Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


"I think apple martinis could become my favorite drink." Daizan though as she downed her third drink that K had brought her. She had a nice buzz and was not annoyed by the loud rock that was blasting through the clubs multiple speakers. K had failed to mention that the band was a rock band and at first she had been outraged, but now she could care less. The club was nice and the drinks were good and it was her birthday after all. Even though she was seated in a booth, she could still feel the energy and vibe that moved though the huddled masses on the dance floor.

Of course K had made a spectacle of herself by insisting on announcing Daizan's birthday to everyone at the club. To add to Daizan's embarrassment the DJ focused the spotlight on her while the crowd sang happy birthday to her. They were also offered a booth, which was a perk she rather enjoyed. Luckily for them a pair of lesbians offered to buy them a round. Daizan's immediate response was to refuse, but K had insisted that she was joking so all four of them shared a round of shots.

Like a true beginner Daizan's face puckered as if she was sucking on a lemon much to the amusement of her party. The four of them talked for a while about politics and another round of drinks came, but this time K had opted to pay and got everyone apple martini's. Daizan didn't bother arguing with K and drank her apple martini. It was better than the shot, but she still didn't like the slight burn in her throat once the alcohol made its way down. After three more rounds she didn't mind the burn so much and a new topic was picked so Daizan decided to the bar and get everyone another martini. Talking about sex just wasn't polite conversation after the first hour of getting to know someone.

"Be right back." Daizan said, but the group merely waved her off. Even though she didn't have much insight when it came to socializing Daizan knew it wouldn't have really mattered anyway. K was obviously the one the lesbians were interested in and she was just a stepping stone to her. She knew K did not exclusively date men and the way the lesbian couple eyed her made Daizan feel a little left out. Not wanting to dwell on her loneliness' that seemed more horrible than usual Daizan made her way to the bar which was surprisingly clear. Since she hadn't been the focus of attention for the lesbians in the first place and K was wasted no one tried to stop her.

"What can I get you birthday girl?" A mocha colored man asked her leaning over the bar so he could get a closer look at her. While he blatantly observed Daizan she took in her fill of him as well. He was tall about 6'3 if not more, which was great for her tall height. His eyes were dark brown and his lips were full, moist and smiling. His hair was dreaded, which was a plus since he kept it neat and in a ponytail that hung at the nape of his neck. A few locks were placed behind his ear that had at least a dozen small studs in each ear. She also noticed a piercing on his bottom lip, a tiny stud in his small nose and two small buds pressed tight against his black dress shirt. Daizan took a step back and cringed at the thought of getting a piercing through her nipples. Maybe he wasn't her type after all.

"Another round of apple martini's." Daizan said not bothering to look him in the eyes since she was feeling a bit self-conscious now. It wasn't like her to ogle a man like...K. That girl was a very bad influence.

"One with an extra dash of apple?"

"What?" Daizan asked confused by why he would want to add extra apple to one of the drinks instead of all of them.

"The lady that was ordering the drinks before you asked for one to have a little bit more sweetness to it. Now that I'm looking at you I can guess who it was for." He chuckled as he started pouring the drinks.

‘No wonder I haven't been falling out.' Daizan thought as she looked back at K who had her head thrown back laughing at something the lesbian couple had just said. She knew that she must be feeling the alcohol since she would get overly animated as a sign of her impending meltdown of tears and frequent trips to the bathroom.

"Okay we'll just keep it that way."

"Smart girl." Daizan smiled at him and moved to a bar stool. Under normal circumstances she would not blatantly flirt with a man, but today was her birthday and she had no intentions of ever seeing him again.

"What's your name?" She asked bending over the counter so she could watch him cut some slices off an apple.

"Marek. And you are Daze. That's an interesting name." He continued to mix the martinis slowly as he focused his eyes on her. They were almost rectangular and shape and when he smiled they almost disappeared.

"Daizan is my real name. Daze is just a nickname."

