is stuck in a tree somewhere, or C. got tired of waiting for ‘Cinderella' and started playing for the other team."

Kay shakes her head, with a smile on her makeup-clad face, "Must you always be so pessimistic?"

I pretend to ponder her question, "Yeah, pretty much."  

The person she was dancing with suddenly calls out for her and she flashes me a sympathetic look, "You sure you don't wanna dance at least once?"

"Naw, I'm good. You just go enjoy yourself. I'll be here."

She sighs reluctantly before walking off, leaving me alone to my thoughts.

"Omg. I can't believe he's actually here!" I hear an extremely annoying and overly high-pitched voice shriek from a few seats down from me.

"Right?!" Another, equally annoying voice, chimes. "And let me just say, he's even more attractive in person." What?

"Is anyone else from the team here?" The first voice asks. Team? What the hell is going on?

"I don't know. I think so. I mean, they could just be friends, but they're all muscular and stuff so I guess they are teammates. Who the fuck cares though? I don't want them. I want Colin."

Wait. Colin? As in Colin Kaepernick? The football player? Of course, it makes total sense. He, well, they did just win the super bowl almost two weeks ago, and this is a San Francisco club. Where else would they go celebrate? They probably just came from the strip club...

Let me clear something up. I am in no way, shape, or form a Colin Kaepernick fan. I don't even really like football. However, Kaydence is obsessed with the man. When he made the winning touchdown that won his team the super bowl, I'm sure Kaydence screamed so loud, the freaking President heard her loud ass. I was happy for the team, but I just don't understand the big hype over the guy. Then again, I've never bothered to really look him up. Whenever Kae talks about him, I tend to tune her out.

"Here ya go lil lady," The kind, middle-aged bartender suddenly places a drink in front of me. I have no idea what kind of drink it is, but I know it damn sure, it isn't water. Which is what I've been drinking the whole night.

"I didn't order this sir," I tell the man, looking at the drink with disgust. I don't drink. Alcohol causes people to do crazy things.

"I know," he sighs, sounding annoyed.

"Well then why the-" I stop when he motions up and behind me. I turn around to the VIP area, where he's pointing. I'm met with an attractive black guy whose eyes are filled with lust, and a smug smirk on his lips. He raises his drink to me. I roll my eyes, and turn back around.

"Take it back."

"What?" The man sounds shocked.

"Take it back," I repeat, enunciating each word. "I don't want it."

"Do you know who that is? That's Kyle Williams, wide receiver for the 49ers."

Okay, I'll admit. I am a little surprised by who my little admirer is. Still, I refuse to give in.

"And I should care because?" Honestly, this man is looking at me as if I'm mentally challenged. "Forget it, I'll give it back to him myself." Grabbing the drink off the counter, I make my way through the sea of people, careful not to drop the glass. Upon reaching the VIP section, two enormous bodyguards prevent me from entering.

"She's fine guys. Let her in." A voice, coming from behind the two klumps yells out. I suck my teeth and walk past them. I can feel eyes on me, but I refuse to make eye contact with any of them except this Kevin dude. Or was it Ken?

A whistle erupts from his mouth as I approach, and I feel my anger begin to boil. Really? Whistle? What am I a freaking dog?

He rubs his hands together and licks his lips, eyeing me up and down. I can see he's getting ready to say something, so I beat him to it.

"Here's your drink."

His smirk drops as he stares at my stretched out hand, "What?"

"Your drink. I'm giving it back to you." I explain slowly.

"But why?"

"Oh, for the love of God." I roll my eyes. "Isn't it obvious? Because I don't want it fool! N-"

"Who the hell are you calling a fool, bitch?" Did he seriously just call me what I think he did? "Do you know the fu-"

There are audible gasps from around and from the fool himself, after I throw the drink on him.

"No, I don't know you are, nor do I give a flying fuck." I speak through clenched teeth, with my hand balled into a fist. "But what I do know is that I never have and damn sure never will be your or any other man's bitch."

"Get her ass the hell out of here!" He yells towards the bodyguards.

"Oh please, allow me." I hiss, turning on my heel and storming pass frit and frat who look rather amused by the whole situation, rather than angry. As I make my way down the hall that leads to the stairs into the main part of the club, I feel someone reach out and try to grab my arm.

The hell? This is one relentless bastard.

I snatch my arm back and spin around angrily, "What the hell do you want-" I stop when I see it isn't that Kel guy. "Now." I finish quietly, eying the extremely attractive stranger in front of me. Sweet baby Jesus. If there ever was a more gorgeous man. The guy is a freaking giant. He must tower a good foot over me. My eyes immediately gaze to his half tattooed arms. He's wearing a simple black shirt, that's clearly covering his well sculpted and tattooed chest. I can't even bother to bring my eyes lower than his chest. And his face-wait-I know him. I've seen this guy somewhere before!

"I'm sorry," he raises his hands in a defensive manner. God, he has amazing arms. "I didn't mean to scare you."

"You didn't," I interject, tucking a string of hair back. "I was just caught off guard. That's all."

"Well, still, I'm sorry." He stuffs his hands in his pockets, and I'm somewhat ashamed to admit, that I find even that simple movement sexy. God, what is wrong with me? "And I just wanted to apologize for my friends behavior."

"Kendall?"

"Kyle."

"Same difference," I wave off his correction. "And I appreciate that, but please don't apologize for other people's stupidity. Besides, a real man shouldn't have to have his friend come apologize for him. It says a lot about his character."

He cracks a small smile and I feel myself melt a little inside, "And what of the friend's character?"

"It shows he's a gentleman," I can't help but to return his smile. "Albeit, a gentleman with bad taste in friends, but still a gentleman."

He laughs, and I swear my stomach flips. What is it about this man that has me like this? "What's your name?"

"Arianna," I offer bashfully. Good Lord, I feel like I'm in high school again, talking to my crush for the first time. "And you?"

For a second, he looks appalled. However, just as soon as the expression appeared, it disappears. "I'm Colin."

My mouth drops. That's who he is!

"Colin Kaepernick," I utter, feeling my face redden. "Of course, that's why you look so familiar. Wow, I'm an idiot. I'm sorry."

He looks genuinely confused, "For what? Not knowing who I am? Don't be. I almost forgot what it feels like to just treated like......"

"A normal person?" I offer meekly, He nods. "Well, if it's any consolation, you act normal."

"Really? Care to elaborate?"

"You're chill, and down to earth. Not to mention humble, especially since you took time out to come apologize to me for something that doesn't even really concern you."

"Well, Kyle was out of line for calling you a bitch."

"True," I shrug, crossing my arms. "But I shouldn't have stooped to his level by throwing the drink at him. It was out of the norm for me, honestly. And, ya know something? If he had gone about the whole situation the right way, by approaching me himself and offering to buy me a drink, I wouldn't have reacted the way I did." Crap, I'm babbling again. "I'm sorry; I tend to go off on rants. Feel free to tell me to shut up or hell, to even leave. I'm sure you have better things to do than stand here talking to me."

"Trust me when I say this, talking to you is turning out to be the highlight of my shitty day." He says sincerely and Lord I feel the heat rise to my cheeks. "Are you here with anyone?"

"My best friend, but she's doing quite fine without me. Long story. Don't ask....why?"

"I was wondering if maybe you'd like to go somewhere and....I don't know...talk." I raise my eyebrow, and he must get my unasked question. "I don't mean like leave the club."

"I get ya, but...where would we go? I mean, if you go down there, I'm pretty sure a freaking riot would break out. And I really don't feel like being around your friend."

"Just follow me," he laughs, before walking back towards the room. I oblige. We pass up the VIP section and he opens the door, to another room. He moves so I can walk in ahead of him. The room is pretty much a replica of the VIP section. Oh, the perks of being rich and famous. He closes the door behind us. There's a tray of drinks and he grabs two, reaching one out to me.

Honestly, what is with these men and trying to get me to drink? I don't like alcohol. I should just tell him that. Then again, he is just trying to be nice. Plus, it's always been established that he's a gentleman. What if he put something in it though? No, the chances of him doing that are slim to none...right? Oh, what the hell. I might as well try to enjoy myself.

I mean, it's just one drink, what's the worst that can happen?

 

 

End Notes:

Thoughts? Remember, I don't mind negative ones, just as long as they include advice and not simple/blatant bashing. 

The Morning After by DramaQueenAmby
Author's Notes:

Wow! Thanks for the awesome response. Really wasn't expecting it. Sorry for any mistakes, I typed this on my Touch and I'm not always the best with cathcing little mistakes. 

Pounding. Endless pounding. God I've never had this bad a headache before in my life. Hell, this is beyond a headache. It's a freaking migraine! Why do I have a migraine anyway? And where the hell am I? Come on eyes, open up dammit! I'm finally able to will my eyes to open and when I do, I feel as if I'm starring right at the sun.  Whimpering, I quickly bury my face into my....pillow? Apparently, I'm in a bed. My bed obviously. Who else's bed would I be in?


The hairs on my body stand when I feel movement coming from the other side. There's someone in bed with me. Oh Good Lord, this isn't good. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. Clenching my eyes shut, I lift my head from the pillow and gradually open them. I'm met with a headboard. I don't have a headboard on my bed. Meaning, this isn't my bed. Rolling over on my back, I realize something. These sheets, although extremely comfortable, feel as if they're the only things....no. My eyes widen and I send out a silent prayer before slowly pulling up the sheets to peak down....at my naked body.

"Oh my gosh," I whisper sharply, covering my mouth. So not only do I have no idea where I am, with a migraine, insane sensitivity to light, naked in some strange bed, but I'm in bed with someone! A part of me wants to not even see who this stranger is, but an even bigger part knows that I should.

Heaven help me.

Taking a deep breath, I gradually turn my head to the side. Whoever this guy is, he's freaking huge. Half of his legs must be dangling off the bed. He's lying on his stomach, face turned away from me, with his arms-wait-those arms. Why do they look so damn familiar?

Ugh. WHAT THE HELL  IS GOING ON?!

Am I being punk'd? God, what have I done? First things first, I've gotta get the hell away from guy with the weirdly familiar arms. Wincing at the pounding, I manage to sit myself up and glance around the room.

Holy shit.

This has to be the most luxurious, bedroom, no, hotel room, I've ever seen before in my life. It's like the Presidential Suite at the Four Seasons. Ugh! Stay focused Arianna!

I notice our clothes are scattered around the room and, unfortunately for me, my bra and panties are a good distance away. Crap. Biting my lip, I realize that even if I wanted to just wrap the sheet around my body as a means of shielding, I can't because the movement will probably weak up the freaking giant next to me. I'm going to have to just go naked.

Shit.

Peeling off the sheets, I carefully inch myself off the bed and tip toe my way into the bathroom. I gently close the door, before marveling at the spacious room.

"This jank is bigger than my freaking bedroom," I murmur, looking in the linen closet to pull out towels. I stop mid movement when a shiny object catches my eye. "What the f-" Eyes wide, mouth ajar, I gasp as I realize what it is. A wedding ring. A wedding freaking ring. I'm....married? No, this has to be a mistake. I can't be married! I'm not even seeing anyone!

With shaky hands, I pull the ring off. Totally off topic, but it really is a gorgeous and expensive looking ring. It's definitively something I would pick out. This is just too much. I reach to turn on the shower, allowing the water to reach just the right temperature. Grabbing the bar soap, shampoo, and wash towel, I hop in.

I let the hot water run down my surprisingly relaxed muscles. I feel no pain or discomfort....down there so....we didn't have sex. I let out a sigh of relief. Clearly, we aimed to, but must've passed out before we actually could. Thank God. It's bad enough my ass has apparently up and married a complete stranger, but to sleep with said stranger would make me no better than your common hoe.

I shampoo and wash my hair, before cleansing my body a good 5 times. Even though the "marriage" hasn't been consummated, I still feel dirty. The water feels so good and, oddly enough, is helping with my migraine. Still, I don't feel like looking like a prune. I, reluctantly, get out.

"Crap," I release a quiet and frustrated groan. I have no fresh clothes. That's just fan-freaking-tastic. I wrap a towel around my hair. Using the supplied beauty products, I apply the deodorant and brush my teeth. I notice some lotion and lather it all over my body. It smells like something that came straight out of Bath and Body Works. I use the towel and ring out my naturally wavy hair one good time before throwing in the hamper.

Now comes the tricky part, what the hell so I wear? Stomping over to the closet, I notice two fluffy white robes. Grabbing the smaller looking one, I decide it's my best bet and put it on. It reaches me just above my knee. Much to my dismay, it's rather fitting and sort of attaches itself to my curves.

Grabbing the ring, I place it back on my finger. Might as well wear it. It looks too nice and expensive to just throw aside. I take a deep breath and carefully open up the bathroom door. I need my phone. I need to call Kaydence, I'm sure she has something to do with this. Oh, and Maya too! Good Lord Maya is gonna kill my ass.

I sneak a glance at my mysterious guy in the bed. He's knocked out. Creeping around the room, while trying to keep quiet, I finally find my LG Revolution. And of course, the shitty phone is dead. This dumbass phone has the worst battery life ever. I sigh heavily and stick the phone into the pocket on my robe.

I really don't want to go back to bed, but seeing that I don't have much of a choice....oh! I can explore around this humongous suite though. Creeping out the room, I gingerly close the two doors separating the bedroom from the living area or whatever. Damn this is such a nice place. If the circumstances were different, I would totally live my ass here.

Flopping on the coach, I notice a flyer on the coffee table in front. The Four Seasons. No freaking way. This IS that hotel. My....husband must be freaking loaded. Oh Lord, what if he's involved in some sort of illegal business? I'm now an accomplice!

Curling up into a fetal position, while laying on my side, I shut my eyes to block out the sunlight beaming through the closed curtains. There's too much light in here, and it's killing my eyes. Now, I realize I'm probably not doing everything I can or should about this whole situation. However, with my current miserable feelings, migraine, and light sensitivity, all I want to do is sleep.

Glancing at the clock, I see that it's 10:49, before drifting off back to sleep.

ooooooOOOoooooo

The sound of hushed whispering disturbs my slumber. I'm scared to open my eyes, but I know I have to. Blinking them open, the first thing I see is a glass of water with a blue, gel capsule beside it. Those weren't there when I went off to sleep. I dart my eyes to the clock and see it's now 11:01. Crap, I only slept for 12 freaking minutes. Wait, where are the whispers coming from? Focusing my hearing, it sounds like it's coming from behind me.

Steadily rising off the sofa, I sit up and stretch my arms.  For whatever reason, I'm now able to hear exactly what the other person is saying. It's clearly a guy's voice. My eyes widen. It must be dude with the familiar arms, AKA my husband.

Fuck.

"Shit, she's up.....yeah....no you idiot....Look, just hurry up and get your ass over here...yeah...okay bye."   Dammit. I should run. Yeah, I mean I have a clear advantage since I'm closer to the door. I have my phone with me, and I can always get new clothes. I mean, running out a hotel room, dressed in only a robe does seem a little crazy. Nevertheless, desperate times call for desperate measures! I'll just carefully slip the ring off, slowly inch my way off the sofa and-

"Hey...."

Goddamnit.

Totally off topic, but this guy has a sexy ass voice. Cursing to myself, I begrudgingly rise up off the sofa and turn around.

"Hi-" I stop, and I swear it's like a scene out of a movie. I instantly recognize him, but, not what happened. "Colin...." I trail off, trying to gather my thoughts. "You've got to be fucking kidding me."  I moan, rubbing my temples. "We're married."

He shuts his eyes and nods solemnly, "Looks that way."

"I can't....why the....can you tell me what the hell happened last night?" I stumble, trying to process everything.

"Isn't it obvious?" he scoffs, crossing his arms, while leaning back against the kitchen counter. "We got drunk an-"

"What? No, maybe you got drunk, but I didn't. I don't drink."

"Oh?" His facial expression hold amusement mixed with irritation. "Then why do you have a hangover?"

"I don't," I stop because I realize he's right. My migraine, light issues, hell now that he mentions it, even with how low he's speaking, is hurting my ears.

"You should take the Advil," he motions behind me. "It'll help with the symptoms."

"Thanks," I murmur, grabbing the pill and sending up a quick prayer before gulping it down.

I can feel his eyes on me, but refuse to meet his gaze. "Have you told anyone....ya know."

"No," I quickly answer. "My phone is dead."

He releases a breath of relief, "Good." Glancing up at him, I realize he's dressed in a simple, but expensive looking, pair of jeans. No shirt. Butterflies form in my stomach as I roam my eyes over his six-pack and sculpted arms. His tattoos stand out the most. They're not over the top like Chris Brown, but they certainly aren't subtle. I like them, a lot, actually. That's a lot coming from me considering I abhor tattoos.

"I don't mean to make you uncomfortable..." He starts off, with a pinkish tent to his cheeks. I wonder what his nationality is? Hispanic maybe? "But do you know if we....well..."

My eyes go wide and I start blushing profusely, "No, we didn't." I look away while talking, mostly because, well, sex has always made me uncomfortable. Not that I don't have good reasons... "I think we must have passed out before we could."

"Probably," he agrees and an awkward silence commences. Finally, I get fed up and decide to break it. Walking up to him, I take a deep breath, while noticing how freakishly tall he is.

"Can I use your phone?" I ask, noticing the conflicted look on his face. "I just need to call my friends and let them know I'm okay." He still looks unsure. "I'll block the number and I won't tell them about....this...ill make something up. Promise."

"Okay," he relents, and pulls out a shiny iPhone 6 out his back pocket. He appears to type something, most likely a password lock before reaching it to me. I offer him a small smile and start to enter Kay's number before realizing something. She doesn't answer calls she doesn't recognize. Maya does though.

Smiling, I clear the dial pad and hit *67 before dialing her number. She answers on the 4th ring. "Hello?"

"Maya?"

"Arianna! Where the hell are you?! Kay and I have been worried sick-" I quickly pull the phone away from my ear, wincing at the extreme pain her loud yelling caused. Bringing the phone to my mouth, I calmly, but sternly warn her. "Maya, I freaking swear to God, if you don't freaking stop yelling, I will hang up this freaking phone in your freaking face.  "
She sucks her teeth, "What's wrong with you?"

"I have a hangover and my Advil hasn't kicked in yet." I answer dryly. " Look I can't talk long, my phone died and I'm using...someone else's but I just wanted to let you and Kay know that I'm okay."

"Someone else's phone? Ari where are you? What happened to you last night? When are you coming home?"
She starts bombarding me with questions, and even though I'm SO ENTIRELY grateful to have her in my life, I can't deal with this right now.

"Look Maya," I sigh, hating that I have to lie to her. "I really can't say much except that I'm safe and that I'll be home soon. You just have to trust me on this. I really am okay."

A beat.

"You better not be lying to me trick." She says half seriously, and half-joking.

"I'm not hoe," I laugh. "Tell Kay what I said, okay?"

She sighs heavily, "I will, be careful Ari and call me back ASAP."

"I will. Later girl."

"Bye." Click. Making sure the phone is hung up, I notice his background which reads "Family isn't always blood. It's the people in your life who want you in theirs; the ones who accept you for who you are. The ones who would do anything to see you smile, and who love you no matter what."

"Nice wallpaper," I murmur, handing him back his phone.

"You say interesting; I say appropriate"

I quip my eyebrow, "How so?"

He looks at me quizzically, as if I just asked him what color the sky is. "I'm adopted..."

The fuck?

"Really?" He now has my fullest attention. "Ah, so you're one of the lucky ones." Shit! Shut the fuck up Ari! You're talking too damn much.

A slight frown forms on his handsome face, "What do you-"

The sound of someone knocking on the door interrupts our conversation, and I for one am extremely grateful. The less he knows about me, the better.

He excuses himself to go see who's at the door and as soon as he walks off, a sudden wave of nausea hits me. Throwing my hand over my mouth, I run towards the bathroom, lean over the toilet and vomit.

Never again will I drink.

NEVER.

 

End Notes:

Not much action in this one, and more background info on Maya will be revealed in the next chapter. Thoughts?

Room Service by DramaQueenAmby
Author's Notes:

So.Tired. 

I typed this (on my Touch....again) in about an hour, because I needed to write, to help calm my nerves. Weird right? Not really feelling it too much, but I PROMISE they will get out this damn hotel in the next chapter. 

 

After vomiting three, yes three times, that random wave of nausea left. God, how do alcoholics do this? How do they continually drink their lives away with these type of after effects? It's not worth it. There's no appeal whatsoever.

So after brushing my teeth a total of three times, I re-emerge from the bathroom. There's that damn whispering again. Honestly, why the hell does he-Wait. There's two voices. The person at the door.

Shit.

Great, now I'm forced to walk around in a freaking robe around some damn stranger. I take my time walking to the living area.  As soon as I enter the room, four eyes land right on me. Colin and another EXTREMELY attractive black man. He's tall like Colin, not as tall though and probably close to or a little lighter than my color.

He flashes me an alluring smile and I feel my cheeks warm, "Hi, I'm Derrick." He stretches his hand out to me.

"Arianna," I smile, shaking his hand. "Nice to meet you."

"Damn Colin, I guess you weren't exaggerating." He chuckles, glancing at my....husband.

"Told ya," Colin laughs softly, typing away on his iPhone.

"I'm sorry?" I question, confused as to what he's talking about.

"You really are stunning."

Okay, I'm 99.9% sure my face is as red as a tomato. Yeah, I get compliments from guys, but most of them are from older men and more....graphic. Plus, none are ever as sexy as the two freaking Gods in front of me.

"Thank you," I mumble, looking down at the ground. Crap. I can't have them thinking I'm some easy lay. If they don't already, that is.

"Stunning eh?" Crossing my arms over my chest, I turn towards Colin. "Now was this before, during, or after you were inebriated?" I smirk.

"Don't answer that bro. I'm telling you. The last time a girl asked me that I-"

Not even thinking about what I'm about to say, I quickly cut Derek off. "Oh please, I doubt the last girl you were with even knows what inebriated means, let alone how to use it in a sentence." Shit. Did I seriously just say that aloud?

Surprisingly, Derek and Colin catch on to the playfulness in my voice and bust out in laughter.

"I like this girl, dude." Derek laughs, placing his arm around me. "Look, if you ever get tired of little drummer boy over here," he nods his head in the direction of Colin who flips him off. "Look a brother up and I'll show you what it's like to be with a real man."

"Well, as enticing as that sounds." I chuckle lowly, looking up at him while batting my eyelashes. "Why would I downgrade from a Camaro, to a station wagon?" His smile immediately drops and the shocked look on his face is priceless.

I laugh while walking by Colin who's also laughing.

"That was cold ma," Derrick mutters, a smile tugging on his lips.

"That was fucking awesome." Colin sounds, putting away his phone.

"That was the result of me when I have no food on my stomach," I complain, slamming the fridge door shut when I see there are only water bottles. "This place has everything else in it, yet no food? The fuck?"

"Order room service." Colin says, as if it's the most obvious thing in the word.

My head shoots up as I look at him, my sudden boldness starts fading away. "Seriously? You don't mind?"

"No, why would I mind?" He crosses his arms and I internally fawn over how the muscles flex due to the movement.

"Well I mean it's probably expensive and-"

"So?" Derrick butts in, from his new position over by the couch as he flips through the stations. "Ya'll married. He already bought your ass a ring. What's a couple more dollars?"

"Shut up!" Colin and I yell in unison.

"Arianna, just order what you want. Let me worry about the rest." Colin says sincerely, and I swear my insides melt. He's so freaking sweet.

"Thank you," I mumble, before doing something I'm not entirely sure I should do. Standing on my toes, I grab onto his shoulders, pull him down close enough, and plant a kiss on his cheek. Feeling flushed, I don't even bother to wait for his reaction. I rush towards the phone in the living room. There's a phone directory card. Following the chart, I dial one and wait for someone to pick up.

"Room service," A woman answers with a surprisingly pleasant tone.

"Uhhh hi," I greet, in an awkward manner. "Do...do you guys do like.....special requests?"

"Yes mam, we do."

I swear, my smile is so big, one would think that I just won a million dollars.

"Oh my gosh. Okay, wow, umm then can I get: Chicken Lo Mein, Orange Chicken, General Tso Chicken, mozzarella sticks, no marinara sauce, an Arizona Ice Tea, original flavored, and a Caramel Cappuccino with sugar." I babble, letting my extreme hunger override my common sense.

"Okay then," the woman stammers. "Anything else?"

"Uhhhh," I pull the phone away from my mouth, and look towards the guys, who have their mouths dropped. "Do you guys want anything?"

Their flabbergasted appearances don't stop them from giving me their requests though.

"Pepperoni Pizza and a liter of coke."

"Supreme Pizza and a can of Dr. Pepper."

I give the woman the rest of the order, and after going over again, she informs me that it should be up in twenty minutes. Thus, the end of the call.

"You weren't kidding when you said you were hungry huh?" Derrick jokes, shaking his head.

"That was a lot huh?" I frown slightly, realizing how greedy I probably just sounded. "But in my defense, I eat because of my nerves. Always have. Always will. Plus, look at me, do I look like I'm the type of girl that only eats low fat and diet food?" I finish, with an eye roll. "That's a rhetorical question by the way, answer and I'm not responsible for what I say or do."

Colin looks extremely amused, along with something else I can't quite put my hand on. Derrick, on the other hand, has a weary expression.

"Dude, you might want to look into getting a bodyguard 24/7....and a will." The slight smile on his face lets me know he's only messing with me.

"Yes, because I totally stand a chance against freaking Zeus over there," I point at Colin. "All 5 foot and 2 inches of me against his....his....how tall are you?"

"6"5." He answers smoothly, stretching his arms upward. "And Zeus? Really?"

"What? It was the first thing that came to mind and plus, I'm a tad bit infatuated with mythology. Therefore, references tend to pop up in my everyday dialogue from time to time." I finish sheepishly, realizing how much of a nerd I must sound like.

Well, I mean I sorta am, a book nerd that is, but that doesn't mean he needs to know!

Surprisingly, rather than the weird look I'm expecting, Colin seems extremely intrigued. "Wait, you like Mythology?"

"Like? No. Love? Hell yes." I gush. "Wait. Do you?"

"Are you kidding?" Derrick butts in."The man fucking lives for that stuff."

"Derek, I swear, if you don't shut your ass up-" The sound of knocking at the door interrupts my threat. "Ooh. Must be the food. I'll get it!" I offer, before sprinting off to the door. Without even bothering to look out the peephole, I swing the door open. Unfortunately for me, the person isn't at the door isn't the food service people. It's a woman whose facial expression is anything but friendly, and the first thing that comes out her mouth definitely takes me by surprise.

"You're Colin's wife."

Fuck.

 

End Notes:

Enjoy, and remember, I can take criticism. 

Cast by DramaQueenAmby
Author's Notes:

So I finally figured out why I couldn't add my photos. Apparently, the site only supports png files? I don't know. Anyway, here is the main cast....so far. 

(Just put your mouse over each photo to see the characters name)

Arianna Colin

Maya Kaydence

Derrick Jennifer

The Plan by DramaQueenAmby
Author's Notes:

Wanted to get something out for you guys. I'm amazed by how many people have read this story in just two days. You guys are so amazing.

NO ONE'S POV


Arianna starts mentally panicking. She loathes being put on the spot. Thankfully, she's the expert at poker faces.

"I'm sorry?" Adrianna questions, putting on the best poker face that she can muster up. "I honestly have no idea what you're talking about."

The woman quirks an eyebrow, "We'll you're a hell of a liar. If I didn't know any better, I'd actually believe you."

Arianna has to catch herself. Crossing her arms over her chest, she manages to hold her temper. "Excuse me? Who-"

"Arianna," Colin suddenly intervenes, placing his hand on Arianna's lower back. She stiffens for a second, before relaxing. "This is Jennifer," he gestures to the woman. "My manager." He looks at Jennifer, "Jennifer, this is Arianna."

"It's a pleasure to meet you," Arianna smiles with fake sweetness. Without giving Jennifer a chance to respond, Arianna turns around and walks away. She mouths 'Bitch' to Derrick who tries, unsuccessfully, to stifle his laughter.

"Enlighten me Colin," Jennifer starts, walking into the hotel room. Colin closes the door behind her. "What was the last thing I said to you before I left to go home to visit my family?"

Colin cuts his eyes, while Jennifer's back is still towards him. "Not to do anything stupid," he sighs, walking to stand in the living room where Jennifer now stands.

"Exactly," she exclaims, snatching her sunglasses off her brunette head. "And yet you do the exact opposite." She shakes her head. "Honestly Colin, do you realize how bad this is going to look? And of all the times to pull a stunt like this, you just have to do it after making the biggest accomplishment in your career so far. What are you going to do now?"

"Isn't that what he pays you for?" Arianna mumbles to Derek, who sends her a glare, but with a smile on his face.

"The fuck should I know?" Colin groans, throwing his hands up in the air.

Jennifer shakes her head and turns towards Arianna, "Do you have a last name Arianna?"

"James," She answers, trying to be polite. "Arianna James."

"And how old are you exactly?" She questions, typing away on her blackberry.

"Twenty-one," Arianna sighs. "I'm sorry, but-"

"Family?"

A beat.

"I don't have any," Arianna answers, the tone in her voice doing a complete 360. She doesn't sound angry or irritated anymore, but emotionless.  Derrick looks down at her with confusion. Jennifer, with content. Arianna notices Colin's expression is indecipherable.

"What do you mean-"

"I like you Arianna, "Jennifer cuts off Derrick, without even thinking about it. "I like you a lot."

"What?" The three young adults say in unison.

"If you 'like' me," Arianna gestures with her fingers. "Why were you so rude to me?"

"Precaution," Jennifer shrugs. "Sweetie, I've been managing athletes for over 20 years, and if you knew half of the type of women I've had to deal with; you would understand." She walks closer to her client's new wife. "Still, I suppose I shouldn't have come off as strong as I did." A beat. "My apologies."

"It's okay," Arianna cracks a small smile. "But I have to ask, how can you like me when you've only known me for what, 10 minutes?"

"As I said, I've met a lot of different type of women. And in the case of athletes, most of them are, for a lack of a better term, gold diggers. You, on the other hand, are far from that."

"That's true," Derrick chimes. "Most girls in your situation would be trying to bank in on as much as they could. Shit, they'd probably have my boy just about bankrupt by now."

"Shut up Derrick," Colin mutters.

"Soooo...." Arianna trails off. "What exactly are we gonna do about this? It's too early for a divorce, but I think we can get an annulment, right?"

"An annulment?" Jennifer laughs, walking back closer to Colin. "Nice thought, but no." She goes back to the no nonsense tone she had when she walked in. "You two are staying married."

"What?!" The married couple yells at the same time.

"This isn't funny Jen," Colin warns.

"Hun, do I look like I'm joking?" Jennifer shoots back. "Now here's what we're going to do. I'm going to head to the office and prepare a press statement to release later today. Thankfully, this hasn't gotten out to the press...not yet at least. Therefore, the story is this: you two have been dating over a year and tied the knot last night in a quiet small ceremony. It'll work because Colin is already an insanely private person. He was able to keep his last two relationships a secret, so this one will be no problem. Now, if in five months, the two of you decide that things just aren't working out, then you can separate. Until them though, this is just how it's going to have to be. Oh, and Arianna will be moving in with you Colin."

"Wait a minute Jen," Colin interrupts, flabbergasted by her plan. "Have you thought this all the way through? You can't honestly expect Arianna to go along with this. This shit is probably mostly my fault anyway. She's not the famous one. I am. I can't ask her to do-"

"I'll do it," Arianna interjects softly; uncomfortable with how everyone's attention soon turns to her. "What? This is partially my fault too. The blame goes both ways. I was irresponsible as well. You're right. You are the famous one, and if this gets out, it's going to probably ruin your image. I refuse to let that happen, not over me. I'm not worth it."

"But-" Once again, Arianna interrupts her husband.

"It's only five months Colin. Time will go by faster than you think. Before you know it, I'll be out your life and you'll be out mines." She turns towards Jennifer. "I'm not quitting my jobs though. I refuse to depend on a man for money. I'm extremely independent. Plus, I go to school at night and my education is everything to me, so I'm not quitting that either. "

Jennifer beams at the headstrong and determined young woman. "Arianna, despite whatever may happen between you and Colin, I believe this is the start to a beautiful friendship."

 

End Notes:

Okay, so they didn't exactly leave the hotel, but this is the last chapter with them at the hotel. Next chapter will involve Colin and Arianna getting to know each other.....along with other things.

Review, and even if you don't, thanks for reading! :)

Compromising Situations by DramaQueenAmby
Author's Notes:

Sorry for the wait! Hope it's worth it! :/

The food soon arrives and, after going over more arrangements, Derrick, Colin, and Arianna eat.  Shortly after finishing her meal, Arianna receives a whisper in her ear from Jennifer, who asks if she can speak to Arianna for a minute. The 21 year old doesn't bother dismissing herself, due to the fact Colin and Derrick are invested in their own conversation, and simply follows Jennifer into the other room.

"What's up?" Arianna nervously asks, stuffing her hands into the robe pockets.

It's only then that Arianna notices the tote Jennifer has in her hand. "Here," she reaches the bag to Arianna.

Arianna cautiously takes the tote from Jennifer, "What is it?"

"Look inside," Jennifer smiles softly.

Arianna glances at Jennifer and then the bag before slowly prying it open. Inside the tote, she finds clothes. She spots two bras, three pairs of panties, and a geometric patterned maxi dress.

"When Colin text me and told me what happened, I figured you'd be in need of clothing." Jennifer explains. "I wasn't too sure as to what size you wear in terms of clothing, so I just looked at Colin's track record of the type of women he likes, and guessed."

Arianna notices the Victoria Secrets tag still on the undergarments and the other expensive brand name tag on the dress.  "Wow. Thank you." The young woman smiles gratefully at Jennifer, pulling out the 36D bra and medium sized underwear, along with the dress. Closing the bag back up, she reaches it back to Jennifer. "I really appreciate it. You shouldn't have though. I'll pay you back as-"

"Nonsense," Jennifer waves off her offer. "Keep your money hun. I don't need it. Besides, consider it a gift."

Looking down at the clothes in her hand, Arianna is genuinely shocked by Jennifer's thoughtfulness. She's not used to people doing such nice things for her, and especially without having to give something back in return. It's a strange feeling to her.

"Well, I'll leave you alone so you can get dressed." Jennifer says, taking the tote from Arianna. "Call me if you need anything."

"Okay," Arianna replies. "Thanks again."

Jennifer just nods, before disappearing out the room, closing the large doors behind her.

Smiling to herself, Arianna grabs the clothes and heads into the luxurious bathroom.

She takes another shower, pretty much repeating her routine from earlier that morning. After slipping on the bra and panties, she performs her hygiene routine, and pulls on the dress. Smoothing her fingers over the fine material and admires how it clings to her body. She pulls her hair up into a messy bun and throws the robe into the laundry hamper. Exiting the bathroom, she starts searching around the room for her purse, clothes, and shoes. After finding all of the objects, she gathers them in her arms and enters back into the living area.

"Okay, I'm-"Arianna stops, when she notices the shocked look on Colin and Derek's faces. "done....." she trails off, wondering what's wrong with them. "What's up with ya'll?"

They both remain silent before looking off into the distance, with their faces slightly red.

"Nothing," they mutter, coughing awkwardly.

Arianna looks at them both strangely, before shaking her head and walking pass them to go sit on the sofa. Unbeknownst to her, the two men eyes stay glued to her figure as she walks away.

"I'm gonna go....uhh....get ready...yeah." Colin announces, retreating to the room and closing the doors.

"Where's Jennifer?" Arianna asks, noticing the woman's absence, while pulling on her shoes.

"She went to go check ya'll out and get the car ready." Derrick answers, walking over to go sit on the chair, opposite to Arianna.

"Oh," Arianna's mouth forms into a perfect ‘O' and the two sit in silence. "So do you also play football?" Arianna questions, annoyed with the awkward silence. Derrick's jaw drops. "What?"

"You're....you're kidding right?" Derrick asks, with a laugh threatening to erupt from his mouth.

Arianna eye's move from side to side, trying to figure out why he thinks she's joking. "'No..."

"You don't know who I am?" He points to himself, as she shakes her head no. "Derrick Rose? All Star NBA player for the Chicago Bulls? 2011 MVP winner? The only other person on my team who won that award as well being Michael Jordan?" As he continues with his questions, Arianna continues shaking her head no. "How can you not know who I am?" He yells slightly, pure shock gracing his handsome face.

"I don't really follow sports," she answers simply. "Which is rather sad considering I-"

Jennifer arriving back into the room causes Arianna to stop mid-sentence. "Good. You're out. Colin's getting dressed right?" Derrick and Arianna nod yes. "Good. Now here's what gonna happen now..."

ooooooOooooo

"I still can't believe you don't know who I am," Derek complains, much to the dismay of Arianna and Colin.

Arianna closes her eyes and bangs her head against her headrest, "Are you still stuck on that? Get over it dude! It's not that big a deal." She sucks her teeth, "Make a left here."

Colin shakes his head, as Derrick makes the turn. "Dude, she's not into sports. How many times do we have to explain that to your slow ass?"

"You don't have to be into sports to know who THE Derek Rose is," he shoots back. "Everybody know me," He says with a smug grin.

"I sure as hell don't," Arianna snickers, gazing out the window of the tinted, black escalade.

"Clearly you're a minority," he shoots back.

"Or perhaps you're the minority and have just let your ego grow so big that you clearly believe majority of the population knows who you are," Arianna says, in a boring tone. "Make a right here."

Derek sends her a glare through the mirror, while making the turn, "Smart ass."

She flashes a fake smile, noticing they've reached her neighborhood. "Turn into here," she instructs.

"Oxford Trace?" Colin questions.

"Yup," she pops the ‘P.' Turning in by the welcome center, Derrick is met with three separate security gates.

"Damn Arianna," Derrick chuckles. "You didn't tell us you had it like this. Hell, I don't even live in a gated community."

"Oh please, this place is as ratchet as they come. Now pull into the middle gate and type in 1234567890**" Both Colin and Derrick send her questioning looks.

"That's your security code?" Colin asks, uncertainty in his voice.

"No, but residents have to use the gate to the left of us and scan in a card; I don't have my card with me. This is the gate for visitors. Normally, you'd type in the code for our condo, 413, and it rings our home phone, and I'd either let you in or deny you access. Obviously, I can't do that now. So, we just have to use the hack code, which I just gave you." She finishes with a deep breath.

"O...kay..then," Derrick says, amusement in his voice. Rolling down the window, he types in the code. About a second later, the electronic voice says ‘access granted.'

"Great, now go to your left and go all the way around to the back. The first set of condos on your right is where we live." She explains.

"You keep saying ‘we' and ‘our,' do you live with somebody or something?" Colin finally asks a hint of jealousy in his voice.

"Yeah," Arianna answers, confused as to where his sudden change in attitude is coming from. "My roommates." Looking out the window, she sees the car she shares with Maya and Kaydence is gone. "Pull into spot 286B." Derrick parks the car and Arianna is the first one to exit, followed by Colin and then Derrick. "Follow me." She stops midway, when she sees her two neighbors, who live opposite her, sitting outside on the porch.

"Shit," she mumbles, turning towards the guys. "Look, just follow my lead. Don't say anything and don't make eye contact with them. Just act like they're not even there."

"Who?" Derek questions.

"Ms. Louise and Ms. Bell," she practically spits out, stealthily gesturing to the old woman.

"They're old women Arianna, how bad can they be?" Colin chuckles.

She rolls her eyes, "Just shut it and do as I say."

Resuming walking, Arianna and the guys are right in front of the walkway when she's caught by the old women.

"Afternoon Ms. James," Ms. Louise, calls out, adding emphasis on the ‘Ms.'

Arianna mouths ‘Fuck' before turning around and plastering on a fake smiles, "Afternoon Ms. Louise." She nods towards the other woman. "Ms. Bell."

"You just missed your friends Michelle and Kadyn. They left 45 minutes ago." Ms. Louise explains.

Arainna mentally rolls her eyes, "Thank you Ms. Louise. I know. I spoke to them not too long ago." She doesn't even bothering correcting her. She turns to walk by the door, but Ms. Bell calls out to her.

"You just getting back home now? You and that provocative dressing friend of yours left at 7 last night. She made it home before you, and Lord knows that girl is always creeping home in the wee hours of the morning."

"Yes ma'm," Arianna has to bite her tongue. "I'm just getting home now. I spent the night out last night with some friends."

"I bet you did," Ms. Louise says suggestively. "Who are your friends there baby?"

"Yes," Ms. Bell adds on. "Are they the ones you spent the night out with? Lawd child, times sure have changed. When I was coming up, it was considered indecent for a young girl like yourself to spend nights out with young men. You just didn't do it." She shakes her head. "I just don't understand you young folks. Having sex with this person, then that person, it's no wonder the teen pregnancy statistics are at an all-time high."

"Amen, preach."

Arianna balls her hand into a tiny fist, "If you'll excuse me ladies, I have to get going." She doesn't even give the woman time to reply, before marching up to the door. Jamming the key in, she unlocks the door, pulls Derrick and Colin in, before slamming it.

"God I can't stand them!" She shouts, locking the door.

"Are they always like that?" Colin asks, while looking around the condo. It's decent, not very expensive looking, but not cheap looking either. It's average.

"Unfortunately," she answers, with a sigh. "Make yourselves comfortable. I'll be right back." She scurries away to the back of the condominium, and in less than two minutes, is back with her cell phone charger. Walking into the kitchen, she plugs it into the wall and connects her phone. "Can I get you guys something to drink?"

"Naw, we're good." Colin replies, as he and Derek take a seat onto the sofa.

Arianna offers no response. Instead, she sits down on the stool and the kitchen and places her head in her hands. "Just ask me already."

Colin's eyebrows furrow in confusion, "Excuse me?"

"Don't play," she rolls her eyes. "You want to know why I told Jennifer I don't have any family."

A beat.

"I mean, I am a little curious, but you don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

"No, it's fine," she takes a deep breath. "I like to consider Maya and Kay my family, because they're like my everything. Through the good and bad, they've been with me through it all. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for them, but the truth is....I grew up in a foster home."

Arianna's admission is somewhat shocking to Colin, mostly since her comment about him being "one of the lucky ones" left him speculating she was somehow parentless.

Derrick, on the other hand, is shocked. "Damn," he mutters, shaking his head. "That's messed up. You are way too pretty to be given away." He suddenly rises from his seat, "Where's the bathroom?"

"There are so many things wrong with that statement, but I'm not going to even go there with you. Besides," Arianna scoffs bitterly, "I wouldn't say all that anyway. But, down that hall, first door on your right." 

"Thanks," he says, walking off.

"Yup," she says quietly, checking her missed texts on her phone from the night before. Majority of them, if not all, are from Kaydence and Maya. She sees Colin rise from off the sofa, and decides to get up from off the stool and turn around to get an Arizona Ice Tea out the fridge. She closes the door and turns towards the sink.

"You're wrong you know," he finally speaks, and Arianna can tell he's close to her. His voice sounding as if he's right behind her.

"About what?" she questions, rinsing off the top. She immediately tenses when she feels directly behind her, as his arms snake their way around her waist.

"You are pretty," his voice is low, sexy, and causes Arianna to bite her lip as a sudden warmness build in her core. His hands settle on her hips, as his fingers spin slowly, creating imaginary circles.

Reaching out to shut off the water, Arianna places the can on the counter beside her, and gradually turns around. She looks up at Colin, her eyes darting back and forth between his lustful glazed eyes and his extremely sexy lips. She licks her own lips, trying to calm her own lustful impulses that are dying to come out. The sexual tension becomes too much for Colin, and without hesitation, he swoops down to kiss Arianna. She's only surprised and hesitant for a seconds, before giving in and grabbing onto his shirt, pulling him closer to her. The kiss is forceful and passionate, but hot and heavy, at the same time. Colin, bypasses asking her for permission, and forces his tongue in Arianna's mouth. Oddly enough, Arianna is even more turned on by his aggressiveness.

Colin's hands move from Arianna's hips, and to her ass. She squeals in surprise when he gives, a firm, but gentle squeeze. That simple sound seems to entice Colin even more. He moves his hands to the back of her thighs and pulls her up on the edge of the sink. When the two finally break apart for air, Colin quickly attaches his lips to her neck. Meanwhile, he grows frustrated with the barrier her dress is creating between the two of them. Grasping the dress, he hikes it up her thighs. Wanting her to feel how hot he was for her, he pulls her into him. She releases a mixture of a moan and a gasp when she feels his growing bulge at her soaking womanhood.

The two are so caught up in the moment that they don't hear the two voices coming from outside, or the key that's being used on her door, or when the two people enter.

"I don't care how nice the car is! I want whoever that...that...bastard is to get his car the hell up out of my-WHAT THE HELL?!" Maya stops, at the sight of her roommate and a strange man about to get it on in their kitchen.

Colin and Arianna quickly pull away, both of their faces flushed and their lips swollen.

"Arianna?!" Kaydence's eyes go wide as she realizes who the man is. "YOU'RE COLIN FUCKING KAEPERNICK!"

"Arianna, what the fuck is going on?!" Maya shouts. "Why the hell are you about to have sex with a freaking celebrity, why is he even here, and....holy shit! Is that a wedding ring on your finger?!" She yells, pointing at the rock on her roommates finger.

"Yo, what's the Glade scent you guys are using with that plug in?" Derrick asks, finally emerging from the bathroom. "That shit smells so-" he stops, noticing the scene in front of him. "good." He clasps his hands together, while looking Maya up and down and licking his lips.

Kaydence eyes almost bulge out of her eye socket, "YOU'RE DEREK FREAKING ROSE!"

"Finally!" Derrick throws his hands up. "Someone knows who I am!"

And if things weren't going bad enough, Kaydence decides, of all times, to faint.

 

End Notes:

Okay, so as you all can see, I suck at writing 'sexy' scenes. That being said, don't expect any sex scenes in this story. I'm a virgin (proud one too) and I just find it uncomfortable and lack the experience needed to do one justice. My apologies. 


REVIEW

Discussions by DramaQueenAmby
Author's Notes:

Sorry, for the wait. I had an English Exam to study for. :/

 

Fuck

 

The Lord must be pretty ticked off with my ass, because it seems like one bad thing keeps happening after the other. I really wish I believed in reincarnation, because I sure as hell would blame all this shit on my sins from a past life.

 

"This melodramatic bitch," Maya hisses, kneeling down near a laid out Kaydence.

 

"Is she gonna be okay?" A seemingly concerned Colin pipes up, looking down at Kay.

 

Feeling for her pulse, I answer, without even glancing at him. "She'll be fine."

 

"Oh, she definitely will," Maya adds in, sending me a venomous glare. "You, however, I don't know so much about."

 

Rolling my eyes, I grab a nearby water bottle and splash a little on Kay. "Kay bae," I coo, gently tapping her cheek. "Wake up." She starts stirring.

 

"I know this probably isn't the right time," Derrick starts, bending down by Maya. She doesn't even spare him a glance. "But we haven't exactly been properly introduced-"

 

"I'm Maya, you're Derrick," Maya turns her glare towards him. "Happy now?"

 

"I'll be happy when I get your number."

 

"Well looks like you're going to stay unhappy; because there's no way in hell I'm giving you my number." Maya shoots Derrick down, before turning her attention back to a now coherent Kay. "Well it took you long enough."

 

Kay blinks her gorgeous blue eyes a couple more times, before she attempts to sit up. "I had the craziest dream."

 

Shit.

 

"Uhhh Kay," I struggle to find the right words. "You weren't-"

 

"Maya and I had just come back from depositing our paychecks to come home and find you about to have sex with Colin Kaepernick-"

 

"Kay-," Maya tries unsuccessfully to inform Kay that her fantasy was/is actually reality.

 

"Oh and then," Kay's cleft in her chin as she smiles and shakes her head in disbelief. "Derrick Rose came out our bathroom asking about Glade plug-ins."

 

"I'm still waiting for an answer, by the way."

 

Kae resembles a deer caught by headlights, as she whips her head around to the source of the voice. "It wasn't a dream," she whispers, more to herself, than anyone in particular.

 

"No shit Sherlock," Maya snorts.

 

Completely ignoring Maya, Kay snatches my left hand and gapes at my wedding ring. "You lying, little whore!" She accuses. "You got married and didn't even invite us? Scandalous bitch."

 

Sighing heavily, I pull my hand back, and play with the ring. "It's not what you think."

 

"Well what else are we supposed to think Aria?" Maya questions, crossing her arms. "You've yet to give us an explanation about any of this."

 

"I will, okay? Just...." Groaning, I rise up off the floor, Kay and Maya following my lead. "Derrick, Colin, this is Maya and Kaydence. They're my roommates."

 

"Single roommates," Kay adds on, pushing herself forward.

 

Maya rolls her eyes, "And looking to keep it that way."

 

"I'm sure I can change your mind," Derrick winks, flashing a cocky smile.

 

"I'm sure you can't," Maya mimics his wink and smile. Turning towards me, she gestures to Derrick with annoyance written all over her stunning face. "Please tell me this isn't the charlatan you're now married to?"

 

"Be nice Maya," I warn.

 

She scoffs, "I'll be nice when he stops behaving like a horny, pre-pubescent, teenage boy."

 

"Maya!" Kay exclaims, sending her a warning glare.

 

Copying Kay's earlier actions, Maya stares at me with expectancy. "Answer my question, Arianna."

 

I open my mouth to answer, but Colin beats me to it.

 

"She and I are married."

 

An awkward silence engulfs the room, for what seems like hours.

 

"This is fucking ludicrous," Maya shakes her head. For several moments, she tries speaking, but instead spurts out unfinished words. Finally, she is able to produce an understandable sentence. "What would possess you, the both of you, to get married?"

 

"Alcohol," Colin and I answer simply.

 

"Wait," Kay interrupts. She points at me with incredulity plastered all over her bare face. "You, little miss self-righteous, drank? As in alcohol? You? The same one who is always giving me long ass monologues about the dangers of even the tiniest bit of alcohol consumption?"

 

Crossing my arms, I sneer at her, "You're never going to let me live this down, are you?"

 

She feigns being proud and wipes at non-existent tears, "You know me so well."

 

"Enough with the idle chit chat," Maya scolds, clearly ready for more info. "What are you two going to do about this? An annulment?"

 

"One would think, but no." A beat. "We're staying married."

 

"What?" Maya and Kay exclaim in unison.

 

"Just for five months, and then were free to go our separate ways." Colin adds on.

 

"Why five months though?" Kay presses. Colin and I proceed to explain to her and Maya the terms of our arrangement. This explanation includes what little information we remember, in terms of what led up to this our current situation.

 

Being the polar opposites they are, their reactions are completely different.

 

"You guys are fucking imbeciles."

 

"Welcome to the family!"

 

"They're imbeciles with extremely good taste though," Kay adds on to Maya's statement. Flashing Colin a charming smiles, she reaches up to hug him. Let me just say that watching 5 feet Kay hug 6"5 Colin is a comical sight. "Very, very good taste." Kay giggles, admiring Colin's sculpted arms. "Do you have any other brothers, besides the married one?"

 

"Kay!" Maya and I hiss.

 

"Kidding!" She laughs it off, but Maya and I know better. Sure enough, she drops the laughter and turns her attention to Derrick. "You know the Chicago Bulls are my favorite basketball team?" She flirts, twirling a string of hair around her finger.

 

"Bitch you know good and well, you've been repping for the Miami Heat for almost all your life."

 

"Hush Aria," she hisses out, through her wide smile. "Some of us have yet to find our baller."

 

"Ya know," Maya starts. "I actually think they're a good match. The hoe and the dick. Match made in Heaven."

 

"So you admit it," Derek says.

 

"Admit what?" Maya queries, with an exasperated expression.

 

"You were thinking about my dick." He grins smugly.

 

She gives him a "WTF" look before glancing around the room, and looking at Colin. "You seem like a decent enough guy. Why do you even associate yourself with this Neanderthal?"

 

Colin just shakes his head, "I ask myself that same question every day." A beat. "Can I talk to you for a second?" He directs his question towards me.

 

Feeling my cheeks redden as I remember our earlier encounter in the kitchen, I shake my head yes, as we return to that exact same spot.

 

"What's up?" I ask, leaning against the same sink he had me on, not even an hour ago. Awkward much?

 

"I-," he starts, but as if in synchronization, our heads slowly turn towards the other three. Of course, they quickly try to return to whatever it is they were doing. Like, we don't know they were snooping.

 

Rolling my eyes, I unconsciously, grab Colin's hand and drag him with me.

 

"Come on," I murmur, leading him towards my room. Once inside, I close the door and turn on some music at a subdued volume. Upon turning back around, I see Colin looking around my room. His eyes settle on the various stuffed animals located in the middle of my bed. He reaches out and picks one up.

 

"Thumper?" He asks, looking and sounding amused.

 

Blushing, I snatch 'Thumpy' away from him, "Don't judge me."

 

"No judgment," he laughs. "I'm actually a huge Disney movie fan myself."

 

That definitely catches my attention.

 

"Seriously?"

 

He nods. "Watching a Disney movie before every game is kinda my ritual." He admits, with a red tint to his cheeks.

 

This man just got a billion times more attractive.

 

"Dude, that is so fucking awesome. You are now forever in my 'good' book. What's your fave Disney movie?" I question, sitting down on my bed. Easing back into my pillows, I pull my knees up to my chest. Due to the long length of the dress, I'm able to do so without exposing anything.

 

"Shit, just one?"

 

"Yup," I smile mischievously.

 

He pauses for a couple seconds, "The Incredibles."

 

"Nice choice," I say smoothly. "The Lion King owns all them bitches though." I laugh. "Best animated movie ever period."

 

"Totally debatable," He snickers. "I'm curious though. You said best animated movie, what do you consider to be the best movie, period, of all time?"

 

Without a second thought, I answer confidently. "The Avengers duh. No other movie compares. It's just that fucking bad ass."

 

"It's official," Colin exclaims. "You and I have to have a fucking Disney and superhero movie marathon."

 

"Dude. I'm so there. Consider it done." I laugh. "I won't lie though. I always bawl like a baby when Mufasa dies."

 

He leans close to me and whispers, "Keep a secret?" I lean in and nod. "When I was younger....I did too."

 

"When you were younger," I tease. "Of course."

 

"It's true!" He smiles. "Now, I'll own up to still humming along to 'I Just Can't Wait To Be King.'"

 

"Hey, I still sing along to every word of 'Can You Feel the Love Tonight?'." I admit, with no shame. "Hell, I plan on having it played as I walk down the aisle for my wedding. That is, if I can talk my husband into agreeing to it." I speak, without realizing how awkward and....ironic, it sounds.

 

"Trust me, he won't mind." Colin says, with sincerity in his voice and on his face. I swear, if I didn't know any better, he meant for that to come out with a double meaning.

 

Looking down, trying to conceal my blush, I decide to change the subject. "So what did you want to talk to me about anyway?" Silence. "Colin?

 

He takes a deep breath, "I want you to meet my parents."

 

The fuck?

 

For a quick second, my mouth drops, but I regain my composure. "Funny," I laugh, shaking my head. "No, but seriously, what's really up?"

 

"I'm serious," he says, without a trace of amusement. "I want you to meet my parents."

 

Double fuck.

 

Now it's my turn to look like the deer.

