Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is more of a mini chapter.  I couldn't wait to post this particular scene.  I hope you see why when you read it.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Dominic was exhausted, both mentally and physically.  Filming had brutal; the fight scenes had left him bruised and aching.  They were a good outlet for his growing stress over what was going on at home.  The stunt coordinator and director had both told him that he needed to hold back before he injured someone, but it just felt so good to release some aggression.  He’d needed that release; his sanity depended on it.


Now, as the Towncar that picked him up from the airport pulled up to the front of the building, he felt the fatigue closing in on him.  He just wanted to get upstairs to Lia, hold her in his arms and rest.


He climbed out of the car, grabbing his bag as the driver pulled it out of the trunk.  He tipped the guy then headed towards the front door.  He greeted James, the doorman on duty and headed towards the elevator.  He slung his duffle bag over his shoulder as he waited.  When the doors opened he stilled.  Standing before him was the source of 99% of his and his future wife’s stress.  Eric Davison.


******************************************


Eric had never been face to face with Dominic before.  He hadn’t realized what a large, intimidating man he was.  His narrowed eyes and clenched fists only added to his menace.  That and the fact that Dominic was blocking his path out of the elevator.


“Excuse me”, Eric muttered as he tried to move past the angry, hulking man.  Instead of stepping aside, the man pressed his palm against Eric’s chest and firmly guided him back into the elevator.


Dominic pushed Eric against the wall of the elevator and held him there.  They lived in a 40 story building, so Dom pressed the button for the 40th floor.  He wanted plenty of time alone with Lia’s not so secret admirer.  He stood in front of the panel of buttons so that Eric could derail their trajectory.  What he needed to say to this man would all the time traveling up 40 floors would give him.


“Eric”, Dominic began, his voice low and calm.  “You and I have a problem.  Do you know what that problem is?”  The blonde man gave an imperceptible shake of his head.  “No, I think you do, Eric.  You know EXACTLY what our problem is, but we’re going to solve it.  TODAY”.


“What are you going to do, beat me to a pulp?”,  with a bravery he didn’t really feel.  “Are you going to risk your reputation, your freedom for that satisfaction?  Go ahead.  It’ll just prove me right; you’re a brute who doesn’t deserve Lia”.


At the sound of this sniveling little shit saying Lia’s name, Dom’s restraint almost snapped.  He fisted the man’s expensive wool coat in his hands and slowly pulled him towards him.  When he was about five inches from his face, Dom said, “Do not. EVER. Utter her name. Again”, effectively shutting down Eric’s bravado.


Dominic put his hand under Eric’s chin and pushed it up so that he was looking at the row of numbers above the elevator doors that indicated what floor they were on.  “What floor have we reached, Eric.  DO. NOT. LIE”,


“T-twenty e-eight”, Eric sniveled.


“Okay, then.  I want you to hear me clearly, Eric.  You will no longer speak to, speak of or send gifts to my wife”.


“S-she’s n-not your w-wife”, Eric stuttered.  He knew immediately that it was a mistake.  Dominic grabbed Eric around the throat and pushed him roughly against the back wall of the elevator.


“Don’t get cute.  I don’t think you’re in the position to be mouthy”, Dominic said, his calm holding despite his aggressive action.  “Now, where was I?  Oh yes, no more contact, do you understand me?  No more gifts.  NO. MORE!  If we have to have another face to face, it will be...unpleasant.  I hope we can avoid any nastiness, don’t you?”  The chime signalling their arrival to the 40th floor went off and the doors opened.  “This is where you get off, Eric”,  Dominic said as he guided the man towards the door and firmly shoved him off.  “Good talk”, he said, with a smile that didn’t reach anywhere near his eyes.  Then, low and ominously he said, “Pray we don’t need to have it again”.  With that, Dominic pressed the button for the 15th floor where his love was.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.