"Well Daze your friend K was telling me a few things about you and one of the most prominent tid-bits is the fact that you're looking for a job." Marek said putting all of the martini's on a tray and pushed them toward her from the counter top.

Daizan didn't voice it, but she was annoyed at the fact that Daizan felt the need to play mother. She didn't remember telling her about needing a job, but prostitution was definitely not what she was looking into. Daizan didn't know much about her mother, but she knew besides being a drug addict she also sold her body as well. And that's how she came into the world a bastard. Darius had said before she was on drugs she looked just like Darian and if that was the case she must have been a beautiful woman. Just thinking about the whole situation had her blood boiling.

Marek noticed the sour look on her face and chuckled again. Maybe it was a nervous habit or he might have been genuinely amused, but right now he was annoying Daizan

"Not that kind of job."

"Then what kind of job is it?" Daizan asked with malice in her voice. Marik sat the drinks on the table and put a hand on his chest in a mock gesture that he was offended. Daizan rolled her eyes.

"I was thinking that a beautiful girl like yourself would be an excellent bartender."

"What? A bartender? You need a license with that." With every word Daizan said she became more and more disappointed with the situation. Being a bartender would be ideal with her going to school in the day, but she was a future lawyer and knew that alcohol involved permits and licenses.

"I could teach you here before you start work. Look I'm desperate here." Marik said as he grasped his hand together and bowed his head before her.

"Why me?" Daizan asked knowing she should just say yes, but it just didn't seem right to her. She didn't fit in at all with the crowd and she was hardly the socialite. Hell, she couldn't even tolerate hard alcohol.

"Honestly I like you in a very platonic way mind you. Also I am co-owner and you definitely fit the image of what I want this club to be." Marek said with a kind smile on his face.

"And what is that?"

"Diverse! I rarely get any ethnicity in here besides white people and while I do like the eye candy I also had dreams when I opened up this club. When I was a kid I was an anomaly in the south club scene. I loved rock music just as much as I love hip hop, but there was no club that could cater to my needs. One night I was with the Hispanics doing the samba and the next I with the Islanders dancing to soca. I wanted a place where all of my music taste could be combined and I could meet people that were different and unique like me."

"O...k." Daizan said stunned at the heartfelt speech Marek had just given her. Even though it was very corny and he was definitely more animated than K, which annoyed her a little. He had ambitions, which was better than a dream since he had made it happen.

"...And I have no black people on staff besides myself and I get lonely." He muttered looking off into the distance.

"Well that makes a little more sense."

"Yeah affirmative action is a bitch." Marek said chuckling and she laughed a little as well. Maybe she should have been offended, but he was getting under her skin. Whether that was a good or bad thing has yet to be decided, but that was how things started off with K.

"Ok."

"Ok as in you agree with me or as ok you will work for me."

"Both." Daizan said giving him a small closed mouth smile. Marek was beaming down at her and looked like he was about to break out into song and dance. Thankful the rock band had stopped for the night and an upbeat hip hop song came on. Daizan could see herself working here and enjoying the music...half the time.

"Thanks so much Daze I guess I will see you tomorrow if you're not too hung over. And if your hung over we have a problem, because you've barely had shit to drink. Come by around six and I'll give you a crash course in what you will be doing."

"I'll see you then." Daizan said holding out her hand for a handshake, but instead Marek handed her the tray with the drinks on it.

 "Here take these over to your table." Marek said turning away from her and heading back to the bar. This time Daizan smiled brightly since no one was looking. Today had went from horrible to terrific in a matter of hours. She would have to thank K for taking her out. She shifted the tray so that it would lean slightly on her shoulder and started for her table, but was stopped in her tracks by one of the most striking men she had ever seen.

Her first thought was that he was gay. The lesbian couple was nowhere in sight so he was seated next to K and across from him was another man, but she could only see the back of his head. His dark grey eyes never completely focused on K and were constantly scanning the room. ‘Probably for hot guys'

Daizan chuckled, which made her tray rattle and this caused his wondering eyes to focus on her. She noticed that those eyes had a hints of brown in it. She had never seen that before.