 

Jumping up, I move closer to him, up on my knees. "Are you out of your mind?! I can't meet your parents! I won't!"

 

"Would you calm down?!" He hisses, in a whispered tone. "You can and you will."

 

"Like hell I will," I snort, crossing my arms. "I'm not a child Colin. You can't force me to do anything. Why do you want me to meet them anyway? It's not like this is going to last anyway."

 

"Why are you so against the possibility of us, just maybe, working out?" He queries, growing frustrated.

 

I rolls my eyes, "I'm not against it. I just know how to distinguish fantasy from reality. Come on Colin, you and I are from two completely different worlds. Do you honestly see yourself spending the rest of your life with someone like me?"

 

He doesn't reply immediately, and instead gets up from off my bed. He leans over and places his arms on either side of me, leaving our faces inches apart.

 

"I do, and ya know something else?" his cool minty breath hits my face and his lowered octave leaves chills down my spine. "I think you do too, but you're just too scared to admit it."

 

Silence. Total silence. I don't know what to say. I want to cuss him out, tell him he's wrong, and argue his ass down until I'm blue in the face. However, I can't. Something is holding me back. What is it though?

 

Realizing I'm not going to say anymore, he moves away from me and nears the door. He places his hand on the doorknob. "I made a promise with my mom after getting drafted, that if I ever started seeing someone, she'd be the first to know. Clearly, this is an entirely different scenario, but I don't give a fuck. I refuse to have my parents find out about all of this through the damn media. You can bring your friends with you, I don't care, but consider this a part of our deal. I'm not going to force you though, because you're right; you're not a child. I'm asking you." He finally finishes, and once again, I'm left speechless.

 

I hear the doorknob turn and realize he's leaving. Shutting my eyes, and starting down, I call out to stop him.

 

"What?" Surprisingly, he doesn't sound upset, just disappointed.

 

Sighing heavily, I meet his gaze, and ask in a surprisingly soft voice.

 

"What time should I be ready?"

 

End Notes:

Okay, now for the bad news. I have family coming into town Monday and they will be here for a week. So, unforunately, I doubt I'll be update at all. It'll just be too hectic and I'll hardly have time to think, let alone write. My deepest apologies. Believe me when I say, it'll be harder on me not being able to write, than it will for you all not being able to read. :/ I hope you understand.

On, a lighter note, how did you like this? Not as many comical moments as the last chapter, but I love that moment between Colin and Arianna. Do you think it was too soon? Any predictions on what's going to happen when Aria meets her hubby's parents? 

Hint: D R A M A

REVIEW! (:

Mother? by DramaQueenAmby
Author's Notes:

I'm BACK! I missed this story and all of you. I tried to make it a little longer. 

Here are some visuals for this chapter:

Kay's Outfit: 

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s413/DramaQueenAmby/Never%20Let%20Me%20Go/3047564325_1_3_lM8CMsEL_zps9298c2fc.jpg

Maya's Outfit:

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s413/DramaQueenAmby/Never%20Let%20Me%20Go/7a9a_Meagan-Good-NBC-Newswire_zps5a78776e.png

Arianna's Outfit: 

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s413/DramaQueenAmby/Never%20Let%20Me%20Go/tumblr_mj0owgwzPT1rlcnywo1_1280_zpsbbc7a1f3.jpg

 

 "Kay! Where the hell did you put my waver?!"

"Aria! Can I borrow your black peep toes?!?!"

"Okay, which one of you bitches took my goddamn MAC brushes?!"

That's only a small sample of the chaos that's currently ensuing as the three of us try to get ready. Truth be told, I really don't want to go to this damn dinner, but I feel obligated. I did say that I would go along with the "plan," and, well, I stay true to my word.

"What do you think his parents are like?" I question quietly, flat ironing a section of my dyed hair.

Maya and Kay pause momentarily from applying their make-up and glance at me, each other, and then at me again.

"Rich," they answer bluntly.

Maya laughs softly as I throw a hair clip at the two of them. "We're just messing with you Arianna. I'm sure they're nice people."

"She's right," Kay adds. "I mean, Colin seems like a decent enough guy. The apple must not have fallen far from the tree."

"What are you more worried about?" Maya interrogates, applying her mascara. "Whether they're nice people or whether they'll like you or not?"

Shit. I hate how she's so good at reading me.

"Shouldn't she want them to like her though?" Thank you Kay. "I mean, whether or not this whole ordeal is a sham, she should still want to make a good impression."

Kay-1

Maya-0

"Thank you Kaydence," I smile, ignoring Maya's glare.

"No problem girl," she returns my smile. "So when are you going to hook a sister up?"

Dammit. I should've known she had an ulterior motive.

"1. You're not black Kay, therefore, you are not a 'sister'. Preferring black men does not automatically make you black. 3. I haven't even met anyone besides Derrick, who clearly has a thing for Maya-"

"Do not put my name in the same sentence with that.....thing, in there," Maya spurns. "Plus, I don't even find him attractive, and his ego is too much for me. She can have him."

"Ya know, Derrick's really not that bad once you get to know him Maya," I sigh. "And you're crazy if you don't find him, not even the least bit attractive."

"So I'm crazy for not finding an arrogant, egotistical, typical celebrity athlete attractive? But you're completely sane for meeting, screwing, and marrying a complete stranger in less than 24 hours?" She finishes by sucking her teeth. "Nice logic Aria."

Rolling my eyes, I finally finish my hair and switch off the flat iron. "How many times do I have to reiterate that I was drunk as hell? And not that it's any of your damn business, but we didn't even have sex." I finish with a blush.

Both of their jaws drop, but Kay is the first to speak.

"What do you mean you didn't have sex?" She looks as if I've just told her that I turned down a million dollars. "You turned down Colin freaking Kaeperdick."

Maya rolls her eyes, "Kaeperdick? Really Kaydence?"

"Hey, from what I heard, brother knows how to put it down."

My mouth forms into a grimace, "How-never mind. I don't even want to know." Something she says catches my attention. "Wait, he's black?"

She gives me a 'really' look. "Yeah. Well, he's half. His dad is black and his mom is white. But he's-"

"Adopted," I finish for her. "Yeah, he told me."

Cue the awkward silence.

"I'll be right back," Kay breaks the silence. Maya and I look her up and down, mostly because she's dressed in only her bra and underwear.

"You're not going out there by them...are you?" I don't even know why I'm bothering to ask considering I already know the answer.

"Obviously."

Maya sighs, finishing her make-up. "Why?"

A beat.

"I forgot something?" It's a question, not an answer. "Look! I'll be right back!" She exits the room.

Maya and I sit in silence, both of us invested in our own thoughts. Most of mine revolve around everything that's happened in just 24 hours. This is insane. It's madness!

"What am I doing Maya?" I groan, grabbing a random make-up item and applying it liberally to my eyelids.

"Using lipstick as eye liner," she answers plainly, chucking slightly.

"Shit!" Throwing down the red lipstick, I grab tissue and start running furiously at my eyes.

"Stop it Arianna," Maya says sternly, snatching the tissue from me. "What's wrong with you?"

"I'm a freaking idiot. That's what's wrong with me."

She sighs, "Why?"

"For getting myself into this mess in the first place," I moan, as she starts cleaning my eyes. "I don't want to be married. I don't want to meet his parents. And I sure as hell don't want to move in with him! I don't want any of this." She doesn't say anything. "Maya?"

"Why are you being so damn selfish?"

 Wait. What?

"Selfish?" I question, gesturing to myself. "How the hell am I being selfish?"

"Is your career on the line? Is your public image at stake? Do you have people constantly following your every whereabouts? No. You know who does though? Colin. He's the one with everything at risk right now. Not to mention, he's putting his trust into a complete and total stranger. It's nothing for you to Google him and look up any pertinent information, but he can't do the same with you. He doesn't know anything about you, yet he trusts you to put up this facade. I'm not saying you don't have the right to be scared, but put yourself in Colin's shoes and try to imagine what he's going through right now."

She's right. She's completely and totally right. I am being selfish. I don't know what's getting to me. Where the hell is my composure? I'm acting like some teenage fan girl.

"You're right," I sigh, defeat and acceptance lacing my voice.

"As usual," she smirks, finishing my eyes. She drops the smug expression, "They're going to love you Arianna."

"Sure they will," I mutter, rolling my eyes. "Enough of this sentimental and lecturing crap. Help me find something to wear."

A broad smile appears on her face, "I thought you'd never ask."

ooooooo000oooooooo

"I look like a banana," I complain, crossing my arms over my chest.

"You look nice and sophisticated," Maya corrects, leaning over my shoulder.

"A nice and sophisticated banana," Kay snorts, putting the final touches on her hair.

"See!" I whine. "I should change."

"You're seriously taking advice from the head hoe herself?"

"I'd rather be a hoe than a condescending and conceited bitch," Kay shoots back.

"It's called having morals, if you even know what morals means."

"I swear, if you guys don't cut this shit out now." I warn, feeling a headache coming on. For the most part, the three of us get along just fine. We practically all grew up together. However, Kay and Maya tend to have their moments. One of which, is about to commence. Unfortunately, for them though, I'm not in the mood for their childish bickering. "I need the two of you to be there for me tonight. Meaning, I don't want any drama. This dinner needs to go smooth and, if even possible, perfect. So please, don't embarrass me. Okay?"

Two, muttered, and low "fines" are the only response I get from the two of them.

Shaking my head, I grab my clutch off the dresser and head for the door. I hear sighing and mumbling from behind, but I don't even bother to acknowledge them.

Upon entering the living room, I find Derrick relaxing on our sofa, with his feet on the coffee table.

"Have you no manners?" Maya scoffs, approaching him with a stern expression. "Feet off the table."

He ignores her command, but lets his eyes roam her from head to toe.

"Did you hear what I said?" She repeats, growing more and more irritated by his lack of cooperation.

"Oh, I heard you." He answers with annoyance.

"Well then, move your damn feet!" She shouts, trying control her temper.

He simply smiles with amusement, "You're even prettier when you're angry, ya know that?"

"I'm not angry," she closes her eyes and speaks through clenched teeth.

Derrick cocks his head to the side, "Ya sure? You seem a little....on edge."

"If I am, it's because of your irritating ass."

"So much hostility," he shakes his head, and finally removes his feet from off the table. Standing up, he looks down at her, "I could help you get rid of that. Easily."

Her eyes narrow, as she raises her hands as if to strike him, but she drops them back down. "You know what? I'm above this. I refuse to let your juvenile antics get to me." She turns towards me, "I'll be waiting in the car. Kay can get the address. Aria you can just ride with the guys." Without even giving me a chance to respond, she grabs the keys to our car and forces the door open. When she does, an apparently pissed off Colin is waiting outside. "Your wifey is ready." She says to him, before brushing shoulders and walking past him.

He shakes his head in confusion and walk in, closing the door behind him, "What's wrong her?"

"Ask your friend," I gesture to Derrick who's currently conversing with Kay. I hope that she's getting the address and not his number with her thirsty behind. Although I'm curious as to what they're discussing, the distressed look on Colin's face is drawing my attention.

Crossing my arms, I walk up to him, "Are you okay?"

He looks down at me with uncertainty and hesitation, almost as if he wishes to tell me something, but is unsure if he should or not.

"Yeah," he answers, after a minute or so. "I'm fine."

Lies. He's lying. I can see it, even with the poker face he's trying to put up. It's a good one though. I'll give him that.

"Okay," is my only reply, because I can sense he wants to drop the conversation altogether. Turning back around, I see Derrick and Kay are ready to leave.

"Derricks riding with Maya and me," she says with elation.

"What?" I question, while my eyes widen. "I don't think Maya will be too thrilled about that."

"She'll get over it," Kay waves off my concerns, as she and Derrick head out the door. He moves out the way to let her exit first. His eyes remain glued to her switching hips as she exits. Licking his lips, he flashes up the ‘deuces' before closing the door.

I feel Colin's eyes on me, but I refuse to meet his gaze. I decide to head towards the kitchen. Grabbing my cell phone, I throw it in my purse, and rearrange some items. "Okay, I'm ready when-" Looking up, I see he's not even listening to me, and is clearly in deep thought about something.

"Hey...." I touch his arm, causing him to look at me. "Whatever's bothering you, and don't tell me nothing is, because I see right through that lie, you can talk to me about it. You can talk to me, ya know. I mean, we are married after all..."

He chuckles softly at my weak attempt of a joke, before walking over and sitting on the sofa. 

"My mother is going to be there."

Okay, what?

"Oh," I say blankly, going to sit by him. "I thought you wanted me to meet your mother, both your parents."

"I mean my birth mother is going to be there," He corrects, placing his head in his hands.

"You've never met her before......have you?" I question, but it sounds more like a statement. Silent. "Damn." A beat. "I don't understand though, if you've never met her, why is she even going to be there?"

"My parents have maintained an on and off relationship with her all these years. I've never desired to meet her though. We would message each other on MySpace when I was in college, but I cut off contact with her after a....disagreement, if you will. Soon after I got signed, she became more interested in meeting me."

"Of course," I scoff, shaking my head. "Sorry. Continue."

He flashes a small smile. Damn, this man really does have an alluring presence about him. "Apparently, my parents invited her over for dinner tonight, since they weren't exactly expecting me."

Sighing heavily, I take a few seconds to think about what I want to say. "Well, I can understand your hesitation, especially since it seems she's only after the NFL star Colin Kaepernick, instead of just her son Colin. But I also don't see the harm in just meeting the woman. You don't have to start a relationship with her. She is your mother after all..."

He looks at me with annoyance and scoffs bitterly, before staring straight ahead, "I knew you wouldn't understand."

Rolling my eyes, I bite my tongue and ignore his snide comment, "What was the disagreement about?"

A beat.

"My birth father," he answers quietly. "She knows exactly who and where he is, but refuses to tell me."

"Bitch," I mutter, covering my mouth when I realize what I've said. "I mean-"

"You're fine," he laughs, leaning back against the sofa.

"I can't tell you what to do Colin, because the choice is really up to you. What I will say is this: Since it seems like your mother is only out to use you or to gain a profit, why not do the same with her?"

He looks at me questionably, "I'm listening."

"Play her game. Make her think you're willing to accept her into your life, just long enough for her to tell you what you want to know about your father."

"Interesting," A beat. "It's a little....vindictive though, don't you think?"

"Maybe," I shrug, leaning back, turning sideways to face him. "But if it works, isn't it worth it?" No response. "I know if it was me in your situation, and I had even the slightest opportunity to find out who or even where my father is, I'd do whatever it takes."

He looks at me for a few seconds before asking a question I wasn't expecting, "What about your mother?"

Shit. Why did he have to go there?

"What about her?" I answer tersely.

He's unaffected by the change in my voice, "If you had the opportunity to meet her, would you?"

Dammit. We were having such a nice conversation and he had to go and ruin it. Fuck. No, fuck him. Wait. Why are my eyes watering? Damn you emotions! I refuse to let him see me cry. No, I'm stronger than that.

"We should get going," my voice comes out much weaker than I expected. Rising up off the sofa, I don't bother to look at him, but he grabs my arm. Sighing, I turn back around and drag my gaze to the ground. "What?"

Standing up, he places his index finger under my chin and forces me to look at him, "Ya know," his other hand plays with my hair. "That thing you said about being able to talk to you; it goes both ways." I can't bring myself to break our eye contact. The sincerity and honesty in his voice genuinely shock me. "Thanks for listening," he says softly, placing a chaste kiss on my forehead. Walking past me, he heads out the door leaving me to my many, many, conflicting thoughts.

 

End Notes:

As always.....

Thoughts?

Mother? (Continued) by DramaQueenAmby
Author's Notes:

My apologies. I should have checked the chapter before I added it. For whatever reason, a good chunk of it was cut off. Don't ask me why. Anyway, here is the rest of chapter 8.

Silence.

Awkward silence.

Almost two hours of awkward silence to be precise.

This seems to be a recurring theme in our "relationship" so far, which is definitely not a good thing. Especially since, we have another 5 months to go until we're through with each other.

Twiddling with my fingers, I gradually drag my gaze from my lap to glance at him. With peripheral vision, I can see his eyes are focused strictly on the road. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. I'm gonna go with bad especially since he hasn't said a word to me since he started driving.

Great, now I have to make peace.

"Look," I sigh, clenching my eyes shut.   "I'm sorry about how I acted back there. It's nothing personal. I just....I don't like opening up to people unless their name is Maya or Kaydence." He says nothing, so I continue. "So, for future reference, keep the personal questions to a minimum and-"

"So let me get this straight," he interrupts and I can't decipher the tone in his voice. "It's alright for you to ask me personal questions, but I can't do the same with you?"

"Don't do that," I send him a sharp look. "Don't turn my words around."

"Isn't that what you're saying though?" He retaliates, eyes still focused on the road.

"No, what I'm saying is I'd rather you not try to get any information about my past out of me because it will only end up bad for you. I only asked you about your mother, because I honestly cared about what was bothering you. "I answer brusquely, spurting each word with more and more frustration.

Again, silence.

"How could you tell?" He asks, after several minutes. "That something was up with me, I mean? Not many people are able to do that."

"I'm good at reading people," I shrug. "Plus, I just like helping people."

"But you don't like people helping you?" He counters, and I can't help but to roll my eyes.

"No, I don't, and even if I did; I don't need help."

He chuckles and shakes his head, and I feel my anger begin to boil. "What the hell is...." I trail off as he pulls up to a decent sized and upscale looking home. "Wait.......this is your parents' house?"

He glances at me, "Yeah."

"This is where you grew up?" My mouth drops, as he pulls into the lengthy driveway. "In this house? In this neighborhood? In-"

"In this state too," he says sarcastically, bringing the car to a stop.

"Life has surely dealt you a nice ass hand," I mutter, unbuckling my seatbelt. "Wait, so what's the plan here?"

He looks at me with confusion, "Pardon?"

"What am I supposed to say to your parents? Hi, I'm Arianna. I'm the woman who met and married your son all in one night, so now I'll be around for the next 5 months." I say sarcastically, with a broad smile. I drop the fake grin, "yes, because that will go over so well."

"Just be you Arianna," he sighs, placing his hand over mine. The subtle action sends chills down my spine and I quickly snatch my hand back. "What's wrong?"

"You're very touchy feely, ya know that   ?" I mumble.

"Didn't seem to bother you when we were in the kitchen," he smiles arrogantly.

Blushing profusely, I mutter out a weak, "Fuck you." I reach to open the car door, but he tells me to wait. "Why?"

Rolling his eyes, he swings the door open and exits. The hell? Does he want me to sit in this damn car or something? Well, maybe he wants to talk to his family first or something. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

"Are you coming or what?" Quickly whisking my head to the side, I find Colin waiting with a frustrated expression. He's holding the door open for me.

"Oh," I murmur lamely, crawling out the car. "You didn't have to do that ya know. I'm perfectly capable of opening a car door."

"Did I ever say you weren't?" He complains, obviously frustrated. "Why do you have to question every little thing I do?"

"Did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe, I don't trust you?" I shoot back, unconsciously playing on his words from earlier today.

"What part of N O don't you understand?" I hear Maya's shout, followed by the slamming of a car door. Stomping up to us, she directly faces Colin.  "Why the hell did you send that cad to drive us? Kay and I would have found this place without him. We didn't need or want his help."

"Speak for yourself," Kay adds, walking towards us with Derrick close behind.

"What are you talking about?" Colin questions, "I didn't send him-"

"Colin!" A shrilly, high pitched voice screams and I swear, I've never heard such an irritating sound before in my life. A woman, clearly in her mid-thirties, dressed in several shades of pink, is the source. Her blonde hair stretches past her shoulders by a few inches and frames her oddly shaped face. The broad smile on her face reveals a triangular shaped chin and pearly white teeth. The age lines near her ocean eyes are even more visible because of the load of makeup she has piled on. She looks like a middle aged, real life Barbie Doll.

Without even acknowledging the rest of us, she jumps straight into Colin's arms. As strange as it is, I can't help the bit of jealousy I feel forming.

"Nice to see you too Lindsay," he laughs, letting her down. "Mom didn't tell me you were going to be here."

"You didn't tell us you were getting married," she arches an eyebrow.

"Oh," Colin nervously rubs the back of his neck. "She told you about that?"

Lindsay nods her head with a disapproving look, "To be honest with you Colin, I'm more disappointed than angry." She chides. "You know better! Wifing up some girl you met in a club that you know nothing about? For all you know she could be a stripper, or God forbid, something worse, like an escort!"

"This woman," I correct, inserting myself into the conversation. I don't know who this woman thinks she is, but she has no idea who she's playing with. "Is standing right here, so I'd appreciate it if you talked to me, rather than about me. Let's get one thing straight, I'm not a stripper, and I'm sure as hell not an escort."

"Oh do please forgive me," she cuts me off, feigning a look of guilt. "Where are my manners? I'm Lindsay, Colin's sister-in-law. You must be....Adrian?"

"Arianna," I correct, maintaining my stern disposition. "Please to meet you."

"Likewise," I mirror her fake smile.

She turns back towards Colin and grabs his hand, "Come on Mr. MVP. We have a lot of catching up to do." Without even looking back at the rest of, Lindsay and Colin walk off into the house.

"I don't like that bitch."

"Should I kick her ass now or later?"

"Please tell me the rest of his family isn't like her."

"Join the club," Derrick mutters in response to Maya. He then turns towards me, "No, she and Colin's bro are the only rude ones. His sister and his parents are the nicest people you could ever meet." A beat. "A hint of advice to all of you though? Colin really is a nice guy. You can say whatever you want about him, and he'll just brush it off. He's chill like that, but he doesn't let anyone talk about his family. That's his world right there."

"Even wannabe Barbie?" Maya refers to Lindsay.

Derrick nods, "The last time I tried telling him about her, he and I went almost three months without speaking. Hell, our friendship would have probably been over if I hadn't apologized."

"Blood is thicker than water...." I trail off, crossing my arms. "So, what would happen if I were to tell him about-"

"Don't," Derrick's voice takes on a firm tone. "It won't end well for either of you. Like I said, Colin is my boy, and he really is a good person. But his family is basically his weakness. When provoked, he has a nasty temper....."

"Well so do I," Kay buts in. "So, as I said before, should I kick her ass now or later?"

Maya's POV:

Rolling my eyes, I adjust the straps on my purse. "Let's just get this over with."

"Don't worry," Derrick smiles at Kay and I, placing his arm around both of us. "I'll keep her out of your way."  

"How about you stay out of my way as well?" I flash him a fake smile, and shrug his arm off and move by Aria. Ever since the word ‘temper' left Derrick's mouth, she's been strangely quiet. I feel a pang in my chest when I realize she's scratching at her arms. "Stop it," I command gently. She looks at me with confusion and I dart my eyes down at her arms, and she follows my lead. She blinks her eyes at the sight of her now inflamed arms. The pressure of her scratching has left nasty red lines on both of her lower arms. "Are you sure you're up for this?" She offers no reply, and continues to stare down at her arms. . Looking up, I see Derrick and Kay have headed inside. "Aria, I'm sure Derrick was just exaggerating about Colin. Besides, everyone has a temper girl."

"Yes, but not everyone knows how to control their temper Maya," She scoffs bitterly. I can hear her voice cracking. No, I refuse to let her revert. She has come too far to relapse.

"Listen to me," I grab both of her hands and squeeze them tightly. "I promise you Aria, whatever awaits you in the next 5 months, good or bad, I will be there with you. I wasn't there for you back then like I should have been, but you can bet your ass that I'm going to be there for you now." A small smile forms on her face, "I don't know, I just....I have a good feeling about this. There's just this peace within that I can't really describe."

"The queen of pessimism of herself, has a good feeling? I'm shocked." She jokes, and wipes at her eyes. "Thank you Maya."

I return her smile, "Anytime." Linking our arms, I start leading us towards the door.

One thing is for sure, this is guaranteed to be an interesting dinner.

End Notes:

Read&&Review 

The Dinner by DramaQueenAmby
Author's Notes:

So sorry for the wait. I'm currently trying to finish a Research Paper. :-/

However, I need to take a moment out to thank an amazing person. Story Maya is actually based off of my RL best friend, who's also named Maya and is actually....basically....my co-author. She's been giving me a lot of these ideas and a lot of the upcoming ideas. She gives me the ideas and I turn them into...this. Haha. So big shoutout to her. She'll be my back-up when I go through one of my writer block phases.

Also, a lot of you have mentioned still wanting/hoping for a sex scenes. But I can pretty much promise you that I am not going to write any love scenes for this story. I just can't. 

However, if any of you would like to write one yourself and submit it to me or post it as a stand alone or whatever, I'm completely okay with that. As long as proper credit is given to me, and I will for sure give credit to you, I don't mind. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Derrick wasn't lying.

I've never met anyone nicer than Mr. and Mrs. Kaepernick. When Maya and I finally walked into the house, we were met with the all too amusing sight of Colin getting scolded by his mother. Surprisingly, it wasn't over him marrying me. It was over him leaving me and the rest of us outside. He was already clearly embarrassed, but when he saw me, his face reddened even more.

Anyway, moving on to his amazing family. Neither his mom or dad greeted Kay, Maya or I with a handshake. Instead, they pulled us into friendly hugs. It was a little uncomfortable at first, but after realizing it was just their personality, I was genuinely touched.

Not even twenty minutes after meeting them, we were on a first name basis.  Everything was going absolutely wonderful, with the exception of Lindsay who had been in Colin's face ever since his arrival. I really don't like that woman. She's beyond fake and I honestly don't see how Colin is so oblivious to that. Everyone sees it.

After about thirty minutes, the sound of someone entering the house halted everyone's conversations. A middle aged, pudgy and, rather unattractive Caucasian man entered. He didn't enter alone though. Following behind him was a woman, who I instantly recognized as Colin's mother. The relation between the two is undeniable. They have, pretty much, the exact same facial features. When she smiles, it's especially noticeable. He is definitely her son.

Already acquainted with majority of the Kaepernick's, her greeting with them is short and to the point. With the same polite brevity, she introduces herself to the rest of us. I honestly have nothing bad to say about the woman. Truth be told, I actually feel a little guilty for what I told Colin to do. I find it hard to believe the kind woman is only out to use the son she, regretfully, gave away all those years ago.

Heidi, his mother, shed a few tears when it finally came time to meet Colin. Although trying his damn hardest to maintain a neutral mien, I could see he was a little jolted about seeing her too. The two excused themselves and went to go talk in another room for about ten minutes, before returning.

After that, everything continued to go rather smoothly. That was, until, it came time for dinner to actually start and the questions began rolling out.

Flashback

"Arianna," Teresa, Colin's adopted mother, addresses me. I quip my eyebrow as a means of acknowledging her. "I know you mentioned that you're currently enrolled in school. Actually, I suppose my question is aimed towards all of you ladies. What exactly are all of you studying?"

I glance at Maya, mentally asking her to go first, "We'll our academic....achievements, if you will, are a little different than your average college student."

"We all received our Associates Degree in high school. I majored in Performing Arts, Maya majored in Fashion Design, and Arianna majored in Speech and Theater."

"So now," I join in. "We're finishing up our bachelors. Maya will receive her B.S in Apparel Design, Kay will have a B.A. in Dance and I will have my B.F.A in drama." I finish with a deep inhale. I look around nervously, noticing no one is saying anything.

Shit.

Silence is never a good sign.

"Well, I for one, am very impressed with all of you." Rick, Colin's father, says with a fascinated smile. "You young ladies should be extremely proud of yourselves."

"I know I am," Kay muses, smiling broadly.

Maya playfully shakes her head at Kay, "Thank you sir."

"It certainly hasn't been easy though," I add on, playing with my salad. I've never been a big fan of anything that's green and, allegedly, edible.

"So do all of you want to go into show business or something?" Lindsay questions, trying to play innocent. "I mean, that's the vibe I'm getting considering the subjects you all are studying in."

"Yes, and no," Kay answers. "I would like to eventually become a professional choreographer, but I'm not specifically seeking fame. None of us are."

"Exactly," Maya shakes her head in agreement. "I would eventually like to own my own clothing line and make a name for myself in the fashion industry. But I would be just as content with saving up my money and opening up my own boutique.

"I suppose my ambitions are a little more....Hollywood themed than Maya and Kay's," I admit, brushing my hair back with my fingers. "I want to be an actress, not just on film and television. I'd also like to be on Broadway as well. However, I would be totally okay with settling as an acting coach or maybe even teaching high school drama. Whatever door opens first."

"Interesting," pudgy man, who turns out to be Colin's brother mutters. "An aspiring actress and a professional athlete. What a convenient match." He laughs, and I literally have to bite my tongue to keep from lashing out at him. Is this bastard seriously suggesting I'm out to use Colin? "What about jobs? You girls do work, I assume."

"Yes, we do work," Maya answers sharply. "We have two jobs actually."

"Really?" Colin decides to join in. About damn time too, "What are they?"

"Well we teach dance Monday through Friday from 7:30pm to 9:00pm."

"I thought you were the dancer," Lindsay interrupts Kay, with a suspicious tone in her voice.

"I am," Kay shoots back, without even looking at Barbie. "But we're all excellent dancers."

"And your other job?" Pudgy presses.

"Ummm...." I trail off, feeling warmth rise to my cheeks. I murmur quietly, "We work at Hooters Monday through Friday from 1:30 to 7:00."

As expected, another awkward silence blankets the table. Surprisingly though, Teresa, Heidi, and Rick look unfazed. Colin and Derrick look slightly turned on and intrigued. It's only fat Ken and old ass Barbie who have looks of disapproval.

"We got us Hooter Girls," Derrick cheeses, slapping Colin on the arm.

"Colin does," Maya gives him a forced smile. "You, however, have nothing except your ha-health." She quickly corrects. Her mishap flies by the parents, but not the rest of us. "Thank The Lord for good health.

"Amen," Kay smirks, with an almost Madea sounding undertone.

End Flashback

Against my expectations, his family kept the personal questions to a minimum. Actually, there barely were any. Thank God. Of course, there were other....interesting encounters.

Flashback

I excuse myself from the table to bring my plate into the kitchen. Scraping the leftovers on my plate into the trash, I place my dishes into the side of the sink that's filled with soapy water. As soon as I turn around, I'm met with pudgy himself. It's like a scene out of a movie. I turn around, and he appears out of nowhere.

Creepy.

Placing my hand over my chest, I feel my exceling heartbeat. "You scared the sh-crap out of me."

"Sorry," he offers, but it's so fake, that I don't even accept it.

"It's okay," I murmur, straightening out my dress. "Is there something I can help you with?"

He stares at me for several seconds, without saying anything, and it's starting to piss me off.

"I just wanted to apologize if I have offended you in any way," He stuffs his hands in his pockets. "I don't think we got off on the greatest start and considering you're going to be around for a while; I think it's only fitting that we remain cordial."

If ever there was a more fake ‘apology.' Every word that just came out his mouth is so un-authentic. I internally roll my eyes, and prepare to tell him off. Of course though, Derricks warning about Colin's family comes back to my memory. Shit. I have to play nice with this racist scumbag. What I really wanna do is punch this baboon, but I'm able to force out a simple:

"Okay"

He smiles and pulls out his hands, raising his arms for a hug.

Oh good Lord.

Swallowing back my utter dislike for this man, I accept his hug. Instead of the short and awkward embrace I was expecting, he seems to hold on to me. It's longer and tighter than your usual friendly hug. I swear, I think I even feel him sniff my hair.

What.The.Hell.

Even worse, I feel his arms starting to move their way down south.

Just as I'm about to push him off me, Maya and Derrick come walking in.

Pudgy immediately pulls away from me and flashes the two of them a friendly smile. They greet him back with suspicious looks.

"Were we interrupting anything?" Maya trails off, glancing back and forth between us.

"No," Pudgy laughs. "Just trying to get to know each other a little better, that's all."

Both Derrick and Maya look unconvinced.

Pudgy, smiling as if nothing just happened excuses himself and exits the room.

"What the hell was that?" Maya demands, almost as soon as he is gone.

 "Shrugging my shoulders, I try not to make a big deal out of it, "It was nothing."

"Sure as hell didn't look like nothing," Derrick chimes, sounding somewhat concerned. "I think Kyle may like you Arianna."

"We'll I sure as hell don't like him," I scoff, rolling my eyes. "Besides, he may have just been trying to frisk me to make sure I didn't steal anything."

"Yes, because you're totally capable of sneaking something in your ass," Maya says sarcastically.

"Well......" Derrick trails off, leaning to look at my ass. Maya slaps him on his chest, "I'm just messing with you girl." He laughs, moving his arms around Maya's waist. "You know you're my woman."

Her cheeks redden and I notice she hesitates to move his arms from around her, "For the last time you imbecile, I am not your woman."

"Yet," He smirks, trailing his eyes down, but stops when he reaches her chest.

Maya clearly notices this, "Stop ogling me you sexist ass!" He covers his mouth to stifle a chuckle, "What?"

Glancing down to her chest to see what the hell Derrick finds so amusing, my eyes widen at the sight.

One of the buttons on her shirt has popped off. I whisper in her ear for her to look down, and when she does, her eyes widen as well.

"Dammnit!" She curses, and hurries to throw her plate in the sink, "I think I have an extra shirt in the car." She starts digging through her bag, and pulls out her car keys. "I'll be right back." She quickly scurries out the kitchen.

Derrick turns towards me and takes on that whole serious demeanor again. "All jokes aside though, let me know if Kyle gives you any more problems. I got your back."

"Thanks Derrick," I smile, cocking my head to the side. "That's awfully kind of you."

"Don't mention it little bit," he drapes his arm around me. "I gotta ask though....you work at damn Hooters, a sports bar, and yet you didn't know who I was?"

Car Rides and Motivations by DramaQueenAmby
Author's Notes:

EXTREMELY sorry for the long wait. School has been kicking me in the ass. :-/ I tried making this one long to somewhat make up for the wait. Hope you enjoy. Also, I'm pretty exhausted right now, so I'll add imagery picture links for this chapter tomorrow. Enjoy! 

Shit.

I'm late.

No, scratch that. We're late-miserably and utterly late.

"This is fucking ridiculous," Maya grunts out through clenched teeth. "I always knew that this would happen. Goddamn old ass water heater."

"Just shut up Maya," Kay mutters, rubbing either arm applying excessive pressure. "I swear you are the most pessimistic person I've ever met."

"Both of you are getting on my last goddamn nerves," I hiss under my breath, shutting off the flat iron. "Maintenance said they can't get out here until 1:30." In case it's not obvious, we have no hot water whatsoever. The damn water heater has been threatening to go out on us for some time now. However, we weren't expecting it to happen so sudden.

"Shit," Kay cusses, applying her make-up. "That's the soonest?"

Nodding solemnly, I start applying my make-up. "So that leaves us with a dilemma. Someone has to be in here with maintenance while here."

"I'll do it," Kay offers, quickly throwing on her clothes. "But then that leaves you two without transportation-"

"And without a way to get to work," Maya finishes.

"We could take a cab, but that would be crazy expensive, especially with how bad traffic is around that time," Maya groans.

"We could just ride with you-"

"And be late for work?" Kay cuts me off, "No, it's bad enough I'm going to be late, but you two can't be late as well."

"Great, so not only are we going to miss our first class, but we're all going to be late for work," Maya smiles sarcastically. "Can this day get any worse?"

"Maybe we could ask someone to give us a ride?" I offer, pulling my hair into a high ponytail.

Maya rolls her eyes, "Everyone we know that has a car and wouldn't mind helping us is usually getting off their lunch break at that time, Aria."

A beat.

"Not everyone," Kay pipes up, a huge smile creeping up on her face.

Maya flashes her a questionable glance, "Who else....." She trails off, and a knowing smirk forms.

Darting my eyes back and forth between the two, I finally catch on to what they're thinking about. "No!"

"Why not Aria?" Kay whines, moving to stand closer to me. "He's your freaking husband for Christ sake."

"I don't know him well enough to ask for something like this," I offer lamely, regretting my sad excuse as soon as it leaves my mouth.

"Oh, but you knew him well enough to marry him?" Maya retorts, rolling her eyes. "Look Aria, it's just a ride. It's not like we're asking him for money or anything like that. We don't have much of an option right now and we're running on borrowed time right now. So," she stops and grabs my phone out of my purse and reaches it to me. "Either you call him or I will."

Fuck.

I snatch the phone from her, glancing at the time (7:25), I think of another excuse.

"He's probably still sleeping-"

"He's a professional athlete Aria," Kay interjects. "Nine times out of ten, he's getting ready to go, currently at, or finishing up at the gym." A beat. "Call him now."

I really hate these two sometimes.

"Fine," I hiss, opening up my contacts. Scrolling through the letters, I frown when I don't see his name by the C's. Maybe he put it under his last name? I continue to search, but stop when I spot a name I don't recognize.

Hubby

Smiling softly, I feel my cheeks redden, before pressing dial.

If they weren't so busy trying to finish getting ready, I'm sure Kay and Maya would be questioning my flushed face.

After the fourth ring, I decide to just hang up the phone. Pulling it away from my ear, I move my finger to press end.

"Hello?"

Shit.

He would answer the phone.

I quickly pull it back to my ear, "Colin?"

He laughs softly, "Morning Arianna."

"Did I wake you?" I ask, noticing how Maya and Kay's movement seems to have slowed. Nosy ass people.

"Naw, I just finished working out," Damn you Kaydence. "Why, what's up?"

"Umm...I was wondering if you could possibly do me a favor."

"Uhhh okay," he says unsurely. "What do you need?"

Releasing a heavy sigh, I start telling him about our predicament.

"Well our water heater broke this morning, so we have no hot water and maintenance said the soonest they can get out here is at 1:30. We finish all our classes at one, but Kay has to leave right after so she can meet the maintenance man here. Unfortunately, we have to be at work at that time, and since Kay will be taking our car, we have no way to get there. I really hate asking you this, especially since we hardly even know each other, but you're the only person we know that isn't working at that time. It's completely fine if you can't do it. I understand. Truth be told, I-"

"Okay," he cuts me off.

"What?" I question, moving the phone closer to my ear to make sure I can hear him.

"I'll do it," he replies, sounding amused. "It's really not a problem."

"Oh my gosh, thank you so much. I owe you one." God, I sound so pathetic.

"Hurry up Aria!" Maya yells, pointing to the clock on the wall

"Shit," I curse, grabbing my purse and the bag with my uniform. "Look, I have to go, but I'll text you the address and such."

"Okay," he replies, and I swear, it sounds as if he's....excited.

"Oh, and Colin?" Shutting the light off in my room, I leave and shut the door behind me.

"Yeah?"

I check to make sure Maya and Kay aren't nearby or in listening range, "Can you bring Derrick with you?"

He pauses for a moment, "Sure, why though?"

Smirking, I make sure all the burners on the stove are off, "Let's just say I owe Maya a favor."

OooooooooooOOooooooooo

By the time we got to school, all three of us had missed our first class of the day. Kaydence didn't seem too bothered by it since it's her most hated class. Maya and I, however, hate missing any class. We thrive on lectures and it's a pain in the ass trying to get notes from other people in our classes. Nevertheless, despite our horrendous morning start, the day (so far) has been good. I still get chills thinking about my cold ass shower this morning. As soon as our last class ended, Kay was off the premises and on the highway. California traffic is a bitch.

Staying true to my word, I had text Colin the address and where exactly to meet us. But, as we sit waiting for him and (unbeknownst to Maya) Derrick to arrive, my roommate and I sit on a bench and wait.

"So what's the real reason you keep giving Derrick such a hard time?"

She cuts her eyes at me, "You know damn well why-he's unbearable Aria."

Rolling my eyes, I pull out my phone and turn the ringer on high, "You haven't even given him a chance Maya."

"I've seen enough to know that giving him a chance will only be history repeating itself," she retorts, turning to look at me. "Look, I'll admit that I'm physically attracted to Derrick, but that's as far as it'll ever go."

"No, that's only how far you're willing to take it." I correct, earning a hard glare.

"And the problem with that is?" She scoffs, rolling her eyes yet again. "Why are you even bringing this up now? Derrick....." she trails off, before a look of accusation appears, "You didn't."

"Didn't want?" I ask, feigning innocence.

"Don't play dumb with me. You know exactly what I'm-"

A car horn cuts her off and both of us snap our heads to the black Escalade with tinted windows in front of us.

"Well," I reach down, grab my workbag, and secure my purse on my shoulder. "That's them. Come on."

Walking towards the car, I hear Maya following close behind in hurried steps. Swinging the door open, I get in and close it behind me. Putting my stuff in between my feet, I buckle up my seat belt and finally glance at Colin.

"Hey," I smiles, tucking a rogue string of hair back in my bun. "Thanks again for-"

"You have got be kidding me," I hear Maya say and turn around in my seat to see her, standing outside with the door open. "What the hell are you doing here?"

An amused and excited Derrick chuckles, "I missed you too boo."

Colin looks at me warily, "You didn't tell her Derrick was coming?"

I flash him a toothy grin and shake my head no, "Don't worry about her." I turn my attention back to Maya, "Maya get your ass in this damn car, before you make us both late."

Begrudgingly, she jumps in the back seat and slams the car door. She places her stuff in the middle seat between her and Derrick and, with anger, buckles up her seatbelt. 

"So how-" Derrick barely gets those two words out, before Maya starts ripping into him.

"Don't talk to me. Don't look at me. Don't talk about me. Hell, I don't even want you thinking about me." She says threateningly, sending him an icy glare.

Derrick licks his lips, his eyes falling on Maya's chest, "Too late for that ma."

Turning straight, she crosses her arms and continues to glare at the seat in front of her-my seat.

"Ignore her," I sigh. "She's been in a bitchy mood all day."

"Any particular reason?" Colin asks, keeping his eyes on the road.

"Does she need one?" Derrick mutters.

"Excuse me?" Maya quirks an eyebrow at Derrick, who doesn't return her stare or offer a response. "I'm talking to you, asshole."

"You said don't talk to you," he replies, starring out the car window.

"I also said don't talk about me, but that didn't seem to stop you from doing it anyway."

"They," Derrick gestures to Colin and I, and finally looks at Maya. "Were the ones talking about you. I was just making a comment."

"Yeah," she huffs. "A comment about me!"

"Anyway!" I shout, hoping to change the conversation so these two can shut the hell up. "We didn't really get a chance to talk, but I wanted to tell you that I really enjoyed myself last night."

Colin glances at me, "Really? I'm glad. I'm sorry too. I kinda ignored you most of the night."

"It's okay," I laugh, leaning into the comfortable seat. "You were with your family."

"Technically, you're his family too now," Derrick mutters quietly. "Shouldn't you guys be in uniform?"

"No, but I'm glad you brought that up." Reaching into my workbag, I pull out my brush and start pulling my bracelets off. "We're prohibited from wearing out uniforms outside of work, unless it's at a company based event."

"Seriously?" Colin questions, sounding surprised, looking at me while we wait at the light.

"Yup," I pop the ‘P' and pull my hair out of the bun, slightly shaking my hair before starting to go through it with the brush.

"We can't have our hair up either," Maya chimes in, sounding calmer than before. "It basically has to be down and free from any hair accessories."

"They're also really strict on jewelry and makeup and even our nails. We can basically only wear studs," I pull my hair back to show my small silver studs. "We have to wear makeup, but it has to be natural looking and our nails can't be painted, unless they're light pink or nude."

"Hence why we have French Manicures," Maya raises up her hand. "Oh, and we can't have piercings. They have to be taken out and any tattoos that can be seen while in uniform have to be covered."

"The fuck?" Derrick's genuinely shocked voice sounds from the back, "You have to go through all that just to work at goddamn Hooters?"

"That's not even half of it," I murmur, playing with my hair. "Truth be told, even though the stipulations can be a big pain in the ass at times. It's the customers that really make us want to quit sometimes."

"Yeah, and it sucks because we had to sign a contract basically saying we understood we'd have to put up with sexual comments and innuendos from customers, but we'd basically have to suck it up and keep a smile on our face."

"Then why do you guys continue to put up with that shit?" Colin questions.

"The money," Maya and I answer plainly.

"Aside from the minimum wage, we get amazing tips. On an average night, Aria, Kay and I usually pull in about $200. On an even better night, we can even make an easy $500." Maya explains, and then smirks at me. "Of course, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday's are especially good for Arianna."

Colin seems especially intrigued now, "Why? What happens on those days?"

Glaring at Maya through the car mirror, I turn to face Colin, "That's when my best regular, hell my best customer period, comes in. He always tips between two and three hundred."

"Goddamn!" Derrick exclaims, with a broad smile. "You must have that brother hooked."

Dammit. I'm blushing again.

"It's not even like that. Really, he acts more like....a mentor, if you will. I don't know. I can't really explain it." I shrug. I also notice we're at another light and Colin, who previously had his phone in his hand, is about to put it back down.

"Can I see your phone right quick?" I ask, extending out my hand. Surprisingly, he reaches it to me without a second thought.

"Thanks," I mumble, grateful it's still unlocked. Going to the search option, I type in my name and click the contact. Smiling to myself, I rename my contact to ‘Wifey." Just as I'm shutting the phone off, I see we've finally reached Hooters. Stupid California lunchtime traffic.

"Thanks for the ride Colin," Maya thanks, hopping out the car as soon as it makes a complete stop.

"Don't mention it," Colin replies.

"I'll catch you later Ma," Derrick smirks, his eyes glued to Maya's chest. Clearly, he's a breast man....

"Go to hell Derrick," Maya huffs, slamming the car door.

"She wants me," Derrick smiles, clasping his hands together. "She wants me bad."

"Whatever gets you to sleep at night," I laugh, gathering up my stuff. "I'd tell you thank you again, but I'm pretty sure you're sick of hearing it."

Colin laughs, "Yeah, sort of." A beat. "Besides, I think you could show me better than you could tell me."

Shit.

"What do you mean?" I ask, almost fearful of what he's going to say.

"What are you doing tonight after dance?"

Double shit.

Damn, I sure do mentally curse a lot?

I stumble to get my words out, "Uhh nothing, I think. Why?"

He smiles at me, "You are now. Text me the address. I'll pick you up when you get done."

Wait. What. Is that his way of asking me out? Hell, he isn't even asking me. He's freaking telling me. Normally, I would set his ass straight, but it's not like he's trying to be controlling. Besides, it's not like one date will kill me.

"Okay."

OooooooooooOOooooooooo

Today really isn't my day. Thankfully, they were able to fix our water heater. They better have because I'm not sure I could take another cold shower. I don't know how guys do it. It's like raining icicles.

Anyway, my current problem at hand is my fucking geniality. Carol, a fellow employee who works here, along with going to school to help support her special needs child. They don't know what exactly is wrong with him, but he has a severe seizure disorder. He's constantly in the hospital. He had a rather bad incident tonight, but she was scheduled to close. So, being the kind person I am, I offered to cover her shift. Kay and Maya tried to get me to allow one of them to do it, but Kay was already late to work for us, and Maya had a rather hard day with difficult customers. I don't mind. Honestly, I don't. But, texting Colin and telling him I can't do tonight was harder than I thought it would be. Why? Hell, even I can't tell you that. I guess I was looking forward to it more than I thought I was....

Oddly, Mr. Stephens, my ‘mentor' didn't come in tonight. Either way, I've made $150 in tips so it's not like I didn't do well money wise. All I know is the freaking bafoons, that I'm currently serving better leave a big ass tip. Why?

It's two o clock in the fucking morning and these morons just refuse to leave.

Originally, Colin offered to give me a ride back home whenever I finished and I accepted. However, once the clock hit midnight and I realized The Waltons weren't leaving, I text him and told him that I'd just catch a cab. It won't be as expensive as trying to catch one during lunchtime.

I haven't heard from him since I sent that text. He's probably pissed off that I blew him off.

Groaning, I pull out the rubber band I keep in my bra and pull my hair up. I'm the last one here. How the fuck are they going to know? The sound of my cell vibrating shakes me from my thoughts. I feel a smile creep on my face as I see that it's from Colin.

Open up the door

My eyebrows scrunch together in confusion. The hell does that-

No.

Hopping off the stool, I walk near the doors, which I locked at our rightful closing time-1am.

Sure enough, he's standing outside. I grab the key out my pouch and unlock it, letting him walk in, before locking it back.

"Colin," I whisper harshly. "What the hell are you doing here? I told you I'd just take a cab. Do you have any idea what time it is?"

"Nice to see you too wifey," he chuckles, walking to sit on one of the bar stools.

Blushing slightly, I follow behind him, "I'm sorry that was kinda rude, hubby." I tease, sitting down next to him. "I take it you saw my modification to my contact in your phone."

"Obviously, and you clearly saw mine."

"Obviously," I mock, subconsciously hating how I can't seem to stop smiling with him. "I really am sorry about tonight. But I just couldn't-"

He raises up a hand to silence me, "It's fine Arianna. Really. If I were in your situation, I would have probably done the same thing." He leans back against the counter and props himself up, using his elbows, "Plus, I've been dying to see you in your uniform anyway."

Rolling my eyes, I shake my head and move out the chair so I'm standing in front of him.

"Of course, you had a motive."

"Oh, I had a motive alright, but that wasn't it." He suddenly drops his smile and sits up; I release a slight yelp as he moves his arms around my waist and pulls me closer to him. "My motive was that I wanted to see you."

Fuck butterflies. The fluttering going on in my stomach is too much for that damn "butterflies in my stomach" saying. He wanted to see me? Me? What is it about me that he finds so interesting? It's certainly not my personality, because I've mostly been a bitch while he only tries to help.

WHY IS HE SO FUCKING PERFECT?

Hell, he's being honest with me, I might as well be honest with him.

"Well then," I laugh softly, placing both hands on his chest. "That makes it easier for me to admit."

He quirks an eyebrow, "Admit what?"

"That I wanted to see you too," Without second thought, and unlike our episode in the kitchen, I'm the one who kisses him first.

 

End Notes:

READ&REVIEW 

Confessions and Interruptions by DramaQueenAmby
Author's Notes:

I'm SOOOOO sorry for the long wait. I decided to focus on my schooling and waited until I got out of school before returning to work on this. Then, I was dropped with a bombshell that we're moving. I'm devestated about that, but I digress.....

Imagery:

Aria's Bathing Suit:

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s413/DramaQueenAmby/Never%20Let%20Me%20Go/tumblr_mkgy0tC8Ig1redi9wo1_500_zps77eb9fa6.png

Aria's Room:

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s413/DramaQueenAmby/Never%20Let%20Me%20Go/tumblr_m2vgpbCekC1qmbt9lo1_500_large_zps398c33f9.jpg

Colin's House:

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s413/DramaQueenAmby/Never%20Let%20Me%20Go/large2_zps970c508f.jpg

Colin's Pool:

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s413/DramaQueenAmby/Never%20Let%20Me%20Go/large17_zps10ab7c6e.jpg

"Yes"

"No"

"Why the hell not?"

"Because it's ugly as fuck, that's why the hell not."

"Just let her take the damn robe so we can wrap this shit up," Maya's humdrum voice sounds from her position in Arianna's closet.

Kaydence huffs and tightens her grip on the averse article of clothing that she's deemed as flotsam. 

"Promise you won't wear it around him."

Aria rolls her and sucks her teeth, "Hell no."

Kaydence releases an aggravated groan, "Why the hell must you be so difficult?"

Aria's eyes transmute into slits, "Why the hell must you be so damn controlling?"

"Why the hell are you two arguing over a goddamn robe?" A new voice, filled with equal irritation joins the conversation. The three roommates turn their attention to Derrick, whose tall frame is standing by Aria's door.

"Trust me," Maya sighs, exiting out the closet with a standard sized box in her arms. "You don't even want to know." Her eyes narrow in slits as she suddenly starts to stare at Derrick suspiciously "Hold up a minute. I sent you like ten minutes ago to bring that box to the car. What took your ass so long to come back?"

He hesitates with his answer, "I got lost."

"Bullshit," Maya hisses, crossing her arms over her chest. "You were in my room again weren't you?!"

"Prove it," Derrick smirks.

That little comment seems to piss off the short-tempered young woman even more.

"How am I supposed to prove it you jackass when I've been in here working unlike your lazy ass!"

"I'm sensing you're a little tense," Derrick comments, clearly trying to hide the amusement in his voice. "Maybe I can help with that..." he trails off suggestively.

"Or maybe I can choke your ass until I see your eyes roll in the back of your big ass head!" She shoots back, moving to jump at him when Kay decides to intervene and grabs her arm.

"Yo, chill out Maya." Kay keeps a firm grasp on Maya's forearm.

Maya turns her glare towards her roommate, "I'll ‘chill' out when that hooligan stops going through my shit!"

"Technically," Derrick pipes up. "I was admiring your ‘shit'. You're really talented you know that?"

It happens almost instantly, Maya's whole disposition changes. Yes, she's still angry-furious even. Nevertheless, Derricks comment seems to mitigate her ire.

"What?"

"Your drawings," Derrick replies, chuckling softly as he subconsciously places his hands behind his head. "Your designs are phenomenal. I thought they were by some famous designer until I saw your signature on the back."

Maya looks unsure of what to say. Extremely confident in her appearance, she can't say the same when it comes to her designs. She takes pride in them, but she's always second guessing their worth. Of course, her instructors and roommates are always reassuring her of their superb quality. Still, it's not the same as having a celebrity's opinion. Albeit, even if that celebrity is (in her opinion) the bane of her existence.

"Thanks," Maya mutters awkwardly and quietly, as a blanket of momentary silence falls upon the four young people.

"You know," Kay bats her long eyelashes up at Derrick. "I've been told I'm quite the artist myself."

Arianna rolls her eyes, "By whom? The kindergarteners in the Basic Dance class at the studio?" Maya, along with Derrick crack up in laughter.

"Fuck you two," Kay retaliates, taping up a box. "Okay, that's it for your shirts."

"Damn ma, with all this shit you taking with you; I'm starting to wonder if you plan on staying with Colin for good."

"Shut up Derrick," Arianna laughs, tightening the rubber band holding up her ponytail. "I'm a woman. We need our stuff." A beat. "Where is Colin anyway? I haven't seen him in a while."

"Yeah," Kay smirks. "She's missing her boo."

"At least she has one..." Maya mutters.

"I can help you with that," Derrick smirks, eyeing the 5"7 ½ young woman, "Gladly."

"I'd rather spend the rest of my life as an old hag with 5o dogs   ," Maya smiles sweetly.

"Keep being an uptight bitch and that's exactly what will happen," Kay snickers.

"You know what Kaydence-"

"Forget it," Arianna groans, lifting up a box and heading out the room. Making it down the stairs, she moves to turn at the corner, but stop abruptly when the box collides with something hard. Rather, someone.

"What the-" Aria stops, regaining her composure as she gazes up at the stranger in front of her with a broad, friendly smile.

"You must be Arianna," the tone of his voice matches his friendly mien; still, Aria keeps her guards up.

"Yeah....who the hell are you?" She asks bluntly.

He laughs slightly, "Ricardo. A friend of Colin's. Well, we're teammates."

"Oh," Arianna says plainly. "Colin didn't mention bringing anyone else besides Derrick...." A beat. "So, what exactly did Colin tell you about me....us?" Watching her wording, Aria is curious as to whether or not Colin told him the fabricated story or the real one.

Chuckling, he takes the box from Aria, "Don't worry. Ya'll secret is safe with me."

