Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Duck and cover, Saul!




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


When the phone rang Lynne almost didn’t answer it.  She didn’t recognize the phone number and she really wasn’t in the mood for telemarketers.  Something made her pick up anyway.


“Hello?”


“Yes, may I speak with Lynne Dixon?”


“Speaking.”  Dammit, it WAS a telemarketer.


“Good.  Here’s a bit of information I feel you should know.  Your husband’s been cheating on you.  I know this because he’s been cheating with me.”


Lynne’s heart started to race.  “Who is this?”  


“Who I am isn’t important, boo-boo.  What IS important is that your husband has had me in any and every way imaginable for almost a month now.”


Lynne felt sick.  She thought she and Saul were solid.  They were best friends and lovers and they had been since their senior year in high school.  How could he do this to her?  To their family?


“He is SO good at giving pleasure, but I’m sure you already know that.  He eats pussy like a CHAMP!  And he is hu-”


“Let me stop you right there.  I assume you’re calling to force his hand, am I correct?  Nevermind, don’t answer that, that’s how women like you operate.  Let me make this perfectly clear to you, if it hasn’t already.  Saul isn’t going anywhere.  If this is true, he and I will deal with it.  But YOU, friend are history.  I hope you didn’t call me from your personal cell, because you can be tracked down pretty easily that way.  And if you call here again, your ass WILL get tracked down, AND checked.  Okay, boo-boo?”


The line went dead with not another word from the woman on the other end.  Lynne dropped the phone, ran to the bathroom, and vomited up the contents of her stomach.


Saul got home at 8pm and was surprised that Lynne wasn’t puttering around the kitchen or in the living room watching t.v.  She usually stayed downstairs because she wanted to be the first face he saw when he got home.  He really loved that woman.


He walked up the stairs calling her name.  She didn’t answer, so he walked into the bathroom to answer the call of nature then walked into the bedroom.  Lynne was sitting on the side of the bed.  It looked like she’d been crying.  


“Baby, what’s wrong?”  He asked.

She held up her phone and said, “Do you know this number?”  Saul looked at her phone.  Yeah, he knew that number.  Oh shit.


Lynne could tell by the look on his face that not only did he know the number, but he knew the woman the number belonged to.  That’s when Lynne lost it.  She began to slap and punch him relentlessly while unleashing on him verbally.  All Saul could do was cover his head with his hands while she pummeled him.


“You son of a BITCH!!  How could you do this to me!!!  We made a life together...a family and you throw it away for cheap PUSSY???  Who is she, Saul??  Who is this woman you’ve been fucking for...what’d she say?  Oh yeah, she said it was almost a month!  You fucking PRICK!!”  The more Lynne looked him trying to protect himself from the barrage of punches, the angrier she got.  


“You better get out of here, Saul.  Get out before I KILL you!  Go to your whore since she wants you so bad.  Get the fuck out!”


Just as Lynne was trying to push Saul towards the door, occasionally punching any part of his body she could reach, they both looked up and saw their sixteen year old son, Malachi.  He immediately ran and grabbed his mom’s wrists and pulled her to him in order to stop her from hitting his dad.


“Mom, stop!  Just calm down, okay.  Just calm down.”  Malachi put his arms around his mother and looked at his dad.


“What happened, dad?”  Malachi asked.


“Tell him Saul.  Tell him how you’ve destroyed our family because you can’t keep it in your pants!!!  TELL HIM!!!”


Lynne began to sob uncontrollably.  Malachi sat his mom on her bed and sat next to her.  He put his arms around her and held her while she cried.


“Lynne, I’m so sorry.  I’m so so sorry.”  Saul said softly.


“Just go, Saul.  Get out.”


“Lynne-”


“She said GO”, Malachi said loudly.


Saul grabbed a few things and left.  He’d stay in a hotel until Lynne calmed down enough to talk so he could try to explain.  So he could try to make right what he’d done wrong.

After about 10 minutes, Lynne was momentarily all cried out, but she had a terrible headache.  She asked Malachi for some ibuprofen and a glass of water.  He brought her what she asked for, then asked his mother if she needed anything else.


“No honey.  I’m just going to take these and go to bed.  Come give me a hug.”


Malachi went over to his mother and hugged her and rested his head on top of hers.  After a few minutes, he let her go and left her room.


Malachi pulled out his phone and called his sister, Cameron.  When she answered, he started to cry.


“Come home, Cammie.  Just please come home.”












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.