K was still oblivious to her presence and was bursting at the seams with her charm. K's idea of fun was meeting as many people as possible and having a good time. Daizan didn't like thinking of K as promiscuous, but the girl definitely had her fill of sex. Daizan knew this from the thumps of her headboard against the wall at night and the muffled moans. Next time K came to complain about smelling meat she would have to remember to remind her about that.

‘This is having fun? About as much fun as a hole in the head.' she thought giving grey eyes one of her infamous smiles. By smile she meant her least hostile scowl. She figured that he must be a part of the band that was playing earlier due to the people looking at him in awe, but luckily their seats were elevated and away from grabby hands thanks the VIP booth. But even as a rock star he was a hard man to ignore with his David Bowie-esk makeup.

A man that looked better than her in makeup.

Scratch that, better than her period.

Besides the beautiful slanted eyes that were lined in...black eyeliner....the rest of his face was equally pointed and perfect. His lips were plump and appeared to be in a permanent pout, because the bottom was bigger than the top. ‘There's no annoying mole on his nose' she seethed. Nope it was small and pointed. His ears were even pointed at the tips and had two identical industrial piercing that seemed to be made from some black stone. Daizan figured that he was probably tall and weighed...less...than her. She assumed that he would be the 'male' in his relationship due to his muscular figure and large hands, but then she could also be wrong. His outfit screamed otherwise, with at silver studded black vest and tight leather pants that could barely be seen since they were so low on his hips. Daizan decided to stop glaring at him and sat the drinks on the table and taking a seat across from K and as far away from mystery man's friend as possible. She was embarrassed and upset at the fact that she even found him remotely attractive.

"Hey Daze these are..." K started, but she was cut off.

"Would you like me to sing you a song?" He asked giving her a slight smirk. Daizan stared at him for a moment blinking her eyes slowly trying to recall what he just said. Hopefully he would blame her late response on the loud music.

"No thank y..." Daizan said politely giving him a small closed mouth smile.

"Why?" He asked barely giving her time to finish her refusal. K looked on, but didn't say anything much to Daizan's surprise. He had interrupted her mid-sentence, which she knew from practice annoyed the girl immensely. Daizan gave her an inquisitive look, but the girl was making small talk to the guy next to her.

"I don't like being the center of attention." Daizan replied easily. It was an honest answer, which wasn't something that she often gave out. Usually she oozed sarcasm, but right now his crazy eyes were having a weird effect on her. It was as if he could see into her thoughts, which annoyed her even more since people often said she was so easy to read.

"It would be so awesome Daze!" K said in hopes of bringing the attention back to herself. Daizan looked over at her with a pained expression, but K ignored it. K liked pushing Daizan to do things that she wouldn't normally do. The brunette had managed to get her to the club and she did look like she had enjoyed her talk with the bartender. She would have to remember to ask her about that later on.

"I could just do it. I could just go ahead and sing and you couldn't stop me." He dropped the smile from his face and stared at her blankly. To Daizan it felt as if he had a lot of practice at being blank and that annoyed her. It was nearly impossible for her to keep the emotions off of his face, but he did it so effortlessly. She took a couple of large gulps from her martini to calm herself down.

"That would only annoy me Mr.?" She didn't really want to know his name, but K would reprimand her for calling him asshole.

"Akiyo"

"Mr. Akiyo I have no intentions of being serenaded. I actually have to go since I have class in the morning. You see I am a student and as a devoted student I must attend class. I am pretty sure a rock star such as yourself would not know of such a thing as commitment. About as much as K doesn't know how to look at a clock." Daizan said putting down her empty glass and giving Akiyo her meanest scowl. She was pretty sure that she was drunk since that was the most that she had spoken to a stranger. Usually she ignored people or utilized her infamous scowl, but at the moment she couldn't stop running her mouth.