"It better be."

Both Arianna and Ricardo turn to look at Colin, who approaches to two, and looks at his wife. "I see you've met Ricardo."

"Yup," Arianna pops the ‘P' while flashing a small smile. She then turns her attention to Colin, "Umm we're about halfway through-"

"Just half?" Colin interrupts, eyes slightly widening.

Ricardo laughs, "She's feisty. I like her."

"Join the club," Arianna jokes, winking at the other man. "I'm sorry, by the way, for my behavior earlier. I just....I don't like being caught off guard."

"Understandable," Ricardo nods. "Neither do I."

Cue an awkward silence.

Arianna notices that the two athletes share a look, which seems to influence Ricardo's next actions.

"I'll go take this to the truck," he mumbles, excusing himself as he moves past the two.

"Nice," Aria chuckles, walking towards the kitchen. Colin, of course, trails behind her. "Drink?" She asks, leaning over to get water out the fridge.

"Naw, I'm good." He replies, sitting on the stool. A beat. "So, there's something I've been meaning to talk to you about."

Aria ceases her drinking for a moment, and looks at Colin suspiciously, "Why do I have a feeling it's not something good?"

"Depends on how you look at it," he chuckles nervously.

"Colin," Arianna says bluntly. "Save the bullshit. What's up?"

"You know that if we're going to pretend to be a couple, we have to actually...well....besides from going out ‘together'" Colin trails off, rubbing the back of his neck anxiously.

It takes a moment for Arianna to realize where he's getting at, "No. Hell no. I agreed to pretend to be your wife, not your freaking arm candy that you can show off at your publicity events and shit."

He sighs heavily, "How else are we supposed to get the public to buy this bs story if we don't play the part publicly, as well as privately?"

"Don't know. Don't care." Arianna shrugs nonchalantly, "That's your problem. Not mine."

This time, Colin releases a loud groan. "Why is it, whenever we take one step forward, you make us take two steps back?"

"Oh, so now this is my fault?" Aria arches an eyebrow, "I'm not the one who's a freaking celebrity. So, don't you dare blame this on me. No, you're the one who fucking got us drunk."

"Well, you certainly didn't say no or offer any type of objection." He shoots back fiercely.

Flashback

Buried under the thin, cotton sheets, blanket wrapped tightly around her tiny frame, clutching the raggedy, tattered stuffed animal-this is her nightly ritual. Every night she falls asleep with this exact routine, and every night he intrudes this "comfort zone" of hers. Some nights she attempts to convince herself that it won't happen. That he won't come. She even goes as far as to pray it won't happen.

It's a hopeless and empty plea.

Because every time he comes and goes, another piece of her innocence leaves with him. The first few times it happened, the first time she heard that door open, felt the shifting of the sheets and the subsequent removal of her underwear, followed by fingers penetrating down there. She never said anything. Of course, she shed tears, but that was as far as it went. No screams. No fighting back. No, nothing like that. She just laid there and let him violate her in a way she knew was wrong. Yet, she did nothing to stop him. She let him do it.

She never said no.

End Flashback

"Aria!"

Aria snaps her head to see Colin, who is now directly in front of her, starring down with concern in his mahogany eyes. "Are you okay? You just spaced out."

"I'm fine," she replies quietly, blinking back unshed tears. "Sorry, I do that sometimes." She forces out a fake laugh, trying to play off what just happened. "I swear, I think I have ADD or some shit like that."

Colin hesitates before responding to Aria with an unconvinced, "Yeah........."

Putting up her notorious poker face, "Come on." She smirks, grabbing his arm to lead her back to her room, "The sooner we finish here. The sooner we can go ‘home.'"

ooooooOOOoooooo

"I'm telling you, it's like she transforms into a different person." Colin explains, before gulping down on his Gatorade. "And today, she just completely spaced out. It's like she was in a completely different universe."

Following the packing and loading of all of Arianna's items, and a tearful goodbye between the three roommates, Arianna and Colin headed to his place.

"They have a name for that bro," Derrick sighs, placing a hand on Colin's shoulder. "It's called crazy as hell."

Ricardo rolls his eyes, "Shut up Derrick. She's not crazy. Trust me, I've met crazy. She's far from it."

"Okay, well she has multiple personality disorder." Derrick shrugs.

Colin shoots him a glare, "It's not that serious."

"Well if you're just going to shoot down all my suggestions, why the fuck even bother bringing it up in the first place?" Derrick huffs, moving to sit down on one of the workout machines.

"Don't listen to him," Ricardo shakes his head and turns his attentions to back to Colin. "Look, if she's having mood swings as often as you say she is and they're becoming progressively worse, then maybe you should talk to her. Because it sounds like there's definitely something going on with her."

"Yeah, she's mental," Derrick exclaims.

"Shut up Derrick." Colin and Ricardo say in unison.

ooooooOOOoooooo

{Aria POV}

My initial reaction to Colin's house? Damn. I mean, it's not over the top luxurious like Kimora Lee Simmons house, but it's certainly not our three bedroom condo. Ugh. I'm really gonna miss my girls. This is the first time we've ever been separated since our foster home days.

Since our "date" (that's what he refers to it), I suppose Colin and I have grown somewhat closer. Well, at least, as close as two people can get via text. He's actually really sweet and has a surprising sense of humor. He's also extremely chill, and the complete opposite of what one would expect a professional athlete to be like.

Sitting on the middle of "my" bed, I take a moment to gaze around "my" room. Not only is it twice the size of my real room, but I'm pretty sure the bed alone cost more than all the furniture in my room. Yet, it's all very subtle, but still classy. This seems to be a recurring theme throughout the house. Well, excluding Colin's room, which is your typical male bachelor pad type bedroom.

He told me his mom and sister in law helped him decorate the house, with the exception of his own room. That was all him. I have to admit, he has nice taste. For a guy, that is.

Yawning and stretching my arms upward, I glance at the time on my phone. 1:00. Did I mention I'm here by myself? Yeah, he left some chick he's known for only one week alone in his expensive ass house. Wouldn't be me. He claims he "trusts" me though.......Like I said, it wouldn't be me.

Anyway, he and the guys skipped their morning workout to help me pack up and move my stuff. So, after bringing me "home," and helping me get adjusted, they left to go workout. Speaking of the guys, I really should apologize to Ricardo. I was a bitch to him for no legit reason. Besides, it wasn't his fault that Colin didn't tell me he was bringing him. Plus, on another selfish note, he's not a bad looking guy. Definitely my type....and Kaydence. Hence why as soon as she laid eyes on him, her thirsty ass was all over his dick. However, unlike Derrick and Colin, I think Ricardo just might be the one to give Kaydence some water....

Untangling my legs, I rise off the bed, grabbing my phone before I head out my room. I've finished all my unpacking, and managed to add a few personal touches to my room. Nothing major though, I'm not trying to piss him off. What Derrick said about Colin's temper is still floating around in my head.

Trying not to think about that, I walk to the kitchen and open up the fridge to see what he has. It's a combination of junk and healthy food, mostly healthy food though. Great. Groaning, I close the fridge, and open up the freezer. Same thing. Expect, I notice he has fish sticks. Or rather, he had fish sticks. Because I'm about to finish off this bitch. It takes about ten minutes for me to locate everything I need before I'm finally able to put the food in the oven.

Running back to my room, I grab my iPod touch 5 out my face and return back to the living room. Plopping down on the sofa, I scroll through my albums before settling on my "Ratchet" playlist.

Don't judge me.

Opening up the iBook app, I resume reading Pride and Prejudice for probably the fifteenth thousand time. It's probably my favorite book ever. Like, Jane Austen was beyond her time. I'm so enthralled into my book that before I know it, the timer on the oven is going off. I take my food out the oven; load all the fish sticks on my plate and squeeze a sizable amount of barbecue sauce on the side. Settling back onto the sofa with my food and a bottle of water, I continue with my reading, while eating and listening to "All Gold Everything."

I guess I'm so wrapped up in my little happy place, that I don't even notice the rattling of the doorknob. Or when someone enters the house.

"Hey"

"Wh-" I stop, jump up, ready to go ham on whoever is dumb enough to break in. "Colin?" This motherfucker almost gave me a heartache. Now he has the nerve to actually laugh. The fuck?!

"Not funny," I mutter irritated, grabbing my empty plate and retreating to the kitchen. "I thought you were a burglar."

He stops laughing shortly, "A burglar? Coming through the front door, in broad daylight, and with a key?"

Smart ass.

He suddenly arches his eyebrows and watches as I wash the dishes I just used.

"Wait...," he pauses. "Did you eat all the fish sticks?"

"Yup," I answer plainly. Finishing the dishes, I place them in the drainer and turn around. "A quick thing you should" know about me is that if you ever have fish sticks or any type of Chinese food in here and leave me alone with it, I will eat majority of or all of it."

"Thanks for telling me just now," he grunts, grabbing a Gatorade out the fridge.

"No problem," I smile sweetly. He responds with a glare, which I simple laugh at. "So I'm assuming you're done with your workout....." He nods in response, "So what do you plan on doing now?"

"Actually, I was just gonna shower and go for a swim. Wanna join me?"

"The pool? Hell yeah." He laughs.

"Okay, I'll go get cleaned up and meet you out back in like...half an hour?"

Did I mention he has a nice ass pool? Well, he does. I agree and we both head our separate ways.

ooooooOOOoooooo

"I fucking hate you Kaydence," I seethe aloud as I type the same thing and press send. Throwing the phone down on the bed, I cross my arms and walk into the bathroom to stare at my reflection

"I look like a prostitute."

I should have paid more attention to what Kay was packing for me. Why? Because majority of the clothes are all way too sexy and look like something a video vixen would wear. Yes, I bought most of it, but the more risqué items are stuff she bought for me that I promised her I would never wear. Example being this bathing suit.

It's a bright, like green cut-out maillot. It's got my boobs feeling like they're going to come springing out any second and an uncomfortable breeze by my ass.  It's also the only bathing suit she packed for me. I knew I should have checked those boxes.

Did I mention I hate Kaydence?

Mumbling curse words, I peruse through my stuff to see if she at least included a cover up. Thankfully, she did. It's a long sleeve dip dye, button front tunic. Slipping it on, I pull on some flip-flops and grab my touch before heading out.

Walking out to the pool, I notice Colin is already there and in the water. Kicking off my sandals, I sit on the edge of the pool and submerge my legs in the cool water. It's pretty chilly and takes a few seconds to adjust, but overall, it feels pretty damn good.

When he finally emerges out the water, I swear, it's like a scene out of a movie. It's all in slow motion. I watch how his arm muscles flex as he runs his hands over his short hair. God, he has such an amazing body. I feel my cheeks growing warmer return my eyes back to my Touch, so he can't catch me staring.  

"Are you actually going to get in or just sit there?"

Lifting up my eyes, I glance at him for a second then return my gaze back to the object in my hand.

"When I get ready," I answer in an undertone. "I'm just waiting for my body to adjust to the water's temperature."

Lame ass excuse? I know, but I'm really not comfortable with this ‘bathing suit' I have on. Yeah, I know I have a pretty nice body, but I'm not used to nor do I like showing it off.

"So when exactly do we have to start playing hubby and wifey?" I ask casually, most of my attention focused on my Sims.

"You sure you wanna discuss that now?" He asks uncertainly, and for a minute, I look at him confused. Just earlier he wanted to talk about this, why the sudden change.

Oh.

I then remember how I randomly snapped at him. He probably want to avoid pissing me off.

"Look," I sigh, getting up and placing my Touch on one of the pool chairs. I then sit back down and start gently kicking my legs around in the water. "I....I....I know I'm not exactly the easiest person to deal with. But....it's not that it's intentional. I just....."

Fuck.

I need to just be honest with him. I mean, I don't have to tell him the cause, just the effect.

I scoff and close my eyes, "I have Borderline Personality Disorder." I glance at him and notice the uncertain facial expression. He's unsure of what to say. "It's a lot like Bipolar, but at the same time, it's not. I...I don't really know how to explain it."

"Is that why you have those mood swings?" He questions carefully, as I notice he's now by me, leaning his arms on the edge of the pool. "Is it one of the symptoms?"

"Yup," I pop the P. "Along with many other things..." I trail off, and scoff bitterly. "I probably just confirmed your speculation that I'm fucking crazy, huh?"

"I've never thought you were crazy. Moody? Yes. But never crazy." He replies firmly and gently.

"And now?" I quip an eyebrow. "Since you know what I have?"

"No change," he shrugs. "But..."

"What?" I question, unbuttoning and pulling off my cover-up.

"Would you kill me if I were to pull you in?"

Fuck.

"Don't you d-" Before I can even finish my sentence, he grabs me by my arms and pulls me in the water. Screaming, I go head under.

Did I mention I can't swim?

Fucking bastard.

Rising out the water, I can hear him laughing, hurry up, and latch onto him. He reacts by holding onto my hips so I don't move.

"I also can't swim you fucking jerk," I punch his arm and I'm 99.9% percent sure it hurt my hand more than it hurt him. Dude is solid. "I swear, I'm gonna get your ass back for this." I glare, but I can't help the smile on my face and the playfulness in my voice.

"Seriously?" He asks, looking down at my boobs, and then my face.

I widen my eyes and give him a duh look, "Do you honestly think if I could that I'd be holding onto you for dear life right now?"

"Well..." he smirks arrogantly.

"Oh please," I roll my eyes. "Don't flatter yourself honey. You are not all that."

"Oh?" He arches an eyebrow, "Well then..." He releases his hold on me and I instantly start to panic. Before I can even think about it, I wrap my legs around his waist and throw my arms around his neck.

"Don't you dare drop me," I threaten, narrowing my eyes.

He laughs and places his hands back on my hips, "You've never had swimming lessons?" I nod ‘no.' "Damn, you know you're not helping that whole ‘most black people can't swim' stereotype." He jokes.

"And what makes you think I'm black?" I tease. Obviously, you can tell just by looking at me that I'm black, but I have been mistaken for other races in the past.

"This ass ma," he chuckles, giving a slight squeeze to my butt.

Squealing in response, I untangle my arms and shove him on his chest.

"Shut the fuck up," I giggle, keeping my hands on his chest. "No, but seriously though, Jamie never took us to the pool. So, I just never bothered to learn."

Colin's smile drops slowly as he notices the change of tone in my voice, "Whose J-"

"Aria!" Both of our heads snap to see Maya and Kaydence.

"How the hell did you tw-"

"Derrick and Ricardo let us in," Maya answers before Colin can finish his question.

"Who let them in?" He questions.

"Fuck should we know," Kay shrugs.

 She then turns her attention back to me, "What the hell are you doing in the pool? You know your ass can't swim."

Rolling my eyes, I can't help the irritation I feel towards them for interrupting Colin and I.

"Yeah, I know. But Colin didn't and threw me in."

"The hell?" Kaydence glares at him. "She could've drowned. You could've killed her."

He rolls his eyes, "Like I would've let that happened."

Maya lets out an ‘hmmph,' "Well let's go Aria, since you wanna ‘swim' so damn much. Show us where your room is in this big ass house."

"I really hate ya'll sometimes," I mumble, moving so that I'm on Colin's back.

"We love you too boo boo," Kaydence grins, as Colin brings us over to the shallow area.

Getting up out the water, I walk over to the pool chair, I grab a towel and wrap it around me.

"I'll be inside in a sec okay?" I tell the two of them, noticing Colin is also out of the water now.

"Fine," Maya huffs. "But don't take too long because I've just about had enough of daily Derek dosage."

"Okay," I shake my head as they go back inside.

I walk over to Colin, whose now sitting on a pool chair with a towel around his neck.

"I was gonna teach you how to swim, but I guess we'll have to do it another time. Ya know, WHEN WE"RE ALONE!" He yells the last part towards the house.

"He'll probably be doing laps like Michael Phleps around your ass Aria," Maya teases, walking out, but staying by the back door.

Kaydence walks out and joins her.

"More like in her," she snickers. "He'll be doing laps all up in that pussy."

Feeling my cheeks warming up, I bury my face in my hands and shake my head.

"Girl I'm bout to dive in," Kay starts singing a line from Trey Songz ‘Dive In'.

"Baby girl hold your breath," Maya continues.

"You about to get so wet!" They finish together before busting out laughing.

"If ya'll don't shut up and get the fuck out of here," I threaten, not even looking over at Colin. God, are they purposely trying to humiliate me in front of him?

"Make that ass tapout bro!" Derrick yells from inside the house.

The fuck? Are he and Ricardo listening in on us too?

I.Hate.All.Of.Them.

Fuck it.

I finally look over at Colin, whose face is also slightly red and grab his phone from him, before sitting myself on his lap. He clearly doesn't mind because his arms almost instantly snake around my waist. Opening up his ‘Notepad' app, I type my message and hand it to him.

Since we don't seem to have any privacy.....I can have M & K gone in an hour. Can you do the same with R & D?'

He reads it and moves his arms to type back before handing it to me and putting his arms back.

‘Of course. But.....why?'

Smirking to myself, I type back my reply and hand him his phone, before getting up, grabbing my stuff and swaying my hips as I go back inside.

You're not the only one who wants to be alone. ;)'

End Notes:

I tried to make this longer. 

It's twelve pages in word.

From here on out, things are going to start heating up between Aria and Colin. 

The drama is about to start to unfold, and my bff (co-author) and I hope ya'll are prepared for what's about to come. ;-)

THANK YOU!! =)

READ&&REVIEW

Hope by DramaQueenAmby
Author's Notes:

I don't know why, but these chapters are starting to come out longer than my usual 3-4 page ones. This one was 12 pages in Word. 

 

Visuals: 

Aria's Dance Outfit: 

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s413/DramaQueenAmby/Never%20Let%20Me%20Go/CuteOutfit2_zpsa54f5b13.png

Kay's Dance Outfit: 

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s413/DramaQueenAmby/Never%20Let%20Me%20Go/CuteOutfit6_zpsf0fdc118.png

Maya's Dance Outfit: 

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s413/DramaQueenAmby/Never%20Let%20Me%20Go/y_large5_zpsbb1f937f.jpg

Kay Post Dance Outfit: 

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s413/DramaQueenAmby/Never%20Let%20Me%20Go/CuteOutfit34_zps850050aa.png

Maya Post Dance Outfit:

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s413/DramaQueenAmby/Never%20Let%20Me%20Go/CuteOutfit28_zps7c202652.png

Aria Post Dance Outfit: 

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s413/DramaQueenAmby/Never%20Let%20Me%20Go/CuteOutfit36_zpsccd42256.png

Bands A Make Her Dance Choreography:

http://youtu.be/LyoYRpCvC4M

Upgrade You Choreography:

http://youtu.be/d3y17D_K9Zw

Flashback

Walking through the crowded halls, clutching her books to her chest, Arianna makes her way to her next class.

Science.

It's probably her most hated subject, not only because she has no interest in it, but also because it's one of the classes she doesn't have with Kaydence or Maya.

Sighing, she looks down to adjust a book that's about to fall. Suddenly, she finds herself on the floor with her books scattered around.

"Fucking great," she groans quietly, moving to pick up her books. She doesn't even bother to acknowledge the person that ran into her. What's the point? Majority of the kids at Cox High School don't give a damn about anybody except themselves and they sure don't believe in apologizing for minute shit like this.

"I'm sorry," a bass voice, sounds and Arianna freezes at the sound. "I should've been watching where the hell I was going." She also stops gathering her books when she notices this surprisingly kind stranger is getting them for her. When the stranger finishes picking up everything, he stands up and Aria follows suit.

Her jaw almost drops when she sees who the person is.

"You're Kendall Barnes," she mumbles shocked, as she takes her books from him. Kendall is your typical attractive, popular, upperclassmen, jock. A star shooter on the school's basketball team, and with unnatural good looks, Kendall could make a lesbian go straight. He's easily the cutest black guy at their school.

He laughs, and Arianna feels her insides churn. She finds his laugh and smile beyond adorable. "Yeah, and you're Arianna...James?"

"How do you know I am?" Arianna narrows her eyes slightly. She's far from popular, and while not exactly a ‘loser,' most people don't even know who she is.

"We have Chemistry together." He answers, stuffing his hands in his pockets, with a small smile. "Plus, you're kinda hard not to notice." He lets his eyes travel down Arianna's shapely figure. Large breast. Small waist. Nice ass and hips. She's most definitely his type. His eyes flicker back to hers as his already deep voice, lowers even more, "And I always take note of a pretty face."

Butterflies' rattling in her stomach, Arianna is on cloud nine, only to be brought back down to earth as she remembers Kendall's infamous playboy status. As sexy as he is, she refuses to fall under his spell.

"That's the best you got?" She quips her eyebrow. "Considering your reputation, I was expecting your game to be better than that."

He laughs, "Feisty."

"That's a nice way to put it," she teases. "I've gotta get to class, but thanks for helping with me my books."

"Considering I was the one who knocked them down, it was the least I could do." A beat. "Can I walk you to class? Seeing that we are going to the same one and all....."

"I suppose," She offers him a small smiles.

He flashes her that charming smile of his, "Can I hold your books?"

"I'm fine." She smirks, walking past him to head to the class.

"Yes, you are." Kendall mumbles, taking a second to admire the sight of her walking away, before jogging to catch up to her.

End Flashback

{Aria POV}

Sighing heavily, I glance up at the clock and notice I have another half hour left before class lets out. I swear, I love Drama and English, but if I had known "Drama and English" would be this boring; I never would have enrolled. Then again, it is a required course....

Feeling a vibration between my legs, I pull out my phone, careful so that my professor can't see. Then again, I am sitting in the back, so I'm probably good. Turning the screen on, I see I have a text. After putting in the pattern to unlock the phone and subsequent messages, I enter the numeric password to open my ‘Private Box.' Yeah, I'm somewhat paranoid when it comes to my texts.

Don't judge me.

I smile to myself when I see it's from Colin.

I miss my baby. :-/

Shaking my head, I quickly text back ‘which one? :p'.

Obviously, living with Colin requires a lot of changes and adjustments to my lifestyle. One of those being my method of transportation. Maya and Kay don't have time to drive all the way over to his place and pick me up and bring me back home for school, work, and dance. I completely understand. That's a lot of fucking driving and gas isn't cheap. So, when Colin offered to let me use his other car, I was more than grateful. Now, when I found out his other car is a Chrysler 300, I was beyond ecstatic. That is like my dream car, and clearly Colin's ‘baby'. Seriously, I think it took him a good half hour to lay down the ‘rules' for me before he gave me the keys.

‘I'm hurt that you even have to ask....the car. Duh!  ;)'

I roll my eyes at his text and start typing. I'm gonna fuck with him.

‘Well in that case...I crashed that bitch into a pole. Hope you have insurance. J'

He texts back in less than a minute.

‘Funny. -_- What time you getting home tonight?'

‘Same as usual. 9:30ish. Y?'

‘I was thinking we could do something tonight.....guess not....'

My smile drops.

Even though we've had our fights since I moved (most of them being my fault) in last Saturday, he really is a nice guy and he's trying. Unfortunately, with our busy schedules, it's just been so difficult for us to have ‘alone' time. Suddenly, a light goes off in my head. I start typing furiously.

‘Why don't you join R & D tonight? Catch a ride with one of them and drive me home. I'll be tired af anyway.'

Again, he texts back in a timely manner.

‘....I'm confused. Join them for what? Wtf are you talking about?'

Scrunching my eyebrows in confusion, I realize Colin is unaware of Derrick and Ricardo paying us a visit at dance tonight. Kaydence, unbeknownst to Maya, invited Derrick, who told Ricardo about it, who text me and asked if he could come as well.

‘You don't know? They're coming to see us dance tonight. D wants to see M. Don't know why no one told you...'

‘Why is R coming though?'

"The hell?" I mutter to myself, glancing around to make sure the professor isn't watching.

‘Fuck should I know? He text and asked if I was cool with it. I said it was fine.'

‘Wait. He text you? You gave him your number?'

‘No. Kay did. Gotta go. Call D or R and see what's up. If you wanna come, cool. If not, fine. See you later.'

He takes a little longer to reply.

‘K.'

Rolling my eyes, I lock my phone back and put it back where it was. He's upset. He only uses ‘K' to end a convo when he's irritated. Why? I haven't a clue. Over Ricardo? I don't see what the big deal is. I mean, Derrick says the two of them are closer than even he and Colin are. So, why should Ricardo texting me bother him? I mean, yeah, I was kinda annoyed with Kay for giving him my number without asking me, but it's not that big a deal. Oh well, I don't have time to worry about him. I notice the professor is wrapping up the lecture and grab my pencil to take notes as he sums up everything he's just covered.

ooooooooOoooooooo

"So how's the married life?" Maya asks, as she and I start stretching. "Or should I say the pretend marriage life?"

I roll my eyes, "It's fine. I mean, I just moved in Saturday. Today's only Wednesday and we haven't had much time to like spend together, but it hasn't been bad or anything."

"How many arguments have you guys gotten into?" She smirks.

"Surprisingly, not as many as I thought we would." I answer honestly, casually looking over her shoulder to see if they're here yet.

I haven't spoken to Colin since that last text he sent. I'm not sure if he's coming or not. I'm also not sure why I'm kinda hoping he will come....

"What are you looking at?" Maya questions suspiciously, turning around to see what I was looking at. "And what is Kay doing back there anyway?" She gestures over to the "hidden room." The hidden room is actually a room behind the mirror in the studio. People inside that room can see everything that's happening on the other side, while people in this room are clueless to it. There's also an emergency exit. No one ever uses the room though and it's so secluded and isolated from the rest of the place, so that's how Kay plans to let the guys in without causing a scene. "What are you guys up to?" She narrows her eyes at me, and crosses her arms across her chest.

"Uhh..I-" Just as I'm about to make some bullshit excuse, I hear Kay's voice and let out a sigh of relief.

"And this is where we teach," she says in a sweet and innocent voice as Ricardo, Derrick and Colin follow behind her.

"Who are you-" Maya stops when she turns around and sees the guys. "What the hell are they doing here?!" She shouts, pointing specifically to Derrick.

"I invited them," Kay answers, looking at Ricardo.

"I missed you too baby," Derrick laughs, walking over to Maya. He looks over her body with nothing but lust, "Goddamn you have a tight ass body."

Maya glares up at him, "Why are you here? You're not even interested in dance."

"True, but I'm interested in you."

"For the last time, the feeling is not mutual."

"Yet," Derrick supplies.

Maya turns her glare to me, "I can't believe you were in on this too."

I raise up my arms as if to surrender, "Hey, I didn't plan it."

"But you still knew."

"Guilty," I confess, flashing a deep smile. She cuts her eyes at me.

Shaking my head, I walk over to Kay who is flirting it up with Ricardo.

"Hey," I say to Colin, careful not to make my annoyance with him too evident.

His eyes glaze over me with an emotion I can't really identify, "Hey."

"You still upset with me?" I question, leaning my weight on the heels of my Jordan's.

He looks surprised, "I wasn't upset with you. I was....." He shakes his head, "Never mind." A beat. "Is....is that my hat?"

My eyes widen a little as I remember the black ‘DOPE' hat I found in his car that I've taken a strong liking too. "Oh yeah, you don't mind me borrowing it do you?"

"I guess not," he laughs. "Looks better on you than it did me anyway."

"Probably true," I tease, tilting my head to the side. "I'm glad you came."

He smiles softly, "I'm glad too....you should really dress like this around the house more often. Just saying." He jokes, gesturing to my outfit.

"Not gonna happen pretty boy," I exclaim.

"Can't blame me for trying," he licks his lips.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me," Maya says clearly pissed off. "That is the most ignorant thing I've heard you say."

"What?" I ask, as everyone seems to turn their attention to Derrick and Maya.

"This arrogant prick," she sends derrick a venomous glare. "Thinks that what we do here isn't a workout."

The prick in question rolls his eyes, "All I said was that dancing isn't a legit workout. Hell, I don't think it's a warm-up. It's a hobby."

"Oh really?" Kaydence chimes in, "Have you ever actually witnessed an advanced hip-hop dance class?"

"Don't answer that..." I hear Colin mumble from behind me, preceded by and followed by a fake cough.

"No, but how hard can it be to-" He does a horrendous imitation of twerking and a couple other typical, ratchet dance moves. "do that?"

Riccardo slaps his forehead, "You just had to go there..."

"First of all, this-" Kay does a 15 second, rather impressive twerk which certainly catches the guys attention. "is how you twerk. Second, you have no idea how ignorant you look and sound. Thirdly, why don't you put your money where your big ass mouth is?"

Again, Colin does his fake coughs while mumbling, "Don't do it," In between them.

"I'm listening," Derrick smirks.

"You watch us teach, and at the end, when you realize that our little ‘hobby' is a workout then you have to go a month without speaking to Maya."

"A month?!" Both Derrick and Maya exclaim in unison.

"That's a little excessive," Maya says. "Make it a week." She must notice the shocked looks on everyone's faces, "What? I'm not that big of a bitch."

 Bullshit.

I was right. She does have a thing for Derrick.

Note to self: Drag the hell out of this and hold it against her even after they get together. Yeah, I'm predicting their hook-up.

"You got it ma," Derrick chuckles. "And when I see ya'll hobby isn't a workout? What's in it for me?"

"The three of us will do our Wicked Games pole dancing routine for ya'll," Kay answered confidently.

"We accept!" Derrick and Ricardo say at the same time.

"The fuck ya'll do," Colin grunts, grabbing me by my waist and pulls me into him. "Like I'm gonna let my wife dance on a pole for ya'll thirsty asses."

I roll my eyes, "Relax boo. It's not like they gonna win anyway."

"The hell we won't," Ricardo snickers. "I can picture it already. Shawty working the hell out of that pole. That ass......Goddamn." He shakes his head and licks his lips.

"You better be talking about Kay," I threaten, crossing my arms.

"Duh!" Kay says with an eye roll. "Rico's not about to hit on his friends girl while Colin right here and everybody knows Maya only got a medium sized ass."

Derrick scrunches up his face in confusion, "Who the fuck is Rico?"

Glancing at the clock, I notice it's 7:28. The students should be here any minute.

"Ya'll better get going," I sigh, moving out of Colin's embrace.

Maya looks at the clock as well, "We gotta start class."

"Start mentally preparing yourself for not being able to talk to McTitties for a week," Kay says to Derrick.

"I really hate when you guys call me that," Maya groans.

"Hey, it's better than Phat Phat." I grimace, remember that horrendous nickname Kay gave me back in middle school.

"Well, I mean, it's not like they're not appropriate," Derrick murmurs and the three of us turn to see that he's still in the room.

"Leave!" The three of us yell, which causes him to quickly head into the backroom.

"Where's Chris?" Maya suddenly asks.

As if on cue, Chris comes walking in, "Right here."

Chris also teaches the class with us. He's an amazing dancer and was one of the first people to welcome us here at the studio. He grew up in East L.A. and hand a rough upbringing, but found solace in dancing. He managed to get out the projects and is now one of the best choreographers around these necks of the woods. He's also pretty damn cute. Like Colin, he has a myriad of tattoos scattered across his body. However, he really has Colin beat. Chris's arms, chest, back and even the sides of his neck are covered in tattoos. He has a pretty nice body. He's not very built like Colin, with rather slim arms, but amazing abs.

"Hey Chris," I smile at him.

He briefly glances at me and gives me a rather icy, "Hi."

My smile drops.

 The fuck?

This nigga has hand an attitude with me for almost two weeks and I don't even know why. He and I have always been cool. He and I are closer than he is with Kay and Maya. I mean, that's partially because he has a thing for me, but he knows I just like him as a friend. I don't know what's changed.

 

ooooooooOoooooooo

"Great job you guys," I manage to get out through my heavy breathing. Glancing at Chris, I have to bite my tongue to keep from lashing out at him. I understand that he has a problem with me for whatever reason, but that's a personal problem; don't bring your shit into our profession. He was so tense and cold with me. He barely even glanced at me all class and acted like he didn't even want to dance with me when we had to partner together for our "Look at Me Now" warm-up.

"Yeah, keep practicing and we'll see ya'll tomorrow." Maya adds, before taking a huge gulp of water.

We always give our best, but we really put in work tonight. The class had requested we choreograph something to "Bands a Make Her Dance" and we finally finished it and showed it to them tonight. They loved it. Obviously, Chris stayed in the background and just helped when he noticed certain members struggling with certain moves. Then, we did a throwback and did a dance to "Upgrade U." Chris choreographed a "guy" friendly type dance. Both were intense as fuck. However, we love dancing and we make it fun for our class.

The four of us take about 15 minutes to talk to the class or to answer any questions they may have before everyone finally leaves.

As soon as I see everyone is gone, I turn to Chris with an unsympathetic expression, "What the fuck is up with you?"

He looks at me, "I don't know what you're talking about. I ain't got no beef with you."

"Bullshit," I scoff. "You've been acing funny with me for over a week now. What gives? I didn't do you shit." He rolls his eyes, "Look Chris, I don't know what your issue is, but I don't have time for this high school beef type shit. We're all adults. I expect you to act like one, especially in the workplace."

"If that's what you want," he shrugs nonchalantly. 

"What she wants," Kay joins in. "is for you to stop being a pressed, little bitch, grow a pair and just tell her what the fuck is up with your moody ass."

He laughs bitterly, "Just like she was upfront with me about the real reason she wouldn't go out with me?"

"What are you even talking about?" Maya adds in.

Suddenly, he grabs my left hand and gestures to the expensive ass ring adorning my ring finger. "It's not you. It's just me. I'm not looking to be in a relationship right now. Dating is the last thing on my mind Chris, you know that." He starts mockingly quoting all the reasons I gave him that I couldn't go out with him. I feel my anger slowly start to dissipate.

"Okay, she got married." Kay scoffs, "What's it to you? She don't have to answer to you or anybody else."

"Look Chris....I," I trail off, not knowing how to explain the situation to him. Fuck. I can't even do that. If I tell him the truth, I risk getting Colin and mine's secret out. If I lie, I risk losing our friendship. I'm double fucked. Time to improvise. "I'm sorry Chris. I should have just been honest with you. But, I value our friendship, and I didn't want to lose you. I didn't wanna hurt your feelings."

"Naw," he drops my hand and I subconsciously bring it to my chest. "You just fucked with them instead."

I bite the inside of my lip and look down, "What do you want me to say Chris?"

"Ain't nothing to say," He says coldly. "Your actions have said enough."

"Really Chris?" Maya scoffs. "You're blowing this whole damn thing out of proportion. You don't even know the whole story."

"What's there to know?" He asks defensively, "It's pretty obvious what happened. She done went off met, dated for a lil while, and married some nigga that probably don't even give two fucks about her."

"Hold the fuck up Chris," I interrupt, feeling my anger starting to come back. "You know me. You know that's not how I operate. So don't come at me with that bullshit. I'm a grown ass woman. I don't have to report to you about who I choose to date. Yes, I got married. Last time I checked, there was no law against that. You don't know a damn thing about me and my husband's relationship so don't you dare try to belittle what we have. I've apologized to you, but it's obvious you don't wanna hear it. I like you Chris. I really do. I consider you a good friend, but I've never been one to chase behind nobody and I'm damn sure not starting now. So," I step up to him, looking up since he's a good foot taller than me. "When you decide to swallow your stupid ass male pride and want to discuss this like mature adults, call me. Until then, this conversation is over." Brushing past his shoulder, I grab my dance bag and head towards the door. "I'm gonna go take my shower."

ooooooooOoooooooo

Maya, Kay, and I finish our showers in less than twenty minutes. By the time we get back to the room, Chris is gone. Good. He pissed me the fuck off. I know, I'm in the wrong too, but he's being such a bitch about this whole thing.

Of course, Derrick was forced to admit that he was wrong and subsequently agreed not to talk to Maya for a week. Though I'm not sure who was more upset over the loss, Derrick or Ricardo......

"It's soooo beautiful out here tonight!" Kay exclaims, spinning as we all walk out to the cars. "We should do something!"

"Like what?" Maya yawns, while stretching upward. "There's not much we can do without getting mobbed."

"Oh, true." Kay pouts, remembering the guys celebrity statuses. A beat. "I know! We could go to the beach!"

 

"The fuck?" I question. "I'm pretty sure there's gonna be people at the beach Kay."

She rolls her eyes, "Not where we went that time we got lost-"

"You mean the time you got us lost," Maya corrects.

"Whatever," Kay waves her off. "But you remember right? It's like it was isolated." She turns to the guys, "I don't think anyone even knows that it's there. We're guaranteed to have privacy."

"I am not going to the damn beach at nine something at night. You watch Lifetime. That's how it always starts," Maya huffs and then turns to me. "OhEmGee Bethany! We should like totally go to the beach!" She says with a fake white girl accent.

I laugh, but decide to play along. "Totally! We can take my daddy's Mercedes! But let's like leave our phones here because I am like so sick of my parents! Like not even."

"Yay! And let's not tell anybody where we're going! Ooh! And lets park the car far from where we're actually gonna be."

"Absolutely! I mean, it's not like it's 3:00 in the morning and there are creepy rapist out or anything.."

"Ewww!" We say at the same time, before bursting out with laughter.

"Ha ha," Kay rolls her eyes, and turns her attention back to the guys who look thoroughly amused. "Ignore them. They're crazy. Come on! It's so beautiful out tonight! And we don't have to stay long! An hour! Max!" She attempts to beg, particularly focusing on persuading Riccardo.

"It is pretty nice out..." Ricardo trails off, "Aw fuck it. I'm game."

"Yay!" Kaydence squeals.

Maya throws her head back and groans, "Fine, but we're not staying over an hour." She opens up the trunk and throws her stuff in the trunk, "Come on Anna Nicole. The faster we get there. The faster we can leave."

"I'm riding with Ricardo," Kay replies, grabbing on to his waist. "Derrick can ride with you."

"Like hell he can," Maya objects.

"Come on baby, I'll even drive." Derrick attempts to plead. "All you have to do is sit and ride." He winks.

Maya blushes at his double meaning, "Just get in the damn car." She mutters, getting in the driver's seat and slamming the door.

Yawning, I turn towards Colin and throw my stuff in the backseat.

"You're driving," I tell him, getting into the passenger's seat.

ooooooooOoooooooo

"Let's split up in groups of two," Kay decides. "Rico and I, Maya and Derrick, and Aria and Colin."

"Why the fuck am I always stuck with him?" Maya complains, kicking a random pebble in the sand.

"It's fate baby," Derrick answers.

Maya rolls her eyes, "More like fucking damnation." She starts heading off in the opposite direction.  Derrick, of course, follows close behind.

"Come on," Kay grabs Ricardo's hand with a smirk. "I have a special spot for you and me." The two quickly peregrinate in another direction.

"Eww," I grimace, realizing what they plan on doing. I don't see how people can have sex on the beach. That shit has to be uncomfortable as fuck. "Make sure he gloves that love hoe!" I yell after her.

"Right back at ya slut!" She screams back.

Laughing, I turn around to face Colin who I'm surprised to see is heading off in another direction.

"Hey!" I hurry after him, "Don't leave me." I whine, grabbing onto his arm. "Someone might try to kidnap me."

He raises his eyebrow, "Trust me. They'd either send you back or turn themselves in."

I glare and punch his arm, "Shut up. I'd have you know that I'd make a great captive."

"Sure you would," he laughs and rolls his eyes. "You don't know how to be submissive."

"I can be taught," I wink, stopping to move in front of him pushing my chest against his. "I'm a fast learner," I look up at him through batted eyelashes. His eyes struggle to stay focused on mine as they keep darting to my chest. Laughing, I pull myself away from him and sit on the sand. He does the same. My smile drops.

"Why haven't you asked me about what happened with Chris?" I ask, keeping my gaze on the steady waves.

A beat. "I'm learning it's better to just wait for you to bring stuff up-"

"Rather than have to deal with me and my mood swings," I finish for him softly. I drop my head and chuckle bitterly, "It's okay. I understand."

"Plus, there's not much to talk about. He likes you. The feeling isn't mutual. He clearly doesn't take rejection well."

I laugh, glancing back at him. "Pretty much. But I don't get why he's so pissed. Like, we're friends, but I don't talk to him every day. We've never even gone out. I just don't see him like that. I get why he's upset with me. I really do, but he's blowing this all out of proportion. I hated having to blow up on him like I did, but he knows how I am. He knows how I get."

Colin nods, "Have you ever....um..."

"Looked into getting help?" I finish for him. He nods. "Of course. It's something I've always contemplated."

"Why haven't you then?" He asks carefully, keeping his tone of voice neutral.

"Because," Pulling my knees up to my chest, I rest my chin on them and wrap my arms around them. I keep my eyes on the waves, reusing to look at him. "There's a reason I am the way I am. Reasons actually, and seeking help will mean I have to revisit my past." I turn to look at him, "And I'm not willing to open up Pandora's Box."

"Do you know the story?" He randomly asks me.

I tilt my head to the side, "Of what?"

"Pandora's box."

"A little. I know the logistics. She opened it and unleashed all kinds of evil. What's your point?"

"It wasn't just all bad things that came out," He adds. "There was one last thing at the bottom."

I hesitate to ask, "What was it?"

He looks me dead in the eyes and answers, "Hope."

 

 

End Notes:

This chapter might seem boring to some, but it's necessary and you all will see why in future chapters. ;)

Also, I really do appreciate all the reviews. I want to make an attempt to start replying to them all, but for now, I just want you to know that I do read them. They always motivate me. I'm still honestly shocked by how much you all love this story. It's mind blowing. I appreciate you all.

Thanks :)

READ&REVIEW 

 

Yes or No by DramaQueenAmby
Author's Notes:

This is pretty much a filler chapter, but it gives a little insight on Arianna's past.

Also,......it includes and expiriment of my own.

"I can't believe you're still upset with me," Colin shakes his head, leaning against the edge of the kitchen counter. He watches intently as Arianna fixes her breakfast, as she hostilely grabs the needed objects, slamming them when she sees fit.

She barely spares him a glance.

"Well believe it," she huffs. "This is not how I expected to spend my Saturday."

"It's not that big a deal," he tries to reason with her.

She slams the bowl on the counter and spins around to look at him, "No, the actual thing itself isn't. It's the fact that you waited until the day of to tell me, Oh, by the way, my sister-in-law and both of my mother's invited you to go have lunch with them today. Who the fuck does that? You know I hate surprises."

"You don't have to go," Colin sighs.

"And have them thinking I'm rude?" she scoffs off his suggestion. "No, I'll go, but next time you pull last minute shit like this on me? I won't be as nice." Snatching her bowl off the counter, she brushes past him to head up the stairs.

"If that was nice," he mutters quietly. "I'd hate to see mean."

"I heard that!" She yells from atop the stairs.

oooooooOooooooo

"How does this look?" Arianna asks, walking into Colin's room without even knocking.

Sitting at his desk, he pulls off his red Beats by Dr. Dre and lets his eyes travel from the top of her blonde head to the bottom of her high heels clad feet.

"Nice," he says honestly.

By the look of Arianna's face, he realizes too late that that's not the answer she was looking for.

"That's it," she turns on her heel. "I'm changing."

Rolling his eyes, he gets up and grabs her arm. "Don't. You look fine."

"I look too casual," she says more to herself than him. Stretch black pants, thin white tank, a peach colored blazer, and peach high heels.

"For lunch, Aria?" He uses a ‘really' tone.

She sucks her teeth, "No, for your family."

"My families not like that," he tries to reason with her. "We don't judge by appearance."

She has to stop herself from making a sly comment about his brother and sister-in-law

"I guess," she concedes, turning to face him. "Anything else you wanna tell me about?"

"Depends." A beat. "Are you going to click on me?"

"Maybe," she shrugs while momentarily tilting her head to one side. "Maybe not. You never know with me."

"True," he ignores her scowl. "A bunch of the players from the team are going to this pool party over at the Four Seasons later today."

"Fancy." Aria snickers, turning to re-examine her appearance in the mirror. "You going?"

"Will you go with me?"

Aria pauses for a moment and looks at him, "So I can be your arm candy for your boys to gawk at? No thanks. I'll pass."

He looks at her with a mixture of frustration and confusion, "Why do you always jump to conclusions? Maybe I just want you to go with me."

"Bullshit." She rolls her eyes, "You honestly expect me to believe you want to bring my crazy ass around your friends? I'm not stupid Colin."

"I brought you around my family."

"Because you didn't have a choice, given the situation we were in, the one we're still in." She points out, feeling her anger starting to boil up. "Admit it Colin. The only reason you're doing all of this, being so nice to me, is because you don't really have a choice. It's a part of this facade we have."

Colin is silent for a few minutes and Aria isn't exactly sure if he even plans on saying anything else, so with a roll of her eyes, she moves past him and attempts to leave the room. However, he grabs her arm to prevent her from leaving, "You're unbelievable, ya know that? You honestly think that everything I've done for you, I've done out of obligation? That's bullshit and you know it. I do it because I have legitimate feelings for you, because I actually care about you. Because even though your constant bitching and empty accusations, and ludicrous suspicions drive me fucking insane at times, I still believe that I could have a future with you. But I'm getting fed up. One minute you seem willing to make this work, and the next you're ready to cuss me out. I'm willing to try, I really am. But not if you're not going to do the same and it's obvious you're not, then that's fine. I'm done." He releases her arm and walks away to return to his desk.

Arianna stands there dumbfounded, so many emotions running through her head. His little rant is not what she was expecting. She's so confused, numerous thoughts running rapid in her mind. Her mind saying one thing, while her heart is desperately trying to say another.

She stands there for a good five minutes and moves in front of him, "I.....I don't know.... how." She whispers, looking down at the ground while moving her arms so that she's hugging herself. "I don't know how to let people in." She admits. "Do you know what the last thing my mother said to me before she left me was?" He refuses to look at her, "She tol-" her breath hitches. "She promised me that she would come back for me, and she never did. Every day, I waited for her. Even when they placed me in different homes, I would run away back to the foster home because I didn't want to be with them. I didn't want them. I wanted my mother. So, I waited and waited and finally, a few months later...I find out she's given up her rights to me." She laughs bitterly, "I'm now a ward of the state." She bites her lip and shakes her head, "I told myself that if my own mother didn't want me, why would anyone else? I decided that it was best just to shut people out rather than have to face that rejection again. The only reason I let Kay and Maya in was because we all went in the foster home at the same time so they helped me get through that. They were the only two people I actually trusted-the only ones I still do trust." She drops her gaze again, "Then I made the mistake of opening up to someone and to this day I'm still suffering from it." She closes her lips and takes a few seconds to regain composure, "I don't know how to be what you want me to be. I can't. I want to, but I...I can't....I'm sorry."

This time, it's Colin who's left dumbfounded. He has so many questions he wants to ask her. Where was her father? Who was the person she regretted trusting? Were they the reason she has the issues she does? Then the bombshell that Kaydence and Maya also grew up in a foster home. It was a lot to process. Arianna has to be one of the most complicated woman he's ever been with. Physically, she's his ideal woman. Personality wise, she's the exact opposite of what he goes for. Colin's never been one for girls with baggage. However, he finds himself drawn to her, despite her numerous flaws.

"Aria," he finally breaks his silence. "I'm not asking you to change who and how you are. I know that's beyond your control.

"You're scared I'm going to leave you."

"Because you are," she whispers.

"Not if you don't want me to," he firmly reassures her. "Fuck the five months."

"I want a lot of things Colin, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen."

"Because you prevent it from happening," he counters.

"Because it won't last," she says defiantly.

"You stop things and start pushing people away before you even have a chance to see whether it will last."

"Surest way to not get hurt,"

"You're still hurting though Aria, whether you'll admit it or not."

Silence.

"I do care about you," she admits in a voice above a whisper. "But I still don't trust you. I can try though," she looks at him with hopeful eyes. "I will try."

Colin doesn't say anything and instead pulls her onto his lap and kisses her. Arias arms automatically go around his neck, enjoying the feel of his hands playing in her hanging hair. What starts out as a sweet and passionate kiss quickly turns into a hot and heavy make out session. Not really feeling their current position, Colin rises up, holding aria as if she weighs nothing and brings her over to the bed. Never once breaking their kiss, he lays on top, careful not to put all of his weight on her. Lifting up for a brief second, he removes his shirt while Aria takes the opportunity to discard her blazer. Wasting no time in resuming their kiss, Colin lets his hands travel down her body. He gropes her right breast, while his thumb rubs her perfectly erect nipple through the thin, cotton fabric. Arianna releases a lustful moan as her own hands become familiar with his broad chest. She feels everywhere where there is bare skin. Detaching his lips from hers, Colin greedily moves to her neck. She moans and closes her eyes in pure bliss as he finds her weak spot.

He teasingly runs his fingers along the top of her pants, fiddling with the button, when he feels her tense.

"Colin," she gulps, fighting to speak as he plants kisses down her body, pushing her shirt up to reveal the smooth caramel skin. "I can't."

"You don't have to," he says huskily as he unbuttons her pants and easily slides them down her legs.

"What are you-" she silences herself with an irresistible moan as he starts kissing up her thighs. "Your family-"

"Can wait." With one brisk move, he rips off her lace underwear and before she can even get another word out, his lips are on hers.

The other pair that is.

She shrieks as his tongue starts circling her clit in a teasing manner. "Oh my God," She moans; playing with her breast, as his grip on her thighs tightens. His tongue starts exploring her, licking and sucking in all the right spots, evoking load moans and borderline screams. She whimpers, feeling her lower body involuntary shutter as he continues to work his magic. She places her hand on top of his head, to push him deeper in her.

It's an unfamiliar feeling, yet one she already hopes will never end.

It feels like she's died and gone to heaven. She's found her paradise. Arching her back, Arianna becomes restive as she feels her orgasm threatening to explode. As stubborn and hardheaded as she is, Colin is thoroughly surprised and amused by how those certain traits fail to transfer over to the bedroom. He's never seen this side of her. So submissive. He'd like nothing more than to take her right now, to see just how loud he can make her scream his name. But he knows better than to push her. He could feel how apprehensive she became when he moved his hands by her pants. He won't push her.

Finally, she releases.

Arianna is still, eyes closed, as she attempts to compose herself. She feels a weight on the bed next to her, and sighs softly when she feels his fingers in her hair.

"You could have warned me," she says lamely, gradually sitting up as she looks for her underwear, then realizes he ripped them.

"Would it have made a difference?" he laughs as she sends him a weak glare.

Arianna reaches for Colin's shirt and slips it over her partially nude body. Getting up off the bed, she walks over to the mirror and pouts at her disheveled appearance. "Great, now I have to take another shower and do my fucking hair and makeup over again."

 

"Sorry," Colin replies in an unapologetic tone. "So was that a yes or no to the party?"

End Notes:

So.....I think this was my first time trying to write a 'sex' scene. I tried. It's too difficult. All other sexual interactions will be implied or cut off before the graphic content comes. 

Also, since a few of you can't really picture Nicki as Arianna, you can use my second choice for Aria as a mental picture.

Ashanti

Thanks as always you guys.

Read&Review 

:)

Good Times by DramaQueenAmby
Author's Notes:

Sorry for the wait. I'm in the middle of moving. I'll be in my new house by mid next week so expect another update in another week or so. 

I've never felt so awkward before in my life. Sitting in front of Colin's mom (both of them) and his thirsty ass sister-in-law not even an hour after Colin and I were just.....getting to know each other. Well, technically, he was getting to know me better. I still can't believe I let him do that to me. I mean, it's not that I didn't want him to. Actually, I didn't, but I kind of did. Fuck. I don't know what I wanted. I do know that I'm starting to wonder if there's any part on that man's body that isn't gifted.

"I'm so sorry I haven't been friendlier Arianna," I hurry up and push aside all my naughty thoughts as I focus on Mrs. Kaepernick. "I've been meaning to come over to see how you're doing, but every time I ask Colin if you're free, you always seem to be preoccupied."

"I'm sorry Mrs. Kaepernick-"

"Oh please," she laughs. "Call me Teresa honey."

"Okay," I smile softly; she's too kind. "Teresa. As I was saying, my schedule is so busy; I'm constantly on the go. There are days when the only time I see Colin is when I leave in the morning and get home at night. So please, you don't have to apologize."

"She's right," Lindsay chimes, sipping on her Diet Coke. "Just the other day, when I was talking to Colin, he said it's like she's not even there." She says rather innocently, but I know exactly what her underlying meaning is.

"Well," Heidi decides to join in. She's been rather quiet so far. "That may be, but last time I spoke to him, he spoke very highly of you Arianna."

Seriously?

"Really?" I question softly. He spoke highly of me. The same bitch he was, just hours ago, ready to call quits with?

"Oh, I do hope my son is treating you right sweetheart." Teresa says earnestly, reaching to place her hands on top of mine. She is such a kind woman.

"Yes ma'am," I smile reassuringly. "You and Mr. Kaepernick really did a wonderful job raising him. He's the perfect gentleman."

She sighs with relief and places a hand over her chest, "Thank you honey. We're so proud of him. Nevertheless, son or no son, you just let me know if he gives you any problems. He'll never be too old for his mother to come and straighten him out."

I giggle, "You're welcome, and that's very kind of you, but I highly doubt it'll ever come to that."

"True. Especially since Colin has always been good with relationships. Rarely, if things ever went sour, it was usually on the girls end."

Heidi raises her eyebrow at Lindsay, "You sure do seem to know a lot about my son. Did you two ever date?"

I smile inwardly. I have a feeling Heidi doesn't really care for Lindsay either.

"Oh no," Barbie smiles and laughs awkwardly. "He's like a brother to me."

Heidi, like me, looks unconvinced but doesn't elaborate on the subject. The rest of the luncheon goes over rather smoothly, aside from Lindsay's snide remarks. I really can't stand her. It's like she feels as if there's this competition between us over who Colin, who, is not interested in her. She's his sister-in-law for fucks sake!

Just as I'm about to open my car door, I hear someone call out my name, and turn around to see Heidi walking towards me.

"Arianna," she says with a warm smile. "Do you have a moment?"

"Of course," I lift my sunglasses from off my eyes.

"I just wanted to tell you that even though I'm not really family-"

"With all due respect Heidi, even though Teresa and her husband raised Colin, you gave birth to him; that makes you family to me." I inform her gently.

She gives me a warm smile and grasp my hands, "That's so kind of you to say. Thank you. I really appreciate it. I just wanted to tell you that if you ever need anything, please, don't hesitate to call. If I'm going to have a relationship with my son, I also want to have one with the people he cares about."

I look at her, studying her, discerning her. Like Teresa, she's completely and whole-heartedly genuine. She and I share a few more words before exchanging numbers and parting ways. Colin has no idea how blessed he is to have such kind people in his life. I can't believe I ever had any sort of negative opinions about this woman.

ooooooooooOooooooooo

"How'd it go?" Colin asks as I walk into his room, kicking my heels off along the way and taking off my jewelry.

"Surprisingly-" I plop down on the bed with a loud ‘thud.' "Good." I turn on my side to face him as he looks through his closet for something to wear, "You're so lucky," I mumble

He takes a second to look at me, "For?"

Rolling my eyes, I decide to change the subject. What's the point? He doesn't get it.

"Never mind," I sigh, pulling my legs up closer to my chest. "How long until I have to start getting ready?"

"Well, the party doesn't actually start until 4." I look at the clock; it's 1:15. "But considering how long it took you to get ready for a simple luncheon," he laughs off my glare. "I'd suggest you start getting ready now."

I groan, returning to my position of being on my back. "Fine," I huff, starring up at the ceiling. As much as I like the idea of Colin and me finally going out and doing something together, we're still not going to be alone. I'm going to be surrounded by a sea of people who I don't even know. Fan-Fucking-Tastic.

Wait.

I wonder if....no. It'd be bad-mannered. Then again, what do I have to lose?

"Babe?" I sit up, watching him intently as he continues to peruse his closet for whatever the fuck he's looking for. Honestly, it's a pool party; not the damn Oscars. Pick a shirt a pair of swim trunks and get the fuck ready.

"Yeah," he answers absentmindedly. Getting up off the bed, and pulling my heels back on, I walk over into by him.

"Holy shit," I breathe, marveling at his massive shoe collection. This motherfucker has more shoes than DSW. Yes, he has a lot of clothes as well, but his shoes take up majority of the space. I'm also starting to think he has a case of OCD as well, judging by how organized everything is. Refocusing my attention, I subtly move behind him, wrapping my arms around him. "I'm gonna feel out of place; I won't know anybody."

"You know Ricardo and Kyle," he says the latter of the two drily. Damn. I almost forgot about Kyle's ignorant ass. I suppose I owe him a thank you though. If it wasn't for him, I would have never met Colin....naw. Fuck that. There's no way in hell I'm telling that misogynistic pig anything of the sort. I'll let God take the credit for this questionable union.

For a second, I consider punching him in his back, but considering all of my physical attacks on him seem to leave him unfazed and I bruised, I decide against it.

"Funny," I mutter dryly. "I'm serious Colin." No response. "Maybe if I had-" The sound of the doorbell cuts me off.

"That's probably Ricardo," he says, clearly unconcerned about what I was just saying. "Can you get that?"

"Sure," I exhale. "Not like we were in the middle of a conversation or anything," I complain quietly, walking away from him. For some reason, I don't even bothering to look out the peephole or ask who it is; I simply open the door.

The Fuck.

"Maya? Kay?" I exclaim in complete shock and surprise. "What are you guys doing here?"

"To get ready for the party," Kay answers in an obvious tone as the two of them welcome themselves in. Yeah, I'm beyond confused.

"What?" I say more to myself than them. "How do you two know about that?"

"Colin," Maya answers matter-of-factly. "He called us and asked us if we wanted to come and, clearly, we said yes."

Yeah, now I'm even more confused.

"But why would he...." I trail off as the two of them start heading upstairs to my room. I'm an idiot. He invited them for me. He already knew I'd be hesitant to go mostly because I wouldn't know anyone there. He did it so I would feel more comfortable. He knows me better than I give him credit for sometimes.

"Aria!" I hear Kaydence yell out. She can be so ghetto sometimes. "Get that fat ass up here so we can find something for you to wear!"

Laughing to myself, I shake my head and head up the stairs. Along the way, I stop to go see Colin, who's laying out his outfit on his bed. Finally, he picked something out. Took him long enough. And he has the nerve to talk about me.

Crossing my arms, I move closer to him, tilting my head to the side.

"Thank you."

He looks at me with an innocent and oblivious expression, "For what?"

I grin softly, "You know what."

He maintains his feigned ignorance to what I'm talking about as he sits down on his bed, "Not really."

"Mmmhmm." Moving in between his legs, I put my arms around his neck, "We should do something after we get home."

He raises he eyebrow suggestively, "What do you have in mind?"

I playfully glare at him, "Not like that you pervert. I meant something fun." A beat. "Our Disney Movie Marathon. I need a nostalgic throwback."

He laughs, "Okay, but I get to pick the first movie."

"Let me guess," I pretend to ponder the possibilities. "The Incredibles?"

"It's a classic!" He exclaims.

"If you say so," I giggle, removing my arms to leave when grabs me by my hips. Standing up, he leans down to place a soft kiss on my cheek before whispering, "You're welcome."

ooooooooooOooooooooo

"Aria, I should have taken you with me to the club a long ass time ago." Kay says distractedly, eyes scanning the crowded pool area for her latest victim. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but didn't Colin say a few members from the team would be here? Yeah, well it seems like the entire fucking roster decided to show up.

Laughing, I shift my shoulders, and adjust my sunglasses. "You're terrible Kay, you know that?"

"You're just now realizing that?" Maya teases, clearly enjoying her current position of lying on her stomach on the surprisingly comfortable pool chairs. "Although, I must admit, living the glamorous life isn't half as bad as I would have thought."

"That's because you haven't experienced the negative side," The three of us turn to see a grinning Derrick, whose attention is focused solely on Maya.

"Dammit!" Maya groans, turning on her backside and running her hands through her hair. "Can't I just go one day without you interfering with my life?"

He chuckles, sitting down on the edge of her pool chair. Maya quickly reacts by pulling her legs up to her chest. "Funny. You weren't complaining when we were at the beach."

Fuck.

I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion, "M, what is he-"

"Nothing," she cuts me off sharply. "Speaking of the beach, I believe we had a deal."

"She's right," Kay adds, although clearly curious about what Derrick was referring to. "You've still got another four days dude."

"It's fine," he rises up and Maya extends her long legs to ensure he doesn't sit back down. "That goodbye we had can hold me until then." He winks, before walking off to meet up with Colin.

"Explanation. Now." Kay demands, crossing her arms.

"It's not that big a-"

"Maya," Kay and I say in unison.

"Fine," Maya gives up and mumbles something so low that neither of us can hear it.

"What?"  I question, and again I still can't understand. "Maya would you speak the fuck up!"

"Derrick and I made out!" She shouts, but then drops her shoulders and subconsciously glances around to see if anyone heard her. Thankfully, it seems like the loud music in combination with everyone being involved in his or her own little conversations prevented that.

"I knew it!" Kay squeals, pointing accusingly at Maya. "Your lips were just too swollen than their usual plump look."

Maya shoots her a sarcastic glare, "Whatever. It's not that big a deal. It was just a spur of the moment type thing. Didn't mean anything."

"Why can't you just admit that you like him girl? I mean, there are a lot of worse guys out there to like."

She ignores my question, "Why are we even discussing this? I have another four Derrick free days that I intend to enjoy."

"Fine," Kay gives up. A beat. "I slept with Ricardo."

"Big shock there," I comment in a ‘like we didn't already know that' tone.

"How was it?" Maya snickers.

Kay fakes an appalled expression, "Now ya'll know I never fuck and tell." Wait for it. "But since you asked," I told you. As Kay proceeds to give Maya the lowdown on her hookup with Ricardo, I let my eyes travel over the party. This place really is turned up. Too bad I'm not a party chick. Never have been. I also don't like large crowds.

Yeah, I'm beyond fucked up.

Scanning with my eyes, I finally find Colin talking to Ricardo, Derrick, and Kyle (cue the mental eye-roll). I also notice the four of them have what I'm sure are groupies horribly trying to play it cool by holding their own conversations nearby. I chuckle to myself. These bitches are too thirsty. Speaking of, don't they know Colin is married? While all of them have their attention set on all the guys, a few seem to be really interested in Colin. My man. Okay, my pretend man, but, still my man!

Getting up off the pool chair, I do away with my sunhat, removing my rubber band so I can have that messy hair look. Hey, what can I say? It works for me. Then, before placing my sunglasses back on, I lift up my cover-up revealing my black and pink two-piece, which also happens to be Maya's latest creation. I swear that bitch has the magic touch when it comes to fashion. Her designs are amazing. She's going to go far someday. On a more selfish note though, I love that Kay and I get to be her models for all of her creations. I'm not cocky at all, Lord knows I'm not, but I must admit; I know I look pretty damn good.

Walking towards the guys, I hear Kay whistle, "Goddamn Aria. Bad bitch contest you in first place hoe!"

I laugh to myself. That girl is too much sometimes.

Maneuvering through all these damn people, I finally reach them.

"Hey," I greet, with a wide smile, running a hand through my hair. All of the guys return my greeting with friendly ‘hey's' except for Kyle. As if I even give two fucks about his irrelevant ass though.

Colin looks at me with a mixture of surprise, confusion, and glee. "Hey."

"Mind if I join you?" I dart my eyes over to the empty pool chair behind Colin.

He follows my gaze, "Yeah sure."

I purposely sway my hips as I move past the guys and flash the groupies a condescending smile, as I make myself comfortable in the plastic chair. Stretching my legs out, I lean some of my wait on the palms of hands as I throw my head back, enjoying the slight breeze and sunshine.

"So Colin," Eyeing him, I see one of the groupies looking up at Colin with nothing but lust. She looks to be the same height with me, with natural bronzed skin, russet eyes, and a thin figure with an obvious boob job. Her cakey makeup, bad weave, and slutty bikini make her look no different than your average every day hoe. "What do you say you and I meet up tonight? It's been too long. I miss you and I know you miss me."

"I'm sorry, but, who are you again?" I have to stop myself from laughing at the look of pure shock on her face. Ricardo, Derrick, and Kyle look equally amused.

Unfortunately, she quickly regains her composure, "Ashley. We met last year at the BET Awards." She places her hand on his chest, "We had a lot of fun."

It takes a moment for recognition to register on Colin's face and when it does, I can tell he's uncomfortable and even more annoyed. "Oh......yeah."

"Couldn't have had that much fun if he doesn't even remember you," I mumble to no one in particular. However, I could care less if this Ashley chick or anyone else hears me.

She glares at me, "Who is she?"

I lift up my hand, flashing my ring, answering with a bored "His wife honey, and you?" Silence. "Exactly." Finally, I lift my head and rise up out my seat and cross my arms. "You have no title. Well, I mean, you do have one, but I'm trying this whole ‘be nice to people' stance on life. So, I won't go there."

She looks at me with pure anger, ready to attack. All I can do is laugh. Let her try something. I wish she would.

"Colin, I didn't know you had a thing for plus sized girls." The guys, aside from Colin, look nervous, fearing I'm going to jump on this bitch. Colin, however, looks pissed off.

"Wow," I chuckle. "Cute," I take a step closer to her. "Let's get something straight here sweetie. Colin is my husband. Okay? Whatever you think you two had, is in the past. But let's be honest, you were nothing more than a booty call. And you know I'm right. Why else do you think he took you to a hotel room, but me down the aisle?"

Silence.

"Well damn," Derrick laughs. "I guess she told your ass."

"Shut up," Ricardo hisses, elbowing Derrick in his side.

I expect her to have a snappy comeback, probably attacking my appearance again, or even a physical attack, but she doesn't. Instead, flipping her hair, and turning on her heel, she marches off towards the other side of the pool.

Chuckling, I send her a friendly wave, "Bye bitch."

Sighing heavily, I turn towards Kyle, realizing he and I need to squash this beef we have.

"Look Kyle," I bite my lip. "You don't like me and I sure as hell don't like you, but for the sake of Colin, I think we should at least try to remain cordial with one another."

Kyle crosses his arms and nods, "I agree."

I mirror his actions, "Truce?"

"Truce."

"Am I the only one who's still mindfucked by the fact that this whole this thing is an act?" Derrick wonders aloud. "Seriously, we all deserve Oscars for this shit."

"Shut up Derrick," The four of us say altogether.

ooooooooooOooooooooo

"Hurry up bae!" Colin yells, grabbing a handful of snacks and plopping down on the sofa. "The movie is starting!"

"I'm coming!" I yell, looking over my appearance for a final time. Bare faced. Loose hair. Hollister pajama shorts. Simple white tank. My silver heart locket. Oh, and my fluffy slippers.

Yup, I look basic, which is exactly what I was going for.

Grabbing my cell and my touch, I flick the switch off in the bathroom and head down the steps.

"You get my snacks too?"

He snorts, "No."

Glaring, I throw one of my king sized bars at him, and, of course, miss miserably.

"You have no aim whatsoever," he laughs, as I gather the rest of my snacks and join him on the sofa.

"Fuck you," I mumble, trying to get into a comfortable position. "Not all of us were blessed with freakishly, abnormally, amazing athletic abilities. Some of us are athletically challenged."

"You sure it's just athletically or......" He trails off, and I can see the smile playing on his lips.

Grabbing one of the decorative pillows, I smack him as hard as I can, "Fuck you."

"I see you're challenged in terms of strength too," he continues to tease me.

"You know what," I scoff, getting up with the pillow in hand and moving so I'm in front of him. "You" smack "are" smack  "such" smack "a" smack  "jerk." I finish, giving him a final smack, attempting to put more strength into my swing. When I'm done, I realize I've knocked his snapback off his head.

"You didn't," he says feeling where his hat once was.

"I did," I say, trying to maintain my laughter. "What you gonna do about it pretty boy?" I tease, crossing my arms over my chest. I notice a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Fuck," I mutter, before dashing off towards the kitchen. I feel him close behind and dart for upstairs. Clearly, he's letting me get away because Lord knows this man's speed is off the charts while my slow ass could barely make the whole track during gym back in high school. I make a sharp right and go into his room, quickly going on one side of the bed, while he's on the other side.

"Getting tired, Mrs. Kaepernick?" He teases, noticing my breathing is starting to become heavy.

I don't know why, but hearing him call me that, causes a big ass smile on my face. "Never, Mr. Kaepernick," I smirk before quickly continuing my circle around his bed and barely escaping out the door as I feel him, of course, right on my ass. Instead of continuing this chase upstairs, I run back down and repeat our same path, kitchen, and all, before throwing my body down on the sofa. Face up, of course.

I let out a squeal when he drops on top of me, bracing himself on the sofa, "You give up already? I was just getting warmed up."

"Yes!" I concede, trying to catch my breath. "I give up, okay? There you win! You got my ass back, satisfied?"

"Not exactly," He says with that mischievous glint in his eyes.

"What are you-" Again, I squeal when he flips us over so I'm on top, positions us upright so I'm on sitting on his lap.

"You consider this getting back at me?" I snicker, snuggling my back further into his chest. "I'm not complaining though."

"For once," he mutters jokingly. "Naw, I figure almost giving your out-of-shape ass a heart attack was payback enough."

"Shut up," I mumble, reveling in the feel of being in his embrace. "I had fun today."

"Me too," he agrees.

He starts the movie over again, as we attempt to pay attention this time. We're about fifteen minutes in, as we sit and watch the film in a comfortable silence.

"Colin?" I ask quietly.

"Yeah?" He replies, most of his attention focused on the movie. We're at the plane crash scene.

"Never mind." We're having a fucking awesome moment/day. I don't want to ruin that.

He grabs the remote and pauses the movie, "No, what's up?"

Fuck. Why couldn't I just keep my damn mouth shut? Oh well, might as well do it now and get it over with.

"Did you," I sigh, fumbling with my fingers. "Did you mean it earlier when you said you wouldn't leave me if I didn't want you to?" I turn my head and look up at him, "Would you really stay with me?"

"Something you should know about me," he starts off, caressing my cheek. "I always keep my word. I wouldn't tell you something like that if I didn't mean it. It's obvious you fear rejection and abandonment. I don't want to hurt you anymore than you've already been hurt."

"Trust me," I offer him a small smile. "You could never do that."

He and I don't continue the conversation. I suppose everything that needed to be said, on both sides, was said. He resumes the movie and we make it through that one (The Incredibles) and halfway through Tarzan before I drift off to sleep, in his arms.

End Notes:

I hope you all enjoy this. It's a nice fluffy type chapter. Don't expect it to be smooth from here on out though. Aria still has skeletons in her closet. And, all of the girls will eventually realize you can't always escape your past. 

Sometimes. 

It comes back to bite you in the ass.

;-)

Read&&Review

Forgiveness by DramaQueenAmby
Author's Notes:

Sorry this took so long. I hate moving. It's so stressful. The life of a military brat though. Smh. Unfortunately, this chapter isn't set in the present time. It's a flashback, but I feel it's useful in shedding some light on Aria and her past. 

Also, google Trey Burke and bam-you have Kendall. 

Tapping her black, strappy heels against the floor of the taxi, Aria attempts to calm her ever-growing nerves. She can't stop the uneasy feeling in her stomach as she impatiently waits for the car to come to a stop.

Sitting up slightly, she glances at the clock: 6:10.

Sighing heavily, she throws herself back against the seat.

She feels a cocktail of emotions: anger, frustration, nervousness, etc. She wanted today to be perfect, and it's been everything but so far. Not only had she failed her Economics pop quiz, but also she managed to piss off Jamie the night before, resulting in being locked in, and subsequently spending the night in the cellar.

"I hate him," she says to herself, mentally disgusted at the mere thought of her foster parent. "It's all his fault." She feels her fist ball up, thinking about how she had to wait for Jamie to leave for a colleague of his get together before she could get ready. She's forever grateful to Maya and Kay for helping her as much as they did. She doesn't know what she'd do without either of them.

"We're here ms," the middle aged, cab driver informs Aria. It takes a few moments to register what he just said. When she does, she digs in her purse and pulls out the cab fare.

"Thanks," she says, quickly giving the man the money before jumping out the vehicle and slamming the door.

Walking as fast as she can, Aria takes a second to marvel at the restaurant. It's located in the business district of the already affluent city of Carmel Valley and reminds her of one of those 5 star restaurants in NYC. Sighing, she continues into the building and glances around before spotting him.

Taking a deep breath, she approaches him and, "Ken, I'm so sor-"

"You're late," he cuts her off sharply. "15 minutes late to be exact."

Arianna looks down, "I know, and I'm sorry but-"

"But what?" Snapping his head, he finally looks at her and Aria feels her stomach drop when she sees he looks completely and utterly done with her. "I told your ass to meet me at 6:00 and you couldn't even do that. It's our fucking six month anniversary Arianna." Roughly grabbing her arm, Aria instantly winces at his death grip.

"Let go of me," Aria murmurs, not wanting to cause a scene.

"You think it was easy getting these reservations?" He continues, "Well, it wasn't. I went through a lot just to make tonight special for us and you can't even show up on time." A beat. "Where were you?"

"Kendal please," she pleads, feeling his grasp tighten. "You're hurting me. Let me go."

"Not until you tell me where the hell you were and why you were late," he demands, showing not even a hint of remorse.

"Sir, your table is ready." At the sound of the stranger's voice, Kendall releases Aria and the two turn to the waiter. Both teens seem somewhat relieved by the fact that the employee seems oblivious to what just happened.

"Thank you," Kendall says calmly, gesturing for Aria to walk ahead of him.

The two follow the waiter to their table and take seats opposite of each other.

"Here are your menus," the waiter hands them the menu and pulls out a notepad. "Can I get either of you something to drink?"

"Water please," Kendall replies. His eyes dart to his girlfriend, "Ari?"

Holding onto the spot Kendall previously had his hand on; Arianna looks up at her boyfriend, and then the waiter. "Oh, umm, I'll just take a sprite."

The overly friendly blonde jots down something on the pad before smiling at Kendall, "Okay, I'll have your drink right up." Kendall offers her a simple "okay" before the flirtatious girl walks off.

As soon as the girl is out of hearing distance, Arianna looks at Kendall with anger, "What the hell was that?"

"I'm sorry baby," Kendall shamefully drops his head, clasping his hands together in front of him. "I just got worried about you. It's bad enough that we have to sneak around and even worse that you don't even have a cell phone. I couldn't even call and check up on you."

Arianna immediately feels a sense of sympathy and some guilt for reacting the way she did. He only acted the way he did out of fear. Albeit, it was in the wrong manner, he had good intentions.

"It's okay," Arianna sighs, still rubbing at her now sore arm. "But you shouldn't worry about me so much Ken."

"Aria, until I get you out of that hellhole you call home, I'm always going to worry about you

She offers him a sad smile, "I wish people could see this side of you. The real you. There's so much more to you than what meets the eye."

He returns her smile, "It's because of you. You're the only person I can be around and not feel like I have something to prove." A beat. "I love you Arianna."

"I love you too."

The server returns with their drinks, and after glancing over the menus, the two place their order.

Arianna glances and notices they're seated towards the back, in a more private area, where no one can really see them. While waiting for their food to arrive, the two spend their time talking and just joking around. She loves when he's like this: carefree and relaxed.

"Oh," she exclaims, "I almost forgot."

"What?" Kendall asks, watching as she starts to dig in her purse.

"My gift for you," she smiles, handing him sheathed card. "It's a"

"Nike gift card," he finishes for her, looking at the card. "Whoa. Baby, this is seriously for a hundred dollars?"

She nods, smiling and mentally relieved at the fact that he doesn't find the gift card insensitive. He's such a hard person to shop for. "How'd you afford it?"

"There's always someone in need for a babysitter," she shrugs. "I just took on a few extra families."

"Thanks Aria," he smiles, placing the card in his suit pocket. "Now for your gift," his smile broadens as he pulls out a black and silver gift bag.

She gasps when she sees it's a Zales gift bag, "Ken you shouldn't have."

"But I did," a beat. "Open it."

Shaking her head, she opens the bag and pulls out a small box. One someone would place a ring in. Pausing for a second, she opens the box to see a silver ring with two marquise-cut crystal birthstones she immediately recognizes are hers and his. Surrounding the crystal birthstones are diamond accents. On either side of the stones, each corresponding with the appropriate one are Arianna and Kendall. Bringing it closer to her eyes, she sees Forever and Always is engraved on the interior in bold, black letters.

"Kendall......" Aria trails off, speechless, eyes still focused on the ring.

"It's not an engagement ring; it's a promise ring," he explains. "It's my promise to you that once we graduate, we're going to get married."

Aria's head shoots up at the last word, "Married?" She glances at the ring again, "This is beautiful Kendall and I love it but...." She trails off again and Kendall's smile slowly fades away.

"What, you don't like it?" he asks sharply.

"No, it's not that, it's just that...." Again, she struggles to put together a coherent sentence.

"Just what?" He challenges. "You know I hate that beat around the bush bullshit Arianna. Just say what you gotta say."

She rolls her eyes, starting to grow irritated with his sudden mood change. "I just think...don't you think we're moving a little too fast? I love the ring. It's beautiful. I just feel like it's too early for customized gifts and promises and stuff of the sort."

"Too early?" Kendall repeats, with shock written all over his handsome face. "We've been together for six months Aria. How in the hell is that too early?"

"You're talking about marriage when we haven't even finished high school yet Kendall. I don't want to go straight into marriage right out of high school. I wanna go to college, and get my degree and have financial stability before I even think of that. Besides, we're young Kendall. Who's to say you'll even still love me or even want me once we graduate?"

"Oh, so what, now you don't love me?" He asks harshly.

"What?" Aria questions, wondering how in the hell he came up with that assumption. "Of course I love you. You're missing the whole point. I just think you're moving too fast."

"Well fuck it then," Kendall says bitterly, reaching over and snatching the box from Aria.

"Wait!" Aria exclaims, stopping when she sees his irate expression.

"Fuck no Arianna," he says her name with such venom, it sends chills down her spine. "I've been waiting for you for the past fifteen minutes and you're not even going to accept the gift I got for you for our six months together?! I mean, really, I gave you six months of my fucking life and you're gonna sit here and waste it all over a fucking ring?!"

"But baby I didn't say that-" Aria weakly attempts to explain herself when he cuts her off again.

"Just shut your big ass mouth up and let me speak!" He shouts, still maintaining a low tone though not to attract attention. "I've been a fucking fool for wasting my time with your ungrateful ass. I mean, look at me! Girls would be all over me right now if I wasn't with you."

Shaking her head, Aria wipes at her teary eyes, "Don't say that Ken. We can make this work."

He just stares at her for what seems like minutes before speaking again.

"I don't know Aria. Are you even willing to make it work?"

Opening her mouth to speak, Aria doesn't know what it is, but she's unable to do so. She wants to tell him yes, beg him not to leave her, but something prevents her from doing it.

He chuckles darkly, "Yeah, that's what I thought."

"Kendal please," she reaches out to grab his arm as he stands up.

"Let go of me Arianna," he hisses, pulling his arm out his grasp.

Standing up as well, she moves in front of him, "No, not until we work this out."

He laughs, looking away and then down at her. "I knew your ass was nothing but trouble. My first mind told me not to get involved. I should have stuck with my plan-"

"Plan?" Aria interrupts. "What plan? What are you talking about?"

He looks at her as if she just asked what color the grass is, "You honestly think I was that nice to you in the beginning because I sincerely liked you? I was playing you Arianna. The same way I do all those other easy bitches at school. All I wanted was some pussy. Figured it couldn't have been that hard considering you live with the head whore herself Kay-"

Kendall is cut off by Arianna's hand as she slaps his face with all of her strength, "I hate you." She mumbles, as her voice begins to crack.

Placing his hand where she slapped him, Kendall removes his hand and looks at Arianna before doing something she never thought he would.

He hits her. Slaps her. Hard too.

Following instinct, Arianna's own hand goes to her burning cheek as she turns her head to the side.

She can't even bear to look at him.

He leans over to whisper in her ear, "You're right. There is nothing to fucking work out."

Reaching in his pocket, he pulls out a small wad of cash and throws it on the table.

"Don't spend it all," he tells her with not a hint of emotion. "Happy anniversary Aria."

The waiter finally arrives, food in hand, not even paying much attention to Arianna.

"Leaving so soon sir?"

"Yeah," Kendall replies calmly. "So this table is a party of one now."

With a final glance at Aria, who still refuses to look at him, Kendall walks out.

OoOoOoOoOo

Arianna, looks at her reflection in her mirror, trying hard not to cry again. She can't ruin her makeup. Makeup that's concealing the nasty bruise on the left side of face.

She's dreading seeing Kendall again. She hasn't seen or heard from him since Friday. She really wishes she could stay home today, Monday's are already bad enough as it is. But she knows Jamie would never go for it.

Left stranded and with little money, Aria was forced to walk as far as she could to a bus stop. She didn't have enough money left to take a cab home. When she finally got home, she explained to Kay and Maya what happened, purposely leaving out the slapping part. She made up some story about her losing her balance in her heels and falling face first as explanation for her face.

Arianna had made it through most of the day without seeing or speaking to Kendall. Then came Chemistry. She sat all the way in the front, instead of in her usual spot next to him. During the whole class, she could feel his eyes on her, but refused to give in. As soon as the bell rang, she gathered her stuff and headed out the class. She quickly heads into the girls restroom to touch up her makeup before leaving out to go to her locker. Just as she's about to reach her locker, she feels herself being pulled into a closet. She's about to scream when someone places their hand over her mouth.

"Relax Ari Bear," she freezes at the sound of his voice. "It's just me."

Pushing him off, Aria pulls her books to her chest, "What the fuck do you want?"

Kendall flips the switch on in the closet and locks the door, "I miss you."

"Bull shit," Aria scoffs bitterly. "Leave me the fuck alone Kendall. I have nothing to say to you."

"Look, I know you're mad at me and you have every right to be, but you have to believe me when I tell you how sorry I am."

"I don't have to believe shit Kendall, now, for the last time, move out of my goddamn way."

"Ari please," he pleads and Aria looks away. "I've barely slept. All I do is think about you. I can't get you out of my mind." A beat. "I need you."

Reluctantly, she slowly turns her head to look at him. She almost has to do a double take. He looks horrible. He has a 5 o'clock shadow and bags under his eyes, confirming his sleep deprivation.  

Seeing she's not going to say anything, he continues. "You have no idea how much I regret Friday. It was supposed to be perfect and I just went and fucked everything up. I'll be honest with you, I wasn't lying when I said I was just playing you, but then I developed legit feelings and fell for you. Hard. You're everything to me Arianna and I can't bear the thought of not having you in my life. You were right. About everything. We're moving too fast. I just don't want to lose you and, ultimately, that's what the ring symbolizes. I know I hurt you and I'm sorry. It's just...." He pauses, trying to think of what else he can say to win her back. He needs her and will stop at nothing to have her as his again. "I got and E on my History exam Friday and then came home to find out my aunt has cancer."

"Oh my God," she gasps in shock. "Why didn't you-" She stops when he moves closer to her, taking the books from her and placing them on a nearby box. Cupping his hands around her face, she winces when he makes contact with her sore cheek. He lightly grazes his fingers over the same spot.

"I'm so sorry," he whispers shakily, kissing her forehead, as she closes her eyes. "I'm sorry," he moves his face to her right cheek, then her left, while mumbling a sincere apology each time.

"It's okay," Arianna finally gives in. Despite how angry she is and how hurt she is, she still can't deny how much she loves him. "I forgive you."

His smile is so bright and genuine; Aria can't help but to return it.

He proceeds to pick her up and spin her around, while throwing out countless "thank you's."

"But baby, how in the hell did you get such a bad grade on your exam? You love history."

"I don't know," he shrugs. "I guess I wasn't really paying attention."

"It's okay," she wraps her arms around his neck. "Maybe we can just get you some tutoring."

He laughs without humor, "So now you trying to call me stupid?"

"No," she frowns slightly. "I'm just saying that if you're getting an E on your exams, then you should go to tutoring."

"Look, I don't need your help or any lazy teachers help to get an A on a test Arianna," he suddenly snaps.

Arianna sigh heavily, "I was only trying to help."

"Well you can stop," he shoots back.

The bell rings and Arianna mentally sighs in relief. She's in no mood to argue with him again.

"I gotta get to class," he reaches her books to her and steals a quick kiss. "See you after school?"

"Sure," she smiles, before he unlocks the door and heads on to his next class.

Arianna stands there for a moment, contemplating what just happened. Had she forgiven him too easily? She feels complete sympathy for him in regards to his aunt's situation. Still, the fact that he hit her still bothers her deeply. Then again, she did hit him first. So, technically, she was in the wrong. Shaking her head, Arianna leaves out the closet to get her books, before heading off to her own class. All the while, she can't help the bad feeling in the pit of her stomach that forgiving Kendall was a mistake.

 

A mistake she would soon enough regret.

End Notes:

So yeah, let me just say Aria is an idiot. But, she's.....Aria.

Oh, and I've given my co-author the log in information so she will be replying to reviews on here sometimes, along with me. I believe she's already replied to a few....

Hope you all aren't too disappointed with this chapter. Next one will return to everyone's favorite pretend couple. I'll give you all a hint though for the next chapter:

Blake Grffin.

READ&&REVIEW

Interviews and Meetings {Part 1} by DramaQueenAmby
Author's Notes:

Please don't kill me. Shit has been rough. No excuse, but that's just the way my life has been. Please accept my deepest apologies. I hope you all enjoy regardless. 

Maya looks around the room that once belonged to her best friend, but now serves as her sewing room. Truth be told, she misses Aria more than she'll admit. Even though she loves both of them dearly, Maya often times prefers Aria over Kaydence. It's not to discredit Kay because Maya considers both women sisters, but she and Arianna have always had a somewhat closer relationship than her and Kaydence.

Maya's thoughts are interrupted by a knocking at the door.

"God Kay," Maya groans. "Why must you always forget your damn key?" Getting up from her desk, Maya reluctantly ventures over to open the door. Unlocking it, she turns right back around to start heading to her room. "Remind me to get another key made so I can place it in the car."

"Well damn," Maya stops dead in her tracks. That is not Kay. "I would've thought you'd think it's too early on in the relationship to be giving out keys and such." Maya spins around to face the one and only Derrick, "But if you insist."

"What do you want Derrick?" She asks, turning back around to go into her sewing room. Derrick, of course, follows her.

"Now Mc-Maya," he quickly decides against using the nickname she loathes when her eyes turn into daggers. "You and I know both know the answer to that."

"Too bad I'm the only one who realizes it's never going to happen," she mutters silently, returning back to her sketch. While starting on the sleeves of the dress she's working on, Maya sees out the corner of her eyes Derrick looking around the room in amazement. Aside from her furniture, any indication of the bedroom belonging to Aria is now gone. Maya has, more or less, transformed the room into a studio.

"You say that now," Derrick says confidently. "But you'll change your mind. They always do."

"They?" Maya questions, lifting up her recently arched eyebrow. "I know you're not putting me in the same category with your little hoes."

Derrick shakes his head, "See. That just goes to show how much you really know me. I don't even fuck with hoes. Too much drama."

"And this is from prior experience right?" Maya questions absentmindedly, focusing most of her attention on her work.

Derrick pauses with his answer, "I was young and dumb."

"Still are if you ask me...." Maya mumbles, shaking her head and turning to Derrick. "Why are you here Derrick? If you're looking for Kay-"

"If I was looking for her, don't you think I would have asked for her by now instead of talking to you?"

"Not necessarily," Maya argues. "Since it seems you enjoy irking the life out of me."

"You like it though," he smiles confidently.

"No," Maya glares. "I tolerate it." She shakes her head, "What the hell do you want Derrick? I'm not gonna ask your annoying ass again."

"Today's my boy Blake's birthday," Derrick grins proudly. "He's having his party at Lure. It's a club down in L.A."

Maya looks at him with a bored expression, "And? What the hell does that have to do with me?"

Derrick rolls his eyes, "I want you to go with me."

"To L.A? For some guy who, I don't even know, birthday party?" Maya asks with complete disbelief. "Hell no. L.A. is what, 6 hours away from here? No thanks."

"Aww come on," Derrick sighs heavily. "It'll be fun. We're gonna fly there. The flight is only like an hour and a half. Since it's Friday, we just figured we'd spend the weekend there and fly back Sunday night."

"1. Who's ‘we'? 2. What makes you think I have the time or most importantly the resources to roll like that? Not all of us have it like that Derrick." Maya, by now, has put down her sketch and is now fully invested in her conversation with Derrick.

"To answer question one: Ricardo, Kay, Colin, Aria, me and hopefully you. And as far as question two," Derricks usually playful tone of voice quickly changes to more a more serious one. "You know I got you ma."

Maya just looks at him for a moment. She doesn't know what to say. She's never had a man offer to do such nice things for her. Sure, Derrick is a lot of things: rude, arrogant, cocky, annoying-the list goes on. Still, she can't help but wonder if maybe she should just give him a chance.

Then she remembers this is Derrick she's talking about.

Rolling her eyes, she resumes her work. "My answer is final Derrick."

Out the corner of the eye, she almost swears she sees a pang of hurt flash in Derrick's brown eyes.

"If you're sure," he rises, sighing heavily. "It would have been a great opportunity for you to get your work out there." He says aloud, hoping it will spark Maya's interest.

It works.

"How?" She questions, seemingly only semi interested. "How will some random dude, who I don't know, what does he do anyway? Another athlete?"

"You really need to get out more Maya," Derrick shakes his head. "Blake Griffin is-"

"Blake Griffin?" Maya drops her pen and turns to look at Derrick with wide eyes. "As in Los Angeles Clippers Blake Griffin?"

"Okay, how is it you know who he is, but you didn't know who I was?"

"Because," Maya shrugs. "You play for the Bulls. Blake, however, plays for my home team."

"I thought you didn't know much about sports," Derrick, all but whines.

"That's Arianna dumbass. Wrong black girl." She glares, moving to put her work away. "Shit. I don't have much time to pack."

"Wait," A smile tugs on his lips. "Does that mean you're going?"

Maya rolls her eyes, "Of course you idiot."

Instead of voicing his thanks, Derrick opts to capturing Maya in a tight embrace. Maya, initially shocked, surprises herself and Derrick when she doesn't immediately push him off. It's only when she feels Derricks hands start to roam down, does she actually push him off.

"Out," she demands, pointing to her bedroom door. When Derrick starts to complain and whine about why "he should stay and help her pack, she starts pushing him out the room, down the hall, and while he's still talking, out the front door. Unbeknownst to the two, they both have small smiles playing on both their lips.

oOoOoOoOo

"I don't want to do this," Aria groans, debating as to whether or not she wants to change shirts or not. She's not too sure if she's dressed appropriate enough.

"That makes two of us," Colin mutters in agreement. Turning to look at Aria, he takes a moment to admire his wife. She's wearing a simple, lime yellow, V-Neck t shirt that stops short just above her belly button, some skinny jeans, and indigo heels. She has on light makeup and her wedding ring with some silver studs is her only accessories. "You look nice," he compliments truthfully.

She flashes him a small smile, "Thanks." She looks over his outfit, "You look nice too." It's true though. Wearing a fitted black t shirt, some expensive looking jeans, his typical snapback and Jordans, Aria can't help but admire how handsome Colin is.

"Oh, I know," Colin replies cockily, only to earn a glare from his wife. He just laughs it off as he watches his wife examine her appearance over and over again in his full size mirror. He finds himself slightly turned on as she shakes her hair numerous times to find a look she is comfort with. He internally groans as he thinks about how the simplest things she does makes him aroused.

"Shit," Aria exclaims rather loudly as Colin realizes she's now holding her pathetic excuse of a phone.

"What?"

"It froze up again," she rolls her eyes and shakes her head. "I swear I hate this phone so damn much. You don't even know."

Colin makes a mental note to see about getting Aria a new phone, preferably an iPhone since he's noticed how much she seems to like his.

"Use mine," he offers, grabbing his phone out his back pocket and reaching it towards her.

Aria bites her lip and looks at him and the phone reluctantly, "But I want to take selfies."

He chuckles amusingly, "I don't care." A beat. "I don't have any pictures of you on my phone anyway."

After about a minute of mental deliberation, Aria takes the phone from him and makes her way over to the mirror. Just as she's about to take a picture, she glances over at her husband. "Hey," He looks up. "Will you take one with me?" He looks at her questioningly, "Please?" She pouts and Colin chuckles.

"You're lucky I actually like your ass," he chides, sauntering over by her.

"Well duh," he playfully glares at her while she simply chuckles amusingly. Placing his arms around her waist from behind, he can't help but roll his eyes when he notices her tilting the phone at a ninety degree angle.

"Why the hell do you do that?" He laughs.

She scrunches her eyebrows together and looks up at him with confusion, "Do what?"

"Hold the phone like that," he quirks an eyebrow.

She opens her mouth as if to say something, but nothing comes out. "I don't know," she admits, baffled by her lack of a reason, rather than his random question.

He laughs and kisses the top of her head, "You're something else Ms. Arianna James."

"Correction," she smirks, turning around to face him. "Mrs. Arianna Kaepernick." Stealing a kiss, she doesn't notice when he sneaks the phone away from her and snaps a flick as the two continue to kiss. It's only when Colin snakes his hand down and gently squeezes Arianna's derrière does she pull back and playfully punch his arm.

"Ass," she shakes her head amusingly.

"I just did," he replies smugly.

"I hate you," she laughs, shaking her head. Looking back at the mirror, she notices he's taking more pictures. Making different faces, she poses for more pictures.

The two continue taking pictures, occasionally changing expressions and stances. Unbeknownst to both of them, Jennifer walks in and just quietly observes the couple. Smiling softly, she feels her heart warm. She can see the connection growing between the two minute by the minute.

"I hate to intrude," she clears her throat and smiles amusingly as the couple turns around, both showing vastly different facial expressions.

"Then don't," Colin mutters bitterly.

Smacking him on the bicep, a blushing Arianna attempts to move out of his embrace, only to realize he has no intent on letting her free. Pouting, she crosses her arms and simply relaxes into his hold.

"Too bad superstar," Jennifer sasses back, walking over and sitting down at Colin's desk. "We have to go over a few last minute things before this interview."

Colin rolls his eyes, "Can't I just fill Ari in on the way?"

"No," Jennifer shoots back rather quickly. Today is the day Colin and Arianna publicly comment/confirm their romance and subsequent "marriage" via an interview with E News. "Now, I've arranged for Terrence J to conduct the interview because I know you've crossed paths with him once or twice Colin," she looks at the athlete who nods in confirmation. "And Arianna, I remembering you mentioning you were a fan?"

"Yes mam, that was bae back in middle school," she laughs, only to have Colin look down and glare at her. "What? I said middle school." The glaring continues, "Oh come on, like you didn't have a thing for Rocsi!" Colin opens his mouth, but quickly closes it. "That's what I thought." She smirks in victory.

"Anyway," Jennifer says rather loudly. "Arianna, these interviewers can be sneaky at times. They'll ask you a question that was originally off limits, you decline to answer, they'll ask it again, just worded differently. Not only that, but you absolutely must be cautious of your facial expressions, body language, tone of voice, etc. These things are crucial. They can make or break an interview. If you want the public to believe this story, you must make them believe it.-"

"Umm," Arianna interrupts. "I don't mean to cut you off, but with all due respect Jennifer, you do realize I'm a performance art major right? Poker faces are my specialty. I live for acting, which is all this really is to be honest."

"Well not all of it," Colin interjects.

"The point is," Arianna stresses the ‘is', indicating her annoyance with being cut off. "I got this. We," she motions to Colin. "-got this."

oOoOoOoOo

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes, you were!"

"Goddamnit Colin, no I wasn't!"

"Yes you were Arianna!"

"You're impossible Colin, you know that?!"

"And you're in denial and stubborn as hell, you know that?!" Colin mocks, rolling his eyes.

Pouting and crossing her arms in true Arianna fashion, the pint-sized woman walks over from her place by his bedroom door and plants herself on top of Colin's bed. More specifically, on top of his suitcase, which is on top of his bed.

The couple's interview couldn't have went any better. The questions were relatively simple, easy, and relevant. The two, unintentionally, managed to flirt with each other throughout majority of the interview. The problem, however, occurred during the car ride on the way home. Colin had made the dire mistake of commenting on how Arianna seemed rather friendly with Terrence and would sneak subtle glances at him every so often. Was there any truth to that? Somewhat. Was it intentional though on Arianna's part? Absolutely not. Was it completely innocent? Hell yes. However, Aria's stubbornness combined with Colin's jealousy created their current disaster.

"What are you doing?" Colin questions, clothes in hand, as he walks out of his closet.

"I'm not speaking to you," she replies indignantly.

"Real mature Arianna," he comments dryly.

Arianna scoffs, "You're one to talk."

"And what's that supposed to mean?"

Aria turns to look at him and cuts her eyes, "It means that it's your immaturity and baseless jealousy is the reason for me not talking to you."

"My immaturity? My immaturity?" Colin questions in complete shock. "You're the one sitting on top my suitcase with your mouth poked out like a toddler throwing a temper tantrum, but I'm the one being immature?" A beat. "And I am not jealous."

"The hell you're not," Aria rebuffs, turning her head. "And I-what the hell?!" She suddenly stops mid-sentence and screams out the latter, when her eyes land on something in the corner of the room.

"What's wrong?" Colin questions, any trace of annoyance or frustration gone and now replaced with pure worry and concern.

"It's-it's-it's-" Aria stammers, speaking in a high pitch. "Oh my God it moved!" She shrieks and crawls off the suitcase, moves toward the head of the bed, before standing up.

"What moved?!"

"That!" Aria screams, almost hysterical as she points towards the floor by Colin's bedroom door.

Looking in the direction that Aria is pointing in, Colin has to squint his eyes for a moment to locate the problem. Throwing his clothes toward his desk, Colin turns to look at his terrified wife, "Seriously Aria?"

"Don't turn away from it! That'll give it a chance to run!"

"It's a spider Arianna," Colin states blankly.

"So?! Spiders have brains too! They're deceptive little motherfuckers," she nods vehemently. "Now would you please kill it before it attacks me?!"

"It's a goddamn spider Arianna!" Colin shouts, somewhat wondering how someone with a mouth like hers could be so scared of a tiny insect. "What the hell is it gonna do? Web you to death?!"

"Maybe!" Aria whines, on the verge of tears.

"Oh for the love of God," Colin shakes his head at the ridiculousness of his wife. Cautiously walking over, he hesitates only for a second before squashing the dime-sized insect. Turning around and walking back over by his bed, he looks at Aria and tries his damn hardest not to bend over in laughter.

"Is it dead?" She whispers quietly, as if talking too loud will revive it.

"Yes Arianna, it's dead," he confirms, before letting his eyes travel behind her, up on the ceiling. "Yo what the fuck is that!?" He screams.

Arianna filled with terror, shrieks loud enough for the neighbors to hear, and jumps into Colin. Using his impressive and instant reflexes, gets a firm grasp on his petite wife as she buries her head into his chest.

"I hate bugs," she cries. "Los odio de mierda."

"Aria," Colin manages to get out while suppressing his laughter. "Baby, I was just messing with you." She peers up at him, "There's nothing there."

Cautiously, she looks over at the corner of the ceiling and upon further inspection, she realizes he's right.

"You fucking asshole you!" She shouts, beating on his chest as she wiggles out of his grasp. Releasing her, Colin finally releases the laughter he's been suppressing for the longest. "You're such a fucking jerk! What kind of person plays that kind of vile mind game with people?!" She yells, as she marches out of the room. Even as she walks to her own room, Colin can still hear his enraged continuing to rant.

"Don't forget babe, the flight leaves in 3 hours," he manages to get out through his uncontrollable laughter.

"FUCK YOU!"

 

He laughs even harder.

End Notes:

I know it's not as good as previous ones, but I'm trying to get back into my groove. 

Oh, and even though I don't care to elaborate on it, I feel you all should know. I no longer have a co-author. She and I are no longer friends, let alone best friends and therefore from here on out, this story is a single person effort. She gave me many ideas and when I implement them I will give her credit, but that's about it. It's still a very sore subject because this person and I had been friends since we were little kids, but alas, life goes on. 

 

Next chapter is when things are really gonna start picking up. I hope you all are ready....

 

Reviews make my day :)

 

And they also will be like early bday presents to me (Jan 16th). :D

 

God Bless,

Amber

Interviews and Meetings {Part} by DramaQueenAmby

"Ready to join the mile high club chica?"

Rolling her eyes at her promiscuous roommate, Maya continues scrolling through the current issue of People magazine in her hands.

"Must everything you do revolve around sex Kay?" Arianna groans, playing 2048 on her phone.

"Not everything," Kay sighs, admiring her freshly manicured nails. "Just majority of it."

"Ladies," Derrick says casually before sitting down next to a now annoyed looking Maya.

"Derrick, does the term ‘personal space' mean absolutely nothing to you?" she complains, sending him an icy look.

"Oh please," Kay smirks. "Like you wouldn't mind having him invade your personal space."

"I'm sorry," Maya exclaims, closing up the magazine. "But I don't seem to recall anyone asking for your two cents to begin with."

"Why are you over here anyway Derrick?" Arianna questions.

He shrugs, "Got tired of listening to R and C talking about shit that doesn't concern me." He answers referring to the two 49ers players that were currently on a conference call with their coach. On the way to the airport is when Colin first received the call. Of course, he got off the phone, as they had to go through checking in and airport security. But, as soon as they entered into the upscale American Airlines Flagship Lounge, he was back on the phone. Maya and Derrick were the first two to arrive at the airport, so Arianna naturally went and sat by her best friend, giving Colin his space to handle his business. Derrick, figuring his friend would be done soon enough, sat by Colin. Ricardo and Kaydence arrived shortly after, Ricardo quickly ringed in on the call and joined his teammate, and friend, while Kaydence sat by the girls. However, the players had been on the phone for almost half an hour and even though she was still a little irritated by his joke earlier, Aria wanted to sit by her husband.

Even more now since it seemed like a fight was about to commence by the three sitting by her.

"I'm gonna go get a drink," Arianna sighs, not even waiting for the others to reply as she stands up, purse on her arm. Walking over to the bar, she requested a sprite, paid for the beverage before deciding to just wait for Colin to get off the phone. Sitting down in the empty seat next to him, she offered him a small smile when he glanced at her before plugging in her ear buds.

Not soon after, Aria managed to drift off into a light sleep, before being awaken by Colin.

"You done yet?" She yawns, arms extended upward as she notices Ricardo is now sitting by Kaydence.

"Yeah, sorry about that," he apologizes.

Pulling out her ear buds, she shrugs, "it's fine." Pulling her knees up to her chest, she turns her body towards Colin, as she rests her head on the headrest of the seat. "How long is this flight by the way?"

"About an hour and a half," he answers almost immediately. He notices her eyes widen slightly, "What? That's not that long Ari."

She bites her lip, "I've never flown before."

"It's not that bad at all," he tries to convince her.

"Not to you, don't you like fly all the time though?"

"Yes, and each time has been fine."

"So you say," she mutters.

"I'm still alive aren't I?" he smirks.

"By the grace of God," she smirks back.

"And the safety of flights."

"Still falls under the umbrella of God's grace," she sasses back.

"So you acknowledge that God's grace has kept me safe on all of my flights thus far?"

"Well, yes."

"Then He'll also keep you safe as well."

"I'm not you though."

"Doesn't matter," he shrugs. "Biblically speaking, aren't we all equal in God's eyes? I mean, no sin is worse than another is. We're all the same. We all fall short."

"Since when did you become a Bible scholar?" Arianna smiles deeply.

Colin laughs, "Church was big in my family. My faith has gotten me through some of the hardest things I've ever had to endure. It keeps me going. Plus, God has been way too good to me."

Arianna bites her lip and smiles softly, "I like that about us."

Colin furrows his eyebrows, "What?"

"Just this morning we were all lovey dovey, then shit got blown out of proportion, which I will admit, I also played my role in too. Can't deny that," she confesses, referring to their earlier argument over Terrence. "Then, on the way here I was still a little annoyed because of the bug incident-"

"That was funny and you know it," Colin cuts in, laughing a little.

"Yes and no," Arianna playfully rolls her eyes. "But then I did a whole 360 and got upset with you for being on the phone because I wanted your attention, and..." she trails off not really knowing how to word her feelings. "Do you get where I'm going?"

"Yeah, I do." Colin nods his head. "Our relationship is more fucked up than Bobby and Whitney and Ike and Tina's put together."

"Oh my gosh," Aria gasps, covering her mouth to hold in her laughter. "Forever done with you," she stands up pretending as if she's gonna walk away. Of course, Colin has no intention of letting her leave his side (or sight for that matter) so he quickly grabs her and pulls her down on his lap. "You are a horrible ass person," she shakes her head, moving her legs up by her chest, turning sideways.

"You know I'm just messing with you," he kisses the top of her head. "But, no, I get what you're saying. We go well together."

"We balance each other out," Aria says quietly, looking up at him quizzically. "You wanna know what else I think though?" He nods, tucking a string of hair behind her ear. "I-" she chuckles quietly. "I need you. In my life," she admits. "And in some weird, fucked up way, I think you need me too."

And, of course, true to his naturally awful timing, Derrick decides to ruin the couple's tender moment.

"Yo, Prince Charming and Cinderella," he calls over to the two. "Ya'll do realize it's time to board right?" He gestures to the rest of the group who are already heading out.

"One of these days," Arianna protests, reluctantly getting up. "I'm gonna kick your ass Derrick."

"Yeah yeah," the MVP waves off her threat. "Ya'll coming or what?"

Aria opens her mouth to answer yes, but Colin beats her to it.

"Yeah, just give us a minute."

"Don't take too long," Derrick grunts, heading out with the others.

"He's so annoying," Aria laughs nervously.

"You're right," Colin finally responds. Slowly looking up at him, she feels a shiver go down her spine as their eyes meet and lock with such intensity. "I do need you."

OoOoOoOoOoOo

"Aria?"

"Hmm?"

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Of course, what makes you ask?"

"Well, we should be getting ready to take off soon," he ceases, for a moment as Aria seems to move further back into him. "And you're still on my lap."

"So?" Aria replies casually, continuing her scroll through her Tumblr dashboard.

Colin shakes his head as he realizes his wife is simply trying to downplay her nerves. Not that he minds having her in such close proximity....

"There's a reason why they put seats in planes babe," Colin chuckles.

Groaning, Aria reluctantly gets up and flops down in her seat adjacent to Colin. "Happy?"

Rolling his eyes, Colin pulls his phone out and presumes to let the iPhone 6 consumer his time.

Huffing, Aria buckles her seatbelt before resuming going through her dashboard. She'd be lying her ass off if she even tried to deny that her feelings for Colin seem to be growing stronger by the minute. He was everything a woman could ask for: kind, attractive, wealthy, etc. The list went on. But that wasn't the main thing bothering Arianna. No, the real thing that was bothering her, aside from her dire fear of flying for the first time, was her seemingly excessive neediness. More specifically, her neediness for Colin. After all, Arianna has never been one to depend on anyone, let alone a man, for anything in her life. She's used to trying to handle things on her own. Colin has become an exception though. Lately, she seems to find herself wanting, needing him more. Even if it's just being in his presence, she craves it. She craves him. Hearing him call her name, she barely turns her head to look at him.

She squints her eyes when she notices he has his phone pointed toward her. "What are you doing?" He ignores her question, and instead tries to contain an amused smile. Using his fingers, Colin quickly types something, letting the phone down a little before resuming to his previous position. Laughing, Arianna turns her body as much as she can to face him. "Are you taking a picture?" He shakes his head no. "Then what are you..." she trails off as she remembers he has a Snapchat. A public Snapchat. "No!" She whines, turning away from him. "You better not be putting me on Snapchat!"

"Too late babe," Colin laughs.

"Is it at least going to somebody and NOT your story?" she whines.

Silence

"I hate you."

OoOoOoOoOoOo

"Land!" Arianna yells, practically dragging Colin by his arm as the two exit the plane.

"Never again," Ricardo, Derrick, Kaydence, and Maya mutter simultaneously.

Colin rolls his eyes, "Come on guys, she wasn't that bad."

"She cussed me out in Spanish and I don't even speak Spanish!"

"She told me to go to hell when I asked her if she was okay."

"She called me overrated."

"She told the people sitting near us that we were all gonna die when we "crashed" aka hit that turbulence!"

"I can hear you guys you know!" Arianna huffs, crossing her arms.

"Good, cause we heard your big ass mouth the whole flight." Maya mutters, loud enough though so her best friend can hear.

"You know what Maya-"

"Come on," Colin rolls his eyes as he drags his wife to avoid what would turn into a pointless argument.

It takes almost two hours for the six to leave the airport. This time includes the time the guys took out to take pictures with and sigh autographs for fans they encountered. Reservations were previously made for three "rooms" (Royal Suites) at the elite Four Seasons hotel in Beverly Hills. However, no one had failed to mention, or Kaydence failed to mention that she would be sharing a room with Ricardo. Meaning...

"Come on Maya," Aria tries to reason with her former roommate as the three woman enter the elevator. "It won't be that bad."

"Yeah," Kay chimes. "I mean the room has two beds so it's not like you have to sleep with the man."

Maya rolls her eyes, "do we have to wait for them?" she gestures to the guys who are currently headed for the elevator.

"They have the keys girl. Plus, it's not like we know where the rooms are anyway," Arianna yawns. "And considering they're paying for everything, the least you can do is be nice to them."

"Derrick offered-"

"You didn't have to accept though," Kay pipes in, admiring her freshly manicured nails.

"You guys can never be on my side," Maya grunts, crossing her arms.

The three pairings are all roomed on the same floor, each being a couple doors down from each other. Kaydence and Riccardo are quick to speed off to their room with Maya, unsuccessfully, trying to convince Arianna to room with her so she wouldn't be stuck with Derrick. When she finally realized she was stuck with Derrick for the next few days, she huffed loudly and marched over to her room with an ecstatic Derrick in tow.

Upon entering their own suite, Aria takes a moment to marvel at the beauty of it all. Colin helps the bellhop unload their luggage before giving the employee a tip and closing the door.

"It's almost nostalgic huh?" Arianna comments, pulling her hair up into a messy bun.

"What you mean?" Colin chuckles, heading over into one of the bedrooms.

Arianna follows suit.

"This is where it all started," she bites her lip. "Well, I mean, not this exact place, but a hotel."

"Technically," he yawns, removing his watch from his wrist and placing it on the nightstand. "It started at a club."