"How would you know what I've done with my life?" Akiyo was surprisingly offended by what she just said. Maybe he wouldn't be if it was coming from someone that wasn't in a bar getting wasted. When he saw her walk over he had seen the look in her eyes. It was mixture of lust that he was sure she was unaware of and the rest of it was anger. He doubted that she had known she was displaying either emotion, but he had seen anger and lust directed at him most of the time, but never together. For her the lust he could understand, but he didn't know why she was angry with him. She didn't even know him.

"Look at you. If it wasn't true why are you so mad?" Daizan felt a slow cat like grin make its way to her face. She was aware that she was picking a fight, but she was angry. She was always so angry and guys like him brought out her anger in its rawest form. She could read him like a book and knew he was privileged. Even as he stared at her blankly, his eyes looked at her knowingly as if he really knew her. It made her sick that someone like him could know anything about her or assume to. She had received knowing looks most of her life her life and she hated it. No one had the right to assume to know her, because they didn't know shit.

"Why are you so angry?" Akiyo asked even though he knew it would just upset her. Part of him knew she was irritated, but he didn't stop himself from trying to annoy her. Most people didn't like him due to his nonchalant attitude and smart mouth, but Akiyo could care less. How people felt about him didn't usually bother him, but tonight this girl had struck a nerve. His reaction had probably worsened due to him talking to his father today. He hated when people looked down on him.

"Maybe I'm angry at the fact that you are contemplating doing something that I don't want. What gives you the right to make decisions for me?" Daizan said knowing that this argument had gone past some stupid song. This was the fight that blacks and whites have participated in for a long time. And even though Akiyo wasn't fully white he definitely had the air of someone who had grown up with the privilege of being so. It was like a stink of entitlement he carried and Daizan was onto him. She felt herself sliding toward him and the thought of being even closer to him excited her.

K wanted to jump in, because she knew how Daizan could be when she got riled up on one of her crusade. K knew that she wasn't completely racist, but she was angry at everything especially if it involved white people. At first K hadn't bothered talking to her since she hated half of what K was, but as she listened to her rants she saw some truth in it as well as hurt. Daizan tried to hide her emotions, but most often she failed, much to her own dismay. K knew that Akiyo had qualities K wouldn't like, which was why she had decided to let her have Akiyo's friend Ricio since he was Colombian and possessed no threat to Daizan's mindset.

Unfortunately Akiyo had no interest in her and had immediately latched on to Daizan as soon as she sat down. As she watched Daizan inch toward him a feeling of dread seized her. The fighting could get them thrown out, but Ricio had held up his hand when she tried to interject. He smiled reassuringly at K and she was instant butter. K was more attracted to him so she smiled coyly at him while he watched the pair with interest.

"I am not making a decision for you I am merely acting on my own will. Someone like you could hardly have anyone act on your behalf."

"Someone like me?" Daizan asked tilting her head to the side as she contemplated what he said. Part of her wanted to stop and walk away giving her the satisfaction of having the last word, but the other part of her wanted to know what he meant.

"What do you want me to say? Should I appease your racist tones?" Akiyo leaned across the table so that he was looking Daizan directly in the eye.

"Say what you mean." Daizan said boldly hearing a gasp from K who didn't care much for arguing. K knew Daizan was trumped up on some liquid courage, but Akiyo wasn't backing down. Ricio did say he had a temper, which worried her even more.

"Well since you want it so bad I guess someone like you would be a lot like a group of you. A group of angry black girls that have a grudge with the world when people don't bow down before them. When you are actually uneducated and underserving of respect." Akiyo said dropping his mask of indifference and smiling at Daizan evilly.

She had figured he would say something like that, but it still hurt her that he had said it. She hated being compared to the mass stereotype of black girls. She hadn't come so far to let someone like him get over on her. She pushed herself forward till she was right in Akiyo's face.

"Undeserving, huh? You wouldn't know a thing about it? What are you some sad little playboy who is burning through daddy's money so fast that he sings stupid little songs to get by? You haven‘t worked for anything and your worth even less than that." Daizan growled leaning in closer and sporting her own evil smile. She wanted to see his perfect mask shatter before her.