"Details," Aria laughs, waving him off. "You tired?"

He shrugs, "A little."

"Same," she nods. "I'm gonna try and take a quick nap before it's time to get ready." She looks over at the clock, noting its time of 3:15. The party doesn't start until 8:00. "You should do the same."

Colin nods, pulling off his sweatshirt and sliding off his kicks. His eyebrows scrunch in confusion when he notices Aria copying his action, leaving her in a tight camisole and even tighter yoga pants. The oversized hoodie she wore on the flight had shielded her shapely figure. Of course, it's not like he hasn't seen her physique before, but being a man, the effect it has on him never changes. He watches intently as she leans over and places her phone on the nightstand before laying out on the bed, curling up into a fetal position with her back toward him.

Colin, realizing she has clearly made this her room, heads for the door to go to his own room now.

"Where are you going?"

He stops, turns around, and looks at her questioningly. "My room?"

Rolling her eyes, Aria reluctantly sits up to face him. "This is your room Colin. You seriously think I would have laid here if I wasn't comfortable with being in the same bed with you?"

"I just figured since we usually don't..." He trails off, referring to the fact that back home they have separate bedrooms and therefore don't share a bed.

"I told you I'd try Colin..." Aria speaks softly, crossing her arms as she starts to squirm nervously. "This is me trying. It's just a nap. Not the whole night," she attempts to lighten the situation with a small laugh.

It works.

He laughs, "If you're sure."

"I am," she affirms. "Now get your ass in this bed superstar before I change my mind."

Following her command, Colin saunters over to the bed, and lays down on his back.

"I should warn you though," Aria smirks. "I sleep pretty wild."

Colin rolls his eyes and darts them in her direction, "You're 5"2 Ari, I'm 6"5. I think I can handle it."

"Okay," Arianna shakes her head, still smirking. "Don't say I didn't warn you though," she yawns, returning to her previous position.

OoOoOoOoOoOo

"How the hell can someone so small cause so much damage?" Colin mutters, moving his arms around, trying to ease the discomfort emanating from his back.

Arianna giggles, "I tried to tell you."

"Yeah yeah," he conceded, watching as she ran the flat iron through her hair a few more times before shutting it off. "Why'd you dye it?" He questions, gently grabbing a few strings and running his fingers through it.

"I needed a change," she answers truthfully. "I'm thinking about dying it back though."

"Really?"

"Yeah," she replies, rummaging through her makeup bag. "Shouldn't you be getting ready?"

"I'm not the one who takes forever to get ready babe."

"Haha, very funny," she comments dryly. Putting her iPod on shuffle, she softly sings along to the first song, "Creep." Realizing she's gonna be awhile, Colin leaves her to finish getting ready while thinking about his own outfit.

Fast forward to forty-five minutes later, a dressed and ready-t0-go Colin taps his foot while waiting for Aria to come out the room.

"Babe come on," he attempts to persuade. "I'm sure you look fine."

"No, I don't," she denies. "I mean, the outfit is perfect...just not on me. I should just stay-"

"Damnit Aria, don't make me come in there and drag your little ass out."

"I'm not a child Colin. You can't make me go if I don't want to."

"Fucking come on Arianna," he exasperates, growing tired of her shit. "You didn't fly all the way over here to stay in the damn room this whole time." Silence. "Please Ari."

He hears her sigh, "You promise not to laugh?"

He silently thanks God, "Of course."

"Fine," she groans and takes a deep breath before hitting the lights, opening the door and exiting out. Nervously twiddling with her hair, she does a quick spin, looking over her shoulder. "My thighs look huge-"

"Aria-"

"Don't get me started on my stomach," she shakes her head trying to pull the top down to cover as much of her midriff as possible.

"Aria-"

"And let's not even get to my ass," she groans, walking over by him, pulling her hair to one side. "It looks b-"

"Arianna!" she shrieks back slightly, before finally looking up at him. When she does, she immediately feels chills travel down her spine. His eyes hold nothing but lust. Pure lust.

"Never mind," she murmurs. Blushing, she looks down and then back up at him, batting her long eyelashes. "Usted buen papi?" She bites her lip, concealing an amused grin.

Colin allows his eyes to roam down his, in his opinion, sexy wife multiple times. He doesn't know whether they're tights or leggings or just tight ass pants, but the black and gold, high waisted bottoms gracing her lower body leave little to the imagination. The matching gold and black, long sleeve top covers up almost everything but clings to her like a second skin. To be honest, he doesn't understand why she was so hesitant to come out. The only skin showing is a small portion of her midsection that reveals her smooth, caramel, skin tone. He doesn't even bother looking at her shoes. Truth be told, if she wasn't so reserved as far sex, he'd say fuck the party and spend the rest of the evening giving her a different reason to call him papi.

Gritting his teeth, he shuts his eyes as he attempts to get his hormones under control. "You're so damn lucky I have morals," he shakes his head.

Smirking, she walks past him, purposely switching her hips. Colin takes the opportunity to slap her ass, despite her vicious glare right after. He simply laughs and shuts the door behind them.

 OoOoOoOoOoOo

As soon as the six enter the club, they're met with the massive crowd, flashing lights, and blaring music that happened to be playing one of the girls favorite songs. It doesn't slip by Colin when Arianna grabs his arm, moving closer to him as she observes the unknown environment.

"Shittt," Kay screams, starting to twirl her hips to the catchy beat of Juicy J's ‘Low.' "Ya'll know that's my damn song though, right?!"

"They do now," Maya laughs, much to Derrick's pleasure. She's been rather direct with him during the trip so far and any chance he gets to see her smile, even if it isn't because of him, he cherishes.

"Yo, there's Blake," Ricardo points out.

"Let's roll then," Derrick exclaims, as the six head over to the VIP section.

Colin slows his pace though when he feels Arianna's grip on his arm tighten, indicating her growing apprehension.

"You good?" He queries, looking down at her, trying to figure out just how nervous she really is.

"Yeah," she sighs, offering a small smile. "I just don't like large crowds....that's all. Hence my whole, not being a clubber," she laughs, then waves his concern off. "Don't worry though. I'll be fine." He still looks doubtful so Aria decides to lighten the mood. "You however....just try not to get drunk this time." She hints at their initial meeting and subsequent cause of their marriage. "Polygamy may be more common these days but it still isn't legal."

"I don't think that'll be a problem," Colin laughs. "I have a feeling wifey isn't too keen on sharing."

"Damn straight," Arianna huffs, full on attitude in her voice.

Colin chuckles and proceeds to lead them over to where Blake is.

Upon entering the VIP section, several things are painfully obvious to Colin and Aria: Blake and Maya clearly seems to be hitting it off, Derrick is clearly pissed off and annoyed, Kaydence is nowhere around, and Ricardo is equally annoyed/pissed as Derrick.

A smiling Blake lets his eyes drift away from the 5"9 beauty in front of him when he notices his friend.

"Colin," the Clippers forward greets his friend, who wishes him a happy birthday. "Thanks man. Glad you could make it."

"Wouldn't miss it," Colin grabs Arianna by her waist and pulls her into him. "Blake this is-"

"Arianna," Blake answers for him. He laughs at the questioning look on the couple's face. "Derrick."

"Of course," Colin mutters.

"Nice to meet you Arianna," Blake greets, extending his hand out.

"Same," she smiles.

"So are you a fan or..." Blake teases, unknowingly somewhat annoying Colin.

"Nawww," she smirks, laying her head on Colin's chest. "I'm more of a football fan."

"Translation," Maya chimes in, coming to stand next to Blake. "She's a fan of whatever her bae is a part of."

"As she should be," Colin scoffs. "I see you've met Arianna's friend Maya."

"I have," Blake says lowly, looking down longingly at the attractive woman at his side. "Can I get you a drink?"

"No thanks, I'm good," she declines respectfully. "But, you can," she grabs his arm and gestures over to the dance floor, "dance with me."

"Was that a request or a demand?"

"You're the big man of the hour," Maya flirts. "Whatever you want Mr. Griffin."

"Oh for the love of Christ," Derrick rolls his eyes and downs another shot of Vodka. Arianna suppresses a smile when she sees him mimic Maya's words to Blake.

"Well, I've never been one to turn down a pretty lady." Blake replies as the two head out to dance.

"You good Derrick?" Colin asks, noticing his pissed off and almost drunk friend.

"Never fucking better," the point guard replies sarcastically.

Arianna notices Colin looking around, clearly seeing people he knows. She wants to wait to see if he'll drag her to go introduce her, but doesn't want to seem too clingy.

"You can go if you want," she tells him, trying to convince herself she'll be fine by herself. "I'll just hang here with Derrick."

"You sure?"

Arianna has to hold back her tongue. That's not what she wanted to hear. She wanted to hear him ignore her offer and take her along with him. Yes, she's been vocal in the past about not being comfortable around people she doesn't know, but that doesn't give him the right to not at least try.

Of course, she plays it off effortlessly.

"Yeah, go on. Have fun," she flashes him a deep, dimpled smile. "You know where to find me."

"Alright," he sneaks in a quick kiss. "Make sure you watch her,"  he directs Derrick who simply flashes a weak thumbs up....as he orders yet another shot.

Laughing, Colin takes one final glance at his wife before heading off into the crowd.

OoOoOoOoOoOo

When they first arrived at the club, things were pretty damn good for the group. About fifteen minutes in, things started going downhill. Now, almost two hours in, shit has officially hit the ceiling. Maya and Blake are seriously hitting it off. They have serious chemistry. Derrick, who was beyond drunk, met a "model" named Diamond who, although not as pretty as Maya, seemed to help him get his mind off her. So, foolishly, he soon left the club with the, unbeknownst to him, thot. Colin, not realizing just how pissed off Aria is with him, has not returned once to check on her. Actually, he was on his way, but noticed she seemed to be in a deep conversation with his friend, Ricardo. It wasn't the fact that they were sitting rather close, or that Aria seemed to be laughing a lot or even the way he saw his friend look at her, no-it was when he saw the two dancing that his temper flared. She was his wife, not Ricardo's. Granted, it was a faux marriage, the two were still very much an item. Needless to say, after that, Colin was done. Little did he know though, Arianna was purposely acting so friendly with Ricardo as a rather immature and petty way to get back at Colin for ditching her.

Now, on to Kaydence.

True to her character, she met a guy, got drunk and was on the way out of the club to go back to his place. Truth be told, she didn't even know his name. All she saw were nice biceps, pearly whites and potential fuck buddy. She needed to get some. She and Ricardo hadn't gone all the way since the night at the beach. They only took turns giving each other head which got boring to Kay after a while. She needed the whole nine yards.

But, strangely, as she was heading to John Doe's car, she started getting a really bad feeling in the back of her mind. This guy was bad news and while she was drunk; she wasn't stupid. Casually, she tried telling the stranger that she had changed her mind and wanted to stay at the club.

He wasn't trying to hear that.

Foolishly, he tried to drag the Italian and Latina woman to his car. Big mistake. Kay was able to free herself from his grasp by elbowing him in his side. Wasting no time, she used her five-inch stiletto heel and jammed it in his foot before kneeing him in the crotch.

She "ran" as fast as she could in her heels, and up the street. Of course, it would make more sense to go back in the club and find her friends, but she was, after all, intoxicated. So, she slowed her pace when she felt she was safe and out of harms way. She passed up several stores, restaurants, and even a few clubs before a place, or rather...a person, caught her eye. Walking in s small coffee shop, which was horribly named, "The Coffee Shop," Kaydence approached the attractive employee who was standing behind the counter reading a book. She didn't bother to see what book it was.

"Hi," she smiled flirtatiously.

The employee looked up and Kay gasped. His eyes were the most gorgeous shade of blue she has ever seen. Even more, they were a deep contrast against his light tan skin complexion, which Kay had guessed to be from a mixed ethnic background.

Snapping out of her trance, she realized pretty eyes didn't seem as intrigued by her as she was him...

"Hello," he replied blankly, before returning his eyes back to his book.

Her smile dropped slightly, "I'm Kaydence. Kaydence Miller."

He sighed, "Welcome to The Coffee House."

"Pretty lame name wouldn't you say?" she laughed, leaning on the counter, giving him (if he was even looking at her) a nice view of her ample chest.

"I just work here miss," he answers. "If you have a problem with the name, I'd take that up with the owner."

Kay frowns, "I was just messing with you...I wasn't-"

"Would you like to use the phone?" He cuts her off, finally looking up at her again.

"Excuse me?"

"Would.You.Like.To.Use.The.Phone.?" He enunciates each world clearly and loudly.

"No.I.Would.Not." She barks back. "Why would you even ask me that? Moreover, what the hell is your problem?"

He closes his book and throws it on the counter, "You really wanna know?"

"No, I was just fucking with you," she rolls her eyes. "Of course I want to know."

"Every night. Every single fucking night." He starts, crossing his arms. "I get at least one of you. A girl who's had too much to drink or gets abandoned by her boyfriend and comes in here drunk as fuck, making a complete fool of herself, using her body or ‘good looks'," he uses quotation marks. "To get with me. Not once do they even ponder the fact that maybe, just maybe, not all guys like that shit. Not all guys have a thing for thots. I sure as hell don't. And you've got to be the worse I've seen yet because under all that makeup you have on, it's clear that you're fucking beautiful, but you present yourself in a way that makes you no better than the rest." Finishing his monologue, pretty eyes shakes his head and grabs a rag before heading to wipe off tables.

Kay is left speechless. She has to stand there for a good five minutes before saying something.

"You...you.." she struggles to get it out, partially because she's drunk as hell and the other being she's still in shock. It's been a long time before she'd had a guy tell her she's beautiful and actually mean it with no ulterior motives. "You really think I'm beautiful?"

He pauses cleaning for a moment, "It shouldn't matter what I think. What matters is what you think of yourself."

"I don't even know what I think right now," Kay laughs bitterly, stumbling over to a table before plopping down in the chair. "Oh, but just for your information asshole, I am a full time college student, I work two jobs, none of which involve taking my clothes off or spreading my legs. I drink because I fucking can and I fuck whoever I damn well please because last I checked, it's my fucking vagina and can therefore do whatever the fuck I want with her."

Sighing, Pretty Eyes makes his way over by her and sits in the chair opposite of her.

"Xavier."

She lifts her head from the table, "Excuse me?"

"My name is Xavier," he offers. "Look, I get off in like an hour, and I can give you a ride if don't have one."

"I have one," she slurs, fighting her sleepiness. "I just don't think I have it in me to make the call." She pulls her phone and manages to unlock it before almost nodding off to sleep.

Shaking his head, he reaches out for her phone and grabs it. "Who should I call?"

"Aria...." She trails off, before letting her head fall on the table. She lost the fight.

 

Xavier goes under the unconscious woman's call list before seeing a contact with the name "Aria." Taking a glance at the passed out woman, he cracks a small smile. She's certainly a work in progress, but he must admit, he has a feeling Kaydence Miller will become an important figure in his life.

End Notes:

Not a fan of this one but.....it's really long! Hehe Review and let me know what you think! 

XoXoAmbyXoXo

The Morning After by DramaQueenAmby

Arianna's POV

I can't remember the last time I had a good night rest. Last night was no different. If anything, last night had to be one of my worse nights to date. Obviously, getting a call from Kaydence number, but it not being Kay on the other line, was a little startling. But, as soon as Xavier explained the situation, I was almost instantly calmed. Typical Kay. Always getting herself in these situations. After getting Xavier to text me the address of where they were, I told Ricardo what was going on, and even though he was beyond pissed with Kay, he agreed to take me.

I was able to track down Maya, who was still hanging with Blake, and she agreed to come with me. She didn't know that, at some point, Derrick had left the club. She was pissed off. And, of course, me and my big mouth had to tell her that he left with some girl. That pissed her off even more. I don't know how, especially since I had spent the majority of the evening with him, but I was able to convince Ricardo I let Colin know what was up and that I/we were leaving. I didn't though. I was still pissed and didn't feel like speaking to him. Hell, I still am pissed.

"He was here," Maya's soft voice breaks me out of my thoughts.

I scrunch my eyebrows, "How do you know?"

She gestures over to the kitchen, "There was a mug in the sink when I first woke up," she takes a sip of her coffee. "It wasn't there when we got back last night."

Not really knowing what to say, I simply nod my head and take another bite of my French Toast.

Since Derrick was MIA, Ricardo didn't want to be bothered with Kay, and I didn't want to be in the room alone or with Colin when he got back, I decided to spend the night in Derrick and Maya's suite. Obviously, we kept Kay with us too. After all, we're used to taking care of her after her wild nights.

"Turn the goddamn lights off," the two of us turn to look at a hungover Kay as she exits the bathroom.

"They are off Kay," Maya sighs, placing her now empty mug on the coffee table.

Kay releases a loud groan/moan as she makes her way to the kitchen and takes the Advil we have waiting for her on the counter. Grabbing her tray of breakfast that Maya ordered for all of us, she shuffles over by us and plops down on the sofa next to me.

She starts picking with her food, and darts her eyes to both of us, "how bad was I?"

"Well," I start. "Somehow you ended up in some little coffee shop with an extremely attractive guy named Xavier."

"Mmm," Kay smiles. "He's yummy."

Maya rolls her eyes, "You wanna explain how you ended up there in the first place?"

"Met this guy at the club. Was gonna go home with him. Changed my mind. He didn't like that. So the dumbass tried to drag me or some shit-"

"Did you kill him?" I cut her off, knowing how her temper can get sometime.

"Naww," she waves me off. "Just gave him an instant vasectomy." She and Maya chuckle, "Anyway, I don't know why, but I decided to run up the street-"

"Instead of going back in the club?"

"I was drunk Maya. You know I make stupid choices when I'm drunk."

"Touche."

"Anyway," she continues, picking off a piece of her toast. "I ended up in the coffee shop after I spotted Xavier working-"

"Of course," I mutter. She glares. "Sorry, continue."

"I remember going inside and him being bitchy with me..." she trails off. "Everything after that is kind of a blur to be honest." She shrugs. "How'd you guys find me anyway?"

"Xavier called me. I told Ricardo-"

"Shitttt," she groans, gently slapping her forehead. "He's probably so pissed off with me right now."

"Why do you think you're in my suite?" Maya murmurs, flipping through the stations. "Oooh! Our movies on." It's The Best Man Holiday.

Kaydence looks around, "Where is Derrick anyway?"

Maya's jaw clenches, "Beats me. He was here at some point though." A beat. "Probably left to go be with his hoe."

"What?"

"He left the club last night with some chick," I inform Kay.

"Oh," she says plainly. "Why you mad though chica? You was all up on Blake anyway."

"I was not," she scoffs. Kay and I give her the ‘really bitch?' look. "Okay, maybe I was, but it wasn't like that."

"Could have fooled me," I murmur, yawing and stretching. "Ya'll looked like you were really vibing."

"We were," she confesses. "For like the first twenty minutes..."

"And then?" Kay presses on.

"I don't know," Maya whines. "He doesn't.....he doesn't challenge me ya know?"

"But Derrick does though right?" Kay smirks.

"I didn't say that," Maya glares.

"For fucks sake Maya," Kay groans, frustration evident in her voice. "When are you gonna get that stick from up your ass and just admit you like him? I mean, how long do you think he's gonna put up with your shit? Stop using the man-"

"Hold the fuck up," Maya cuts her off sharply. "I'm not using anybody and to be quite frank with you, you're the last person who should be talking about using people."

Kay arches an eyebrow, "Oh? And what's that suppose to mean?"

"You only came on this trip because you saw an easy opportunity to get it in with celebrities knowing damn well Ricardo really likes your trifling ass. And what do you do to thank him? Fucking leave with some other nigga without even giving poor Ricardo a second thought!"

I close my eyes and try to mentally prepare myself for the fight that's about to go down.

Kay scoffs bitterly, "Okay, I'll admit, I fucked up. You happy? For the fifteenth million time, I fucked up. But at least I'm woman enough to own up to my faults unlike you!"

"I own up-"

"Bullshit!" Kay cuts her off. "Yes, I used Ricardo. But, you cannot honestly sit here and tell me that you didn't use the shit out of Derrick. You also saw an opportunity. A way to get your designs out there and make connections and even better, you didn't have to put out a single dime. Derrick pays for everything and how do you thank him? By doing the exact same thing I did. Only difference is you and Derrick aren't fucking but you still knew, or should I say, know he has feelings for you." She shakes her head. "Practice what you preach before you try and call someone out Maya."

"That's enough you guys!" I finally intervene, sensing neither of them are willing to back down. "Y-"

"What are you even doing here Aria?" Kay questions, clearly annoyed with me too now.

"Yeah," Maya adds in as she realizes I haven't given a reason for staying past the time needed to care for Kay. "Shouldn't you be at your own suite being all romantic and shit with Colin?"

"Fuck him," I spit back harshly.

"What the hell? What happened with you two?" Kay queries, still annoyed, but more curious.

"He pissed me off," I answer blankly.

"No shit Sherlock," Maya states sarcastically. "How?"

"He left me alone last night and didn't even come to see about me," I cross my arms, feeling my anger boiling up just thinking about it. "Not once. I didn't know anybody there last night except you guys and you all were doing your own thing, but he didn't care, he left me anyway."

"Oh," Kay grimaces. "That's messed up." She pulls her legs up to her chest, "I saw you were being all buddy buddy with Ricardo though so..."

"I was just doing that to piss Colin off," I wave off whatever she may have been trying to get at.

"Really Aria?" Maya scowls. "That's beyond fucking immature."

"He shouldn't have left her," Kay defends. "I mean, to just up and ditch her is one thing, but after she even mentioned not knowing anybody-"

"I didn't mention that," I quickly correct her.

"Oh," her mouth forms into the ‘O' shape. "Well still, even after she asked him not to leave-"

"I didn't ask him not to leave me either," I butt in. "I actually told him he could leave if he wanted to because I'd be okay with Ricardo."

"Wait a minute," Kay looks beyond puzzled as she turns to face me. "You didn't bring up being uncomfortable because you didn't know anybody else aside from us?"

"Nor did you even ask him to stay?" Maya chimes.

"And even worse-"

"You told him to leave you?" Maya finishes for Kay as they both look at me quizzically.

I hesitate before replying, "Yes."

They both look at each other before falling back into uncontrollable fits of laughter.

What.The.Fuck.

"Wait," Maya manages to get out. "I can't even."

"This is too much," Kay squeals, wiping at her watery eyes.

This annoying ass laughter must go on for a good four minutes before I deicide I've had enough.

"I don't see what's so fucking funny," I sneer.

"Arianna," Maya says, after managing to sit herself up and calm down a little. "You know we love you right?"

"And we would never try to say or do anything to hurt you?" Kay adds.

"Yes..."

"So please don't get butt hurt when we tell you this," Maya looks at Kay. "But, you are the biggest fucking dumbass out of all of us."

My mouth drops, "Ex...excuse me?"

"She's right Ari," Kay supplies. "I mean, listen to yourself. You fucking told him to leave. You didn't voice any of your thoughts which probably would have made him stay-"

"I shouldn't have had to!"

"Right," Maya rolls her eyes. "Because he's totally capable of reading your fucked up mind." A beat. "And knowing you, I'm also assuming you lied when you told Ricardo you let Colin know we were leaving?" I remain silent and avert my eyes to the movie I almost forgot was playing on the TV.

"He probably blew up your phone last night too, huh?" Kay presses. Still, I remain quiet and choose not to tell her about the 10 missed calls and 25 unread texts from him....

"He hasn't tried to contact me at all this morning though..." I offer weakly.

"Cause he's mad!" They both shout at the same time.

Groaning, I grab a nearby pillow and smack it into my face repeatedly. "I'm so fucking stupid."

I really am. What the hell is wrong with me? They're right. I must have been out of my damn mind to think any of this was/is his fault. Hell, I fucking left the door open, lights on, and valuables all out for the robber to come right on in.

"We all are," Maya says quietly.

"Question is though..." Kay starts.

"How do we fix it?" We all finish simultaneously.

Sitting in silence for a few minutes, we ponder all the possible ways we could make this right.

"I'd say buy them something, but what do you buy professional athletes who already have everything?" Good point Maya.

"We could fuck em so hard that they have to forgive us," Kay quips. Now, it's her turn to receive the ‘really bitch?' look. "What? Sex sells and the power of the vagina is like none other."

Rolling my eyes at her, I just so happen to glance at the TV and notice they're at the section of the movie where all the men serenade the woman to a hilarious, but sexy as hell, performance of "Can You Stand the Rain?"

A light bulb goes off in my head, "Hey Maya?" She looks at me, "You wouldn't have happened to bring any long, sexy, but easy to move around in dresses did you?"

"Well, yes, but-"

"Don't worry about it," I wave her off and look at Kaydence. "Kay, I need you to send a group text out to the guys and get them to give us about 3-4 hours before they come back to the hotel, or at least me and Colin's suite. Make something up. Just make it believable."

"Umm, okay?" She looks at Maya, then at me. "Chica, you mind telling us what the hell is going on though?"

"Let's just say," I smirk, getting up to put my tray in the kitchen. "By the end of tonight, I can almost guarantee that the guys won't even remember why they were upset with us to begin with.

OoOoOoOoOoO

No One's POV

What started out as an amazing trip for the three men was slowly turning into a nightmare. All three were equally pissed off with the three young woman they had invited to tag along. Ricardo and Derrick felt like fools for continuing to vie for Kaydence and Maya's affections only to be publicly dissed and embarrassed while Colin, for the life of him, couldn't figure out what the hell his wife's problem was. When he left, she was fine. Ecstatic. Maybe even perfect. Next thing he knows, Blake's coming up to him asking where everyone went. Of course, he was worried about everyone else, but his main priority was Aria. He called her. No answer. He text her. No reply. He kept trying before finally getting Ricardo on the phone, whom he was still a little pissed with, who gave him an update on everything and everyone. When Colin returned to the hotel, he wasn't surprised to see Aria wasn't there. His friend already filled him in that she was staying in Maya and Derrick's suite. As far the Bulls player, he knew he would be back in the morning. No concern there.

Colin also had a restless night as he ran the night over and over again trying to figure what he did to make Aria so upset with him and every time he got the same answer: nothing. Finally, he allowed his anger and pure frustration to overcome his wanting to make things right. She was being stupid and immature and he couldn't continue to allow himself to stress over something he had no control over. Eventually, he just went to sleep.

The three men met up at 7am the next morning to go to the gym together. Not only was it almost a necessity for them, it allowed them to blow off steam. They conversed as they worked out over their women issues, with Derrick even going as far to say he was "done." Needless to say, they were all shocked when they received a strange phone call from Kaydence asking (telling) them they couldn't come back to the hotel, more specifically, Colin's suite. When asked why, they received stammers and a weak "you'll see." before a dial tone was heard. Colin later received a text from Maya telling him he had clothes and his travel toiletries bag in Ricardo and Derrick's room if he needed to change.

For four hours, the men hung out in Derrick's suite wondering what the hell the girls were planning. At exactly 4:00pm though, they all received a group text from Arianna stating they could come back. Although they wouldn't admit it aloud, each was a little nervous.

As soon as they reached Colin's room, just as he pulled out the key to open it, the door was swung open from the other side.

"Kaydence?" Colin questions, as he looks over the promiscuous woman.

Shoving his teammate out the way, a wide-eyed Ricardo also looks her over. Even though he's used to seeing her with ‘loud' makeup and revealing outfits, this is over the top. With blood red lipstick, smoky eyes, a good amount of bronzer and her hair pinned to the top, she looks stunning. But, it's her black and white, bodycon dress with cutouts everywhere except her chest and crotch, which includes a lengthy split on both sides that reveals her tanned, toned legs that has him ready to fuck her senseless.

"Hola," she beams and steps aside. "Come in."

Ricardo rushes inside, pushing Derrick who tried to go in first, but not before Colin who also attempted to run in.

"What the hell?" Derrick questions, noting the dark suite, with no lights or blinds open. He also notices the furniture, which has been pushed aside, except for three chairs located in the middle of the living room.

"What's going on?" Colin asks, looking around for Arianna.

"Sit down," Maya commands, coming out of seemingly nowhere. Derrick's jaw drops. Like Kaydence, her hair is also up and her lips are bright red. However, she has light eye makeup. Her black dress, which has a lace overlay covering the black bandeau also has side splits like Kaydence's dress.

The three immediately sit down as Ricardo and Derrick stare at Kaydence and Maya.

"Where is-" Colin is cut off as Arianna steps out from one of the bedrooms. "Arianna," he finishes, feeling his throat go dry. Again, the hair up, matched with red lipstick theme is no different for Aria. However, her eye makeup has to be the boldest of all three. Her maxi length, sleeveless, bodycon dress flows at the bottom but grows tighter mid-thigh and up. The front of the dress is black, but the back is all cream.

The three women join in the middle of the floor, each in front of their own man.

"Look," Kaydence starts. "We know we fucked up."

"Big time," Maya chimes.

"Yeah, I mean you guys have been nothing, but nice to us and in return we've been complete bitches." Arianna looks down, trying to avoid Colin's intent gaze on her.

"We're really, really sorry and we know that actions speak louder than words soo..." Maya trails off and smirks, "We figured we'd show you just how sorry we are."

"Kay," Arianna nods, giving her a signal as the other girl grabs a remote and presses a button before the sensual "Cater To You" by Destiny's Child.

"Now see," Derrick motions to the other two. "This gon be good." He licks his lips and places both hands behind his head.

Baby I See You Working Hard

I Want To Let You Know I'm Proud,

Let You Know That I Admire What You Do

 

Derrick smiles as Maya starts, lip singing to Beyoncé's verse, as the three dance suggestively providing background "vocals" (lip singing).

 

The More If I Need To Reassure You,

My Life Would Be Purposeless Without You (Yeah)

If I Want It (Got It)

When I Ask You (You Provide It)

You Inspire Me To Be Better

You Challenge Me For The Better

Sit Back And Let Me Pour Out My Love Letter

 

Derrick bites down on his lip as Maya makes her way over to him.

 

Let Me Help You

Take Off Your Shoes

Untie Your Shoestrings

Take Off Your Cufflinks (Yeah)

What You Want To Eat Boo? (Yeah)

Let Me Feed You

 

He has to force himself not to take her right then and there as she soon turns the performance into a personal lap dance.

 

Let Me Run Your Bathwater

Whatever You Desire, I'll Aspire

Sing You A Song

Turn The Game On

I'll Brush Your Hair

Help Put Your Do Rag On

Want A Foot Rub? (Yeah)

You Want A Manicure?

Baby I'm Yours I Want To Cater To You Boy

 

Blowing in his ear, she reluctantly (to both really) removes herself from his lap and joins the other two.

 

Let Me Cater To You

Cause Baby This Is Your Day

Do Anything For My Man

Baby You Blow Me Away

 

The three start dancing in sync, with moves similar, but not identical to the ones from the real music video.

 

I Got Your Slippers, Your Dinner, Your Dessert, And So Much More

Anything You Want Just Let Me Cater To You

Inspire Me From The Heart,

Can't Nothing Tear Us Apart

You're All I Want In A Man;

 

Ricardo laughs as Kaydence sneaks a wink at him.

 

I Put My Life In Your Hands

I Got Your Slippers, Your Dinner, Your Dessert, And So Much More

Anything You Want, I Want To Cater To You

 

A smirking Colin watches closely as Arianna saunters over directly in front of him.

 

Baby I'm Happy You're Home,

Let Me Hold You In My Arms

I Just Want To Take The Stress Away From You

Making Sure That I'm Doing My Part (Oh)

Boy Is There Something You Need Me To Do (Oh)

If You Want It (I Got It)

Say The Word (I Will Try It)

I Know Whatever I'm Not Fulfilling (Oh)

Another Woman Is Willing (Oh)

I'm Going To Fulfill Your Mind, Body, And Spirit

 

Reaching from behind, she runs her hands down his chest, placing her leg over his shoulder.

 

I Promise You (Promise You)

I'll Keep Myself Up (Oh)

Remain The Same Chick (Yeah)

You Fell In Love With (Yeah)

I'll Keep It Tight, I'll Keep My Figure Right

I'll Keep My Hair Fixed, Keep Rocking The Hottest Outfits

When You Come Home Late Tap Me On My Shoulder, I'll Roll Over

Making her way to the front of him, she makes a (to Colin at least) painfully slow dip, purposely letting her ass grace his legs.

 

Baby I Heard You, I'm Here To Serve You (I'm Lovin It, I'm Lovin It)

If It's Love You Need, To Give It Is My Joy

All I Want To Do, Is Cater To You Boy

 

Arianna joins the other two as the three repeat the chorus routine.

 

Let Me Cater To You

Cause Baby This Is Your Day

Do Anything For My Man

Baby You Blow Me Away

I Got Your Slippers, Your Dinner, Your Dessert, And So Much More

Anything You Want Just Let Me Cater To You

Inspire Me From The Heart,

Can't Nothing Tear Us Apart

You're All I Want In A Man;

I Put My Life In Your Hands

I Got Your Slippers, Your Dinner, Your Dessert, And So Much More

Anything You Want, I Want To Cater To You

 

An already smirking Kay makes her way over by Ricardo and opts to start her part off on his lap.

I Want To Give You My Breath, My Strength, My Will To Be Here

That's The Least I Can Do,

Let Me Cater To You

Through The Good (Good)

The Bad (Through The Bad)

The Ups And The Downs (Ups And Downs)

I'll Still Be Here For You

Let Me Cater To You

 

Moving off him momentarily, she slides down into a split which causes an already turned on Ricardo to mouth damn.

 

Cause You're Beautiful (You're Beautiful)

I Love The Way You Are (You Are)

Fulfill Your Every Desire (Desire)

Your Wish Is My Command (Command)

I Want To Cater To My Man

Your Heart (Your Heart)

So Pure Your Love Shines Through(Shines Through)

The Darkness We'll Get Through (So Much)

So Much Of Me Is You (Is You)

I Want To Cater To My Man

 

She finishes with a quick kiss to the cheek before the three start the final chorus.

 

Let Me Cater To You

Cause Baby This Is Your Day

Do Anything For My Man

Baby You Blow Me Away

I Got Your Slippers, Your Dinner, Your Dessert, And So Much More

Anything You Want Just Let Me Cater To You

Inspire Me From The Heart,

Can't Nothing Tear Us Apart

You're All I Want In A Man;

I Put My Life In Your Hands

I Got Your Slippers, Your Dinner, Your Dessert, And So Much More

Anything You Want, I Want To Cater To You

 

Although the three women started out in the same position, they don't finish the same. Arianna ends up sitting sideways on Colin's lap, while Kay stands behind Ricardo with her hands wrapped around his chest, and Maya, being Maya, decides to finish with a simple standing positon, smirk and all, in front of Derrick.

 

"Damn, damn, damnnnn," Ricardo groans, throwing his head back. Kay laughs and kisses his forehead. "Can I get a replay of that? I think I missed a few things."

 

"Well, you can, but,..." Kay leans down and lowers her voice. "I was thinking you and I could go back to our suite and I could give you a private show."

 

Ricardo jumps up and grabs Kaydence by the arm, dragging her out the door before she even gets a chance to utter a goodbye.

 

Shaking her head, Maya grabs Derrick's hand, prompting him to stand up.

 

"Come on Mr. Rose," she turns away from him.

His eyes land on her butt, "Where we going?"

She smirks at him over her shoulder, "You've been talking shit ever since I met you Rose." Turning around to face him, she places a hand on his chest, "Let's see if you've got the talent to back it up."

 

Realizing what she means, Derrick's eyes light up like a kid in the candy store.

 

Acting on impulse, an excited Derrick throws Maya over his shoulder, rushing for the door.

 

"Put me down you moron!" Maya hits him on his back as Derrick looks up and mouths "Thank you" before slamming the door behind him.

 

"They are a damn mess," Arianna smiles, shaking her head. Her smile drops as she turns to look at Colin. Biting her lip, she looks at him with sincere eyes. "Lo siento papi," she frowns. "You forgive me?"

 

"Aria," she squeals when Colin stands up, holding her bridal style. "I forgave you as soon as I saw you in this dress," he says huskily. "And while I find it sexy as hell, I'm more interested in what's underneath."

 

OoOoOoOoOoO

Aria is a light sleeper. Always has been. Not that she doesn't have good reason to be....

 

So, when she feels Colin start to move around, she instantly awakens but opts to keep her eyes closed. Feeling and even sensing the daylight starting to shine on them, she assumes it's time for him to meet up with the guys for their morning workout. Now, the reasonable thing for her to do would be to let him know she's up by either a. getting up or b. rolling over. Neither one pleases her though. Instead, she moves closer to him, adjusting her head's position on his chest while tightening her arms hold around his abdomen. She smiles inwardly when she hears him chuckle and feels him run his hand through her unruly hair.

 

They remain like this for about 15 minutes when Aria feels him reach over to silence his vibrating phone. She presumes it's probably Derrick or Ricardo. Realizing that despite how comfortable and content she is, he'll eventually have to leave the bed. So, she puts her acting chops to use.

 

Pretending to stir in her "sleep," she removes her arm from around him and turns over so that she's in her usual fetal sleeping position. Colin wastes no time to slowly inch his way out the bed and into the bathroom. Arianna also realizes that Kay and Maya are also light sleepers and decides to text them. Grabbing her cell off the nightstand, she sends out a group text asking them to come over ASAP....once the men are gone of course. She places her cell back on the nightstand and resides in the bed until Colin, not before kissing his "sleeping" wife on her forehead, leaves the room. She waits about 2 minutes before jumping out of bed. Realizing she's dressed in only her bra and underwear, she grabs Colin's wife beater off the dresser and pulls it over her. She blushes as she realizes it has his scent before scurrying off and doing her hygiene. Of course, she can't ignore the not severe, put painful throbbing between her legs.

 

As soon as she finishes, she sends out the text letting the girls know to come over. They're at her door almost exactly 3 minutes later.

 

"Best fucking sex E V E R," Kaydence squeals as she and Maya enter the suite.

 

"Morning to you too Kay," Arianna chuckles, walking into the bedroom, plopping herself on the bed. Maya and Kay make note of the pained expression Aria makes when she lands on the bed before getting on themselves.

 

"Sooo how was it Maya?" Aria smirks, when Maya turns red.

 

"All I'm gonna say is," she purposely pauses. "He certainly is worthy of his MVP title." Kay and Aria squeal loudly causing her to laugh. "And yes....we are a thing now," she finishes with a small smile.

 

"Finally!" Kay shouts, pushing a string of hair behind her ear. "Me and Ricardo are still fuck buddies, but after last night....I'm totally okay with that."

 

"Of course you are," Aria laughs, but stops when she notices Kaydence smile drops. "What?"

 

"You're wearing Colin's shirt...." She trails off.

 

"And you were walking funny when we came in..." Maya adds on.

 

Kay gasps loudly, "Holy shit Aria! Did you two have sex?!"

 

"No!" Aria quickly denies. "Well yes, but not really-"

 

"What the hell does that even mean?" Maya complains, and groans when Aria struggles to get out another sentence. "Look, was his penis in your vagina?"

 

"No!" Aria blushes, covering her face.

 

"Then why did you say yes if...." Kay pouts.

 

"Because," Arianna whines, playing with the ends of his shirt. "We did....other stuff."

 

Kay's mouth drops, "Ariana fucking James did he finger you?!" Silence. She squeals loudly, "He did! Omg was that it?! Or was there more? There was, wasn't there?!"

 

"Details woman!" Maya demands impatiently.

 

Arianna groans and falls back on the bed, placing a pillow over her face for a few seconds, before taking it off and squinting her eyes shut.

 

"He ate it, I gave him a blow job, then a hand job, and then he fingered me and a shit load of making out before we passed out." She speaks fast as hell, but loud enough for her two best friends to hear.

 

Silence

 

She sits up to see her friends seem to be frozen.

 

"He ate you out?!"

 

"You gave him head?! Where'd you even learn?!"

 

"What that tongue do though?!"

 

"Is he big?! I bet he is! God, you're lucky as fuck!"

 

"Guyss!" Arianna yells, red as a tomato, overloaded with too many questions. "1. That wasn't the first time. He's went down on me once before. I just never told you guys....2. Yes, I did. And really Kay? All the years, I've had to listen to you talk about your sexual escapades, I learn by what I hear. 3. He had me borderline screaming and squirming like hell. I had to put a pillow over my mouth." Silence. "What?"

 

"You know what," Kay smirks, crossing her arms. "What about 4.?"

 

Arianna covers her hands with her face, almost wanting to completely change the subject. At age twenty-one, despite how strange it is; talking about sex never fails to feel awkward to her.

 

"What do you guys think?" She removes her hands, and pouts while beating a fist on the mattress. "He only fingered me and I'm already sore as fuck," she covers her mouth and nose with her hands. "He's gonna fucking kill me, and that's IF he's able to get it to fit. It's big as fuck. Deadass."

 

 

Maya and Kaydence response? No squeals this time. Just screams. Only screams.

End Notes:

Thoughts? 

XoXoAmbyXoXo

Stadiums and Photographs by DramaQueenAmby
Author's Notes:

Okay, let me start off by saying I greatly appreciate the interest all of you have found in my story. Especially those that have stuck with me throughout the long breaks and such. You guys are awesome. Now, I completely understand the frustration or confusion many of you have with the previous chapter. I would love to explain. But, I have my reasons and I'd rather let the reasons unfold within the story rather than giving them away in an authors note. However, I will make an attempt to write up a, if you will, "extra" chapter that will elaborate more on what happened in those hours, Arianna and Colin's talk, etc. I cannot give a post date though. You see, I also have this story posted on another site and I will be honest, they are a chapter ahead than you all are. It used to be the opposite. You all were ahead, but it is a lot easier to post the updates on the other site because they have an app. But, I will work on catching you guys up. Also, I am back in school now (College freshman woot woot!) and, not trying to brag at all because that's really not me, but I finished last semester with a 3.95 GPA and made the Deans List. I'd love to repeat that this semester as well. So, to try and keep a balance which won't leave me feeling overwhelmed and have you all waiting for an update, I've come up with a plan. I will update once a week and only once a week. Unless, of course, I have extra time to squeeze in an update. But, I think this will be good because I won't feel pressured to update every few days and I'll also, hopefully, be able to make the chapters longer. If any of you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me or leave a review. I read them all. Hope you all understand. Now, enough of my babbling, and on with the story. 


"No Derrick, I don't need you to come help me." Maya rolls her eyes. "Because Derrick, you don't even know anything about fashion." Raising her hand up to shield her eyes from the intensity of the heat, she momentarily regrets not driving to the mailbox. Gas prices are ridiculous, but right about now, so is the heat. "Derrick, being in a photo shoot for GQ magazine does not make you a model." She smiles, shaking her head. Her boyfriend is a pain in the ass at times, but his eagerness for wanting to "help" her with her portfolio is pretty damn adorable. "Look, I'll have the sketches done around," she pulls her phone away from her ear to look at the time. 2:00 "Six, maybe seven, no later than eight. After that, you're more than welcome to come over."

She places her thumb in her back pocket, "No, Kay won't be there. She....she has plans." Maya bites her lip, mentally cursing herself for almost revealing her roommates true whereabouts. She doesn't exactly like that Kay was is to Ricardo and Xavier at the same time, but she isn't Kay's mother. She can't control her actions. "You can stay the night too," Maya suggests slyly. Even though the two have only been official for two weeks, Maya and Derrick have grown significantly closer. Sure, they still argue 24/7, but behind closed doors and countenances, a bond has formed.

Reaching the mailboxes, Maya reaches in her back pocket and pulls out the mailbox key. Sticking it in #67, she switches the phone to her other either, holding it with her shoulder and the side of her face. She pulls out the mail, closing the box and locking it before ejecting her key. She quickly slides it in her back pocket before turning around to make her way back to her condo.

"Yes, we can order takeout Derrick," she laughs as she sorts through the mail. Bills, magazines, bills, flyers, bills-the usual. As she always does, she puts all of Ariana's mail together since the former roommate has not bothered to put in a change of address. "And no you can't-" she stops when she just so happens to notice the sender for one of Arianna's letters. He lips immediately go dry. She shouldn't. She can't. Hell, it's against the law. But, she has to. Ignoring her normal moral conduct, she quickly tears open the letter. Her eyes don't even get past the first three sentences. "Oh my God," she whispers, feeling her heart beat quicken. "Derrick, I have to call you back." She doesn't even wait for him to reply to hang up. Placing her phone in her bra, she sprints across the lot and to her condo.

"Kaydence!" She yells, slamming the front door behind her. "Kaydence!"

"I'm coming!" Kay shouts back, entering the living room with a bored look on her face. "What do you-" she stops, noticing the pained expression on her best friend's face. "What's wrong?"

"Look," Maya shoves the letter in Kay's hands before starting to pace back and forth.

Kay's eyes don't roam the letter long before her mouth drops, "Oh my God."

"That's what I said," Maya groans, placing her head in her hands.

"They can't be fucking serious!" Kay gasps, struggling to comprehend the words in front of her. "They can't do this! Can they even do this?"

"Apparently they can Kay," Maya rolls her eyes.

"We have to tell Arianna-"

"No!" Maya exclaims, jumping up off the sofa. "We can't."

Kay looks at her like she's crazy, "What do you mean we can't? We have to! She needs to know Maya!"

"And she will," Maya cuts her off. "Just not now."

"Well when Maya?" Kay puts her hand on her hip, "The longer we wait the harder-"

"Damnit I know Kaydence," Maya yells, frustrated with the situation more so than Kaydence. "I know," she sighs sadly. "But, you've seen how happy she's been lately. I haven't seen her this happy in....hell, I've never seen her this happy." She shakes her head, "I don't wanna ruin that and trust me Kaydence," she takes the letter from her. "This will ruin that."

"It's gonna destroy her," Kaydence says quietly.

"It's gonna destroy everything."

OoOoOoOoOoOo

Arianna POV

"Will you at least give me a hint?" I whine, poking my mouth out.

Colin shakes his head, "Naw."

"Why?"

"Because"

"Because why?"

"Because I said so that's why," he rolls his eyes. "You really aren't good with surprises are you?"

"No," I huff, crossing my arms. "That's why you should just tell me now and-"

"Ain't gonna happen baby," he laughs, glancing at me, before returning his eyes to the road. "I'm still not telling you."

I cross one leg over the other, "You piss me the fuck off."

"Naw, you do that all by yourself."

I don't reply.

Sighing, I lean my head against the window. We've been driving for over half an hour now. I hate surprises and he knows this so I don't know why he just won't tell me where the hell we're going.

"Is it at least-" he cuts me off.

"We're almost there," he looks at me out the corner of his eye. "That's all I'm saying."

I guess that's as much as I'm going to get out of him.

"Fine," I accept, leaning back in my seat. Looking down, I look over my outfit. It's pretty simple. I'm wearing black, high waisted shorts with a sleeveless, red and black plaid chiffon top that accentuates my cleavage and some red, wedge, Puma sneakers. My recently dyed, back to black, hair is down in it's natural wavy state. Not feeling like doing much makeup, I just have on mascara and lip balm. Hell, I don't even have my usual large handbag. I just settled for a small black clutch.

Pulling my sunglasses over my eyes, I lean my head back and sigh heavily.

I close my eyes and prepare to force myself to go to sleep. Surprisingly, I actually manage to drift off into a light sleep. Of course, this doesn't last long though.

"We're here," I hear him tell me. Opening my eyes, I realize that not only are we here, but Colin is standing, waiting, by my open car door. Unbuckling my seatbelt, I reach to grab my clutch, "You won't need that." I look at him, "Trust me. Just bring your phone if you want." Sticking my clutch under his seat, I hop out of his Escalade as he closes the car door for me.

Looking around, I realize we're in a parking lot, and directly across from us is a stadium. A huge ass stadium. My eyes search for a name. I find it. Levi's Stadium. That name sounds so familiar.....

"Come on," he places his hand on the small of my back.

I look up at him, allowing him to lead as we cross the street and head for the entrance.

"Colin," I frown slightly. "I don't under-" I stop as we enter the premises and all I see is Gold and Red. The name San Francisco 49ers or something alluding to that is everywhere I look. "This is your team's home stadium," I whisper, marveling at the grandeur of it all.

"Yup," he confirms quietly. He grabs my hand and gestures for the set of escalators, "Come on, I wanna show you around."

"Is that allowed?" I bite my lip, "I mean, you're the athlete, not me.
I don't want you to get in trouble..."

He laughs, "You're adorable as hell sometimes, you know that?" I glare. Puppies are adorable. Not 21 year-old women. 

"Yeah yeah," I mutter, rolling my eyes, but smiling softly.

He first shows me around the main part of the stadium, or, the ‘open to the public' areas. I take plenty of pictures, most of them photobombed by Colin, but it's not like I mind....

"Whoa," I exclaim as we reach a hallway. A hella long hallway. It's pretty damn dark too...

"Scared?" He smirks down at me.

"No," I suck my teeth. "I just don't like the dark."

"So, like I said, scared." He laughs.

"You're such a dick," I shake my head smiling.

Holding onto his arm, he leads us down the dark, wide hallways, passing up several doors before we finally reach wherever it is he's taking me.

Reaching for the double doors, he pushes them open.

"Holy shit," I breathe in awe. We're in the team locker room. Everything looks so....perfect. So uniformed. I look at all the stalls. "Where's yours?" I ask excitedly.

"Come on," he laughs, and walks me over toward the back, directly in the middle. Looking up, I see his last name, Kaepernick with his number next to it, highlighted by LED lights.

Smiling, I reach him my cell phone and climb up in the stall.

"Take a picture of me," I instruct, he laughs, but obliges. Making different faces, I pose for the pictures before climbing out. Standing in front, Colin laughs even harder as I kiss my bicep, mimicking his "kaepernicking."

"So you got jokes huh?" He teases, handing me back my phone.

"Naw," I cock my head to the side, stuffing my phone in my back pocket. "I'm just adorable, remember?"

He shakes his head and grabs my hips, "Come on, there's one last thing I wanna show you."

"Aight," I nod coolly. "One condition though," I smirk, pulling my phone back out and putting it in my bra. "Let me get on your back."

"Damn girl," he jokes. "First my lap, now my back, you can't get enough of the Kaep can you?"

"Boy, you are stupid." I giggle, as he bends his knees, prompting me to hop on. I wrap my arms around his neck and secure my legs around his waist.

We walk in silence as I lay my head on his shoulder, enjoying being this close to him. I swear, I can't seem to get enough of him. He's like my drug, my addiction.

As we reach the end of the tunnel, I notice light. Sunlight. I realize he's taking me out into the field.

"Let me down," I request softly. He leans down and I slide off. He walks onto the field and I follow suit. Looking around, I take in just how damn big it really is. I've only seen a few football games on TV and always thought the fields looked ridiculously huge and intimidating. Seeing it in person just confirmed my thoughts.

"This is it," He finally speaks after a few minutes of silence. "This is what I've wanted all my life. I use to dream of the day where I would be able to play football, not just as a hobby or at a high school or even college level, but as a profession. To be in the NFL." He looks over at me, as if questioning if I want him to continue. I smile softly, indicating my ‘yes'. "When I was first drafted by the 49ers, I remember coming here and thinking I finally made it. Whenever I have a lot on my mind or I just need to get away...."

"This is where you come," I finish for him. "I understand. This place, it's home for you." He sighs, his smile dropping slightly. "What's wrong?"

"I probably should have told you sooner, but..."

My own smile drops now, "But what? Colin, tell me, please?"

"I have to go out of town next week," he answers slowly.

"Oh," I say plainly. "That's okay. You had me worried for a second, thinking it was something serious." I laugh, "How long are you gonna be gone? A couple days?"

He hesitates, much longer than he should, "Three weeks."

Again, the smile is gone, "What?" I scoff sadly, "Three weeks?" 2-3 days? Okay, sure, no problem. Maybe even a week. But three whole freaking weeks? Just thinking about it has me already down.

"I know," he sighs, looking down at me. "I'd bring you with me if I could but you have school and work, and this is private training I had set up before I even met you." He explains, reaching out and caressing my cheek with his thumb. "It's not mandatory or anything, but I need to make sure I stay on my A game wh-"

"Colin," I interrupt him. "It's okay," I flash him a dimpled smile. "You don't have to explain yourself to me. I'm not upset. A little sad because this is gonna be my first time being away from you for so long and I will miss you," A lot. "But, this time apart will be good for us."

He looks at me quizzically, "It will?"

"Yeah," I shrug, stuffing my hands in the back pockets of my shorts. "You're a professional athlete babe. You're gonna be away a lot when the season kicks off again and even pre-season, training and whatnot." He smiles, a twinkle in his eye. "What?"

"Nothing, it's just, I can remember a time when I never thought I'd hear you refer to it."

I scrunch my eyebrows together, "It?"

"Us, having a future together," he replies softly.

Smiling, I look down, feeling those damn butterflies.

"Thank you Colin," I speak quietly, allowing my emotion to seep through. That doesn't happen often. Not at all. "For taking me here today, for sharing this with me." I look up and around the stadium, "I know how much this means to you. How much your career means to you. It's everything to you. Your heart. Your life." I smile to myself. His passion for what he does is so heartwarming to me.

"It was," he says quietly.

My head snaps to look at him so fast, I'm surprised I don't get whiplash.

"What?" I question even quieter, feeling my heart rate quicken.

"My career does mean a lot to me, you're right about that. Hell, at one point, it was all I cared about. Football had my heart; it came first before any and everything. Before anyone," he takes a step closer to me. "It is my love and my passion, and for the longest, I never thought that would or even could change."

"Colin," I murmur, looking down. Shit. Shit Shit. My eyes are starting to water, my throat is dry; I feel immobile.

"Then I met you, and everything seemed to change. You made me question everything. My career will eventually come to an end and when that day comes I want to be able to still have my other love, my passion, my everything."

"You don't-," I sniffle, allowing a tear to escape.

He lifts my chin and stares me directly in my eyes, "I love you Arianna. I love everything about you. You're beautiful as hell, you're smart, funny, a little low key crazy as hell," I roll my eyes, and laugh, wiping at my eyes. "But I don't care because that's what love is. You take the good with the bad. You accept their faults, their imperfections because that's what makes them who they are."

"Colin," I pull away from him, wrapping my arms around myself. "There's so many things you don't know about me," I cry, wiping at my eyes again. "You're such a good person. I'm not. I've made so many mistakes in my life....you don't deserve to have to deal with someone like me. You deserve the best-"

"You're right," a beat. "I do deserve the best, and you know what else? I'm looking at it."

I'm not even crying anymore. I'm fucking sobbing.

"You have no....idea," I breathe in deeply, trying to control my tears. "How fucking bad I want to stand here and tell you that I don't feel the same way about you that you do for me. That my feelings aren't that serious. That I don't care about you. I don't love you." I shrug, feeling my walls come down one by one. "But, I can't. I can't. Because my feelings are beyond serious. I don't even know what they are. I care about you more than I care about myself. I love being around you, near you, with you. I just want you. To be with you, now, and for as long as I can." I run my hand through my hair, "I can't say that I can't live without you because I can do that, but....I don't want to. I love you Colin. And I've tried my damn hardest not to, to push you away and you know what? I'm tired. I don't want to anymore. I love you and there's not a damn thing in the world that can change that. Not now. Not ever."

Pulling me into him, he cups my face, and kisses me.

Colin Kaepernick, the man I love, kisses me like it's the last time he'll ever see me.

OoOoOoOoOoOo

"Raymond is ready," I look over at Maya who's looking at me with an undecipherable expression.

"What?"

"Nothing, it's just," she grabs my hand. "I just want you to know how happy I am for you Arianna. You and Colin are perfect for each other and I'm so glad you have him. You deserve to be happy chica."

I smile softly, "Thank you Maya." I hug her, "I want the same thing for you. I want you to be happy as well." I pull back and even though I know this announcement from her stems from the fact that I told her and Kay about what happened earlier today, I can't help but feel there's something she's not telling me. "Are you okay? You know I'm always here for you girl."

"I know," she smiles back. "I'm good. Now go on over there and get your money."

I laugh, and head over by the table where Raymond is.

"Sorry for the wait," I apologize, handing him back his copy of the receipt along with his card.

"It's no problem," he waves off my apology. "How is it?"

Huh? "Excuse me?"

He gestures to my wedding ring, "The married life."

"Oh," I blush and smile. "Perfect. It really is."

"I'm glad," he looks at me with such sincerity. "You deserve it. You're a remarkable young woman. I just hope your husband knows he's gotten a true gem."

I feel my mouth drop. What the hell? Is this National Tell Arianna How You Feel Day?

"Thank you. That means a lot to me. It really does."

"You're very welcome," He nods, and pulls out a pen to sign the receipt. "Same time next week?"

I laugh, "You know it. Have a good evening Mr. Waters."

"You too Ariana," he says meaningfully. I wave him a goodbye. Heading over to my other table, I take their order and bring it to the kitchen before returning to Raymond's table to remove his dishes.

I grab his receipt first and then my tip, my mouth dropping slightly at the six, crisp, hundred dollar bills. This man is too kind. Tucking them both away, I grab his glass. I reach for his plate when something on the seat next to the one he was sitting in catches my eye. Reaching over, I pick it up and realize it's a picture. When I turn it over, I swear, time stands still. The glass cup in my other hand drops, shattering into a thousand pieces on the floor. I hear shrieks around me, voices calling out to me, but I can't pay them any attention. I'm frozen. My eyes don't leave the picture. They can't. I just continue to stare at the picture of

me

as a little girl

 

with my mother.

End Notes:

Please review! :)

~Amby~

Birthdays and Letting Go by DramaQueenAmby
Author's Notes:

Imagine a young Halle Berry and viola - Catalina! 

Enjoy! 

FLASHBACK

"No, I don't want no scrub," A five year old Arianna sings nodding her little head to the catchy beat of TLC's latest song. "A scrub is a guy that can't no love from me."

Twenty-two year old Catalina smiles broadly, sneaking a quick glance at her daughter in the back seat of her Toyota Camry through her mirror before returning her eyes back to the road.

"Hanging out the passenger side of his best friends ride, trying to holler at me," Catalina sings the next verse. Even though Arianna still has the typical "baby" voice one would expect of her age, Catalina can tell, like herself, her little girl will grow up to have a beautiful singing voice.

"Mommy!" Arianna pouts, crossing her tiny arms. For her age, she's rather petite. This doesn't bother Cat too much though. She was the same way as a child. Eventually, her body caught up with her age. Curves for days. She just hopes her little girl won't be developing sooner than need be.

"Si mi amor?" Catalina questions, already knowing what's going to come out of the girls' mouth.

"You can't sing that part!" Arianna exclaims as if it's the most obvious thing ever.

"Why sweetie?" Catalina struggles to conceal her smile. She was right on target.

"Becauseeee," Arianna drags on the ending. "It's the only part I know, duhhh."

"Uh uh," Catalina quickly turns on her discipline voice. "What did I tell you about using that word nina?"

"That I shouldn't," Arianna replies sadly.

"Por que?" Catalina continues.

Arianna sighs, "Cause it's disrehecful."

Catalina has to laugh at that. For the most part, Arianna is very advanced for a five year old. Her mother has opted to raise her to be bilingual, along with teaching her how to read at the young age of four. She wants the best for her child. She wants her to be better than she is. She will be.

"The word is disrespectful mija," she smiles, pulling into the parking lot of their destination.

"Chuck E Cheese!" Arianna shouts, smiling broadly, revealing her deep dimples. Catalina frowns slightly. Those dimples. The same ones her father has. Her little girl has so much of him, it's almost painful.

"That's right baby girl," Catalina parks, removing the keys from the ignition, and unbuckles her seatbelt. Getting out the car, she closes the driver's door and proceeds to open up the backdoor. She unbuckles Arianna from her car seat, pulling the little girl out and kneels down to look at her eye to eye. "Now I know I told you I'd give you a birthday party sweetie but," she looks down. "Mommy just doesn't have the money this year." She wants to cry. Sure, her daughter is only five and she has plenty of time to throw her a birthday celebration, but this isn't the first time her finances have gotten in the way of her giving her meaning for living something she really wants.

"It's okay mommy," Aria says sadly, but with a smile on her face. "It's your birthday too and you won't have a party either so we can be like...like..." Her face scrunches up in confusion and frustration at not being able to find the right word.

"Twins?" Catalina offers sweetly. One thing Catalina loves about the relationship between she and Arianna is their many similarities. The fact that they share the same birthday would have to be the main one though.

"Yeah!" Arianna shouts excitedly. "Is that why you didn't go to work today mommy and I didn't go to Mrs. Flowers?" She refers to Catalina's elderly neighbor who watches Arianna almost everyday.

"Si mija," Catalina confirms, reaching out to stroke Arianna's long hair that reaches her belly button. Again, like mother, like daughter. "It's just me and you today."

"Really? Tonight too?!" Ariana gets overly excited and Catalina frowns.

"No, I still have to go to my other job tonight." Catalina grimaces at just the thought of her second "job." She'd give anything to not have it, but she has to provide for Arianna and there's nothing she wouldn't do for the girl. "But, you and I are gonna have so much fun today that I bet you'll just want to have dinner and sleep as soon as we get home."

"Yay!" Arianna jumps up and down, before reaching out to hug Catalina. "Te amo mommy."

"Te amo mija," Catalina grins, kissing the top of her daughters head. "Te amo."

The two spend hours in Chuck E Cheese, both having an amazing time with just being together. Arianna loves spending time with her mother and vice versa. Working two jobs doesn't allow Catalina a lot of free time with her little girl though. After winning several prizes and taking plenty of pictures, the two leave and head over to McDonald's, Arianna's favorite fast food restaurant. After ordering their food and forcing a hyper Aria to eat at least some of her food, Catalina watches as she heads over to the play ball pen.

"Well well well," Catalina freezes at that voice. That all too fucking familiar voice. "If it isn't little miss Angel." She cringes at the use of her stage name.

"What are you doing here Darrius?" She sighs, placing her head in her hands. Looking up at him, Catalina hates to admit it, but Darrius has to be one of the most attractive men she's ever met. Light skin, 6"2, nice smile, if he wasn't such an asshole, he'd be the perfect guy.

"I didn't realize it was against the law to stop for something to eat," he chuckles, inviting himself to sit in the seat opposite of her. "You know I don't think I've ever seen you with this much clothes on."

She bites her tongue to keep from lashing out at him, "And I don't think I've ever seen you without your pants around youankles."

He smirks, "Would you like to fix that?"

"Fuck off Darrius," she spits back.

"Tch tch tch," he shakes his index finger at her. "Such language in a family friendly establishment?"

"So what the hell are you doing here?" Catalina demands, wishing he would just leave her alone. It's bad enough he owns the club she works at and has to deal with him every night, but now during the day too? No, that's too much.

He cocks his head to the side, "I was just about to ask you the same thing."

She crosses her arms and smirks, "I didn't realize it was against the law to stop for something to eat."

A dangerous glint appears in his eyes, "If I were you I'd watch my fucking mouth, you work for me bitch, not the other way around."

"Not right now I don't," Catalina challenges, refusing to show fear.

"Now see, that's where you're wrong." He laughs and she is reminded once again just how unstable the man really is. "As long as you still owe me for that not so little loan you took out five years ago-"

"Which I would have paid off if you hadn't upped the interest so damn much," she barks back harshly. In desperate need of money to care for her newborn, she had turned to Darrius, the neighborhoods most feared drug lord, for a loan. She borrowed 10,000 and he had somehow upped the money she had to pay him back to 50,000.

"What can I say? Business is business."

'And bitch ass niggas always gonna be bitch ass niggas' Catalina thinks bitterly to herself.

"Mommy!" She mentally curses as Arianna, with awful timing chooses to run up to the table.

"Yes mija?" she asks, ignoring Darrius intent gaze on them.

"I wanna take a picture together!"

Catalina bites her lip, "Right now?" Arianna nods enthusiastically. "Okay sweetie, just give me-"

"I'll take it," Darrius offers, smiling broadly. Catalina shoots daggers at the man. He ignores her. "Give me your camera."

"Yay!" Arianna claps happily. "Give it to him mommy."

Internally groaning, she reaches in her purse and hands the man her camera. Pulling her daughter on her lap, she wraps her arms around the tiny child.

"Ready? On three," Darrius instructs. "One, two, three." He snaps the picture. "Perfect," he says softly, starring directly at Arianna. This doesn't slip past Catalina.

"Alright, go finish playing sweetie. We'll be leaving soon."

"Okay mommy," Arianna agrees easily before scurrying back over to the ball pen.

"She sure is a pretty something," Darrius mumbles, reaching back the camera. "Just like her mother."

"Yes, well that's the only thing she'll have in common with me." Catalina glares.

He quips an eyebrow, "You sure about that?"

She bites the inside of her cheek, "What are you talking about?"

"You won't have that tight little body of yours forever Angel," he nods his head in the direction of Arianna. "But she on the other hand....she's gonna be something when she gets older." He bites his lip and leans back, mentally conjuring a picture of an older and filled out Arianna. "And you know me, I like em young."

Catalina leans over and hits her fist on the table, "She's fucking five years old you sick bastard!"

"She won't be five forever," he smiles evilly.

"I swear to God Darrius," she closes her eyes, trying to control her temper. "You better stay the fuck away from my child or I swear to God-"

"You'll what?!" In an instant, he's leaned across the table as well. Slyly pulling back his jacket, Catalina cringes slightly at the sight of his gun. "That's what I thought," he quickly covers the weapon back up. "I want my fucking money Angel and I'm not a patient man. I've given you more than enough time," he stands up and adjusts his collar. "I will get my money back," his gaze travels back over to the ball pen. He smirks. "One way or another." He walks past her to leave but stops to lean down and whisper, "Oh yeah, and tell baby girl I'll be seeing her." Catalina gulps and he laughs, walking out.

As soon as she sees he's left the building, Catalina immediately turns to look at her daughter playing, having fun, without a care in the world.

Feeling her eyes water, she places her head in her hands, "What I have gotten myself into?"

END FLASHBACK

ARIANNA POV

"This doesn't make any sense," Maya shakes her head.

"None of this does," I mumble quietly.

"So let me get this straight," Derrick starts and I swear each of us roll our eyes. "This nigga who you don't know, outside of your job where he's a regular stalker, I mean customer, just so happened to have a picture of you and your fine ass-" Maya socks him in his chest. "I mean, your mother and you....and you have no idea who this man is or how the hell he got it?"

"Pretty much," I nod solemnly.

"This shit sound like something off of a Law and Order episode," he shakes his head.

"Derrick, do yourself and everyone else a favor and please shut the fuck up," Colin groans, wrapping his arms protectively around my waist.

"Cosign," Maya mutters.

After getting bitched at by my boss about my "carelessness" and agreeing to getting a cut in my next paycheck to pay for the glass I 'broke', he agreed to let me and Maya off early. She was able to convince him that I didn't need to be left alone. Kay didn't come in tonight. She's out with Xavier and I didn't wanna bother her with this so Maya came home with me, letting Derrick know where she was before he so casually invited himself over too.

So, that leaves us in our current situation, the four of us sitting at Colin's dining room table, with the picture being passed along from person to person. Of course, I'm in Colin's lap, instead of a seat. God, I'm becoming so predictable.

"Do you even remember when this picture was taken babe?" Colin questions gently.

Frowning, I grab the picture, pulling it in front of me.

"I do," I smile sadly. "It was our birthday."

"Our?" Derrick asks, obviously confused.

"My mom and I share the same birthday," I explain quietly. "I remember that day....she had taken off of work and we spent the day at Chuck E Cheese...." I trail off, feeling my eyes water. "This picture was taken in McDonald's. She took me there after Chuck E Cheese."

"Do you remember who took the picture at least?" Maya presses gently.

"Some man," I shake my head, wiping at my eyes. "I had never seen him before but I think my mom knew him somehow....she didn't like him though."

"How do you know?" Derrick asks.

"I could just tell," I reply, tucking a string of hair behind my ear. "Just the way she looked at him..." I elaborate, remembering my own bad feeling about him back then. He just looked like bad news.

"Are you sure..." Colin begins and I shake my head vehemently. I know where he's getting at....

"No, it's not him. Trust me. I would have recognized him." He simply nods in response.

"How old were you?" Derrick wonders. "In the picture I mean."

"Five," I reply quietly. "The same age I was when she left me..." I trail off, running my finger lightly over her face. She was so damn beautiful, and kind. Damn it. I feel my eyes water. This is why I hate talking about this. I can never control my emotions. "Excuse me," I announce quietly, getting up, taking the picture with me and running upstairs upstairs.

*Downstairs*

*No One's POV*

As soon as the sound of Arianna slamming a door shut reaches downstairs, both Maya and Colin are up on their feet.

"I'll go check on her," they both say at the same time.

"I'm more familiar with the situation so I should be the one to talk to her," Maya explains. "Plus, I know how to handle her-"

"And I don't?" Colin interrupts, slightly insulted.

"I didn't say you don't," Maya rolls her eyes. "I just think you should let me handle this one Colin. I mean, she is my best friend after all."

"With all due respect Maya, I get that she's your friend and all, but she's my wife." He explains. "And I love how close you guys are and how you've seem to become her protector in a sense, but that's my job now. She's my responsibility. You can't protect her forever. You've gotta let go a little."

Maya is silent. She doesn't know how to respond. Well she knows how she would like to respond, but she won't disrespect Colin is his own house.

"Did you know she used to be suicidal?" Maya says quietly after a few minutes of silence. Both Derrick and Colin look equally shocked. "She had a really bad experience a few years back and as a result she started cutting herself..." Maya looks down, feeling her own eyes water thinking back on the harder times. "You're right, I have become her protector. Just too late. She went through so much shit that I didn't even know about....I wasn't there for her when she really needed me and I still regret it to this day." She wipes away a tear that manages to escape. "Look, I get it. You're right. I do have to let go a little. But...not now. I can't." She walks up to him and places a hand on his shoulder. "I wish I could tell you everything to help you understand better, but it's not my place to. She should be the one to tell you. And she will, when she gets ready. But please, for tonight at least, let me deal with her."

Colin looks down at the girl and even though it pains him to know Arianna is hurting and not being able to comfort her, he can't deny Maya the right to help her best friend.

"Go ahead," he agrees, as the young woman smiles in appreciation and heads up the stairs to comfort the woman they both care about.

Little does anyone know though, that instead of being with Xavier like everyone thinks, Kay is actually at the condo. And, like her best friend, is too in need of comfort. She's alone though. In her bathroom, on the floor, knees up against her chest. She stares helplessly, tears leaking out, at the four positive pregnancy tests surrounding her.

 

End Notes:

Uh oh. Looks like someone has a bun in the overn.


How do you guys feel about Catalina? Personally, I loved writing this scene with her. Darrius though... smh.


And what about Maya sharing those things with Colin and Derrick?


Let me know yall! I do take suggestions too! :)


XoXoAmbyXoXo

Changes and Firsts {Part 1} {Fixed} by DramaQueenAmby
Author's Notes:

Okay, I don't know what was wrong with the last update, but I just noticed it was all messed up. The formatting was all over the place, and I couldn't seem to edit it without deleting chunks so I'm just reloading. Sorry for the inconvenience loves! 


Flashback


 


ÒFuck!Ó Maya screams, finally reaching her orgasm. Panting heavily, she falls down on him, resting her head on his shoulder. She smiles to herself as she feels his fingers teasingly run down her spine. After a few minutes of simply lying there, she removes herself from top of him (and him from inside of her) and plops down on the bed.


 


Starring up at the ceiling, she moans softly as he starts planting kisses along the side of her neck.


 


ÒHave I ever told you,Ó her breath hitches as his thumb rubs circles around her nipples. ÒHow fucking perfect you are?Ó


 


She smirks, turning over and pulling the covers up to her neck, ÒIt might have slipped out once or twice.Ó


 


He laughs, reaching out to caress her cheek. A beat. ÒDo you have to leave?Ó


 


She frowns at the sadness in his crystal blue eyes, ÒYou know I do.Ó


 


That clearly isnÕt the answer he wanted, ÒCanÕt Kaydence handle whatever it is Arianna needs help with?Ó


 


Maya sighs, ÒNo, sheÕs gonna need both of us.Ó


 


He grunts, still not satisfied with her reasons. ÒBut-Ó


 


ÒColton,Ó she interrupts, propping herself on one elbow. ÒYou know if I could, IÕd stay. Believe that.Ó Her slender fingers run along the form of his strong jawline, ÒI can come back tomorrow though.Ó


 


He grabs her hand, bringing his lips to it, ÒThatÕs not gonna work babe.Ó


 


Maya pouts, ÒWhy?Ó She climbs back on top of him, his hard on right by her soaking pussy. ÒI can make it work.Ó She bats her long eyelashes, running a manicured nail down his ripped six-pack.


 


ÒShannon is flying in tomorrow,Ó he says almost robotically, as if heÕs rehearsed it countless times.


 


Maya immediately stops her movements, as he watches her intently, almost predicting her reaction.


 


ÒOh,Ó she says blankly. She quickly gets off him, ÒThatÕs nice.Ó Instead of returning to her position next to him, she climbs out of bed.


He sighs heavily, sitting up, rubbing his temples. ÒMayaÉÓ


 


ÒIÕve gotta get ready to go,Ó she replies instantly as she starts gathering her clothes from off the floor.


ÒBaby,Ó he also gets out of the bed and locates his boxers before pulling them on. ÒDonÕt act like this.Ó


 


Pulling her camisole over her head, she turns to look at him, ÒAct like what?Ó She questions nonchalantly.


 


ÒFuck Maya, like that,Ó he closes his eyes, trying to calm himself down.


 


ÒLike you donÕt care.Ó


 


ÒI donÕt,Ó she shrugs casually.


 


ÒBullshit,Ó he scoffs.


 


ÒBesides, itÕs not like I have a right to care,Ó she leans down, pulling a sandal on. ÒSheÕs you wife. Not me.Ó


 


He scoffs, rubbing the back of his neck, eyes darting to the wall adjacent to where sheÕs standing. ÒYou know I fucking hate-Ó


 


ÒWhat?!Ó She cuts him off sharply, ÒWhat do you hate?Ó


 


ÒWhen you say that shit!Ó He shoots back.


 


This time, sheÕs the one to scoff, ÒWhy? ItÕs the truth! SheÕs your wife Colton. Not me.Ó


 


ÒYou say it likeÉlike...Ó he struggles to finds the right words.


 


ÒLike?Ó Maya crosses her arms, ÒLike what? Like itÕs your doing? Newsflash, it is. IÕm not the one who married her.Ó Who the fuck gets married at 27 anyway? She thinks to herself before realizing just how stupid she sounds and is grateful she didnÕt vocalize her thoughts.


 


ÒNo, but youÕre acting like I chose her over you!Ó He yells, allowing his anger to get the best of him.


 


ÒBecause you are!Ó She blurts out, immediately regretting the words as soon as they leave her mouth. Noticing his softened facial expression, she darts her eyes elsewhere to avoid his sympathetic gaze. ÒItÕs been 5 months ColtonÉ.how long do you expect me to wait?Ó


 


ÒMaya,Ó he sighs, walking over to hold the vulnerable seventeen year-old. ÒItÕs not as simple as you think.Ó


 


ÒWhatÕs so complicated about telling your Òwife,Ó whom you never see because of conflicting work schedules, that you want a divorce?Ó


 


ÒThe part where I also have to tell her why which includes confessing my five month affair with my underage student,Ó he countered, quipping a brow.


 


She sighs heavily, ÒIÕm gonna be eighteen in three months.Ó


 


ÒYeah,Ó he scoffs. ÒThat totally changes everything.Ó


Maya sucks her teeth and tries to remove herself from his hold, ÒLet go of me Colton.Ó


 


He looks down at her, ÒYouÕre mad at me arenÕt you?Ó


 


She cocks her head to the side, ÒNo shit Sherlock.Ó


 


ÒOkay, since you wanna go there, have you told your family about Chicago yet?Ó


 


She pauses before replying, ÒThatÕs not fair and you know it.Ó


 


ÒHow is it not fair?Ó


 


ÒYou just told me about that three weeks ago, while you were supposed to tell your wife about the divorce three months ago.Ó She manages to wiggle herself out of his grasp, ÒBesides, you donÕt understand how difficult this is going to be for them.Ó


 


ÒThem or you?Ó He challenges softly.


 


ÒItÕs been the three of us for the past ten years Colton,Ó Maya stresses. ÒWeÕve had our lives planned out for as long as I can remember. Kay and Aria at Julliard and me at NYU. That was the plan. How am I suppose to tell them that IÕve changed my mind and IÕm going to Chicago?Ó


 


ÒYou donÕt have to Maya,Ó he reminds her gently. ÒYou can st-Ó


 


ÒI donÕt want to stay here. I want to go with you. I want to be with you.Ó She ends softly.


 


He kisses the top of her head, ÒThen tell them that babe.Ó


 


ÒIÕm scared Colton,Ó Maya confesses, looking down at the white, plush carpet.


 


He walks over by the bed, sitting down, before motioning her to come by him. She obliges, preparing to sit next to him before he places her on his lap.


 


ÒYou know me. I like order. I like organization. I hate changes. Chicago is all of those wrapped a pretty bow,Ó She elaborates, leaning her back against his chest. ÒDonÕt get me wrong, the Art Institute of Chicago is an amazing school and theyÕve offered me a scholarship, full ride, and while we will still be together, youÕre gonna be busy with your new job-Ó


 


ÒWhoa,Ó he cuts her off. ÒBabe, I sincerely hope you donÕt think IÕm not going to make time for you.Ó


 


ÒYouÕre taking over your fatherÕs multi-million dollar company Colton,Ó she turns to look at him. ÒI highly doubt spending time with me will be at the top of your agenda.Ó


 


ÒMayaÉÓ He breathes, cupping her face with his right hand. ÒYou are my agenda. I donÕt care if I have to give up sleep, food, or hell, even the company. I will make time for you. No matter what. ThatÕs a promise baby girl. I love and care about you too much to let you slip away.Ó


 


ÒI hate when you do that,Ó she pouts, trying and failing to conceal her bashful smile.


 


ÒWhat?Ó He smirks, already knowing her reply.


 


ÒMake me forget why I was even mad at you to begin with,Ó she moans as he teasingly runs his fingers along the waistline of her pants.


 


ÒI can make you do a lot of things Ms. Lane,Ó he teases, resuming his early assault on her neck.


 


ÒOh really?Ó She bites her lip as he lifts her camisole over her head. Maya squeals as Colton flips them so that sheÕs back on the bed, face up, as he hovers over her. ÒCare to demonstrate Mr. OÕ Connor?Ó


 


ÒOnly if youÕre willing to participate,Ó He laughs, and stares at her longingly. ÒI love you Maya.Ó


 


She smiles softly, ÒI love you too Colton.Ó A beat. ÒNow,Ó she moves her hands and tugs at his boxers. ÒAbout that demonstration.Ó


 


Changes and Firsts {Part 2} by DramaQueenAmby
Author's Notes:

Damn. It's been a while.... O.O


Flashback


 


ÒSo you nervous?Ó Kay smirks, sectioning a piece of AriaÕs hair, before passing the flat iron through it. 


 


ÒA little,Ó Arianna bites her lip. 


 


ÒMore like a lot,Ó Maya murmurs, applying primer to her best friends face. ÒYou do realize thatÕs actually going to make it hurt more, right?Ó 


 


AriannaÕs face grows pale, ÒIt will?Ó


 


Yup,Ó Kay pops the ÔpÕ. 


 


ÒHow?Ó Arianna all but whines. 


 


ÒWhen you stress like you are right now, you tend to tense upÉ.everywhere,Ó Maya darts her eyes toward AriannaÕs crotch. ÒThe vaginal muscles clench up and that will make it harder for him to get it in.Ó


 


Kay nods in agreement, ÒPlus, being nervous will make it more difficult for you to enjoy the foreplay, make sure to get plenty of that, and get wet. Virgin friendly translation? Them panties should be soaked before he try to insert anything other than a finger.Ó


 


Arianna blushes profusely, ÒThis shit sounds so complex.Ó


 


ÒIt really isnÕt,Ó Maya sighs gently. ÒYouÕre just stressing yourself to the point where youÕre making it complex.Ó She notices her words seem to only exacerbate AriannaÕs nerves. Sighing, she puts down the eye-shadow brush and leans her weight on the vanity. ÒLook AriannaÉKendall loves him some you and I know you love him. HeÕs waited for you all this time and youÕve held your virginity for the right one. The one you love. Kendall is the right one. And because he loves you, IÕm more than sure heÕll be hella gentle and take his time with you.Ó


 


ÒExactly,Ó Kay decides to add on. ÒI mean, I know he usually tends to be rough and shit-Ò At this moment, Kay realizes sheÕs said too much, which is confirmed by Maya flashing her a wide eyed Ôwtf are you doing look?Õ.


 


ÒHowÉ.Ó Arianna trails off, confusion written all over her face. ÒHow do you know heÕs ÔroughÕ?Ó


 


Thankfully, Kay has almost mastered pulling off her poker faces. ÒGirl,Ó she laughs and rolls her eyes, putting her hand on her, now, poked out hip. ÒIÕm a cheerleader now, remember? Kendall wasnÕt always prince charming ya know? He done fucked almost the whole damn squad. Them bitches talk.Ó


 


ÒOh,Ó Arianna frowns, not because she doesnÕt believe her best friend. No, she frowns because she had almost entirely forgotten about KendallÕs infamous playboy past. She had truly tamed the beast. Well, the promiscuous side of the beast at leastÉ


 


ÒOkay,Ó Maya breaks Arianna out of her thoughts. ÒWhy donÕt you go put your clothes on before I finish your makeup. I donÕt want anything ruining my masterpiece.Ó


 


Aria laughs, ÒOkay, miss thang.Ó 


 


Both girls wait until the other girl leaves the room before conversing. 


 


ÒHave you lost your damn mind?!Ó Maya whispers harshly. ÒAre you trying to get your ass kicked?Ó


 


Kay rolls her eyes, ÒWould you chill the fuck out? It slipped, okay? ItÕs not like I wanted to tell her.Ó


 


ÒBut you almost did!Ó Maya throws her hands up. ÒThat shit would have been so bad,Ó She shakes her head. ÒI still say you should have just told her when it happened.Ó


 


ÒHave you lost your damn mind?!Ó Kay shoots back. ÒThereÕs no way in hell I was going to, nor will I ever tell her I fucked Kendall.Ó


 


The fact that she had slept with her best friends boyfriend wasnÕt something Kay liked thinking about, let alone talking about. She was drunk out of her mind one night, and so was he. They were both wasted at a party. Still, that was no excuse. The following morning, they both felt beyond awful. He was damn near in tears, and physically on his knees as he pleaded with Kay not to tell Aria. After much debate and not wanting to lose her best friend and especially hurt her, Kay agreed to keep that night to herself. The following few weeks after that, Kay and Kendall avoided each other like the plague. However, the few times they were in the same area, Maya noticed the awkwardness. Kay confessed and Maya, although reluctant, agreed to keep the secret. 


 


ÒI still say you should have. I donÕt know how you can handle the guilt.Ó Maya shakes her head. 


 


Kaydence snorts, ÒOh, IÕve forgiven myself a long time ago for that.Ó A beat. ÒNaw, itÕs the knowing that Aria will never be able to forgive me.Ó She looks down, ÒThatÕs that shit I canÕt handle.Ó


 


OoOoOoOo


 


Meanwhile, a nervous Arianna stares at the refection in her full-length mirror. Actually, sheÕs having a hard time accepting the sight in front of her. This isnÕt her. It canÕt be. Her midsection, upper arms, and thighs are laced with old and new bruises. Her back is the worse though. Thankfully, the length of her hair helps to conceal that. 


 


Cautiously, she brings her hands to softly graze her neck, which seems to be KendallÕs favorite place to attack. SheÕs lost count of how many times heÕs nearly strangled her to unconsciousness. Miraculously though, sheÕs never had bruising there. Still, lack of physical evidence doesnÕt mean an absence of pain.


 


Closing her eyes to the despicable sight in front of her, she thinks back to the real first time the abuse started.


 


Flashback within Flashback (A/N: CouldnÕt think of another way to phrase that lmao)


 


IÕm laying down on the sofa in the Barnes mansion. Sighing, I check the time again. 6:45. I frown. Kendall finishes basketball practice at 5:30. There isnÕt that much traffic in the damn world. Plus, I hate being left alone in this big ass house. ItÕs almost intimidating.


 


ItÕs been two weeks since the catastrophic anniversary dinner and things havenÕt exactly been smooth sailing between us. We fight over every little thing. HeÕs so confrontational. Even worse, his temper only seems to be getting worseÉ.


 


"Take out,Ó the sound of someone outside the front door yells, along with the ring of the doorbell.


 


ÒFinally,Ó I smile, getting up and walking to open up the door. ÒHello,Ó I greet the deliveryman who seems only interested in getting his tip.


 


He hurriedly passes the bag to me, ÒThat will be $26.28Ó


 


I roll my eyes and reach in the back pocket of my jeans. I hand him the crisp $50 bill Kendall left me to get the food before heading off to practiceÉif thatÕs where he even is.


 


The rude man rolls his eyes too, realizing heÕs going to have to figure out how much change he owes me.


 


ÒJust keep it,Ó he looks at me with confusion. ÒThe change,Ó I clarify. He smiles now. ÒHave a nice night,Ó I move to close the door not even wanting to hear anything else he has to say.


 


Heading to the kitchen, I place the bags on the counter and take out all of the plastic containers. Reaching in the cabinet with the dishes, I pull out two plates. Placing a decent amount of food on my plate, I reach in the fridge, grab a can of Sprite, and sit down to eat my food. After saying grace, IÕm about to lift the fork into my mouth when I hear noise coming from the back.


 


Tensing up, I rise up cautiously and position myself close to the expensive knife set adjacent to the ovens. I prepare for the worst.


 


Instead, IÕm met with an annoyed looking Kendall. I frown. HeÕs dressed in a different outfit he wore to school today. Usually, after practice, he hits the showers and changes into the same thing he wore earlier that day. Why deviate from the norm?


 


He walks into the kitchen without saying a word, grabs his plate, and starts piling food on top.


 


Oh hell no. This nigga is not about to ignore me. I wait until he sits down at the table, before sitting directly across from him.


 


ÒWell hello to you too,Ó I sass, crossing my arms.


 


He glances at me for a second, ÒHi.Ó


 


I glare, ÒWhatÕs up with you?Ó


 


ÒNothing. Aight? I just had a hard day at practice ok?Ó


 


I sigh, ÒWell, IÕm sure youÕll feel better soon.Ó He better. ÒWhy did you come in so late?Ó


 


He sighs heavily, ÒAria, you know where I was r11; practice. DonÕt play dumb.Ó


 


Huffing, I try hard to hold my tongue, but IÕm getting so sick and tired of his attitude lately. Shit is starting to get annoying.


 


ÒOh really?Ó I quip an eyebrow. ÒI didnÕt even realize. Kinda hard to believe that, with you coming home in a completely different outfit, smelling like some cheap ass Vanilla scented perfume.Ó A beat. ÒBut yet, you were at practice.Ó He drops his fork on the table, but still doesnÕt say anything so I decide to continue. ÒI mean, I donÕt know any other basketball player that smells like vanillaÉSo you going to tell me where the fuck you were or naw? Cause it sure as hell wasnÕt practice.Ó Still nothing. ÒI bet you were at VanessaÕs house getting some pussy, Ò I accuse harshly, referring to this busty, blonde cheerleader thatÕs been after Kendall ever since we got together.


 


He finally looks up at me and chuckles, ÒSo is this how I get treated now?Ó


 


ÒI guess so,Ó I shrug.


 


He looks around and nods softly. Next thing I know, he leans across the table, grabs his cup of juice and throws it in my face.


 


I scream, my chair going back as I jump up in shock. ÒWhat the fuck is wrong with you?!Ó


 


ÒFirst you sit up here and question me about dumb shit, then you think I'm cheating on you?Ó He looks at me like IÕm insane. ÒI had to shut ya ass up.Ó


 


I go into the kitchen drawer and grab a towel out, drying myself off as best as possible. After that, I feel my anger growing. Stepping up to him, I shove him in his chair. Shocking to me, he jumps up out the chair and shoves me back. I stumble.


 


ÒDonÕt put your hands on me,Ó I spit harshly.


 


ÒYou pushed me first,Ó he counters.


 


ÒBecause you threw juice in my face!Ó I push him again. ÒFucking asshole!Ó Turning on my heel, I head into the living room.


 


He follows me, ÒNaw, where you going?Ó


 


I grab my purse off the sofa, ÒIÕm going home.Ó


 


He smacks his teeth, ÒGirl you better get your ass back over here.Ó


 


Turning to look at him, ÒOr what?Ó


 


He grabs by arms and pulls me into him, ÒKendall let go.Ó He just stares at me, so I smack him in his chest. That seems to send him off because next thing I know, heÕs shoved me on the floor.


 


He comes and stands over me, ÒImma tell ya ass once and you better listen good; Don't touch me. Cause if you hit me againÉit ain't gon be pretty.Ó


 


I jump up off the ground, ÒWhat the hell are you gonna do?!Ó I challenge boldly.


 


He closes his eyes tightly, ÒSwear to God girl. Imma kill you.Ó


 


I suck my teeth, ÒYou ain't gon do shi-Ó


 


Big mistake.


 


Before I even realize whatÕs happening, he has me by my throat. Pinned against the wall, I attempt to place my hands on top of his to get him off me somehow.


 


ÒKen,......plea-.....stop....Ó I manage to get out even though I can barely breathe.


 


ÒWhat?.....did you say something?Ó He teases. I try to speak again, but his grip only tightens. I feel my eyes start to water.


 


"What the hell you gonÕ do?" He cruelly mocks me. A beat. ÒDamn, you really know how to push a mans buttons.Ó


 


I canÕt help it. My eyes start to close and I can feel my heartbeat slow down.


 


I guess he notices too, because he finally lets me go.


 


ÒWhat the-Ó I start coughing profusely. ÒWhatÕs wrong with you?!Ó


 


He looks down at me like a mad man, ÒDo you not know when to shut up?!Ó I flinch as I notice him ball his fist up in the air. He bends down to my level. ÒGood girl,Ó he smiles evilly. ÒNow I suggest you go and get a towel and clean this shit up and when youÕre doneÉ.get the hell out of my house bitch.Ó


 


End Flashback within Flashback


 


How she ended up here, getting ready to give her abuser the one thing she can truly calls hers is above her. Deep down, she knows itÕs not right. But, she loves him. And, as the saying goes: love is blind.


 


OoOoOoOo


 


Aria POV


 


I always thought my first time would be special, amazing, hell-magical. This canÕt be far enough from it. Not only am I not Òturned onÓ or, as Kay would say Òsoaking wetÓ -


 


KendallÕs weight on top of me is suffocating.


 


ÒBaby,Ó I struggle to get out as Kendall unzips my dress from the back.


 


ÒHmm,Ó He responds, more interested in sucking on my neck than what I have to say.


 


ÒCan you,Ó I wince as he harshly rips my dress off leaving me in my red and black, matching bra and panties.


 


ÒFuck,Ó he stops for a second to let his eyes roam my body. I swear, IÕve never seen so much lust and want in his eyes. I frown slightly. How can he find me so attractive with all these bruises covering my body? ÒYou are so damn fine,Ó he groans, pulling his shirt off and laying down on top of me.


 


ÒKendall,Ó I whimper in protest as he unhooks my bra and throws it off to the side of the room. I feel myself tense as I notice his pants are now off, leaving him in his boxers. Damn, this nigga works fast!


 


ÒKendall!Ó He stops, and my eyes widen in shock at the loudness of my voice. ÒI donÕt wanna do this anymoreÉÓ


 


ÒWhat?Ó He looks at me with aggravation, but quickly swallows that emotion down and replaces it with faux sympathy. ÒI promise I wonÕt hurt you.Ó


 


I shake my head, ÒI donÕt know-Ó


 


ÒBabe listen,Ó he starts with frustration evident in his voice. ÒI know you just heard me say it wasn't gonna hurt so I don't get what the fuck is the problem...youÕre ready and I'm definitely ready to take that next step with you.Ó


 


I sigh, ÒI know, I...I just don't think the timing is right...like where we are in our relationship?Ó


 


ÒOur relationship?Ó He scoffs. ÒArianna do you hear yourself right now? We have been dating for a almost a year. Now as a "Man" I had to wait for almost one whole fucking year, just so you would give me some..É.and now you taking about you don't wanna do this?


 


ÒWell,Ó I pause, almost already knowing where this is headed. ÒYeahÓ


 


ÒYea?Ó He mocks, and I swear, right then is where the demon comes out.


 


He pins me down to the bed, one hand restraining my wrists while the other tries to pry my legs apart.


 


 ÒArianna open your damn legs or else we gonÕ have a problem!Ó He shouts as I begin to let my tears fall.


 


ÒStop,Ó I plead, ÒKendall, please donÕt do this!Ó


 


He smirks down at me, ÒThereÕs nowhere to turn Ari Bear. ItÕs just you, me, and this bed.Ó


 


Hell no. I canÕt let it happen like this. I refuse to. I donÕt know how, but I somehow manage to get the upper hand and am able to knee him in his crotch. He falls beside me, and I waste no time in jumping up and trying to run out. Of course, IÕm too slow and heÕs too fast. Before, I know it; IÕm back on the bed again.


 


ÒFuck this,Ó he jumps up off the bed and grabs his phone out of his jean pocket.


 


Shit.


 


ÒWhat are you doing?Ó I question, my voice shaking.


 


ÒCalling Jamie to come get your dumbass,Ó My mouth shuts. Has he lost his damn mind?! ÒYou donÕt wanna be with me so take your teasing ass back home!Ó


 


My eyes widen. Jamie will fucking kill me. Literally.


 


ÒDo you wanna go home?Ó He smirks evilly. He knows damn well I canÕt. Silence. I wince loudly when he grabs my thigh, squeezing tightly. ÒDo you?!Ó


 


I look down. I donÕt have much of a choice now.


 


ÒNo,Ó I answer quietly.


 


He smiles, and throws his phone in a distant corner. ÒThatÕs my girl.Ó I cringe.


 


HeÕs back on top of me again, pinning me down, blackness all in his eyes. ÒOk then, this is how it's gonna go down. I'm gonna fuck you and youÕre gonna like it.Ó He chuckles cockily, ÒBetter yet, I shouldn't even have to tell you to like it cause I already know that you will and if you even think about resistingÉ.Ó His voice grows deeper and darker. ÒYou will make it worse but only for yourself, got it?Ó


 


I look up at him. This is the man who promised to never hurt me. To always protect me. Everything has been nothing but a lie. But, I canÕt blame him fully. No, this is my fault. I put myself in this situationÉnow I have to face the consequences.


 


ÒOkayÓ


 


The next twenty, if that, minutes are torture. Kaydence said it would hurt at first and God did it hurt, but not at first. No, the entire ordeal was painful. For me at least. Kendall seemed to be in heaven as he thrust in and out of me for what felt like forever but was actually not that long. He came rather quickly and before I did. Even worse, when he was done, he plopped down on top of me making it hard for me to breathe. And to top it all off, when I tried to ask him to release some of his weight from on top of me, he got even more upset and although he got off, he pushed me so hard I fell off the bed.


 


Not wanting him to see my tears, with my head down, I made my way to the bathroom closing it and locking it. Turning on the sink and shower on, I let the water drown out the sound of my soft, but heartfelt sobs. And in that moment, I swear, I donÕt know which hurt more: my body or my heart.


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


End Notes:

So sorry loves. Time is not on my side. I hadn't realized it's been this long. Good news though, the other site I have this story posted on is about ten chapters ahead of you all.

Side Note: I would usually post the chapters at different times on the sites so I suppose that's how I've fallen behind on keeping you all updated. Smh.

Anyhow, its almost 1am where I live and I would post another chapter along with this one, but I'm exhausted and not really up for editing it so I'll post another one tomorrow. Hope you all enjoy and as always, thanks SO much for the feedback! 

 

~Amber

Game Nights {Part 1} by DramaQueenAmby
Author's Notes:

I'm gonna upload Part 1 and 2 tonight since it took so long for me to get them up. Sorry ya'll!


ÒRemind me again why weÕre doing this?Ó


 


I roll my eyes at his question, ÒBecause itÕs gonna be fun.Ó


 


He snorts, ÒBefore or after the fights break out?Ó


 


I shake my head, reaching for the shampoo as I distribute a generous amount into my hair. ÒThatÕs not gonna happen again.Ó


 


ÒEmphasis on the ÔagainÕ,Ó he adds.


 


You see, Colin is leaving for his training tomorrow morning and while he wants us to spend his last night alone, I think it would be nice to invite our friends over for a get together and game night. We havenÕt all gotten together since our L.A. trip.


 


Rinsing my hair one more time, I reach my hand out for him to pass me the large towel on the counter beside him. Wrapping it around my head tightly, I rise up from the sink and look at him. HeÕs adjacent to me, leaning back against the counter with his arms crossed.


 


ÒThings are going to be different tonight,Ó I sigh. ÒWeÕre all doing better,Ó I continue, referring to that interesting weekend in LA a few weeks ago where all hell seemed to break loose and yet, bring us all closer together. I know. DonÕt ask. I suppose life is just strange like that sometimes. ÒMaya and Derrick-Ò


 


ÒArgue more now over stupid shit than they did before they started dating.Ó


 


I bite my lip, ÒKay and Ricardo-Ò


 


ÒHe says sheÕs been avoiding him like the plague.Ó


 


I frown, ÒI have noticed she seems a little distant lately.Ó Shaking my head, I press on, ÒEven more reason for us to have them all over. Get to the bottom of things.Ó


 


ÒOr make shit worse,Ó he mutters.


 


I click my teeth and move to walk away from him.


 


HeÕs annoying the shit out of me right now.


 


Of course, heÕs not going to let me go so easy. No. Instead, he grabs my wrist and spins me around to face him. With a ridiculous amount of ease, he switches our positions so IÕm against the counter as he lifts me up and sits me down.


 


Setting in between my legs, he places his arms on either side of me. IÕm trapped.


 


Shit.


 


ÒAll IÕm saying,Ó I instantly feel my stomach drop at the sincerity in his voice. Seriously. That Southern drawl, those hypnotic eyes, the way his white wife beater clings to his muscular arms. ItÕs taking everything in me not to give in to his wishes. HeÕs just so damn fine. ÒIs I donÕt see why you and I canÕt just spend my last night here alone. Together. Without all the B.S.Ó


 


I grab his shirt by the abdomen, crumpling it slightly, Òand we can.Ó A small smile appears on his face. ÒAfter they all leave.Ó There goes the smile.


 


He groans, throwing his head back, ÔFine.Ó A beat. ÒYou gotta answer something for me though.Ó


 


Now itÕs my turn to groan, ÒI have a feeling IÕm not gonna like this.Ó Silence. ÒBut okay, shoot.Ó


 


Shit. IÕm starting to regret this already.


 


He looks at me intently. His eyes searching mine forÉ.I honestly have no idea and that scares me. It scares me to my core.


 


My legs involuntarily clench together as I feel his fingers start to graze down my arm. He goes at an antagonizing, slow pace before stopping on the side of my right breast. His thumb moves in a circular motion causing me to hiss. Dios, the things this man does to me without even trying.


 


ÒWhy wonÕt you let me make love to you?Ó


 


Yup. I was right. I knew I wasnÕt going to like it. Damn. I should have known this was coming though. I mean, itÕs only natural he would ask. WeÕve done almost everything and then some. Literally. Let it be known, Colin fucking Kaepernick is a freak. I thought Kay was bad, but I have a bruise on the back of my head from hitting it on the damn lintel (top of the door) the other night. IÕll let your imagination and common sense allow you to figure out how that shit happenedÉ.


 


But I always stop him before we can really seal the deal, if you will. Or, he senses my apprehension and will stop on his own accord. And because heÕs beyond fucking perfect, heÕs never tried to push me. But, heÕs still a man and men have needs. He has a right to ask. Every right.


 


I scoff sadly, and look down, ÒWould you believe me if I told you the amount of times IÕve been in love, the number of boyfriends IÕve had, and how many times IÕve had sex are all the same?Ó He looks shocked. ÒItÕs true. Once. My first and only, pretty much everything was with the same person. He was my all and I swear there wasnÕt a damn thing I wouldnÕt do for that man.Ó I bite the inside of my cheek, diverting my eyes to the wall adjacent to us. ÒNow I wish I never met him,Ó I admit sadly, looking down again. ÒThe point is Colin,Ó I sigh heavily, finally allowing my gaze to land on him. ÒMy first and only time was awful and after that, I promised myself I wouldnÕt do it again until I was married, madly in love and beyond 100% sure I was ready. None of which were applicable for dumbass sixteen year old Arianna.Ó Rolling my eyes, I allow my voice to take a slight playful tone.


 


I bite my lip.


 


ÒAnd while we are in fact married and crazy in love, no pun intended-Ò He chuckles at my attempt of a joke. ÒIÉI donÕt wanna give myself to you fully when I know deep down, thereÕs still that tiny portion inside of me thatÕs stillÉreluctant ya know?Ó He opens his mouth to say something, but of course, I have to keep talking. ÒI mean, itÕs not that I donÕt want to. Believe me, I really want to. I mean look at you,Ó I raise an eyebrow, biting my lip harder this time. YouÕre fine as hell-Ò


 


ÒAria-Ò


 


ÒOff topic I know, but I know itÕs not fair to you to have to continue to wait-Ò


 


ÒBaby-Ò


 


ÒEspecially since youÕve been beyond patient as hell and understanding with my crazy ass-Ò Next thing I know, I donÕt even get a chance to finish my babbling rant because his lips are mine silencing me. I swear, it doesnÕt matter how many times this man kisses me, the feeling never gets old. Literally. I still get the same butterflies I got when we had our first one.


 


My hands, without even realizing it, make their way around his neck. Pulling him closer to me, I feel him smirk into the kiss as he grabs my ass tugging me into him.


 


ÒYou talk way too much sometimes,Ó he finally says drawing away from me, leaving me breathless and him seemingly okay. I pout. ItÕs like he never gets tired or exhausted. How is that even possible? ÒBefore you decided to go all Shakespeare on me with that long ass monologue-Ò I glare playfully. ÒI was trying to tell you that you didnÕt have to explain yourself to me. Not to that extent at least.Ó Our chests are practically touching (mostly because of my big ass boobs, but I digress) as he pulls me even closer to him. DidnÕt know that was even possible. ÒIs it hard? Hell yeah.Ó


 


ÒCourtesy of moi,Ó I tease, smiling innocently when he rolled his eyes.


 


ÒBut itÕs like you said, IÕm crazy about you and if I have to wait then thatÕs what Imma do,Ó he finishes sincerely, his country ass accent thicker than usually. ÒBesides,Ó my smile drops and my thighs clench together as his voice lowers an octave. ÒI need you to be ready to take all this d-Ò


 


ÒStoppp,Ó I laugh, smacking him on his bicep. ÒYou piss me the fuck off you know that? Nasty ass.Ó


 


ÒYou should know,Ó he counters, head settling in the crook of my neck. ÒLady in the street, but a freak in the sheets.Ó He murmurs against my skin, his lips planting soft kisses around the soft area.


 


I decide to humor him, ÒS—lo para ti papi.Ó


 


I smile as he groans in my neck, ÒYou ainÕt right.Ó


 


HeÕs made it known countless times that me speaking to him in Spanish is a major turn on for him. Especially when I call him papi.


 


ÒBut you still love me,Ó I cheese mad hard. I swear, I play too much. Only with him though. Only with himÉ


 


ÒWhat-Colin!Ó I shriek as he suddenly flings me over his shoulder. I suddenly remember the towel wrapped around my damp hair. Holding it close to my head, I secure it so it doesnÕt fall off. ÒPut me down now! What are you-Ò I moan slightly as I feel him adjust my position on his shoulder. His hands just so happen to slightly graze my womanhood. I notice weÕre headed for the steps. ÒBaby,Ó I all but whine. ÒWe donÕt have time and my hair is wet! You know I hate having a wet head. Shit is aggravating to me.Ó


 


ÒThat wonÕt be the only thing wet when I get done with your ass.Ó


 


OoOOoOo


 


"Yes!"


 


"No!"


 


"Yes!"


 


"I said no Goddamnit!"


 


"I don't give a fuck what you said. I said yes!"


 


"You're the only one who wants them Derrick!"


 


"No I'm not!"


 


"Yes, the fuck you are!"


 


"No, I'm-"


 


"Enough!" Ricardo yells, clearly fed up. He's not the only one.... "Why don't we just do this? We'll get four pizzas instead of three. One cheese for me and Kaep. One pepperoni for Kay and Aria. One Supreme WITH bacon for Derrick and one WITHOUT for Maya."


 


Maya scoffs, "What makes you think I'm able to eat a whole pizza by myself?"


 


"What makes you think you have the right to get your own pizza instead of having to share like the rest of us?" Derrick mutters.


 


Maya's eyes widen, "You're getting your own too dumbass so shut the fuck up!"


 


"What makes you think I won't put all yaÕll asses out my house if you BOTH don't just shut the hell up?" Colin demands, grabbing the flyer for the pizza place and pulling out his phone. He shakes his head and looks at me, gesturing for me to follow him into the kitchen. "Still think this is a good idea?"


 


I roll my eyes, "The night is still young."


 


"Great, more time for them to kill each other." He smiles sarcastically, before someone on the other end answers the phone and he begins to place the order.


I shake my head and go into the living room where everyone else is. Of course, true to their relationship, they're acting all fine and shit. Like they werenÕt about to rip each other a new one. Kay and Ricardo also both seem to be in good mood. Sitting close to each other and talking quietly amongst themselves.


 


I frown. Something's off. Her smile is not meeting her eyes. She's not her usual loud, ghetto self. I talked to Maya about it earlier (after Colin and I finishedÉ.well, ya know) and she even agrees with me. She said she asked her if anything was wrong, but she just claimed it was lack of sleep lately that was finally catching up to her. Bull. Something is up with her, and I'm determined to find out what it is. Tonight.


 


"They won't mind, right chicas?" I'm broken out of my thoughts by Maya's strangely, excessively, sweet voice. Kay and I both give her the "I have no idea what you're talking about" face. "Derrick is gonna let us play Wii sports since it's apparently the easiest and he's starting the bets ridiculously low till we get a hang of things." She smiled sweetly, leaning up to kiss Derrick on the cheek.


 


God, I fucking love her.


 


Kay matches my smirk, "Yeah I'm good with that." A beat. "What sports does it offer?"


 


"Uhh Tennis, Baseball, Golf, Boxing, and Bowling I think," Ricardo replies.


 


"I'll try Tennis," Maya pipes. "Can't be that hard right?"


 


Derrick smirks arrogantly, "Of course not babe. I'll even take it easy on you."


 


"Don't patronize me asshole," she glares.


 


"I'll take a whack at baseball," Kay volunteers. "I mean I watch it all the time."


 


"You watch the players asses Kay," Maya sighs.


 


"Same difference," She waves off her correction.


 


"I guess I'll do boxing then," I shrug my shoulders casually.


 


"Boxing?" Colin's voice and sudden presence behind me startle me. He informs us that the pizza should be here in about twenty minutes before we give him a quick update about the game situation. He snakes his arms around my waist, looking down at me, "Boxing though? You sure about that babe?"


 


I shrug, "ItÕs like Maya said; how bad can it be?"


 


All three men, including Colin, stifle a snort.


 


"Alright, so couple against couple in the ladies chosen sport, and bets start at $50 per game?" Ricardo confirms, we all nod. "Sounds good to me."


 


"So we're starting now?"


 


Derrick answers me, "Yup. Do you guys wanna connect your Wii controllers now or wait till you do the practice exercises?"


 


"We can wait, but can we all just practice our sports first and then like start? I hate having to switch between each sport." Maya requests, securing the remote to her wrist.


 


"Sure," Colin answers, moving to go sit down on the sofa, dragging me with him.


 


"Perfect," Kay smiles.


 


Maya goes first, and of course, she's God awful. Then Kay follows suit. And lastly, me. Needless to say, we're all pretty damn bad. The huge shit-eating grin on all of the guys faces just makes this all the more better.


 


When it's time for the real games to actually start, we pull out our own Wii remotes and connect them.


 


"Hey, hold on," Derrick's smile slowly starts to drop. "How is your skill level that high? All beginners start at zero. Unless..."


 


"She played you my nigga," Colin claps loudly and begins laughing. Ricardo soon joins in.


 


"But," Derrick falters. "Why?"


 


"Should have let her get the pizza she wanted my nigga..." Colin shakes his head.


 


"The fuck Maya?!" He basically whines. "You're over 1000 for fucks sake! That's beyond pro!"


 


"Game on motherfucker," Maya smirks, shaking her head from left to right to loosen up her muscles.


 


Game on indeed. One things for sure; this is going to be one hell of a night.


 


Game Nights {Part 2} by DramaQueenAmby

“I want a rematch!” Derrick pants, wiping the slight sheen of sweat on his forehead. “Start that shit over again!”

 

Maya smirks, gulping down a decent amount of water, before throwing the empty bottle to the side. “Why? Won’t make a difference. Imma whoop that ass just like I been doing.”

 

“Yeah D,” Ricardo chimes, coming back from the kitchen after dumping his and Kay’s plate. “Let the rest of us get our turns.”

 

“Not until I beat her,” the NBA player vowed.

 

“You’re not gonna beat her Derrick,” Kay throws her hands up. “The sooner you realize that the better!” Rising up off the sofa, Wii remote in hand, she goes and stands in front of him. “Now step aside so someone who actually has a chance of winning can play.”

 

Derrick, mumbling along the way, ripped the controller off his wrist and tossed it to Ricardo who caught it without even trying.

 

“I expect to have my money by the end of the night too boo,” Maya teases, disconnecting her controller so Kay can connect hers.

 

“Fuck you Maya,” Derrick grunts, plopping down on the sofa, pulling out his phone.

 

“It’s just a game dude,” I remind him, attempting to make him feel better. “Plus, if it makes you feel any better, Maya has been playing tennis since like elementary school.”

 

“Gee thanks Arianna,” Derrick says with a huge fake ass smile. “Might have mentioned that shit a bit sooner, like before I was out $200 bucks.”