"Oh shit." Ricio muttered knowing her comment had hit close to home for Akiyo. Even though Akiyo rarely talked about his parents Ricio knew that was the root of all of his issues.

"Oh and did I forget that you also have a mommy complex to make up for your broken childhood so no girl will ever do, which is why you've resorted to men..." Daizan was cut off from her rant by Akiyo grabbing her chin suddenly and shaking her so roughly that she fell against the table.

"Shit Aki don't do that!"

"Let her go!"      

Daizan had only been scared a handful of times and she would have to add this time as one of them. She didn't know what to do besides look into Akiyo's cold gray eyes. She had probably touched a nerve, but she really had just been talking out her ass. The story she had thrown together was some cliché that was rooted from some soaps and her psychology class. She could try to explain that to Akiyo, but how he was looking at her at the moment didn't exactly scream that he was ready for sharing time. The mask had shattered and he wasn't happy. She had never been able to read people that well, which had come to bite her in the ass right now, but looking at Akiyo she figured there were very few people who could read him.

Akiyo was furious with her and had did something he had promised himself he would never do. He didn't want to be like his father who had constantly attacked his mother, but he couldn't let her go. Even now he could tell she was scared, but still so damn defiant. He wanted to shake some sense into her and let her know you couldn't fuck with people like that. He pushed her back into her seat before Ricio could grab him.

"Fuck you." Daizan yelled sliding out of the table and ran for the exit. K got up and quickly went after her. Ricio slowly rose and gave Akiyo a disapproving look.

"Go apologize before that girl calls the police." Ricio demanded, before turning to leisurely walk after the girls.

Akiyo slid out of the table and followed after the group, ignoring the crowd that had gathered after his spectacle. He had no intentions of apologizing to the girl, but he would at least say something to appease Ricio. Akiyo had been pushed and he was mad at himself, Ricio and Daizan for letting it get that far. There were people talking all around him, but he managed to shove his way out of the club without getting stopped.

When he made it outside K was yelling for Daizan to put on her coat and Ricio was nowhere to be seen. Up ahead he could spot Daizan walking with her arms around her and her shoulders shaking. He didn't know if she was crying or not, but he did feel bad so he ran after her.

K moved to the side just as Akiyo ran around her to get to Daizan. She wanted to tell him to stop, but her feet were killing her and she didn't think he wanted to fight with Daizan.

He slowed down once he was directly behind her, but she didn't notice. He was a few inches taller than her standing at a solid 6'1 and from his angle he could tell that she wasn't crying much to his relief. He hated when women and children started to cry. It reminded him to much of his childhood.

"You shouldn't have said those things." Akiyo said causing Daizan to jump. She had been so focused on getting to K's car that she hadn't noticed anyone behind her. The last thing she wanted was to deal with him again. She thought about ignoring him, but then she remembered the embarrassment and anger she felt her thinking changed.

"Didn't I tell you to fuck off or wait did you come back to finish the job." Daizan whirled around with her fist up ready for a fight. Her brother had taught her how to defend herself and this time she was ready for him.

Akiyo couldn't help but laugh at Daizan. He had studied martial arts, kick boxing and even a little capoeira recently. His laughter only irritated Daizan more, but she didn't move in on him.

"I didn't come back here to fight you."

"What did you come back here for?" Daizan asked looking up at him with a guarded expression. Akiyo still felt a little bad, but he was glad he had knocked her down a peg.

At that moment Ricio pulled up in his electric blue ford mustang. Daizan noticed them pull up before Akiyo noticed and frowned at K who was waving from the passenger's side.

 

"To offer you a lift."






Chapter End Notes:

It took me awhile to figure out what direction I wanted to take. This actually started out as a drunken hook up, but I changed it. I decided to make Daizan a little racist since alot of interacial fiction I read either has the guy, the guy's family, the girl's family or society as haters, I know that sometimes I make racist comments that aren't meant to cause harm, but they do and thats what I wanted Daizan to convey. You will learn a little more about Akiyo, but not much I like his arrogance that makes you dislike him a little. 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.