 

Maya quips an eyebrow going to sit next to him. “Umm if you seriously hurting for $200 then we need to talk about your finances. Cause I don’t fuck with broke ass niggas.”

 

“You really know how to cheer a man up Maya,” Kaydence shakes her head. Reaching in the back pocket of her shorts, she pulls out a hair tie and secures it around her full hair, giving her a high ponytail.

 

“It ain’t even about that,” Colin sounds from under me. You already know where I am so no since in even saying it. “Bro just upset he got beat by a girl. His girl at that.”

 

Woman,” Maya corrects, throwing her long legs on top of Derrick. Her eyes glance over to his phone and she must see something, because I can see her jaw shift, eyes squint, and arms cross. “Who ya talking to?”

 

He looks at her briefly before clicking something on his phone and putting it away, “Nobody.” His answer comes out way too fast, and smooth for my liking and clearly Maya’s too.

 

She pauses before shrugging her shoulders, “Okay.” She looks away from him, focusing her eyes on the TV screen. Oh damn. She’s pissed now. I know. Derrick should have just told her who it was he was texting. Shit is bound to come back up later tonight. So not looking forward to that.

 

“You ready?” Ricardo asks Kay who was starring off into space. She nods. He looks at the screen and presses play. His reaction as both of their Mii’s appear on their screen is hilarious. “Oh hell naw,” he moans, throwing his left arm up, doing a 180 before he turns to look back at her. “How the HELL is your skill level a damn 3000?! I didn’t even know shit went that high.”

 

“She probably been playing baseball since elementary school,” Derrick mumbles from the sofa. “Right Aria?” He throws back at me sourly. I roll my eyes. He really is not good at losing clearly.

 

“Actually,” Kay smirks. “Wii was the first time I had ever played baseball. But I’m a dancer Rico, and a Performance Art major. Hand eye coordination, attention to detail, quick reflexes-“

 

“Yeah yeah,” Ricardo waves off her explanation. “Basically, I’m fucked. You want your money now or naw?”

 

She giggles “Aww come on, you never know. You might get lucky babe.”

“How lucky?” Ricardo smirks, looking at her with lustful eyes.

 

“Eww,” I grimace. “Nobody wants to hear about your freaky ass sexual escapades.”

 

“Look who’s talking,” Maya smirks, looking over at Colin and I. “The freak of the week herself.”

 

“How’s that bruise anyway Aria?” Kay questions innocently, cocking her head to one side. I swear; I really do hate them some days.

 

“That’s my nigga,” Derrick nods proudly, placing his hands behind his head. “Always putting in work.”

 

Gasping, I turn around to look at Colin who has his eyes everywhere except on me. “You told him?!” I shriek, feeling warmness grow in my cheeks.

 

“And me,” Ricardo laughs, enjoying this little conversation entirely too much.

 

Finally, my big-mouthed ass husband looks at me. “You told Kaydence!”

 

“And Maya,” my former best friend chimes. “Can’t forget me.”

 

Sucking my teeth, I turn back around and cross my arms. Colin pulls me into him, leaning down and whispering in my ear. “Still glad you invited them over?”

 

“Shut up Colin.”

 

OoOoOoOo

 

“This the last time I ever do any bets with your scheming ass,” Ricardo mutters bitterly, counting out his cash after a quick run to the ATM.

 

“Pleasure doing business with you Mr. Lockette,” Kay replies sweetly, accepting the $300 cash before placing it in her bra.

 

“Did you even score any points at all man?” Derrick questions, shaking his head as Ricardo heads into the kitchen, but not before flipping him off.

 

“That was a sweep,” Colin laughs, as I feel him shift underneath me. “You ready to go babe?”

 

“Hell yeah,” I exclaim, untangling my legs and standing up. Stretching my arms, I walk across the room and grab my Wii controller off the table.

 

“We need some music up in here cause I’m getting tired of hearing the same ol’ boring ass shit from ya’ll,” Maya complains, getting up as well and grabbing the remote for the house’s sound system. It’s actually pretty badass. Colin’s house has speakers located in almost every room allowing for a song, or different songs to play at the same time.

 

“Hits Playlist,” Maya says aloud, looking at the remote. “Shuffle and play.”

 

“Ayyee,” I start twirling my hips to the hypnotic beat of ‘Trap Queen’ by Fetty Wap.

 

This.Is.My.Damn.Song.

 

“I’m like ‘hey, wassup, hello’,“ Kay and I start singing along to the song. Did I mention she loves this song probably even more than I do? “Seen your pretty ass soon as you came in the door.”

 

“I swear; ya’ll piss me the fuck off. Deadass.” Maya complains, going and sitting back down on the sofa. We ignore her as we continue to sing along.

 

“Why?” Colin questions, clearly amused by the sight. “You don’t like this song?”

 

“I did,” she responds, stressing the last word. “Until Destiny’s Child decided to play and sing it 24/7 almost every fucking drive to and from work.”

 

“Don’t be mad because we made you Michelle Maya,” Kay smirks, as she slow grinds on me. “Hence why you never get to participate.”

 

“Yo,” Ricardo announces, walking back in with a drink in hand. “I don’t know what the fuck I missed,” he says keeping his eyes on Kaydence on I as move my body in sync with her sensual movements. “But I am so down.”

 

“And I get high with my baby, I just left the mall I’m getting fly with my baby, yeahhh,” Kay sings solo, before looking at me to take the next verse. Yes, we have our self-assigned “parts.” Don’t judge.

 

“And I can ride with my baby, I be in the kitchen cooking pies with my baby.” I sing, laughing as I notice all three men have their phones out recording us.

 

“…I be in the kitchen cooking pies. I’m like ‘hey, wassup, hello!’” We finish together. The guys whistle and clap for us as Maya just rolls her eyes, but with a smile on her face.

 

“Hey,” Derrick starts, with an impressed look on his face. “I didn’t know ya’ll could sing like that.”

 

“Of course we can sing silly,” Kay laughs, with a wave of her hand. “You can’t just be a Performance Art and Drama major without being able to carry a note.”

 

I nod, as Colin types on his phone. I swear, if he puts me on Snapchat again. I’m gonna flip shit.

 

 “You ready for me to shut your ass down Kaepernick?” I smirk, as he looks up at me returns my smirk. Throwing his phone toward the sofa, he looks back at me and raises his chin.

 

“You sure talking a lot of shit for someone who’s about to have they 3ft ass handed to em’.”

 

::.Maya POV.::

 

I smile to myself as my best friend and her man go back and forth with insults, taunts, and such. I’m still not 100% okay, per se, with this whole situation. I mean, they got together via a wild night of drinking and ended up married. Things like this just don’t happen. Especially not to people like us. But, I’ve never seen Arianna this happy so whatever makes her happy, or rather, whoever makes her happy, I’ll support wholeheartedly.

 

I look up when I feel Derrick playing with my legs. He lets his fingers trail up the bare skin.

 

Derrick

 

This man has got me all fucked up. I tried for the longest to ignore my feelings for him. Allowing yourself to get caught up in emotions can only lead to heartbreak. Colton taught me that better than any nigga I’ve ever dated. Men are just dogs in general though. Derrick is different though. Is he annoying as hell? Yeah. Does he always seem to say the wrong thing at the wrong time? Hell yeah. But does he seem to stick by and with me no matter how bad I treat him? Absolutely.

 

I can’t front. There are times when I intentionally try to kick shit off with him just to see his reaction and every time he always proves my assumptions wrong. It’s like he knows I’m trying to see if he’s gonna end up fucking me over like everyone else. He’s determined to prove me wrong though and I’m not gonna lie, his dedication to me, to us, makes my heart warm.

 

I didn’t know if that shit was even possible.

 

My thoughts are interrupted when I feel my phone vibrate in my chest. Benefits of having big boobs?  Convenient ass cell holders. Pulling out my iPhone, I type in the passcode to see it’s a message from Derrick.

 

I look up at him, cocking my head to the side, “Really?”

 

He looks at me innocently, “What?” I shake my head. “Open it.”

 

“What if I don’t want to?” I suck my teeth.

 

He mimics my actions, “Girl, if you don’t stop and just open the damn message.”

 

“You lucky we ain’t at my place or I’d rip ya ass a new one for talking to me like that,” I mutter, but finally giving in and opening his aggy ass text. It’s a picture. Scrunching my eyebrows, I open it to see it’s an Instagram link. Clicking the link, I’m redirected to the app. It brings me to a picture on Derrick’s page. A picture of me. He had to have taken it tonight because it was clearly shot from the angle where he’s sitting right now. Identical to our current position, I’m looking towards the TV with a smile on my face, one arm against the back of the sofa, and the other on the arm rest.

Caption: I done took ya heart girl. Hold it up for ransom.

 

I smile broadly. See what I mean? Nigga is knocking down all of my damn walls.

 

Biting my lip, I like the picture and comment: We don’t wanna never end.

 

Clicking the photo icon, I go through my gallery and pick a pre-formatted (aka a picture I’ve already resized on Square Ready) of Derrick and me. It’s from a few days ago. I remember it almost like it was yesterday. We were in bed. Yeah, we were naked but you can’t see anything. He’s hovered over me, face nuzzled in my neck with only the top part of my right breast visible with the rest being Derrick’s bare back. I don’t have any makeup on, and my hair wild as hell (hint hint), but my eyes are closed and the content look on my face is perfect. I add the caption:

 

Swear I don’t want nobody but you baby…

 

Satisfied, I post, screenshot, and send to Derrick before slipping my phone back in my bra.

 

Looking under my eyelashes, I internally chuckle when I see the big ass smile appear on his face as he seems to open my message. I prepare to make a smartass comment when I notice his smile drops almost immediately as it’s replaced by a scowl.

 

“Ayo R, let me holla at you for a second bruh.” He announces with an eye roll, and carefully moves my legs off him. “I’ll be right back,” he informs, looking at me apologetically.

 

I don’t respond, and instead cut my eyes at him and look toward the TV. Too much? Maybe. But it seems like lately shit always seems to come up with him at the worse times. It has to do with whoever has been texting him. Who he’s been texting. Like, we were actually having a moment or whatever and he chooses now to just walk out. Whatever. Two can play that game.

 

I wait until Derrick and Ricardo exit out onto the patio.

 

“Kay,” she looks at me. “Come with me to the bathroom.”

 

“But the game is getting good,” she whines, motioning to Colin and Aria who are going at it hard as fuck. Honestly, you would think they’re fighting each other for their lives. It’s actually really entertaining, but I need to ask Kay what’s going on with her (for real) and I can’t do it in the presence of Colin.

 

“Oh, shut up and come on.”

 

She groans, and puts her drink down before following me upstairs and into the guest bathroom.

 

“What? I don’t wanna miss too much.” She says immediately, closing and locking the door behind her.

 

I close the toilet seat and sit down, getting my thoughts together.

 

“Maya?” She questions after I don’t say anything. “Bitch, if you don’t spit it out-“

 

“Kaydence, what’s going on with you?” I look her dead in the eyes. “And don’t give me that, lack of sleep bullshit. Something is up with you and we not leaving this damn bathroom until I find out what it is.” She looks at me and I can almost swear I see her gulp. “Get to talking woman.”

 

::.No one’s POV.::

 

Ricardo simply watches the point guard pace across the patio for a good five minutes before he finally says something.

 

“Look D,” he says with a sigh. “I ain’t come out here to watch you walk. So-“

 

“She’s pregnant.”

 

Ricardo’s annoyed expression immediately drops. He heard him wrong. He had to.

 

“Maya not pregnant Derrick,” he shakes his head, trying to convince himself more than anything.

 

“You’re right, she’s not.” Derrick confirms

Ricardo places his hand over his chest, “Derrick that shit ain’t funny. I was about to-“

 

“But Diamond is.”

 

::.Arianna POV.::

 

“See,” I take another swing at Colin who dodges it. “This wasn’t so bad after all.”

 

“Well,” he curses as I manage to get him in his side. “Considering everyone has scattered and we’re finally alone.” This time, I curse as he jabs me. “Yeah, I guess it wasn’t so bad.”

 

I smile, and shake my head. “So what time do I need to be up tomorrow anyway?”

 

He glances at me, “For what?”

 

Taking that opportunity, I manage to knock him out. Unfortunately, this was only his first, so he’ll be up in no time.

 

“To bring you to the airport duh.” I answer wish a small smile.

 

“Oh,” he says plainly. My smile falters. “About that,” we turn our attention back to the TV as his Mii finally gets up. “I already have a ride.”

 

The fuck?

 

“Oh,” I unintentionally repeat him. “Who?”

 

“My mom,” he answers reluctantly. Seriously? He’s gonna have that poor woman come out at God knows what time when I can do it? Nope.

 

“Colin, why would you ask Mama Teresa to come bring you when I can just as easily do it?”

 

He takes a few moments to respond, as he hits my Mii with a whooping blow that knocks me out. Gotta wait for her to get up now. Shit.

“I never said it was her….” He trails off.

 

What? I’m so confused.

 

“If not her then,” I stop as realization dawns on me. “Your birth mother.”

 

Wait. Since when are they speaking? He hasn’t mentioned her at all, to me at least, since that luncheon I had with her, Mama T, and his whorish sister-in-law all those weeks ago.

 

“I didn’t realize you still spoke to her.”

 

“Why wouldn’t I?” He questions, sounding slightly offended. “Just because you don’t-“

 

Hold up.

 

I pause the game and look at him.

 

“What are you talking about? Colin, I’ve text your mother multiple times since I met her and not once has she text me back. Not once.”

 

It’s true. I thought maybe she got a new number or maybe even her phone was cut off, but hearing Colin saying he’s been in constant contact with her tells me that’s clearly not the case.

 

Now it’s his turn to look confused, “She told me she’s texted you multiple times and you’ve never responded.”

 

Okay. What.The.Fuck.

 

I shake my head, “I don’t know what she’s talking about Colin. Maybe there was a mix-up in numbers but I sure as hell haven’t heard from her, and according to her, she hasn’t heard from me.” I can see he’s a little bothered by the slight shade I just threw at that woman. I don’t care. Maybe there was in fact a screw up when we exchanged numbers. I don’t think so though. Something isn’t settling right with me. Why would she lie?

 

“Darth should be over tomorrow too by the way to check on you.”

Aw hell no. Shit keeps getting worse.

 

“Your brother-in-law?” Aka Mr. Feel-Em-Ups. “Why?” I grimace.

 

Colin rolls his eyes, “Cause I asked him and Linds to look after you and the house while I’m gone.”

 

My eyes widen. What the hell?! Tour guide Barbie too?! Hell no. Brother, I can tolerate, but not her. She’ll have my ass in jail for attempted murder.

 

“Wh-“ I struggle to create a sentence. “Colin, when the hell did you plan on telling me all this? Better yet, did you even think to ask me if I’m okay with your brother and Linds,” I mock the nickname he used for her. “-checking up on me like I’m some child-“

 

“This is why I didn’t want to tell you,” he rolls his eyes and moves to head for the kitchen. He slides off his controller and tosses it on the sofa. I do the same. “I knew you would react like this.”

 

Of course, I follow his ass.

 

“Act like what Colin?” I press, right on his heel. “Like a 21 year-old-woman who doesn’t like being monitored, or better yet dislikes being left out the loop until the last minute?” He just looks at me. “All I’m saying is I wish you would have communicated with me-“

 

“Communicate,” Colin chuckles sarcastically. “Aren’t you one to talk?”

 

I place my hand on my hip, “Excuse me?”

 

“What is your issue with my family anyway?” He questions directly. “You seem fine with my parents, but with my birth mother, Darth and Lindsay, it’s like you been feeling some type of way.”

 

I suck my teeth, “And even if I was, what difference would it make?” Silence. “Absolutely none.” I walk past him to get a drink out the fridge.

 

“Where are you going?” He asks me, clearly wanting to finish this discussion. I’m done though. He’s legit pissed me the fuck off.

 

“Just leave me alone,” I sigh, not even turning to look at him. At this moment, God forgive me for saying this, but I see a little of him coming out.

 

Just like Kendall

 

“What did you just say?” I freeze. I did not just say that shit out loud. “Who the fuck is that?”

 

I clench my eyes shut. This night is slowly turning into a nightmare.

 

“No one. Just drop it, okay?” I shake my head. “I don’t feel like discussing it”

 

“Of course you don’t,” he laughs bitterly. “Ya know, it’s amazing how you can grill me on whatever the hell it is you’re upset about at that moment. But the minute I try to ask you about shit, you shut everything down.”

 

I frown. Does he really think that of me? “That’s not true and you know it.”

 

“Oh?” He quips an eyebrow. “Aside from earlier today, when have you ever given me a straight answer about your life? You always dance around the subject and give me fragments.” His gaze suddenly softens slightly. And honestly? I can deal with that Ari. Swear to God, I can. But what I can’t deal with is you bringing up another nigga and not even giving me the decency of explaining it. What am I supposed to think?”

 

I look at him in shock. It’s hard to believe the words that are coming out of his mouth. “You’re supposed to trust me Colin.”

 

He closes his eyes and chuckles sadly, “Just forget it.” He moves to walk past me.

 

“Colin wait-“ I grab his arm to stop him from leaving, but he jerks it from me, raising it. “NO!” My eyes widen, heartbeat slows down and drink drops from my hand. I let out an ear-piercing scream as my arms immediately go to cover my face. “I’m sorry! Please don’t!” I instantly start to plead. Not even looking at his face, I see his feet move closer to me and I jump back against the oven door. “Kendall I’m sorry! I’ won’t do it again!” Falling down, I continue to keep my arms up as I protect my face, allowing the tears to come gushing out. “Just please don’t hurt me!”

 

::.No One’s POV.::

 

As soon as the scream is heard throughout the house, Derrick and Ricardo are the first back in the house.

 

“What happened?” Derrick is the first to ask, eyes widening at the sight before him.

 

“Colin, what-“

 

“Get the hell away from her!” Kaydence yells at Colin, pushing him out the way as she and Maya come rushing from upstairs.

 

“Breathe honey, breathe.” Maya kneels directly in front of the hyperventilating young woman. “Aria, sweetie, it’s okay. You’re safe.”

 

“I’m sorry,” Aria continues to repeat through tears. “I’m sorry.”

 

“Kendall is gone Arianna,” Kay kneels down next to Maya. “He can’t hurt you anymore chica.” She brushes her fingers across her best friend’s hair. “We won’t let him.”

 

Maya turns around, “Colin-“ He’s not there.

 

Derrick and Ricardo who were almost frozen in shock at the scene unfolding in front of them, look around the kitchen for their friend who was there just moments ago. Nothing.

 

He’s gone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

End Notes:

I apologize for any mistakes. Proofreading is NOT my forte. Smh. I almost ALWAYS miss something. 

Reconciliation by DramaQueenAmby
Author's Notes:

Hope you enjoy!


Flashback


May 17, 2009


 


Arianna stood dangerously still. The hot water slammed down on her body, soaking her from head to toe. She had been in there so long that the shower door was all fogged up. The salty tears that continued to leak from her eyes intertwined with the water coming from the showerhead. Her toes and fingers were all prune like seeing as how she hadnÕt moved for a good twenty plus minutes. She couldnÕt move though. No, she was stuck. The image from yesterday stuck at the forefront of her mind.


 


She never did like math. Always hated it. So, it seemed only appropriate that a tiny plus sign would become the symbol that would forever change her life. She couldnÕt accept the first one though. She took another one. Same thing. Then another one, with the same results as the first two. After five consecutive plus signs, she realized she was wasting her time and money. The outcome was inevitable.


 


She was pregnant.


 


The word felt strange on her lips, almost foreign. She had only uttered it once, and since stuck to keeping it in her mind. According to her calculations, she was roughly two months along. Her hand cautiously made her way to her stomach as she looked down. She still wasnÕt showing. Thank God, but while a bump hadnÕt formed, other symptoms seemed to increase by the day. She had put on a few pounds. Most of the weight gain seemed to go straight to her chest and hips. Her breast were extremely tender, appetite had increased and of course, no period.


 


She honestly had no idea what she was going to do, let alone would do. She hadnÕt told anyone. Not even Maya or Kaydence. As sad it was, the girls seemed to be drifting apart more and more. Kaydence job at their local dance studio along with her other extracurricular activities kept her busy while Maya was consumed with her apprenticeship as their history teachers, Mr. OÕ ConnorÕs student assistant. Plus, with graduation just around the corner, things were even more hectic.


 


Arianna had no idea what KendallÕs reaction would be like. It was almost impossible to predict it. She learned a long time ago that KendallÕs response to certain situations would always leave you on edge. Although, she had a gut feeling he would go ballistic. During the better times in their relationship, he had always discussed them having children one day. The thought used to make her smile. SheÕs always wanted to have children, to be the mother she herself had always wanted, but never had. Now, the thought that not only is she going to be a mother at seventeen, but with a psychotic, controlling, and abusive man like Kendall makes her want to vomit.


 


She contemplates running away, but that idea is shot down just as it came. Jamie, her legal guardian, with all his money and resources would have her ass located and dragged back home before she could even make the state border.


 


Wealth had its setbacks.


 


Thinking of his reaction causes chills to go down her spine. Unlike the childÕs father, Arianna could mentally picture his reaction. He would kill her. Possibly literally. The scandal it would create would tarnish his image. People would talk. She would become an overnight scandal. Jamie didnÕt do scandals. If he didnÕt end her life, he would no doubt kick her out the house with nothing but the clothes on her back.


 


She started crying harder.


 


She truly had nowhere to turn and no one to turn to.


 


Finally gathering up the motivation, and realizing sheÕs beginning to sweat, Arianna finishes her shower. Walking out the bathroom with the towel still wrapped around her body and head, she glances at herself in the full body mirror. She turns away. ItÕs hard looking at her reflection, at what sheÕs become, at what she has allowed herself to become.


 


Pulling her bran and underwear on, she slips on a form fitting robe and heads to pick out her outfit. Just as sheÕs about to turn the knob for her closet door, she pauses. Her head slowly turns in the direction of her closed laptop located on her desk. She bites her lip. She canÕt. How could such a thought even cross her mind? But as she battles internally, physically, her legs carry her over to the desk where she sits and opens up the laptop.  


 


With shaking fingers, she types in the damning words into Google:


 


Planned Parenthood.


 


Clicking the ÔLearnÕ tap, she takes shaky breath, clicking the first link:


 


Abortion


 


In a time span of five minutes, she learned that California was a state where, at seventeen, she could have the procedure done without anyone (Jamie specifically) having to know. There were two separation operations she could have done or even take a pill. The operations would take no more than thirty minutes. The cost was a bit much, with the website saying it could take up to $1,500. Quickly locating the closest center near her, she grabbed a pen and piece of paper scribbling down the phone number before stuffing it in her robe pocket.


 


ÒAria,Ó She jumps up and slams her laptop shut at the sound of Maya knocking on her door. ÒYou almost ready?Ó


 


ÒY-yeah,Ó Aria replies calmly. ÒIÕll be out in like ten.Ó


 


ÒOkay.Ó


 


Arianna lets out a breath she didnÕt even realize she had been holding in when she hears MayaÕs footsteps leading her away from her bedroom door.


 


Pulling out the scrunched up paper out of her pocket, she looks at it and quickly puts it right back as the tears start to fall again.


 


ÒWhat the hell am I going to do?Ó


 


OoOoOo


 


Kaydence groans, sitting up in her bed and rubbing her eyes. The damn alarm clock woke her up in the middle of a good ass dream. Looking at the time, her eyes grow wide as she sees the time.


 


ÒDamn,Ó she frowns. Ò8:35. Imma be late for church, again.Ó


 


ÒMan,Ó Kay freezes at the groggy voice that comes out from next to her. ÒTurn that shit off!Ó She rolls her eyes as realization quickly sets in. She knows that voice. All too well. Still, the initial shock causes her to jump and fall out her bed, creating a loud ÔthudÕ sound.


 


ÒKay!Ó She hears Arianna call out from down the hall. ÒYou good?Ó


 


She looks at the browned skinned man in her bed and rolls her eyes, ÒIÕm fine!Ó


 


Arianna takes a moment to reply, ÒOkay, but you do realize we have to be at church in like, less than half an hour, right?Ó


 


Kay runs her hands through her unruly hair, ÒIÕll be ready girl.Ó


 


Jamie wasnÕt very religious, but had always made the girls attend church as children. When they became of driving age, Maya took over the role of making sure the girls still attended. She was also really the only one who still paid attention to the teacher. Despite her affair with Colton, aka her teacher, she still liked to maintain her Ôgood girlÕ image. She liked being seen as the girl who had all her shit together.


 


Finally getting up off the floor, she glared at the football player.


 


ÒWhat the fuck are you doing in my bed Quentin?!Ó She yelled harshly.


 


ÒI was sleeping,Ó he turned over on his back. ÒThat is, until you decided itÕd be a good idea to just sit and stare at your basic ass alarm clock.Ó


 


Kaydence shook her head. Did he not know the drill? Fuck and leave.


 


Hopping on the bed, and sitting on top of him she used two fingers to poke him in his head.


 


He smacked her hand away, ÒWould you get the fuck off of me so I can take my ass back to sleep?Ó


 


ÒSeriously Quentin, you need to get your shit and get out of my room.Ó She crosses her arms. ÒI told your ass to leave after you busted your second nut but yet, youÕre still here.Ó


Kay walks over to the chair Jamie graciously gave her which was located next to her bed and got all of QuentinÕs clothes.


ÒIÕm sorry Quentin, but you have to leave.Ó


He just looks at her. Sighing heavily, he gets out the bed and walks over to her, with nothing on, but his boxers.


ÒYou need to explain some shit to me because I feel like I have this all wrong.Ó A beat. ÒI thought you were feeling me.Ó


She sucks her teeth, ÒWhat exactly brought you to that conclusion?Ó


He shrugs, ÒI guess the way you were dancing on me at the party. You even asked me for my number.Ó He shakes his head. ÒNow all of a sudden youÕre kicking me out? What kind of shit is that?Ó


All he had to do was fuck her, pay her, then leave. Instead he was still here crying like a little bitch.


There was always that one.


Quentin for example, who apparently ended up catching feelings for her though she honestly didnÕt have time for it. Honestly. She fucks guys, then they get the fuck out of her room or she gets out of theirs with no fucks given. There are no hard feelings that came along with that at all. But, when it came to her money, she didnÕt play. This boy was really sitting here in his feelings


ÒJust because I danced with you, asked you for your number and fucked you numb, doesnÕt mean anything. Would you listen to yourself? We danced and we fucked, thatÕs it. I will admit, youÕre cute but you need to man up because you being all in your feelings right now after one night, is not good.Ó She says honestly, not caring about the hurt on his face.


He chuckles, ÒSo thatÕs how youÕre going to do me Kay?Ó


ÒYouÕre damn right. We wouldnÕt even be having this conversation right now if you would have just left afterwards.Ó


He smirks, ÒYou don't remember? You fell asleep after we fucked. So I decided to just stay.Ó


Her jaw tightens, ÒSo you took advantage of me falling asleep?Ó She feels her anger boiling up. ÒYeah, you need to hurry up and get out before Jamie comes and finds you in his houseÓ


He doesnÕt say anything, but starts pulling his clothes on and heads for the door.


ÒYouÕre forgetting something.Ó


He looks back at her over his shoulder, ÒWhat?Ó


ÒIÕm going to need you to pull your wallet out and pay up. You owe me 7 bills. It would have been cheaper but since you just decided to stayÉÓ


His eyes go wide, ÒGirlÉIÕm not payinÕ you shit.Ó


She places a hand on her hip, ÒNigga if you donÕt pay me, I will have all my older male foster brothers who are all fresh out of jail and waiting for a reason to go back, pounce on that ass.Ó She doesnÕt back down. Kay never plays when it comes to her money. ÒPlay with me if you want to motherfucker.Ó


He pulls out his wallet, grabbing the required number of bills and tosses it toward her.


She smiles, ÒThank you.Ó


He simply nods his head curtly, and turns away from the door, hopping out the window.


Kay kneels down to retrieve the money off of the floor and counted it to make sure it was exactly seven hundred dollars, She folded the money in half and sat it down on her nightstand.


OoOoOo


Maya and Kaydence were somewhat closer back then. Mostly because they both were pretty much doing wild shit, although Kay was unaware of Maya and ColtonÕs affair.


After church they decided to get something to eat, Arianna couldn't come because Kendall "needed her.Ó


They decided to eat at a place where they knew wouldnÕt be too busy that day MamaÕs Kitchen was a small, family owned restaurant with reasonable prices, good customer service, and delicious food. Besides, Kay was craving one of their homemade burgers.


ÒSo what took you so long to get ready?Ó Maya asks, after the waitress brings them their drinks. ÒJamie was bout to come up in there and I can tell by the tone in his voice it wasn't gonna be a happy convo.Ó Maya grimaces at the thought of Jamie upset. Lord know the horrors that come as the result of his temper.


ÒWell.....,Ó Kay nervously fiddles with her fingers. ÒYa see, what had happened was....Ó


Maya glares, ÒSpill it.Ó


A beat. ÒI woke up to Quentin still being in my bed.Ó


Maya mushed her perfectly arched eyebrows together, ÒWait. Who?Ó


ÒThat guy at the party last night,Ó Kay explains. ÒI thought he was cute so I got his number.Ó


ÒAnd he spent the night?Ó


Kay shrugs, ÒI wanted him and some money as well, but when I woke up this morning, he was still there.Ó


Maya smirks, not even all that surprised at her ÔsistersÕ antics. ÒDamn girl, you ain't on top of ya game.Ó


Kay moans, shaking her head. ÒI knowwwww,Ó she drags on the last letter. ÒI got him all in his feelings and everything. He really took that fuck as something more and IÕm not here for that.Ó


ÒDid he at least pay you?Ó Maya didnÕt agree or approve of Kaydence literally prostituting herself to the highest bidder, but sex was the only way Kay knew how to deal with her emotions. Some people drink, others smoke, Kay fucks.


ÒHeck yea! He didnÕt have a choice. Paid me $700.Ó


MayaÕs eyes widen, ÒThe fuck? What the hell does he do for a living? We are still in high school!!Ó


ÒI have no idea and I really donÕt care. All I care about is hoping I donÕt run into his crybaby ass again.Ó She shakes her head before looking at the pretty, young woman. ÒMaya, thank you so much for not judging me for what I do.Ó


ÒWho am I to judge you, Kay?Ó


ÔI mean I'm sleeping with a married man and heÕs my teacher at thatÉ. Ô Maya thinks to herself.


ÒI just thank you for not looking down on me for doing what I do and for not telling the school,Ó she says honestly. ÒI mean, IÕm pretty sure the guys talk, but itÕs just nice to know I donÕt have to worry about even more people knowing because someone talked too much, ya know?Ó


Maya nods, ÒYou told me to keep it between us so IÕm keeping it between us.Ó A beat. ÒI do have a question for you though.Ó


ÒAnd I may have an answer,Ó she laughs. ÒShoot mamacita.Ó


ÒYou do use protection when you do what you do, right?Ó


Kay looks at her as if sheÕs lost her mind, ÒOf course, Maya. IÕm not stupid.Ó


She raises her hands in a defense, ÒHey, I just had to make sure.Ó


ÒWell yes, I do. Every single time.Ó She says with a smirk. ÒMotherhood ainÕt for me. I can tell ya that right now. ItÕll be a cold day in hell before I let any nigga knock me up.Ó


End Flashback


Present Time


1 Week. 3 days. 5 hours.


 


ThatÕs how long it had been since Arianna and Colin had spoken. No phone calls No texts. Nothing. She wasnÕt surprised though. Not at all. She expected it. It finally happened. She pushed him to his breaking point.


 


That night, after Kaydence and Maya were finally able to calm her down, they convinced her that it would probably be best to stay the night with them at the condo. She obliged. Derrick and Ricardo blew up ColinÕs phone with texts and calls, but he didnÕt respond. Next time they heard from him, it was through a text that simply said. ÒPlane landed safely. Talk to yaÕll soon.Ó


 


They conveyed that message over to their respected others, but none felt like they should share it with Arianna. She simply stayed in bed all that day. Her mind replayed that harrowing incident the night before over and over again. It haunted her.


 


Realizing Colin probably didnÕt want to see her, she decided to continue stay at the condo. After the third day of no contact from him, she realized he was long gone. Again, she wasnÕt shocked. Devastated? Yes. But, surprised? Not at all.


 


ÒAll IÕm saying is he better hope I donÕt run into his high yella ass anytime soon, or I swear heÕs going missing.Ó Maya threatens, slamming the fridge door as she reaches a can of Sprite to Derrick.


 


ÒIÕll drive the getaway car,Ó Kaydence offers, sipping on her Arizona Iced Tea.


 


Ricardo rolls his eyes, ÒI know you guys are upset, but we havenÕt even heard ColinÕs side yet.Ó


 


Maya smiles brightly, ÒYouÕre so right Ricardo. Hey!Ó She sets her drink down and clasps her hands together. ÒWhy donÕt we go ask him his side?Ó She laughs then sucks her teeth, ÒAw damn we canÕt.Ó Her smile drops and an irritated scowl forms on her face. ÒBecause your boy is being a little bitch and running away from his responsibilities.Ó


 


ÒChill Maya,Ó Derrick tries to calm down the furious woman.


 


ÒNo, this is ridiculous Derrick.Ó Kay shakes her head. ÒHe could have, at the very least, text her and see how sheÕs doing.Ó


 


ÒI mean it you guys,Ó Maya bites the inside of her cheek. ÒLet me find out that nigga is dicking down some bitch-Ò


 


ÒWhoa,Ó Ricardo cuts her off. ÒThatÕs one thing I can guarantee heÕs not doing. When it comes to our game, Colin doesnÕt tolerate distractions. HeÕs there to train and get better and ready for the season. Plus, he would never hurt Arianna like that.Ó


 


ÒAnd walking away from her when she needed him the most didnÕt hurt her?Ó Kay challenges.


 


ÒUh guys-Ò


 


ÒDid it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe, Arianna needs more help than what Colin can give her?Ó Ricardo shoots back quickly.


 


ÒGuys-Ò


 


ÒOh, so what, you saying sheÕs crazy or something?Ó Maya immediately jumps to her best friends defense.


 


Ricardo rolls his eyes, ÒThatÕs not what I meant-Ò


 


ÒGuys-Ò


 


ÒWell thatÕs sure as hell what it sounded like you meant.Ó


 


ÒGuy-Aw fuck it,Ó Derrick gives up, realizing heÕs wasting his time. TheyÕll realize soon enough Arianna isnÕt in her room sleeping. Yup. TheyÕll wish they had listened to him when he tried to inform him the 5Ó2 woman had snuck out the condo in the midst of their arguing.


 


OoOoOoOo


 


ÒThis is a bad idea,Ó Arianna muttered to herself. Her hands braced the steering wheel so tight that her knuckles were turning white. Looking up at the professional building in front of her, she shook her head. ÒShould have just stayed my ass home.Ó Unbuckling her seat belt, she got up out the car, locking it behind her. Pulling down her skirt as she walked, she pulled out her phone and opened the Notepad app. Reaching the entrance of the building, she looked at the address on her phone and matched it with the number on the building. Perfect match.


 


Reaching to open the door, she walks inside the building. The blaring AC strangely helping to calm her nerves. Glancing at the address again, she looked at the Suite number.


 


Ò805,Ó she says aloud, heading on the elevator and pressing the 8th floor button. Her high heels tap impatiently against the elevator floor. It feels like forever before the bell dings and the door opens.


 


ÒDamn,Ó she sighs in admiration at the elaborate office before her. ÒHampton InvestmentsÓ was extravagantly located all over the entire eight floor. ÒDefinitely not in Kansas anymore.Ó


 


Walking up to the front desk, she noticed the receptionist give her a quick full body looked. The woman turned up her nose, but quickly plastered on a fake smile.


 


ÒIs there anything I can help you with miss?Ó


 


Any other time, Arianna would drag for this woman. But, this wasnÕt the place, nor the time. Plus, the 21 year-old already felt like she was going to pass out so she figured it best to remain calm, cool, and collected.


 


Well, as best she could anyway.


 


ÒYes,Ó Arianna takes a deep breath. ÒIÕm here to see Mr. RaymondÓ


 


The womanÕs mouth drops slightly, ÒMr. Raymond? As in, CEO Raymond Hampton?Ó She nods. ÒOh, sweetie. IÕm afraid thatÕs not possible.Ó


 


Aria frowns, ÒIs he not here today?Ó


 


ÒOh, heÕs here.Ó The woman confirms. ÒUnfortunately, Mr. Hampton is a very busy man who has little time for,Ó she pulls the glasses down on her nose. ÒTrivial matters.Ó


 


ÒMam,Ó Arianna looks down, placing her hands on the counter. ÒYou donÕt understand. I have to see him. Please, itÕs extremely important.Ó The arrogant employee looks unaffected by her words. ÒJust tell him Arianna is here to see him.Ó


 


ÒMiss, IÕve already told you, Mr. Hampton cannot see you.Ó She pulls the phone off the handler, holding it to her shoulder. ÒNow, if you canÕt accept that then I will have no other choice, but to call security-Ò


 


ÒWhat seems to be the problem?Ó Both the receptionist and Arianna turn their heads sideways to the source of the voice. Aria is frozen. Her eyes lock with a surprised Raymond.


 


ÒIÕm sorry for the disturbance sir,Ó the woman begins to speak, nervousness replacing the haughtiness that was previously in her voice. ÒJust a-Ò


 


ÒClear my schedule for today Mary,Ó Raymond cuts her off sharply, eyes not once ever leaving AriannaÕs.


 


Mary looks appalled, ÒCome again?Ó


 


His head snaps to look at her, ÒYou heard me. Reschedule everything, cancel if you must, and have all my calls forwarded to my secretary.Ó His gaze returns back to a nervous Arianna. ÒI have personal affairs to attend to today.Ó


 


OoOoOoOo


 


ÒHow did you find me?Ó Raymond questions softly, looking at the short woman as the two walk around the courtyard near the professional building where one of his main offices is located. 


 


ÒWell, it wasnÕt that hard once I got your last name off the database at my job.Ó She answers truthfully. ÒMulti-millionaires-Ò


 


ÒBillionaire,Ó he corrects.


ÒOf course,Ó Arianna rolls her eyes. ÒWell, either way around, rich people arenÕt exactly the hardest to track down.Ó


 


ÒTouchŽ,Ó he chuckles. ÒBut I guess, the real question is why are you here?Ó


 


Arianna stops walking, he notices, and does the same. ÒNo,Ó she looks at him, raising her chin. ÒThe real question is-Ò she digs in her purse and pulls out the item, careful not to bend it.


 


His eyes stretch at the sight, ÒWhere-Ò


 


ÒWhy do you have a picture of me and my mother?Ó She demands, her voice strong and hard. ÒAnd where did you get it from?Ó


 


OoOoOoOo


 


ÒWhy the fuck isnÕt she answering her phone?!Ó Maya shouts, punching the armrest on the sofa. Since Colin left, Aria hadnÕt left the house unless it was for work or school, neither of which she had today.


 


ÒGuess Colin isnÕt the only one,Ó Ricardo mutters, earning a hard glare from the two young women. ÒLook, itÕs obvious she just needs some time to herself.Ó


 


ÒMaybe she just got sick of all of yaÕll,Ó Derrick mumbles, earning a hard slap upside the head. ÒWhat the fuck Maya?Ó


 


ÒThis is all your fault anyway!Ó


 


ÒMy fault?Ó he motions to himself. ÒI was trying to tell yaÕll olÕ girl was leaving, but you were too busy fighting over irrelevant shit to listen to me.Ó


 


ÒDerrick-Ò Maya is cut off by someone banging on the door. ÒOh hell no,Ó Maya twists her neck, attitude growing by the second. ÒI know someone is not beating on my damn door.Ó The knocking continues. ÒThey done picked the wrong day.Ó She hops off the sofa and marches over to the door. Not even bothering to see whom it is, she unlocks it, swinging it open. ÒI donÕt know-Colin?Ó


 


An out of breath Colin looks down at the woman, ÒWhere is she?Ó


Everyone else hearing the quarterbackÕs voice, walks over to see the 6Ó5 giant standing in the doorway.


 


ÒWhat the fuck do you want?Ó Kay spits harshly, walking over to stand next to Maya.


 


He ignores her comment, ÒLet me speak to Arianna.Ó


 


ÒShe doesnÕt want to talk to you Colin.Ó Maya says with a straight face. ÒEspecially after what you did to her. And you damn sure ainÕt coming in my house pretty boy.Ó


 


He looks down, biting his cheek. ÒLook, I know you two are mad at me-Ò


 


ÒMad is an understatement,Ó Kay cuts him off. ÒYouÕre lucky youÕre still breathing right now.Ó


 


ÒBut, I really need to talk to Arianna,Ó he looks at the two with desperate eyes. ÒPlease.Ó


 


ÒTough luck nigga cause you damn sure ainÕt coming in here,Ó Maya says almost immediately, unaffected by his obvious contrition.


 


His jaw clenches and grip on the door tightens, ÒI swear, if you donÕt let me in-Ò


 


ÒWhat you gonna do?Ó Maya challenges.


 


Going against his better judgment, and knowing heÕll never be able to earn their forgiveness, Colin pushes the door open, walking in the condo.


 


ÒThe fuck Colin?!Ó Maya shouts, going after him as he stars walking throughout their home. He stops at her room noticing itÕs empty.


 


ÒSheÕs not here bro,Ó Derrick informs, trying to calm down Maya while Ricardo deals with Kay.


 


ÒWhere is she?Ó He asks with a certain desperateness in his voice that not even his two best friends had ever heard before.


 


ÒWe donÕt know,Ó Ricardo answers truthfully, much to the girls dismay. ÒShe left like an hour ago without telling any of us and sheÕs not answering her phone.Ó


 


ÒYou know about that donÕt you?Ó Kay taunts darkly.


 


ÒLook, I know on your Superman shit right now, trying to save ya girl, but why donÕt you just wait here with us until she gets back?Ó


 


ÒWhat?!Ó Both Kaydence and Maya shout at the same time. Derrick rolls his eyes at their reaction to his offer.


 


ÒI agree with D man,Ó Ricardo joins in, also ignoring the death glares being sent his way. ÒYour best bet is waiting here.Ó


 


ÒWho knows,Ó Derrick shrugs with a light laugh. ÒShe could walk in that door right at this very-Ò


 


ÒGuys-Ò The five young adults freeze at the voice. The voice they all know. ÒWhy the hell is the front door-Ò Arianna stops dead in her tracks as she locks eyes on Colin. Ò-open.Ó


 


ÒWhy donÕt we all go pick up some pizza or something?Ó Ricardo suggests, nervously scratching the back of his neck. ÒLet these two talk, ya know?


 


ÒOne week, three days, too late for that.Ó Kaydence comments coldly.


 


ÒUnlike some people,Ó Maya says, nodding her neck in ColinÕs directions. ÒIÕm not leaving the person I care about.Ó


 


ÒStop it Maya,Ó Arianna says with a grimace. ÒBoth of you,Ó she looks over at Kaaydence too. ÒJust please, go with the guys or something. We need to talk. Alone.-Ò


 


ÒBut-Ò


 


ÒI get you guys are upset, but right now, this isnÕt about what you feel.Ó She shakes her head and points to herself. ÒItÕs about how I feel, and right now, I feel like IÕm gonna lose it if I donÕt talk to my husband.Ó She takes a deep breath, ÒPlease.Ó


Kaydence and Maya look at each other, then at Arianna, and finally at Colin.


 


ÒIf your ass isnÕt here when we get back,Ó Maya starts to threaten. ÒI will kill you in your throat.Ó She iffs at him before turning to hug Aria, grabbing her keys and purse and marching out the door.


 


Kaydence suddenly starts going off on a rant in Spanish that makes even Arianna flinch a few times before Ricardo is able to drag her feisty self out the door.


 


ÒYou kids be good now,Ó Derrick winks, as heÕs the last one to leave.


 


Arianna rolls her eyes, purposely taking her time to turn back around and face Colin.


 


ÒIÕm sorry about that,Ó she mumbles quietly, kicking air with her left heel. ÒThey get really protective over me. Sometimes too much, as you can see.Ó


 


ÒAri,Ó Colin starts, cautiously moving closer to her. ÒYou have no idea how-Ò


 


ÒColin, I swear to God if you apologize to me I will actually be mad at you.Ó She cuts him off, closing her eyes shut.


 


He stops his movement, ÒWhat?Ó He honestly was not expecting that reaction. ÒHow are you not upset with me?Ó He scoffs, angry at himself, as he even thinks about what he did. ÒI left you-Ò


 


ÒAnd not only am I glad you left, I sure as hell donÕt blame you.Ó She interrupts again, waiting for him to say something. He canÕt though. HeÕs too shocked. ÒColin,Ó she starts, looking down at the ground. ÒYou didnÕt sign up for this, okay? I get that. I really do. My disorder is not something that everyone can handle. Let alone someone who seems to be getting the short end of the stick all the time when all he wants to do is help my psycho ass.Ó


 


ÒAria-Ò


 


ÒLet me finish,Ó she requests, he nods, signaling her to continue. ÒWhat happened that night, I donÕt blame you for leaving. It was too much. You couldnÕt be bothered with all of my baggage-Ò


ÒStop,Ó Colin says firmly, his tone strongly suggesting he wonÕt take anymore of what she has to say. ÒYou thinkÉÓ he trails off, a pang of hurt flashing on his handsome face. ÒYou think I left because I didnÕt want to be bothered with you?Ó He resumes his walk towards me. ÒBaby,Ó he starts, hands reaching out to cup her face. ÒYou didnÕt see what I saw. You werenÕt just scared of me Arianna. You were terrified of me. I mean, knowing that another nigga used to put his hands on you-Ò Colin stops himself. He knows how he can get. He could literally rip the fucking door off the hinges at the mere thought of another man harming his Arianna. ÒI left because I couldnÕt handle the fact that you could ever believe IÕm capable of hurting you like that. I would never even think to lift my hand to you. You have to believe that, baby girl.Ó


 


Arianna sniffles, dropping her head, ÒI know that, I do.Ó She swallows hardly, ÒItÕs just hard getting used to not being a manÕs punching bag, ya know?Ó She chuckles sadly, before finally meeting his gaze. ÒI want this Colin. Us. I want this to work.Ó


 


ÒI know, I fucked up Aria, but believe it wonÕt happen again.Ó He vows, placing a soft kiss on her forehead. ÒIÕm in this for the long run.Ó


 


ÒMental breakdowns, mood swings, appearing acts dad and all?Ó She teases, purposely throwing on that last part.


 


Colin laughs, pulling her into him embracing her tightly. ÒWhatever it is, as long as itÕs related to you, I want it all. Good and bad.Ó He kisses the top of her head as she hugs him tighter. ÒWait,Ó he says suddenly, finally catching on. ÒWhat you mean by Ôappearing acts dadÕ?Ó He questions, slightly amused by her play on the title of the movie they had watched a few weeks back.


 


It takes a good three minutes for Arianna to finally speak.


 


ÒI found him Colin,Ó she murmurs into his chest, before looking up at him with tears gleaming in her chocolate eyes. ÒI found my father.Ó


 


 


 


 


Date Night by DramaQueenAmby
Author's Notes:

Sorry for the wait! Hope you enjoy!

ÒRaymond,Ó Maya starts for like the sixth time. ÒIs your father?Ó

 

I nod, ÒApparently so.Ó

 

ÒThis is too crazy,Ó she shakes her head, rubbing her temples. ÒBy the way, donÕt think IÕm not gonna go off on your ass later for leaving without telling anybody, and leaving to meet up with a perfect stranger at that.Ó

 

I roll my eyes, picking apart my breadstick, leaning into ColinÕs side. ÒI needed to do this Maya. A lot of my problems have to do with Kendall, yes. But, majority of them are related to my upbringing. My abandonment issues started with my mother. SheÕs the root of all of this, and I need to find out once and for all why.Ó I explain with a sigh. ÒRaymond was my only hope, so I had to go see him.Ó

 

It just sucks though that he wasnÕt able to give me any information about my mom though. He said he would tell me all he knew, but not today. Said he needed time to process everything. I was a little disappointed, but I understand. This is a lotÉ.

 

ÒAlone though?Ó Maya presses, shaking her head again.

 

ÒI kinda agree with Maya, Aria,Ó Colin mutters, causing me to look up at him. ÒAside from being a nice customer, you didnÕt know anything about him.Ó

 

ÒHe had a picture of my mom and I Colin.Ó

 

ÒFirst sign of a sure stalker, serial killer, rapist, etc.Ó Maya adds on, raising her arched eyebrow. ÒI see it in movies all the time girl.Ó

 

ÒYou watch way too much Lifetime,Ó I chuckle, getting up to throw my paper plate away.

 

ÒOkay, when ya ass gets kidnapped, donÕt come calling me!Ó She glares, wagging a finger in my direction.

 

ÒTrust me, she wonÕt.Ó I hear Colin comment, eliciting Maya flipping him off.

 

ÒI just canÕt get over his last name though, IÕm sorry,Ó Kay laughs, walking out the kitchen with me with a water bottle in hand. ÒLike, he looks like a Raymond. But Raymond Hampton? It just-Ò

 

Derrick starts choking on his water, ÒRaymond Hampton? As in the tall, black, brother - Raymond Hampton?Ó

 

I look at him strangely, ÒUmm yes?Ó

 

ÒYou know him?Ó Maya questions.

 

ÒHow do you not?Ó Ricardo ponders. ÒThe Hampton family is one of the wealthiest African-American families in the world.Ó

 

My jaw drops. I mean, I knew by the whole ÔbillionaireÕ comment Raymond made, that he had to be rich, but I didnÕt realize his whole family was loaded.

 

ÒSeriously?Ó I ask, mouth still slightly ajar.

 

ÒThe Hampton Dynasty has investments all over the globe. Hell, they own a good chunk of CaliforniaÕs top businesses.Ó Colin chuckles.

 

ÒThere was actually talk a few years back of Raymond becoming the new owner of the 49ers,Ó Ricardo gestures to Colin who nods in agreement.

 

ÒShit, you blessed as fuck Ari,Ó Derrick takes a swig of his Pepsi. ÒIf there was ever a better family to find out youÕre kin to.Ó

 

Kaydence squeals falling down on RicardoÕs lap, wrapping her arms around his neck. ÒWeÕre rich bitches!Ó

 

ÒWeÕre?Ó Maya challenges. ÒBitch, Raymond is her daddy not ours.Ó

 

Kay sucks her teeth, ÒHe can be my daddy too Maya.Ó She smirks suggestively, ÒJust not in the same way he is with Ari.Ó

 

ÒYou know IÕm sitting right here?Ó Ricardo complains, shifting in his chair. ÒRight?Ó

 

She looks at him like heÕs slow, ÒAnd?Ó

 

ÒWe donÕt even know for sure that heÕs really my father yet you guys,Ó I interrupt, not wanting those two to get into a fight.

 

ÒAinÕt you ever seen Maury?Ó DerrickÕs ignorant ass asks, earning a slap upside the head from Maya. ÒWhat? We can have her and Daddy Warbucks on the show in the next week if she wants, get the test done, and bam! Instant induction into the will.Ó

 

Maya releases a loud mixture of a moan and groan, ÒItÕs not fair. Swear to God it isnÕt fair. He is so damn fine, Ò She shakes her head, biting her lip seductively. ÒAnd then he opens up his mouth.Ó

 

ÒAll jokes aside,Ó Ricardo cuts in. ÒI do think it would be a good idea to have a paternity test done. Ya know, just to be sure.Ó

 

ÒI know,Ó I run my hand through the top of my hair. ÒI agree. I even mentioned it to him, but he said he doesnÕt need, and I quote, Ôsome blood test to tell me youÕre my daughter.ÕÓ I bite my lip, smiling softly at the thought of our talk earlier. ÒSaid he knew the moment he laid eyes on me.Ó

 

ÒBro not trying to share his money,Ó Derrick mutters.

ÒHe has a point,Ó Kay shrugs. ÒOnly way youÕll be able to ensure your inheritance is through a DNA test to confirm your relation.Ó

 

ÒDonÕt you guys get it?Ó I exclaim, throwing up my hands. ÒItÕs not about the money!Ó I look over at Maya and Kay. ÒWe grew up surrounded by wealth, and did it really make any difference in the quality of our lives?Ó Silence. ÒExactly.Ó

 

ÒSo how exactly did he say he got that picture again?Ó Colin questions, clearly sensing the uneasiness in the air.

 

ÒThatÕs the weird part,Ó I grimace.  ÒIt was left to him,Ó All eyes are on me, waiting on elaboration. ÒVia his familyÕs long time maidÕs will.Ó

 

ÒAnd it just keeps getting better,Ó Maya falls further back into the sofa. ÒHis maid though Aria? IÕm sorry. IÕm happy for you. I really am. But, not wanting to do a paternity test, having a picture of you and your mom, getting it from the maid? ItÕs all so fishy to me. Why did he not tell you he was your lost padre until now anyway?Ó

 

ÒTechnically,Ó Derrick sticks up his index finger. ÒHe didnÕt. She had toÉÉIÕll just shut up.Ó

 

ÒThank you,Ó I smile sarcastically. ÒAnd he said he didnÕt say anything because he figured last thing I would want is my dad whoÕs been MIA pretty much my whole life suddenly popping up with a fat wallet, thinking he can buy my love.Ó

 

ÒHe could buy mine,Ó Derrick offers quietly.

 

ÒHe could buy me,Ó Kay scoffs, flipping her hair.

 

ÒSwear you guys piss me the hell off,Ó I groan, throwing my head back against ColinÕs chest.

 

OoOoOoOoOo

 

ÒYou sure you donÕt mind us coming D?Ó

 

Derrick waves off my question, ÒSteph is cool, and IÕm sure Ayesha would like to have more than just one other female to talk to.Ó

 

ÒI canÕt believe I-Ò she notices MayaÕs glare. ÒI mean, we, are actually getting to meet THE Steph Curry.Ó She gloats, lightly touching her bun. ÒToo bad heÕs married, and has a kid.Ó

 

ÒUmmm,Ó Derrick starts. ÒImma need yaÕll to make sure Marilyn Monroe-Ò

 

ÒWe used to call her that actually,Ó I interrupt with a chuckle. ÒActually, we called her Marilyn Monhoe.Ó

 

ÒClassic,Ó Maya laughs, slipping on her earrings.

 

ÒYou guys are mean to me,Ó Kay pouts, crossing her arms.

 

ÒWell whatever the fuck you wanna call her,Ó Derrick shakes his head. ÒJust make sure she doesnÕt break up the second best NBA couple.Ó

 

I scrunch up my nose, ÒWhoÕs the first?Ó

 

He pauses for a second, and then walks over to Maya gently kissing her forehead, who looks up at him with uncertainty.

 

ÒYa really have to ask?Ó He finishes softly, starring directly at Maya, before grabbing his car keys. ÒIÕll meet you in the car Maya.Ó And with that, heÕs out the door.

 

Kay and I smile knowingly at a blushing Maya.

 

ÒNot a word,Ó she warns with a vicious glare.

 

ÒWe donÕt have to,Ó I smirk, just as Colin walks in the front door.

 

ÒYaÕll almost-Ò he stops once he lays eyes on me. ÒReady.Ó

 

ÒThere better be another damn layer that goes over that outfit,Ó he says, looking as if heÕs battling between lust and anger. ÒOr else thereÕs no way in hell youÕre leaving my sight tonight.Ó

 

ÒSorry babe, what you see is what you get.Ó I gesture down to my fire red two-piece ensemble. ÒAnd donÕt worry, Ò I walk up to him. ÒI didnÕt plan on it.Ó

 

Derrick and Maya had a double date planned with Steph Curry (yes, the Steph Curry) and his wife Ayesha tonight. But, with all of the events that happened to today, Derrick thinks it would be nice if we all went out and celebrated. Derrick text Steph and asked if he would be cool with the rest of tagging along and apparently, Steph is cool with it. I still feel a little bad, as if weÕre imposing, but I also need to get out of this damn house. Today has been crazy, amazing, strange, scary, and rewarding all in one. A night filled with normalcy would be nice.

 

ÒGood,Ó he leans down, kissing the top of my head. ÒYouÕre so short.Ó

 

I punch his arm, again, hurting myself more than him. ÒShut up. No, IÕm not.Ó

 

ÒYes you are,Ó Maya and Kay chime, walking past us.

ÒForget them,Ó I flip off their retreating forms. I frown, as another thought crosses my mind.

 

ÒWhatÕs wrong?Ó Colin inquiries, protectively wrapping his arms around my waist.

 

ÒYou left Colin,Ó I frown.

 

His whole demeanor changes, sadness overtaking his handsome features, ÒAria, you know IÕm sor-Ò

 

ÒNo, not like that.Ó I shake my head. ÒI mean; you left your training. For me.Ó I bite my lip, ÒYouÕre going to get penalized for that, arenÕt you?Ó

 

He pauses, ÒDonÕt worry about me.Ó

 

ÒLike thatÕs gonna happen,Ó I scoff. ÒI care about your aggy ass probably even more than you care about me so worrying about you is numero uno on my list.Ó He laughs a little. ÒNow answer my question.Ó

 

He sighs rather loudly, ÒCoach will probably give me shit about it-Ò

 

ÒHeÕs not going to make you sit out on any games will he?Ó I begin to panic. Colin would rather lose a limb than be forced to watch his teammates play the game heÕs pretty much dedicated his life to.

 

ÒNaw, itÕs not that serious.Ó He assures me, clearly sensing my growing nerves. ÒI may come home unable to feel my body for the first few practices come pre-season, but other than that, IÕll be fine.Ó  

 

ÒI feel bad,Ó I admit. ÒYou shouldnÕt have came back. You should have waited-Ò

 

He suddenly pulls me into him, my arms going around his waist, inhaling his scent. Colin always smells good. Reason #5657356 why I love this man.

 

ÒI should have done exactly what I did,Ó a beat. ÒCame back to you. Just like I always will.Ó  

 

OoOoOoOoOo

 

ÒHoney, that was only one story.Ó Ayesha laughs, putting her drink down on the table. ÒThere are plenty more where that came from.Ó She shakes her head, ÒI swear, where have you guys been these past few years?Ó

 

ÒIÕm saying girl,Ó Kay agrees, taking another sip of her soda. IÕm surprised sheÕs still sober. Matter of fact, I canÕt remember the last time IÕve actually seen her drunk. ThatÕs rare. ÒWe were kinda nervous youÕd be one of those Ôstuck up, snooty ass basketball wives?Ó

 

ÒHa! Ayesha?Ó  Steph interrupts with a sly smile. ÒNaw, homegirl wouldnÕt have landed a fine ass brotha like myself-Ó He starts, clearly just messing around, before being cut off by his wife.

 

ÒBoy please,Ó she sucks her teeth. ÒHe knows damn well heÕd be lost without me.Ó She smirks proudly, ÒAnd starving, cause Lord knows he canÕt cook to save his life.Ó

 

ÒNeither can Arianna!Ó Maya smiles, as if thatÕs a thing to be proud of.

 

ÒHey!Ó I exclaim, scowling slightly. ÒI can cook!Ó Crickets. ÒBaby, tell emÕ.Ó I lightly tap Colin on his chest, raising my chin proudly. Silence. ÒColin?Ó I look up to see my husband avoiding my gaze looking around as if heÕs searching for someone.

 

ÒHuh?Ó He looks down at me nervously.

 

ÒWell?Ó I ask, waiting for him to come to my defense.

 

ÒBaby, you do a lot of things well.Ó I smile broadly. See, I knew my man had my back. ÒCooking just isnÕt one of them.Ó My smile drops. I take it back.

 

The table erupts in fits of laughter.

 

ÒForget all of yaÕll,Ó I whine, crossing my arms.

 

ÒNo, but seriously,Ó Steph starts, after controlling his laughter. ÒWe all have to do this more often. Ya know, get together.Ó

 

ÒHell yeah,Ó Ricardo agrees, clearly intoxicated. ÒGotta take our fine ass women out and show emÕ how much we appreciate them.Ó

 

Kay laughs, removing RicardoÕs drink from his hand, ÒYou can show me how much you appreciate me by laying off on the alcohol for the rest of the evening.Ó

 

ÒThatÕs shocking,Ó Colin comments. ÒComing from you Kay.Ó

 

She rolls her eyes, ÒPeople change Colin.Ó

 

ÒPeople, not you.Ó Maya teases, laughing at something Derrick whispered into her ear.

 

ÒIÕm guessing you like to party?Ó Ayesha teases, looking at Kay.

 

ÒI know how to have fun,Ó Kay grins mischievously. ÒIf you hadnÕt let Mr. MVP over there put a ring on it, IÕd show you how to have fun too.Ó

 

ÒI wish,Ó Mrs. Curry laughs, playing with her food. ÒBut being a mommy really put a damper on things. Ò She chuckles. ÒNot that I regret it.Ó She quickly adds on. ÒMotherhood is one of the best things, feelings, in the world.Ó

 

ÒIf only we were all cut out to be mothers,Ó Kay comments with a strange tone in her voice. It almost sounds likeÉregret? Why though? If anyone should have regret, it would be Maya and IÉ.

 

ÒOooh!Ó Ayesha starts, taking a big gulp of her drink. ÒWe should go up there!Ó she gestures to the stage where theyÕre currently having open mic.

 

ÒAnd sing?Ó Maya presses, as Ayesha nods enthusiastically. ÒGirl, thanks but no thanks. I may be a little tipsy, but IÕm not drunk enough to make a damn fool out of myself. I canÕt sing.Ó

 

I suck my teeth, ÒYouÕre better than half the people that have gotten their tone death asses up there tonight.Ó

 

ÒItÕll be fun!Ó Ayesha continues to attempt to persuade.

 

ÒIÕm in,Ó Kay quickly volunteers. ÒYaÕll know I love being up on stage.Ó

 

ÒNo, you just like attention.Ó

 

She waves off MayaÕs correction, ÒSame difference.Ó

 

ÒCome on baby,Ó Derrick joins in. ÒMy girl ainÕt no punk.Ó

 

ÒExcuse me?Ó She looks at him. ÒI know you did not

 

ÒBitch come on!Ó I grab her arm, dragging her, as the four of us get up to head on stage. I hear the guys behind us cheering and whistling. Walking on stage, the girls and I look at the song book and debate on a song for a few minutes before agreeing on one.

 

ÒHow yaÕll doing tonight?Ó I ask the crowd earning out a very loud Ôa hellauva lot better nowÕ from some drunken middle aged looking man. Dude also earned one of the vilest looks IÕve ever seen on Colin.

 

ÒWeÕre here to put on a little show for yaÕll, is that alright?Ó Kay questions, a seductive tone in her voice.

 

Ayesha laughs before looking at the DJ, ÒI think theyÕre ready.Ó A beat. ÒHit it.Ó

ÒI wear tight clothing and high heel shoes,Ó Kay starts off, instantly gaining the audienceÕs full-blown attention. She really does have amazing stage presence. ÒIt doesn't mean that I'm a prostitute

 

ÒI like rap music wear hip hop clothes,Ó Ayesha goes, sneaking a wink at Steph who whistles.  ÒThat doesn't mean that I'm sellin' dope.Ó


ÒOh please forgive me, for having straight hair.Ó I take my turn, doing a sensual body roll that I can tell turns on and pisses off Colin at the same time. ÒIt doesn't mean there's another blood in my heir, yeah yeah!Ó


Maya smirks, as she goes for her turn. ÒI might date another race or color,Ó she flips her, bending down into a slow dip. ÒIt doesn't mean I don't like my strong black brothers.Ó

 

No OneÕs POV

 

The four young women have a good time, dancing and singing, gathering rave applause from the audience as their significant others watch and enjoy along with everyone else.

 

Or, at least, almost everyone.

 

Managing to slip out without anyone noticing, not that she was with anyone to begin with, the woman slips out with ease. Adjusting the black shades on her eyes, she enters the front seat of the black SUV waiting for her.

 

ÒSo?Ó The driver says curtly.

 

ÒYou were right,Ó the blonde-haired woman responds with a smirk. ÒHe came back.Ó

 

The driver chuckles confidently, ÒAs I knew and predicted he would.Ó

 

ÒI have to ask though,Ó the blonde start, uncertainty in her voice. ÒHow did you know heÕd come back? Specifically, when he did?Ó

 

ÒI didnÕt know when he would return,Ó The driver keeps her eyes on the road. ÒI just knew he would.Ó

 

ÒBut how?Ó

 

The driverÕs jaw clenches, ÒBecause that little bitch always gets what she wants.Ó She suddenly smiles evilly. ÒAt least, she used to.Ó

 

ÒThatÕs the other thing,Ó the passenger adds on. ÒHow exactly is this plan of yours supposed to work? WouldnÕt it make sense for us to keep them apart?Ó

The driver laughs, ÒYou think so narrow-mindedly. You assume we tend to take her down when sheÕs already low.Ó She shakes her head. ÒNo, that little bitch ruined everything for us when we were at our highest peak. We had everything going for us.Ó The womanÕs eyes turn into slits as she looks at her accomplice, ÒArianna took everything from us.Ó She suddenly smiles, ÒItÕs only appropriate we return the favor in the exact same way.Ó

 

The woman sighs, ÒI still donÕt see how just the two of us though-Ò

 

ÒOf course!Ó The driver slaps the steering wheel, turning her body sideways slightly.

 

The passenger flashes the other woman a confused look, ÒI donÕt-Ò

 

ÒI believe itÕs time you met the key to our success.Ó

 

ÒHello,Ó the passenger jumps at the sound of another voice coming from the backseat. ÒI donÕt believe weÕve been properly introduced,Ó the man sits forward, resting his arms on the two middle seat armrest. ÒIÕm Kendall.Ó

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Secrets by DramaQueenAmby
Author's Notes:

Important A/N at the end of the chapter.

"That's the last time I ever let your ass pick the movie we go see," Derrick complains, waiting patiently outside his girlfriend's front door.

 

Maya sucks her teeth, "That movie was good Derrick." 

 

"No, that movie was a waste of $25," he shoots back, earning a harsh look from Maya before she manages to unlock the door, letting them both in. 

 

"Fine," she sighs, immediately kicking off her heels. "Next time you can pick the movie." 

 

"Good," Derrick smiles broadly, walking in the kitchen and pulling out a bottle of water. "Where's Kay?"

 

Maya shrugs nonchalantly, "Beats me." She lies easily, pulling her hair into a high ponytail. "Probably out shopping." 

 

With Xavier, she thinks bitterly. 

 

"So," Derrick starts, sauntering over to his leggy girlfriend. "We have the place to ourselves?" 

 

Maya smirks up at the point guard, "I guess so."

 

"Hmmm," he looks up at the ceiling. "What on earth can we do to fill the time?" 

 

"I'm glad you asked," Maya teases, grabbing his hand and leading him toward her room. She stops in front of the door and turns around to look up at him, "You ready for this Mr. Rose?"

 

"I don't know," Derrick bites his lip, playing with the hem of Maya's shirt. "Open up this door and let's find out."

 

She grins, "You asked for it." Turning back around, she slowly opens the door and steps to the side for Derrick to enter."

 

He stops in the middle of the doorway, "What the fuck Maya?!" 

 

Her room is a mess. Clothes, fabrics, sketches, textbooks, folders, and much more are spread all over the place. It soon becomes clear to Derrick that she was in the middle of studying/working when he surprised her with tickets to a movie she had been dying to see.

 

"You said you were willing to help," she says, clearly not willing to let him back out.

 

"No," he shakes his head. "I said 'Let's find out'."

 

"Exactly," she nods in agreement. "Now let's find out how good you are with Human Anatomy & Physiology."

 

"I want your anatomy," Derrick practically whines earning an exasperated sigh from his girlfriend.

 

"Finals are coming up Derrick and aside from my study session tonight with Kay, I need all the help I can get." She explains, walking over to her closet, clearly looking around for something. 

 

"But-"

 

"Less talking. More working." She 'sings.' "Can you look on my desk for my notebook?"

 

Derrick looks over at the 25+ spiral notebooks located on her desk, "You wanna narrow that down a bit?"

 

She glances at the desk and rolls her eyes, "It's the one with colorful polk-a-dots babe."

 

Derrick shakes his head, mentally cursing, as he drags his legs over by the messy desk. Moving around objects, he locates the notebook and grabs it when an item on her adjacent dresser catches his eye. 

 

"I'm actually glad you're here Derrick," he hears Maya exclaim from the closet.

 

"Oh really?" He questions, dropping the notebook and picking up the object.

 

"Yeah, there's something I wanted to ask, and tell you, I guess." She chuckles nervously, finally finding the textbook she was looking for. "Got it!" Walking out, she flips through the pages. "I'm actually-" She stops when she sees the item in her boyfriend's hands. "What are you doing with that?"

 

"I was just about to ask you the same thing," he says coldly referring to the framed picture of Colton and Maya. 

 

Shaking her head, she tosses the book on her head, "I asked you to get one thing and you take that opportunity to go through my stuff?" 

 

"Can't go through what already got wide out and in the open," he shoots back coldly. "Why do you have this?"

 

 Maya looks at the picture, instantly feeling the sadness coming back. It was the picture of her and Colton at this fair and they looked so happy. They were happy. She didn't even realize that she put it in her room, let alone had it out on her dresser. Although upset with Derrick, she was just thrilled he didn't see the other picture on her dresser. 

 

"Because..." she stops, not knowing what to say.

 

Derrick dangles the picture up in the air, "Because nothing Maya! What you need it for anyway?!" The volume in his voice increases, slightly scaring Maya, not that she would ever show her fear.

 

Truth be told, Derrick didn't really care about who it was with her in the picture. He was just offended and pissed off she had it out, as if she was proud.

 

"First you need to watch the bass in ya' voice," Maya starts, reaching out to take the picture from Derrick. Of course, he has no plans on giving it to her, raising it higher and out of her reach. "Just give me the damn picture!"

 

He rubs his chin, "Why? You still talk to this white boy?"

 

Maya doesn't know what it is, especially given her last interaction with Colton, but she immediately feels her anger boil by his insensitive words. "He's not a boy. He's a man."

 

"Oh, excuse me," Derrick feigns contrition. "Why the fuck you got this man in your room?"

 

"Listen, it doesn't even matter though cause me and him are the past." Maya offers, although she has a strange feeling in the pit of her stomach as the words exit her mouth.

 

"Well good," Derrick looks her dead in her face and throws the frame in the trash. 

 

Maya's eyes widen, "What the hell Derrick?!"

 

He shrugs nonchalantly, "You said you and him in the past."

 

Without even thinking about it, Maya exclaims an emotion filled, "God, I hate you!"

 

Obviously, she doesn't mean that, but her emotions are all over the place. She didn't know who the hell he thought he was to tell her what she could and couldn't have in her room, but that shit was not okay in her book. She didn't give a fuck if it was a picture of she and her ex. It was her picture and he needed to respect that. 

 

Maya glances over at her boyfriend and notices the hurt expression on his handsome face. She immediately felt bad. 

 

Walking over to him, she places a hand on his arm, "You know I don't hate you Derrick." He meets her gaze, "But it was just rude of you to take my stuff and throw it away like that."

 

Derrick looks at Maya like she crazy, "So now I'm the bad guy because I threw away something that supposedly died a long time ago?!" He demands, "Seems to me like you just can't let him go?" Silence. "Or maybe you just don't want to."

 

Her eyes narrow,  "You don't even know-"

 

"I didn't ask you if I needed to know about him, and I personally don't give two shits about the man." He cuts her off, "But I think what's really rude is you having a picture of you and some other nigga sitting in your room, when you supposed to be my girl."

 

Maya opens her mouth to speak, but then realizes that he is right. 

 

"That still doesn't give you the right to do what you just did."

 

"Oh, but it does."

 

Maya crosses her arms, "and how is that?"

 

"Because you're with me! Not him!" Derrick shouts, growing frustrated with the conversation.

 

"You don't understand! Colton and I," Maya stops herself, feeling all those old emotions come back. "We-"

 

Maya is cut off by Derrick's phone vibrating. Pulling it out his pocket, he unlocks it and looks at something before his eyes go wide. 

 

"Shit!" he says, running his hand over his head. "I have to go."

 

"What?" Maya questions with a complete change in the tone of her voice. "What do you mean you have to go? Derrick we're in the middle of-"

 

"I know," he cuts her off, apologetic, but also still annoyed. "But hey, maybe you can call up this Colton man and see if he's available." He finishes with a shrug, before walking out without another word.

 

Maya chuckles bitterly, turning to go sit on her bed. "By the way Derrick," she says softly, allowing a single tear to roll down her cheek. "I'm graduating next week."

 

OoOoOoOoOo

 

Arianna POV

 

I release a frustrated groan. It's not necessarily studying that I hate, it's the studying for finals that makes me want to rip my hair out by the roots. It's always so stressful. To make it worse, I usually study with Kaydence and Maya, but obviously, living with Colin put a damper on that. 

 

"You sure I can't help you?" Colin questions, sticking his head in the door. 

 

"Depends," I smile, leaning back into the pillows. "You want to summarize the Civil War for me in 10 pages or more?"

 

He laughs, walking in and sitting on the edge of the bed. "Okay, you sure I can't help you with anything other than that?"

 

I shake my head, closing up my mac and placing it to the side. "Naw, I'm good. Exhausted, but I'm good." Moving my books and stuff around, I stretch my legs out. "You can come be my pillow, my freakishly large, but comfy pillow."

 

He laughs, but makes his way over to the bed. Colin is barely situated on the bed before I latch my body onto his, resting my head on his chest. Grabbing my phone, I turn my head to the side with the other arm out, so I can browse my Tumblr dashboard. 

 

Opening up my music app, I select "Kissing on My Tattoos" and connect it to the speakers in the house. This is my damn song. August is too perfect, easy on the eyes, and his music speaks to me. 

 

"Swear you're obsessed with this song," Colin mutters, his hand gently running up and down my body. 

 

"It's relatable," I respond, my free hand resting on his lower abdomen. "And reminds me of you."

 

He chuckles softly, "Me or August?"

 

"August may be bae," I laugh, moving to sit on of him. "But you?" He moves his hands to my hips. "You are my man." 

 

He grins proudly, "You remember when I told you I wanted you to get a tattoo of my name?"

 

Oh Lord. Here we go with this again. He knows how I feel about body ink. I like his, but that's as far as it goes. 

 

"Yes, and I told you hell no."

 

He rolls his eyes, "Yeah, I know. But I wasn't being complete honest."

 

I frown slightly, "What do you mean?"

 

His grip on my hips tightens, "I wanna get you tattooed on me..."

 

I bite my lip, sitting in silence for a good two minutes. 

 

"You know I love you, right papi?" He nods, "And even though I can't stand tattoos, I actually love yours." He smirks. "But I don't know if you've noticed....but you don't have any room for anymore tattoos!" I throw my hands up in exaggeration, "Literally, I see more ink than I do skin!"

 

He just looks at me for a few seconds before falling out in a fit of laughter. The fuck? I'm deadass serious and he's just laughing like a maniac. Of course, ya'll know I'm getting pissed off now. 

 

"I'm serious Colin!" I cross my arms, noticing this nigga is literally turning pink from his laughter. "My head is too damn big for a tattoo anyway!"

 

"Baby," he manages to get out. "I'm not talking about tattooing your face." He moves his arm and turns it inward. "I'm talking about your name on my inner forearm." 

 

"Oh," I say plainly. Okay, I'm not pissed anymore. 

 

"I'm not stupid Aria," he shakes his head. "I would need my whole damn back to get your big ass head tattooed on me."

 

 "Fuck you nigga," I laugh and flip him off. "But, I mean, you don't have to." I tuck a string of hair behind my ear, looking at him bashfully. "Unless you want to of course." It's actually really fucking adorable that he wants to get something so permanent in my honor. "Don't think it's gonna guilt trip me into getting you tattooed on me though!" I warn, poking him in the chest with my index finger. "But, I won't stop you, just as long as you don't get it too big."

 

He chuckles, "I won't. Promise. Gotta save room for the other name." I look at him strangely, "Or names."

 

Raising my eyebrow, I feel my anger starting to grow again. "Who else you tryna get inked on your body?" I suck my teeth and cross my arms again, "It better be Mama Kaep or your sister, cause I'm not about to have my man walking around with some other bitch tattooed on him."

 

He closes his eyes and groans, "You be doing the most Arianna. I swear." He pauses and is quiet for a minute or two. "I'm talking about our baby.....or babies." 

 

I literally drop my phone down on the mattress. He did not just say that. Dios this is bad. Very, very, very, bad.

 

"Baby?" I feel like my heart is about to start beating out of my chest. "You....you want me to have...have..."

 

Colin sits up and gently cups my cheek, "I want US to have a baby." I whimper, shutting my eyes. "I'm not getting any younger and you know how much I love kids." It's true. He thinks the world of his nieces and nephews. "And I know your stubborn ass probably thinks you won't be a good mom but I know damn well you'll make an amazing mother."

 

Why? 

 

Fucking why

 

Why can't things ever be simple for us? Black and white? I'm so damn sick of all these technicalities. I feel like I can never just give him what he wants. There's always some complications with my ass.

 

"Colin," I look down, trying my damn hardest not to cry. "There's something-"

 

"Shh," he cuts me off, looking over at the bedroom door. "You hear that?" 

 

I frown, focusing my hearing. It sounds like the front door. Someone's coming in.

 

I feel Colin tense up under me. He moves his arms to push me off him, but I'm unmoving. 

 

"Who-"

 

"YO!" Derrick's loud ass shouting from downstairs cuts me off. "MY NIGGA WHERE YOU AT?!"

 

I groan, throwing my head back. "Why the fuck have we not taken his key from him?"

 

He looks at my sympathetically, before sitting up and projecting his voice toward the door. "Shut the fuck up Derrick! I'll be down in a minute." His gaze moves toward me, "I'm s-"

 

"Don't," I put on a fake smile and wave him off. "I need to get back to studying anyway."

 

"But-"

 

"The sooner you get him to leave," I place my arms around his neck. "The sooner we can have alone time."

 

He kisses my forehead, "I love you."

 

"I love you too," I smile warmly, finally moving off him. I watch him intently as he gets off the bed, glances back at me in the doorway, before finally walking out. As soon as I'm confident he's a good distance away, I pull out my phone and shoot Kay and Maya a text.

 

You guys busy? I need to talk. We have a problem.

 

Colin's POV

 

She's hiding something. I can tell. Wouldn't be the first time, but I can tell this is serious. I have a feeling it has something to do with kids. It would be nearly impossible to not notice the look on her face when I mentioned that. Maybe it wasn't the right time? 

 

I mentally kick myself. 

 

When is there ever a right time for she and I? Exactly.

 

"You know you have the worse timing ever, right?" That's the first thing I say to Derrick who has already welcomed himself to a soda. Why not? He's already welcomed himself into my house. Arianna is right. Why haven't we taken this fool's key from him?

 

"I need to talk to you bro," he responds almost stoically. My demeanor changes. I'm not used to seeing Derrick so serious. 

 

"What's up?" I ask genuinely, pulling a Bud Light out the fridge. Rinsing the top off, I pull out a stool and take a seat. 

 

Derrick does the same, "It's Diamond."

 

I grimace, remembering that whole situation. "Of course." Swear it's always something. "What she do now?"

 

"Well she won't be doing much for the next eight months or so," he responds bleakly. 

 

I feel my stomach drop. "So she really is pregnant?"

 

He nods solemnly, "I went with her to the doctor today to confirm it."

 

I put my head in my hands, "Who's to say it's even yours man? I mean, we're professional athletes for fuck's sake. Girls lie about this shit all the time-"

 

"You don't know Diamond like I do," he shakes his head. "She and I went to high school together." 

 

"Wait," I cut him off. "I thought she was some random bitch you picked up from the club?"

 

"So did I, but I guess I was too drunk to remember her." He pauses, releasing a heavy sigh. "We didn't exactly run in the same social circles back then, and she damn sure didn't look as good as she does now."

 

"Was she ugly or something?" 

 

"Or something," he cracks a sad smile. "She was quiet, hella smart, always kept to herself and stayed out of trouble."

 

"I see why you two weren't the best of friends then," I comment sarcastically. Lord knows Derrick was a force to be reckoned with back then. "Sorry, continue."

 

"If you looked up perfect, you'd see a big ass picture of her," he remarks bitterly. "She may be some famous, supermodel now, but deep down I know she's still that same good girl Diamond Thomas I knew back in high school." He takes a large gulp of his drink. "She wouldn't lie about me being the father. It's not in her nature. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if she was a virgin before me."

 

I nod solemnly. I've known Derrick for almost five years now. He went pro a year before I did and we met at some athlete function. He was still relatively new to the game, and I damn sure wasn't accompanied to the change in scenery. He was chill and had a carefree attitude. Been close ever since. He's my best friend and it sucks seeing him in such a sticky situation.  He's always been so careful to avoid stuff like this from happening. I really feel for him.

 

"How are you gonna break the news to Maya?"

 

He rubs his temples, "Your guess is as good as mine." 

 

"The longer you wait-"

 

"The harder it's gonna be. I know." He finishes for me. "Doesn't help that we're already fighting."

 

"Over what?" I question, partially already knowing it's probably his fault. Maya has attitude for days, but Derrick never knows when to shut up. 

 

"She-" Derrick stops as his eyes land on something behind me. "Sup Ari," he says almost too casually. Fuck. She's gonna know we were discussing something she's not supposed to know about. 

 

Turning around to look at her, I notice she's got her backpack hanging off her shoulder and car keys in hand.

 

Arianna POV

 

"Where are you going?" Colin asks immediately, noticing my bag and keys. I frown. They were conversing about something before I walked in. Derrick's way too friendly greeting to me gave that shit away. 

 

"I'm gonna crash over at the condo tonight," I explain plainly, walking up to the island where he and Derrick are sitting. "Hey Derrick."

 

He simply nods.

 

Colin looks disappointed, "Why?"

 

I flash him a sympathetic look, "I didn't realize just how much studying I have to do." Frowning at the thought, I lean over on the granite surface. "Probably going to have to pull an all nighter, and if I do, it'll be a lot easier if I can do it with Maya and Kay."  I brush my hair off my shoulder, twisting it to the side. "We have some of the same classes together and I know Maya could use the extra help with her graduation-"

 

"Graduation?" Derrick cuts me off. "What graduation?"

 

"Maya's duh," I laugh condescendingly. He continues to look at me with a clueless expression. Colin too. "She," my smile slowly drops. "She didn't tell you?"

 

"No," Derrick replies with a straight face.

 

Fuck

 

"God Maya," I moan, rubbing my temples. I look toward the basketball player; "She was supposed to tell you today."

 

"Well she didn't," he remarks with a slight attitude. "Is she really graduating?"

 

"Top of her class," I reply, with a slow nod. "She's gonna kill me for this-"

 

"Why?" Colin questions. "You said she was going to tell him today."

 

"But she didn't," I stress the last word. "Which means something happened that caused her not to. Trust me, I know. It took Kay and I forever to convince her to tell him."

 

"Why wouldn't she want me to know, though?" Derrick presses, a hint of hurt in his voice. 

 

"Maya doesn't like a lot of attention brought to herself," I explain, carefully choosing my words. "She's acting like it's not a big deal when it really, really is." I drop my bag on the floor, and situate myself in the seat next to Colin. "The three of us started college a year late for.....reasons," I release a heavy sigh. "Maya didn't want to graduate a year late though. Taking on extra classes, working all throughout the summer and winter breaks - whatever she had to do to get caught up, she did. And it paid off."

 

"Wow," Derrick remarks with admiration in his voice. 

 

"Exactly," I look directly at Derrick. "So you wanna tell me what you did or wait for her to tell me?"

 

"What makes you think-"

 

"Because I know my best friend," I cut him off. "She was nervous and hesitant as hell to tell and invite you, but she was going to do it." I reiterate. "Something changed her mind or rather, someone."

 

He pauses, "We got into an argument over this picture."

 

"A picture?" Colin repeats. "Really Derrick?"

 

"It was a picture of her and some white boy," Derrick quickly shoots back. "On her dresser too."

 

I bite my lip, realizing it must have been a picture of she and Colton. Lord knows she would never part with anything that reminds her of him.

 

"I wouldn't worry about that D," I say dismissively. 

 

"Oh, but I am." He replies. "Just not now." Of course. "Now, all I'm concerned with is getting all the details for her graduation."

 

"It's too late Derrick," I throw my hands up. "You know how Maya is. One screw-up and you're out. She's not going to tell you about it now, let alone invite you."

 

"You don't understand Arianna," he shakes his head. "There's no way on God's green earth I'm missing my girl graduating." He looks me dead in the eye, "Now you can help me or you can not help me. Either don't make a difference cause best believe I will be at that graduation."

 

I look off into the corner. I have to admit. Derrick's dedication to Maya is beyond sweet. But, Maya will kill me if I open my mouth and talk. Then again, I highly doubt that Derrick freaking Rose will be unable to get tickets to some college graduation.

 

"Okay," I speak after a good two minutes of silence and proceed to tell him all the information he needs. As soon as I'm done, I bid bye to both men, and head outside and into my car.

 

I sit for a few minutes, trying not to be so hard on myself for lying. Yes, I need to study and yes, it'll be easier to do so with my girls, but that's not the real reason I'm getting the hell out of this house. No, I'm leaving so I can figure out with my two lifelines how the hell I'm going to break the news to Colin. He deserves to know.

 

We can't have any kids. He can, I'm sure. But, I can't.

 

I can never have any children. 

 

End Notes:

So, I apologize for the ridiculous and inexcusable delay in posting this. I believe I said before that this story is posted on another site as well. Also, I've completed this story and the entire thing is on the other site. I will try to upload the remaining chapters throughout the next week or so, but if you cannot wait (and I don't blame you), it's on Wattpad under this same username. 

Hope you enjoy! 

Sensual Seduction by DramaQueenAmby

Flashback

June (2009)

"Cindy, I need you to be in hair and makeup like yesterday, Mac, please stop playing with your cuffs - the material is durable, not indestructible, and for the love of God Abigail, if you don't stop asking does you butt look big, I will slap you into next week! You have no ass! Now, let's move it people! We're on in fifteen!" Maya shouts, clip board in hand, headset on her neck.

She's directed countless of fashion shows in her four years at Cox High, but this one is different. It's special. Why? It's the last one she'll ever direct. At least, on a high school level. All of the previous ones have ended up fine. Reviews had been rave, and everything had gone off without a hitch.

She just feels more pressure on her than usual because he's going to be at this one. Whether she likes to admit it or not, his opinion means the world to her. Plus, fashion is her life and he has slowly become a part of her life that she's not sure she can live without. The two go one in one.

Sneaking a glance behind the curtain, she's not surprised at the sold out audience. Again, all of her shows have always had a good show up. Her eyes peruse through the audience searching for her two best friends. They hadn't missed a show. Ever. She wasn't sure about tonight though.

Senior year was supposed to bring them even closer together, but it seems like it's done just the opposite. Sure, they've all played their parts in the gradual separation, but Maya is not unwilling to admit blame lies solely on her two counterparts. Kay had gone sex crazy and Arianna was so far up Kendall's ass....

One face she didn't see was the one she really wanted to though.

Colton

"Maya!" Her stage manager calling her name breaks her thoughts. She turns to the sophomore that has been shadowing her since the girl started high school. She's inexperienced and can be a bit of a pushover at times, but Maya is confident in her talent and abilities. "They're ready for us to start."

Maya nods softly, "Thanks Brenda." The girl doesn't move. "Is there something else?"

The brunette open her mouth, then closes it again before lightly placing a hand on Maya's shoulder. "He'll show up. Don't worry."

Maya glances at the girl with mixed emotions. Ironic as it may seem, Brenda was the only one who knew of Colton and Maya's affair. Not even Aria and Kaydence were aware. Because she had spent so much time advising the underclassmen, the two grew close and Maya actually trusted her. Brenda didn't judge Maya and instead offered support whenever needed. It was nice to have someone she could talk to and Maya would greatly miss the girls' companionship.

She smiled softly and nodded toward Brenda, "I know. Thanks girl."

Brenda smiled back before scurrying off to help ready the models.

With one last look at the crowd, Maya says a silent prayer and heads back to kick off her show.

One last ride.

OoOoOoOo

Maya never really cared for the outdoors. It wasn't her thing. She was far from prissy, but still enjoyed the finer things in life. Specifically, AC and lack of insects. So, a park would seem a bit out of character for the soon to be high school graduate. Yet, she loved the park. She would always go there when she needed to clear her head. Most of the times, she would go late at night where she could avoid being bothered.

Tonight was no different.

Pulling the keys out the ignition, she got out her car, locking it behind her as her feet made her way from the pavement to the sanded area. Technically, she could have walked to the park in less than fifteen minutes, but the five-minute drive was so much easier.

Taking her phone out of her back pocket, Maya placed the device in her bra as she plopped down on one of the swings. She slid off her flip-flops and submersed her toes into the sand, watching as the red polish disappeared under the grainy substance.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," she didn't even react to the voice. She could pinpoint it out of a sea of people any day. "Never know what lies beneath."

Her lips form into a sour half-grin, "Only one way to find out."

"Why even risk it though?" She can tell by the clarity and volume in his voice that he's slowly making his way toward her.

"Same thing I've been asking myself all night," she mumbles softly, slowing moving her legs to kick off a steady swing. "Ya know, unless you were involved in a violent accident that left you crippled, and judging by your mobility right now - I'm guessing that's not the case, you're not exactly the first person I'd like to see right now."

"Don't look then," she tenses only momentarily when she feels her movements come to a stop as he places both hands on the swings chains. With a little force, he applies pressure causing her swinging to resume. "Just listen."

"I think I'll pass on both." She says bluntly, still keeping her eyes glued to the ground.

"I have a good reason-" She interrupts him before he can even finish the sentence.

"Ya know, Kay may have left as soon as she spotted a nice set of biceps and Aria's weak ass let Kendall's bitch ass drag her out not even fifteen minutes in, but at least they had the balls to show their faces." She means every word that comes out of her mouth. "Wish I could say the same for you."

He pauses, "I deserve that."

"What you deserve is me walking away from your ass without even getting a chance to explain yourself."

"This is my chance to explain?"

"I haven't slit your throat yet have I?" She questions innocently, finally looking over her shoulder to meet his sincere gaze.

He shakes his head, smiling gently down at her, "Touché."

Many would find her comment deranged and the casual tone in her voice unsettling, but he knew better. He knew her bark was much, much worse than her bite. She put up a good front.

"I trust it went well," he says after a few minutes of dead silence.

"Yup," Maya pops the 'P.'

Sighing heavily, he moves from behind to stand in front of her. She makes no effort to move her legs to stop them from colliding with his torso so he takes the lead to do so. Grabbing her calves, he watches as her grips on the chains tighten to prevent his grasp from knocking her off balance. Spreading her legs, he kneels in front of her, preventing her from moving.

"My wife had an unexpected layover tonight," she finally looks up at him. "Here"

"So you talked to her," Maya starts, anger slowly dissipating as excitement grows. "Right?"

"I did," he confirms warily, his stomach dropping at the large smile that forms on her face. "Not about the divorce though."

Maya releases a bitter scoff, "Of course." She tears her gaze away from him and up to starry sky. "Get the fuck away from me Colton."

"Maya," he moans, moving his grip from her legs to the swing chains. "She was upset."

She looks at him as if he's grown two heads, "And I should give a fuck about her being upset because?"

"She just found out her sisters cancer has come back," Colton responds sadly. "Doctors aren't hopeful. Prognosis isn't looking good."

Maya's indifferent countenance almost drops completely. Sure, she doesn't like the woman, but she can't imagine what she must be going through.

"She needed a shoulder to lean on babe," he continues, noticing he's finally getting to her. "I couldn't leave her."

"It's fine Colton," Maya stops him, placing a hand up to motion silence. "I get it." Releasing her own sigh, she allows her eyes to meet his again, without the anger and hurt. "Doesn't take away the fact that you weren't there." He looks down, as her hand moves to cup his cheek. "But, I'll get over it. Eventually."

He offers her a small smile, "You staying the night?"

She looks at him with confusion, "Isn't she still here?"

"Shannon?" She nods slowly. "No, her layover was only a few hours."

"But," she grimaces, not understanding why on earth the woman wouldn't take leave or something. She didn't know much about the life of flight attendants and how their job worked, but she figured they would at least give the girl some time off while she dealt with her personal, family issues. Her father was a veteran pilot for the airline she worked for. Surely, he could pull a few strings?

It just didn't add up in Maya's mind. She had never met Colton's wife, only heard about her, but she always had a dislike for the woman and not just for the obvious reasons. For whatever reason, Maya knew deep down that there was more to the story than her lover was letting on. As she looked into his eyes, she saw nothing but honesty, sincerity in those blue orbs that had captured her attention (and heart) all those months ago. She knew he was telling her as much truth as he knew and that was good enough for her.

"Never mind," she smiled kindly, hands moving to his chest. "Let's get out of here."

"Okay," Colton replied, helping the girl up and joining their hands as they walked to their cars. They walked in silence, which didn't bother Maya because she felt like all that needed to be said, was said. She was content. Colton wasn't though. He couldn't ignore the gut-wrenching feeling of betrayal that wouldn't leave him alone. Deep inside, he felt awful, but he couldn't bring himself to hell the woman he really loved the rest of the news.

Shannon, his wife, was pregnant.

End Flashback

::.Arianna POV.::

"You're kidding, right?"

"Nope"

"Arianna."

"Colin."

This has been going on for a good ten minutes. He's being so damn stubborn.

"It's 10:00 at night Aria," he glances at the clock on the wall.

"Which is why you should hurry up and get going now before it gets even later," I offer innocently.

He places a nearby pillow over his head, "You sure you don't have anymore?"

"Babe," I cross my arms. "I just finished off a week of gruesome finals. Coffee and Boston Baked Beans are the only things that kept me sane. You know I eat for my nerves so if there was even one bean left I would let you know and make it last till tomorrow." He removes the pillow. "I'm completely out."

"Arianna," he starts, clearly growing agitated. "You didn't think of this shit earlier?"

"You've been busy all day and I haven't exactly been twiddling my thumbs to bypass time either."

He closes his eyes, "You want me to drive twenty minutes there and twenty minutes back to get you some Boston Baked Beans?"

I pretend to ponder his question, "Pretty much."

He sucks his teeth, grumbling incoherent statements as he gets off the bed and heads into his closet. I move to the edge of the bed, getting up on my knees before he emerges out dressed in basketball shorts, some Jordan's and a hoodie.

"So you'll go?" I ask softly, earning a hard and resentful look from him. "I love you."

He shakes his head, walking over by me, placing a gentle kiss on the top of my head.

"You owe me."

I grin smugly, "I know."

With a final glance, he leaves the room, and descends the stairs. I hurry up and jump off the bed, standing by our balcony doors so I can listen. It takes a few minutes before I hear the garage door go up, but as soon as I'm sure he's gone - I'm at it.

Running in the bathroom, I pull my sleeping cap off revealing my head full of curlers. With trembling hands, I hastily pull each one out. It takes a while, but the final look is worth it. Reaching for a headband, I pull one over my head and proceed to brush my teeth a good three times. I wash my face twice making sure every ounce of makeup is off. My skin isn't horrible, but it's not perfect either. I have a few blemishes and my skin tone isn't even in one or two spots but I force myself to accept it. I want to do this as me, and only me.

I shaved earlier when I got home from work. Let's just say I took the Amber Rose approach to body hair. Pulling off my oversized shirt, yoga pants, and undergarments, I throw them toward the hamper and open up the cabinet. I reach for my Victoria's Secret lotion and apply it all over. I don't apply any deodorant cause I already did so after I got out the shower not too long ago. I just waited to apply the lotion until now.

Grabbing my robe, I slip it on and make my way to my closet. Reaching at the top, I pull the striped pink bag down. Biting my lip, I pull out the sexy red and black two-piece lingerie set that Kay helped me pick out yesterday. I wanted to get all black but Kay suggested I get red and gold for obvious reasons, but I prefer black to the gold. I feel it goes better with my skin color. Eventually, we reached a compromise and I chose the black and red.

Ripping the tags off, I slide each piece on, before walking over to my mirror and looking myself over. I nervously fiddle with my bra straps, admiring how it accentuates my cleavage. The whole ensemble really compliments my curves.

Pulling a silk black robe off the hanger, I slip it on, gently securing the belt around my waist.

With one last look, I exit the closet and get my iPod off the nightstand. I already got my playlist together earlier, but I just wanted to make sure it was charged and connected to the house speakers. It is. Placing it back on the nightstand, I go and makeup the bed again, arranging the pillows all at the head.

I dim the lights and mentally go over the checklist in my head. Once I'm certain that everything is a go, I sit down on the edge of the bed and wait.

I really hate waiting. I don't do well when give too much free time. I get too much into my feelings. Like right now, I'm starting to regret this whole thing. He's probably just going to get a good laugh, throw me my candy, and call it a night.

My phone vibrates, throwing me off track and I reach over and pick it up off the nightstand. It's a text from Maya and Kay. Gotta love group texts.

Bitch you better not be having second thoughts! Stop being a little pussy, and start giving it.

You got this mamacita! You're WAY overdue for some of that Kaeperdick. Remember, just arch ya back, and take.that.DICK!

I roll my eyes. My best friends are crazy as hell. I swear. But, I love them.

They help me to take my mind off my growing apprehension as we text about not only this, but random shit as well. I'm so caught up in our convo that I don't realize he's back until I heard the front door slam.

Oh God.

I shoot out a quick text telling them he's back and I'll text them tomorrow before shutting my phone off. I nervously place it back on the nightstand.

"I'm back!" I hear him call out from downstairs. Dios, this is it. No backing out now. I run over to the nightstand again and select the first song in my playlist, making sure it's on shuffle though.

Nervously placing my hands on my head, I realize the headband is still on. Fuck. Snatching it off, I head toward the bathroom to put it back in the drawer but realize I don't have enough time. Of course. I then go to put it in my dresser drawer, but of course the damn thing won't open.

Standing there with the stupid ass headband in my head, I move to the balcony doors to throw it over the railing. Don't ask. I tend to do the craziest shit when I'm nervous. Can you tell?

"Ari?"

Fuck

I slowly turn around to come face to face with a confused looking Colin.

"Hey babe," I chuckle nervously, putting my arms behind me. "Did they have em?"

"Yeah," he says even slower than my turn to look at him. Never once taking his eyes off me, he tosses the Walmart bag on his desk. "What-"

"Jesus, I'm so bad at this." I moan, rubbing my temples with my free hand. Frustrated, I just drop the headband on the floor. "This-" I start, finding it hard to use my words all of a sudden. "I wanted to surprise you."

"I'm surprised, more confused, but still surprised." He comments, noticing the made up bed. "What is all of this?"

Sighing loudly, I make my way over to him, lacing our fingers together. "This was supposed to be me trying, but failing, to seduce my husband." Pulling him toward the bed until the backs of my knees collide with the back, I switch us around, softly pushing him on the bed.

He stays upright, hands gently caressing the back of my thighs.

"These last few weeks have been pretty crazy, what with my not so mini breakdown, to your leaving, to me finding out who my father is." I finish, releasing a breath I didn't even realize I was holding in. "It's been crazy." I smile bashfully. "But if there's on thing I've gained out of all this, it's that I'm-" I move my hands to undo my belt, "Completely." Shrugging my shoulder, one side of the robe falls off. "and totally," I shrug the other shoulder as the silk piece falls to a pool at my feet. "in love with you."

His eyes struggle to stay on my face, as they keep drifting down to my body.

I push him back, making him fall on the bed. He shifts his body so that his head is on the pillows. I take this opportunity to crawl on top of him, my hair falling and creating a frame around his face.

"And I want you," I finish with a yearning I didn't realize was there. "I want all of you."

Reaching over, I press select the first song on my playlist. The sound of Trey Songz "Slow Motion" fills the room, and house.

Leaning back over him, I allow my index finger to graze over his lips.

"Just relax," I whisper softly, as I start moving my body against his. My hips move in sensual motions, grinding on top of him, occasionally rising off him to twerk as the song speeds up at certain parts. His hands move to my hips, gently holding me as I move against his body. Fall back, supporting my body with the palms of my hands, I hear him hiss as I continue to gyrate my body, at such close proximity. After a while, I flip over and resume grinding when I feel his hands palm my ass. I've never given anyone a lap dance (aside from Kay and Maya and even then I wasn't being serious) but as I finally turned back around and sat down on him and felt the hardness underneath me, I could tell I was doing a damn good job at it.

When the song went off, and Somo "Ride" came on, Colin was immediately upright, hands still gripping my ass.

His eyes searching mine for any signs of hesitancy, "Are you sure?"

Chewing on my lip, I get off him and fall back against the bed.

"Make love to me."

As soon as the words leave my lips, he's hovering me, lips attacking mine. He breaks apart to lift his hoodie over his head, leaving him shirtless. My hands roam over his toned arms as he places kisses all over my neck, and cleavage. His hands make their way to unclasp my bra as mine move to push his basketball shorts down.

His lust filled eyes meet mine.

I nod, not even needing him to open his mouth.

The rest of our clothes are discarded and thrown about the room shortly after. It doesn't take long for him to snake his way down my body, his tongue putting in work as per usual. I squirm, moan and fist his hair as that one body part of his manages to send me to heaven over and over again. My eyes roll into the back of my head. The pleasure is almost too much.

I'm barely aware of my surroundings, seeing as though I'm too caught up in pleasure when I feel him make his way back up my body. Our lips meet again and I moan, tasting myself in his mouth. My hands move to his lower back as I feel him position himself against me.

"I love you," he whispers sensuously, looking at me one final time before kissing me again.

I inhale sharply against his mouth, as he starts to enter me. My eyes shut as my fingers dig into his back. I was right.

He's gonna kill me.

"Relax baby," he mumbles, shifting his lips to my neck as he continues to push himself, stretching me. Dios, this is painful. I feel him groan against my neck.

"You good?" I question softly, fingers moving to caress the back of his neck.

"Tight," is all he can get out, face still buried in my neck.

"Lo siento?" I blush, smiling when I feel him chuckle against me.

"Move Colin," I request, after finally adjusting to his size. I feel him pull out of me at a slow pace before going back in. He continues to go slowly, clearly not wanting to hurt me, allowing me to get comfortable. His pace quickens soon after, my legs wrapping around his waist wanting more of him. All of him.

Pretty soon my hips start to move in synchronization with his. A litany of moans whimpers and screams erupting from my mouth as he continues to drive into me. His groans sounded out by my cries of bliss. My nails claw at his back, most likely drawing blood at some point as he continues to cause my body nothing but sweet satisfaction.

And then he just stops. Literally.

My eyes, glazed with a combination of lust and delirium, fall onto him.

"You trust me?" He licks his lips, clearly in agony at just being in me, but not moving.

I nod my head furiously. Honestly, he could ask me to go set a house on fire, rob a bank, anything he wants - I'll do, just as long he keeps going.

His lips form into a smirk as he pulls out of me completely. The action literally ignites a sorrow filled whimper from my lips. Then, just as fast as he pulled out, he has me flipped over on my stomach. I turn my head sideways so I'm not face first into the pillow. I'm about to flip shit on him for leaving me hanging, when he reenters me from behind.

My breathing is labored, and I quickly find my mouth pressed against the pillows as he drives into me repeatedly from this angle. As superficial as this might be, I could literally kick myself for waiting so long to do this. Sex is everything I thought it wasn't.

My first time with Kendall was horrific. He raped me. It took me the longest admit that it was more than just a terrible first time. No, the bastard blackmailed and forced himself on me. Ever since then I've been terrified to get that close with any man, Colin included. So, the sensible side of me is thankful I waited until I was ready. Then the wild, soon to be sex craving, side of me is pissed at what I've been missing out on the past three months.

I honestly have no sense of reality right now. My mind is clouded by pleasure, almost too much pleasure. My arms reach back trying to push Colin away not because he's hurting me, but because I can't take it. Is that even possible? Too much delectation?

He slows his thrusts, "Am I hurting you?"

Far from it

Again, I find it hard to render any words to come out that aren't the result of bliss. I just nod my head, signaling a firm 'no.'

"Then take it," he retorts harshly, resuming his incessant thrusts. It's strange, the roughness in his voice doesn't bother me one bit. In fact, it's even more of a turn on. I'm not used to this side of Colin. This forceful, unrelenting, domineering Colin. I suppose he'd always been afraid to push me, in fear of scaring me. I can understand that. At the same time though, I don't mind him being rough. It's different from Kendall. Kendall was just all around too physical, violent, abusive. Colin's rough side only comes out in the bedroom. I can deal with that.

As another orgasm rocks my body, I look at him out of my peripheral vision to see he's barely worked up a sweat. You would have thought we just started a minute ago. He has unlimited stamina. Swear I'm married to the energizer bunny.

This is gonna be a long night - a long, mind-blowing sex filled night.

OoOoOoOo

I wake up the next day, arms clinging to the pillow. The sun emanating from the open blinds shining on my face, probing me to get up. Eyes still closed, I reach out for Colin only to feel air. At this revelation, I force my eyes open to see that Colin is, in fact, nowhere to be seen. Our bathroom door is open and I can see from the bed that he's not in there.

The fuck?

I know he did not just up and leave.

I push the blankets off, swing my legs over the side, and move to stand on, only to almost fall to the ground.

"God," I mumble, shutting my eyes tightly. The throbbing in between my legs is unavoidable. "Fucking Colin," I grunt out through gritted teeth, slowly walking over to our bathroom. I grab my robe off the back of the bathroom door, wrapping it around me, before doing my hygiene's. As soon as I'm done, I wobble my way back into the bedroom.

I reach over to nightstand and grab my phone. Biting the inside of my cheeks, I wait for the phone to start up. As soon as it's on, I furiously dial Maya knowing she's probably up.

She answers on the third ring, "How was it?"

"I am so done with his ass," I practically shout out.

"Hold on," she replies quietly, before I hear muffled noise. "Okay, you're on speaker now girl."

"What happened?" Kaydence asks, clearly confused by my lack of happiness.

"He's fucking gone."

"What do you mean he's gone?" Maya repeats.

"I mean, he's gone." I reiterate my previous statement. "After everything, this nigga has the nerve to let me wake up alone!"

"No he didn't," Kaydence exclaims, attitude evident in her voice.

"I'm so done," I mumble more hurt than angry actually. You don't just leave like that. Last night was the best night of my life and last thing I expected to wake up to was this. Shaking my head, I search for my slippers, sliding them on as I make my way downstairs. "I don't even know where the fuck he is either."

"Want me to ask Derrick?" Maya offers sympathetically.

"Naw, I ain't even gonna stress it." I walk in the kitchen, shoulder supporting my phone as I reach in the medicine cabinet to pull out a pain pill. I can't deal with this throbbing shit. "Hey baby," I mumble without even realize it. "I mean, he could have at least text me saying-Colin?!" I shout, eyes wide as hell at the sight of him, shirtless, fixing breakfast.

"Wait, he's there?!" I hear Kay yell on the phone.

"Morning," he smirks, crossing his arms.

Kill me. Kill me now.

"Imma call ya'll back," I whisper into the phone, not even waiting for them to respond. I hang up the phone quickly. "How," I scratch the back of my neck. "How much of that did you hear?" I was talking hella loud and even though this house is even bigger, I know my voice travels.

"Enough," he answers honestly, before flashing a sly smile. "You really thought I would leave you?"

"I....well....I don't know," I finish with a whine.

He laughs, walking up to me and lifting me onto the counter. "How do you feel?"

I smile bashfully, "Like I just got hit by a truck." His smile slowly turns into a frown as I place my arms around his neck, "Only downfall to an otherwise fucking amazing night."

"I didn't hurt you did I?" He questions sincerely.

Biting my lip, I try to hold in my laugh. He's adorable.

"Baby," I start, pulling him closer to me. "I don't know if you've noticed but Colin Jr. down there isn't actually one size fits all. You probably ruptured my cervix, but papi, believe me when I tell you that last night was worth any pain or discomfort I may have right now." I sneak a quick peck on his lips when I notice a vase of Roses on the counter opposite of us. "You got me flowers?"

He looks confused, but realization quickly dawns on him as he scratches the back of his neck nervously. "Naw, those actually came from you not too long ago."

"Oh," I say plainly. Who the hell would send me flowers? Specifically, how would they know to send roses? My favorites. Then again, that is common flower. "Who are they from?"

"I didn't read the card," I raise my eyebrow. "Didn't wanna upset you."

"You aren't curious?" I cock my head to the side.

"Hell yeah," he admits, moving from me and snatching the card from the flowers and reaching it to me.

I laugh at the expecting look on his face as I carefully tear open the envelope and pull out the card.

Missed you baby girl. See you soon Ari Bear. ;)

I feel my heart stop beating.

"Well?" Colin presses, clearly not liking my silence. "Who's it from?"

"It's not possible," I mumble to myself, motioning Colin to move as I practically run into the living room. Fuck my pain. If this turns out.....I don't even wanna think about it.

"Aria?" I hear Colin call out for me, but I can't respond to him right now. Sitting in the computer chair, I click on Safari and wait for it to open. Typing the website into the browser, I wait for it to pull up and immediately go to the search bar. "What's going on Arianna? What did the card say?"

I can't respond to him. I can barely hear him. So many thoughts are running through my head. Dear God, please don't let this be happening.

It feels like hours for the information to pull up and when it does, I feel like throwing up. Time stands still. I suddenly see nothing but darkness as I hear Colin frantically calling out my name. The information on the screen is imprinted in my mind as I blackout.

Inmate Number: 408414

Name: Barnes, Kendall

.......

Status: Released

 

End Notes:

A/N: So as you all can see, love scenes are not my thing. I attribute it to the fact that I, myself, am abstinent and while I certainly have my fair share of.....wild dreams and fantasies (do not judge me! lmfao), it doesn't always transfer over into my writing as clearly.

I tried ya'll. Lmfao.

I really wanted to let this chapter end on sweet note, but I couldn't bring myself to it. Next chapter should answer a LOT of questions regarding the outcome of Arianna and Kendall's relationship.

So, ol' dude was in jail? Smh.

Again, hope you all are paying close attention. ;)

 

This story archived at https://www.valentchamber.com/viewstory.php?sid=2431